Clippers
Celtics

Spurs 6th IMO

ChicagoFan4Eva
07-05-2012, 02:55 AM
spurs?

sunsfan88
07-05-2012, 02:55 AM
Bulls without Derrick Rose is not better than the Clippers, Knicks or Nets imo.

ChicagoFan4Eva
07-05-2012, 02:56 AM
Miami
OKC
Lakers
Clippers
Celtics

hmm?

xk4
07-05-2012, 03:03 AM
Heat by default...but none of these teams even have a set roster.

Baller1
07-05-2012, 03:05 AM
Miami
OKC
San Antonio
LA Lakers
Celtics

SportsFanatic10
07-05-2012, 03:07 AM
its hard to say with things still unsettled and with injuries to player like rose and shumpert etc. i'll give it a try though:

1 heat
2 okc
3 lakers
4 celtics (if they get ray and bass back along with the signing of terry i swap them with lakers)
5 Spurs

bulls with rose healthy could be 5th, and if clippers get allen or crawford and resign billups they might be 5th too and the nets are getting close to being in the convo. tough call.

bholly
07-05-2012, 03:10 AM
Miami
OKC
San Antonio
LA Lakers
Indy or Memphis, depending on how free agency goes

Knicks21
07-05-2012, 03:12 AM
Miami
OKC
Lakers
Spurs
Celtics

Celtics just match up well with Miami, still wouldn't put them ahead of San Antonio.

RaJAxTWa
07-05-2012, 03:12 AM
nets?...homer pick but nobody seems to realize how good they would be if they get dwight or not

if we get dwight obviously have a championship contending team

if we dont get dwight, they has been several reports going after ersan

idk but i love the roster of:

PG-Deron, Tyshawn Taylor
SG- Joey Johnson, Marshon Brooks
SF- Gerald Wallace, Gerald Green*
PF- Humphries, Ersan
C-Brook Lopez, vet like camby

That team can compete with anybody in my opinion

C-Style
07-05-2012, 03:13 AM
Miami
OKC
Lakers
Clippers
Spurs
Bulls

DoMeFavors
07-05-2012, 03:17 AM
Spurs and bulls won't be good this yr so lakers,heat,thunder,celtics,nets

SportsFanatic10
nets?...homer pick but nobody seems to realize how good they would be if they get dwight or not

PG-Deron, Tyshawn Taylor
PF- Humphries, Ersan

yeah i hear you. i mentioned that theyre getting into the conversation with there moves so far. right now as is they'd be in a top 10 but top 5 is probably too high.

RaJAxTWa
my bad not camby, most realistically it would be reggie evans lol forgot bout tht dude

Avenged
07-05-2012, 03:19 AM
Heat
Thunder
Bulls
Lakers
Clippers/Celtics

Can't count out the Spurs though.. Seems like they're always the sleeper team for some reason.

RaJAxTWa
07-05-2012, 03:23 AM
yeah i hear you. i mentioned that theyre getting into the conversation with there moves so far. right now as is they'd be in a top 10 but top 5 is probably too high.

idk you can easily put them above the bulls, think about it what position do the bulls got over us...as of right now

Deron vs Rose- you have no idea what to expect from rose due to the ACL, not to mention even when healthy they are both superstars

Joe johnson and Brooks vs Hamilton and korver- nets..pretty easily

Gerald Wallace and Gerald Green vs Luol Deng and not sure who is his back up..brewer? - i mean it may be homerism but i got the nets slightly

Humphries and Ersan vs Boozer and Taj- Bulls but its closer than people think

Brook lopez and Reggie evans vs Noah- gve the edge to bulls, noah is tougher but brook lopez is a 20 point scorer

Just making an arguement for my nets over chicago, same could be said for the teams being in this conversation as well

jmoney85
07-05-2012, 03:23 AM

thisssss

DoMeFavors
07-05-2012, 03:27 AM
No matter Dwight or Lopez nets have serious depth at every position

xxplayerxx23
07-05-2012, 08:50 AM
Nets wont be top 5 if they dont get Dwight I dont care what anybody says.
Anyway
1.Miami
2.Okc
3.Lakers
4.Spurs
5.Celtics

DR_1
07-05-2012, 09:18 AM
I'm basing my rankings off entirely healthy teams
1. Bulls
2. Lakers
3. Heat
4. Thunder
5. Spurs

1 and 2 can go either way. Same with 3 and 4.

koreancabbage
07-05-2012, 09:27 AM
Season wise

OKC
Lakers
Miami
Spurs
Clippers

JerseyPalahniuk
07-05-2012, 09:31 AM
Tier 1
Heat
Lakers
Thunder

Tier 2
Bulls (if Rose healthy by postseason, if not than not in top 10)
Celtics
Pacers
Spurs
Clippers

Tier 3
Nets
Knicks
Grizzlies

BklynKnicks3
07-05-2012, 09:33 AM
1. Heat
2. OKC
3. LA
4, Knicks
5. clippers

YoungOne
07-05-2012, 09:38 AM

PG-Deron, Tyshawn Taylor
PF- Humphries, Ersan

you cant get ilyasova without giving up something cause he wont take the minimum.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-05-2012, 09:38 AM
1. Heat
2. OKC
3. LA
4, Knicks
5. clippers

Knicks have improved?

beardown78
07-05-2012, 09:40 AM
idk you can easily put them above the bulls, think about it what position do the bulls got over us...as of right now

Deron vs Rose- you have no idea what to expect from rose due to the ACL, not to mention even when healthy they are both superstars

Joe johnson and Brooks vs Hamilton and korver- nets..pretty easily

Gerald Wallace and Gerald Green vs Luol Deng and not sure who is his back up..brewer? - i mean it may be homerism but i got the nets slightly

Humphries and Ersan vs Boozer and Taj- Bulls but its closer than people think

Brook lopez and Reggie evans vs Noah- gve the edge to bulls, noah is tougher but brook lopez is a 20 point scorer

Just making an arguement for my nets over chicago, same could be said for the teams being in this conversation as well

I love the moves the Nets are making and I do view them as contenders but to say the Nets are better than A healthy Bulls team is laughable, it takes time for A team to gel( ask heat and knick fans).

dnewguy
07-05-2012, 09:42 AM
Heat
OKC
Spurs
Clippers
Celtics

.......sorry L.A fans, a 39yr old pg is not going to put you over the hump with Kobe shooting as much as he does.

beardown78
07-05-2012, 09:43 AM
As of right now
Heat
OKC
Spurs
Lakers
Boston

Healthy
Heat
OKC
Bulls
Spurs
Lakers

beardown78
07-05-2012, 09:44 AM
Heat
OKC
Spurs
Clippers
Celtics

.......sorry L.A fans, a 39yr old pg is not going to put you over the hump with Kobe shooting as much as he does.

This
Who is Nash gonna stop on the defensive end

koreancabbage
07-05-2012, 09:46 AM
d
This

you could have said that about Derek Fisher in those championship runs

it doesn't really make that big of a difference cuz his offensive ability is much impactful than Fishers. and when you have Bynum and Gasol in the paint, i'd be hesitant to drive that lane anyways

dnewguy
07-05-2012, 09:51 AM
This

Nash does not play defense.

If all teams are perfectly healthy then the Laker's woes get worse.

1A. Heat, 1B. Bulls
3. OKC
4. Clippers
5. Spurs
6. Celtics
7. Knicks

at best Lakers can be #8 best team......that's their best lock.

dnewguy
07-05-2012, 09:53 AM
d

you could have said that about Derek Fisher in those championship runs

it doesn't really make that big of a difference cuz his offensive ability is much impactful than Fishers. and when you have Bynum and Gasol in the paint, i'd be hesitant to drive that lane anyways

Did you just compare Nash and Derek Fisher on defense? Even Laker fans will tell you that despite Fisher's height he does not create defensive mismatch as much as Nash will.

beardown78
07-05-2012, 10:05 AM
I'm just saying the quicker athletic scoring pgs are gonna give Nash fits on the defensive end. Offensively will the ball movement stop once it hits Kobe's hands? I think Gasol and Bynum benefit the most adding Nash just not do certain how A Nash Bryant backcourt works.

LRizzle
07-05-2012, 10:15 AM
Heat
OKC
Celtics
Lakers
Spurs

Nets need to sign Dwight to be in this conversation.
Bulls are about to lose Asik, aren't resigning Watson or Lucas seems like, and need to see how Rose comes back from his knee injury. He depends on his knees and driving more than any PG in the league.
Pacers might be losing Hibbert to a max contact offer.
Clippers haven't made any improvements yet to be in the convo. If Odom comes to play and they resign Billups and he comes back well and Crawford also, then they'd be in convo.

Too much going on still.

justinnum1
07-05-2012, 10:18 AM
heat
okc
lakers
celtics
spurs

kobebabe
07-05-2012, 10:20 AM
1 .Heat
2. Thunder
3. Lakers
4. Celtics
5. Bulls

Wat yall think

Really???

RaJAxTWa
07-05-2012, 10:20 AM
you cant get ilyasova without giving up something cause he wont take the minimum.

can you sign and trade him for future draft picks or does the salary have to match up?

Blitzbolt
07-05-2012, 10:21 AM
Heat

OKC

Spurs
Celtics
Lakers

koreancabbage
07-05-2012, 10:25 AM
Did you just compare Nash and Derek Fisher on defense? Even Laker fans will tell you that despite Fisher's height he does not create defensive mismatch as much as Nash will.

meh, fisher had somewhat mediocre in keeping the guy in front of him at times

Nash not so much

but Fisher couldn't always get back the points Nash can on the offensive end. Nash himself can get you 25-30 net points (points and assists) while fisher will net you about 10-15 points (points and assists)

JerseyPalahniuk
07-05-2012, 10:29 AM
can you sign and trade him for future draft picks or does the salary have to match up?

the Lakers had a huge trade exception (Odom's) they used to get nash. For the nets it would have to be picks. They have a smaller trade exception left though

Method28
07-05-2012, 10:36 AM
I dont get the Boston or Chicago love in this convo.

1. Heat
2. Thunder
3. Lakers
4. Spurs
5. Clippers

4 teams from the West

Spencesc11
07-05-2012, 10:51 AM
1) Heat
2) Thunder
3) Lakers
4) Spurs
5) Nets

* Adding Jason Terry is nice but no way Boston beats Brooklyn in a 7 game series with Deron Williams, Joe Johnson, Gerald Wallace, and either Lopez or Howard.

* Lakers can move to #2 on this list if they move Gasol for Josh Smith and then pickup Grant Hill for depth at the small forward. That would definitely give them an edge over Durant and the Thunder.

* 2 teams just missing this list (Celtics and Bulls) Chicago needs a healthy Derrick Rose to crack the list and Celtics need to get major contributions from their rookies in the front court (Fab Melo and Jared Sullinger) to be a Title threat.

* Team on the rise (Utah Jazz)
Big Men - Al Jefferson, Derrick Favors, Enes Kanter, and Paul Millsap
Small Forwards - Marvin Williams and Gordon Hayward
Guards - Mo Williams, Alec Burks, and Raja Bell

If I were Utah I would offer Houston Enes Kanter and Earl Watson for Kyle Lowry since he doesn't want to be there anyway.

Utah starting 5 after trade - Lowry, Burks, M. Williams, Favors, and Jefferson
with M. Williams, Hayward, and Millsap off the bench.

Now that's a pretty solid young team!!!!

HiphopRelated
07-05-2012, 10:53 AM
Clippers aren't contenders

dh144498
07-05-2012, 10:55 AM
on paper
1. Heat
2. Thunder
3. Lakers.

in reality:
let's see next season

kdspurman
07-05-2012, 10:56 AM
Spurs and bulls won't be good this yr so lakers,heat,thunder,celtics,nets

It's hilarious how people put that literally every year over the past few years. But you include the Nets :laugh2: classic....

xxplayerxx23
07-05-2012, 10:57 AM
1) Heat
2) Thunder
3) Lakers
4) Spurs
5) Nets

* Adding Jason Terry is nice but no way Boston beats Brooklyn in a 7 game series with Deron Williams, Joe Johnson, Gerald Wallace, and either Lopez or Howard.

* Lakers can move to #2 on this list if they move Gasol for Josh Smith and then pickup Grant Hill for depth at the small forward. That would definitely give them an edge over Durant and the Thunder.

* 2 teams just missing this list (Celtics and Bulls) Chicago needs a healthy Derrick Rose to crack the list and Celtics need to get major contributions from their rookies in the front court (Fab Melo and Jared Sullinger) to be a Title threat.

* Team on the rise (Utah Jazz)
Big Men - Al Jefferson, Derrick Favors, Enes Kanter, and Paul Millsap
Small Forwards - Marvin Williams and Gordon Hayward
Guards - Mo Williams, Alec Burks, and Raja Bell

If I were Utah I would offer Houston Enes Kanter and Earl Watson for Kyle Lowry since he doesn't want to be there anyway.

Utah starting 5 after trade - Lowry, Burks, M. Williams, Favors, and Jefferson
with M. Williams, Hayward, and Millsap off the bench.

Now that's a pretty solid young team!!!!

I have a couple of problems with your post. The nets as of right now are not better then the celtics. They have joe johnson and Deron williams. Please nobody on that team can stop Kevin Garnett. Wallace and pierce cancel each other out. Plus they have two nice draft picks, jeff green coming back. Celtics>Nets at this point

KobeOwnSU
07-05-2012, 11:06 AM
Its July...Lets wait until at least Christmas before we make these lists.

BklynKnicks3
07-05-2012, 11:11 AM
Knicks have improved?

time together = chemistery Melo in shape for full season amare cant be any worse lin for full year we will add felton or mayo

BklynKnicks3
07-05-2012, 11:12 AM
do me favors do me favor and dont post

dnewguy
07-05-2012, 11:13 AM
time together = chemistery Melo in shape for full season amare cant be any worse lin for full year we will add felton or mayo

You've been saying that for the past 2 years.

Gritz
07-05-2012, 11:22 AM
Heat then everybody else

Jroz
07-05-2012, 11:24 AM
1 .Heat
2. Thunder
3. Lakers
4. Celtics
5. Bulls

Wat yall think

Sounds about right..Bulls are iffy at this point..I'd put the Knii...just kidding

yaswaggin
07-05-2012, 11:54 AM
As of right now
Heat
OKC
Spurs
Lakers
Boston

Healthy
Heat
OKC
Bulls
Spurs
Lakers

Best list IMO

But I hate how people are putting the nets and Knicks over the sixers

Sixers have serious potential to do damage next season if jru and turner take that next step

xxplayerxx23
07-05-2012, 12:11 PM
Best list IMO

But I hate how people are putting the nets and Knicks over the sixers

Sixers have serious potential to do damage next season if jru and turner take that next step

We can all do the IF game. What IF a full traning camp finally gets Melo and Amare to gel? then they have the potential to do damage against any team,

Iceman_9
07-05-2012, 12:13 PM
Miami, OKC, lakers, bulls, celtics

nicegoing
07-05-2012, 12:38 PM
Why do people think the Spurs won't be as good? Are we just going to pretend that them having the best record in the regular season and destroying the playoffs until OKC didn't happen? Swept Jazz, swept Clippers, lost in 6 to OKC? They deserve to be up there.

Heat
OKC
Lakers
Spurs
Celtics

KaganRS
07-05-2012, 12:43 PM
1. MIAMI HEAT
2. OKC THUNDER
3. SA SPURS / CHICAGO BULLS (if they had Rose)
4. LA LAKERS /BOSTON CELTICS
5. LA CLIPPERS/ MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES
6. INDIANA PACERS / PHILLY SIXERS

Jint.
07-05-2012, 12:52 PM
Heat
OKC
Bulls
Lakers
Spurs
Knicks :nod:

DR_1
07-05-2012, 12:53 PM
Wow does everyone forget the Bulls had the best record in the East 2 years in a row? And it's not like Miami destroyed us in the one ECF when we were both healthy, all the games Miami won went down to the wire, and the Bulls have only gotten better since.

Rose will be back for the playoffs and Thibs said Deng won't miss any time next season so I don't see how they are not at least in the conversation for best team.

KnicksR4Real
07-05-2012, 01:03 PM
Miami
OKC
Spurs
Lakers
NY/Brooklyn

Lakersfan2483
07-05-2012, 01:17 PM
Miami
OKC
San Antonio
LA Lakers
Boston Celtics

*Chicago would be up there with a healthy D. Rose

NBA-GMaster
07-05-2012, 01:20 PM
As of now 1. HEAT, 2&3 Lakers or Nets (whoever gets Dwight), 4. Thunder 5. Spurs

Bravo95
07-05-2012, 01:21 PM
1. Heat
2A. Thunder
2B. Lakers
4. Spurs
5. Celtics

lakersiznumber1
07-05-2012, 01:30 PM
Heat
OKC
Spurs
Clippers
Celtics

what u smokin man:facepalm: kobe and mwp push an okc team to the limit and end up giving them a run for there money. with nash in la gasol and him will be playin the pick in roll to perfection and oh yea big bynum will get easy baskets. Now kobe every point doesnt have to go through kobe bryant he will be well rested. Look what he did with the suns this year they almost made the playoffs

BSardogan
07-05-2012, 01:35 PM
Miami
Lakers
OKC
Spurs
Celtics (even without Ray Allen they beat the current Nets by miles)

nitric
07-05-2012, 01:38 PM
I was under the impression that the Bulls were elite because of their defense and rebounding.

xxplayerxx23
07-05-2012, 01:42 PM
Without rose they arent top 5. By playofftime if rose is healthy they will be top 5.

dnewguy
07-05-2012, 01:47 PM
what u smokin man:facepalm: kobe and mwp push an okc team to the limit and end up giving them a run for there money. with nash in la gasol and him will be playin the pick in roll to perfection and oh yea big bynum will get easy baskets. Now kobe every point doesnt have to go through kobe bryant he will be well rested. Look what he did with the suns this year they almost made the playoffs

Losing in 5 games is not a "run for their money".

The Lakers are terrible simple as ABC, you barely got past the Nuggets.

dnewguy
07-05-2012, 01:48 PM
I was under the impression that the Bulls were elite because of their defense and rebounding.

well, people on here rate based on offense which is why they're overrating Nash to Lakers. Bulls with or without Rose are still better than the Lakers....simple as ABC.

Evolution23
07-05-2012, 01:50 PM
1. Knicks
Rest of the league is irrelevant

TheRunKiller
07-05-2012, 01:54 PM
1. Knicks
Rest of the league is irrelevant

lol

Toastyy
07-05-2012, 01:54 PM
Lakers
OKC
Heat
Bulls
Clippers/Pacers

Lakers + Giants
07-05-2012, 01:55 PM

I was under the impression that Rose is gonna out for a huge chunk of the year.

tredigs
07-05-2012, 02:00 PM
1 .Heat
2. Thunder
3. Lakers
4. Celtics
5. Bulls

Wat yall think

Lakers are not 3rd, you guys are dreaming. Barring a D. Howard signing that I don't think is happening, they hover closer to 10 than 1. Nash is great, but he's nearing 40 years old, and Kobe's there in playing years himself.

spurs?

The team that wins 50 games every season, had the best record in the NBA and was the consensus favorite to win the title heading into the Western Conference Finals? Yeah, what a joke of a selection...

Next season, starting with who I have taking the title, I would go:

1. Thunder
2. Heat
3. Spurs
4. Nets (Can't believe I'm writing this, but even without Dwight, that lineup is devastating if they can stay healthy and play to each of their potential. There's no weakness in it).
5. Bulls (Rose should come back in the 2nd half, and may be just geared up enough heading into the post-season to make them an outside contender to make it to the Eastern Conference Finals. They won't beat Miami though).

With the Terry signing I'll take the Celtics next, then we get to LA and Memphis.

zB_#85
07-05-2012, 02:58 PM
1 .Heat
2. Thunder
3. Lakers
4. Celtics
5. Bulls

Wat yall think

1. Heat
2. Thunder
3. Celtics
4. Lakers
5. Clippers

6. Spurs
7. Nets

As currently constructed (assuming Lopez goes back to Brooklyn). Dwight Howard has the potential to shoot the Lakers up to #3 or Nets up to #4 IMO.

SACNYY
07-05-2012, 02:59 PM
I'd say the Lakers are now better than OKC

TylerSL
07-05-2012, 03:11 PM
Miami
OKC
Lakers
Clippers
Spurs
Bulls

:laugh2: @ sig

_KB24_
07-05-2012, 03:19 PM
:laugh2:

Don't even feel need to warrant a response. I'll keep that in mind. hovering closer to 10 than 1

TylerSL
07-05-2012, 03:30 PM
1.Miami
2.Oklahoma City
3.San Antonio
4.Boston
5.Chicago

6.Los Angeles Lakers
7.Philadelphia
8.Los Angeles Clippers
9.Indiana
10.Memphis

TylerSL
07-05-2012, 03:31 PM

Don't even feel need to warrant a response. I'll keep that in mind. hovering closer to 10 than 1

I have Lakers at 6, thats closer to 10......

Bruno
07-05-2012, 04:12 PM
Heat
Thunder
Lakers
Spurs
Clippers/Celtics

chicago isn't top five without Rose.

fadedmario
07-05-2012, 04:24 PM
Heat
Thunder
Celtics
Clippers
Spurs

Im_in_Mia_bish
07-05-2012, 04:34 PM
Heat
Thunder
Lakers/Clippers
Celtics

tredigs
07-05-2012, 05:24 PM

Laughable that the Lakers are not top 5? Wouldn't be laughing too hard man... If you think a nearing 40 yr old Nash (and a year older Pau/Kobe) clearly vaults the Lakers into the top 5, you're probably seeing the team through yellow tinted glasses.

We're talking about a team that SQUEAKED by Denver in 7 only to get hosed by OKC in 5 (first game was what, 30 points?). And they got swept the year prior too. I don't think people fear the Lakers anymore. Nash on a year older Westbrook if the Lakers make it that far? That's not going to be pretty.

I honestly consider the Lakers in the Indiana/Memphis tier. Potentially HCA playoff teams, but not serious contenders. ~7th best or so in the league. I bet they win 52 games and get bounced in the 2nd round.

IVgramps
07-05-2012, 06:21 PM
:facepalm:
Laughable that the Lakers are not top 5? Wouldn't be laughing too hard man... If you think a nearing 40 yr old Nash (and a year older Pau/Kobe) clearly vaults the Lakers into the top 5, you're probably seeing the team through yellow tinted glasses.

We're talking about a team that SQUEAKED by Denver in 7 only to get hosed by OKC in 5 (first game was what, 30 points?). And they got swept the year prior too. I don't think people fear the Lakers anymore. Nash on a year older Westbrook if the Lakers make it that far? That's not going to be pretty.

I honestly consider the Lakers in the Indiana/Memphis tier. Potentially HCA playoff teams, but not serious contenders. ~7th best or so in the league. I bet they win 52 games and get bounced in the 2nd round. Every point guard in the league will have a hard time defending Westbrook or parker, but now we have a legitimate point guard who can confidently run the pick and roll. Ramon Sessions was a joke and, quite frankly, was downgrade from fish in that he has a very limited basketball IQ. The Lakers will at least be a 59-23 team. Don't forget that Grant Hill is probably coming too, which adds another defensive threat against Durant. No doubt the thunder are going to be a stronger, smarter team, but you can't deny this move makes the lakers a better team. With out a doubt they are top 5. With a legit point guard running the team the lakers top the spurs.

IVgramps
07-05-2012, 06:27 PM
heat
thunder
lakers
clippers
spurs

Jarvo
07-05-2012, 06:28 PM
Heat
Okc
Lakers
Spurs
Celtics

Jarvo
07-05-2012, 06:29 PM
Clippers better then Spurs? Hmmmm

Jint.
07-05-2012, 06:47 PM
1 Nets
2 Brooklyn
3 BK
4 Liberty
5 Globetrotters

IVgramps
07-05-2012, 06:48 PM
Clippers better then Spurs? Hmmmm

Signing Crawford and Billups put them there and you can count on Lamar not having a repeat season. The spurs are great, but their fundamental play doesn't seem to translate against the faster teams in the post-season.

jmoney85
07-05-2012, 06:50 PM
1. dylan
2. dylan
3. dylan
4. dylan
5. dylan

popo85
07-05-2012, 07:11 PM

Typical Laker hate because his team get's a beating from the Lakers 4 times on a yearly bases.

1. Heat
2.Spurs
3.OKC
4.Lakers
5.Celtics

MintBerryCrunch
07-05-2012, 07:35 PM
Heat
OKC
lakers
Spurs
Celtics

Jarvo
07-05-2012, 07:59 PM
It's hilarious how people put that literally every year over the past few years. But you include the Nets :laugh2: classic....

Hell Yeah!!!! Then as the season comes to a close we would be a Top 3 seed :laugh2: I like how people doubt us and we're so under the radar :cheer:

Jarvo
07-05-2012, 08:02 PM
Signing Crawford and Billups put them there and you can count on Lamar not having a repeat season. The spurs are great, but their fundamental play doesn't seem to translate against the faster teams in the post-season.

Ehh, People said that last year and they went on to the WCF, Crawford is a chucker and I dont think he fits with them and they better hope Odom doesn't because it would be a waste to have him.

xabial
07-05-2012, 10:04 PM
Knicks and Bulls have had great Battles. Seeing Bulls in Many people's Top-5 makes me replace them with the Knicks in my head.

nyKnicks126
07-05-2012, 10:07 PM
Can't believe people have the Nets as a top 5 team.. It's actually comical..

jmoney85
07-05-2012, 10:09 PM
Can't believe people have the Nets as a top 5 team.. It's actually comical..

why?

because they dont have the knicks top 5?

someone jelly?

Sixersfan69
07-05-2012, 10:11 PM
In current state:
Miami
OKC
Lakers
Spurs
Celtics

All Healthy and D12 to nets:
Miami
OKC
Nets
Lakers
Bulls

naztrack
07-05-2012, 10:13 PM
I feel this is the year the celtics show there age plus no rose cmon ppl....so imma say

Heat
Thunder
Lakers
Clippers
Knicks
Then pacers

mrblisterdundee
07-05-2012, 10:17 PM
1. Heat (They're the champions until someone proves them wrong.)
2. Thunder (By the next playoffs, Perry Jones III could put Oklahoma in the top spot.)
3. Lakers (Steve Nash puts them back up there.)
4. Spurs (Always give those guys the benefit of the doubt.)
5. Knicks (Jason Kidd addresses the very problem that keeps Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudemire inefficient.)

I left the Bulls out because Derrick Rose will be out nearly the entire season, and they haven't found a short-term replacement. With Rose, the Bulls are the fourth best team right now. With a Rose who can consistently make jump shots and even some threes, the Bulls are the third best team.

kdspurman
07-05-2012, 10:18 PM
Hell Yeah!!!! Then as the season comes to a close we would be a Top 3 seed :laugh2: I like how people doubt us and we're so under the radar :cheer:

It is what it is. People will think what they want & Teams that look good on paper will always be over-hyped by fans/media/etc... Just the way it is.

Sixersfan69
07-05-2012, 10:32 PM
Im pretty sure the clippers got SWEPT by the spurs in the 2nd round.

ombada
07-05-2012, 11:19 PM
why are the pacers ranked so low on most of these lists... we had the 5th best record last years with one of the youngest teams in the league.

aLau10
07-05-2012, 11:28 PM
Currently:
1) Heats
2) OKC
3) Lakers
4) Spurs
5) Celtics
*6) Clippers or Pacers*

Would really love to put the Bulls in there since they are my team but without DRose, they cant possibly be anywhere within top 5..... ROSE COME BACK!!!! :(

*Silver&Black*
07-06-2012, 12:37 AM
1. Refs
2. Heat
3. Thunder
4. Lakers
5. Spurs

DeyAce
07-06-2012, 12:44 AM
^ This

Kyben36
07-06-2012, 12:49 AM
Celtics IMO dont belong on that list.

IMO

Miami ( clearly )
Chicago ( Rose will be out most of season, but he will come back, playoff run)
Lakers (A good team, but not sure how Nash/Kobe work together, good team with momentum)
OKC (Young and Growing, making smart low risk high reward moves this offseason, going to get better)
Clippers ( but alot rides on Blake to become more dominate as a 1 on 1 player )

Wildcard

Nets ( I think there is a good chance that the Nets end up with Dwight, in which case, the Nets have a chance to pick apart Miami in their two weekest possisions, PG/C. with JJ as well, they havealot of tallent ) W/O Dwight though not top 5

jtrinaldi
07-06-2012, 12:51 AM
Bucks
Thunder
Heat
Lakers
Magic

DeyAce
07-06-2012, 12:52 AM
Stay classy Bucks fan

STL Don
07-06-2012, 01:12 AM
1.Miami
2.Lakers, Thunder
3.Celtics
4.Bulls, Spurs
5.Clippers

celtics 34
07-06-2012, 01:56 AM
Wow you guys don't know how to make a top 5 list of teams.if the bobcats aren't on it not a good list

SportsNY
07-06-2012, 02:02 AM
1. Heat
2. Thunder
3. Celtics
4. Lakers
5. Bulls

celtics 34
07-06-2012, 02:06 AM
1. Heat
2. Thunder
3. Celtics
4. Lakers
5. Bulls

People are going to tell you 3 and 4 are interchanable and idk about the bulls with rose out half the season and who knows if he will come back to full health

Baller1
07-06-2012, 02:10 AM
:facepalm: Every point guard in the league will have a hard time defending Westbrook or parker, but now we have a legitimate point guard who can confidently run the pick and roll. Ramon Sessions was a joke and, quite frankly, was downgrade from fish in that he has a very limited basketball IQ. The Lakers will at least be a 59-23 team. Don't forget that Grant Hill is probably coming too, which adds another defensive threat against Durant. No doubt the thunder are going to be a stronger, smarter team, but you can't deny this move makes the lakers a better team. With out a doubt they are top 5. With a legit point guard running the team the lakers top the spurs.

At least a 59 win team? :laugh2:

_KB24_
07-06-2012, 04:19 PM

I honestly consider the Lakers in the Indiana/Memphis tier. Potentially HCA playoff teams, but not serious contenders. ~7th best or so in the league. I bet they win 52 games and get bounced in the 2nd round.

Of course, I'm not expecting a Nash from 5 years ago, but a damn good point who has kept his game at a high level and has show little decline as we go on. Going to love see him push the tempo but at the same time work in the half court set. I can't remember the last time we had a 3-point threat playing for us and now that we get one of the greatest shooters of all time to complement the bigs and Kobe? I'm ecstatic.

Lakers have had a habit of letting series prolong longer than they should be, this dates back to our championship days. Missing Artest was huge as well and OKC were the favorites to beat us. Don't know what your trying to say bringing up the 30-point loss when it could have easily been 3-1 Lakers. But we did lose to the superior team, so case closed.

And dude, who doesn't Westbrook give the chills. He's a match up nightmare for every team he faces. It use to be a field day for opposing teams when they use to play us with the likes of Fisher and Sessions. Granted Nash isn't much of a defender himself, but we'll finally have someone to make the opposing PG actually defend him.

The last part is truly laughable. Indiana and Memphis? Are you joking me!? Your quick to write off the Lakers because of age but why doesn't the same apply to Spurs? The Lakers have OWNED the Spurs in head-to-head match ups throughout their playoff history and why would anyone think otherwise going forward. Bulls coming back with a banged up Rose? Questionable. The only two teams that I have clearly in front of the Lakers are the Heat/OKC. Lakers are clearly in that 3rd slot, I would love to hear the case for others being ahead of us.

asap_simba
07-07-2012, 11:48 PM
1) Heat
2) Thunder
3) Celtics
4) Bulls ( with rose)
5) Clippers/ Grizzlies

beasted86
07-08-2012, 12:07 AM
1. Miami

2. Everybody else.

Yes. I. Did.

justinnum1
07-08-2012, 12:19 AM
Celtics IMO dont belong on that list.

IMO

Miami ( clearly )
Chicago ( Rose will be out most of season, but he will come back, playoff run)
Lakers (A good team, but not sure how Nash/Kobe work together, good team with momentum)
OKC (Young and Growing, making smart low risk high reward moves this offseason, going to get better)
Clippers ( but alot rides on Blake to become more dominate as a 1 on 1 player )

Wildcard

Nets ( I think there is a good chance that the Nets end up with Dwight, in which case, the Nets have a chance to pick apart Miami in their two weekest possisions, PG/C. with JJ as well, they havealot of tallent ) W/O Dwight though not top 5

wait...did you just put the bulls above okc. and put okc below the lakers?

UnWantedTheory
07-08-2012, 12:24 AM
MIA
OKC
SPURS
CELTICS
LAKERS

Probably in that order as well.

UnWantedTheory
07-08-2012, 12:36 AM
Of course, I'm not expecting a Nash from 5 years ago, but a damn good point who has kept his game at a high level and has show little decline as we go on. Going to love see him push the tempo but at the same time work in the half court set. I can't remember the last time we had a 3-point threat playing for us and now that we get one of the greatest shooters of all time to complement the bigs and Kobe? I'm ecstatic.

Lakers have had a habit of letting series prolong longer than they should be, this dates back to our championship days. Missing Artest was huge as well and OKC were the favorites to beat us. Don't know what your trying to say bringing up the 30-point loss when it could have easily been 3-1 Lakers. But we did lose to the superior team, so case closed.

And dude, who doesn't Westbrook give the chills. He's a match up nightmare for every team he faces. It use to be a field day for opposing teams when they use to play us with the likes of Fisher and Sessions. Granted Nash isn't much of a defender himself, but we'll finally have someone to make the opposing PG actually defend him.

The last part is truly laughable. Indiana and Memphis? Are you joking me!? Your quick to write off the Lakers because of age but why doesn't the same apply to Spurs? The Lakers have OWNED the Spurs in head-to-head match ups throughout their playoff history and why would anyone think otherwise going forward. Bulls coming back with a banged up Rose? Questionable. The only two teams that I have clearly in front of the Lakers are the Heat/OKC. Lakers are clearly in that 3rd slot, I would love to hear the case for others being ahead of us.
Because you still have no bench to date. The Spurs up to this point have proven to be the better team from last year. You have to go into the beginning of the year assuming the same if you ask me. The Lakers got better sure, but the Spurs most likely will too. Hell even if they don't sign anyone new the progression of Leonard alone could mean an upgraded team. Not to mention a full training camp with Jackson & hopefully Diaw. I am not sure they are better or worse, but I will tell you there is no "clearly" about your third spot until it is proven. This is a 38 year old with back problems that plays little to no defense in a new system. I am not saying he will not work out, because he probably will. But that doesn't mean immediate leaps and bounds above the competition. He is one player bro., and you still have a team full of older players with little bench imo.

I Rock Shaqs
07-08-2012, 12:45 AM
1. Miami
2. OKC
3. Celtics
4. Lakers
5. Spurs
Couldn't decide between Lakers and Spurs, Anderson Silva just whooped dat *****

Meatmypet
07-08-2012, 01:06 AM
Bulls on the list without Rose? Lol

KaganRS
07-08-2012, 01:09 AM
This thread is Knicks vs Nets vs Lakers vs Bulls fans in a fatal four way.

I want to see Bobcats vs Pistons vs Raptors vs Nets fans go at it.