PDA

View Full Version : Did the Celtics do major damage to Ray Allen this year?

NYSpirit1
07-05-2012, 03:52 PM
As a Knick fan, I had to listen to analysts all year say Amare should come off the bench and used Ray Allen as the model for it 'working'.

It seems to be evident that Allen has a bruised ego after the way things went last year. Garnett, Pierce and Doc Rivers still seem to love the Celtics more than ever and the Big 3 isn't completed without Ray Allen, but it seems he doesn't want to be there anymore after entertaining Miami and (was going to) entertain LA Clippers.

Garnett quickly re-signed. I don't think Allen wants to play off the bench in Boston, that or he really doesn't like Rajon Rondo - I don't know what it could be after 5 years.

What do you think is Allen's issue with Boston after all this time? Every other person involved in that franchise wants to make another run.

jayjay33
07-05-2012, 03:59 PM
I was wondering the same thing all we heard us that the celts were moving on from him....then all of a sudden they decided ti give it 1 more run. But no it seems like Allen is pissed. C's offering him twice as much...buy it looks like he is going to Miami. I don't know what happen was there a falling out?

bearadonisdna
07-05-2012, 04:09 PM
With the celtics doing so much this offseason, i think it would be a lowclass move to bail on them for the Heat.

D-Leethal
07-05-2012, 04:16 PM
I'm not sure its the starting role as much as it is Rondo. Why complain about a starting role and have Miami be your #1 option?

bearadonisdna
07-05-2012, 04:19 PM
I'm not sure its the starting role as much as it is Rondo. Why complain about a starting role and have Miami be your #1 option?

Exactly.

Ty Fast
07-05-2012, 04:23 PM
i think him and rondo dont get a long that well and i think he might be mad he lost his starting job.

Im_in_Mia_bish
07-05-2012, 04:31 PM
Wade
ray allen
battier
lebron
bosh

choose ur poison.

my god!

avrpatsfan
07-05-2012, 04:32 PM
Ray volunteered to come off the bench as a 6th man. No controversy.

mjt20mik
07-05-2012, 04:33 PM
Heard there were problems with Ray and Rondo.

SportsFanatic10
07-05-2012, 05:20 PM
With the celtics doing so much this offseason, i think it would be a lowclass move to bail on them for the Heat.

how so? the celtics basically replaced his role on the team with jason terry. also they tried to trade him last year so they broke the circle of trust first lol.