PDA

View Full Version : Nets DONT have a hard cap/DWill was "very close" to leaving

JerseyPalahniuk
07-04-2012, 06:35 PM
http://www.netsdaily.com/2012/7/4/3137665/nets-get-teletovic-with-tax-payer-mle-leaves-door-open-for-howard

Forget what has been written about the Nets having a hard cap, keeping them from being able to acquire Dwight Howard in a sign-and-trade. That was based on reports that Mirza Teletovic had reached an agreement for the full mid-level exception or $5 million.

He didn't.

"With this constraint aside, a potential Howard trade wouldn't be the only benefit," John Hollinger writes. "The Nets wouldn't be constrained in what they can offer free agents Kris Humphries and Brook Lopez, so New Jersey would then be a heavy favorite to keep both and, in Howard's absence, send out a potent starting five of Deron Williams, Joe Johnson, Gerald Wallace, Humphries and Lopez."

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/8130491/jason-kidd-says-deron-williams-was-very-close-joining-dallas-mavericks

"Hopefully he comes out and tells his story of how he did it and how he decided, but I thought he was very close to going to Dallas," Kidd said. "People will be very shocked to hear that or say I'm just saying that, but he really, truly, I think, wanted to play at home. That was one of his ideas, playing at home, but it just didn't work out this time around."

Williams, the prized free agent, was said to be torn between re-signing with the Brooklyn-bound Nets, a move he finds exciting, or playing near friends and family for his hometown Mavericks alongside superstar Dirk Nowitzki.

Kidd, who spent much of last week playing golf with Williams in New York, said the point guard ultimately was impressed with the roster upgrades Nets general manager Billy King pulled off this week. King traded for Atlanta Hawks All-Star shooting guard Joe Johnson without giving up emerging guard MarShon Brooks, re-signed Gerald Wallace and added promising 6-foot-9 Bosnian forward Mirza Teletovic.

Rumors also persisted that the Nets were still involved in trade talks to pry Dwight Howard from the Orlando Magic.

Meanwhile, the Mavs had yet to make a roster move and reports surfaced that sixth man Jason Terry was nearing a three-year agreement to join the Boston Celtics.

"Honestly, it came down to the roster," Kidd said. "Brooklyn made moves that improved the roster dramatically, and he saw things were going that way. That would be my opinion from looking on the outside. He felt that if Dirk goes down he's sitting with himself."

Evolution23
07-04-2012, 06:35 PM
who cares? he stayed.

yanksrock
07-04-2012, 06:40 PM
Sigh

Donuts365
07-04-2012, 06:42 PM
thats the truth its not like we all was bling while he was makin his decision mavs gon be **** next yr if they dnt build a team which they said their not gonna do waitin on cp3 and howard next yr

Donuts365
07-04-2012, 06:43 PM
if cuban keep chasing stars every yr while dirk decline it will be sad to see

waveycrockett
07-04-2012, 06:56 PM
:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

GoPacers33
07-04-2012, 06:57 PM
Who gives a ****

jrm2054
07-04-2012, 07:09 PM
close but he didnt so who cares he is in BK for 5 years

JerseyPalahniuk
07-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Who gives a ****

A team that already has 3 All-Stars now have enough financial flexibility to re-sign two of the promising big men in the league in Humphries and Lopez and/or trade for the best center in the league. There is another thread with 5 pages about how the Nets just got huge contracts and will have no cap room. Just because it's a good thing for the Nets means it should be ignored? There were atleast 5 threads about Dwill's decision all year. Before last two weeks or so almost all were Dwill leaving. Now that we hear about what went on in the decisicion it should be ignored? It seems pretty thread worthy to me.

Billy King has proven himself yet again. Where are the Billy King haters now? And don't tell me there aren't any because that's all I've seen the last year from PSD. That he wouldn't be able to pull anything off after the Wallace trade.

quiksilver2491
07-04-2012, 07:15 PM
If you don't care then why post and complain? Are you really THAT bored?

GrumpyOldMan
07-04-2012, 07:32 PM
That's different than the report I read earlier that said the full MLE was used in the signing. That's great news for the Nets. Their D12 dream is still alive.

fadedmario
07-04-2012, 07:36 PM
Who gives a ****?

NYtilIdie
07-04-2012, 07:41 PM
Who gives a ****?

joseph aka Jman
07-04-2012, 07:42 PM
So many Nets threads Jesus H

bholly
07-04-2012, 07:46 PM
Surprised at all the people who don't care. The Teletovic MLE thing is huge. I still don't think they get Dwight - someone else will offer more - but this makes it possible.

sunsfan88
07-04-2012, 07:49 PM
I just counted and there are 9 threads about the Brooklyn Nets in the first page of the "NBA" forum.

Has Miami, NY or even Chicago ever gotten this kind of recognition?

waveycrockett
07-04-2012, 07:53 PM
Who gives a ****?

Dude we are probably going to get D12. Dont poo poo that

knicksfan42
07-04-2012, 07:58 PM
The Nets still can't outright sign Howard, he has to be traded there by the Magic.

knicksfan42
07-04-2012, 07:59 PM
I just counted and there are 9 threads about the Brooklyn Nets in the first page of the "NBA" forum.

Nothing to do with recognition, Nets fans just making threads.

fadedmario
07-04-2012, 08:06 PM

9 threads about an average team.

King41
07-06-2012, 04:14 PM
^^

JerseyPalahniuk
07-06-2012, 04:24 PM
^^

Dude this was the 2nd or 3rd page. Why'd you have to bump it? Still mad about the Mavs?

King41
07-06-2012, 04:27 PM
i was on holiday and yes maybe but it is what it is

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-06-2012, 04:34 PM
uh oh