PDA

View Full Version : Are the Chicago Bulls truly committed to winning at all costs?

NYG 2000
07-04-2012, 08:29 PM
First things first this is not a troll or bait thread I'm a bulls fan. So let's get things started.

Are the Chicago Bulls truly committed to winning a championship at all costs? Over a year ago their owner said that he would be willing to pay the luxury tax and spend money as long as the team is contending. But at this point he hasn't kept his word

Currently 3 bulls players within guaranteed contacts are not expected to return :korver, Brewer and Watson. the latter of which could be starters on a few nba teams

Their free agent list includes going after 3 role players :

Courtney lee

Derek k fisher

And Kirk hinrich

None of which are major impact players that could help this team win a championship as currently constructed

RFA, omer asik may or may not return due to a large contractual increase in 2014

But all you hear from this team is that they will not be looking to make big moves and will stay the course and look to sign players for minimum deals

As a fan, it's hard to say this, but when you have a team that had peaked due to many circumstances:

No second option for derrick rose

3 average to role role players making doubk, digit salaries:Noah, deng, boozer

And aging players across the board. You would think the team would either be looking for to add either a young guy who could develop into a star(Tyreke evans who averaged 20,5,5 in his rookie season) or any other young piece who has talent , or a star veteran who is on the trading block(gasol) who could make this team actually have a fighters chance of beating Miami

When you gave teams like the heat, who have 3 stars and continue to add pieces for the mle to help their team (Battier, now allen)

And teams like the nets who seem to be sparing no expense at building a contending team

And the knicks who look like they will be players in free agency

All looking and making substantial improvements, while you stand still, do everything in your power to stay under the luxury tax and pray that derrick rose comes back 150% and can carry he load on his own as he tries to come back healthy and lead this overpaid mediocre roster to a title

Are you seriously trying to convince me that he only reason we lost to the sixers was because we lost rose and Joahim NOAH?

Was this not the 1st place team in the nba? Did Philly not have the nba's worst offense (and best defense might I add)?

Are you seriously going to sit on your hands while other teams improve and pray for the return of Rose? Even if rose comes back, he still has no #2 option He has to rely on 41% shooting(even prior to injury, check the game logs), Carlos boozer who didn't even step up when rose went down in the playoffs, Joahim noah who cannot play a full season and 35 a year old ricard hamilton?

My goodness, even the Brooklyn nets have more offensive weapons than the bulls.

But instead of trying to improve, being active in Jason Terry or Steve Nash or any other talented free agent who could have to Chicago for the mle, this team decides that Courtney Lee and Kirk hinrich should be the top targets

I think at this point, it's beyond obvious that roendsforf or whatever his name is Will do his best to keep this team competitive but not championship claibur as long as the luxury tax exists, while owners like mucky arison and mikail prokoroov spend away and make their teams better via free agency and trades

So the question is, do you think the bulls owner is truly committed to winning or is heading in the right direction?

xabial
07-04-2012, 08:32 PM
Without you telling me I know the Bulls owner is Notoriously known as being Cheap. Bulls Roster is still pretty talented regardless.

With that Said, I expect them to Match Asik, and Amnesty Boozer Year 3 of Asik's deal.

Bulls will always be considered headed towards the right direction, as long as this guy named Derrick Rose is on their team.

DR_1
07-04-2012, 08:45 PM
I apologize to the NBA forum, he does not represent us Bulls fans :facepalm:

chicago lulz
07-04-2012, 08:47 PM
Nice tags bruh

waveycrockett
07-04-2012, 08:48 PM
Who are the Bulls?

Linkels
07-04-2012, 08:56 PM
This guy isn't a Bulls fan.

bearadonisdna
07-04-2012, 09:01 PM
Bulls need to get on the horn and offer some vet minimum contracts.

Kyben36
07-04-2012, 09:04 PM
I dont understand what this means,

Just as a reference, the Knicks were a team that were win at all cost, when they had eddie curry, Stephon Marbury, Zack Randolph, and a ton of other severly over paid players, was their GM willing to win at all cost, yes, but thats not allways the way to go about it, with the luxury tax going from 1-1 to 1-2.5, alot of teams IMO will end up bing in finacial crisis.

The fact that the bulls arnt willing to pay 8+ mil for a guy who is coming off the bench would not surprise me, he also is an offensive house of Horors,

JasonJohnHorn
07-04-2012, 09:04 PM
It seems like over the years they have been putting and effort into winning. Siging Ben Wallace for more than he was worth, then spending their cap space on Boozer, knowing full well that they would be going over the cap to extend Rose's contract... they are spending more than most teams are.

NYG 2000
07-04-2012, 09:10 PM
It seems like over the years they have been putting and effort into winning. Siging Ben Wallace for more than he was worth, then spending their cap space on Boozer, knowing full well that they would be going over the cap to extend Rose's contract... they are spending more than most teams are.

I could certainly agree with this but it seems that now, that they are at the cusp of something, a new era, and star player that could lead them to a championship, they are deciding to cut costs acquire mediocre talent and focus on keeping the same roster while other teams are growing stronger

This team has 0 2nd option on offense, and when there available free agents who could provide a decent boost like Terry and nash, they look the other way and try to get options that are slightly cheaper like hinrich and Fisher and provide 0 to no impact on this roster as currently formed

In the past I don't believe they have touched he luxury either, sure they have overpaid and spent money but now that they are at the cusp of something big, it seems like it's time to cut costs

Yunqn
07-04-2012, 09:29 PM

This guy isn't a Bulls fan.

So this guy isnt a bulls fan because he doesnt think we make the moves to win a title? Hes right and you guys are just another set of people of overbelieve in our team..

If u guys believe we will win a title as constructed then keep hoping..you guys act like this roster is coming off back to back titles.. Thibs doesnt even trust boozer playing much and most nights sits joakim.. We need to change that and stop overvaluing our players because they look good on paper..

Rose needs help and not a bunch of 3rd options getting paid like 1st ones..

All he is saying is how we can fight our hardest and will have to get some luck to win title with this group and we constantly settle for less.. None of the guys we target can actually put us over the top..

The bulls have the most trade assests in the league imo.. Were just another tough top team but not actually the best team.. We need to change that if the windy city wants banner #7 ..

please dont give me regular season records..

Canterbury
07-04-2012, 09:32 PM
Coming off the ban and going right back to work.

Yunqn
07-04-2012, 09:38 PM
I dont understand what this means,

Just as a reference, the Knicks were a team that were win at all cost, when they had eddie curry, Stephon Marbury, Zack Randolph, and a ton of other severly over paid players, was their GM willing to win at all cost, yes, but thats not allways the way to go about it, with the luxury tax going from 1-1 to 1-2.5, alot of teams IMO will end up bing in finacial crisis.

The fact that the bulls arnt willing to pay 8+ mil for a guy who is coming off the bench would not surprise me, he also is an offensive house of Horors,

We will if we dont tweak the currently constructed team..

All we are asking for is a young running mate for rose .. Not 3 overpaid 3rd role guys.. Guys like deng and noah wouldnt look bad if we had a true 1st option besides rose..

imagesrdecievin
07-04-2012, 09:39 PM
Maybe the Bulls want to play it like the Spurs did the year the Admiral got hurt?

beardown78
07-04-2012, 09:43 PM
So this guy isnt a bulls fan because he doesnt think we make the moves to win a title? Hes right and you guys are just another set of people of overbelieve in our team..

If u guys believe we will win a title as constructed then keep hoping..you guys act like this roster is coming off back to back titles.. Thibs doesnt even trust boozer playing much and most nights sits joakim.. We need to change that and stop overvaluing our players because they look good on paper..

All he is saying is how we can fight our hardest and will have to get some luck to win title with this group and we constantly settle for less.. None of the guys we target can actually put us over the top..

The bulls have the most trade assests in the league imo.. Were just another tough top team but not actually the best team.. We need to change that if the windy city wants banner #7 ..

This
I think it's more of an indictment of GarPaxs unwillingness or ineptness to get creative and bring A legit number two scorer on this team. Where I do disagree is the assumption that Riensdorf is cheap when that is the furthest thing from the truth. I'm just wondering what our plan is going forth

justinnum1
07-04-2012, 09:44 PM
bulls are not far off, they are another star away from contending imo.

get upto that next level.

NYG 2000
07-04-2012, 09:46 PM

This
I think it's more of an indictment of GarPaxs unwillingness or ineptness to get creative and bring A legit number two scorer on this team. Where I do disagree is the assumption that Riensdorf is cheap when that is the furthest thing from the truth. I'm just wondering what our plan is going forth

Well it looks like we will play it safe and sign Lee or any other average role player who will take a contract from us and hope that rose can win on his own

effen5
07-04-2012, 09:47 PM
This

I am honestly confused by this. What exactly do you want this team to do? Did they not go after Bron, Wade, and Bosh a few years ago and had to settle for Boozer who people thought that he was going to be a legit second scorer? What do you want this team to do? And is what your asking realistic? There are two teams that has to agree....not just one.

Oh and strong thread backfire.

effen5
07-04-2012, 09:49 PM

We were contending last year before Rose tore his acl.

justinnum1
07-04-2012, 09:51 PM

true, but quite a few teams have stepped it up since then. and miami has 2 years of chemistry under their belt, okc has finals experience loss under their belt,...

effen5
07-04-2012, 09:53 PM
true, but quite a few teams have stepped it up since then. and miami has 2 years of chemistry under their belt, okc has finals experience loss under their belt,...

We were just as good if not better than Boston last year...if Boston took you to 7 games, so could have the Bulls not to mention the Bulls were STARTING to get healthy at the right time and that first game against the 6ers, the team was hitting on all cylinders specifically Rose...

A healthy Bulls team last year was absolutely nasty....its just that this team was healthy only a handful of games.

NYG 2000
07-04-2012, 09:54 PM

We won 1 game in a 7 game series vs Miami with rose shooting 25% from the field floor or whatever the number was, mainly due to no second option to pass to or create space for him

And here we are 2 years later with him injured and no 2nd option

Are he heat getting worse every year? Or should we pray for another bosh injury to have an punches chance at beating them or at least winning more than btan 1 game next Time around

Not to mention he Pacers nets and knicks have improved

beardown78
07-04-2012, 09:57 PM
I am honestly confused by this. What exactly do you want this team to do? Did they not go after Bron, Wade, and Bosh a few years ago and had to settle for Boozer who people thought that he was going to be a legit second scorer? What do you want this team to do? And is what your asking realistic? There are two teams that has to agree....not just one.

Oh and strong thread backfire.

My ideal situation would have been to move Deng prior to the draft to bring a good young prospect and A little cap relief even though we probably would have took A bad contract back as well at least we get A younger player to develop next to Rose and ease some of the scoring burden on him. Next season will more than likely be A lost year with the Rose injury so why not go younger and reload for another run in A few seasons when you can aminesty Boozer and have more cap room. As constructed this team if healthy would have a hard time beating Miami without a legit number 2 scorer

bearadonisdna
07-04-2012, 09:58 PM
We won 1 game in a 7 game series vs Miami with rose shooting 25% from the field floor or whatever the number was, mainly due to no second option to pass to or create space for him

Are he heat getting worse every year? Or should we pray for another bosh injury to have an punches chance at beating them or at least winning more than btan 1 game next Time around

Not to mention he Pacers nets and knicks have improvedWhere are the bulls supposed to get this econd option or number 1 option. There really isnt anyone available that is any better scoring than Boozer or Deng. BRB.

effen5
07-04-2012, 09:58 PM

Not to mention he Pacers nets and knicks have improved

Regular season means nothing....Heat fans know this. We swept the Heat in the regular season and the Heat won 4 straight against us....That playoff experience helps us alot and things would have been a lot different this year...the same way the Heat lost against Dallas, they learned from it, and finally got over the hump this year....same way OKC will learn from losing this year and will bring that experience over next year.

DaBear
07-04-2012, 10:01 PM
No major changes. I think they would have beat Miami and OKC with that roster. Miami definitely with Bosh hurt.

The OP is a pessimist.

justinnum1
07-04-2012, 10:01 PM
We were just as good if not better than Boston last year...if Boston took you to 7 games, so could have the Bulls not to mention the Bulls were STARTING to get healthy at the right time and that first game against the 6ers, the team was hitting on all cylinders specifically Rose...

A healthy Bulls team last year was absolutely nasty....its just that this team was healthy only a handful of games.

Boston was always the worst matchup for miami. Miami matches up great with chicago, we are able to make rose and inefficient scorer and totally disrupt your offense. if the bulls were healthy they dont win more than 2 games off miami imo.

effen5
07-04-2012, 10:02 PM
My ideal situation would have been to move Deng prior to the draft to bring a good young prospect and A little cap relief even though we probably would have took A bad contract back as well at least we get A younger player to develop next to Rose and ease some of the scoring burden on him. Next season will more than likely be A lost year with the Rose injury so why not go younger and reload for another run in A few seasons when you can aminesty Boozer and have more cap room. As constructed this team if healthy would have a hard time beating Miami without a legit number 2 scorer

Understood but also, there isn't a player in the draft that would have made an instant impact outside of the top 5 and would probably take years to develop. No player outside of the top five will probably be better then Deng either. And again both sides (teams) would have to agree on Deng's contract and with his injured wrist...were their actually LEGIT offers out there for Deng for picks/expiring? Highly unlikely.

effen5
07-04-2012, 10:03 PM
Boston was always the worst matchup for miami. Miami matches up great with chicago, we are able to make rose and inefficient scorer and totally disrupt your offense. if the bulls were healthy they dont win more than 2 games off miami imo.

Again...thats your opinion...my opinon says it goes 7 games.

NYG 2000
07-04-2012, 10:04 PM

Not to mention he Pacers nets and knicks have improvedWhere are the bulls supposed to get this econd option or number 1 option. There really isnt anyone available that is any better scoring than Boozer or Deng. BRB.

I'm not the gm that's up to garpax to figure out, players like Tyreke Gasol and ohers have been on the block for a while kle, why not make an offer?

And anyone could see that nash, Terry allen all types of players that may not be second options but provide some increased scoring would have been a solid addition to the team but they don't even take a passing glance at them all he while letting korver Watson and brewer, good bench pieces possibly walk

Atleast try and make some kind of substantial improvements, instead of going all out to cut the salary down to avoid paying taxes

effen5
07-04-2012, 10:07 PM
I'm not the gm that's up to garpax to figure out, players like Tyreke Gasol and ohers have been on the block for a while kle, why not make an offer?

And anyone could see that nash, Terry allen all types of players that may not be second options but provide some increased scoring would have been a solid addition to the team but they don't even take a passing glance at them all he while letting korver Watson and brewer, good bench pieces possibly walk

Atleast try and make some kind of substantial improvements, instead of going all out to cut the salary down to avoid paying taxes

How do you know we haven't made an offer? And picking up Tyrke and Gasol does not take us over the top...

Whose salary did we cut?

I didn't realize we traded Boozer, Deng, Noah, and Rose...

Sinestro
07-04-2012, 10:08 PM
To be honest if I owned the Bulls I wouldn't want the luxury tax this year, with Rose injured and more than likely not being 100% this year we wouldn't be title contenders, Butler can fill in for Brewer and League for Watson so why spend on them, Asik is a big question mark as to whether we will match, I don't see the Bulls wanting to pay him that much in his 3rd year unless they have a secret plan in place

beardown78
07-04-2012, 10:12 PM
Understood but also, there isn't a player in the draft that would have made an instant impact outside of the top 5 and would probably take years to develop. No player outside of the top five will probably be better then Deng either. And again both sides (teams) would have to agree on Deng's contract and with his injured wrist...were their actually LEGIT offers out there for Deng for picks/expiring? Highly unlikely.

Personally I think the Bulls FO are gonna reload in A few seasons when Deng will be an expiring and Possibly aminesty Boozer with Rose back at 100%. I just don't get people's misconception that Riensdorf is cheap when that's not true. The Bulls are totally committed to winning but for some strange reason Chicago isnt a preferred destination for free agents or stars looking to be traded

effen5
07-04-2012, 10:12 PM
and I love how he brought up Tyreke...a player that lost his job to Thomas with the Kings...

effen5
07-04-2012, 10:13 PM
Personally I think the Bulls FO are gonna reload in A few seasons when Deng will be an expiring and Possibly aminesty Boozer with Rose back at 100%. I just don't get people's misconception that Riensdorf is cheap when that's not true. The Bulls are totally committed to winning but for some strange reason Chicago isnt a preferred destination for free agents or stars looking to be traded

It's not true, OP's just frustrated because of the lack of moves by the FO when there isn't any moves out there that could help improve the Bulls substantially. (Outside of bringing Dwight Howard who won't sign an extention with the Bulls.)

bearadonisdna
07-04-2012, 10:20 PM

The fact of the matter is, the Bull already a have tentative decent starting five.
Watson was essentially replace by Teague.
Brewer is being replaced by Butler.
So no real loses there. And a cuts the salary down.

Bulls are likely to resign JL3 for the vet minimum so it wont count against their mid level exception.

justinnum1
07-04-2012, 10:21 PM
Again...thats your opinion...my opinon says it goes 7 games.

hopefully we find out sooner than later

effen5
07-04-2012, 10:23 PM
hopefully we find out sooner than later

Well we won't know now...last year was the year to do it....both teams will have much different teams in the next 2-3 years.

JordansBulls
07-04-2012, 10:43 PM
They are for winning if they don't have to be over the salary cap. I just think the Bulls put too much stock in role players instead of using those role players in trades for another star.

smiddy012
07-04-2012, 10:43 PM

Times in****ingfinity.

DR_1
07-04-2012, 11:25 PM

We are contenders

rubx3
07-05-2012, 12:01 AM
amazing post!! :clap:

I like the route okc took.
Right now the bulls have rose and a great coach.

DeyAce
07-05-2012, 12:10 AM
amazing post!! :clap:

I like the route okc took.
Right now the bulls have rose and a great coach.

This

fadedmario
07-05-2012, 12:18 AM
The Bulls situation reminds me of LeBron in Cleveland. They haven't built a very good team around Rose.

I know they were decent last year when he went down. But he's out for half the year (or more) - The Bulls might even be a lottery team this year.

Ladies Man
07-05-2012, 12:30 AM
Well what do you want the Bulls to do to "win at all cost?" Rose is barely play next year if not at all, the Bulls know next year is hopeless, so why spend money on guys now when your not going anywhere anyway. Its called being efficient and smart. I'm sorry to people who think we need to go do crazy trades, because its not happening. If you are a real fan you have to understand that Rose's recovery is more important than winning this year. Bulls will be back stronger than ever after this up coming season. Unfortunately we have to be patient.

DeyAce
07-05-2012, 12:33 AM
Rose will be back earlier than people think. If we can get a quality SG, veteran backup PG, and a big like Kaman, and if we go into the playoffs healthy watch out.

BcEuAbRsS
07-05-2012, 12:38 AM
Yes, the same Bulls that currently have 4 players making 10+ million and over the cap. Not trying? Yep...

BcEuAbRsS
07-05-2012, 01:09 AM
Rose will be back earlier than people think. If we can get a quality SG, veteran backup PG, and a big like Kaman, and if we go into the playoffs healthy watch out.

Um... You pitching in the 10 million for that?

BULLSFAN0810
07-05-2012, 04:58 AM
I say blow it up... I agree with thread maker. Get rose some running mates that complement his style...rebound, push it, lay up.. long athletic, types with skill.

NoChiInChamp
07-05-2012, 06:10 AM
Have you taken a look at the payroll of this roster? Four of the five starters will be making eight figures next year. The team doesn't have the cap room for a big free agent move, nor do they have the assets to unload for a second star (outside of Howard, who doesn't want to come here) that would make the team better. This isn't the time to panic; the foundation of the team is set with Derrick Rose and Tom Thibodeau's defensive system featuring Noah and Taj. I like what Gar is alluding to given the current situation; he constantly references the long term health of the team because he realizes that's where this organization's championship window is probably most realistic. This roster is a very good one, but it has its flaws. Those flaws won't be able to be corrected satisfactorily until Chicago is provided with some cap relief, which won't happen until Deng is a free agent (after 2013-14), a time when they can amnesty Boozer as well to actually gain significant space. Be patient. It's not like the team isn't trying to win. The front office just has its hands tied right now and is doing its best to strengthen a core that competed with the best when it was at full strength as an answer to the short term.

Lakersfan2483
07-05-2012, 07:29 AM
Chicago needs to add another superstar to play with Rose and until they do that, they won't beat a team like Miami in a 7 game series. They have the right mix of players that understand their roles and maximize their potential, however they need a true 2nd option that can aleviate some of the pressure Rose endures in terms of scoring and playmaking.

BURAKOBE
07-05-2012, 08:51 AM
Tanking and getting a top5 pick or so would be great for the Bulls, but the thing is, they can't tank that big. They have a mediocre roster outside of Rose and they probably can't get a lottary pick. And they have good but not great roster with Rose.

They have to get a low post scorer...

ccugrad1
07-05-2012, 08:53 AM
Yes, losing Rose hurts; any team that would lose its star is going to take a hit somewhere. But let's be honest, for those that talk about how "bad" this Bulls team is, keep in mind that they have been the #1 seed in the Eastern Conference the last two years (62-20 in the 1st year and 50-16 this past year). If the Bulls are healthy, this team is one of the top 3 or 4 teams in ALL of the NBA. I guess some people are seeing something about Chicago that I'm not when they say they are "bad" and need to blow up the team.

WestsideWalt
07-05-2012, 09:14 AM
I do think we're committed to winning but I feel the window has closed for this group. We as fans are the ultimate in being optimistic and they can tell us how great DRose's rehab is going but "I" honestly don't expect to see the same Derrick Rose until the 2013-2014 season. So in my opinion the 2012-2013 season is a wash. I say blow it up not because I thought this team was bad, I say blow it up because Rose's injury drastically changes everything as well. Miami did look vulnerable at times during this playoff run. Down 2-1 to Indiana with game 4 at Indy, down 3-2 to Boston with game 6 in Boston. But, they dug deep and won. I still don't think we had enough to beat them but we'll never know. We can say if Derrick doesn't get hurt, but Miami can say if Bosh doesn't get hurt, it's all speculation. If it wasn't a torn ACL for Derrick I'd be down with another run but since it is I say it's time to regroup. Derrick is young enough where we have that option. JMO.

effen5
07-05-2012, 09:30 AM
Yes, losing Rose hurts; any team that would lose its star is going to take a hit somewhere. But let's be honest, for those that talk about how "bad" this Bulls team is, keep in mind that they have been the #1 seed in the Eastern Conference the last two years (62-20 in the 1st year and 50-16 this past year). If the Bulls are healthy, this team is one of the top 3 or 4 teams in ALL of the NBA. I guess some people are seeing something about Chicago that I'm not when they say they are "bad" and need to blow up the team.

This...

and for the people saying blow up the team or they need to find Rose another option...

Please tell me...Who and how would you do it? And is it realistic? Its easier said than done people.

effen5
07-05-2012, 09:31 AM
The Bulls situation reminds me of LeBron in Cleveland. They haven't built a very good team around Rose.

I know they were decent last year when he went down. But he's out for half the year (or more) - The Bulls might even be a lottery team this year.

lol, this team is 100 times better then the team in cleveland....because this team isn't built around Lebron, its built around defense and rebounding.

And LOL at us being a lottery this year....thats not happening, especially the way this team plays on defense.

koreancabbage
07-05-2012, 09:38 AM
Cleveland was good but when you have contracts that hinder you from being flexible and you keep brining in role players. it gets hard for star players.

Rose could conceivably quit on the Bulls if they don't get him a star running mate after X amount of years.

effen5
07-05-2012, 09:42 AM
Cleveland was good but when you have contracts that hinder you from being flexible and you keep brining in role players. it gets hard for star players.

Rose could conceivably quit on the Bulls if they don't get him a star running mate after X amount of years.

I'd be absolutely shocked if Rose did something like that.

koreancabbage
07-05-2012, 09:43 AM
I'd be absolutely shocked if Rose did something like that.

me too

but sometimes it gets tiring to be a one man show and having a partner in crime won't hurt one bit

(well a partner that can take over a game when Rose is having a bad game)

beardown78
07-05-2012, 09:55 AM
I love Derrick Rose to death but if you think we're winning A title with ine elite scorer then you need you're head examined. Defense and rebounding can only take you so far, you need a legit number two scorer whom can create for himself of carry the offensive load at times. This is A different NBA now the days of one superstar surrounded by good role players are over. Every contending team has multiple scoring options. I'm not for breaking it up but tweaking the roster since next year is A wash.

beardown78
07-05-2012, 09:59 AM

I'm more concerned with him just burning out for having to carry the load every game. I think last season was a glimpse with the ticky tac injuries not the acl.

BURAKOBE
07-05-2012, 10:26 AM
This...

and for the people saying blow up the team or they need to find Rose another option...

Please tell me...Who and how would you do it? And is it realistic? Its easier said than done people.

of course it's easier said than done. But there is a GM there to do it. It's his job. For me, they should do all they can to get Dwight Howard. Rose+Howard means immediate championships. But it is too hard to get Howard because of his Brooklyn fantasy. Pau Gasol is 10* low post scorer anything bulls have. Luol Deng+cj watson, i think it's a done deal(I don't know about exact salaries of watson and deng but you get the idea).

I don't know, i love the bulls organization, they seem classy as far as i can tell, i hope they found Rose's Pippen without wasting his prime years.

effen5
07-05-2012, 10:44 AM
of course it's easier said than done. But there is a GM there to do it. It's his job. For me, they should do all they can to get Dwight Howard. Rose+Howard means immediate championships. But it is too hard to get Howard because of his Brooklyn fantasy. Pau Gasol is 10* low post scorer anything bulls have. Luol Deng+cj watson, i think it's a done deal(I don't know about exact salaries of watson and deng but you get the idea).

I don't know, i love the bulls organization, they seem classy as far as i can tell, i hope they found Rose's Pippen without wasting his prime years.

So we're trading Luol + CJ for Pau Gasol? So then we have Boozer, Gasol, and Taj on our team? Pau exactly wasn't great last year in the playoffs...FFS Boozer had better numbers then Pau last year in the playoffs. And lets say We do that trade, whose goign to start for LA? Deng or MTP?

BURAKOBE
07-05-2012, 11:00 AM
So we're trading Luol + CJ for Pau Gasol? So then we have Boozer, Gasol, and Taj on our team? Pau exactly wasn't great last year in the playoffs...FFS Boozer had better numbers then Pau last year in the playoffs. And lets say We do that trade, whose goign to start for LA? Deng or MTP?

I'm pretty sure luol starts for Lakers. Don't take my Pau suggestion as be all end all. It's just an example. Boozer having better numbers means nothing to me. Pau is a great low post scorer and better defender then Boozer. He was just the 3rd option here. Boozer is your second option and your 1st option missed the half of the season.

You are right about Pau's playoff performances tough. But things were messy in Lakerland,too.

ccugrad1
07-05-2012, 11:13 AM
I love Derrick Rose to death but if you think we're winning A title with ine elite scorer then you need you're head examined. Defense and rebounding can only take you so far, you need a legit number two scorer whom can create for himself of carry the offensive load at times. This is A different NBA now the days of one superstar surrounded by good role players are over. Every contending team has multiple scoring options. I'm not for breaking it up but tweaking the roster since next year is A wash.

Why is next year "A wash?" Even if Derrick Rose isn't there for an extended period of time, the team we have right now is good enough to make the playoffs; and I would go so far as to say a 4 or 5 seed.

And you say the Bulls don't have multiple scoring options: Deng and Boozer added over 15 PPG. Alot of teams in the NBA would be thrilled to have that from their #2 and #3 options. Not every team in the NBA is going to have a Durant and Westbrook or Lebron Wade, and Bosh.

justinnum1
07-05-2012, 11:16 AM
Why is next year "A wash?" Even if Derrick Rose isn't there for an extended period of time, the team we have right now is good enough to make the playoffs; and I would go so far as to say a 4 or 5 seed.

And you say the Bulls don't have multiple scoring options: Deng and Boozer added over 15 PPG. Alot of teams in the NBA would be thrilled to have that from their #2 and #3 options. Not every team in the NBA is going to have a Durant and Westbrook or Lebron Wade, and Bosh.

thats what its looking like it will take to get to the finals tho

DRose01
07-05-2012, 11:29 AM
This shows the Bulls need to get creative. Nash said a week ago he wouldn't play for the lakers and couldn't see himself there, now hes a Laker. Kobe gave him a phone call and they teamed up. Dwight as impressionable as he is, Bulls could talk him into it. Rose needs to start recruiting ppl to come play with him. He's been pretty passive about getting others to join him. I feel if Rose and Boozer (Dwight's friend) give him a call, he could ponder it. If the Bulls don't start getting into these talks for star players, they'll be left in the dust with their so called assets. Plus all these good teams making moves are over the cap so I really dont see cap issues as big a problem as it is if you're serious about winning.

justinnum1
07-05-2012, 11:42 AM
bulls front office gets to attached to their players. Thats cool and all but they need to realize a move needs to be made. its as if they are content not winning as long as their guys give it their all.

Hoopin&Swoopin
07-05-2012, 11:45 AM
thats what its looking like it will take to get to the finals tho

Not necessarily. Ex.) 2011 Dallas Mavericks.

justinnum1
07-05-2012, 11:46 AM
Not necessarily. Ex.) 2011 Dallas Mavericks.

a lot has changed since then.

Hoopin&Swoopin
07-05-2012, 11:49 AM

True, but we saw teams like San Antonio and Boston come awfully close without following the Miami, LAL, OKC blueprint.

I could still see a healthy Chicago team making a run.

cubbies7177
07-05-2012, 12:06 PM
This

yeah, i think a lot of us are just frustrated...

we need 1 more solid piece... but have no money to get it
we need to make 1 more trade.... but no one values our assets
we need 1 more vet to come here for cheap... but they all go to LAL/NYK/MIA/etc...

it's sad. our FO has tried. as much as i was hating on them before, they tried to get LBJ/DWade/Bosh. Even one of those, and we might be on top of the league, but they already pre-arranged it. there was nothing we could do...

MY MAIN CONCERN is that 1. FA's don't want to come to chicago cause its not pretty and nice all the time and 2. not that our FO is cheap, but they are just terrible salesmen. its part of their job to convince players to join the bulls.... and they aren't good at that... or at least thats what it seems like

hope the bears are good this year... cubs/bulls failing me so hard right now lol

nicegoing
07-05-2012, 12:10 PM
They had the best record in the league last year, and the year before. Their best player is injured. They can easily sign Courtney Lee at SG and be right back at the top once Rose comes back. They don't necessarily need a "legit number two scorer" when they have so many talented players who can pick up the slack on any given night to compliment Rose.

cubbies7177
07-05-2012, 12:10 PM
This shows the Bulls need to get creative. Nash said a week ago he wouldn't play for the lakers and couldn't see himself there, now hes a Laker. Kobe gave him a phone call and they teamed up. Dwight as impressionable as he is, Bulls could talk him into it. Rose needs to start recruiting ppl to come play with him. He's been pretty passive about getting others to join him. I feel if Rose and Boozer (Dwight's friend) give him a call, he could ponder it. If the Bulls don't start getting into these talks for star players, they'll be left in the dust with their so called assets. Plus all these good teams making moves are over the cap so I really dont see cap issues as big a problem as it is if you're serious about winning.

THIS.

exactly how i felt about the nash trade... if anything, i am just more impressed that LAL FO got Nash to go there when he had openly said - a week ago - that he couldn't see him playing there..

THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. The Bulls FO does not sell this team at all. we have heart, incredible team, incredible coach, INCREDIBLE city (yes... all you west coasters/mia ppl can suck it.. chi doesnt have the best weather, but its an amazing sports town that just has a nice culture to it)....

i seriously want to go apply for a job at the bulls FO... has anyone tried to apply for a job at their respective team's FO?? would be very curious.. i was even thinking that it would be awesome to apply to a terrible team like the bobcats, and be a part of their rise

cubbies7177
07-05-2012, 12:13 PM
They had the best record in the league last year, and the year before. Their best player is injured. They can easily sign Courtney Lee at SG and be right back at the top once Rose comes back. They don't necessarily need a "legit number two scorer" when they have so many talented players who can pick up the slack on any given night to compliment Rose.

I think its quite obvious that in the PLAYOFFS, you do need a dependable #2 scorer.

i wish deng + boozer could combine to become a legit #2, but to be honest, boozer disappears when we need him, and deng is mostly just a 3pt shooter now with his wrist injury....

we have talent, but its getting old.. neither of them are legit #2 scorers in the playoffs. deng, boozer, noah are all solid #3 scorers on a championship team IMO.... which is why a lot of bulls fans have called for trading 1 or even 2 of them in order to cultivate young talent, who could become a solid #2 scorer for the future...

StarvingKnick22
07-05-2012, 12:15 PM

if your a bulls fan, why do you have warriors in your sig?

nicegoing
07-05-2012, 12:16 PM
if your a bulls fan, why do you have warriors in your sig?
It`s his sim league team. If you`re a Knicks fan why do you have Chris Paul in you avatar? He plays for the Clippers.

BcEuAbRsS
07-05-2012, 12:22 PM
bulls front office gets to attached to their players. Thats cool and all but they need to realize a move needs to be made. its as if they are content not winning as long as their guys give it their all.

How do you come to that conclusion? They went after Wade, Lebron, Bosh and Joe Johnson... They missed on the big guys and had to settle for Boozer whom was the second tier of free agents that year... They have explored a Howard trade... To say they haven't tried is uninformed...

justinnum1
07-05-2012, 12:31 PM
How do you come to that conclusion? They went after Wade, Lebron, Bosh and Joe Johnson... They missed on the big guys and had to settle for Boozer whom was the second tier of free agents that year... They have explored a Howard trade... To say they haven't tried is uninformed...

Did they make any trades last deadline? they could have traded bogans for someone...

Since a lot of free agents just dont want to go to chicago they need to make a move imo.

beardown78
07-05-2012, 12:42 PM

This, That's all I'm saying is the FO needs to get creative instead of falling in love with players. That's what separates solid gms from great gms, you have to make unpopular risky moves at times not always the safe ones or none at all. Miami is just as good of A defensive team as us but what separates them is they have three guys whom can create shots for themselves and put up points in bunches. Again if you think this team is good enough to beat the contenders in the league in A 7 games series without a bonafide scorer besides Rose your kidding yourselves

effen5
07-05-2012, 12:46 PM
Did they make any trades last deadline? they could have traded bogans for someone...

Since a lot of free agents just dont want to go to chicago they need to make a move imo.

Who the **** wants Bogans?

We tried trading for Mayo, Grizz FO/Owner hates the bulls and screws us every time IE Pau Gasol...

We tried trading for Rip

I mean seriously....some of you guys are uninformed.

BcEuAbRsS
07-05-2012, 12:47 PM

Bogans? That's your mighty example? What does Bogans get you? Kwame Brown, if that? And what trade would make them better? They were the best regular season team two seasons in a row, what would of made them better? Howard would, but without an extension in place you want them to risk blowing up a legit contender mid season? They felt they could win with this group, the thing is that only one team can win a year. No different than the Heat losing last year. Why weren't they more committed to winning and making a trade at the deadline? Why didn't they make make changes in the offseason? They didn't change the roster because they felt they could win with the group they had. The Bulls have been an elite team the past two seasons, it didn't net a championship so that means they didn't try in your mind. That's awfully short-sided.

beardown78
07-05-2012, 12:48 PM

Next year is A wash because you're kidding yourself if you think Rose is going to comeback midseason at best as his usual explosive pre injury self. I never said the Bulls don't have multiple scoring options they have inconsistent scoring options whom can't create or take over a portion of a game offensively if needed and please don't throw Boozer in there he's nothing but A jump shooting 4. The same guy who went 1-11 for three points when we needed him most.

WestsideWalt
07-05-2012, 12:56 PM

True, but we saw teams like San Antonio and Boston come awfully close without following the Miami, LAL, OKC blueprint.

I could still see a healthy Chicago team making a run.

That's a big if.

Hoopin&Swoopin
07-05-2012, 01:00 PM
That's a big if.

Most defintely. I'm just trying to refute the point that you need a "big three" or whatever you'd like to call it to win an NBA championship.

WestsideWalt
07-05-2012, 01:23 PM
That's a big if.

Most defintely. I'm just trying to refute the point that you need a "big three" or whatever you'd like to call it to win an NBA championship.

It can be done but it doesn't happen often. I think most championship teams always kinda had a big three we just weren't calling it that. Even our beloved Bulls dynasty kinda had a big three (Mike, Scottie, Horace) & (Mike, Scottie, Dennis).

BcEuAbRsS
07-05-2012, 01:25 PM
I love how Justin just gives up on things when he knows he's wrong and has no argument. Another crap poster that has no basis to half the crap he says.

Gritz
07-05-2012, 01:33 PM
You know it's a troll thread when the first words state that it isn't

Gritz
07-05-2012, 01:33 PM
I love how Justin just gives up on things when he knows he's wrong and has no argument. Another crap poster that has no basis to half the crap he says.

How else do you get a million posts that fast lol

JordansBulls
09-28-2012, 02:21 PM
After this offseason it doesn't seem like the Bulls are. They have shedded a lot of salary for lesser players and put a hard cap on themselves.