PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Lowry traded to the Toronto Raptors for a 1st round draft pick.

Pages : [1] 2

joeystats
07-05-2012, 02:01 PM
Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine
Reply Retweet Favorite ·More
Just going up online and via SportsCenter: Sources tell ESPN that Raptors are on verge of acquiring Rockets guard Kyle Lowry via trade

https://twitter.com/#!/ESPNSteinLine

Chacarron
07-05-2012, 02:02 PM
That's be great for the Raps, I wonder who they give up for him.

D-Leethal
07-05-2012, 02:02 PM
Thank god I was fearing a big time poison pill offer to Lin.

joeystats
07-05-2012, 02:03 PM
Chris Broussard @Chris_Broussard
Reply Retweet Favorite ·More
As @ESPNSteinLine reporting, source says deal is done: Rockets trade Kyle Lowry to Raptors for protected first-round draft pick

Mr. Baller
07-05-2012, 02:03 PM
Wonder what they give up for him?

Sadds The Gr8
07-05-2012, 02:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WGHeQw49ws

Chacarron
07-05-2012, 02:04 PM
What the hell are the Rockets doing?

kjoke
07-05-2012, 02:05 PM
future first? thats all? better be un-protected

blujaysrock
Houston has reached agreement to send Kyle Lowry to the Raptors for a package that includes a future lottery pick

@WojYahooNBA

Hellcrooner
That's be great for the Raps, I wonder who they give up for him.

Calderon + ?

Its a side move for Raptors tough.

Better deffender.
Worst Shooter and Playmaker.

king4day
If I'm a raps fan, I'm happier with this as opposed to getting Nash. Raps are young now and they're set for the future.

spreadeagle
I cant take this.....lol my emotions are so up and down last few days! lmao

Avenged
07-05-2012, 02:06 PM
Woooooow. Despite not getting Nash, they still got a very good PG in Lowry.. Not only that but it's a better deal for them since he's younger. Very good plan B for the Raptors, heck, this is more like a plan A.

tredigs
07-05-2012, 02:06 PM
Jesus, Lowry for a protected pick? I thought Morey was smart? You can do better than that.

Excellent pickup for Toronto. They're still a bottom feeder though, I really do wish they could figure out a way to be relevant.

@Crooner, put your Spanish bias aside. This is a monster upgrade for Toronto. Not only is Lowry the far better overall player, but he's a workhorse. He will make others better.

blujaysrock
07-05-2012, 02:07 PM
@Chris_Broussard: reporting, source says deal is done: Rockets trade Kyle Lowry to Raptors for protected first-round draft pick

Chacarron
07-05-2012, 02:07 PM
Lowry + Valanciunas :drool:

kjoke
07-05-2012, 02:08 PM
How didn't another team jump on this? A protected pick?

Avenged
Can someone explain to me what the Rockets are doing????? Great deal for the Raps :clap:

Metsboi69
GREAT trade for the Raps. WTF are the Rockets doing, this is getting really really bad for them.

Avenged
07-05-2012, 02:09 PM
When the Lakers were trying to acquire Lowry, they said no.. even though they were getting Pau in return.. and now they just traded him for a pick? lmao! The Raptors pulled off a 'Lakers'.

Hawkeye15
07-05-2012, 02:10 PM
I can't figure out if Morey is going into tank mode or not. This trade makes them worse, for sure. But he is also throwing out $50 million in free agent offers to Asik and Lin.

Confused right now. Needless to say, I don't think the Rockets are a better team next year.

Hellcrooner
Can someone explain to me what the Rockets are doing????? Great deal for the Raps :clap:

Assuming they didnt get jose in the deal i guess they are preparing to do an unmatchable offer for LYn.

spreadeagle
Raptors get roasted all day for losing Nash...now we getting all the love ;) life of a sports fan lol

unleashthebeast
07-05-2012, 02:11 PM
Rockets lose Dragic and Lowry? I mean them getting Lin is still possible but no-where near a done deal. What are they doing?

tredigs
Plus Crooner, speaking of Calderon being the better shooter - Lowry actually had the better TS% on higher volume the last 2 seasons. That's the end of the argument on shooting efficiency and who's the better scorer.

Avenged
Assuming they didnt get jose in the deal i guess they are preparing to do an unmatchable offer for LYn.

That makes no sense. Lowry is better than Lin.

unleashthebeast
07-05-2012, 02:12 PM
Great deal though raptors, i like what you guys have going for you up in Canada

Hellcrooner
07-05-2012, 02:13 PM
Jesus, Lowry for a protected pick? I thought Morey was smart? You can do better than that.

Excellent pickup for Toronto. They're still a bottom feeder though, I really do wish they could figure out a way to be relevant.

@Crooner, put your Spanish bias aside. This is a monster upgrade for Toronto. Not only is Lowry the far better overall player, but he's a workhorse. He will make others better.

go check last year, or any other year who is higher on assits per game and on turnover pern assist.

Then come back and called me biased again.

Doesnt matter it seems they are not trading jose in the deal.

I will die laughin if Lowry becomes just the last of the streak of jose benchers ( m james, Alston, Tj Ford,barbosa, Bayless blah blah blah) that ends with their butt in the bench behind him.

spreadeagle
Great deal though raptors, i like what you guys have going for you up in Canada

Everyone forgets about Valanciunas too, we follow him in Europe pretty close hes going to be a BEAST of a C...plus Lowry Derozan Ross Bargnani, cap space too... me likey. I wanted Colangelo fired earlier too...haha ill facepalm myself on that one!

torocan
Rockets lose Dragic and Lowry? I mean them getting Lin is still possible but no-where near a done deal. What are they doing?

Morey is no slouch at assessing PG talent. Make me wonder what he knows that we don't...

TO Rapz
I was dreaming of this. I love this move so much its unreal.

Avenged
07-05-2012, 02:14 PM
I hope the Raptors are at least a bit good enough to spoil the Rockets "lottery pick" plans.

tredigs
That makes no sense. Lowry is better than Lin.

He is, not not by a huge margin, and Lin is a cash cow; ultimately the NBA is a business to most owners. Unfortunately.

TO Rapz
Lowry
Derozan/Ross/Fields
Johnson
Bargnani
Valanciunas

Now..the only hole is the 3 spot, and we have an excess of 2's..makes me wonder.

Hellcrooner
Everyone forgets about Valanciunas too, we follow him in Europe pretty close hes going to be a BEAST of a C...plus Lowry Derozan Ross Bargnani, cap space too... me likey

DOnt get too excited bout Jonas, no one knows how his game is gonna translate.

Hawkeye15
07-05-2012, 02:15 PM
go check last year, or any other year who is higher on assits per game and on turnover pern assist.

I will die laughin if Lowry becomes just the last of the streak of jose benchers ( m james, Alston, Tj Ford,barbosa, Bayless blah blah blah) that ends with their butt in the bench behind him.

Lowry is a top level defender, a tougher player, a better player, period. Calderon is one dimensional.

nicegoing
07-05-2012, 02:15 PM
If the pick is protected wow. I think Lowry is a bit of a head case though. He got suspended for throwing a ball at a woman ref, then had problems with Houston. Meh we'll see.

astrosmaniac
07-05-2012, 02:17 PM
Woj said its a future lottery pick. Maybe the protection is working in reverse and it HAS to be a top 14 pick?

AI4MVP
Waait, who is going to play point for houston?

LTBaByyy
Rockets have 0 PGs and 11 Front Court Players (SF, PF, C)

zB_#85
I can't figure out if Morey is going into tank mode or not. This trade makes them worse, for sure. But he is also throwing out $50 million in free agent offers to Asik and Lin.

Confused right now. Needless to say, I don't think the Rockets are a better team next year.

their behavior this offseason is a little confusing no doubt. I think they originally were loading up picks and assets in hopes of luring Dwight. They've likely now realized that isn't happening so they are probably thinking that they are going to go into tank mode. They are tired of being stuck in the "middle of the pack" and realized you have to get really bad before you can get better. I believe the one thing that could sway their decision to tank is if they land Lin. I am not saying that he is a great signing, I just think he sells a ton of jerseys and tickets in a highly Asian populated city. If they sign Lin and Asik they will continue on as a middle of the pack team and maybe a low playoff seed BUT at least they will be generating more money this year (Lin), if they don't land Lin they tank and hope to build for the future.

That's my guess on what they are thinking (not that I agree with it).

Bravo95
Damn it Morey, Atlanta needs you to make the playoffs to get the 1st rd pick from Brooklyn.

Oh well, you can try again in 2014.

sep11ie
Morey has gone from "boy genius" to a laughing stock.

tredigs
07-05-2012, 02:18 PM

All those point guards are sub par and were/are backups on virtually every team. Lowry may have played backup before, but you can be assured that won't be the case with Calderon.

And I never disputed Calderon's playmaking ability. That's what he does well. I simply disputed/proved that Lowry is the better shooter/scorer. He's also the better rebounder, a monumentally better defender and has the higher PER/WinShares.

In short, he's clearly better - and 95% of the fans/gm's would agree with that. Including Toronto. As you will soon see my friend.

Again, I have no idea what Morey is thinking. You have to imagine there's a greater scheme at play here.

LTBaByyy
07-05-2012, 02:19 PM
They could atleast got Bayless or Calderon

Knicks are going to match Lin offer

PleaseBeNice
rockets are a mess

TheWhiteMamba
Christopher Reina

So the Rockets receive the Raptors 2032 first round (lottery) pick if they go on a Utah Jazz-like 20 season playoff run?

GrumpyOldMan
what a rollercoaster week for us Raptor fans. We're getting Nash....not getting Nash....and now Lowry for nobody off the roster.

iam brett favre
07-05-2012, 02:20 PM
Lowry
Derozan/Ross/Fields
Johnson
Bargnani
Valanciunas

Now..the only hole is the 3 spot, and we have an excess of 2's..makes me wonder.

You have 1 good 2, far from an "excess."

rocket
A protected pick? Are the Rockets mentally challenged?

Hellcrooner
All those point guards are sub par and were/are backups on virtually every team. Lowry may have played backup before, but you can be assured that won't be the case with Calderon.

And I never disputed Calderon's playmaking ability. That's what he does well. I simply disputed/proved that Lowry is the better shooter/scorer. He's also the better rebounder, a monumentally better defender and has the higher PER/WinShares.

In short, he's clearly better - and 95% of the fans/gm's would agree with that. Including Toronto. As you will soon see my friend.

Again, I have no idea what Morey is thinking. You have to imagine there's a greater scheme at play here.

Im hoping jose ends up in a team that is a good situation for him.

Unless Valanciunas clicks right away raptors are not making playoffs with lowry anyway.

Hawkeye15
their behavior this offseason is a little confusing no doubt. I think they originally were loading up picks and assets in hopes of luring Dwight. They've likely now realized that isn't happening so they are probably thinking that they are going to go into tank mode. They are tired of being stuck in the "middle of the pack" and realized you have to get really bad before you can get better. I believe the one thing that could sway their decision to tank is if they land Lin. I am not saying that he is a great signing, I just think he sells a ton of jerseys and tickets in a highly Asian populated city. If they sign Lin and Asik they will continue on as a middle of the pack team and maybe a low playoff seed BUT at least they will be generating more money this year (Lin), if they don't land Lin they tank and hope to build for the future.

That's my guess on what they are thinking (not that I agree with it).

that is what I don't get. If you are going to tank, freakin tank, and don't lock up 2 longterm contracts for non-elite players.

Sorry, Lin is nice and all, but outside marketing, if your best player is Jeremy Lin, you probably don't make the playoffs. Which is why the Rockets make no sense to me right now. Are they trying to show their fans they are doing something, and banking on the Knicks matching?

Morey's reputation is taking a serious hit this summer. But in reality, you need to get worse before you can get better in their position.

zB_#85
07-05-2012, 02:21 PM
Lowry
Derozan/Ross/Fields
Johnson
Bargnani
Valanciunas

don't watch a ton of Raps ball so not sure about this but, could DeRozan be effectively moved to the 3?

Sactown
07-05-2012, 02:23 PM
that is what I don't get. If you are going to tank, freakin tank, and don't lock up 2 longterm contracts for non-elite players.

Sorry, Lin is nice and all, but outside marketing, if your best player is Jeremy Lin, you probably don't make the playoffs. Which is why the Rockets make no sense to me right now. Are they trying to show their fans they are doing something, and banking on the Knicks matching?

Morey's reputation is taking a serious hit this summer. But in reality, you need to get worse before you can get better in their position.

Maybe he wants to make money from lin while sucking?

tredigs
07-05-2012, 02:24 PM
Ah I see, the Rockets are still plotting on the Lin offer sheet. They moved Lowry to prove they were serious about him being their future pg and to open up more cap space. Fair play, but if they swing and miss they're ****ed.

Also, I disagree with Lin --> Lowry. But again, he's a cash cow and has untapped upside. I think we've seen about all that we will with Lowry.

Hellcrooner
don't watch a ton of Raps ball so not sure about this but, could DeRozan be effectively moved to the 3?

No.

TheNumber37
Fields and Lowry! Wow, this team is winning it all next year.
So, it looks like Lin will resign with the Knicks, once they match the offer sheet assuming he signs it.

Raps Insider 12
07-05-2012, 02:25 PM
Woooooow. Despite not getting Nash, they still got a very good PG in Lowry.. Not only that but it's a better deal for them since he's younger. Very good plan B for the Raptors, heck, this is more like a plan A.

I agree 1 million percent, this should have been plan A all along but box office was so attractive to pass up.

Now forming a core, rebuilding the right way are better ways to winning and box office.

Better late than never.

Hopefully we can trade for a legit SF in Gay/ Iggy or Deng.

GrumpyOldMan
07-05-2012, 02:26 PM

there are a few of us Raptor fans who would like to see him used in a package to get a 3.

TheWhiteMamba

Rockets will get Gary Forbes in the trade, a source said, but Rockets will deal Lowry for pick. Exact details of protection still discussed

jmoney85
Damn it Morey, Atlanta needs you to make the playoffs to get the 1st rd pick from Brooklyn.

Oh well, you can try again in 2014.

just when I thought the nets had the pick last season houston had to choke

spreadeagle

hes too skinny..but a shooting guard who cant shoot is kinda useless, he needs to gain 25 pounds of muscle and move to the 3

xxplayerxx23
I dont understand it. No dragic, No lowry, they wont get lin because NY will Match who plays PG?

Rego247
07-05-2012, 02:27 PM

Not really. He's a pretty putrid defender at the 2 as it is.

tredigs
07-05-2012, 02:27 PM

Unless Valanciunas clicks right away raptors are not making playoffs with lowry anyway.

Yeah, agree on both counts. And Jose can help a lot of teams. Sadly he'd be great in Miami, and I'd even love him in Golden State to work with Steph Curry and take over the starting role if he goes down again.

torocan
07-05-2012, 02:28 PM
I dont understand it. No dragic, No lowry, they wont get lin because NY will Match who plays PG?

They might be betting that if they go high enough, Dolan/Grunwald will choke.

Worst comes to worst they tank for picks during a rebuild.

Curiouser and curiouser...

TO Rapz
You have 1 good 2, far from an "excess."
Neither of the 3 is a bonifide sure thing, Derozan isn't that great either, but they're all young. We're not gona roll with all 3 I'd imagine..Ross maybe the starter. One of them will have to go most likely..+ Bayless or Calderon + Davis or Amir..and that package nets us a 3.

Not really. He's a pretty putrid defender at the 2 as it is.

This.

zB_#85

I agree with you, I'm not justifying what they're doing I just think that is probably what's going through their mind. They realize they are probably going to have to tank hard to get better in the long run but they are wrestling with the prospect of the financial hit they will take for a couple years by doing so.

I think they are justifying to themselves that Lin/Martin/Parsons/Scola/Asik with a bunch of decent bench pieces (Morris/Lamb/Jones/Patterson/White) could be a playoff team. While they might be wrong on this, their judgement is probably clouded because they see all the dollar signs it would bring them. It's been reported that Lin to Houston would be HUGE financially for them. Apparenly Chinese population is pretty big there.

TheWhiteMamba
07-05-2012, 02:29 PM

Rockets depth chart: PG: Livingston/Boykins SG: Martin/Lamb. SF: Parsons/White/Morris/Forbes. PF: Scola/Patterson/TJones/Leuer. C: ??

Hellcrooner
07-05-2012, 02:30 PM
Yeah, agree on both counts. And Jose can help a lot of teams. Sadly he'd be great in Miami, and I'd even love him in Golden State to work with Steph Curry and take over the starting role if he goes down again.

Heat would be perfect but its highly unlikely would need to

1 get amnestied ( not really likely)

2 clear waivers unclaimed ( virtually imposible)

zB_#85
07-05-2012, 02:31 PM
hes too skinny..but a shooting guard who cant shoot is kinda useless, he needs to gain 25 pounds of muscle and move to the 3

yea, like I said I don't know a ton about him but what I do know of his offensive game is that it seems to be suited for the 3. Well hopefully for you guys he hits the weight room and gets to a point where he has the flexibility to play either position. As far as defense goes, there's a lot of bad defenders in the league lol, If he has Bargs and Val's length behind him to protect the basket that might help

Bob_at_york
07-05-2012, 02:33 PM
I like this deal. We discussed trading our pick this year for it. I guess BC always had this back-up plan in place.

KniCks4LiFe
07-05-2012, 02:35 PM
If I'm a raps fan, I'm happier with this as opposed to getting Nash. Raps are young now and they're set for the future.

agreed but Lowry is a Duhon type. I think he's 15/7 as a ceiling, still good though.

Sadds The Gr8
07-05-2012, 02:37 PM
agreed but Lowry is a Duhon type. I think he's 15/7 as a ceiling, still good though.

lolwut????????????????????

koreancabbage
07-05-2012, 02:37 PM
I like this deal. We discussed trading our pick this year for it. I guess BC always had this back-up plan in place.

thats the reason why he didn't make that trade on draft night. he wanted to make sure Nash considered before making the move. makes ton of sense... now lol

good backup by BC. phew. Fields is replacing Forbes, so no biggie

now to laugh at the team on who gets Lin ROFL i'm glad it we don't have to overpay for Lin however

Hawkeye15
07-05-2012, 02:38 PM
Maybe he wants to make money from lin while sucking?

maybe so. We have a large asian population here who spent a lot of money during the Yao era.

SouthSideRookie
07-05-2012, 02:38 PM

I don't even know anymore, i'm just as baffled as everyone. Great get for the Raptors sigh

Gritz
07-05-2012, 02:39 PM
I cant take this.....lol my emotions are so up and down last few days! lmao

Your sig is a joke right?

killersweet

If he was a Spaniard, you would have been all over him like a pitbull on a poodle!

elledaddy

Its not a complete given that they can't resign Dragic. He basically took less money in phx bcuz they guaranted a starting spot. Well now Hou has a completely open starting spot for Dragic

Hawkeye15
I agree with you, I'm not justifying what they're doing I just think that is probably what's going through their mind. They realize they are probably going to have to tank hard to get better in the long run but they are wrestling with the prospect of the financial hit they will take for a couple years by doing so.

I think they are justifying to themselves that Lin/Martin/Parsons/Scola/Asik with a bunch of decent bench pieces (Morris/Lamb/Jones/Patterson/White) could be a playoff team. While they might be wrong on this, their judgement is probably clouded because they see all the dollar signs it would bring them. It's been reported that Lin to Houston would be HUGE financially for them. Apparenly Chinese population is pretty big there.

nobody cares about the Rockets in Houston, I live here, I know.

And yeah, chasing Lin while peeling off other real players doesn't make them any better, it must be a marketing deal.

shep33
Great move for the Raps! :clap:

Lowry
Derozan
Ross?
Bargs
Valen----whatever his name is.

Nice youngsters on that team. Knicks should've been all over this

Jint.
07-05-2012, 02:40 PM
Lowry
Derozan/Ross/Fields
Johnson
Bargnani
Valanciunas

Fields at the 3

roshan3ai
07-05-2012, 02:42 PM
What the **** are the Rockets doing?? A PROTECTED first for arguably a top 10 PG? You gotta be kidding me. Great deal for the Raps

$GangGr33n$
07-05-2012, 02:43 PM
talk about a steal....

Hellcrooner
07-05-2012, 02:43 PM
If he was a Spaniard, you would have been all over him like a pitbull on a poodle!

Nope.

Im not expecting anything good from SPANIARD Rookie Claver in blazers.

bucketss
07-05-2012, 02:44 PM
did someone just compare lowry to chris duhon 0_o

koreancabbage
07-05-2012, 02:44 PM
well we still have Calderon right now.

screw Bayless now.

Lowry/Calderon
Derozan/Ross
JJ/Fields
Bargs/Ed Davis
JVal/Amir

good enough for a playoff spot. that defence is gonna be much better as if it wasn't improved already last season

Bob_at_york
07-05-2012, 02:45 PM
What the **** are the Rockets doing?? A PROTECTED first for arguably a top 10 PG? You gotta be kidding me. Great deal for the Raps

wow... I think people are really over-valuing Lowry

Blitzbolt
07-05-2012, 02:45 PM
Great move by the Raptors sure they miss on Nash but Lowry is great plan B.

LOL the Rockets wtf are they doing?.

KniCks4LiFe
07-05-2012, 02:47 PM
lolwut????????????????????

Yeh, that's what I believe. He's good but I don't see him as high as many. 15/7 is actually good for an average stat line.

koreancabbage
07-05-2012, 02:48 PM

yup. but who cares, they think we got the best deal ever. just bask in the glory in which is of being a Raptors fan =)

Puck017
The pick is protected in the Rockets favor.

The Rockets are on the verge of trading PG Kyle Lowry to the Raptors for a deal that will include a future lottery pick, according ESPN's Marc Stein.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1269/kyle-lowry

greg_ory_2005
:dance:

Eagles4Lyfe
yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss omg yessssssssssssssssssssss my dream the last 3 months has come true omg yesssssssssssssssssssss i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee you BC i freaken do mwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you have made my offseason

TO Rapz
07-05-2012, 02:49 PM

:laugh:

TO Rapz
07-05-2012, 02:49 PM
And no he's not overrated.

KniCks4LiFe
07-05-2012, 02:50 PM

what do you honestly think he is?:confused:

Rego247
07-05-2012, 02:50 PM
yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss omg yessssssssssssssssssssss my dream the last 3 months has come true omg yesssssssssssssssssssss i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee you BC i freaken do mwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you have made my offseason

Yesterday you wanted him gone. :D

Sports is a ****in trip

Bob_at_york
07-05-2012, 02:53 PM

somebody just said he was a top 10 pg.

ink
07-05-2012, 02:53 PM

He's good but let's not get carried away. btw he could easily stay at around 15/7 with the Raptors, don't know why you thought that was ridiculous. The Rockets seem to be happy enough to part with him.

Oldmantrash
07-05-2012, 02:54 PM

Do get excited, even if he ends up sucking, you have to have hopes.

I hate these people that love to bring other people down.

Houston must be ready for a big offer to Lin.

Unless they are blowing it up to rebuild from scratch.

Shawn2timer

You're giving us a bad rep in the main forum. What an idiotic comment! Have you ever seen Lowry play? More importantly was your head stuck in the sand when duhon was playing for us? Kyle is a beast attacking the rim, Duhon shyed away from open layups. They are almost nothing alike.

fadedmario
Great pickup -

Lowry/Calderon
Ross/Fields
DeRozan
Bargnani/Davis/Johnson
Valanciunas

Looks good to me.

bucketss
07-05-2012, 02:55 PM
what do you honestly think he is?:confused:

duhon is a scrub

Avenged
somebody just said he was a top 10 pg.

Lowry is a top 10 PG.

kenzo400
He's good but let's not get carried away. btw he could easily stay at around 15/7 with the Raptors, don't know why you thought that was ridiculous. The Rockets seem to be happy enough to part with him.

Because obviously they need to trade him, given all the problems he has had with the team. He's basically asking for it. BC caught the Rockets GM at a perfect time when he's trying his best to get Lin.

naps
Raptors say "Well we can get stars for nothing as well. It's not only LA anymore!"

Shawn2timer
07-05-2012, 02:56 PM
Rocket fans are definitely bipolar right now. They are having quite an unusual offseason

kenzo400
Lowry is a top 10 PG.

At the very least top 15-20. Either way, he's better than half the starting point guards in the league. That's good enough for me :D

njnets
does this mean calderon is gonna get amnestied?

Switch
07-05-2012, 02:57 PM
Raptors got a steal. Not sure what the Rockets are doing

Blitzbolt
07-05-2012, 02:57 PM
So are the Raptors keeping Bayless or Calderon.

soundjunkies2
07-05-2012, 02:59 PM
Houston went from having 2 very good point guards to not have any.

daboywonder2002
07-05-2012, 02:59 PM
houston cant be that stupid. maybe they know for sure new york is gonna match lin's contract. and you mean to tell me toronto gave up nothing?? the pick is protected?? that cant be right

heyman321
07-05-2012, 03:00 PM
Wow Fields and Lowry in the same week????? Can you say championship?

nicegoing
07-05-2012, 03:00 PM
People keep forgetting that Lowry was very unhappy in Houston, this move had to be done. He 100% was getting moved this offseason.

KniCks4LiFe
07-05-2012, 03:01 PM
You're giving us a bad rep in the main forum. What an idiotic comment! Have you ever seen Lowry play? More importantly was your head stuck in the sand when duhon was playing for us? Kyle is a beast attacking the rim, Duhon shyed away from open layups. They are almost nothing alike.

I'm giving you a bad name in the main forum saying Lowry is a 15/7 guy? but you guys aren't by calling the Knicks a championship contender?:confused:

Bob_at_york
07-05-2012, 03:02 PM
Lowry is a top 10 PG.
No particular order:

Rondo
Nash
Paul
Rose
Parker
Westbrook
D. Williams
Irving
Wall
Rubio
Jennings

Off the top of my head.

greg_ory_2005
07-05-2012, 03:03 PM
Comparing someone to Duhon. That's worse than calling him the n word.

Sadds The Gr8
No particular order:

Rondo
Nash
Paul
Rose
Parker
Westbrook
D. Williams
Irving
Wall
Rubio
Jennings

Off the top of my head.

strongly disagree with the bolded.

I Rock Shaqs
At the very least top 15-20. Either way, he's better than half the starting point guards in the league. That's good enough for me :D

That doesn't make any sense, if he was only a top 15-20 PG wouldn't that mean he's not better than half of the starting Pg's in the league since there are only 30?

TO Rapz
No particular order:

Rondo
Nash
Paul
Rose
Parker
Westbrook
D. Williams
Irving
Wall
Rubio
Jennings

Off the top of my head.

Rondo, Nash, Cp3, Rose, Parker, Wesbtrook, DWill, and Irving probably all are better. Wall, Rubio, Jennings are not. He's a top 10 PG.

daboywonder2002
07-05-2012, 03:04 PM
People keep forgetting that Lowry was very unhappy in Houston, this move had to be done. He 100% was getting moved this offseason.

true, but why not do it for a 2012 draft pick. why do it after the draft?? houston could have had 4 picks in the first round.

kenzo400
07-05-2012, 03:04 PM
No particular order:

Rondo
Nash
Paul
Rose
Parker
Westbrook
D. Williams
Irving
Wall
Rubio
Jennings

Off the top of my head.

I would not put Wall ( at least right now) above him. Jennings is not a better pg, just a chucker. Rubio could be a better point guard but he has only played half a season and his shooting is atrocious.

numba1CHANGsta
07-05-2012, 03:05 PM
Um wtf? The Rockets were asking for Pau for Lowry and they give him up for a freakin pick? :facepalm:

Sadds The Gr8
07-05-2012, 03:06 PM
Rondo, Nash, Cp3, Rose, Parker, Wesbtrook, DWill, and Irving probably all are better. Wall, Rubio, Jennings are not. He's a top 10 PG.

Lawson is up there too but hes close to lowry

kenzo400
That doesn't make any sense, if he was only a top 15-20 PG wouldn't that mean he's not better than half of the starting Pg's in the league since there are only 30?

I said at the very least. I'm not trying to make an absolute statement. But either way, saying better/worse is often difficult. Either way we are getting a starting point guard for a protected first round pick. That's pretty good for me.

A starting point guard who is better than half of the other starting pg's in the league is pretty good.

BHF

lol this guy :facepalm:

KniCks4LiFe
07-05-2012, 03:07 PM

I'm thinking Duhon at 26. Ok maybe that was too low, but 15/7 I can see.

rapjuicer06
No particular order:

Rondo
Nash
Paul
Rose
Parker
Westbrook
D. Williams
Irving
Wall
Rubio
Jennings

Off the top of my head.

So apparently Defense gets you nothing in this league. Lowry is the best defending PG in the NBA, he makes plays and scores as well. He is a top 10 PG. Why is defense so damn underrated? ridiculous. Jennings, Wall, Rubio are not better than Lowry

nicegoing
true, but why not do it for a 2012 draft pick. why do it after the draft?? houston could have had 4 picks in the first round.
Maybe the Raptors were the ones who pulled out of that deal? I think they wanted to see if they had a chance to get Nash which is why they didn't trade the pick. That's my guess but who knows.

kenzo400
07-05-2012, 03:08 PM
So apparently Defense gets you nothing in this league. Lowry is the best defending PG in the NBA, he makes plays and scores as well. He is a top 10 PG. Why is defense so damn underrated? ridiculous. Jennings, Wall, Rubio are not better than Lowry

Because it is hard to see defense on basic statistics lol Sad, but true.

koreancabbage
07-05-2012, 03:09 PM
No particular order:

Rondo
Nash
Paul
Rose
Parker
Westbrook
D. Williams
Irving
Wall
Rubio
Jennings

Off the top of my head.

yup

koreancabbage
07-05-2012, 03:10 PM

meh they aren't dramatically worse are they?

gwrighter
07-05-2012, 03:11 PM

heyman321
People make Kyle Lowry sound like Gary Payton. Jesus, there was even a thread a few weeks ago where most people said we needed to give up Calderon, Davis, the 8th and another pick AT LEAST for Lowry. HAHA! Good pickup, but Lowry isn't the savior.

Sadds The Gr8
meh they aren't dramatically worse are they?

yes.

nicegoing
07-05-2012, 03:13 PM
Lowry is a good player for the Raptors to have because I think he will fit into what Coach Casey has in mind for the identity of this team. We need to upgrade the starting SF spot though. If we can do that then we should make the playoffs. Maybe package DeRozan for a SF. Fields will get minutes backing up Ross and our starting SF. Also if Bargnani is healthy all season scoring shouldn't be too much of a concern, and our team defence will get stronger with Lowry and Valanciunas. We are in good shape, should fight for the 7th or 8th seed.

BHF
07-05-2012, 03:13 PM
well we still have Calderon right now.

screw Bayless now.

Lowry/Calderon
Derozan/Ross
JJ/Fields
Bargs/Ed Davis
JVal/Amir

good enough for a playoff spot. that defence is gonna be much better as if it wasn't improved already last season

ummm no Bayless > Calderon

superwill
07-05-2012, 03:14 PM
I think the rockets are going to tank it was talked about this morning on the raido I guess Narles Noel will be a rocket next year. I don't think I spelled his name right.

Trace
07-05-2012, 03:17 PM
ummm no Bayless > Calderon

He can play basketball but make no mistake he's not a PG.

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-05-2012, 03:18 PM
People make Kyle Lowry sound like Gary Payton. Jesus, there was even a thread a few weeks ago where most people said we needed to give up Calderon, Davis, the 8th and another pick AT LEAST for Lowry. HAHA! Good pickup, but Lowry isn't the savior.

Your Sig is hilarious.

JWO35
07-05-2012, 03:18 PM
#Championship

mjt20mik
07-05-2012, 03:20 PM
solid move bc

masTOR_shake1
07-05-2012, 03:20 PM
cool beans

Bob_at_york
07-05-2012, 03:21 PM

I will admit, I haven't seen Lowry play a lot. I did try to take defence into account, that is why I didn't mention guys like Calderon or Lawson.

I am having trouble believing that he is the best defending PG in the league. I know he is good but you honestly believe he is the BEST?

IversonIsKrazy
07-05-2012, 03:22 PM
I want to see the details of the Protected Pick. Though great pick up for the Raps! I guess it would make sense to amnesty Jose, I mean why pay him $10m+/yr to play 20 mins when we could just use Bayless as our back-up.
PG's left:
Lin
Kidd
Possibly Calderon.
I wonder if Knicks are going to try to go after Kidd one last time if Houston wants to overpay Lin. Weird offseason, especially for Houston. From overpaying Asik $8.3m, rumors of Dwight + Deron, then rumors of over paying other studs (Gordon, Batum), to trading away Lowry for nothing lol.

waveycrockett
07-05-2012, 03:23 PM
This takes HOU out of D12 sweepstakes

IversonIsKrazy
07-05-2012, 03:24 PM
Btw, I think either Ross or Fields should be starting SF.

PG: Lowry/Bayless
SG: DDR/Fields/Ross
SF: Fields/Ross/Johnson
PF: Bargs/Ed
C: JVal/Amir

daboywonder2002
07-05-2012, 03:25 PM

how so??

waveycrockett
07-05-2012, 03:25 PM
This is better move for TOR than Nash

nicegoing
07-05-2012, 03:27 PM
Maybe HOU will take on a package of Dwight and Nelson =P

13Lawrie13
07-05-2012, 03:28 PM
No particular order:

Rondo
Nash
Paul
Rose
Parker
Westbrook
D. Williams
Irving
Wall
Rubio
Jennings

Off the top of my head.

That's certainly debatable.

Now that I think about it, Lowry is certainly a better point-guard than Jennings, and it's debatable whether he's better than Wall and Rubio right now (although I believe both Wall and Rubio will be better in the future).

Jays Claw
07-05-2012, 03:30 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski: Toronto will send Gary Forbes to Houston with the protected first-round pick, league source tells Y!

So it looks like the official deal is Forbes + pick for Lowry. Great deal BC!

No particular order:

Rondo
Nash
Paul
Rose
Parker
Westbrook
D. Williams
Irving
Wall
Rubio
Jennings

Off the top of my head.

I would replace the bolded with Lowry, Lawson, and someone not named Brandon Jennings. I still remember the hype he got in his rookie/sophmore year(s). Jennings will never be an Iverson-type folks.

DeRozan10
07-05-2012, 03:30 PM

i don't know about that.

I heard the magic are extremely high on Gary Forbes

aLau10
07-05-2012, 03:31 PM
YES finally a legit point guard for the Raps!!!!!

Chronz
07-05-2012, 03:31 PM
Calderon + ?

Its a side move for Raptors tough.

Better deffender.
Worst Shooter and Playmaker.

How can it be a lateral move when one guy is good on BOTH ends, and the other guy cant play defense at all?

Chronz
07-05-2012, 03:32 PM
No particular order:

Rondo
Nash
Paul
Rose
Parker
Westbrook
D. Williams
Irving
Wall
Rubio
Jennings

Off the top of my head.

Wall? Rubio? LULZ

Chronz
07-05-2012, 03:36 PM
When the Lakers were trying to acquire Lowry, they said no.. even though they were getting Pau in return.. and now they just traded him for a pick? lmao! The Raptors pulled off a 'Lakers'.
No sense in acquiring Pau with this cast. Future first rounder is more in line with a team thats building for the future.

smith&wesson
07-05-2012, 03:36 PM
I was dreaming of this. I love this move so much its unreal.

our prayers have been answered :pray:

we can keep him as a back up. i could also see him going to the lakers to be a back up to nash and join gasol. if gasol doesnt get traded

we may not make the playoffs this year, but we just got a good young pg to go along with our youth movement. the raptors can be really good in a couple of years. its not about short term goals for our young team.

no, but we have depth at the 3. we can use fields there, and we have jj who can be a really good defender, also we have kleiza there as well. not alot of talent but we do have depth and players who bring different things to the position. we should be ok there.

Fields and Lowry! Wow, this team is winning it all next year.
So, it looks like Lin will resign with the Knicks, once they match the offer sheet assuming he signs it.

well we needed a pg. when you add lowry to the core of derozan, bargs, jonas, tross, its a great move for us. fields just adds depth. both signings are a good fit on our young team. you make the signing sound insignificant when really its a huge pick up for us.

love this deal. this should have been our target right from the get go. im glad B.C was able to get it done. its a great fit.

Great move for the Raps! :clap:

Lowry
Derozan
Ross?
Bargs
Valen----whatever his name is.

Nice youngsters on that team. Knicks should've been all over this

thank you, raps fans have a reason to be excited for once. we got a good piece and at a position we def needed an upgrade on. we rarely ever land good free agents.

did someone just compare lowry to chris duhon 0_o

unreal.

its a good fit. we have a defensive minded point gaurd to go along with our defensive minded coach.. we could have lowry, fields, and jj on the floor at the same time at times and that would be a defensive line up for us. its great in soo many ways.

he is young, plays both sides of the court, he can rebound, and pass, he is athletic..were not saying the guys an allstar but he is a good pg and one that can grow with our core. its a great pick up imo.

The pick is protected in the Rockets favor.

The Rockets are on the verge of trading PG Kyle Lowry to the Raptors for a deal that will include a future lottery pick, according ESPN's Marc Stein.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1269/kyle-lowry

makes sence

:dance: we got our guy my man. nash going to LA was a blessing because we got our guy now eags.. yeee ye :clap:

KniCks4LiFe
07-05-2012, 03:37 PM
Wall? Rubio? LULZ

we forgot Devin Harris? Stephon Curry? Mike Conley?

greg_ory_2005
07-05-2012, 03:38 PM
I could understand Wall and Rubio if you consider age/potential/upside. But Jennings...I can't agree with that one.

nicegoing
07-05-2012, 03:40 PM
1. :facepalm:
2. Perennially injured
3. Nope

mjt20mik
07-05-2012, 03:41 PM
How can it be a lateral move when one guy is good on BOTH ends, and the other guy cant play defense at all?

Look who posted that. Spanish players are GOD to Crooner.

KniCks4LiFe
1. :facepalm:
2. Perennially injured
3. Nope

that wasn't the topic.

Chronz
I could understand Wall and Rubio if you consider age/potential/upside. But Jennings...I can't agree with that one.

Why would we consider upside when the discussion is about CURRENT ABILITY

miller74
07-05-2012, 03:42 PM
so what does this mean for corky romero?

waveycrockett
07-05-2012, 03:43 PM
how so??

ORL reporters saying Magic were high on Lowry and TOR 1st round pick in a weak draft not enticing. Not to mention with Lowry and Dragic gone HOU is looking to be in complete rebuild mode.

Bob_at_york
07-05-2012, 03:43 PM

I honestly thought of Curry but he needs to get healthy and get back to form.

Bob_at_york
07-05-2012, 03:44 PM
so what does this mean for corky romero?

who? :confused:

greg_ory_2005
07-05-2012, 03:44 PM
Why would we consider upside when the discussion is about CURRENT ABILITY

:shrug:

waveycrockett
07-05-2012, 03:45 PM
i don't know about that.

I heard the magic are extremely high on Gary Forbes

On Gary Forbes? Nobody is high on Gary Forbes

mjt20mik
07-05-2012, 03:45 PM
On Gary Forbes? Nobody is high on Gary Forbes

lol :D

heyman321
07-05-2012, 03:48 PM
I'll miss you Gary Forbes, and your missed free throws that let the Grizzlies tie the game up in overtime, which if I remember correctly, lost us the game.

greg_ory_2005
07-05-2012, 03:49 PM
:laugh2:

raptor fan
07-05-2012, 03:53 PM
What makes this deal even better for the raptors is that if we make the playoffs for the next 5 years, Houston gets nothing out of the deal (NO FIRST ROUND PICK). This is basically more of an incentive for the raptors to go all in this off-season (get a legit SF).

kenzo400
07-05-2012, 03:56 PM
What makes this deal even better for the raptors is that if we make the playoffs for the next 5 years, Houston gets nothing out of the deal (NO FIRST ROUND PICK). This is basically more of an incentive for the raptors to go all in this off-season (get a legit SF).

Not so fast my friend, they get Gary Forbes :D lol

smith&wesson
07-05-2012, 03:56 PM

Amnesty calderon and we can do that.

bucketss
07-05-2012, 03:57 PM
I'll miss you Gary Forbes, and your missed free throws that let the Grizzlies tie the game up in overtime, which if I remember correctly, lost us the game.

actually ended up winning that game in over time. but he did miss another free throw against the bulls which ended up in a luol deng game winner

John Walls Era
07-05-2012, 03:57 PM
Good move.

LTBaByyy
07-05-2012, 03:59 PM
Rockets now have 12 front court players (SF, PF, C) and 0 point guards

John Walls Era
07-05-2012, 04:00 PM

PGs the easiest position to fill. Not like the season start tomorrow.

EDIT: actually not the easiest, but its easy to find someone servicable.

Ragun
07-05-2012, 04:02 PM
No particular order:

Rondo
Nash
Paul
Rose
Parker
Westbrook
D. Williams
Irving
Wall
Rubio
Jennings

Off the top of my head.
as of right now, id take Lowry over any of those guys. more complete and better overall game.

Lowry is a perfect piece at PG for a contending team.

and dont expect to much from Val his first year guys, especially on the offensive end. i think he'll have an impact defensively though.

Jamiecballer
07-05-2012, 04:03 PM
No particular order:

Rondo
Nash
Paul
Rose
Parker
Westbrook
D. Williams
Irving
Wall
Rubio
Jennings

Off the top of my head.

the fact that you have Jennings in there is disturbing bob.

BSardogan
07-05-2012, 04:04 PM

Livingston. Boykins.

Yeah, we're not exactly contending next year.

Sadds The Gr8
07-05-2012, 04:08 PM

Wall and Rubio being in there is even worse imo.

Bob_at_york
07-05-2012, 04:12 PM

i know... I hate Jennings but he stepped up his scoring and I thought the bucks were alright defensively. I really didn't want to put him in there. No doubt, if I had a choice, I would want Lowry over Jennings.

TO Rapz
07-05-2012, 04:15 PM
RIP Gary Forbes :sad2:

Bruno
07-05-2012, 04:16 PM
This is fantastic for Toronto.

i think a lot of teams are upset to now realize that a bench player and a protected first round pick was all that it took to land Lowry..

scaramantula
07-05-2012, 04:17 PM
glad this happened, only one more piece to fall now, trade calderon for a proven sf and we will be looking pretty good for the playoffs

Cal827
07-05-2012, 04:20 PM
:dance: Colangelo didn't completely **** this up. Love the Deal.

A good defensive PG will work wonders for our weaker interior help D (Barfnani) and help out out rookie C in his first year (Valanciunas) to not foul out as much.

Now Send Calderon and Ed Davis to Philly for Iggy and we should be good next year

Lowry
Derozan/Ross
Iggy/Johnson
Bargnani/Johnson
Valanciunas

Bruno
07-05-2012, 04:21 PM
what happens to Calderon? can someone who's more savvy with the situation fill me in? thanks.

Jays Claw
07-05-2012, 04:26 PM
what happens to Calderon? can someone who's more savvy with the situation fill me in? thanks.

I'm thinking BC trades him in a package for a legit SF. Although if SF deal falls through, I wouldn't mind having Calderon come off the bench for us.

Trace

Either going to back up Lowry, going to get amnestied or used as a trade piece for a good SF.

numba1CHANGsta

back to Spain :D

mjt20mik
07-05-2012, 04:27 PM
I'm thinking BC trades him in a package for a legit SF. Although if SF deal falls through, I wouldn't mind having Calderon come off the bench for us.

This.

scaramantula
07-05-2012, 04:27 PM

calderon of the bench would be sweet, not to sure management wants that tho just cause of the contract, and we can probably get more for him than bayless, cause both of them wont be here when the season starts

DeRozan10
07-05-2012, 04:31 PM
Jerome Solomon ‏@JeromeSolomon
The deal is a five-year rollover, so basically the only way Rockets get nothing is Toronto makes playoffs or gets No. 1 pick every yr.

I think I understand all the parameters except one...

If we make the playoffs the next 5 years, do we keep the 2018 pick or does it go to the rockets completely unprotected???

By the above tweet it sounds like if we make the playoffs the next 5 years then we just traded gary forbes for kyle lowry straight up

Bruno
07-05-2012, 04:32 PM
thanks guys. i don't see him backing up lowry. Lowry will command 36-38 minutes per game. calderon will want more, i ilke the SF idea for Toronto.

you guys want Artest, Barnes, or Ebanks for him. you guys can take steve blake too :laugh2: :cheers:

LAL would love Calderon playing 18 minutes off the bench per game behind Nashs 30.

nicegoing
07-05-2012, 04:33 PM
The deal is a five-year rollover, so basically the only way Rockets get nothing is Toronto makes playoffs or gets No. 1 pick every yr.

If we make the playoffs the next 5 years, do we keep the 2018 pick or does it go to the rockets completely unprotected???

By the above tweet it sounds like if we make the playoffs the next 5 years then we just traded gary forbes for kyle lowry straight up
That's good, the team should be good enough to avoid giving up a top ten pick.

BuddhaMONK
07-05-2012, 04:33 PM
calderon of the bench would be sweet, not to sure management wants that tho just cause of the contract, and we can probably get more for him than bayless, cause both of them wont be here when the season starts

awesome move,,,Thank you nash for not picking the Raptors and f*cking up our developement,...Also, ***** calderon as a bench player he's making over 10 million and we already got bayless.

jon32
07-05-2012, 04:34 PM
you know bryan, just when i thought you couldnt possibly be any dumber....you go and do somthing like this.........AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!! good move!!

$KnicksAndKobe$
07-05-2012, 04:35 PM
Raptors raped this trade easily. Great addition!

As for the Rockets ... WTF?

BuddhaMONK
07-05-2012, 04:36 PM
only thing I don't like with lowry is it sounds like he's got attitude probs.

Bruno
07-05-2012, 04:37 PM
i don't understand Houstons other new, big contracts, with this deal.

mike_noodles
07-05-2012, 04:38 PM
Great trade for the Raps.

BuddhaMONK
07-05-2012, 04:38 PM
now lets change the raptors name to huskies (the original toronto basketball team name and also a team that played in the first NBA game ever in 1946) and we'll be a respectable franchise

BKLYNpigeon
07-05-2012, 04:42 PM
Lakers should have gone for Lowery. They gave 4 picks for Nash.

scaramantula
07-05-2012, 04:45 PM
now lets change the raptors name to huskies (the original toronto basketball team name and also a team that played in the first NBA game ever in 1946) and we'll be a respectable franchise

changing name and jerseys doesn't do ****, look at the bobcats, only thing that gives you respectability is winning

BuddhaMONK
07-05-2012, 04:46 PM
Lakers should have gone for Lowery. They gave 4 picks for Nash.

yea but those will all be late round like 25th or higher because the lakers will be one of the better teams now.

mike_noodles
07-05-2012, 04:47 PM
you know bryan, just when i thought you couldnt possibly be any dumber....you go and do somthing like this.........AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!! good move!!

:cheers:

The exact same quote went through my head!

dtmagnet
07-05-2012, 04:49 PM
only thing I don't like with lowry is it sounds like he's got attitude probs.

I think that mostly had to do with the coach and splitting PT with Dragic.

alexander_37
07-05-2012, 04:50 PM
How do the SUns get 2 1st and 2nds for Nash

But the Rockets get a first for Lowry??

yanksrock
07-05-2012, 04:51 PM
Houston is mind-boggling.

koreancabbage
07-05-2012, 04:51 PM

we don't even have anyone signed past 2 years time frame, let alone 5 years lol.

BuddhaMONK
07-05-2012, 04:53 PM
I think that mostly had to do with the coach and splitting PT with Dragic.

he's gonna be splitting with bayless too...Bayless is better than ppl give him credit for.

EDUTEXANS
07-05-2012, 04:54 PM

terrible offseason... :facepalm:

well at least it is supposed to be a good pick

Bigbadmoffo
07-05-2012, 04:54 PM
That pick could prove to be a top 5 pick at some point where the lakers picks will be like a bunch of late scrub picks. Toronto still got the bettter deal as they will most likely just miss the playoffs next year do to chemistry.

Bigbadmoffo
07-05-2012, 04:56 PM
we don't even have anyone signed past 2 years time frame, let alone 5 years lol.

Where in a good position down the road! Cap space and talented youth!

Punk
07-05-2012, 05:18 PM
Good trade. Now, take back the Fields offer and the Raps did pretty decent in free agency.

Rego247
07-05-2012, 05:21 PM
Good trade. Now, take back the Fields offer and the Raps did pretty decent in free agency.

I only wish. :p

BuddhaMONK
07-05-2012, 05:31 PM

nothing has been signed it's only a verbal agreement (can't sign until the 11th or something)...Raptors can still back out of fields

kenzo400
07-05-2012, 05:40 PM
nothing has been signed it's only a verbal agreement (can't sign until the 11th or something)...Raptors can still back out of fields

He won't though, he made a verbal commitment. If a GM backs out of that, then the image of the whole franchise is jeopardized. Free agents will want nothing to do with Toronto.

Bravo95
07-05-2012, 05:58 PM
just when I thought the nets had the pick last season houston had to choke
Ha... see what I mean? He loves messing up everyone's plans.

YungQ89
07-05-2012, 06:17 PM
Its clear that Houston aren't Rocket scientists... :s but as a Raptors fan, im happy and cant wait for the season to start!

imagesrdecievin
07-05-2012, 06:24 PM
Didnt read much of the thread. I just wanted to congratulate the Raps. Lowry is possibly the most underrated player in the nba. Him, Ed Davis and Demar Derozan should be a lot of fun to watch this year.

Oh yeah and that Bargnani guy ain't too bad either.

EDUTEXANS
07-05-2012, 06:31 PM
Didnt read much of the thread. I just wanted to congratulate the Raps. Lowry is possibly the most underrated player in the nba. Him, Ed Davis and Demar Derozan should be a lot of fun to watch this year.

Oh yeah and that Bargnani guy ain't too bad either.

is valanciunas coming this year or not?

North Yorker
07-05-2012, 06:33 PM

As far as we know, yes he will.

Could possibly play in Summer League depending on how far Lithuania goes in the Olympics.

Tha Truth
07-05-2012, 06:34 PM

Yes sir. Jonas will be joining the Raptors.

North Yorker
07-05-2012, 06:43 PM
Love the Lowry pickup, have been wanting it all off-season.

Now trade Calderon+Ed Davis+ either DeRozan/JJ for a legit SF and this team will be exciting to watch.

imagesrdecievin
07-05-2012, 06:57 PM
Love the Lowry pickup, have been wanting it all off-season.

Now trade Calderon+Ed Davis+ either DeRozan/JJ for a legit SF and this team will be exciting to watch.

Are u saying trade Ed Davis rather than Bargs because u think he has more value? Too me Davis seems like the better prospect/fit for the team. Bargs seems like he's destined to be a good stats on a bad team kind of guy.

North Yorker
07-05-2012, 07:19 PM
Are u saying trade Ed Davis rather than Bargs because u think he has more value? Too me Davis seems like the better prospect/fit for the team. Bargs seems like he's destined to be a good stats on a bad team kind of guy.

Bargs is the better fit next to Valanciunas because he keeps the floor spread while JVal is more of a back to the basket type player that does most of his work in the key or from around 15-18 ft.

Also, JVal, Lowry, Ross, (and maybe a new SF via trade) are great rebounders which help make up for Bargs weakness in that area.

I think the best trade value the Raps can get is Calderon (expiring, and with Lowry he is expendable), Ed (because he has potential and on a rookie deal) + one of our wings. That should be easily be able to land a legit starting SF.

Not only that but with Valanciunas coming over Ed will be hard pressed for the playing time he needs to truly develop.

Chronz
07-05-2012, 07:28 PM

Because one is Steve Nash dealing with LA, the other is Lowry.

Chronz
07-05-2012, 07:29 PM
i don't understand Houstons other new, big contracts, with this deal.
They wont admit it but it looks to me like hes tanking.

alexander_37
07-05-2012, 11:32 PM
Because one is Steve Nash dealing with LA, the other is Lowry.

Lowry > Nash

Better at driving/finishing at rim and way better defense. He is almost as good a passer and imrpoving shooter ... Not to mention like 10 years younger. I don't see it but I guess 1 high Raps pick > 2 low LA picks.

heyman321
07-05-2012, 11:38 PM
Lowry > Nash

Better at driving/finishing at rim and way better defense. He is almost as good a passer and imrpoving shooter ... Not to mention like 10 years younger. I don't see it but I guess 1 high Raps pick > 2 low LA picks.

Yes to the driving/defense, LOL at the almost as good a passer. Not even CLOSE! He also can't run an offense half as good as Nash. Nash almost took a team of scrubs to the playoffs, Lowry couldn't do that. And he also isn't anywhere near as good a shooter as Nash.

mrblisterdundee
07-05-2012, 11:38 PM
Between Kyle Lowry and Landry Fields, the Raptors have had an awesome offseason. I would have traded Portland's 6th pick and a bench player for Lowry. Now they just need a real center.

Losoway
07-05-2012, 11:40 PM
the rockets gave up Lowry ...and sign lin?

i dont understand what there front office is On

marvILLous
07-05-2012, 11:41 PM
Between Kyle Lowry and Landry Fields, the Raptors have had an awesome offseason. I would have traded Portland's 6th pick and a bench player for Lowry. Now they just need a real center.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/multimedia/photo_gallery/1111/2011-draft-class/images/jonas-valanciunas.jpg

carruthers32
07-06-2012, 12:06 AM
I say sign AK47 to be that guy at the 3. Perfect for what direction this team is heading. Play's D, runs the floor, steals, blocks can hit the open shot. I don't think there's a 3 available right now better other then Deng and Iggy. People need to stop with the Rudy Gay stuff, no way in hell Memphis trades him, especially after letting Mayo walk.

Chronz
07-06-2012, 12:38 AM
Lowry > Nash

Lowry will never be Nash

I Rock Shaqs
07-06-2012, 12:57 AM
Yes they are relevant again!

THE GIPPER
07-06-2012, 01:20 AM
Lowry > Nash

I love that the raps got Lowry. I think he's easily a better option than Nash for the present and future of the franchise but you totally lost me at the bolded parts.

0nekhmer
07-06-2012, 01:41 AM
didn't know raptors had so many supporters! thanks everyone! i was one of the few who preferred Lowry over Nash :clap:

ChitownBears22
07-06-2012, 01:45 AM
Lowry/Fields is going to be fun to watch. Should be a well rounded team. Not a contender but should be in the race for the playoffs.

Baller1
07-06-2012, 01:46 AM
Gotta be a good feeling to be a Raptor fan right now.

Sadds The Gr8
07-06-2012, 01:49 AM
you're right. it feels like christmas

ACanadian
07-06-2012, 01:52 AM

+1

We never got this good of news for a LONG time now, good thing we got something that is beneficial to us

Baller1
07-06-2012, 01:54 AM

What's the rotation looking like right now?

Does Derozan start over Landry still?