PDA

View Full Version : Nash and Kobe

metsfanssince05
07-04-2012, 09:24 PM
Never in my life would I ever thought I'd see these 2 team up. But I don't see how it works out. Kobe of course wants the ball every second, when Nash needs to ball to dish. Going to be fun to watch nevertheless.

That Guy Mooque
07-04-2012, 09:25 PM
KOKE!!! lol

49ersLALSFGiant
07-04-2012, 09:28 PM
Gonna be epic

justinnum1
07-04-2012, 09:29 PM
they will figure it out.

metsfanssince05
07-04-2012, 09:29 PM
KOKE!!! lolDam never thought somebody saw that. FML

PrettyBoyJ
07-04-2012, 09:35 PM
I think this helps Pau and Bynum as for as getting easy looks and they can finally utilize there biggest advantage in there 2 7 footers

Six-8-TheWizard
07-04-2012, 09:36 PM
Dam never thought somebody saw that. FML

:laugh2:

b@llhog24
07-04-2012, 09:36 PM
Lol this backcourt is gonna get torched so much next season.

SportsFanatic10
07-04-2012, 09:40 PM
i think they'll figure it out. kobe will have to let nash do the majority of the ball handling bringing it up court and getting them into their offense. nash is soo good at distributing the ball and he has so many options now. kobe, bynum, and gasol will get some very good looks. and kobe will still have his iso possessions late in the clock or when he goes to work in the post. nash being such a great shooter helps alot to when kobe has the ball nash can be hovering around the 3 point arc.

also having those bigs protecting the rim will help nash on the defensive end against younger quicker point guards trying to get in the paint.

lakers just got much better....of course kobe needs to adjust though so we'll see just how selfish he really is this year.

Losoway
07-04-2012, 09:41 PM
Lakers team meeting:

Mike Brown: Alright, now that we've got a legitimate point guard I really want to incorporate the pick and roll with Nash and Pau.

Kobe: This play does not involve Black mamba , next suggestion.

b@llhog24
07-04-2012, 09:42 PM
i think they'll figure it out. kobe will have to let nash to the majority of the ball handling bringing it up court and getting them into their offense. nash is soo good at distributing the ball and he has so man options now. kobe, bynum, and gasol will get some very good looks. also having those bigs protecting the rim will help nash on the defensive end against younger quicker point guards trying to get in the paint.

lakers just got much better....of course kobe needs to adjust though so we'll see just how selfish he really is this year.

Good luck with that.

meloman1592
07-04-2012, 09:43 PM
Lakers team meeting:

Mike Brown: Alright, now that we've got a legitimate point guard I really want to incorporate the pick and roll with Nash and Pau.

lmaooooo

The goods
07-04-2012, 09:44 PM
Lakers team meeting:

Hahahahahahaha.

*Superman*
07-04-2012, 09:45 PM
Trade Bynum for Dwight and have their own big 3.

Dwight
Gasol
Artest
Kobe
Nash

The goods
07-04-2012, 09:45 PM
Kobe recruited him so I'm sure they'll work.

SportsFanatic10
07-04-2012, 09:46 PM
Good luck with that.

lol yeah like i said this year will really show just how selfish kobe is if he doesn't let nash do his thing and be the teams real point guard.

lakersiznumber1
07-04-2012, 09:47 PM
im happy 4 nash he deserves a real chance at a ring

Losoway
07-04-2012, 09:52 PM
i dont agree with this move if i was a lakers fan.... yall should be getting younger Not older . and you guys are getting ready to sign grant hill ..smh
NASH PLAYS ZERO DEFENSE. WESTBROOK PARKER CHRIS PAUL WILL HAVE 45 a night on him

lakers are gonna need wheelchairs on stand by during timeouts

should have chased Dragic someone young and then trade bynum or gasol

Eg714
07-04-2012, 09:57 PM
i dont agree with this move if i was a lakers fan.... yall should be getting younger Not older . and you guys are getting ready to sign grant hill ..smh
NASH PLAYS ZERO DEFENSE. WESTBROOK PARKER CHRIS PAUL WILL HAVE 45 a night on him

He can't be worse than Ramon, fisher, or Blake.

Bravo95
07-04-2012, 09:58 PM
That Nash-Kobe pick n roll... :drool:

yanksrock
07-04-2012, 10:00 PM
I think LA makes a all out press for Dwight.

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-04-2012, 10:02 PM
Kobe Nash baby! :dance:

Mave1002
07-04-2012, 10:10 PM
Never in my life would I ever thought I'd see these 2 team up. But I don't see how it works out. Kobe of course wants the ball every second, when Nash needs to ball to dish. Going to be fun to watch nevertheless.

Nash and Kobe :D

rockbottom2010
07-04-2012, 10:14 PM
no defense

lakers4sho
07-04-2012, 10:15 PM
nash is the only all star PG I thought who is going to work well with Kobe

SportsFanatic10
07-04-2012, 10:22 PM

if i were a lakers fan i'd be very happy. they're already committed to going all in to try and win as many times as they can before kobe retires. they have an old vet team and aren't gonna get younger until after kobe is done. he doesn't have the time/patience for them to get younger. if they really wanted to get younger now they'd trade/amnesty kobe, gasol and metta and start to retool around bynum.

theres still alot of talent on that team and adding peices like nash and hill or whoever else they get now will have them strongly contending for a few more years.

JasonJohnHorn
07-04-2012, 10:23 PM
I'm more excited to see how Pau and Nash play together than Nash and Kobe. Nash will get Kobe a lot of open looks though.

That Guy Mooque
07-04-2012, 10:26 PM
Dam never thought somebody saw that. FML

lol Sorry man. You did fix it REAL quick!

Ty Fast
07-04-2012, 10:29 PM
i am more cerious to see how nash nash and bynum play together

JollyRanch
07-04-2012, 10:30 PM
Nash will be happy to pass the ball to Kobe, Pau (hope he gets traded actually), Andrew or Dwight, or whomever. He's a true point guard...something Kobe has never experienced before. Kobe's basketball IQ is top tier and he will adjust accordingly

justinnum1
07-04-2012, 10:30 PM
nash is use to having big atheltic bigs...will deffenitly be interesting to see how he does with bynum and gasol

Aust
07-04-2012, 10:33 PM
No defense? Good thing we have a defensive minded coach.

What I'm hoping is that this entices Howard. A Howard Nash combo covers each other's weaknesses

THE GIPPER
07-04-2012, 10:35 PM
This team has the potential to be very good as long as Kobe's arrogance doesnt get in the way.

THE GIPPER
07-04-2012, 10:36 PM
nash is use to having big atheltic bigs...will deffenitly be interesting to see how he does with bynum and gasol

He will do amazing. Gasol/Bynum is better than any big tandem he has ever played with.

Sssmush
07-04-2012, 10:45 PM
Nash can also mentor Darius Morris, the Lakers extremely young point guard prospect, who is known to be a very big, strong, athletic "pure" point guard of the pass first variety.

BKLYNpigeon
07-04-2012, 10:45 PM
Great trade by the Lakers.

everyone is just jealous and mad. everyone loves Nash and wants him to win a ring. so if you're rooting for Nash you will have to root for the Lakers. double edge sore.

Sssmush
07-04-2012, 10:47 PM
This will extend Kobe's career and allow him to work much more efficiently in appx 35 minutes a game.

We almost don't want or need Dwight now... as that would almost make it a "super team" and create some chemistry issues and the perception that it is "stacked" and not fair.

Lakers can win without Nash. Jeez, Bynum and Gasol both at 100%?

I wonder if they do a Beasley deal now as well...

BALKIS2K12
07-04-2012, 10:48 PM
lakers are gonna be sick

Sssmush
07-04-2012, 10:48 PM
Nash, Morris, Blake (if not amnestied)
Kobe, Goudelock, J-Odom
Artest, Ebanks, Eyenga
Gasol, Hill, McRoberts
Bynum, Murphy, Sacre

OR

Kobe, [new SG], Goudelock, J-Odom
Artest, Ebanks, Eyenga
Beasley, Hill, McRoberts
Bynum, Murphy, Sacre

StinkEye
07-04-2012, 10:50 PM
Nash will make use of those bigs for once.

Bravo95
07-04-2012, 10:59 PM
Kobe, Goudelock, J-Odom
Artest, Ebanks, Eyenga
Gasol, Hill, McRoberts
Bynum, Murphy, Sacre

OR

Kobe, [new SG], Goudelock, J-Odom
Artest, Ebanks, Eyenga
Beasley, Hill, McRoberts
Bynum, Murphy, Sacre
Pau stands to benefit from this trade more than anyone. Now isn't the time to replace him -- especially with Beasley.

ArmLaker
07-04-2012, 11:02 PM
Lakers team meeting:

LMFAO this was a good one man. But in all seriousness, this is probably the best team Nash will ever play on. He will finally lose his underachiever tag for sure.

dh144498
07-06-2012, 03:26 PM
Kobe recruited him so I'm sure they'll work.

this. Kobe knows what kind of a player nash is. Pretty sure he knows what he's getting into. Afterall, this is the person that torched Kobe's lakers 2006 and 2007. :cool:

thephoenixson28
07-06-2012, 03:36 PM
Lakers are probably 1st or 2nd best team in the NBA,and I ****en hate the lakers. I would've rather payed Nash the max then see him on that team.

King41
07-06-2012, 03:38 PM
i think they will figure it out they both want that title and that will be the motor to do what ever it takes

Toastyy
07-06-2012, 03:43 PM
I like, but I'd rather see the Lakers go the younger route but this will be good for 2-3 years

Hawkeye15
07-06-2012, 03:47 PM
I honestly don't think they will be much, if any better, they are just worse off defensively, and I am not sure how happy Kobe will be with the ball out of his hands and in the hands of a better playmaker, but then again, I don't know if Brown has the stones to tell Kobe to shut up and deal with it.

Will be interesting regardless. One thing is for sure, they have a better coach on the floor now then they do on the sidelines. That may help.

Mr_Jones
07-06-2012, 03:48 PM
Lol, Kobe was the one that heavily recruited him. I think he knows how t make it work. Only reason he's had the ball in his hands so much is simply because NOBODY else could handle it. We've had some of the worst point guards in the league the past couple years. When Odom played here, and was being his most effective, Kobe let him run the offense. Very similar situation to now.. Anyone who can actually handle the ball will handle the ball. Kobe gets frustrated having to keep the ball for 24 seconds only to throw up a last-second shot. He knows it's not good offense. I trust that Nash will have the ball the majority of the time.

Eg714
07-06-2012, 03:50 PM
Who has the better season? Nash or Kobe.

beliges
07-06-2012, 03:52 PM
I honestly don't think they will be much, if any better, they are just worse off defensively, and I am not sure how happy Kobe will be with the ball out of his hands and in the hands of a better playmaker, but then again, I don't know if Brown has the stones to tell Kobe to shut up and deal with it.

Will be interesting regardless. One thing is for sure, they have a better coach on the floor now then they do on the sidelines. That may help.

Not sure where all this criticism is coming from. I think Kobe has proved time and time again that he can adapt to playing any role he needs to in order to win. The fact that hes won more than any other player during his era is more than sufficient proof of this. I do not see any problems with Kobe letting Nash do his thing. Afterall, it has been widely reported that Kobe went out of his way to recruit Nash.

And lastly, its not like Fisher or Sessions were any better at defense than Nash was. Sure this acquisition does not make them any better defensively, but it makes them so much better offensively and such a better executing team that it is a significant plus. Does this put them as the favorites? Certainly not as teams like the Heat and the Thunder have substantially more talent. But it does indeed make them a much much better team than they were the last two years. They went from having one of the 5 worst starting PGs in the league to having one of the top 6 starting PGs in the league.

JesusWears24
07-06-2012, 03:53 PM
Why do all Knicks fans say this partenership will never work, but it will be intresting? This isnt Carmelo and Lin.. Kobe commands the ball just like carmelo, but the diffrence is that Kobe is smart, good, and not a baby like Carmelo. Jealousy has settled upon Knick fans

C_Mund
07-06-2012, 03:53 PM
Lol, Kobe was the one that heavily recruited him. I think he knows how t make it work. Only reason he's had the ball in his hands so much is simply because NOBODY else could handle it. We've had some of the worst point guards in the league the past couple years. When Odom played here, and was being his most effective, Kobe let him run the offense. Very similar situation to now.. Anyone who can actually handle the ball will handle the ball. Kobe gets frustrated having to keep the ball for 24 seconds only to throw up a last-second shot. He knows it's not good offense. I trust that Nash will have the ball the majority of the time.

Exactly. Nash is so good at getting in the lanes and confusing the defense. As long as he has finishers around the rim (PAU AND BYNUM) and a slasher/shooter (KOBE BEAN BRYANT) I'm sure he'll know what to do. Nash IS ball-dominant, but it's always with the intent of finding the easiest possible look for his teammates. Kobe will spend so much less energy on offense because he'll have shots created for him, all he has to do is finish. He knows this.

The Doctor
07-06-2012, 04:03 PM

Most non Lakers fans read box scores or watch Sportcenter highlights. I have had the pleasure of watching Kobe in almost EVERY single game of his career. ALMOST every minute. I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt he will have no problems with Nash. Kobe doesn't dominate the ball as much as people assume. Kobe mostly takes bad shots or takes over when and only when:

1) Lakers are losing and he is trying to bring them back.
2) After Gasol/insert player here etc fail to shoot and give it back to Kobe with 2 seconds on the shot clock.
3) He's on fire and its a heat check.

Kobe is about winning nothing else.

Shlumpledink
07-06-2012, 04:09 PM
It's been a long time since the lakers had a point guard who was talented and who actually had balls. Fisher had balls galore, but his talent was low. Smush Parker was talented but never had his testicles descend properly. Sessions had his testicles ascend in the playoffs and thought his game was best served as a spot up shooter who never shot (for those who don't know, its not his game). Tierre Brown, Chucky atkins. Who? Did they really exist? No one can say for certain. Steve Blake will actually shoot the ball, but he can't drive on a folding chair let alone a person who has the ability to move one way or the other.

Having another play maker who can beat someone off the dribble is going to help the Lakers offense so much, and Kobe. I don't know how many easy baskets it will lead to for Kobe, he is a good slasher and great at getting position under the basket, but there will be a lot more for everyone else. The big question is who do they have at small forward, because I believe that this is going to be where the open shots will come from. Defenses can't help off of Kobe or Nash, so the lakers need some depth at the 3. When I say depth I mean shooting talent, not barnes again and his famous sideline airballs.

dh144498
07-06-2012, 04:11 PM
Most non Lakers fans read box scores or watch Sportcenter highlights. I have had the pleasure of watching Kobe in almost EVERY single game of his career. ALMOST every minute. I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt he will have no problems with Nash. Kobe doesn't dominate the ball as much as people assume. Kobe mostly takes bad shots or takes over when and only when:

1) Lakers are losing and he is trying to bring them back.
2) After Gasol/insert player here etc fail to shoot and give it back to Kobe with 2 seconds on the shot clock.
3) He's on fire and its a heat check.

Kobe is about winning nothing else.

This. I think ever since the 2006 and 2007 seasons, Kobe have had an incredibly hard time trusting teammates completely in the crunch time.

Mr_Jones
07-06-2012, 04:12 PM
It's been a long time since the lakers had a point guard who was talented and who actually had balls. Fisher had balls galore, but his talent was low. Smush Parker was talented but never had his testicles descend properly. Sessions had his testicles ascend in the playoffs and thought his game was best served as a spot up shooter who never shot (for those who don't know, its not his game). Tierre Brown, Chucky atkins. Who? Did they really exist? No one can say for certain. Steve Blake will actually shoot the ball, but he can't drive on a folding chair let alone a person who has the ability to move one way or the other.

Having another play maker who can beat someone off the dribble is going to help the Lakers offense so much, and Kobe. I don't know how many easy baskets it will lead to for Kobe, he is a good slasher and great at getting position under the basket, but there will be a lot more for everyone else. The big question is who do they have at small forward, because I believe that this is going to be where the open shots will come from. Defenses can't help off of Kobe or Nash, so the lakers need some depth at the 3. When I say depth I mean shooting talent, not barnes again and his famous sideline airballs.

I agree

Shlumpledink
07-06-2012, 04:13 PM
Also, saying the Lakers are worse defensively is an exaggeration. Sessions sucks at defense, and we all saw that in the playoffs, and that was a step up from fisher. Sessions was matched up with sefolosha and was still getting beat off the dribble. Then on the other end he wasn't making the defense pay. Nash will make the defense respect him at the very least.

The only one played defense at the point guard position was steve freaking blake and he's steve freaking blake. The drop off from steve blake to steve nash isn't very much at all, and he's the best point guard defender the lakers have.

smith&wesson
07-06-2012, 04:15 PM
i think they'll figure it out. kobe will have to let nash do the majority of the ball handling bringing it up court and getting them into their offense. nash is soo good at distributing the ball and he has so many options now. kobe, bynum, and gasol will get some very good looks. and kobe will still have his iso possessions late in the clock or when he goes to work in the post. nash being such a great shooter helps alot to when kobe has the ball nash can be hovering around the 3 point arc.

also having those bigs protecting the rim will help nash on the defensive end against younger quicker point guards trying to get in the paint.

I agree.. well said.

NoahH
07-06-2012, 04:22 PM
Lol this backcourt is gonna get torched so much next season.

+1

Westbrook killed Sessions and Sessions is a better defender than Nash

The Doctor
07-06-2012, 04:29 PM
Also, saying the Lakers are worse defensively is an exaggeration. Sessions sucks at defense, and we all saw that in the playoffs, and that was a step up from fisher. Sessions was matched up with sefolosha and was still getting beat off the dribble. Then on the other end he wasn't making the defense pay. Nash will make the defense respect him at the very least.

The only one played defense at the point guard position was steve freaking blake and he's steve freaking blake. The drop off from steve blake to steve nash isn't very much at all, and he's the best point guard defender the lakers have.

I concur senor.

Kashmir13579
07-06-2012, 04:36 PM
If Kobe still wanted Iverson USG rates he wouldn't have asked Nash personally to come to LA. I personally can't wait to see these guys play together. I have a feeling we're going to see a transformed Kobe. Maybe i'll be able to finally start rooting for Kobe.

dh144498
07-06-2012, 04:38 PM
If Kobe still wanted Iverson USG rates he wouldn't have asked Nash personally to come to LA. I personally can't wait to see these guys play together. I have a feeling we're going to see a transformed Kobe. Maybe i'll be able to finally start rooting for Kobe.

exactly, im so excited!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D

beliges
07-06-2012, 04:44 PM
+1

Westbrook killed Sessions and Sessions is a better defender than Nash

Eh, not by much. Plus Lakers will give up much less points off TOs this season and become much more efficient offensively, which will definitively help their defense. Sessions was not a solid defender and Fisher was as bad as it got.

Bravo95
07-06-2012, 04:46 PM
It might take a while to figure it out, but if they all stay relatively healthy, the Lakers should be Top 5 in Offensive Efficiency. Nash draws the defense on PNR, Gasol on pick and pop, Bynum (a great finisher) as the roll man, Bryant (a great spot up shooter) on the weakside. Or throw it to unselfish passer Gasol in the post with Nash and Bryant spotting up outside. The only question is if MWP will keep up his second half improvement shooting or look terrible again. As the fifth option, he will get a lot of open looks -- more consistency from him could determine if they get back to the Finals.

Hawkeye15
07-06-2012, 05:45 PM
Not sure where all this criticism is coming from. I think Kobe has proved time and time again that he can adapt to playing any role he needs to in order to win. The fact that hes won more than any other player during his era is more than sufficient proof of this. I do not see any problems with Kobe letting Nash do his thing. Afterall, it has been widely reported that Kobe went out of his way to recruit Nash.

And lastly, its not like Fisher or Sessions were any better at defense than Nash was. Sure this acquisition does not make them any better defensively, but it makes them so much better offensively and such a better executing team that it is a significant plus. Does this put them as the favorites? Certainly not as teams like the Heat and the Thunder have substantially more talent. But it does indeed make them a much much better team than they were the last two years. They went from having one of the 5 worst starting PGs in the league to having one of the top 6 starting PGs in the league.

No, other players adapt to Kobe at this stage.

Again, I am interested to see what happens. I personally feel Mike Brown is arguably the worst offensive coach in the NBA, so I don't see a big upgrade in offensive efficiency, and the defense gets worse by the year as their backcourt ages.

Hawkeye15
07-06-2012, 05:47 PM

until I see Kobe not needing to lead the league in shot attempts because he wants to, I really have no opinion.

Did you just say you are going to start rooting for Kobe? Gross.

beliges
07-06-2012, 06:16 PM
No, other players adapt to Kobe at this stage.

Again, I am interested to see what happens. I personally feel Mike Brown is arguably the worst offensive coach in the NBA, so I don't see a big upgrade in offensive efficiency, and the defense gets worse by the year as their backcourt ages.

While Brown is a horrible coach offensively, having a PG like Nash guarantees a significant improvement offensively and it provides the team with another player that can create their own shot outside of Kobe. Lakers had zero shooters the last two seasons. While Nash's ability to handle the ball and facilitate will help this team improve by miles, his jump shooting ability is something that is being overlooked by many who are criticizing. The Lakers havent had a shooter of this caliber in a very very long time.