PDA

View Full Version : Can Orlando still put a better team than the nets on the floor?

ldawg
07-03-2012, 09:58 PM
Can Orlando still put a better team than the nets on the floor? Orlando was a top three team last season in the East. Nets were one of the worst teams. Nets are hoping for a fresh start in Brooklyn and leave their loosing ways in Jersey. Unless you live in a box you would Know Howard Wants to go to Brooklyn. We are not sure why he is so hell bent on going their but thats where he want to go. Orlando can go in two different directions. They can help form a supper team in their conference and take back Nets trash that could not win ten games - DWill. Or they can remain a better team than the Nets. Dwill,Joe, Crash,Kris,Lopez is not great but not a bad team. Can

Bynum,Big Baby
Ryan anderson
Micheal Beasly/Artest.Q-rich
Jason Richardson/JJridick
Nelson/??/Duhan

one major addition Beasley and would sitll be better than nets just saying

ManRam
07-03-2012, 09:59 PM
Nope.

Not at all. I wish...but not right away. Deron/Johnson/Howard is too much.

EDIT: I see you meant if we trade him to a team not named NJ. Still, no.

*Superman*
07-03-2012, 10:00 PM
Being honest, no.

bholly
07-03-2012, 10:04 PM
I don't think I'd call them a top 3 team in the East last year. Even before Dwight went down they were in that middle pack of Orlando/Boston/Indy/Atlanta for the 3-6 spots.

I agree Brooklyn probably haven't jumped as high as others are saying, but I don't see how Orlando can beat them unless they have a miracle.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-03-2012, 10:11 PM
Most likely no ..only way is if we get bynum while losing jrich... And that would take us landing someother good players as well.... Id love to see us bring in oj mayo even for a snt for jj resign ryno and a pg(maybe nelson)

Nelson
Mayo
Hedo
Ryno
Bynum

If nets land howard there right up there with heat imo better then heat ..dwight and deron alone would be sick together not to mention jj and gforce

Donuts365
07-03-2012, 10:17 PM
no and magic not getting bynum

shep33
07-03-2012, 10:17 PM
I'll say this, I'm a big Bynum fan (Laker homerism), and out of all the teams in the NBA, I'd want him to go to Orlando over any other teams. I think it's the perfect place for him to grow as a player. He'll have shooters all around him, something that the Lakers were dead last I believe in this past year. If he goes to Orlando, I honestly don't see why he couldn't put up 22-24 ppg, and 12 rpg. If he could average 19 and 12 last year along with 2 blocks, I don't see why his ppg wouldn't increase my 3-5 with a few more fga per game (sharing with Kobe and Pau this past year).

I hope we keep Andrew, but if he does get dealt, Orlando would be a nice fit.

Now back to the question lol...

Once they clear some cap space, only two years I believe, they should be fine. Remember that in 2014 there is a great FA class and Orlando only has Big Baby under contract

*Superman*
07-03-2012, 10:28 PM
Can Orlando still put a better team than the nets on the floor? Orlando was a top three team last season in the East. Nets were one of the worst teams. Nets are hoping for a fresh start in Brooklyn and leave their loosing ways in Jersey. Unless you live in a box you would Know Howard Wants to go to Brooklyn. We are not sure why he is so hell bent on going their but thats where he want to go. Orlando can go in two different directions. They can help form a supper team in their conference and take back Nets trash that could not win ten games - DWill. Or they can remain a better team than the Nets. Dwill,Joe, Crash,Kris,Lopez is not great but not a bad team. Can

Bynum,Big Baby
Ryan anderson
Micheal Beasly/Artest.Q-rich
Jason Richardson/JJridick
Nelson/??/Duhan

one major addition Beasley and would sitll be better than nets just saying

Also add that Anderson is a RFA right now, we have drafted one PF and one C (could play PF) and it was noted that the Magic had interest in Ebanks and Jordan Hill. Anderson could be gone. Not sure we have the cap for Beasley. Nelson is also a FA.

ldawg
07-03-2012, 10:52 PM
Nope.

Not at all. I wish...but not right away. Deron/Johnson/Howard is too much.

EDIT: I see you meant if we trade him to a team not named NJ. Still, no.My point they wont have Howard. You make sure Howard dont stay in the East. You face him and his super team 4 times and most likely put Orlando out of the Playoff hunt. However If Orlando Luck up and Get Bynum and resign and add some key players they will remain one of the better teams in the east. Bynum,Bigbaby,Anderson is a nice front court.

RipCity32
07-03-2012, 10:57 PM
If the Magic were a top 3 team last year the reason for that is getting ready to leave so ill say NO.

MagicBucsSox
07-03-2012, 11:00 PM
We let Hellen Keller run this team the last 7 yrs. only way to rebuild is by trading dwight. Hell as of now our starting pg is Duhon

RipCity32
07-03-2012, 11:04 PM
If Dwight will only agree to a extension with NJ than no other teams will give offers like Denver or NO got.

ManRam
07-03-2012, 11:06 PM
We let Hellen Keller run this team the last 7 yrs. only way to rebuild is by trading dwight. Hell as of now our starting pg is Duhon

Hell Keller did bring in the pieces around Dwight to get them to 2 ECFs, a Finals and a top 5 winningest team over the past 6 years. His problem is that he kept trying to add, instead of worrying about the future/bad contracts...

waveycrockett
07-03-2012, 11:09 PM
Miracles happen

ldawg
07-03-2012, 11:45 PM
Like Howard you guys are over hyping Nets. What has Deron,JJ,and Crash done? Now combine they can form a good team but Hey A healthy Atlanta team overall was better than them. Without Howard they are average. I would bet my bottom dollar.

Dwill,
JJ
Crash
Evans
Lopez

will not beat

Nelson
Mayo
Hedo
Anderson
Bynum

or

Nelson
Richardson
Beasley
Anderson
Bynum

with a bench of
Artest
Bigbaby
Ridick

Avenged
07-03-2012, 11:46 PM
Not anymore.. I mean, unless they retain Dwight and he is motivated, they will always be a solid team out East. A little late to put up a better team than the Nets unless they trade Dwight, and even then probably not since they won't get equal value in return.

ldawg
07-04-2012, 12:03 AM
Net are average at the moment their big three at the moment is not even better than NY big three and they got you scared.

Avenged
07-04-2012, 12:04 AM
Net are average at the moment

I think they're above average. Not great, but solid nonetheless. Better than the Magic imo.

Gritz
07-04-2012, 12:20 AM
lolno

Toastyy
07-04-2012, 12:55 AM
Hate to break it to you but jameer isn't coming back, and i wouldnt bank on Beasley going there either

jmoney85
07-04-2012, 02:30 AM
Net are average at the moment their big three at the moment is not even better than NY big three and they got you scared.

ny has a big three? lol news to me

N3TS
07-04-2012, 02:40 AM
It's possible, but unlikely at this point.