PDA

View Full Version : WOJ:Knicks front runners to land Nash

Pages : [1] 2 3

waveycrockett
07-04-2012, 01:06 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski
‏@WojYahooNBA

Following

The Knicks have emerged as frontrunners to land Steve Nash in a sign-and-trade deal, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Woj reporting it so you know this **** is going down

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/220563698551496704

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

NY package would include Iman Shumpert, Toney Douglas and likely 3 low money players to get Nash salary needed to close gap on Toronto offer

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Knicks, Suns are in the critical stages of discussions on a sign-and-trade deal that would pay Nash $27M-$30M over 3 years, sources tell Y!

koreancabbage
07-04-2012, 01:08 PM
please just S&T him for Shu.

I would love to see how the Knicks GM is going to build that bench. i wanna see how creative he will be.

Kashmir13579
07-04-2012, 01:08 PM
Toronto may come out of this looking like the worst FO in the NBA by far.

$KnicksAndKobe$
07-04-2012, 01:10 PM
Shump :cry:

godolphins
Why would they trade away Shump? That would be a bad move.

waveycrockett
Damn 5 players including Shump? lol

godolphins
Adrian Woj
NY package would include Iman Shumpert, Toney Douglas and likely 3 low money players to get Nash salary needed to close gap on Toronto offer

koreancabbage

its the only logical piece that the Suns would want.

Tqafg96
07-04-2012, 01:11 PM
Please trade any one but Shumpert. After Nash, Amare, Melo and Chandler begin to regress we will turn into the dark ages Knicks again.

koreancabbage
07-04-2012, 01:12 PM

shu is going to be solid in Pho if this true.

NY just tore their whole team apart from having a lot of good role players to having no role players.

this is the worst asset managed team out there.

J4KOP99
07-04-2012, 01:13 PM
Who the hell do the knicks get after this for the bench?

And their perimeter defense will be pretty ****ing bad. Heat will toy with them. I would honestly rather sign Kidd instead of trading for Nash... Kidd can still D up a little, has nice size, and is obviously just as good a passer. It's not like the Knicks badly need scoring from the PG position. Kidd would add at least 5 points a game on passes alone.

30 mil for 3 years for Nash, I'd say hell no.

meloman1592
I'd rather keep Shump and sign Kidd

310Casper
such a bad move if they lose shump. wow

mgsports
They are trying to get a 3 team in it so maybe Rockets or Magic or Lakers or Hawks.

waveycrockett
$10 Million per year on Nash

J4KOP99
07-04-2012, 01:14 PM
And with Kidd, you obviously don't lose Shumpert or anyone else.

dodgersuck
lol Tony Douglas is garbage. Losing Shump would hurt the knicks though

Punk
please just S&T him for Shu.

I would love to see how the Knicks GM is going to build that bench. i wanna see how creative he will be.

We'll retain JR Smith by our own power, re-sign Novak with bird rights with our own power and match any Lin offer with our own power.

WITH 3 million MLE and vet minimum deals which seem to be linked to Kidd, Lewis, Camby, Foye all interested.

We just signed James White on a cheap contract similar to BK's deal with Gerald Green last season and a better option than Landry Fields.

Your loving it yet?

zB_#85
So NY getting Nash and Kidd? They better start buying Depends and Ensure in bulk.

IU Hoosiers 3
i want nash badly..would be a shame to lose shump but i feel like you have to make that deal

shep33
Ah man, I love Shump + Chandler's intensity

justinnum1
07-04-2012, 01:15 PM
shump's knee exploded, who knows how he will return. Only person on the knicks that plays defense tho will be chandler, cant see them getting key stops when they need to against elite opponents. trade melo for iggy and they i would say the knicks are a legit threat to miami

RC3
07-04-2012, 01:15 PM
At least knicks would have the 3 million mid level to sign somebody. I'm going to miss shump. He is going to be a great player for the suns.

NYK|NYY
07-04-2012, 01:16 PM
We'll retain JR Smith by our own power, re-sign Novak with bird rights with our own power and match any Lin offer with our own power.

WITH 3 million MLE and vet minimum deals which seem to be linked to Kidd, Lewis, Camby, Foye all interested.

We just signed James White on a cheap contract similar to BK's deal with Gerald Green last season and a better option than Landry Fields.

Your loving it yet?

Love Punk, lol

koreancabbage
not liking that Nash is going to NY, but Raps still F'd up the Knicks on this one.

Only way to redeem this team is if they trade Melo for someone else's team' role players.

i.e. Houston. lots of assets to throw around. i.e. Martin/ Scola and all their bigs they have lol

godolphins
its the only logical piece that the Suns would want.

I know the Suns want him but I don't think the Knicks should trade him away. That guy has the potential to become a great defender. Who's going to guard LeBron or Wade, Paul Pierce, Derrick Rose, Joe Johnson or Deron Williams? They're about to trade away their best perimeter defender.

nycericanguy
Knicks would still have the MLE to go after someone, and they can resign Lin, Novak, JR & Jeffries.

I want them to go after Delonte West if they lose Shump. Or maybe even Randy Foye.

Lets be real, Shump messed up his knee real bad, and even when healthy he never stopped Wade or Kobe, or the true superstars.

LongIslandIcedZ
07-04-2012, 01:17 PM
I read before that they are trying to get a third team involved so they can keep Shump. I dont quite understand if its even a little possible, but interesting nonetheless.

waveycrockett
Lol Your funny.

Your loving it yet?

None of those guys ever said they would take the Vet min to play for NY. J.Kidd wants the MLE

jon32
if the knicks and nash have agreed why dont they holed off for 3 days so that the raptors dont find out and back outta the fields deal and they save the money .....as screw the raptors over for trying to screw them

Chacarron
07-04-2012, 01:18 PM
If I am the Knicks I don't do this sign-and-trade, Shump is going to be a solid player for years to come. Just re-sing Lin and sign Kidd to mentor him.

Tom Stone
07-04-2012, 01:18 PM
If Nash chooses knicks......he will become my enemy........Jonas Val will make him regret it........even with out Nash we will be a surprise team next year..........
I look forward to knocking him out of playoffs.....

nycericanguy
07-04-2012, 01:19 PM
None of those guys ever said they would take the Vet min to play for NY. J.Kidd wants the MLE

well knicks still have the MLE... why is everything you post always wrong?

You're like some form of bizzaro world where everything is reversed.

metsfanssince05
This is ****ing stupid. Just keep on giving big contracts to players and losing young players. This management is horrendous. If we lose Lin & Shumpert I'm going to be following the Hornets (not that anyone cares) until they get back on track.

TeamSeattle
If Nash chooses knicks......he will become my enemy........Jonas Val will make him regret it........even with out Nash we will be a surprise team next year..........
I look forward to knocking him out of playoffs.....

You add Landry Fields and your making the playoffs? Did you not see your record last year

justinnum1
07-04-2012, 01:20 PM

NY just tore their whole team apart from having a lot of good role players to having no role players.

Sure is.

And their perimeter defense will be pretty ****ing bad. Heat will toy with them. I would honestly rather sign Kidd instead of trading for Nash... Kidd can still D up a little, has nice size, and is obviously just as good a passer. It's not like the Knicks badly need scoring from the PG position. Kidd would add at least 5 points a game on passes alone.

more amare to the bench, he is basically a role player anyways.

But your right, their perimeter defense will be awful.

IMO, knicks window is about 2-3 years, after that they will need to rebuild.

miller74
07-04-2012, 01:20 PM
well knicks still have the MLE... why is everything you post always wrong?

You're like some form of bizzaro world where everything is reversed.

haha great post

Master Mind
07-04-2012, 01:21 PM
Wait, what? So both Kidd and Nash to NY?

meloman1592
idc what anyone has to say...Nash is not worth Shumpert at this point. Keeping Lin, adding Kidd and keeping Shump >>>>>>> Nash

miller74
You add Landry Fields and your making the playoffs? Did you not see your record last year

They are also adding 2 top ten picks, but i agree they are still not very good

waveycrockett
Knicks have $3 Million to save this team. Good luck guys

BHF
07-04-2012, 01:23 PM

you sure know what the Toronto Raptors team will be next year

justinnum1
idc what anyone has to say...Nash is not worth Shumpert at this point. Keeping Lin, adding Kidd and keeping Shump >>>>>>> Nash

For sure, dolan doesnt care whether his team wins, he just wants star names on his team. Knicks were 1 or 2 pieces from contending with a healthy team, now they lost their bench and are getting nash, who is old but its like 2 steps forward, one step back.

trini_knickfan
This has Dolan written all over it. Melo scenario all over again!

J4KOP99
10 mil a year over 3 years for a 39 yr old steve Nash with a bad back.

...The Knicks!

-Knicks fans claim they will re-sign Lin and then we all have been hearing how Kidd is interested. Just get LIn and Kidd and have a solid PG rotation. Then, keep shump, re-sign JR (as we have been hearing) and you have a solid 2-guard rotation. Then you obviously have Melo at the 3, re-sign novak as well. Stat at 4, Chandler at 5. I guess you still have harrellson to back them up and I forget who else... but that's a formidable and deep team that can beat you in a few ways.

Lin and Kidd would be a nice PG tandem too.

waveycrockett

Dolan has basically undone all the good Donnie Walsh did

waveycrockett
07-04-2012, 01:25 PM
Nash-?-Melo-Amar'e-Chandler

fill in the blanks guys. you got $3 Million

ball4reel
not liking that Nash is going to NY, but Raps still F'd up the Knicks on this one.

Only way to redeem this team is if they trade Melo for someone else's team' role players.

i.e. Houston. lots of assets to throw around. i.e. Martin/ Scola and all their bigs they have lol

The raptors will be the Bobcats this yr!!!! Good luck with Fields..

mike_noodles

I get what you're saying, but we're also adding J-Val and Ross. Not to mention our best (offensive) player missed most of the year. Record would have been 5-10 games nicer if Bargs was healthy all year. Still, with or without Nash, we should be a little better next year, somewhere in the 7-10 range in the east.

justinnum1
07-04-2012, 01:26 PM
As much as i dislike knicks fans i kind of feel bad for them. Some of them are good loyal fans and are waiting for a championship team, yet their owner's #1 priotity is making money and signing big names instead of winning.

Maybe nash can turn that franchise around, but he has a lot of work to do. They basically have one of the worst offensive minded coaches of all time, i would be legit worried if htey had Mike D.

BRKA

this statement is just ridiculous....besides shump non of the player we are giving up even did anything much less even get playing time...:facepalm:
i mean i kinda dont wanna part with shump but its clear that ny is in win now mode

get nash resgin lin (bird rights) novak (bird rights) and jr we also sign james "flight" white to a 1 year vet min..just get vet min role players and lets get on with it..

Jays Claw
The Knicks are better off resigning Lin, signing Kidd to play backup PG, and keeping Shumpert. Nash only has 3 good years left in him so the window of opportunity isn't as large as some may think. Also if Nash does commit to NY, then it'd be interesting as to how to the offense flows with 3 ball dominant players in Nash, Melo, Amare.

EDIT: Oh and the Knicks pretty much have $3mil to fill in their bench. That will also be an interesting story to follow.

Cromedome
Trade Shump....1 of the few who plays defense for an aging point guard?

Is this **** for real?

oak2455
JJ n Wallace enough said... Trolling is just getting silly now... If they got Kidd he's too old nothing is ever good:facepalm:

waveycrockett
Raptors should go after Lowry. He makes WAYYY more sense for them than Steve Nash did.

justinnum1
07-04-2012, 01:27 PM
Nash-?-Melo-Amar'e-Chandler

fill in the blanks guys. you got $3 Million

that 3mil needs to go to the bench, they dont have a bench as of this moment.

smith&wesson
:clap:

thank god. im happy as a raptor fan. nash just doesnt fit our youth movement. he would only side track things while the franchise makes lots of money but doesnt go very far in the playoffs. just wouldnt be the ideal situation for a raps fan. we need to stick with our rebuild.

nash in newyork is a good look imo. he reunites with amare!!!! stat will be back! watch

he goes to a team with proven vets who can score. he has a strong help defender in chandler. he has great chemistry with amare. nash needs shooters to open the floor. if jr smith stays he will benifit alot from nash. the

only x factor will be to see how melo produces with out having the ball in his hands. but nash is great at finding guys for open looks so it may work out. it will be interesting to see.

trini_knickfan
10 mil a year over 3 years for a 39 yr old steve Nash with a bad back.

...The Knicks!

-Knicks fans claim they will re-sign Lin and then we all have been hearing how Kidd is interested. Just get LIn and Kidd and have a solid PG rotation. Then, keep shump, re-sign JR (as we have been hearing) and you have a solid 2-guard rotation. Then you obviously have Melo at the 3, re-sign novak as well. Stat at 4, Chandler at 5. I guess you still have harrellson to back them up and I forget who else... but that's a formidable and deep team that can beat you in a few ways.

Lin and Kidd would be a nice PG tandem too.

so the only change from last year is Kidd

oak2455
As much as i dislike knicks fans i kind of feel bad for them. Some of them are good loyal fans and are waiting for a championship team, yet their owner's #1 priotity is making money and signing big names instead of winning.

Maybe nash can turn that franchise around, but he has a lot of work to do. They basically have one of the worst offensive minded coaches of all time, i would be legit worried if htey had Mike D.

Give us Wade and all will be good :)

knicksfan42
07-04-2012, 01:28 PM
Love it, any players added to the Knicks immediately becomes massively underrated. Steve Nash took this Suns roster to the playoffs last year: http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/PHO/2012.html

This is Steve Nash ok. And I just love seeing all the people who trashed Shump before act like he's worth more than Steve Nash. I love it.

nycericanguy
Grant Hill could follow Nash to NY at the vet min. Knicks could look like this

Nash/Lin
West/JR
Melo/Hill/Novak
Amare/JJ
Chandler/Harrelson

waveycrockett
JJ n Wallace enough said... Trolling is just getting silly now... If they got Kidd he's too old nothing is ever good:facepalm:

Adrian Woj is trolling the Knicks?

ball4reel
For sure, dolan doesnt care whether his team wins, he just wants star names on his team. Knicks were 1 or 2 pieces from contending with a healthy team, now they lost their bench and are getting nash, who is old but its like 2 steps forward, one step back.

Other than Shump who did we lose of the bench? Douglas???

justinnum1

lmao, who cares about the nets right now? Are the knicks trying to win a championship for just load up on big names and parts that dont mix?

Like i said, 2 steps forward, one step back.

jericho

Sure is.

more amare to the bench, he is basically a role player anyways.

But your right, their perimeter defense will be awful.

IMO, knicks window is about 2-3 years, after that they will need to rebuild.
I can't believe I'm agreeing with a heat fan again but yep you are right the thing is no d during does 3 yrs and d wins championships and how are we going to rebuild if we are always trading our young players

TeamSeattle
07-04-2012, 01:29 PM
If we get Nash and Grant Hill, I'd say that is still a fair value for losing Shump.

justinnum1
Other than Shump who did we lose of the bench? Douglas???

you didnt lose anyone, i'm just saying they never had a bench, and still don't. move melo or amare to the bench and that will help a little.

BigBlueCrew
Give us Wade and all will be good :)

Nooooo dude. Him and Amare could compete for who has the worse knees.

These idiots are just trying to troll on the Knicks. Im just wondering where the third doof ChicagoBear22 is at?

waveycrockett
07-04-2012, 01:30 PM

Nash/Lin
West/JR
Melo/Hill/Novak
Amare/JJ
Chandler/Harrelson
Everyone taking the Min to join da Knicks!

J4KOP99
so the only change from last year is Kidd

You guys need to worry about health more than anything else... I'm not a Knicks or Heat fan but if both teams were 100% that's a much better series IMO...

I don't think you guys need Steve Nash. That's just me, but I don't see how that puts you over the top.

I think Kidd still has enough to have a solid impact on your team and he won't cost any players in a S&T

Tom Stone

yup........Landry will give us the inside info we need to pull it off...........you too are under estimating the value of Jonas.... a true number one pick.....there are very few big men in the league i put at Jonas level......every time he plays spain....he takes it to serge, Marc and pau.....the kid's nic name is Rambo for a reason.......he's like Rembrandt with a grenade.

robdizzle3
Why would the Knicks trade away Shumpert? Their only lockdown defender on the perimeter.. Its gonna be a bunch of the same this year.. But worse defensively

NYflightboy
07-04-2012, 01:31 PM
I'd much rather keep Lin, sign Kidd as his back backup, and keep shump. I can't believe the ****ing raptors just cost us Shump. Nash made a lot of sense when it was for Landry Fields. Not so much right now.

Gibby
07-04-2012, 01:32 PM
Lin/Kidd combo plus Shumpert is better than Nash. I am glad as a raptor fan that we didnt get nash. If only we could take back the Landry Fields offer sheet.

what are the chances NYk matches the raptors for Fields? i think it increased since there losing shumpert. i would be happy if nyk matched.

justinnum1

Nash/Lin
West/JR
Melo/Hill/Novak
Amare/JJ
Chandler/Harrelson

that team does not make it out of the 2nd round imo.

most knicks fans just look at the names and think thats good enough to win.

the parts on that team are an awful match. melo doesnt fit in at all.

you have 2 bigs who rely on pick and roll to create offense and who command the same space on the court.

the defense will be pretty awful, chandler will be in foul trouble most games covering for the total lack of perimeter defense

ccg34
Terrible move by NY in my opinion. If Nash was 32, then great deal. He got 2-3 years left at a good level. Just resign Lin and sign Kidd. Shumpert is a great fit with this team. He is an elite defender. Don't get rid of him!

ball4reel
Justin you say we were 1 or 2 pieces away from contending. Shump is lost for the 1st half of the yr and probable wont return to form for the rest of the season. Nash is an upgrade at pg and you said it yourself Lin is the most overrated guy in the nba.. SO how is this a bad deal?

koreancabbage
I can't believe I'm agreeing with a heat fan again but yep you are right the thing is no d during does 3 yrs and d wins championships and how are we going to rebuild if we are always trading our young players

honestly now, do you think the Knicks have a chance at a championship with the current state of the team?

Nash
____
Carmelo
Stoudemire
Chandler

right now, no bench.

this is an honest question.

nycericanguy
07-04-2012, 01:33 PM
Everyone taking the Min to join da Knicks!

Either you're trolling or you're on some sort of medication, in which case I apologize.

No one there needs to take the vet min except Hill, which is what he's worth at this stage.

West would come on the MLE.

NYYCowboys
@TommyBeer: Nash's TS% (62.5%) & Assist Ratio (44.0%) were both markedly higher than Deron Williams (52.7 % and 26.8%, respectively) last season.

J4KOP99
I mean, the 3 yr $30 mil deal doesn't jump out at any Knicks fans as being a scary idea?

Donuts365
i cant believe knicks could get grant hill for vet min

justinnum1
07-04-2012, 01:34 PM
Either you're trolling or you're on some sort of medication, in which case I apologize.

No one there needs to take the vet min except Hill, which is what he's worth at this stage.

West would come on the MLE.

your going to give west the mle? good thing your not a GM

thekmp211
man shumpert would cry tears of joy if he knew how many people in this world wildly overrate his abilities. get er done dolan! great move for the knicks.

zoned88
Love it, any players added to the Knicks immediately becomes massively underrated. Steve Nash took this Suns roster to the playoffs last year: http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/PHO/2012.html

This is Steve Nash ok. And I just love seeing all the people who trashed Shump before act like he's worth more than Steve Nash. I love it.

right u are.. and people complaining about players that don't even play.. td, gaz, harrelson (minimal minutes) , Jordan ( always played garbage minutes).. as a knicks fan its crazy how some other knicks fans are quick to over react

LongIslandIcedZ
07-04-2012, 01:35 PM
I mean, the 3 yr $30 mil deal doesn't jump out at any Knicks fans as being a scary idea?

Of course it does.

Thankfully the Rangers are starting to look really good, so I can watch them in 2 years if this backfires

nycericanguy
your going to give west the mle? good thing your not a GM

name a better 2 guard out there?

West at 2 years $5-6m total would be a very solid fit.

He defends, shoots it well and can even play some PG.

waveycrockett

He's only going to be 40 dude relax

ccg34
If this deal goes through, will Lin return? I wouldn't mind slipping to him to the #2 spot in the roster.

justinnum1
07-04-2012, 01:37 PM
Justin you say we were 1 or 2 pieces away from contending. Shump is lost for the 1st half of the yr and probable wont return to form for the rest of the season. Nash is an upgrade at pg and you said it yourself Lin is the most overrated guy in the nba.. SO how is this a bad deal?

Because the defense would be awful. At the end of a game when lebron has the ball, how is Ny going to get a stop? If the celtics cant get a stop how is NY?

Shump at 100% healthy is a good defender, he was the only perimiter defender ny has and they are about to lose him.

Im sure knicks fans think they can throw any scrum on the team and it will work but it doesnt work that way. I saw first hand from my team, you need guys that can play both offense and defense to win.

2 steps forward, 1 step back. 3 year window.

Next year they will only have the mini mle too. they need 2 or 3 more good role players.

waveycrockett

Delonte West in NYC. Oh the possibilities

Slade123
The raptors will be the Bobcats this yr!!!! Good luck with Fields..

The Raptors could still recind the offer. They have until the 10th.

noodle
07-04-2012, 01:38 PM
So many dbags talking **** about the Knicks. If this kind of talk happened in a bar, these fools would get worked.

colinskik

This is completely backwards. You think Nash can only run an offense with D'Antoni? You're way off. Nash made D'Antoni, allowed him to become this "offensive genius" that the media dubbed him.

If anything, having a defensive minded coach like Woodson helps this team. We all saw how he improved the team D last year as soon as he took over. Nash dishing to Melo and Amare will be perfectly fine offensively, and Woodson will continue to preach D, which will be cemented into the team philosophy via Chandler.

rocky4104

yep they overpaid fields so they can block the possible st with NY and Phoenix -- now they're stuck with him... and no nash to show for it

TeamSeattle
Because the defense would be awful. At the end of a game when lebron has the ball, how is Ny going to get a stop? If the celtics cant get a stop how is NY?

Shump at 100% healthy is a good defender, he was the only perimiter defender ny has and they are about to lose him.

Im sure knicks fans think they can throw any scrum on the team and it will work but it doesnt work that way. I saw first hand from my team, you need guys that can play both offense and defense to win.

Next year they will only have the mini mle too. they need 2 or 3 more good role players.

HOw selfish can you get? So the NBA has now been reduced to who can stop the Heat come playoff time. Nobody can stop Lebron down the stretch you happy now justin.

BRKA

this

waveycrockett
07-04-2012, 01:39 PM
If this deal goes through, will Lin return? I wouldn't mind slipping to him to the #2 spot in the roster.

Nash-Lin-Melo-Amar'e-Chandler

possibly the worst defensive team to ever grace a basketball court and to do it with a DPOY would be quite a feat!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
Dolan going crazy again:laugh2:

Why are they trading shump when he had mad potential?

justinnum1

you just said the mle which is 5 years per. delonte for 2 years and 10mil is the dumbest thing i have read on psd in a while.

you should try to get courtney lee

zoned88
so a rookie with CHRONIC KNEE TENDONITIS AND A TORN ACL over a 2x mVP who's still averaging 10ppg / 10 apg who was on a team who's offense was suffering at that..imagine on a team thT can actually score.. some people are either trolling hard or just always in a love affair with new rookies

Master Mind
07-04-2012, 01:40 PM
:shrug:

nycericanguy
you just said the mle which is 5 years per. delonte for 2 years and 10mil is the dumbest thing i have read on psd in a while.

you should try to get courtney lee

Umm Knicks don't even have the FULL MLE so no I didn't mean the $5m MLE.

Knicks can only use the $3m MLE, so West at 2 year 5-6m is a good fit.

If NY had the $5m MLE there would be better options such as Ray Allen or even Mayo.

BigBlueCrew
This is completely backwards. You think Nash can only run an offense with D'Antoni? You're way off. Nash made D'Antoni, allowed him to become this "offensive genius" that the media dubbed him.

If anything, having a defensive minded coach like Woodson helps this team. We all saw how he improved the team D last year as soon as he took over. Nash dishing to Melo and Amare will be perfectly fine offensively, and Woodson will continue to preach D, which will be cemented into the team philosophy via Chandler.

Im telling you, when I dub him 'Justindum' he confirms the fact over and over again :laugh2:

Bigbadmoffo
Wow didn't see Nash screwing the raps and knicks. He 's making the Knicks lose there whole bench to sign him! Pretty dirty man!

TeamSeattle
07-04-2012, 01:41 PM
Nash-Lin-Melo-Amar'e-Chandler

possibly the worst defensive team to ever grace a basketball court and to do it with a DPOY would be quite a feat!

Yep because us being ranked top 5 in defense with this exact same lineup almost says nothing. :rolleyes:

ball4reel

When is shump gonna be 100% ? we gonna waste a full yr waiting for him to get healthy? If he didnt hurt his knee i would say stupid move, Even you were on the shump will never be the same bandwagon. Now its stupid to trade him for a top 6 pg?

We had a top 5 defense last yr, it takes a team to play defense shump didnt play all 5 positions for 48 mins. So why dont we see how we look at the start of the season before we talk about taking steps...

justinnum1
HOw selfish can you get? So the NBA has now been reduced to who can stop the Heat come playoff time. Nobody can stop Lebron down the stretch you happy now justin.

You are stating the obvious, but if you want to get past miami you will need a team defense that stands a chance

chandler-elite defdner
amare-joke of a defender
melo-below average
smith-average
nash-below average

like i said, what are the knicks trying to do? are they trying to win a championship or just load up on big names?

melo for iggy and the knicks are contenders.

-Kobe24-TJ19-

this

the guy is a lunatic

waveycrockett
07-04-2012, 01:42 PM
Yep because us being ranked top 5 in defense with this exact same lineup almost says nothing. :rolleyes:

Steve Nash for Shump

NYflightboy
07-04-2012, 01:43 PM
Wow didn't see Nash screwing the raps and knicks. He 's making the Knicks lose there whole bench to sign him! Pretty dirty man!

That's not exactly true. It's shump and a bunch of other guys that never got burn.

knicksfan42
07-04-2012, 01:43 PM
You are stating the obvious, but if you want to get past miami you will need a team defense that stands a chance

chandler-elite defdner
amare-joke of a defender
melo-below average
smith-average
nash-below average

like i said, what are the knicks trying to do? are they trying to win a championship or just load up on big names?

Melo isn't below average anymore, him stepping up is a big reason for our defense becoming as good as it was. Woodson + Tyson + Shump + EVERYONE ON THE TEAM STEPPING THEIR D UP is why we were a top 5 defense

waveycrockett
07-04-2012, 01:44 PM
There are going to be times next year when Jeremy Lin is going to be the Knicks best defender on the court.

xxplayerxx23
Dolan going crazy again:laugh2:

Why are they trading shump when he had mad potential?

Because dolan is stupid and only cares about money and ticket sales

Devastator137
Although I am a Raptor fan, I don't mind Nash going to the Knicks. The man has been in the league long enough that he can choose where he wants to go, if this is true, congrats to the Knicks

On a different note, @TeamMelo15, awesome sig, I'm a huge fan of RaNia

robdizzle3
so a rookie with CHRONIC KNEE TENDONITIS AND A TORN ACL over a 2x mVP who's still averaging 10ppg / 10 apg who was on a team who's offense was suffering at that..imagine on a team thT can actually score.. some people are either trolling hard or just always in a love affair with new rookies

We all know Nash better tham Shumpert, but it wont matter, because defensively you guys will be horrible.. Defense wins championships.. Look at OKC for example.. All that firepower, but couldnt close out possessions.. Shump is your best,on ball defender and very young, so you him for a second round exit?

knicksfan42
There are going to be times next year when Jeremy Lin is going to be the Knicks best defender on the court.

Nash > Gerald Wallace

Nash > Joe Johnson

Also Jr Smith is a good defender, and the offseason aint over.

ball4reel
07-04-2012, 01:45 PM

Last yr evey1 said Nash was the only pg in the nba that could help the Knicks, Now we are on the verge of getting him its a stupid move.. I can see why people dislike Ny But the Trolling is at all time high:facepalm:

knicksfan42
07-04-2012, 01:46 PM
We all know Nash better tham Shumpert, but it wont matter, because defensively you guys will be horrible.. Defense wins championships.. Look at OKC for example.. All that firepower, but couldnt close out possessions.. Shump is your best,on ball defender and very young, so you him for a second round exit?

Sorry, but losing an overrated perimeter defender does not take a top 5 defense to a bottom 5 defense.

MagicBucsSox
Steve Nash for Shump

I wouldn't do that straight up. Shumpert is a last of dying breed in today's game. I'm not moving him

xxplayerxx23

chandler-elite defdner
amare-joke of a defender
melo-below average
smith-average
nash-below average

If it was a name game we would have a chance :D
Melo was average last year, and Smith played slightly above average. I agree with you I dont want to trade shump for nash :cry:

BigBlueCrew
Nash > Gerald Wallace

Nash > Joe Johnson

The way these guys talk I thought it was over yesterday.

KB-Pau-DH2012
Landry Fields signing that offer sheet with Toronto really ****ed things up with the Knicks as now because of Fields, they also lose Shumpert. Damn, that sucks!

There's also the fact that now, Knicks have only a 3 yr window to win a title with Nash-Melo-Amare.

justinnum1

lol, lin is awful defender, he had one block on rose and knicks fans think he is a good defender.

I can see knicks trying to close games with

nash
lin
melo
amare
chandler

the defense will be pretty awful

i do think they need a PG, but i also think getting kid and someone like courtney lee would have been nice.

kidd
lee
melo
amare
chandler

has some potential.

colinskik
Im telling you, when I dub him 'Justindum' he confirms the fact over and over again :laugh2:
Definitely a fitting name. I've seen him say some pretty daft things on here, but he's cleary trolling at this point and scared of what the Knicks will be with Nash. He's so transparent.

koreancabbage
07-04-2012, 01:47 PM

top 5 in defense? where the f do you pull these facts from.

waveycrockett
07-04-2012, 01:47 PM

I see Knicks fans not only misinformed with other teams players but there own as well. Smith is not a part of the Knicks right now.

thephoenixson28
07-04-2012, 01:48 PM
Nash will make this team better. Nash is old, but he is the missing piece. He still has game left.

ewmania

i agree we are always giving up our young core, wilson and now shump would could be a DPOY in the future

come on knicks, wise up

waveycrockett
lol, lin is awful defender, he had one block on rose and knicks fans think he is a good defender.

nash
lin
melo
amare
chandler

Imagine Chandler in foul trouble with the Knicks needing a stop?

nycericanguy

Knicks were a top 5 defensive team all year, and #1 after Woodson took over.

ewmania
07-04-2012, 01:49 PM

under woodson as head coach we were top 5 in defense and the only team with a better record was spurs

zoned88

I understand hes a good defender, if he honestly wouldn't of blown his knee I would of said hell no.. but he won't be ready until.january/February at the latest.. contact drills etc.. and they giving up bench players that didn't play period.. they rode the bench.. its not a bad deal.. we'll see whT happens.. knicks still got some chump change to pick up a defender if need be

justinnum1
Imagine Chandler in foul trouble with the Knicks needing a stop?

Imagine the knicks needing a stop with chandler in

Avenged
trade Shumpert for an old Nash? what the..

koreancabbage
Nash > Gerald Wallace

Nash > Joe Johnson

are u joking? i can't tell anymore

knicksfan42
I see Knicks fans not only misinformed with other teams players but there own as well. Smith is not a part of the Knicks right now.

Joe Johnson isn't part of the Nets right now, neither is Gerald Wallace. Nash isn't a Knick and Shump isn't a Sun, but here you are talking about them.

TeamSeattle

They must not have Espn or nbatv in Toronto, everyone knew that about us last year.

waveycrockett

The Knicks allowed the fewest yards per game....

xxplayerxx23
Knick fans dont be hurt on what they are saying, we will be good but they make legit points, No need to call everybody a hater and *****. Let us get Nash first. I disagree with us doing that but we will see

noodle
07-04-2012, 01:50 PM
Definitely a fitting name. I've seen him say some pretty daft things on here, but he's cleary trolling at this point and scared of what the Knicks will be with Nash. He's so transparent.

Dudes a total jerkoff, who probably lives in his parents basement.

Max.This
idk why people are trolling so hard today even when knicks fan say they dont like this trade if it does happen.

koreancabbage

where are the stats?

I looked at the stats and nothing tells me you guys were top 5 all year long

waveycrockett
Joe Johnson isn't part of the Nets right now, neither is Gerald Wallace. Nash isn't a Knick and Shump isn't a Sun, but here you are talking about them.

You forgot to mention Deron Williams isn't a NET!

JNoel
07-04-2012, 01:51 PM
If Nash goes to the Knicks, Congrats Knicks fans, I look forward to some epic battles in the upcoming season

knicksfan42
are u joking? i can't tell anymore

About which part?

About the part where Steve Nash single handedly nearly got this roster http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/PHO/2012.html into the playoffs out west. Naw I'm not joking about that.

knicksfan42
You forgot to mention Deron Williams isn't a NET!

I didn't I don't have to go through both rosters talking about who is an isn't what yet.

justinnum1
07-04-2012, 01:52 PM

I'm more worried about the nets than the knicks.

knicksfan42
where are the stats?

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats/_/sort/defensiveEff

THE MTL

Only player of value we lose is Shumpert.

Toney Douglas, Jermone Jordan, Gadzaric, and Harrellson were all OUT of the rotation

koreancabbage
About which part?

About the part where Steve Nash single handedly nearly got this roster http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/PHO/2012.html into the playoffs out west. Naw I'm not joking about that.

oops sorry I thought you were talking about now....

colinskik
07-04-2012, 01:53 PM
where are the stats?

Are you seriously stupid? Did you watch the NBA at all this past year??

waveycrockett
Imagine the knicks needing a stop with chandler in

Knicks Defensive unit

Nash-Lin-Melo-Amar'e-Harrellson

knicksfan42
oops sorry I thought you were talking about now....

That was this season.

xxplayerxx23
where are the stats?

I believe we were ranked 5th but dont worry with this trade we go back to 12-20 range lol

RC3
where are the stats?

0___0

colinskik
07-04-2012, 01:54 PM
No, you're worried that teams are better than your flamers. You're a troll. Your sig is hypocritical, and you are in all likelihood a little B.

noodle
07-04-2012, 01:54 PM

You should worry about meeting a girl, this seems like it may be a legitimate concern.

BigBlueCrew
07-04-2012, 01:55 PM
where are the stats?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/NYK/2012.html

What does say by the Defensive Rating?!?!?!?! huh???? can you read???

waveycrockett
I didn't I don't have to go through both rosters talking about who is an isn't what yet.

Well you listed just about every move that has happened. Why not be thorough?

koreancabbage
http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats/_/sort/defensiveEff

i looked at all the OPPs averages in terms of scoring, rebounding, blocks steal etc. knicks were not top 5 in any of them.

but ok, sure. I knew Knicks were top 10 for sure defensively but not top 5. good job. Chandler is the key for you guys.

nystandup
07-04-2012, 01:56 PM
Well you listed just about every move that has happened. Why not be thorough?

How much do you love the Knicks?

nycericanguy
where are the stats?

Thats because you're an ignoramus.

waveycrockett
How much do you love the Knicks?

On a scale of 1 to 10?

elledaddy
07-04-2012, 01:57 PM

nash
lin
melo
amare
chandler

i do think they need a PG, but i also think getting kid and someone like courtney lee would have been nice.

kidd
lee
melo
amare
chandler

has some potential.

Lmao, yo you are the worst ever. You're worst than Skip but atleast he gets paid for it. Once the knicks would have signed Courtney Lee & J Kidd, you would have said " Kidd is AWFUL and OLD then would have said C LEE can't shoot jumpers and can't seem to stick with one team. SMH. I get it, its all in fun and games but you and a couple others are just the worst.

justinnum1
some peeps on tilt in here

BigBlueCrew
i looked at all the OPPs averages in terms of scoring, rebounding, blocks steal etc. knicks were not top 5 in any of them.

but ok, sure. I knew Knicks were top 10 for sure defensively but not top 5. good job. Chandler is the key for you guys.

go enjoy Landry Fields.... He has great promise like you said.

Bigbadmoffo
Just sign already your name was all Toronto wanted not like you could get a title here. Nash will be remember as the ringless MVP who couldn't help grow basketball in Canada.

LongIslandIcedZ
I dont quite understand how all the people constant trolling dont get banned. It's become almost impossible to have a legitimate conversation on this website anymore. Shumpert is going to miss half the year, and its not easy to recover from a torn ACL. I understand the Knicks are everyone's punching bag and its fun to make fun of them. But if you dont think this Knicks team is better with Nash than Shumpert you are straight up wrong.

knicksfan42
07-04-2012, 01:58 PM

Well we were top 5 and you're right Chandler was and is the key, in addition to Mike Woodson, who I don't like coaching the offense, but who was definitely a key contributor to our defensive success.

nystandup
On a scale of 1 to 10?

Sure

jim51990
The knicks are a joke they wont win or seriously compete even with nash and in three years they will have no one of value on their roster

waveycrockett
The Knicks should get Yi Janlian to play center. They would lead the league in Cash Cows.

JerseysFinest
Nets-Knicks is going to be CRAZY. Congratulations to them, they needed a floor general.

BRKA
Steve Nash for Shump

shump wasnt a starter tho?

knicksfan42
07-04-2012, 01:59 PM
I dont quite understand how all the people constant trolling dont get banned. It's become almost impossible to have a legitimate conversation on this website anymore. Shumpert is going to miss half the year, and its not easy to recover from a torn ACL. I understand the Knicks are everyone's punching bag and its fun to make fun of them. But if you dont think this Knicks team is better with Nash than Shumpert you are straight up wrong.

Thats just how the site is man.

Bigbadmoffo
go enjoy Landry Fields.... He has great promise like you said.

Raps will resend Landry offer anyways.

sharqstealth
You should worry about meeting a girl, this seems like it may be a legitimate concern.

Justin should worry about getting laid, than worry about what the Knicks are doing. I don't think he has ever touched a woman yet...

nystandup
07-04-2012, 02:00 PM
The knicks are a joke they wont win or seriously compete even with nash and in three years they will have no one of value on their roster

Okay? That's when you re up again.

BigBlueCrew
Raps will resend Landry offer anyways.

Landry Fields should sue their ***

and I think you mean rescind

C_Mund

I agree with you about the trolling and bashing...
but to be honest if you're telling somebody that they're WRONG about something that hasn't happened yet, you're kind of part of the problem

justinnum1
knicks nets rivalry is going to be awesome

TheWhiteMamba
07-04-2012, 02:01 PM
Terrible move to get rid of Shump for Nash. I honestly dont think Nash in NY is a good fit. Not along side Melo at least...

Bigbadmoffo
07-04-2012, 02:02 PM
Why is part of the industry these guys makes millions and break promises every day.

koreancabbage
07-04-2012, 02:02 PM
Well we were top 5 and you're right Chandler was and is the key, in addition to Mike Woodson, who I don't like coaching the offense, but who was definitely a key contributor to our defensive success.

yea- you know woodson is going to his big gun in Melo for sure.

I'm sure if he will fully utilize Nash however. I think woodson would love to see the ball in Melo's hands more even though most Knicks fans know it should go into Nash's.

Bigbadmoffo
07-04-2012, 02:03 PM
So the trade is done??????

justinnum1
Terrible move to get rid of Shump for Nash. I honestly dont think Nash in NY is a good fit. Not along side Melo at least...

It depends if melo is willing to change his ways.

knicksfan42
In the 7 regular season games Iman Shumpert missed we gave up 93.86 ppg

in the 4 regular season games Chandler missed we gave up 108.25 ppg with it only being below 115 because of the 82 points we held the worst team in the history of the NBA to on the final game of the regular season.

From a post in the Knicks forum.

sharqstealth
i dont quite understand how all the people constant trolling dont get banned. It's become almost impossible to have a legitimate conversation on this website anymore. Shumpert is going to miss half the year, and its not easy to recover from a torn acl. I understand the knicks are everyone's punching bag and its fun to make fun of them. But if you dont think this knicks team is better with nash than shumpert you are straight up wrong.

i hope someone here makes a thread on who are the biggest trolls in psd!

NYYCowboys
Haters gonna hate

koreancabbage
Landry Fields should sue their ***

and I think you mean rescind

depends if he actually signed the contract.

C_Mund

I don't really like anybody beside Melo, but it's a measuring stick. If Anthony can't change for the ONE guys that's proven time and time again he can get the most out of his teammates then he may never be the player that he still has the promise to be.

LongIslandIcedZ
07-04-2012, 02:04 PM
I agree with you about the trolling and bashing...
but to be honest if you're telling somebody that they're WRONG about something that hasn't happened yet, you're kind of part of the problem

Perhaps wrong is a strong word. Regardless, the point is to discuss it. I want to hear someones opinion on why the Knicks are better with Shumpert than Nash. Instead of just 'you mad' 50 times.

justinnum1
skolnick
Always overlooked factor. RT @bruce_arthur Ppl close 2 Nash say he wants ex-wife 2 agree 2 move kids 2 city he chooses. They've lived in NY.

there you go.

aLau10
Damn, Nash sign with the RAPTORS!!!!!

koreancabbage
07-04-2012, 02:05 PM
From a post in the Knicks forum.

small sample size for Shumpert. can't be fully relied on. I think by posting this, you are going overrate Shumpert a lot in people's eyes.

KB-Pau-DH2012
Paul Coro:
While the Nash saga continues, the #Suns will push for a Michael Beasley commitment today and host Raymond Felton tomorrow. 4 minutes ago

cbreezy34
Why did ManRam close my thread? Dude is the worst Mod runner... if he doesnt personally love the thread he closes it... what a dbag this guy is.

BigCityofDreams
07-04-2012, 02:06 PM
Not liking this move. Nash doesn't put them over the top and they have to give up Shumpert.

C_Mund
Perhaps wrong is a strong word. Regardless, the point is to discuss it. I want to hear someones opinion on why the Knicks are better with Shumpert than Nash. Instead of just 'you mad' 50 times.

haha, I've never really gotten that mad until somebody repeatedly asks me if I am..... it's like the "why are you hitting yourself" of the forum

Bigbadmoffo
I'd say I will be a knock hater next year but they're no threat so good luck next year and hope Nash can stay healthy and get you in the playoffs.

KB-Pau-DH2012
Alex Kennedy:
One thing is certain: The New York Knicks will be very good in NBA 2K13. about 23 minutes ago

waveycrockett
07-04-2012, 02:08 PM
Alex Kennedy: about 23 minutes ago

James Dolan has ALOT vested in his 2k13 dynasty

JNoel
07-04-2012, 02:09 PM
Lin is definitely gone now, he'll prob go to Houston or Toronto

KnickaBocka.44
07-04-2012, 02:09 PM
depends if he actually signed the contract.

No it doesn't. Landry is a Restricted FA so as long as the Knicks match or exceed the offer then he remains on their roster for them to S&T.

Tmac,lt,berkman
07-04-2012, 02:10 PM
shumpert is giving up to much in my eyes

knicksfan42
07-04-2012, 02:12 PM
small sample size for Shumpert. can't be fully relied on. I think by posting this, you are going overrate Shumpert a lot in people's eyes.

Re-read the post. WITHOUT Shumpert we only gave up 93.86 ppg, without Chandler we gave up 108.25 ppg.

koreancabbage
No it doesn't. Landry is a Restricted FA so as long as the Knicks match or exceed the offer then he remains on their roster for them to S&T.

no b/c if he doesn't sign, then the Raps don't have to sign him (if the Knicks don't match of course). it was news that Fields committed verbally but no source had him signing.

knicksfan42
Lin is definitely gone now, he'll prob go to Houston or Toronto

Nope we can still match.

koreancabbage
Re-read the post. WITHOUT Shumpert we only gave up 93.86 ppg, without Chandler we gave up 108.25 ppg.

oops sorry. ahh i wrote underrate at first but then i changed it to overrate lol

robdizzle3

Shumpery isnt better,than Nash.. Thatd be stupid too say.. But getting Nash and letting go of Shumpert will get you a first round win.. Maybe, but a second round exit.. Is it worth it?

BigBlueCrew
07-04-2012, 02:13 PM
no b/c if he doesn't sign, then the Raps don't have to sign him (if the Knicks don't match of course). it was news that Fields committed verbally but no source had him signing.

I thought you wanted Landry Fields?? why the total flip flop in 24 hours?

masTOR_shake1
well this sucks

waveycrockett

7 game sample size FTL

justinnum1
Why did ManRam close my thread? Dude is the worst Mod runner... if he doesnt personally love the thread he closes it... what a dbag this guy is.
What source did you use?

Not liking this move. Nash doesn't put them over the top and they have to give up Shumpert.

Nash is a good piece, next off season they will also have the mini to get another piece.

koreancabbage
07-04-2012, 02:14 PM
I thought you wanted Landry Fields?? why the total flip flop in 24 hours?

i still want him cuz he's a good role player

but if we made made an offer for Ersan as well as a SF, then WTF

KnickaBocka.44

You can't actually sign until the 11th anyway. What I meant was even if he did sign the contract, the Knicks would still have the right to match it and ship him to PHX for Nash

KB-Pau-DH2012
shumpert is giving up to much in my eyes

Well obviously, but Knicks are desperate as they know they shot themselves in the foot signing Amare to a max contract 2 yrs ago and gutting their team for Melo. They now have a 3 yr win, throwing all the chips into one pile and go for that ring. If they can't win a title in 3 yrs, then Nash will retire, Melo will get traded for young assets, and most likely Amare will be traded as he'll probably be an expiring contract by then or he'll stick around for a few more yrs after that and Knicks let him expire. Tyson Chandler is aging pretty quick IMO.

This Knicks team just isn't looking really good right now. Lose Fields, Shump, Douglas (who was eh), Baron Davis (really bad injury), maybe Lin, maybe Novak.

LongIslandIcedZ
07-04-2012, 02:15 PM
Shumpery isnt better,than Nash.. Thatd be stupid too say.. But getting Nash and letting go of Shumpert will get you a first round win.. Maybe, but a second round exit.. Is it worth it?

I was too young for their last second round, I'll take it lol.

Not to mention its not like Shump is guaranteed to be 100% any time soon.

I'm still hoping Toronto rescinds the deal for Fields and we can keep Shump lol

JNoel
Nope we can still match.

The Owner better whip out that large wallet of his if he matches Lin

BigCityofDreams
What source did you use?

Nash is a good piece, next off season they will also have the mini to get another piece.

But still enough of bringing in old guys. I understand Nash can still play but this feels like something the Yankees do.

waveycrockett
Dwayne Wade might drop 60 on them

koreancabbage
07-04-2012, 02:16 PM
You can't actually sign until the 11th anyway. What I meant was even if he did sign the contract, the Knicks would still have the right to match it and ship him to PHX for Nash

yea but it reflects the organization if he did sign and Raps ripped up the contract lol.

still, very reflective of the organization and the culture if it went south on a proposed deal the Raps initiated

Punk
7 game sample size FTL

Lol This is a stupid post but expected from you.

So, you would prefer if Tyson and Iman were out for 82 games to prove those numbers are correct?

Fact is, Shumpert did not affect our defense to that degree as Tyson being out did. Point blank.

Obviously he limits individuals but that's it for right now.

nycericanguy
Well obviously, but Knicks are desperate as they know they shot themselves in the foot signing Amare to a max contract 2 yrs ago and gutting their team for Melo. They now have a 3 yr win, throwing all the chips into one pile and go for that ring. If they can't win a title in 3 yrs, then Nash will retire, Melo will get traded for young assets, and most likely Amare will be traded as he'll probably be an expiring contract by then or he'll stick around for a few more yrs after that and Knicks let him expire. Tyson Chandler is aging pretty quick IMO.

This Knicks team just isn't looking really good right now. Lose Fields, Shump, Douglas (who was eh), Baron Davis (really bad injury), maybe Lin, maybe Novak.

You mean the same Tyson CHandler that just put up career high's in PPG & FG% on a team with no PG most of the season and won the DPOY? :facepalm:

Yea' he's really aging FAST!

Jarvo
07-04-2012, 02:17 PM
All that offense and no defense STILL! :facepalm:

waveycrockett
Lol This is a stupid post but expected from you.

So, you would prefer if Tyson and Iman were out for 82 games to prove those numbers are correct?

Fact is, Shumpert did not affect our defense to that degree as Tyson being out did. Point blank.

Obviously he limits individuals but that's it for right now.

I can show you a 7 game stretch where Lin was the best PG in the game. It must be true.:facepalm:

xxplayerxx23
The Owner better whip out that large wallet of his if he matches Lin

He would bring big time money because NYers love lin lol. I would hate but Nash at the pg Kidd at the sg Lin off the bench LOL

justinnum1
07-04-2012, 02:18 PM
But still enough of bringing in old guys. I understand Nash can still play but this feels like something the Yankees do.

It always sucks to lose a young guy with potential but this move will make the knicks better. How much better? who knows, i dont think it will be a lot better but they will be better, on offense at least.

koreancabbage
I can show you a 7 game stretch where Lin was the best PG in the game. It must be true.:facepalm:

lol

faze38
lmao, who cares about the nets right now? Are the knicks trying to win a championship for just load up on big names and parts that dont mix?

Like i said, 2 steps forward, one step back.

Explain to me how having the best pure point guard in the NBA doesn't fit a dysfunctional team. Are u kidding me? I love Shumpert don't get it twisted but if I had to choose between Shumpert and Nash with Amare seeming to get older by the second I'm taking Nash!! Shumpert is great for the future but so is Lin and at the end of the day we need to do what ever it takes to get Nash hopefully for us it doesn't take him but we have to do what we have to do. I mean if Shumpert is lost tho I'm chasing the heck out of BRoy next!

TheWhiteMamba
Ny would be better off letting Lin go and sign Kidd, Sessions, or Felton as a backup.

Shark

Lol no they dont. The way I see it, Colangelo purposely gave an offer sheet to Fields so NY would be in a tough decision.

From one angle, if they dont wanna pay Fields and dont want to give up the whole bench to get Nash, Toronto would then have Fields and Nash.

From another angle, if they still dont wanna match the offer for Fields, and they do give up the whole bench, at least the Raptors forced the Knicks into a touch position.

If they do decide to match offer on Fields, the Raptors just put them into another complex situation cuz of the salary cap hit.

Overall dont know how the Raptors look bad here. I think Colangelo is using strategic moves to put oppositions into a tougher position.

TeamSeattle

yep exactly what they said last year and what were we ranked defensively.

xxplayerxx23
07-04-2012, 02:20 PM
yep exactly what they said last year and what were we ranked defensively.

Ironicly we sucked offensivley lol

waveycrockett
Not a single shooting guard on the Payroll

Not a single backup PG on the payroll

Not a single backup Center on the payroll

$3 Million dollars to get it done

GM james dolan

KB-Pau-DH2012
You mean the same Tyson CHandler that just put up career high's in PPG & FG% on a team with no PG most of the season and won the DPOY? :facepalm:

Yea' he's really aging FAST!

I like how that's the only aspect of my post that you decided to reply back to when you know damn well that everything else I said was true and dead on point!

Tyson dealt with some injuries this season, he's always been injury prone for half his career. I guess injury prone is a better term than aging.

koreancabbage

come on man, even I know better than to bash Knicks defense. Knicks defense is pretty good. but b/c of their role players (Chandler/Shumpert/Fields etc) last year.

JonnyBrav000
Knicks GM better not trade Shump, Phoenix needs to accept a few fillers because Nash was loyal or find a 3rd team to give us something for Shump if he needs to be included. If that can't be done, I'd rather have Felton or Kidd, too bad Andre Miller signed with Denver already. Wonder how much O.J. Mayo is going to command on the FA market, maybe the Grizz would be willing to sign and trade him to us.

nycericanguy
07-04-2012, 02:21 PM
Lol no they dont. The way I see it, Colangelo purposely gave an offer sheet to Fields so NY would be in a tough decision.

From one angle, if they dont wanna pay Fields and dont want to give up the whole bench to get Nash, Toronto would then have Fields and Nash.

From another angle, if they still dont wanna match the offer for Fields, and they do give up the whole bench, at least the Raptors forced the Knicks into a touch position.

If they do decide to match offer on Fields, the Raptors just put them into another complex situation cuz of the salary cap hit.

Overall dont know how the Raptors look bad here. I think Colangelo is using strategic moves to put oppositions into a tougher position.

TOR looks horrible IMO.

They basically tried to FORCE Nash to go to TOR, even though they could already BLOW AWAY any other teams offer to Nash.

Instead they get left holding the $20m bag on Fields.

Vincent33
For NY, I think it's definititely worth it. Nash will be going to a team that runs an offense he's used to led by his former HC D'Anto...oh wait...but still for NY having a future HoF PG that will run a team with former teammate Amare and a prolific scorer like Anthony, it will be fun to watch for Knicks' fans.

Rockice_8
He would bring big time money because NYers love lin lol. I would hate but Nash at the pg Kidd at the sg Lin off the bench LOL

Thats a ton of money for a bench guy even though I think they should match it.

Nash would be a nice move for NY IMO even at the expense of Shump. I little short sighted because of Nash's age but Nash, JR, Melo, Amare, Chandler would be solid starting 5.

Atlantic Division could be very tough next next year.

JNoel

Lol Lin is a cashcow ;) but that would be a very small back court

blastmasta26
07-04-2012, 02:22 PM
Shump gone? :cry:

xxplayerxx23

GM james dolan

Um 1. we can match Lin if we want
2.Camby is very intrested
3. Dolan is the dumb *** owner not gm

koreancabbage
Explain to me how having the best pure point guard in the NBA doesn't fit a dysfunctional team. Are u kidding me? I love Shumpert don't get it twisted but if I had to choose between Shumpert and Nash with Amare seeming to get older by the second I'm taking Nash!! Shumpert is great for the future but so is Lin and at the end of the day we need to do what ever it takes to get Nash hopefully for us it doesn't take him but we have to do what we have to do. I mean if Shumpert is lost tho I'm chasing the heck out of BRoy next!

its dysfunctional cuz of Melo.

Amare is okay, Chandler can't really score but he's okay.

Woodson took the ball out of Lin's hands and put it in Melo's hands.

I'm sure woodson will give Nash some freedom compared to Lin

justinnum1
did toronto know that nash wanted to be near his kids in NY?

NYflightboy
07-04-2012, 02:23 PM
alanhahn

RT @ESPNSteinLine: As @alanhahn notes, Knicks PREFER to chase Nash w/out Shumpert. Sources say they're trying to find 3rd team to avoid it

I'd much prefer this way as well!

JonnyBrav000
07-04-2012, 02:23 PM

GM james dolan

3 Million if we sign Lin, Novak and Fields, if we don't do any of that, we have much more room to play with.

BigCityofDreams
07-04-2012, 02:24 PM
It always sucks to lose a young guy with potential but this move will make the knicks better. How much better? who knows, i dont think it will be a lot better but they will be better, on offense at least.

Can't argue that