PDA

View Full Version : Bass staying a Celtic, 3 year deal

joeystats
07-05-2012, 04:01 PM
Mike Prada @MikePradaSBN
Reply Retweet Favorite ·More
RT @SteveBHoop: Brandon Bass staying. Celtics have reached agreement with power forward on 3-year deal, per Herald source.

https://twitter.com/#!/MikePradaSBN

LTBaByyy
07-05-2012, 04:13 PM
Boston is going to be the deepest team next year

3 deep each position

joeystats
07-05-2012, 04:14 PM
David Aldridge @daldridgetnt
Reply Retweet Favorite ·More
Source confirms @SteveBHoop report that F Brandon Bass re-ups with Boston on a three-year deal.

mjt20mik
07-05-2012, 04:15 PM
Boston is going to be the deepest team next year

3 deep each position

Who do they have at each position now?

joeystats
07-05-2012, 04:18 PM
rondo/terry
bradley
pierce/j green
bass/sullinger
kg/fab melo

possibly ray allen

D-Leethal
07-05-2012, 04:19 PM
Boston is starting to look very scary.

greg_ory_2005
07-05-2012, 04:20 PM
Good signing. Celts are deep.

Lakers + Giants
07-05-2012, 04:20 PM
I hope Boston comes out of the east next year.

Forever35
07-05-2012, 04:21 PM
Only one's signed are KG, Bass, Pierce, Bradley, Rondo, Terry (not a definite yet), JJJ, Sully, Melo, Joseph... Stiems (RFA)...

I don't see 3 deep at all positions... :shrug:

Lots of work still to do for DA...

keetyweedy
07-05-2012, 04:25 PM
They where pretty much the best team in the east imo before re-signing bass just the icing on the cake

DaVille
07-05-2012, 04:27 PM
We are not finished. But it's good to have starting powerfoward back.

yanksrock
07-05-2012, 04:28 PM
Boston will be good. Miami has lots of problems that weren't exposed because of Lebron's crazy play. If I was Miami I'd be nervous.

Also Miami has done nothing so far to upgrade.

KmB728
07-05-2012, 04:28 PM
:)

avrpatsfan
07-05-2012, 04:31 PM
They where pretty much the best team in the east imo before re-signing bass just the icing on the cake
Miami is still the best team in the east. And I'm a Celtics fan.

ATX
07-05-2012, 04:34 PM
Rondo
Bradley/Terry
Pierce/Green
Bass/Sullinger
Garnett/Melo

Need a PG, but otherwise very solid. I'd say 2nd best in East over Chicago, assuming Allen goes to Miami. Celts have done a good job of adding youth to their roster, and created a very well rounded team.

Celtic AL
07-05-2012, 04:34 PM

this is true but the Championship hangover could have an affect tho

DeRozan10
07-05-2012, 04:35 PM
boston lookin really poised to make a run

I really really hope ray goes back

Im_in_Mia_bish
07-05-2012, 04:36 PM
who the heck has a championship hangover for a full 82 games regular season, and when playoffs start?

honestly.. explain to me.

Im_in_Mia_bish
07-05-2012, 04:37 PM
dude, ray allen will join the heat.

Wade
Allen
Battier
LeBron
Bosh

choose your poison.
OH MY WADE!

keetyweedy
07-05-2012, 04:37 PM

How do you figure? 1.Rondo/Dooling 2.Bradley/Jet 3.Pierce/Green 4.K.G/sullinger 5.Fab Melo/Hollins+Bass+Pietrus????:confused:

Im_in_Mia_bish
07-05-2012, 04:39 PM
How do you figure? 1.Rondo/Dooling 2.Bradley/Jet 3.Pierce/Green 4.K.G/sullinger 5.Fab Melo/Hollins+Bass+Pietrus????:confused:

well common sense:

heat are champions.
LeBron is the best player in the NBA.
Zone killer = 3 point shooters around the big 3.
Offseason = improved bosh and lebron.
oh and of course.. kg, pierce are 1 year older.
with jeff green jackin up shots.

yanksrock
07-05-2012, 04:39 PM

Not to mention, Boston had them on the brink.

jam
07-05-2012, 04:40 PM
The Celtics take on LeBron and league officials. Should be interesting.

Im_in_Mia_bish
07-05-2012, 04:41 PM
boston having the heat on the brink doesnt mean anything. they didnt have them on the brink in 2010-11, so apparently things were different in 2011-12?

come on man.
this homerism is just annoying.

RC3
07-05-2012, 04:42 PM
Celtics could be contenders. Problem is they don't seem to want it as much as other teams. Blowing 3-2 leads this season against Miami and in the finals against the lakers in 2010. They are just too inconsistent.

Patriotsfan97
07-05-2012, 04:45 PM
Wait till we resign Green and maybe Allen. If our team Is healthy, we have
A great lineup of:
PG: Rondo/Terry
SG: Bradley/Allen
SF: Pierce/Green
PF: KG/Bass/Sully
C: Steimsma/Melo or Wilcox
Or sign Krstic since we have his rights still. He'd easily start and dominate. If we sign a Greg Oden and he stays healthy or even a Mid-Major C, we are EASILY competing for the top spot in the east and even the whole league.
Or pull the KG at C and Bass at PF starting lineup. That worked last year. I'm still hoping for a C signing this offseason so Bass and Terry can come off the bench together

keetyweedy
07-05-2012, 04:47 PM
well common sense:

heat are champions.

Well if im not mistaken dallas where last year champions and they where NOT the best team as the season started (Im a Dallas fan just so you know)so that whole were the champs stuff is pretty much:violin:....

Ill give you Lebron is the best in the NBA
with the addition of Jet+PP+Dooling+Bradley+Pietrus+(possibility bringing back ray)>chalmers+battier+(possibility bringing back injury prom miller)+(possibility getting ray)
and I havent seen KG Play that good since they won the title....18 & 11 and as far as paul pierce goes He will NOT have a postseason like he had this year guarantee it

yanksrock
07-05-2012, 04:48 PM
boston having the heat on the brink doesnt mean anything. they didnt have them on the brink in 2010-11, so apparently things were different in 2011-12?

come on man.

I'm a Knicks fan and that means it's not exactly like I want either Miami or Boston to win anything. That being said I really feel that Boston can give Miami a run for their money.

Miami didn't do anything to upgrade and Boston has done quiet a bit to bring it next year. If Lebron doesn't Play at his absolute best, than I believe Boston can and will beat them.

Just my humble opinion.

yanksrock
07-05-2012, 04:50 PM
Celtics could be contenders. Problem is they don't seem to want it as much as other teams. Blowing 3-2 leads this season against Miami and in the finals against the lakers in 2010. They are just too inconsistent.

I think with all these additions, they will be a bit more consistent.

Im_in_Mia_bish
I'm a Knicks fan and that means it's not exactly like I want either Miami or Boston to win anything. That being said I really feel that Boston can give Miami a run for their money.

Miami didn't do anything to upgrade and Boston has done quiet a bit to bring it next year. If Lebron doesn't Play at his absolute best, than I believe Boston can and will beat them.

Just my humble opinion.

well thats the issue with the heat, one of the big 3 have to play at their absolute best to beat a quality playoff team.
hopefully the heat will sign ray allen to make things a little easier.

Patriotsfan97

come on man.

Hahahahaha a Heat "fan" calling someone else a homer. I love it.

yanksrock
07-05-2012, 04:55 PM
well thats the issue with the heat, one of the big 3 have to play at their absolute best to beat a quality playoff team.
hopefully the heat will sign ray allen to make things a little easier.

That was exactly my point. The Heat have done nothing while the Celts' are doing everything they can.

Factoring in all the additions I really think Boston can beat Miami unless Miami does something significant to upgrade their roster.

I think that's valid. Don't get the homerism.

keetyweedy
07-05-2012, 04:56 PM

I wouldnt necessary say they dont want it as bad its just Lebron being the freak of nature that he is finally really utilized his talents to the best of his capabilities that's its and nobody's team was equipped enough to have a answer for it....but now they have terry and bradley + green is back they dont have to rely on bass or pietrus to score and they can be more aggressive and soak up fouls

bostncelts34
07-05-2012, 04:57 PM
Im a huge celtics fan(obviously) but i dont get how everyone is being so up on the celtics. All they have done so far from last years roster is add Terry and their draft picks. As of right now, they have lost Allen,Pietrus,Dooling,stiemsma. As well as Pierce and KG another year older during the upcoming season.

However, they can be really good with some more work by DA. They need to get another guard with only terry to back up the PG and SG positions. They also need much more depth up front.

Rondo/???
Bradley/Terry
Pierce/Green(not positive if he has even agreed officially to a deal yet)
Bass/sullinger(rookie, who knows.)
KG/Melo (rookie, who knows.)

Still alot of question marks with this team, and IMO no way is this team better then Miami. As much as that pains me to say.

TheNumber37
07-05-2012, 04:59 PM
If they Can get Back Allen and get another Big like Camby. Then I say they are better than my Miami cause of their depth. The Celtics pushed Miami to 7 games without: Bradley, Terry, Sullinger + future signings!

avrpatsfan
07-05-2012, 05:00 PM
well common sense:

heat are champions.
Mavs were too. Nice try.

Ok, you're right. Cool.

Celtics don't run the zone.

I could say the same thing. Offseason = improved Pierce and Rondo

So is everybody else in the NBA.

This is probably the stupidest part of the post. Why would Green be jacking up shots?

come on man.
Yeah, we took you guys to 7. Some would call that "on the brink".

DodgerBlue22
07-05-2012, 05:02 PM
^^^ They just took the Heat to 7 games and have added Green Jet and a healthy Bradley. Those 3 guys healthy outweigh a healthy Bosh for 7 games by a long shot. Ray Allen could be the tipping point here. Whoever he signs with of the two obviously becomes a lot better instantly

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-05-2012, 05:03 PM
Mavs were too. Nice try.

Ok, you're right. Cool.

Celtics don't run the zone.

I could say the same thing. Offseason = improved Pierce and Rondo

So is everybody else in the NBA.

This is probably the stupidest part of the post. Why would Green be jacking up shots?

Yeah, we took you guys to 7. Some would call that "on the brink".

I learned to stop taking this guy seriously when I saw this. (http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=734928)

SportsNY
07-05-2012, 05:06 PM
Boston is gonna be a great team again. Green's coming back, plus they've drafted two solid players, with the addition of Terry. So much for an "ageing" team.

avrpatsfan
07-05-2012, 05:11 PM
I learned to stop taking this guy seriously when I saw this. (http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=734928)
Best post in PSD history.

xk4
07-05-2012, 05:19 PM

2010, lost Perk, lost game 6 and 7
2012, lost literally the whole bench, Pierce and Ray were playing with injuries

They blew the 3-2 lead against Miami because they had literally no help from any of the bench players. The starting 5 scored all 86 points in game 7. Having Terry, Green, Bradley, etc...well I shouldn't have to tell you how much of an upgrade that is over guys like Marquis Daniels and Ryan Hollins, who logged significant minutes through the playoffs this year

BoSox47
07-05-2012, 05:20 PM
Rondo/
Bradley/Terry
Pierce/Green
Garnett/Bass/Jsull
/Wilcox/Melo

still need a center and backup pg.

Im_in_Mia_bish
07-05-2012, 05:22 PM
WAIT WAIT. im sorry but who won the title?

do u get a special award for taking the champions to 7 games?

thats right. sit down.

pierce and kg are 1 year older. nothin u type or homer about will change that fact.

avrpatsfan
07-05-2012, 05:26 PM

thats right. sit down.

pierce and kg are 1 year older. nothin u type or homer about will change that fact.
Nice attempt at a straw man. Nobody asked for an award, all we said is that the Celtics took the Heat to the brink of elimination. That's not homerism, that's a fact.

KmB728
07-05-2012, 05:28 PM
Best post in PSD history.

Even better that he just bumped his own thread! He is still very curious as to who Ray Allen actually is :laugh:

avrpatsfan
07-05-2012, 05:28 PM
Rondo/
Bradley/Terry
Pierce/Green
Garnett/Bass/Jsull
/Wilcox/Melo

still need a center and backup pg.
Terry can serve as a backup PG. The key is Ray Allen coming back, which is a big if.

Im_in_Mia_bish
07-05-2012, 05:32 PM
well at first that post was seriously about ray allen's total game.

people think i was questioning ray allen's 3 point game. LOL

which kinda proves what kinda thought process boston fans have.

than it turned out that they started getting emotional and so it turned into a trolling post.

Im_in_Mia_bish
07-05-2012, 05:33 PM
Nice attempt at a straw man. Nobody asked for an award, all we said is that the Celtics took the Heat to the brink of elimination. That's not homerism, that's a fact.

thats all you said.
all ive been reading by celtic fans is how now they are better than the heat.
sorry whether anyone wants to admit it or not, heat are the favs to win it. end of discussion.

celtics match up well, i agree. but how will kg play?
how will pierce play?
how would terry play in a new place?

time will tell.

yanksrock
07-05-2012, 05:37 PM

thats right. sit down.

They had a tough time with Boston without some of their key players.

That is fact and not homerism

And now they only got better.

avrpatsfan
07-05-2012, 05:45 PM
thats all you said.
all ive been reading by celtic fans is how now they are better than the heat.
sorry whether anyone wants to admit it or not, heat are the favs to win it. end of discussion.

celtics match up well, i agree. but how will kg play?
how will pierce play?
how would terry play in a new place?

time will tell.
It's actually been non-Celtics fans who have been saying that.

yanksrock
07-05-2012, 05:49 PM
It's actually been non-Celtics fans who have been saying that.

Exactly. I am not a Celtic fan!! In fact I don't particularly like the Celtics!! Just calling it as I see it.

Patriotsfan97
07-05-2012, 05:50 PM

thats right. sit down.

Wait wait I'm sorry but do you not realize you were given the title on a golden plate by David Stern? He gave it to you so don't pull that stuff. ITs a disgrace you didn't win it last year and Stern "assured" Miami would get it this year. And stop calling other people homers dumbass. You started liking them two years ago. You are the homer here. And Ray Allen is down to Miami and Boston. Boston is offering DOUBLE the amount Miami can. He will go to Boston. Sorry to burst your bubble dumbass

yanksrock
07-05-2012, 05:53 PM
Wait wait I'm sorry but do you not realize you were given the title on a golden plate by David Stern? He gave it to you so don't pull that stuff. ITs a disgrace you didn't win it last year and Stern "assured" Miami would get it this year. And stop calling other people homers dumbass. You started liking them two years ago. You are the homer here. And Ray Allen is down to Miami and Boston. Boston is offering DOUBLE the amount Miami can. He will go to Boston. Sorry to burst your bubble dumbass

LOL love the passion.

keetyweedy
07-05-2012, 05:57 PM
Y'all are seriously blowing this way out of proportion (mainly heat fans) all we're saying is on paper Boston has a better all around team than Miami that's it, doesn't necessarily mean they will beat them...if im not mistaken okc had a better all around team and Miami still won the ship

Patriotsfan97
07-05-2012, 06:06 PM
LOL love the passion.

Ha I mean the guy joined in 2010, which is eerily similar to the time the Big 3 formed, and he calls us homers when we state facts? I just hate bandwagon fans that talk out of their ***, that's all haha

Gormans Mic
07-05-2012, 06:07 PM
i am not going to pretend that i saw any celtic games or cared.. so just to kinda broaden my knowledge, judge ray allen's total game, based on these aspects of his game.

well I'm not going to pretend to even give 2 seconds of thought to anything regarding the celtics you have to say.

Vincent33
07-05-2012, 06:11 PM
Glad to hear they re-signed him. He did extremely well his first year with us. Hopefully, this season he picks up a bit better on defense.

BoSox47
07-05-2012, 06:14 PM
Terry can serve as a backup PG. The key is Ray Allen coming back, which is a big if.

I disagree i think terry rondo and bradley can serve as the tree with terry coming off the bench especially if keyon dooling comes back with the last guard off the bench. the key part is, who will play center. rondo and bradley can both play big minutes and baring injury ray allen isnt as big of a necessity especially after the lackluster/injury filled season he has last year.

yanksrock
07-05-2012, 06:15 PM
Ha I mean the guy joined in 2010, which is eerily similar to the time the Big 3 formed, and he calls us homers when we state facts? I just hate bandwagon fans that talk out of their ***, that's all haha

Ha. Well sometimes that what sports can do to you, not see the facts. Especially after winning the Championship. Time will probably prove him wrong.

tonyd3b54
07-05-2012, 06:32 PM

thats right. sit down.

please remind me, who is this ray allen guy again?

sneakk
07-05-2012, 06:33 PM

come on man.

this is the same guy who asked the boston forums asking what type of player is ray allen http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=734928

gtfo bandwagon:bang:

yanksrock
07-05-2012, 06:41 PM
this is the same guy who asked the boston forums asking what type of player is ray allen http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=734928

gtfo bandwagon:bang:

Man, I just saw that thread :facepalm:

Can't believe I even dignified this dude with an answer.

BradytoGronkTD
07-05-2012, 06:58 PM
Great signing for C's! I was beginning to think he would be the odd one out. Love it!

Celtic AL
07-05-2012, 07:15 PM
come on man.
this homerism is just annoying

and you're not?

who the heck has a championship hangover for a full 82 games regular season, and when playoffs start?

honestly.. explain to me.

dude, ray allen will join the heat.

Wade
Allen
Battier
LeBron
Bosh

choose your poison.
OH MY WADE!

well common sense:

heat are champions.

come on man.

Originally Posted by Im_in_Mia_bish
well common sense:

heat are champions.

thats right. sit down.

this is pretty much 100% homerism. and don't bring up "well were the nba champions" now you're just mkaing the heat fan base look bad.

justinnum1
07-05-2012, 07:32 PM
how much? he is better as a backup

Celtic AL
07-05-2012, 07:35 PM
how much? he is better as a backup

backup? pfft

Sportfan
07-05-2012, 08:55 PM
People are forgetting Boston was a 2 and a half man team as well. Rondo ad KG were great but Ray/Pierce terrible and Bass was inconsistent. The bench for the most part was non existent (had under 5 pts on multiple occasions iirc) other than Pietrus and Dooling in 1 game can't remember anyone else stepping up. Now let's sy KG regresses, and even rondo a tad from last years performance you can still count on Pierce playing better and at Least something from the bench.

I still like Miami for now but Boston matches up with them.

justinnum1
07-05-2012, 09:00 PM
People are forgetting Boston was a 2 and a half man team as well. Rondo ad KG were great but Ray/Pierce terrible and Bass was inconsistent. The bench for the most part was non existent (had under 5 pts on multiple occasions iirc) other than Pietrus and Dooling in 1 game can't remember anyone else stepping up. Now let's sy KG regresses, and even rondo a tad from last years performance you can still count on Pierce playing better and at Least something from the bench.

I still like Miami for now but Boston matches up with them.

always has

Bulls_fan90
07-05-2012, 09:37 PM

:laugh2: Who is Ray Allen???

Is Shaq big?

Im_in_Mia_bish
07-06-2012, 11:00 AM
damn people get butthurt on here real quick just cos their team is irrelevant.

Im_in_Mia_bish
07-06-2012, 05:26 PM
Do you ever post anything with facts besides saying we won the finals, we da champs, we got dat ring not you, we da favs to win another ring this season. You make the Heat base as a whole look bad. We get it you won the Finals congrats. That seaon is over done with now and it's been awhile since a team has repeated as champs back to back so I wouldn't get to cocky if I were you.
But wait the Heat won a ring this year and probabaly will win 5 more in a row huh since they are waaaaaay more supeior than any other team in the NBA and no team is even close to contending with them right.

well if you learned how to read, you would see that I was comparing both the celtics squad and heat squad until things got chippy and celtics fan started whining.
I am NOT getting cocky, i am simply having a normal discussion. I had mentioned that we are champions in ONE post and now apparently I keep posting 'we da champs, we got dat ring not you?'

logic, anyone?

i dont make anyone look bad, i am online on PSD, commenting on bass signing the deal.

i support the heat, youre damn right i think they are wayy superior than any other team. and wtf of course i hope and pray they win 5 in a row. if u dont support ur team to win every year, what kinda fan are you?

thoughts?