PDA

View Full Version : Eric Gordon wants out of New Orleans

sunsfan88
07-05-2012, 06:44 PM
Eric Gordon wants to go to Suns
Updated: July 5, 2012, 6:27 PM ET
By Ric Bucher | ESPN The Magazine

Eric Gordon is in Las Vegas vying for one of the final spots on the U.S. national team that will play in this summer's Olympics. He wants to go to London. But he doesn't want to come back to New Orleans.

Gordon, a restricted free agent who has a four-year, $58 million offer sheet from the Phoenix Suns, believes they are more committed to his future than the New Orleans Hornets. The Hornets acquired Gordon from the Los Angeles Clippers last season in the deal that sent point guard Chris Paul to the Clippers.

Paul didn't want to be in New Orleans any longer, either, and Gordon suggested if the Hornets match the Suns' offer and retain him, they'd be looking at a similar situation. The four-year offer from the Suns, a source said, includes a player option on the fourth year.

"Phoenix just showed a lot more interest, overall, and definitely in how they negotiated," Gordon said. "I don't know what New Orleans' plans are for me. There are no negotiations right now."

GM Dell Demps declined to comment on Gordon's remarks, but a league source said the Hornets are fully committed to matching the Suns' offer sheet. The Hornets identified Gordon as their most talented player even after they drafted Kentucky power forward Anthony Davis with the No. 1 pick and plan to retain him as, if nothing else, an asset.

That the Hornets drafted Duke guard Austin Rivers with the 10th pick also makes Gordon question exactly what their plans are for him.

"They drafted another shooting guard, a combo guard like me, which tells me they have another plan," Gordon said.

The Suns' recent committments -- point guard Goran Dragic and small forward Michael Beasley -- are a better fit, Gordon suggested.

"Phoenix signed two other young guys that are very talented," he said. "They're already established and they're already going to get better."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8133459/eric-gordon-says-phoenix-suns-more-committed-future-new-orleans-hornets

Free EJ! Free EJ! Free EJ!

310Casper
07-05-2012, 06:46 PM
This is why Stern is so concerned with parity in the NBA and the CBA fiasco still isn't solved, situations like these where small markets cant even keep a guy like gordon who only game them 10 games after they traded away cp3 for him and then spits in their face once healthy and wants out.

I feel bad for the Hornets franchise. NBA should ban players from the league for 1 year minimum when they complain or request a trade during their contact.

popo85
07-05-2012, 06:46 PM
Trade his ***

shep33
07-05-2012, 06:48 PM
Hope he goes to the SUns

JeffG20
07-05-2012, 06:48 PM
his Heart can be in Phoenix, his spleen can be in mexico, his kidney can be in california.
none of this matters because his contract will be in new orleans once they match.

now erica can piss and moan and decrease his trade value or play ball untill we find a team that we can trade with.

EastNYLos
07-05-2012, 06:51 PM
He does what he thinks is best for him..even though i want smaller market teams to get better..:eek:

Cfrey
07-05-2012, 06:53 PM
new orleans thinks they gonna be good or soemthing lol

knickerbockerny
This is a business, I don't see New Orleans not matching the deal, they can get more from him in a trade, then letting him walk

Cfrey
my grand momma could break anthony davis in half

JeffG20
07-05-2012, 06:54 PM
new orleans thinks they gonna be good or soemthing lol

not right away

Mrphilly
his Heart can be in Phoenix, his spleen can be in mexico, his kidney can be in california.
none of this matters because his contract will be in new orleans once they match.

now erica can piss and moan and decrease his trade value or play ball untill we find a team that we can trade with.

True and extremely funny at the same time!!!!

C-Wick925
Poor fans down in NO.. They got the bounty crap, hurricanes, snakes, gators, CP3 wanted out, Gordon wants out.. =( i feel for ya guys down there..

JeffG20

she should of signed up for the draft

sunsfan88
07-05-2012, 06:55 PM
I love this! Either the Hornets will ruin their franchise lockeroom and chemistry with Gordon constantly whining about wanting to leave New Orleans or we will get him.

He obviously doesn't wanna go anywhere else so no other team will trade for him...even after the 1st year of his contract.

Suns were due for some luck after losing Nash and Hill. :dance:

Cromedome

Monty Williams needs to call your momma.

Lloyd Christmas
So N.O. Didn't stroke his ego enough? Matching the max deal is all he needs to know about being in their "plans".

airforceones25
07-05-2012, 06:56 PM
He must not like Gumbo?

Phxtoday
07-05-2012, 06:57 PM
This is why Stern is so concerned with parity in the NBA and the CBA fiasco still isn't solved, situations like these where small markets cant even keep a guy like gordon who only game them 10 games after they traded away cp3 for him and then spits in their face once healthy and wants out.

I feel bad for the Hornets franchise. NBA should ban players from the league for 1 year minimum when they complain or request a trade during their contact.

Yeah... that's really going to happen. :facepalm:

Tymathee
07-05-2012, 06:58 PM
Lmao i knew he'd want to leave. Sten is an idiot.

ACanadian
I really hope he goes to the Sun's, they need him

JeffG20
I love this! Either the Hornets will ruin their franchise lockeroom and chemistry with Gordon constantly whining about wanting to leave New Orleans or we will get him.

He obviously doesn't wanna go anywhere else so no other team will trade for him...even after the 1st year of his contract.

Suns were due for some luck after losing Nash and Hill. :dance:

lol its not like were contending soon anyway. we can wait for a trade

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-05-2012, 06:59 PM
Yesh the nba is a joke all these guys crying and getting there way... So what hornets should just lose him for nothing? Not match and trade him for value.... Such crap all this whiney nba players

Phxtoday
07-05-2012, 07:00 PM
I remember seeing the picture of him holding up his new hornets jersey when he was traded, he looked misreable haha.

He does have a point though, drafting Austin Rivers must have been misleading to him since Rivers obviously isn't a PG.

gbrl
07-05-2012, 07:01 PM
granger and collison for gordon and jack

Capital G
07-05-2012, 07:03 PM
match and then trade his ***. i would not want him in NO at a max contract any way.

his plagued by injuries.

Pierzynski4Prez
07-05-2012, 07:04 PM
I don't know what negotiations he's waiting on with NO. They don't need to negotiate, just match.

nicegoing
07-05-2012, 07:04 PM
Dude give it a rest you aren't funny.

Phxtoday
07-05-2012, 07:05 PM
granger and collison for gordon and jack

That's not bad..

Hill
Gordon
George
West
Hibbert (if you bring him back)

Collison
Rivers
Granger
Davis
Whoever haha.

But as a Suns fan I really want Gordon.
S&T Picks from nash deal Dudley/Lopez/Telifair?

valade16
07-05-2012, 07:06 PM
I think instead of contracts, they should just have 12 seats for every team lined up on one side of a gym and have all the players line up on a line on the other side and say "Go!" and watch every player do a mad dash to what team he wants to play for, and if it's filled up, tough luck...

Phxtoday
07-05-2012, 07:07 PM
I think instead of contracts, they should just have 12 seats for every team lined up on one side of a gym and have all the players line up on a line on the other side and say "Go!" and watch every player do a mad dash to what team he wants to play for, and if it's filled up, tough luck...

:clap: This would be awesome lol, and no time for players to talk before to form 'Big 3's' etc.

sunsfan88
07-05-2012, 07:14 PM
The fact that the Hornets GM "declined" to comment on this makes it even better.

If he was so sure that they are going to match then he could have just said "Yea I will match the Suns offer even though EJ said he hates us" but Demps is smarter than the Hornets fans. He knows better than to get a guy who doesn't wanna be there.

I hate to admit it but Demps is actually a good GM and that's why I'm expecting Gordon in a Suns uni by next week.

AI4MVP
07-05-2012, 07:19 PM
The fact that the Hornets GM "declined" to comment on this makes it even better.

If he was so sure that they are going to match then he could have just said "Yea I will match the Suns offer even though EJ said he hates us" but Demps is smarter than the Hornets fans. He knows better than to get a guy who doesn't wanna be there.

I hate to admit it but Demps is actually a good GM and that's why I'm expecting Gordon in a Suns uni by next week.

If this happens, im doing back flips. Suns are a better team than last year with the additions of Goran Dragic, Eric Gordon, Michael Beasley, and Kendall Marshall, even with the subtraction of Traitor McFukface...i mean Steve Nash

Phxtoday
07-05-2012, 07:20 PM

What scares me is what we're going to give up in an obvious S&T.

Dragic, Beasley, Gortat, and Marshall are all untouchable I'd think, and probably Morris.

So Draft picks from Lakers deal + Dudley/Lopez/ S&T Brooks?

JerseyPalahniuk
07-05-2012, 07:20 PM

Hahahaha. Hope it works out for you guys. I'll be cheering on Davis and whoever they end up surrounding himself with. Don't like how Rivers players but I think he'll adapt in the NBA when he realizes his shoot-first mentality won't cut it against much stronger and quicker defenders

Cal827
07-05-2012, 07:25 PM
Stern shoulda given him that max deal back last march when he was interested in negotiating lol

RaiderKid318
07-05-2012, 07:31 PM
God before I honestly would not have been to upset if we granted gordon his wish, but now just because of sunsfan88 I hope we match and trade him to someone in their division so I can watch him stomp their *** multiple times a year. That or we keep him and he turns around and says, "my heart is in NO I love it here." like he will say where ever he ends up lol.

sunsfan88
07-05-2012, 07:33 PM
What scares me is what we're going to give up in an obvious S&T.

Dragic, Beasley, Gortat, and Marshall are all untouchable I'd think, and probably Morris.

So Draft picks from Lakers deal + Dudley/Lopez/ S&T Brooks?

Only Dudley and Gortat are untouchable from the current roster. Dragic and Beasley cannot be traded because they haven't even signed yet lol.

And as to your offer....

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=736759

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-05-2012, 07:35 PM
I don't know what negotiations he's waiting on with NO. They don't need to negotiate, just match.

This says it perfectly

JeffG20

He actually did say today that despite the comments there still matching. Good try though

Chronz

This is why there is nothing the CBA or Stern can do, players have always, and will always be able to ***** and moan till they get what they want.

dtmagnet
07-05-2012, 07:36 PM
Who is Eric Gordon to be dictating where he plays? He's still an RFA. Is this the new norm now in the NBA?

JWO35
07-05-2012, 07:37 PM
#FreeEricGordon

Gritz
07-05-2012, 07:38 PM
Who is EJ?

5ass
07-05-2012, 07:39 PM
Trade him for gortat and marshall. New orleans dont have a center or a PG. dont see them letting him go for anything less than that.

sunsfan88
07-05-2012, 07:41 PM
I bet he's picking the Suns because of our great and amazing med staff.

Gordon going to Phoenix is the best possible move he could make health-wise.

People want to call him injury prone, and then call him out for trying to get onto a team that could remedy that.

AI4MVP
07-05-2012, 07:42 PM
Trade him for gortat and marshall. New orleans dont have a center or a PG. dont see them letting him go for anything less than that.

Robin Lopez, Kendall Marshall, 2015 Lakers 1st round pick. Maybe Jared Dudley if thats what it takes.

Yunqn
07-05-2012, 07:55 PM
Hornets should match and the bulls should trade anyone on the roster plus a pick for him ..
I wouldnt mind it being noah ..

Eg would love chicago just as much especially with a long time close friend derrick rose and having a chance to win ..

sunsfan88
07-05-2012, 08:04 PM
Hornets should match and the bulls should trade anyone on the roster plus a pick for him ..

You are an idiot. I highly doubt Chicago trades Derrick Rose for him.

Mckphins
07-05-2012, 08:04 PM
I just want him anywhere but Phoenix now because of sunsfan. Even though he would just respond by saying he's happy that it's going to ruin the chemistry in the hornets locker room. Guys a chump.
Match and trade him somewhere else, someone will take him, as he'll be under contract, and the NBA is a business!!!!!

Mckphins
07-05-2012, 08:05 PM
You are an idiot. I highly doubt Chicago trades Derrick Rose for him.

**** your a tool. Did you even read the rest of his post. He said to pair him with rose. You delete that part just for the sake of writing something?

Phxtoday
07-05-2012, 08:07 PM
Only Dudley and Gortat are untouchable from the current roster. Dragic and Beasley cannot be traded because they haven't even signed yet lol.

And as to your offer....

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=736759

My bad that's right, I just am happy to get Brooks out of here.

sunsfan88
07-05-2012, 08:07 PM
You mad cause just like Brandon Marshall left Miami, Eric Gordon will leave New Orleans?

LOL your bad luck boi.

Mckphins
07-05-2012, 08:11 PM
You mad cause just like Brandon Marshall left Miami, Eric Gordon will leave New Orleans?

LOL your bad luck boi.

No I just think your a tool. And I think 99% people in this thread will agree. You didn't even read that other guys full thread. NBA is a business, have fun rotting Phoenix, you've got no future

bucketss
07-05-2012, 08:12 PM

isn't phoenix a small market?

Indi23
07-05-2012, 08:18 PM
^ don't gotta say the whole suns organization doesn't have a future lol. If we dont get him we will get someone else. Keep him he played like what 10 game last year... Suns will keep moving forward ...

Raph12
07-05-2012, 08:21 PM
Hold his ***, match the contract and then trade him wherever you want... Everyone hating on superstars wanting out, well wannabe superstars need to be crucified for it as well.

sunsfan88
07-05-2012, 08:22 PM
No I just think your a tool. And I think 99% people in this thread will agree. You didn't even read that other guys full thread. NBA is a business, have fun rotting Phoenix, you've got no future

Hahah we have got no future? Says the Hornets fans...every good player wants out of New Orleans LOL! First Chris Paul, now EJ next will be Anthony Davis.

Hell even Davis family said they were disappointed Bobcats didn't get the pick and that he didn't wanna play in New Orleans!

I didn't even wanna trash talk New Orleans (i actually like small market teams and i already said how i respect NO's front office etc but you probably too ignorant to go check) but please they are a sorry franchise, can't eve talk smack to Charlotte or Washington.

MagicBucsSox
07-05-2012, 08:24 PM
EG for Ryan Anderson jj

fadedmario
07-05-2012, 08:24 PM
Wish Gordon would go to the Suns. I could see him reaching his full potential there.

He clearly doesn't want to be in New Orleans. They likely wouldn't even be having this problem had they not taken Rivers.

mjt20mik
07-05-2012, 08:26 PM
I would do a Sign and Trade for Marshall + fillers

RLundi
07-05-2012, 08:27 PM
I understand what he's saying, but I thought the plan was to convert Rivers into a point?

Either way, he has a contract. Make him stick to it and stay in New Orleans. He doesn't have the authority or leverage to pout and demand a trade if New Orleans retains him. He has no choice.

gaughan333
07-05-2012, 08:28 PM
I hate the current state of the NBA

Mckphins
07-05-2012, 08:33 PM
Hahah we have got no future? Says the Hornets fans...every good player wants out of New Orleans LOL! First Chris Paul, now EJ next will be Anthony Davis.

Hell even Davis family said they were disappointed Bobcats didn't get the pick and that he didn't wanna play in New Orleans!

I didn't even wanna trash talk New Orleans (i actually like small market teams and i already said how i respect NO's front office etc but you probably too ignorant to go check) but please they are a sorry franchise, can't eve talk smack to Charlotte or Washington.

Lol umm sorry didn't Nash just want out and got out? And 2years ago amare, oh and member when Joe j left cos he didn't want suns to match? Rich coming from the suns.
FYI Davis has said many great things about new Orleans, and rivers wanted new Orleans to be the team that drafted him.
And no I'm not going to read back and check your previous posts, because they bore the **** out of me

3ballbomber
07-05-2012, 08:35 PM
lol @ dudes getting heated @ Gordon for wanting out of a team that Stern owns. Did you not see what he did to Chris Paul? Who the hell wants to play for a team owned by a corrupted individual.

sunsfan88
07-05-2012, 08:36 PM
Lol umm sorry didn't Nash just want out and got out? And 2years ago amare, oh and member when Joe j left cos he didn't want suns to match? Rich coming from the suns.
FYI Davis has said many great things about new Orleans, and rivers wanted new Orleans to be the team that drafted him.
And no I'm not going to read back and check your previous posts, because they bore the **** out of me

A'mare and JJ left cause we wouldn't pay em you idiot. And Nash left cause he's 39 years old and we're rebuilding....we didn't want him back that's why we lowballed him a 2 yr $12M deal.

Try again ****** face.

Mckphins
07-05-2012, 08:37 PM
lol @ dudes getting heated @ Gordon for wanting out of a team that Stern owns. Did you not see what he did to Chris Paul? Who the hell wants to play for a team owned by a corrupted individual.

Do you ever check up on the NBA? Stern hasn't owned the team for ages!!!!!!!!!! They got brought months ago. Bit of research next time

Mckphins
07-05-2012, 08:40 PM
A'mare and JJ left cause we wouldn't pay em you idiot. And Nash left cause he's 39 years old and we're rebuilding....we didn't want him back that's why we lowballed him a 2 yr $12M deal.

Try again ****** face.

Jj told the suns not to match!!!! And amare fathered the Knicks, anyone knows that. And if that's the case for Nash then howcome many of your fans are callin him a traitor? Even in this thread? I can't wait to hear your excuses when we match

sunsfan88
07-05-2012, 08:42 PM
Jj told the suns not to match!!!! And amare fathered the Knicks, anyone knows that. And if that's the case for Nash then howcome many of your fans are callin him a traitor? Even in this thread? I can't wait to hear your excuses when we match

Ok fine I will be sure to bump this thread when he's in a Suns uni next week :D

Mckphins
07-05-2012, 08:44 PM
And what will you do if he's not? Talk about how happy you are that we've got a disgruntled locker room?

Phxtoday
07-05-2012, 08:47 PM

We're calling him a traitor because he went to one of our rivials, a team he said he'd never play for. We started rebuilding and said we would work with him, he asked for LA because it's closest to his family in Phoenix. We helped him, but he asked for LA, a team he said he'd never play for = Traitor.

Phxtoday
07-05-2012, 08:49 PM
Do you ever check up on the NBA? Stern hasn't owned the team for ages!!!!!!!!!! They got brought months ago. Bit of research next time

Ages = Months apparently..

dtmagnet
07-05-2012, 08:49 PM
NO will match and if he still whines they can trade him and get great value.

Indi23
07-05-2012, 08:52 PM
Keep him and trade him . Only one team offered the max lets see the "great" value they get. As a suns fan I rather not pay a dude max for playIng 12 games.

3ballbomber
07-05-2012, 09:03 PM
'bought'

spite of this it was evident Gordon did not want to leave Clippers let alone be traded to Hornets after Stern vetoed the CP trade to LA. Consequently Gordon got the bad end of that deal. I do not blame him for wanting out. Had Stern not owned Hornets perhaps Gordon wouldn't be in this predicament in the first place. Bring the anger else where.

greg_ory_2005
07-05-2012, 09:06 PM
I don't think the Hornets would be able to trade him. Wouldn't it be the same situation as if the Knicks got back Fields?

Knicks21
07-05-2012, 09:17 PM
Suns should of offered a one year deal, with EG to accept it so he can become unrestricted the next summer. That would of been the smart thing to do if he really wants out.

NYtilIdie
07-05-2012, 09:21 PM
When the ***k did resticted FA's get a say in where they go? You go where ever the hell you're payed to go whether you like it or not, that's why you're ***king RESTRICTED you gosh damn baby!

RLundi
07-05-2012, 09:22 PM
when the ***k did resticted fa's get a say in where they go? You go where ever the hell you're payed to go whether you like it or not, that's why you're ***king restricted you gosh damn baby!

+1

CavsYanksDuke
07-05-2012, 09:37 PM
This thread is exactly why so many people dislike LeBron. He started holding franchises hostage and now every guy who scores 20 PPG thinks he can demand things.

Pathetic. I was looking forward to watching him play in NOLA, but now I just want to trade him for Kevin Martin and other pieces on the Rockets. His heart is in PHX? Well his balls must still be in LA.

sunsfan88
07-05-2012, 09:38 PM
And what will you do if he's not? Talk about how happy you are that we've got a disgruntled locker room?

Nope you can find that out for yourself but like I said earlier, the Hornets have a good GM. They knows it's best to trade him than keep him and have the drama (Dwight Howard)

Demps isn't an idiot. He's actually one of he better GMs in the league. He'll know the right thing to do with a guy who doesn't wanna be there is to cut ties with him.

bucketss
07-05-2012, 09:44 PM
This thread is exactly why so many people dislike LeBron. He started holding franchises hostage and now every guy who scores 20 PPG thinks he can demand things.

Pathetic. I was looking forward to watching him play in NOLA, but now I just want to trade him for Kevin Martin and other pieces on the Rockets. His heart is in PHX? Well his balls must still be in LA.

"Phoenix just showed a lot more interest, overall, and definitely in how they negotiated," Gordon said. "I don't know what New Orleans' plans are for me. There are no negotiations right now."

"They drafted another shooting guard, a combo guard like me, which tells me they have another plan," Gordon said.

Dade County
07-05-2012, 09:44 PM

Lbj never did what Gordon is doing right now :confused:

Lbj was contract was up (free agent) he side with another team.

Stop hating.

LA_Raiders
07-05-2012, 09:47 PM
Karma is a beoatch Stern...

bucketss
07-05-2012, 09:48 PM
Karma is a beoatch Stern...

The nba doesn't own that team anymore so stern doesn't give two *****

jim51990
07-05-2012, 09:52 PM
im on gordons side restricted free agency
once your contract is up you should be free to sign with any team

justinnum1
07-05-2012, 09:54 PM

when did lebron ever demand a trade? and you can blame the cavs organization for enabling. If they had any balls and knew how to surround lebron with talent he would probably still be there.

5ass
07-05-2012, 09:55 PM
Robin Lopez, Kendall Marshall, 2015 Lakers 1st round pick. Maybe Jared Dudley if thats what it takes.

a back up center, an unproven player, that New orleans obviously doesnt like (Marshall), since they passed on him at 10, even though they have no PG and 2 combo guards, and a very late 1st round pick is not enough.

Kevj77
07-05-2012, 09:58 PM

I feel bad for the Hornets franchise. NBA should ban players from the league for 1 year minimum when they complain or request a trade during their contact.The Suns are a small market aren't they? It's not like Gordon wants to go to LA, NY, Dallas or Boston.

beasted86
07-05-2012, 09:58 PM
Gordon should sign a 1yr contract then go wherever he chooses in 2013.

xabial
07-05-2012, 10:02 PM
Gordon should sign a 1yr contract then go wherever he chooses in 2013.

Too Much Risk Involved. What if he injures himself and tears his ACL? That would Mean He Put $58M Down the Drain.

Might as Well Let Pippen, Iverson, Shcilling, be in charge of managing your money.

mdm692
07-05-2012, 10:03 PM

I cant believe Im giving you props but :clap:. That statement says it all yet everybody overlooks it specially the last part.

aussie
07-05-2012, 10:27 PM
Rockets also offering a S&T, where Montiejunas would be involved, if Suns want Gordon then they'll have to give up Gortat

gumpspeed
07-05-2012, 10:31 PM
Too Much Risk Involved. What if he injures himself and tears his ACL? That would Mean He Put $58M Down the Drain.

Might as Well Let Pippen, Iverson, Shcilling, be in charge of managing your money.

Just say you have a bad back a miss a lot of games!!! AND, jack up a lot of shots, never pass, and don't talk to anyone ala Duane Thomas... Then leave them holding their johnson in hand with lotion in the other so they can go eff themselves!! Nobody can play hardball better than the player!!!

NO should do the best they can in a sign and trade and move on, don't be ridiculous like Daniel whatever his name is from Cleveland......

When teams try to get back at players out of spite, they always lose...So good luck with that we will do what we want to with him...The guy is a person and that is why Curt Flood got this FA stuff recongnized by law. Players are not property, they are human beings. They should have choice and not be owned.... Suck on that! Oh...EG contract is up btw!!!

gumpspeed
07-05-2012, 10:32 PM
Rockets also offering a S&T, where Montiejunas would be involved, if Suns want Gordon then they'll have to give up Gortat

Rockets have nothing to do with this...smh

jetsfan28
07-05-2012, 10:36 PM
Crazy idea: If you want out, sign a 1 year contract instead of a long term contract, and become a free agent next year. Of course his agent would never suggest that's a good idea because he wants his money, but Gordon's value didn't drop after basically missing an entire season, that clearly would have been the right move if he wanted out.

Edit: Just saw this was already brought up

He can get an insurance policy against an injury like that. Also, missing most of the season this year didn't even put a small dent in his value. You think next year, with a much more shallow market, an injury would kill him? No chance.

CavsYanksDuke
07-05-2012, 10:49 PM
Eric Gordon is a bum. Top pick and a coach's son for a PG and it's not good enough? Good riddance. Kevin Martin actually plays more than 5 games a season, trade for him.

sunsfan88
07-05-2012, 10:53 PM

Yea and Miami is offering LeBron for S&T Lopez so they can get their C position solved.

That's how great Lopez value is...you would be getting a steal getting him for Gordon.

oufanatic14
07-05-2012, 10:56 PM
Yea and Miami is offering LeBron for S&T Lopez so they can get their C position solved.

That's how great Lopez value is...you would be getting a steal getting him for Gordon.

Huh :confused:

oufanatic14
07-05-2012, 11:00 PM
If in any way Gordon is in a S&T, can guarantee it wont be to PHX. If Gortat is truly "untouchable" (lol) then all bets are def off. He would be traded to HOU or IND in any instance, wayy better players coming to NOLA.
-Sunsfan88 sig suggestion: add the subtitle "4moreyears" to eric gordons name. That's when you might have a shot at him.

mdm692
07-05-2012, 11:15 PM
If in any way Gordon is in a S&T, can guarantee it wont be to PHX. If Gortat is truly "untouchable" (lol) then all bets are def off. He would be traded to HOU or IND in any instance, wayy better players coming to NOLA.
-Sunsfan88 sig suggestion: add the subtitle "4moreyears" to eric gordons name. That's when you might have a shot at him.

Yes and Nash will never play for the lakers, the nets will never be an elite team and Lebron will never win a ring.

Losoway
07-05-2012, 11:21 PM
i agree with gordan. its not about matching the max its showing INTEREST that u want him to play .

Mckphins
07-05-2012, 11:22 PM

This guy:facepalm:

nuggetsyankees
07-05-2012, 11:25 PM
I would think a s&t to phx would need Kendall Marshall to go back to NOH now that they signed dragic....also solves the issue of Austin rivers at PG, so he can play at his preferred position

JasonJohnHorn
07-05-2012, 11:37 PM
It sounds like Eric Gordon has no clue how restricted free-agency works. The team you are with says they will match any offer. You go out and get the best offer you can, they match. Simple as that. New Orleans has made it clear that they want this kid on their team. So why does he sound like a child whose parents won't buy him a milkshake?

SMH. Some people just don't realize how lucky they are.

JasonJohnHorn
07-05-2012, 11:44 PM
Crazy idea: If you want out, sign a 1 year contract instead of a long term contract.

It doesn't work like that. If he signed an offer sheet for one year, then he could do that. But no team only wants a one year rental, they want a long term commitment and they want to have Bird rights when the contract is up, so they offer three or four year contracts. Once they sign the offer sheet... that is the deal you team has to match.

So unless he can find a team that is willing to sign him for one year, he's going to have to sign a longer contract.

nolafan33
07-06-2012, 12:07 AM
He's butt hurt because we wouldn't give him a max deal out right. His heart is in Phoenix because that's where the money is. We'll match it, he'll get the only thing he wanted all along, and he'll be fine.

sunsfan88
07-06-2012, 02:08 AM
The only way New Orleans can get Gordon and keep happy is if they trade Austin Rivers. Gordon doesn't want competition at his position and wants to be the clear cut starting SG.

If that's the case, I'm sure we wouldn't mind passing on Gordon and trading for Rivers instead ;)

sunsfan88
07-06-2012, 02:11 AM
If 'Melo can force his way out to where he wants to go...then so can Gordon.

justjames
07-06-2012, 03:48 AM
I don't think Melo was a restricted free agent.

IndyRealist
07-06-2012, 03:49 AM
Then take the qualifying offer and be a free agent next year, why is that so hard to understand?

JeffG20
07-06-2012, 05:37 AM
Then take the qualifying offer and be a free agent next year, why is that so hard to understand?

Because he leaves 58 million on the table and if he gets seriously injured he wont see that again

sunsfan88
07-06-2012, 07:42 AM
What nobody has been talking about so far is that the Hornets FO has not said a word about this yet.

All off season they have been saying "Oh we live EJ....he'll definitely be with us next season....he's our best player....he's awesome.....we'll match any contract for him"

Yet where are they now? If it was so sure that the Hornets will match then why can't Demps come out and say that? I think it's cause he knows he won't...

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-06-2012, 07:51 AM
So it was Kaman for CP3 lol

JeffG20
07-06-2012, 08:04 AM
What nobody has been talking about so far is that the Hornets FO has not said a word about this yet.

All off season they have been saying "Oh we live EJ....he'll definitely be with us next season....he's our best player....he's awesome.....we'll match any contract for him"

Yet where are they now? If it was so sure that the Hornets will match then why can't Demps come out and say that? I think it's cause he knows he won't...

they've already said that numerous times, your just not listening.

and the balls in his court, he has all the leverage. he doesnt need to say anything really.

"Hornets General Manager Dell Demps has said since the free agency period began last weekend that Gordon remains a priority to be re-signed. Sources say the Hornets will match the offer."

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2012/07/hornets-reportedly-to-match-eric-gordons-max-contract-offer-from-suns/

sunsfan88
07-06-2012, 08:15 AM
Exactly! It's always "sources"

Eric Gordon isn't using "sources" He's actually coming out himself and saying these things.

Has ANYONE in the Hornets organization said anything about keeping Eric Gordon since he signed the offer sheet?

No

sunsfan88
07-06-2012, 08:17 AM
Its not like Gordon ever signed on with New Orleans, he was TRADED to the hornets for christs sake! Does anyone think he really wanted to be traded there? Did any of them?

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/ap/5b/fullj.d064c27fb2b24e470853bff61c3777ee/ap-201112171257466749250.jpg

They look ecstatic!

Gordon was drafted by LA. He had a couple of good years there (3), and when they started to get some good talent around him, he gets traded to the lowly Hornets. After injury, he ends up playing only 9 games with them. They offer him a piss-poor deal, and he takes his chances elsewhere. Phoenix makes a great presentation, and offers him a max-deal, along with making him our franchise player. Gordon accepts the deal.

How is he the bad guy again? Because he was traded to a team he didnt want to play for, then tried to go elsewhere once he became a RFA? What does he owe the Hornets? Wasnt his choice to be traded to them!

Making Gordon seem like the bad guy is just re-tarded. I mean, really now?

JeffG20
07-06-2012, 08:20 AM
Demps has said numerous times he keeping him, he's said it himself. not my fault your too thickheaded to see the facts. dont give me that source BS. he's said it

JeffG20
07-06-2012, 08:23 AM
the key word is restricted Free agent. its not his choice to leave

kjdills13
07-06-2012, 08:40 AM
just curious on the rules, The suns have not yet made the offer offical because you cant sign anything untill next week. BUT what if the suns wrote the contract in which Gordon got a max deal, but could OPT OUT after the FIRST year, and if he chooses to opt out he would be a Unrestricted FA.

This would make the hornets scared to death because if they match the offer they will pay him 12 mill next year, he will opt out, then go get another max contract with the suns.

If they dont match the offer, he will just opt in after the first year with the suns, and play out his max contract like he wants to in PHOENIX?

has this ever been done, I am actually thinking going into law school, and want to be a sports agent, I dont know the fine details of the NBA but I think this may be a nice way to force NO hand.

LongIslandIcedZ
07-06-2012, 08:43 AM
Why would NO want him if he doesnt wanna be there? Maybe they can sign and trade and get like Kendall Marshall and someone else.

nyKnicks126
07-06-2012, 08:45 AM
Who would even want to play for New Orleans anyway..

and Phoenix.. I feel bad for Gortat..

TheNumber37
07-06-2012, 08:46 AM
just match and move later. steal a promising lead pg or scoring wing to pair with rivers and Davis. might take 3 teams, though

kjdills13
07-06-2012, 08:49 AM
just curious on the rules, The suns have not yet made the offer offical because you cant sign anything untill next week. BUT what if the suns wrote the contract in which Gordon got a max deal, but could OPT OUT after the FIRST year, and if he chooses to opt out he would be a Unrestricted FA.

This would make the hornets scared to death because if they match the offer they will pay him 12 mill next year, he will opt out, then go get another max contract with the suns.

If they dont match the offer, he will just opt in after the first year with the suns, and play out his max contract like he wants to in PHOENIX?

has this ever been done, I am actually thinking going into law school, and want to be a sports agent, I dont know the fine details of the NBA but I think this may be a nice way to force NO hand.

nyKnicks126
07-06-2012, 08:50 AM
I think if New Orleans signs him on July 11th, he will be able to get traded around the trade deadline. So it could work out and New Orleans can get players back since the contract is a multi-year contract.... Also depends on the production of Gordon.

Stuckey#3
07-06-2012, 08:51 AM
Its not like Gordon ever signed on with New Orleans, he was TRADED to the hornets for christs sake! Does anyone think he really wanted to be traded there? Did any of them?

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/ap/5b/fullj.d064c27fb2b24e470853bff61c3777ee/ap-201112171257466749250.jpg

They look ecstatic!

LOL at this photo! I've never seen this before. Kaman, Gordon and Aminu look like they're standing in front of a firing squad! LOL

I've lived in SoCal and I've lived near NO... I can feel there pain.

sunsfan88
07-06-2012, 09:05 AM
Demps has said numerous times he keeping him, he's said it himself. not my fault your too thickheaded to see the facts. dont give me that source BS. he's said it

Ok then give me the link of where Demps said that he's keeping Gordon even after Gordon said he wants to be in Phoenix.

I don't care what Demps said BEFORE EJ signed with us, I want what he said AFTER.

Capital G
07-06-2012, 09:07 AM
ill say it again. i like NO and do not want him there.

i think PHX is nuts to offer him the max w. his injury history.

give him the $ and trade him to PHX so you get something.

JeffG20
07-06-2012, 09:16 AM
Ok then give me the link of where Demps said that he's keeping Gordon even after Gordon said he wants to be in Phoenix.

I don't care what Demps said BEFORE EJ signed with us, I want what he said AFTER.

i gave you a link which you disqualified cause it had source attached to it. he still said it.

tcav701
07-06-2012, 09:21 AM
You know the league has gone to **** when Eric Gordon demands out of New Orleans.

The NBA is on the path to self destruction.

sunsfan88
07-06-2012, 09:26 AM
i gave you a link which you disqualified cause it had source attached to it. he still said it.

Yea man I'm not buying that. I wanna hear it out of Demps mouth.

New Orleans could just be trying to scare Phoenix into giving up a lot in a sign and trade for him by leaking out that they will supposedly match it.

gumpspeed
07-06-2012, 10:30 AM
Who would even want to play for New Orleans anyway..

and Phoenix.. I feel bad for Gortat..

And how many playoffs games did the Knicks lose in a row? How many times have the Knicks been to the playoffs since 1999? And how many titles have the Knicks won since 1972 (over 40 years)?! You weren't seriously comparing the two franchises.. Phoenix and NYK? New York is a great city for the rich, tourists, Yankees, and Giants......oh yea, for filiming TV shows......other than that....C'mon man!

3ddiiee
07-06-2012, 10:45 AM

dude shut the ******* UP!!!!!! :facepalm::facepalm:

Ty Fast
07-06-2012, 10:58 AM
Poor fans down in NO.. They got the bounty crap, hurricanes, snakes, gators, CP3 wanted out, Gordon wants out.. =( i feel for ya guys down there..

brees might b next 2 go lol

TO to the CHI
07-06-2012, 10:58 AM
Yea man I'm not buying that. I wanna hear it out of Demps mouth.

New Orleans could just be trying to scare Phoenix into giving up a lot in a sign and trade for him by leaking out that they will supposedly match it.

I am baffled by the firmness of your stance in this thread. I am a Raptors fan (read: absolutely no vested interest in this issue). And I went to U of Illinois, so I am not an Eric Gordon fan..... but why would New Orleans not match the offer? It just makes no sense unless it becomes a sign and trade. Otherwise they are giving up an asset for nothing.

You keep beating home the point that Demps hasn't said anything publicly, but why would he? He has no upside in doing so. Similarly, your bizarre post about respecting Demps and knowing that he is honorable, etc. was just weird. Did you think he was reading this thread and might be persuaded by the concern of losing your respect? How is it not honorable to play by the rules and match the contract? Should Demps have asked AD whether he wanted to be in NO and then picked someone else if the answer was no?

Phoenix might get Gordon. It would be a great get for him if they do. And if there is a sign and trade, Phoenix still makes out well considering that they have limited assets that could be included in that type of deal.

But acting like NO owes Gordon a damn thing is absurd. And acting like it is unlikely that they match is even more absurd. It's certainly possible, but I would suggest it highly illogical and unlikely that they don't match. But I guess we shall see in a week.

nolafan33
07-06-2012, 10:59 AM

Because unlike the Suns the Hornets try their best to keep their stuff private and behind closed doors. Just yesterday Demps told the media that he would not comment on the matter. Why should he?

It's been reported by several outlets that Gordon will meet with Demps and Monty before the 11th, and they'll get it all smoothed over.

Gritz
07-06-2012, 11:07 AM
Can't blame him, even people in New Orleans want out of New Orleans lol

JeffG20
07-06-2012, 11:10 AM
I am baffled by the firmness of your stance in this thread. I am a Raptors fan (read: absolutely no vested interest in this issue). And I went to U of Illinois, so I am not an Eric Gordon fan..... but why would New Orleans not match the offer? It just makes no sense unless it becomes a sign and trade. Otherwise they are giving up an asset for nothing.

You keep beating home the point that Demps hasn't said anything publicly, but why would he? He has no upside in doing so. Similarly, your bizarre post about respecting Demps and knowing that he is honorable, etc. was just weird. Did you think he was reading this thread and might be persuaded by the concern of losing your respect? How is it not honorable to play by the rules and match the contract? Should Demps have asked AD whether he wanted to be in NO and then picked someone else if the answer was no?

Phoenix might get Gordon. It would be a great get for him if they do. And if there is a sign and trade, Phoenix still makes out well considering that they have limited assets that could be included in that type of deal.

But acting like NO owes Gordon a damn thing is absurd. And acting like it is unlikely that they match is even more absurd. It's certainly possible, but I would suggest it highly illogical and unlikely that they don't match. But I guess we shall see in a week.

Great post :clap:

NoahH
07-06-2012, 11:52 AM

Alright someone is overreacting a bit

GiantsSwaGG
07-06-2012, 12:10 PM
I don't blame him

Dade County
07-06-2012, 01:40 PM

Two thumbs up.

Suns will have to do a sign & trade.

sunsfan88
07-06-2012, 05:15 PM
Fletcher Mackel ‏@FletcherMackel
I can see NOLA agreeing to deal w/Gordon to sign him and trade him PHX for Kendall Marshall or Markeiff Morris and at least one 1st rd pick.

Fletcher Mackel ‏@FletcherMackel
If Hornets match Gordon,can't wait for presser:Mickey/Monty/Dell plz explain how you'll win w "franchise cornerstone" begging to leave NOLA?

I can't see New Orleans being interested in Markieff Morris since they already have Davis and Landry at the PF spots. Probably Marshall but damn that's gonna be cold. But like ^^ said, Marshall and a pick seems likely.

Cal827
07-06-2012, 05:20 PM
Kendall Marshall and an Unprotected first round pick seems about right. They could try and make Rivers their future starting SG

Marshall
Rivers
(Pick)
Davis
(Pick)

Next year, they can go draft SF and C at the two likely lottery picks.

thephoenixson28
07-06-2012, 05:26 PM
Kendall Marshall and an Unprotected first round pick seems about right. They could try and make Rivers their future starting SG

Marshall
Rivers
(Pick)
Davis
(Pick)

We will give you one of the laker picks hahaha

sunsfan88
07-06-2012, 05:33 PM

Marshall
Rivers
(Pick)
Davis
(Pick)

That's exactly what I was thinking too...Kendall Marshall and the '13 Lakers unprotected 1st rd pick.

Phxtoday
07-06-2012, 05:59 PM
Because unlike the Suns the Hornets try their best to keep their stuff private and behind closed doors. Just yesterday Demps told the media that he would not comment on the matter. Why should he?

It's been reported by several outlets that Gordon will meet with Demps and Monty before the 11th, and they'll get it all smoothed over.

I'm sorry... what?? There is no logic or proof for that statement and it makes no sense. Care to explain?

sunsfan88
07-06-2012, 06:15 PM
Joe Gerrity ‏@GerrityJoe

At the end of an uncomfortable interview where he made it very clear he wants out, i told gordon that hornets fana love him. He smiled.

Joe Gerrity ‏@GerrityJoe

Gordon said he has not talked to monty or dell since the first, feels disrespected. Clearly wants out.

Joe Gerrity ‏@GerrityJoe

Gordon will NOT be happy if he's a Hornet next year. I can't make that clear enough. guy was straight up about it. He wants out.

Joe Gerrity ‏@GerrityJoe

If you're wondering why I think Gordon is a goner it's because of the stuff he says. Listen to him and then tell me he'll be a Hornet nxt yr

https://twitter.com/GerrityJoe

Gerrity is a ESPN writer who covers the Hornets btw. All this was said today at the USA Olympics practice.

J Dub8299
07-06-2012, 06:31 PM
Sign & Trade it's going to have to be...i understand the Hornets don't want to lose him for nothing but i see fans saying oh he has to stay, we are going to keep him around anyways. Well why do you want a player on your team that wants no part of your franchise??? Sign & trade and move on!

Bravo95
07-06-2012, 06:32 PM
Joe Johnson, circa '05.

Mckphins
07-06-2012, 06:42 PM
Can't blame him, even people in New Orleans want out of New Orleans lol

As opposed to people outside of new orleans wanting out?:confused:

sunsfan88
07-06-2012, 06:47 PM
Even Gordon himself called out the Hornets for not having any big men outside of Davis. Damn he just hates New Orleans now. I wonder what the hell we poisoned him with when he came to Phoenix lol.

http://www.hornets247.com/blog/2012/07/06/eric-gordon-really-wants-out-of-new-orleans/

sunsfan88
07-06-2012, 06:48 PM
Even Gordon himself called out the Hornets for not having any big men outside of Davis. Damn he just hates New Orleans now. I wonder what the hell we poisoned him with when he came to Phoenix lol.

http://www.hornets247.com/blog/2012/07/06/eric-gordon-really-wants-out-of-new-orleans/

Dave Biggs
07-06-2012, 06:50 PM
Ha he is coming to phoenix. He hates NO. They have ugly jerseys and no tradition.

nicegoing
07-06-2012, 06:50 PM
Starting to really not like Eric Gordon. Hopefully AD has a really good rookie year and becomes a beast.

juggla53
07-06-2012, 06:52 PM

Eric Gordon isnt under contract to anyone as of right now...

sunsfan88
07-06-2012, 06:58 PM
Gordon made his comments speaking with reporters for the first time since issuing a statement through his agent that his "heart" was in Phoenix.

"If (the Hornets) were interested, there wouldn't have been no tour, there wouldn't have been nothing," Gordon said. "There's been no negotiations. I was right there in Indiana. I haven't received no calls, to me personally, they've contacted my agent.

"As for now, I don't know what's going on. (If the Hornets match) as of right now, I'd be disappointed."

Is there anything the Hornets could do to change his mind?

"I don't think there is," Gordon said.

In a nearly 15 minute conversation with a handful of reporters following the first practice of the USA Basketball team as it prepares to whittle its roster prior to the London Olympic Games, Gordon repeatedly said he felt the Hornets should have stepped up with an offer better than the reported four-year, $50 million contract the club wanted to give him in late January, while he was out with a right knee injury that two weeks later necessitated arthroscopic surgery.

"If you feel that I'm that caliber player," Gordon said, when asked if he felt disrespected. "You don't think I knew I was going to be an unrestricted free agent this summer? I knew that. I took it into account. I'm taking accountability for how I play. What do they mean as an organization? What do I mean to them?

"Obviously they're saying all that (about him being the cornerstone on which the franchise will rebuild) to scare everybody off. If I don't really hear that from them, and they haven't shown it, it wouldn't be like this right now."

The Hornets have the right under the collective bargaining agreement to match the Suns' offer sheet and retain Gordon. That cannot happen procedurally until next Wednesday.

Gordon said he was surprised the Hornets drafted shooting guard Austin Rivers with the 10th overall selection, citing gaps throughout the Hornets roster, especially in the post.

"I was a little surprised; we have no center and no bigs," Gordon said. "You look at our roster right now, what do we have, one big? Jason Smith? Before Anthony Davis, we had no bigs.

"My thing is, if you're trying to be a good team, and you've got a young team, you've got to fill in spaces. I am the shooting guard. We've got plenty of point guards on our team right now."

Hornets general manager Dell Demps was a spectator at the USA Basketball on the campus of Nevada-Las Vegas. But Gordon said the two did not speak on Friday.

"He's talked to my agent (Rob Pelinka), but as far as me, I haven't really talked to him."

Demps and Hornets Coach Monty Williams have said repeatedly over the last few weeks that in their conversations with Gordon the player always expressed his desire to return to New Orleans.

On June 29, Demps said: "I never want to speak for anyone. He has expressed that he enjoyed his time here. He’s been coming back here working out in the offseason which is always a great sign. He was just here a couple days ago working out at our facility. He likes it here, he likes the setup, he likes the direction from everything that we’ve gathered.”

"At the end of the day," Gordon said Friday, "I'm a basketball player. "The Suns people have beliefs in what type of caliber player I am. When you see me take an offer, you know, it's just an offer."

Gordon said he didn't feel as though the Hornets contract offer in January, when the team was still in NBA receivership, sufficiently represented his ability as a player.

"No; I didn't accept it because I didn't think that was the type of caliber player I was," Gordon said. "We''ve just got to wait until July 11 because I don't know what they're going to do. I'm just focused on USA Basketball right now and looking ahead to July 11 because anybody can say anything right now."

Throughout the conversation, Gordon kept referring to the CBA, and his restricted free agent status, which, he said, put him in a difficult position.

"Being restricted, you're just being taken advantage of," Gordon said. "That's why things haven't been looking so well for (the Hornets). (The system) is built for players after their rookie contracts to play with their (existing) team. I can't deny it or have a judgment against that.

"I don't know what they're going to do. I don't know what their situation is since this offseason."

Asked if the Hornets had offered him in January, while he was still injured, the same type of contract the Suns offered this week, four years, $58 million, would he have signed it then?

"Why not?" Gordon said.

Yet Gordon insisted his current unhappiness with the Hornets was not about money.

"It's all about what type of caliber player I am," Gordon said. "It's all about interest. What kind of caliber player I am. That's what it's all about. No 1 thing is I'm here to win, I'm here to try to lead a team. All this new deal is built for me to stay in New Orleans, but the interest wasn't there. I've just got to move on.

"I'm a basketball player at the end of the day. Where I'm at, I've just got to play ball. But as of right now, it's going to be for the Phoenix Suns. If they match, I've got to play basketball."

He feels like he's being taken advantage of cause of being restricted....

NYMetros
07-06-2012, 07:03 PM
Pretty much agree completely with Gordon.

Mckphins
07-06-2012, 07:06 PM
thats cause its a business, the hornets would be stupid not to match. Sign him, trade him anywhere but phoenix once we can. dont want anything from phoenix. Dont rate marshall, hate lopez. only interested in their 1st rnd picks, not the lakers

Chronz
07-06-2012, 07:08 PM
If you want to play somewhere else, dont sign an offer sheet, just play the year out and become a true free agent.

kjdills13
07-06-2012, 07:11 PM
Simple,

Kendal Marshal, and all 4 lakers picks we got in the steve nash trade.

for

Eric Gordon

NO has there PG, SG,PF of the future, and get 4 picks, 2 1st rounders, and 2 second rounders.

dragic
gordan
Beasley
Morris
Gortat

Marshal
Rivers
Amanu
Anthony Davis
?
they will have a top pick next year, then another lower pick, they can rebuild in a hurry, They also have alot of cap room, so next year can make a move on some free agents and see what hapens.

nolafan33
07-06-2012, 07:16 PM
If you want to play somewhere else, dont sign an offer sheet, just play the year out and become a true free agent.

I've said this from the start.

If Eric Gordon really doesn't want to be in New Orleans, he isn't touching that Phoenix qualifying offer with a 100 foot pole. Some people don't seem to grasp that (or don't want too) though.

But he will touch that offer sheet. The only logical answer as to why? He wants his money.

jetsfan28
07-06-2012, 07:24 PM
It doesn't work like that. If he signed an offer sheet for one year, then he could do that. But no team only wants a one year rental, they want a long term commitment and they want to have Bird rights when the contract is up, so they offer three or four year contracts. Once they sign the offer sheet... that is the deal you team has to match.

So unless he can find a team that is willing to sign him for one year, he's going to have to sign a longer contract.

You think there's no team that would give him the max for one year just to make the Hornets pay more? This is the NBA, where Darius Miles could get paid for 34 games by a team that clearly doesn't need him for any particular reason to **** with Portland's cap space. This is a league where the Raptors offered Landry Fields a ridiculous contract to try to get the Knicks out of the Steve Nash running. You think he can't find a single team that, if he says there's no way I'm signing a long term offer sheet, will sign him for one year, with the knowledge that he may be willing to reward their kindness next year?

sunsfan88
07-06-2012, 07:50 PM
This is just like the Joe Johnson situation and the exact thing that happened there will happen with Gordon too.

Here's JJ:

Asked why he wants to leave the Suns after a breakthrough season, for himself and the team, Johnson said: "It's a lot of things. How things were handled [with Johnson's contract] last summer, how things have been handled this summer. There's been some things going on that aren't great."

The Suns, who would have seven days to match an offer sheet, have consistently said they intend to do just that, and NBA front-office sources reiterated Friday that Phoenix hasn't changed its stance.

Even Johnson, when asked to describe the Suns' reaction to his request to be set free, said: "They say they're going to match."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&id=2120105

nobreed504
07-06-2012, 07:52 PM
Marshall,Morris,Gortat,1st rd pick for Gordan if Phx love him that much. That would get the deal done tomorrow. If you know Dell Demps he drives a hard bargain. For Phx it's better than NO matching because then a. Trade can't be made with Phx. Phx would have Dragic,Gordan, and Beasley. That's a good start.

sunsfan88
07-06-2012, 08:01 PM
Gortat isn't going anywhere.

Would rather keep Gortat and go after Mayo or Harden next summer. Having a disgruntled player in the locker room would also mess up the Hornets locker room and chemistry so that's one less team for us to worry about in the future :D

AI4MVP
07-06-2012, 08:02 PM
Marshall,Morris,Gortat,1st rd pick for Gordan if Phx love him that much. That would get the deal done tomorrow. If you know Dell Demps he drives a hard bargain. For Phx it's better than NO matching because then a. Trade can't be made with Phx. Phx would have Dragic,Gordan, and Beasley. That's a good start.

You're a joke. Marshall, Lopez, and a 1st. You can switch Marshall with Morris if you want.

Mckphins
07-06-2012, 08:03 PM
Who exactly do Phoenix have in terms of bigs to play with for Gordon? Apart from gortat? He labels the hornets as having no1 but davis, but really what do Phoenix have?

Mckphins
07-06-2012, 08:04 PM
Gortat isn't going anywhere.

Would rather keep Gortat and go after Mayo or Harden next summer. Having a disgruntled player in the locker room would also mess up the Hornets locker room and chemistry so that's one less team for us to worry about in the future :D

Think it's obvious the hornets have a brighter future ahead of them than the suns

AI4MVP
07-06-2012, 08:05 PM
Who exactly do Phoenix have in terms of bigs to play with for Gordon? Apart from gortat? He labels the hornets as having no1 but davis, but really what do Phoenix have?

Morris, Frye, Lopez, Gortat. We might not have the Lakers starting front court, but we still have depth there.

dtmagnet
07-06-2012, 08:14 PM
So Gordon thinks the rules shouldn't apply to his situation? He comes of as sounding really unintelligent in that interview.

nobreed504
07-06-2012, 08:16 PM
You're a joke. Marshall, Lopez, and a 1st. You can switch Marshall with Morris if you want.

Saying we won't match is a joke so I figure what the hell. Nope on your deal all though im no Dell. If you have not noticed guys are getting over paid. Teams are trading anything away for what the want. This is the NBA were anything can happen.

jetsfan28
07-06-2012, 08:21 PM
This is just like the Joe Johnson situation and the exact thing that happened there will happen with Gordon too.

Here's JJ:

Phoenix was a team looking to be cheap at every possible opportunity (just look at how many picks they sold around that time). It's not surprising that they didn't jump at the opportunity to get locked into a long term, expensive dael. New Orleans, on the other hand, has new ownership that needs to do the complete opposite and prove they're willing to spend on a great player like Gordon. Phoenix also doesn't have anyone as that has the combination of talent and cap friendliness that Diaw had except for Gortat, who I doubt would be included in a S&T.

RSSNBATRUTH
07-06-2012, 08:27 PM
Eric Gordon is in no position to request any favors from the Hornets. Even if the Hornets did want to get rid of Eric Gordon in a sign and trade why would they limit themselves strictly to the Suns for trade partners? It's too difficult to obtain a talented young player like Gordon for the Hornets just to trade him for something less than full value. This is especially true when they are at no risk to losing him in the next 4 years.

sunnydayin'zona
07-06-2012, 08:37 PM

You really are delusional, aren't you.

Look at the post above yours and see the Joe Johnson situation of a few years ago.

nobreed504
07-06-2012, 08:55 PM
You really are delusional, aren't you.

Look at the post above yours and see the Joe Johnson situation of a few years ago.

And look at the post on the page before. PHX sold every draft pick and were cheap as hell back then. SUPER CHEAP. Although you guys aren't cheap anymore, NO can keep him and trade him to anybody they fell like. All I am really saying is the leverage is in New Orleans. So point and case Eric Gordan heart, grandma, dog , girlfriend , house , car ,favorite team can be in Phx, but his rights are in New Orleans. So the question is how bad does Phx want him?

sunsfan88
07-06-2012, 09:54 PM
Phoenix was a team looking to be cheap at every possible opportunity (just look at how many picks they sold around that time). It's not surprising that they didn't jump at the opportunity to get locked into a long term, expensive dael. New Orleans, on the other hand, has new ownership that needs to do the complete opposite and prove they're willing to spend on a great player like Gordon. Phoenix also doesn't have anyone as that has the combination of talent and cap friendliness that Diaw had except for Gortat, who I doubt would be included in a S&T.

And look at the post on the page before. PHX sold every draft pick and were cheap as hell back then. SUPER CHEAP. Although you guys aren't cheap anymore, NO can keep him and trade him to anybody they fell like. All I am really saying is the leverage is in New Orleans. So point and case Eric Gordan heart, grandma, dog , girlfriend , house , car ,favorite team can be in Phx, but his rights are in New Orleans. So the question is how bad does Phx want him?

The Suns said that they would match the offer for Joe Johnson. Yes the initial offer was low and cheap but after Atlanta offered him the big deal, the Suns were going to match it but then Joe Johnson asked the Suns to not match it because he said he wanted a bigger role and he wasn't going to get it in Phoenix with Nash, A'mare and Marion.

KniCks4LiFe
07-06-2012, 10:03 PM
Eric Gordon ain't nobody to be demanding stuff. Just tell him to STFU and see you in training camp. And bring the donuts beach.:cool:

Vinny642
07-06-2012, 11:28 PM
I love this whole situation

Cracka2HI!
07-06-2012, 11:40 PM
New Orleans should trade him. Take back Brooks and Lopez in S & T and a couple #1's. I don't think he's worth that money anyway. Not even close. I used to love him as a Clipper, but he played 9 games last year is getting the max and wants out of town. I'd take anything good I could I get from Phoenix(which ain't much) and call it a day. It would be different if I thought he was worth the money and team hadn't just drafted Rivers who makes more sense for a re-building team IMO. Rivers at $1.4>EJ at $14 IMO

Vinny642
07-06-2012, 11:42 PM
New Orleans should trade him. Take back Brooks and Lopez in S & T and a couple #1's. I don't think he's worth that money anyway. Not even close. I used to love him as a Clipper, but he played 9 games last year is getting the max and wants out of town. I'd take anything good I could I get from Phoenix(which ain't much) and call it a day. It would be different if I thought he was worth the money and team hadn't just drafted Rivers who makes more sense for a re-building team IMO. Rivers at $1.4>EJ at $14 IMO

I would rather Dudley and Lopez and 2 first round picks

Duncan = Donkey
07-06-2012, 11:43 PM
PHX should just offer Marshall, Lopez and the Lakers 2013 pick.

If Hornets says no, just walk away. PHX are not going to gut their roster, give away multiple 1st round picks AND pay the Max. Hornets fans get real.

Let them (Hornets) pay the max to a guy who doesn't even want to play for them.

NOH are in a terrible situation - Pay the MAX to a guy who does not want to play them, or trade him and get bad value. Dont know why any Hornets fan would 'love' the situation they are in with Gordon.

The Jokemaker
07-06-2012, 11:46 PM
If the hornets match he will be a continual headache and always wanting out. That's a huge distraction for the team. Ship his ungrateful diva *** to PHX or whoever else for what some 1's and a couple young pieces and build you a team with players who want to play there. The NBA is really getting out of hand with this diva shenanigans.

nolafan33
07-06-2012, 11:47 PM
Two Hornets reporters had a 12 minute interview with Gordon today and all it did was confirm my beliefs. The guy has had his feelings hurt because wouldn't straight out offer him a max deal. At one point he even said he would have accepted a 4 year 58 million dollar offer to stay in New Orleans. It's all about the money for him.

Like I've said from the start, we'll match the offer and he'll get his 58M and be happy about it.

Vinny642
07-06-2012, 11:47 PM

If Hornets says no, just walk away. PHX are not going to gut their roster, give away multiple 1st round picks AND pay the Max. Hornets fans get real.

NOH are in a terrible situation - Pay the MAX to a guy who does not want to play them, or trade him and get bad value. Dont know why any Hornets fan would 'love' the situation they are in with Gordon.

Then I guess you don't want Gordon, now if you give us YOUR 1st round pick, then OK

Vinny642
07-06-2012, 11:48 PM
If the hornets match he will be a continual headache and always wanting out. That's a huge distraction for the team. Ship his ungrateful diva *** to PHX or whoever else for what some 1's and a couple young pieces and build you a team with players who want to play there. The NBA is really getting out of hand with this diva shenanigans.

Yeah like they make a lot of money and still complain

Duncan = Donkey
07-06-2012, 11:50 PM
Then I guess you don't want Gordon, now if you give us YOUR 1st round pick, then OK

Dont want him that bad

sunsfan88
07-06-2012, 11:54 PM

I'm gonna laugh if they keep him and he gets injured again :D

Vinny642
07-06-2012, 11:54 PM
Dont want him that bad

Good :)

Vinny642
07-06-2012, 11:55 PM
I'm gonna laugh if they keep him and he gets injured again :D

Im going to laugh if we keep him

sunsfan88
07-06-2012, 11:56 PM
Two Hornets reporters had a 12 minute interview with Gordon today and all it did was confirm my beliefs. The guy has had his feelings hurt because wouldn't straight out offer him a max deal. At one point he even said he would have accepted a 4 year 58 million dollar offer to stay in New Orleans. It's all about the money for him.

Like I've said from the start, we'll match the offer and he'll get his 58M and be happy about it.

When asked if there is anything the Hornets can do to satisfy him and keep him in New Orleans, he said:

"Too little, too late"

Cracka2HI!
07-06-2012, 11:57 PM
I agree with this. A player of his caliber making the max and asking out of town is not a player I really want. When he got traded for CP3, Blake Griffin screamed "I don't even care who we gave up". Wonder who he was talking to? There were rumors he and Blake didn't really get along and he didn't want to be the #2 guy. When we turned down the first CP3 deal we went to him and wanted to talk extension and his people said it started at the max LOL. He really seems like a diva and isn't worth the max anyway.

sunsfan88
07-07-2012, 12:00 AM

Your a dum***. No team in their right mind is gonna give up their lottery picks for a guy who on average plays 30-40 games a season.

The best your gonna get is Marshall/Morris and the TRASH that we got from the Lakers.

Vinny642
07-07-2012, 12:03 AM
Your a dum***. No team in their right mind is gonna give up their lottery picks for a guy who on average plays 30-40 games a season.

The best your gonna get is Marshall/Morris and the TRASH that we got from the Lakers.

Its a gamble for sure, but he is a top 5 SG when he does play some calm yourself

Duncan = Donkey
07-07-2012, 12:05 AM

no point debating anymore, some of them are DELUSIONAL in what they are expecting for him, absolutely delusional.

He will either stay in NO or will be traded to PHX for bad value.

im happy with either scenario

Vinny642
07-07-2012, 12:16 AM
no point debating anymore, some of them are DELUSIONAL in what they are expecting for him, absolutely delusional.

I doubt you would be happy not getting Gordon, be real here, lets say you don't get him, your team looks horrible, Beasley is a risk, you draft a player at PG then sign another PG...?? you guys dont look too much better from last season, Dragic is no Nash, and Beasley.... idk about him.

nolafan33
07-07-2012, 12:18 AM
When asked if there is anything the Hornets can do to satisfy him and keep him in New Orleans, he said:

"Too little, too late"

His actual response consisted of the words "not right now."

The guy's heart is in Phoenix because your team was the only team to come right out and offer him a max deal. There's a reason Phoenix was like his 4th visit.

sunsfan88
07-07-2012, 12:19 AM
I agree with this. A player of his caliber making the max and asking out of town is not a player I really want. When he got traded for CP3, Blake Griffin screamed "I don't even care who we gave up". Wonder who he was talking to? There were rumors he and Blake didn't really get along and he didn't want to be the #2 guy. When we turned down the first CP3 deal we went to him and wanted to talk extension and his people said it started at the max LOL. He really seems like a diva and isn't worth the max anyway.
Wouldn't it have been funny if it was him that got traded for CP3? :D

Duncan = Donkey
07-07-2012, 12:24 AM
I doubt you would be happy not getting Gordon, be real here, lets say you don't get him, your team looks horrible, Beasley is a risk, you draft a player at PG then sign another PG...?? you guys dont look too much better from last season, Dragic is no Nash, and Beasley.... idk about him.

PHX are rebuilding though so I dont care about being good this year, i actually want us to finish dead bottom next year. I want a top 3 pick next year.

But dont kid yourselves your team will be worse than us if we get Gordon.

Vinny642
07-07-2012, 12:26 AM
PHX are rebuilding though so I dont care about being good this year, i actually want us to finish dead bottom next year. I want a top 3 pick next year.

But dont kid yourselves your team will be worse than us if we get Gordon.

Well duh we will be worse if you guys get Gordon... that was quite obvious to say

king4day
07-07-2012, 12:27 AM

If it's anything like the Joe Johnson deal, we'll probably offer you the first with protection (amongst other assets). I think with the JJ deal, it was protected for 2 or 3 years and turned into Robin Lopez (and Boris Diaw)

sunsfan88
07-07-2012, 12:29 AM
Its a gamble for sure, but he is a top 5 SG when he does play some calm yourself
Ok then Greg Oden is a top 5 center in the NBA when he plays, why the hell isn't he getting a max deal?

#injuryprone

I know man I can't wait to bump this thread after Gordon leaves NOH and comes to PHX on July 11th or they match the offer and you hear "Gordon: I'm not getting enough touches" or "Gordon: Rivers is a ball hog" or "Gordon: Rivers and Davis losing us games not me" <---- those are gonna be the headlines in New Orleans.

Then before you know it Monty Williams and Demps will get fired and everyone's gonna be saying..."WHY THE HELL DID THE HORNETS MATCH THAT OFFER :facepalm:"

Duncan = Donkey
07-07-2012, 12:30 AM
Well duh we will be worse if you guys get Gordon... that was quite obvious to say

Just like it was obvious to say we wont look good without Gordon:rolleyes:

nolafan33
07-07-2012, 12:30 AM
For a guy that's been sporting a Eric Gordon sig for a long time you sure seem to trash the guy a lot.

The fact that he won't be a Sun has sunk in so you're changing your tone, I would guess.

king4day
07-07-2012, 12:32 AM
And to everyone above, stop barking at each other. As far as we know, the Hornets have no intent to trade him. If they decide to, they have full advantage and will likely milk Phoenix for a many of its assets as possible.
The Lakers picks are a joke and practically worthless.
Marshall and Morris will likely need to be included.
Let's wait until Wednesday and revisit this.

Vinny642
07-07-2012, 12:33 AM
Just like it was obvious to say we wont look good without Gordon:rolleyes:

Because you said you would be happy if you didnt get him.... so I questioned why.. because your "rebuilding" team made some weird steps

Vinny642
07-07-2012, 12:35 AM
And to everyone above, stop barking at each other. As far as we know, the Hornets have no intent to trade him. If they decide to, they have full advantage and will likely milk Phoenix for a many of its assets as possible.
The Lakers picks are a joke and practically worthless.
Marshall and Morris will likely need to be included.
Let's wait until Wednesday and revisit this.

Exactly, like I dont understand why someone would think that is good value to give.

Duncan = Donkey
07-07-2012, 12:35 AM
Because you said you would be happy if you didnt get him.... so I questioned why.. because your "rebuilding" team made some weird steps

adding young talent are mistakes? ok..................

Duncan = Donkey
07-07-2012, 12:36 AM
Exactly, like I dont understand why someone would think that is good value to give.

It isnt good value to give, thats the point NOH will get raped if a trade occurs. Guarenteed.

sunsfan88
07-07-2012, 12:39 AM
For a guy that's been sporting a Eric Gordon sig for a long time you sure seem to trash the guy a lot.

The fact that he won't be a Sun has sunk in so you're changing your tone, I would guess.

Phoenix has the best medical staff in the world. Grant Hill, Steve Nash, Shaq, Vince Carter, Michael Redd, Kurt Thomas are all our products.

I'm not trying to brag, but we are probably the only team in the NBA that can fix up Eric Gordon.

Cracka2HI!
07-07-2012, 12:41 AM
Wouldn't it have been funny if it was him that got traded for CP3? :D

Would have never happened, but yes!

Vinny642
07-07-2012, 12:44 AM
adding young talent are mistakes? ok..................

Drafting a PG that was going to start, then signing another young point guard which basically wastes your pick, unless you trade him, and the Beasley one is a gamble. I never said mistakes, so dont put words in my mouth, I said they are weird moves

Vinny642
07-07-2012, 12:45 AM
It isnt good value to give, thats the point NOH will get raped if a trade occurs. Guarenteed.

Na, i would be happy with Dudley and Lopez and a 2013 PHX first round pic, top 5 protected...

Vinny642
07-07-2012, 12:46 AM
Regardless I think if we give him the $$4 he'll STFU and be happy

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-07-2012, 12:49 AM
They should try to screw Eric Gordon, match the offer, and trade him on December 15th to an even crappier team than themselves.....

The Charlotte Bobcats!!!! Get MKG!!! :dance:

**** Eric Glass Gordon!

Vinny642
07-07-2012, 12:56 AM
Bobcats getiing gordon!

sunsfan88
07-07-2012, 05:28 PM
They should try to screw Eric Gordon, match the offer, and trade him on December 15th to an even crappier team than themselves.....

The Charlotte Bobcats!!!! Get MKG!!! :dance:

**** Eric Glass Gordon!

They can't trade Gordon without his permission for a year.

raiderposting
07-07-2012, 05:34 PM
just trade him for the best deal you can get

_Supreme_
07-07-2012, 06:14 PM
Gordon needs to stop acting like a crying & whining diva already.

It is one thing if players like Carmelo or Dwight try to force their will upon their teams, but if the Eric Gordons of the NBA also start this behaviour God knows where it will end.

Hopefully NO doesn't budge and makes him stay there (which might not even be such a bad thing in a couple of years).

JPHX
07-07-2012, 06:24 PM
he just wants to be loved. and right now, he hasn't been feeling it from NOH. Why date someone who doesn't love you? Go with someone who makes you feel wanted. Someone who shows through action, not through words, that they love you and care about you. That they are willing to wake up next to you every morning, look you in the eye and say "Babe, I'm the luckiest person in the world."

Then have breakfast in bed together..

Dade County
07-07-2012, 06:36 PM
he just wants to be loved. and right now, he hasn't been feeling it from NOH. Why date someone who doesn't love you? Go with someone who makes you feel wanted. Someone who shows through action, not through words, that they love you and care about you. That they are willing to wake up next to you every morning, look you in the eye and say "Babe, I'm the luckiest person in the world."

Then have breakfast in bed together..

smh........:facepalm:

torocan
07-07-2012, 09:51 PM
There's really nothing complicated about the situation.

Gordon is entitled to desire to play where he wants. He's entitled to feel how he feels.

However, it would be completely irresponsible of the Hornets to let a player of his caliber leave the team and get NOTHING in return.

No fanbase would condone a situation where a high value player leaves their team without something to show for it.

Both are doing what they should be doing... Gordon is trying to go where he wants, for the money he feels he deserves. The Hornets are trying to make the best of the situation.