PDA

View Full Version : Hawes agrees with Philly on 2 year extension 13M

joeystats
07-04-2012, 03:35 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA
Reply Retweet Favorite ·More
Free agent center Spencer Hawes has reached agreement on a two-year, $13M-plus extension with Philadelphia, league sources tell Y! Sports.

https://twitter.com/#!/WojYahooNBA

bbuss
07-04-2012, 03:40 PM
they will never learn

Korman12
07-04-2012, 03:41 PM
Ungoddamn real.

The only people in the US that like Spencer Hawes as a player is this organization. He's right, they'll never, ever learn.

black1605
07-04-2012, 03:44 PM
Seems like a fair deal to me.

Korman12
07-04-2012, 03:44 PM
I hate the Sixers FO so ****ing much.

PhillyFaninLA
07-04-2012, 03:45 PM
2 yrs 13 mil....6.5 mil a season is actually not bad money for him. He is soft but at only 6.5 mil I'm ok with this, I was afraid he'd get 10 mil.

xPhillies08WSCx
07-04-2012, 03:46 PM
:facepalm:... Not too happy about it but for 2 years at 6.5 - 7 mil a year it's not too bad and an easy contract to move if they wanted.

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-04-2012, 03:46 PM
Don't see anything wrong with this. He's better than DeAndre Jordan who makes like $10M a yr.

Avenged
07-04-2012, 03:48 PM
Good extension imo. He had a good season, although those injuries are a killer.

llemon
07-04-2012, 03:48 PM
Humph could fill in the rebounding void next to Hawes.

Lavoy, Humph and Hawes doesn't sound like a bad bigman rotation.

joeystats
07-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Don't see anything wrong with this. He's better than DeAndre Jordan who makes like $10M a yr.

This

Hawes started the season averaging like 13 and 13 or 12 and 12 before he got hurt, kid can ball, I wanted the Lakers to take a look at him

JWO35
07-04-2012, 03:52 PM
Not that bad compared to the others..but I don't think he's with 6.5mil

DaddyCool
07-04-2012, 03:53 PM
This

Hawes started the season averaging like 13 and 13 or 12 and 12 before he got hurt, kid can ball, I wanted the Lakers to take a look at him

Stats are deceiving. I hate this as a Sixer fan. All he does is take 18 foot jumpers. He has no toughness in the paint and sucks at defense (Why KG kept exploding in the playoffs against the Sixers when Lavoy Allen wasn't guarding him), and is a mediocre rebounder for his size. Though, what the hell, it's only two years and the Sixers aren't going to do anything during these 2 years remotely close to contending, so why the **** not. I just pray to god, Lou Williams leaves. I want his 30% usage rating out of my sight. If I see him in a Sixer jersey again, dribbling the air out of the ball for 20 seconds before chucking some fade away 3 I will strangle something.

xPhillies08WSCx
07-04-2012, 03:55 PM

Truth!

joeystats
07-04-2012, 03:59 PM
Stats are deceiving. I hate this as a Sixer fan. All he does is take 18 foot jumpers. He has no toughness in the paint and sucks at defense (Why KG kept exploding in the playoffs against the Sixers when Lavoy Allen wasn't guarding him), and is a mediocre rebounder for his size. Though, what the hell, it's only two years and the Sixers aren't going to do anything during these 2 years remotely close to contending, so why the **** not. I just pray to god, Lou Williams leaves. I want his 30% usage rating out of my sight. If I see him in a Sixer jersey again, dribbling the air out of the ball for 20 seconds before chucking some fade away 3 I will strangle something.

Lol, at least its only 2 yrs like you said, he's young and Collins can help him grow, it was really his first decent year so you never know, besides lebron didn't play defense till his 8th and 9th year in the league lol

xabial
07-04-2012, 04:15 PM
You can't teach height.. Even if their soft.

I like Hawes for 6.5 a year. Not overpaying at all.

gilly
07-04-2012, 04:20 PM
He's not a trade chip: who's taking a soft center who plays minus amounts of D earning 6.5m a year?

The Sixers are addicted to being mediocre.

allknowing
07-04-2012, 05:45 PM
Somebody please tell me what Roy Hibbert does TWICE as great as Hawes ?......waiting ???
Not a God Damn thing. In fact Hawes can stretch the floor as where Hibbert can't. And Hawes is an even better rebounder then the softer then Tissue Hibbert. And yet Idiots here think Hibbert is the next greatest thing as a Center....Ridiculous.

popo85
07-04-2012, 05:57 PM
Atleast the years are low, soft center who can hardly rebound or play offense in the low post was easily one of the worst players in the Boston series.

allknowing
07-04-2012, 06:12 PM
Atleast the years are low, soft center who can hardly rebound or play offense in the low post was easily one of the worst players in the Boston series.

Hawes was less then 50 % healthy for that series, which was why he was removed alot later in the series. As for not a good rebounder...please Hommie check the numbers.....Hawes is as good or even BETTER then Bynum as a Rebounder......Straight..........Butter.........BA BY!!

popo85
07-04-2012, 06:17 PM
Hawes was less then 50 % healthy for that series, which was why he was removed alot later in the series. As for not a good rebounder...please Hommie check the numbers.....Hawes is as good or even BETTER then Bynum as a Rebounder......Straight..........Butter.........BA BY!!

This guy has never avg more then 7 rebounds in a season homerism at its finest, so you check the numbers and LMAO at him being a better rebounder then Bynum do me a favor get league pass and watch the games thats why Philly fans are displeased with his signing.

SeoulBeatz
07-04-2012, 06:19 PM
this is the worst....

allknowing
07-04-2012, 06:20 PM
This guy has never avg more then 7 rebounds in a season homerism at its finest, so you check the numbers and LMAO at him being a better rebounder then Bynum do me a favor get league pass and watch the games thats why Philly fans are displeased with his signing.

Hawes...7.4 Rebounds a game in 24 minutes. Bynum, 11.4 in 36 minutes a game.....give Hawes the EXACT same PT...Hawes averages 11.5 Rebounds a game. Are we LEARNING yet my Gangsta " Crips " Mother-Falker!!! ???:facepalm:

SeoulBeatz
07-04-2012, 06:20 PM
You can't teach height.. Even if their soft.

I like Hawes for 6.5 a year. Not overpaying at all.

can't teach toughness either, and Spence is the softest C in the league.

We benched him in favor of our 2nd round rookie Lavoy Allen in the playoffs. I think that says enough.

popo85
07-04-2012, 06:23 PM
Hawes...7.4 Rebounds a game in 24 minutes. Bynum, 11.4 in 36 minutes a game.....give Hawes the EXACT same PT...Hawes averages 11.5 Rebounds a game. Are we LEARNING yet my Gangsta " Crips " Mother-Falker!!! ???:facepalm:

LMAO poor Philly fans, you should wear a bag at the games do them a favor

Swashcuff
07-04-2012, 06:31 PM
If Allknowing is a Philly fan he doesn't represent any other 76er fan with the absolute garbage posts he has made in this thread relative to Hawes v Bynum

popo85
07-04-2012, 06:33 PM
If Allknowing is a Philly fan he doesn't represent any other 76er fan with the absolute garbage posts he has made in this thread relative to Hawes v Bynum

I know i meant poor Philly fans have to deal with his posts at there forum lol.

Swashcuff
07-04-2012, 06:40 PM
Our issue isn't the amount of money Hawes received its the fact that Hawes isn't a starting calibre C in the NBA and not only is he going to be paid as such but he's COMING BACK. This now means that our organization is going to continue going in the direction that we don't think really makes any sense.

Who knows Spencer Hawes can break out next season and become one of the best signings in years but in all likeliness that isn't going to happen.

Knowledge
07-04-2012, 07:05 PM
Dumb move. This is a move you make when you are close to a championship and need solid players to fill out your roster, not when you are the 8th seed in the east.

More-Than-Most
07-04-2012, 07:15 PM
Not a Hawes guy and I did not want him back for what I thought we would pay him but this is a very good deal...I thought he was going to get much more cash and more years...Really nice deal