PDA

View Full Version : Nets now hold the most expensive Non-super stars in NBA history

dnewguy
07-03-2012, 07:24 PM
Wow.....Joe Johnson owed $90 million and Deron just secured 20 million/yr for the next 5 years. One would think this guys were dominant in their position the way they're been celebrated.

What do you think of Deron and Johnson's salary?

justinnum1
07-03-2012, 07:24 PM
I think they could be a top 4 team in east moving forward along with boston, miami and chicago. good job to nets management on fielding a nice team in the last 3 days.

dnewguy
07-03-2012, 07:25 PM
I think they could be a top 4 team in east moving forward along with boston, miami and chicago. good job to nets management on fielding a nice team in the last 3 days.

that's a joke right?

Cal827
07-03-2012, 07:25 PM
Dnewguy, never go away... you make the classiest bait threads.

Although I agree they might be overpaid (just like Bosh and Wade), you know some team would be willing to offer the max.

Technically, I think Lebron should be the only one making max money, but it is what it is in the NBA.

TeamSeattle
07-03-2012, 07:26 PM
and we had a lockout for what reason again.....

DragonJaii
07-03-2012, 07:26 PM
that's a joke right?

justin never jokes

bholly
07-03-2012, 07:27 PM
Deron's is right. JJ's is as awful as it's always been. All together it probably makes the Nets' ceiling around a 3 or 4 seed each year, but never really winning, and I'm fine with that. Unless they have a Dwight miracle.

Raph12
07-03-2012, 07:29 PM
If they could land Dwight, it would be hard to bet against them no matter who they opponents were... Without Dwight; DWill-JJ-GForce-Hump-Lopez is still solid and can do damage.

BigBlueCrew
07-03-2012, 07:31 PM
This should get good....I LOVE PSD!!

Raps08-09 Champ
C-Lopez
PF-Kris
SF-Wallace
SG-Johnson
PG-Williams

That's a top 4 team in the East next year.

justinnum1
C-Lopez
PF-Kris
SF-Wallace
SG-Johnson
PG-Williams

sure looks like it.

Delusional
07-03-2012, 07:34 PM
With or without Dwight Howard, the Nets can do some damage. Deron Williams and Joe Johnson is one of the best starting backcourts available. Lopez is a solid offensive technician, Humphries can score and rebound, and same goes for Wallace. They are a 4-6 seed playoff team this year IMO.

ManRam
07-03-2012, 07:35 PM
If they get Howard they will compete with every team in the NBA :shrug:

If they get Ilyasova they COULD be te second best team in the East.

If they settle for Humph and add another bench piece, no way they're lower than a 3-4 seed.

Spending A LOT of money, but they got A LOT better.

Jroz
07-03-2012, 07:35 PM
Hahah I love how Nets Fans think this team will be great this year as is..they are paying Joe Johnson and Gerald Wallace over 10 mil a piece... anyone watch this past season... Joe Johnson is on a sharp decline while Wallace is on the same slope...unless they get Howard I dont see how this team can be much of a threat. Nets fans are all excited now and think they can battle teams like the Heat and the Celtics :confused:

StarvingKnick22
07-03-2012, 07:36 PM
the nets stories get sadder and sadder everytime. they hyped there team this season so much. if there is dissapointment for them, who knows what will happen

Raps08-09 Champ
07-03-2012, 07:36 PM
sure looks like it.

Get Howard and they have 1 of the best starting 5's with

C-Howard
PF-FA
SF-Wallace
SG-Johnson
PG-Williams

bholly
07-03-2012, 07:40 PM
C-Lopez
PF-Kris
SF-Wallace
SG-Johnson
PG-Williams

I'm not so sure about that. They went 22-44 last season. Bringing back Lopez (who knows how well he'll come back?) and swapping pretty much your entire supporting cast for JJ doesn't really guarantee anything. I'd guess they go around 4, but it's far from clear. Just like the Knicks were supposed to be a top 4 team last year, because everyone just looked at the size of the names in the starting lineup.

LongIslandIcedZ
07-03-2012, 07:47 PM
I think their within the top 6 in the east.

Miami
Chicago
Boston
NY
Indiana
NJ

Not necessarily in any order

ManRam
07-03-2012, 07:53 PM
I'm not so sure about that. They went 22-44 last season. Bringing back Lopez (who knows how well he'll come back?) and swapping pretty much your entire supporting cast for JJ doesn't really guarantee anything. I'd guess they go around 4, but it's far from clear. Just like the Knicks were supposed to be a top 4 team last year, because everyone just looked at the size of the names in the starting lineup.

Who cares what their record was last year? Lopez didn't play. Deron was hurt and missed a ton of time. They didn't have Crash for the bulk of the season. Brooks was a rookie.

And that supporting cast was laced with garbage (besides Morrow).

This is a COMPLETELY different team.

numba1CHANGsta
07-03-2012, 07:53 PM
JJ and D-Will combined almost make the same as LBJ/Wade/Bosh LOL

chrislu31
07-03-2012, 07:55 PM
6 TIME ALL-STAR Joe Johnson is still a top 5 shooting guard in the NBA. Will have something to prove this year and will be playing motivated basketball which is something he hasn't done in the past year or so. This Nets team will be very dangerous.

dnewguy
07-03-2012, 07:55 PM

Shyt Cray - Jay Z

Donuts365
07-03-2012, 07:56 PM
the pacers gave miami a hard time on the verge of losing last yr stop hating on nets

greg_ory_2005
07-03-2012, 07:57 PM
Their still probably gonna be a top 4 team in the east.

BigBlueCrew
07-03-2012, 07:59 PM
Who cares what their record was last year? Lopez didn't play. Deron was hurt and missed a ton of time. They didn't have Crash for the bulk of the season. Brooks was a rookie.

And that supporting cast was laced with garbage (besides Morrow).

This is a COMPLETELY different team.

whats the supporting cast gonna be laced with this year???

They already have DWill - Crash - Foreign dude - JJ this is already without Dwight Howard.

GiantsSwaGG
07-03-2012, 07:59 PM
The Nets and Heat are even...Dwight puts then ahead of the heat

rhino17
07-03-2012, 08:00 PM
In what world is Deron not a superstar? He might be the best PG in the NBA

RapToronto95
C-Lopez
PF-Kris
SF-Wallace
SG-Johnson
PG-Williams

I thought they can't bring back Hump and Lopez (cause of Deron) ??

Anyways, although expensive, they do have a decent team and are making improvements.

BigBlueCrew
The Nets and Heat are even...Dwight puts then ahead of the heat

You've been having a field day with this all day

Chronz
07-03-2012, 08:01 PM
Their entire team is overpaid

Punk
07-03-2012, 08:02 PM
Lol...That's all I gotta say.

Heat trolls just know how to show up to a party.

Deemerc
the nets stories get sadder and sadder everytime. they hyped there team this season so much. if there is dissapointment for them, who knows what will happen

Yea cus the Knicks fans don't hype there team up every year :facepalm: bow down and jump on the Brooklyn bandwagon

VinceCarter
Wow.....Joe Johnson owed $90 million and Deron just secured 20 million/yr for the next 5 years. One would think this guys were dominant in their position the way they're been celebrated.

Deron Williams isn't a superstar? Who do you consider superstars?

BKLYNpigeon
07-03-2012, 08:03 PM
JJ has an awful contract, but he will be great playing with Deron Williams. JJ was never a 1st option create your own shot player. as a second option, the dude is just going to be lights out and perform.

Deron Williams is a top 3 point guard and superstar.

arkanian215
07-03-2012, 08:04 PM
0a

smith&wesson
i the nets are going to take the atlantic. IM PISSED for my raps. but happy for them.

NYKnicksAllDay
I wouldn't be surprised if they win the division next year.

LA_Raiders
07-03-2012, 08:05 PM
Get Howard and they have 1 of the best starting 5's with

C-Howard
PF-FA
SF-Wallace
SG-Johnson
PG-Williams

Thats $75M

rockbottom2010
07-03-2012, 08:06 PM
d12 comes in the picture....second best team in the nba

JimmyPop
07-03-2012, 08:09 PM
Add Content

fadedmario
Without Howard that team looks average. They may be a 4 seed if they play well together. But will never sniff championship. It's definitely not a roster to be jealous of.

If they get Howard - that changes everything.

GiantsSwaGG
You've been having a field day with this all day

No im actually serious

NYKnicksAllDay
07-03-2012, 08:10 PM
It's crazy how the Atlantic went from one of the worst divisions in the NBA a few years ago to potentially one of the best.

MattyAction
07-03-2012, 08:10 PM

Coming from a fan of THE most underachieving, overpaid and overhyped squad of the last 20 years. LOL Silly Knicks fans, they'll never get it.

I was told by multiple fans of that team that Lin was already better than DWill. They didn't even know his name 2 weeks prior to that. You can't make this stuff up. :)

fadedmario
07-03-2012, 08:11 PM
At this point - I still have the Knicks, Celtics, 76ers all finishing higher than the Nets next year.

So a 4th place team in their division - not really anything to brag about. If Toronto gets Steve Nash - they may be better than the Nets also - so you're talking a 5th place team in their division.

But - If they get Howard -they should be able to compete for their division title right away.

justinnum1
07-03-2012, 08:11 PM
the pacers gave miami a hard time on the verge of losing last yr stop hating on nets

lol, that series doesn't go past 5 games if bosh was playing.

yanksrock
07-03-2012, 08:13 PM
Deron is worth every penny

BKLYNpigeon
07-03-2012, 08:14 PM
At this point - I still have the Knicks, Celtics, 76ers all finishing higher than the Nets next year.

So a 4th place team in their division - not really anything to brag about. If Toronto gets Steve Nash - they may be better than the Nets also - so you're talking a 5th place team in their division.

But - If they get Howard -they should be able to compete for their division title right away.

youre talking about the 7th seeded Knicks?

ohreally
07-03-2012, 08:14 PM

Well I still expect Nets to make Jj a three team trade before its finalized . Lopez, JJ, maybe even Evans and picks to Magic for Dwight, Turk, and JRich. Though Dwight and JRich were said to not get along.

BigBlueCrew
07-03-2012, 08:15 PM

So if we finished 7th last year, its a guarantee to finish 7th again?

fadedmario
07-03-2012, 08:15 PM
The Knicks will be good this year.

knicksfan42
07-03-2012, 08:16 PM

The same.

unleashthebeast
07-03-2012, 08:17 PM
There is absolutely nothing wrong with Deron's contract, he is a top 15 player in the league.

Evolution23
07-03-2012, 08:17 PM

***** are you stupid? Deron Williams is the 2nd best pg in the NBA.

JerseysFinest
07-03-2012, 08:20 PM

We'll see what happens this season then.

noodle
07-03-2012, 08:22 PM
Heat fans are seriously ****ng stupid. Stfu already...its the same dudes who think that they are so knowledgeable who write the dumbest ****. Punch yourself in the face, you know who you are.

Punk
07-03-2012, 08:25 PM

Yes.

The ones that were 2 games away from the 4th seed, tied for 6th and suffered significant injuries to Iman, Melo, Amare all season along but managed to still finish with a 18-6 record.

It's funny how we get no respect because of the record but Boston was 2 losses away from being the 7th seed. Yet, nobody would mention it.

yankeefan54
07-03-2012, 08:26 PM
Really since deron williams isnt a loudmouth superstar thats wants all the attention peole think he isnta great player

Chucky Woods
07-03-2012, 08:28 PM
In what world is Deron not a superstar? He might be the best PG in the NBAI agree, him and Paul are the best TRUE point guards.

lakersiznumber1
07-03-2012, 08:31 PM
the east is back:clap:

Knicks21
07-03-2012, 08:32 PM
lol, that series doesn't go past 5 games if bosh was playing.

Same can be said for the other teams that were in the playoffs with significant injuries.

justinnum1
07-03-2012, 08:37 PM
Same can be said for the other teams that were in the playoffs with significant injuries.

Ok, every team had injuries. Which team won it all?

handle
07-03-2012, 08:41 PM
Ok, every team had injuries. Which team won it all?

Big deal. Wake me up when they win it in a full season. And everybody knows Chicago would've beat them if DRose didn't go down.

lkingratedr
07-03-2012, 08:41 PM
Nets have a top 5 pg top 10 shooting guard top 10 small forward and will possibly get the top center in.the NBA and yall saying they not going to be good smh ... Dwight Howard took less than that to the playoffs I'm sure they will do some damage

NoahH
07-04-2012, 03:24 PM
Without Dwight they aren't getting out of the second round. So far they put together a nice 2nd gen Atlanta hawks

JasonJohnHorn
07-04-2012, 03:40 PM
I think people will be shaking their haeds at these contracts if they aren't already. I think people were groaning about hte JJ contract as soon as the Hawks signed him to it. But I think they will be doing the same with the D-Will contract in a couple of seasons, most especially if they don't land Dwight, but even if they do land Dwight that will mean that three players are taking up all of the salary cap and that the rest of the roster will be getting paid over the cap and most of them above the luxury tax. This team will be paying out the @$$ for this roster.

waveycrockett
07-04-2012, 03:44 PM
Without Dwight they aren't getting out of the second round. So far they put together a nice 2nd gen Atlanta hawks

Jeff Teague was a top-3 PG?

llemon
07-04-2012, 04:21 PM
The Nets and Heat are even

Only if Nets can play defense like the Heat

jayjay33
07-04-2012, 04:24 PM

What? 5 in their division? Are you on crack?

llemon
07-04-2012, 04:26 PM
So who is the first option on the Nets? Second? Third?

Deron/Brook/JJ 1st option, Crash 4th option.

Kidd>>>K-Mart
07-04-2012, 04:34 PM
Hahah I love how Nets Fans think this team will be great this year as is..they are paying Joe Johnson and Gerald Wallace over 10 mil a piece... anyone watch this past season... Joe Johnson is on a sharp decline while Wallace is on the same slope...unless they get Howard I dont see how this team can be much of a threat. Nets fans are all excited now and think they can battle teams like the Heat and the Celtics :confused:

Typical dumb *** Knicks fan. I'm sure you were the one saying the Knicks were going to win a championship this year and they ****ing **** the bed. Start hating now cause we all know who will be in the shadows of NY the next 5 years.

ball4reel
07-04-2012, 04:38 PM
Why dont we let them play a game before we celebrate there greatness or make fun of how bad they are. I think they could compete with any team in the east not named The Heat. As everyone see's it hard to mesh 2 or more stars. It took the Heat 2yrs to get it and the have the Best player on the planet. Who knows

5ass
07-04-2012, 04:41 PM
they're a 5th seed at worst. miami, chi, boston, ny could have better records

llemon
07-04-2012, 04:43 PM

I believe Deron took a few mil under the max. He is a superstar (that's what everybody tells me).

JJ is a star. Certainly overpaid.

Crash is a very good player. Overpaid by a year.

Now let's talk about Hedo & Arenas/Lewis & Carter/Richardson.

THE_FLASH_21
07-04-2012, 04:50 PM

Why are Knicks fans such damn haters on the Nets?? Im not a Nets fan, but jeeez.. I remember the same crap u guys were talking when u signed Amare and traded for Melo.... Seems to me, u guys are mad because you traded for the wrong player in Melo and signed a horrible horrible player in Amare.. LOL Oh you Knicks fans.. lol

D2theJ
07-04-2012, 04:52 PM
that's a joke right?

Whats a joke is you not calling Deron Williams a superstar. Hes the best PG in the NBA in my opinion only one who might be better is Paul.

ball4reel
07-04-2012, 04:55 PM
Why are Knicks fans such damn haters on the Nets?? Im not a Nets fan, but jeeez.. I remember the same crap u guys were talking when u signed Amare and traded for Melo.... Seems to me, u guys are mad because you traded for the wrong player in Melo and signed a horrible horrible player in Amare.. LOL Oh you Knicks fans.. lol

Its funny How everyone picks out the homer Knick fans and Quotes them then generalize the whole fan base..We Get bashed at every turn but God forbid we bash then it turns into look at your Horrible team..

YoungOne
lol only knicks fans say this nets team is bad, although its probably better than the knicks.

BGeer091
Yeah arguably the most complete point guard in the league isn't a superstar..... Joe Johnson is still an awesome player.... SMH

justinnum1
07-04-2012, 04:59 PM
Whats a joke is you not calling Deron Williams a superstar. Hes the best PG in the NBA in my opinion only one who might be better is Paul.

whoa there pal, dwill is top 5, but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

LongIslandIcedZ
07-04-2012, 05:02 PM

Go take a look at any thread that has Knicks in the title. It'll answer your question pretty well.

D2theJ
07-04-2012, 05:04 PM

Are you kidding me?

Lopez is already doing basketball activity and he'll be ready to go opening day he'll be fine.

All the people they traded for JJ were bench players, 2 of which (Petro and Stevenson) were complete garbage.

If they don't trade for Howard, the bench could consist of a young offensive stud in Brooks, Gerald Green who looked like the real deal last year dunking on everyone and hitting shots consistently, and they just signed Teletovic from Bosnia who looks like an absolute sniper from outside.

They won 22 games because Lopez played 5 total, they didnt have Wallace til the end of the year, and the team as a whole had the most games missed by injury by far.

If Rose isn't healthy and doesn't come back til late they will be a 2 or 3 seed in the East regardless of Dwight.

Carmelo is not a winner hes a ball hog and thats why the Knicks underachieved, once he learns that they could be a top 5 team in the East.

calibird707
07-04-2012, 05:05 PM
Nets will be legit....wallace and jj...are overpaid but solid nonetheless...i think they should keep lopez and all there other assets moving forward...dwight is a crybaby..i wouldnt want him on my team...mia,boston,chi,ny...top 4 no particular order...brklyn will fall in behind somewhere

D2theJ
07-04-2012, 05:09 PM

I wouldn't argue if someone said Paul is better but who else?

Rose is hurt who knows what he'll return to be
Westbrook shoots a terrible percentage and can't pass
Rondo can't score
Nash is old and isn't as good as he once was (although still very good)

Deron is the complete package. He can pass, shoot, and score inside. Hes a big point guard who can defend and can post up. Has a great crossover and he can also play off the ball to come off screens and hit jump shots. I don't see a more complete point guard in the NBA.

Chill_Will_24
07-04-2012, 05:10 PM

So do Amare and Carmelo :shrug:

Rockice_8
07-04-2012, 05:12 PM

Same can be said about the Knicks so what's your point. Oh that's right your a Nets hater.

This thread should be locked it's stupid.

THE MTL
07-04-2012, 05:16 PM
People seriously sleeping on Brook Lopez. He is ARUGABLY the best offensive center in the league and has averaged 20ppg before. Even if the Nets dont trade for Howard (which they probi are) they will be a pretty good team.

They are going to be in luxury tax hell though. Between Williams, Johnson, and Wallace...thats already a 50 million dollar payroll. And if they manage to get Howard then 70 million on four ppl? You are already nearing the luxury tax line.

Chill_Will_24
07-04-2012, 05:17 PM
Funny people complaining about the Nets related stories and how us Nets fans think we the **** now but a Nets fan didnt start this thread and i saw the first comment by a Nets fan on the 5th page

Are people really hating on the Nets now? Is this real? I think im liking this

Chill_Will_24
07-04-2012, 05:19 PM
And props to the unbiased Knicks fans that are showing props and keeping a level head about this.

justinnum1
07-04-2012, 05:21 PM
So do Amare and Carmelo :shrug:

yea, and the nets have the best player of those 4.

Jarvo
07-04-2012, 05:28 PM
I think the Pacers can beat the Celtics and Bulls they have more of a complete team, IF they keep Hibbert.

Chill_Will_24
07-04-2012, 05:31 PM
yea, and the nets have the best player of those 4.

You and i sir are on the same page.

Not hating but i actually think the Knicks did a very poor job building their team. I mean its crazy to think that if they had not gotten lucky with that Lin find they would have most likely not made the playoffs and they have little room for any moves truthfully.

I hope that they figure something out

THE_FLASH_21
07-04-2012, 05:31 PM

Dwill is the best over all PG so i'd put him #1 or 1B after Paul.. Better jump shot, Better post up PG, better Cross Over, Yea paul can Shoot and Pass, But Deron is up there with him. And Deron has also lead the Jazz deep in the playoffs a few years cant say the same about Paul . And please dont mention the Westbrook crap... He ****en sank the Thunders ship. All he can do is ball hog really good. NO PASSING and BAD DECISIONS!! He is NO PG!!

cubbies7177
07-04-2012, 05:36 PM

says the knicks fan... what a joke.

knicks fans hype their team EVERY YEAR. alright, go out and get nash... 2nd round exit at best.

Hawkeye15
07-04-2012, 05:38 PM
Getting Dwight would make them a top 3 team in the east, but I do agree to an extent. Deron just became overpaid, but Joe Johnson is by far and away the most overrated, overpaid "star" in the NBA. The man regresses to basically an average player once the playoffs start. For $20 million a season.

b@llhog24
07-04-2012, 05:39 PM
To the OP: How is Deron not a superstar? :confused:

When healthy he's the #2.

You and i sir are on the same page.

Not hating but i actually think the Knicks did a very poor job building their team. I mean its crazy to think that if they had not gotten lucky with that Lin find they would have most likely not made the playoffs and they have little room for any moves truthfully.

I hope that they figure something out

No they didn't it just they ran into the best team in their conference and were riddled with injuries.

Dwill is the best over all PG so i'd put him #1 or 1B after Paul.. Better jump shot, Better post up PG, better Cross Over, Yea paul can Shoot and Pass, But Deron is up there with him. And Deron has also lead the Jazz deep in the playoffs a few years cant say the same about Paul . And please dont mention the Westbrook crap... He ****en sank the Thunders ship. All he can do is ball hog really good. NO PASSING and BAD DECISIONS!! He is NO PG!!

Actually there's a clear separation between Paul and every other PG. Its Paul then Westbrook/Dwill/Rose depending on what you like.

justinnum1
07-04-2012, 05:43 PM
Getting Dwight would make them a top 3 team in the east, but I do agree to an extent. Deron just became overpaid, but Joe Johnson is by far and away the most overrated, overpaid "star" in the NBA. The man regresses to basically an average player once the playoffs start. For $20 million a season.

aside from the contract, i think he will look a lot better when not asked to be the #1 option.

NYY09
07-04-2012, 05:47 PM
So wait, they are just gonna walk on the court and play championship ball right away? :facepalm:

BigBlueCrew
07-04-2012, 05:48 PM
So wait, they are just gonna walk on the court and play championship ball right away? :facepalm:

Thats what I heard

jtrinaldi
07-04-2012, 05:49 PM
This thread smels of Homerism

Chill_Will_24
07-04-2012, 05:50 PM
No they didn't it just they ran into the best team in their conference and were riddled with injuries.

I don't just mean the playoffs. I mean the regular season too. They have players that don't fit together and the untradeable albatross contract of Amare makes it difficult to change that.

Now they wanna trade their most promising young player so they can pay 30mil to a 38y old that has never thrived in an offense like the one they play.

I mean that is a nightmare. I would rather have the Nets overpaid players than that mess that is the Knicks

BTW again, im NOT hating. Im just pointing out what i think.

KniCks4LiFe
07-04-2012, 05:55 PM
I don't even know why any fans would hate on the Nets fans :laugh2: they went through the middle child syndrome in the tri-state. NO ONE CARED! now they move to Brooklyn and everyone is mad? Why UMAD? :laugh2:

Deron Williams is the best PG in the NBA
Joe Johnson is a top 5 SG in the game
Gerald Wallace is a top 5 everything SF in the game, he fills the stat sheets Pts/Asts/Blks/Rebs/Stls
Brook Lopez is the 2nd - prbly 5th best scoring offensive center in the game

This team is probably taking the Atlantic division. Plus thier pieces actually fit!

picture 80-90 possessions

Deron is the PG
JJ averages 18 shots a game
Wallace is a slasher
Lopez in his young career averages 14 shots per game

It's a tough team.

thekmp211
07-04-2012, 05:58 PM
Dnewguy, never go away... you make the classiest bait threads.

Although I agree they might be overpaid (just like Bosh and Wade), you know some team would be willing to offer the max.

Technically, I think Lebron should be the only one making max money, but it is what it is in the NBA.

lol.

why does OP care? proky has the money to spend and they have imroved the on-court product.

more specifically, if they can land dwight all three will become very underpaid once they start winning and contending. so...yeah. no.

THE_FLASH_21
07-04-2012, 05:58 PM
Actually there's a clear separation between Paul and every other PG. Its Paul then Westbrook/Dwill/Rose depending on what you like.

Chris Paul has not done much in Playoffs.. WB is a blackhole that just kills a team.. Deron makes everyone around him better like Paul.. I still think Deron is the best PG

NYSpirit1
07-04-2012, 06:01 PM
This thread is ridiculous. Deron Williams deserved that money every bit as much as Wade or Bosh does.

And while the length of Joe Johnson's contract and some money is ridiculous, him making $15 million a year instead of $20 is about right. He's every bit as good as Bosh.

This is just a Heat fan being annoyed that (if) the Nets get Howard and Nash to the Knicks, the Heat might not win next year.

justinnum1
07-04-2012, 06:02 PM
This thread is ridiculous. Deron Williams deserved that money every bit as much as Wade or Bosh does.

And while the length of Joe Johnson's contract and some money is ridiculous, him making $15 million a year instead of $20 is about right. He's every bit as good as Bosh.

This is just a Heat fan being annoyed that (if) the Nets get Howard and Nash to the Knicks, the Heat might not win next year.

what? bosh is better than JJ any day of the week

NYSpirit1
07-04-2012, 06:08 PM
what? bosh is better than JJ any day of the week

Not really. Johnson and Bosh had led their teams for years and they both made the All-Star reserve team every year. Bosh's teams were horrible, while at least Johnson led his team to the second round and 50 win seasons.

Johnson is overpaid, but he's still a borderline superstar in his own right. He just doesn't deserve year 5 and 6 of his deal, otherwise it wouldn't be a big deal if he only had 2 years left.

Bosh and Johnson are in the same league, solid third options on a perennial team, which is what Johnson will be if Howard comes.

popo85
07-04-2012, 06:08 PM
D-Will deserved the money a top 3 pg the last 5 years, unlike guys like Gordon or Hibbert getting the max without proving anything in the league.

Jarvo
07-04-2012, 06:26 PM

Hell yeah Nets going 80-2 !:win::clap::laugh2:

b@llhog24
07-04-2012, 06:32 PM
Chris Paul has not done much in Playoffs..

Actually Paul has wrecked **** alot of times in the playoffs, his relatively talent-less teams just haven't been able to. Cp3 is the last guy to point the blame to for his teams not advancing in the playoffs.

WB is a blackhole that just kills a team..

Proof?

ManRam
07-04-2012, 07:13 PM
If they get Ilyasova, even instead of Dwight, that starting 5 will be great (assuming Brook is re-signed). Deron/Joe/Crash/Ilyasova/Brook with Teletovic/Brooks/Evans etc. is pretty darn solid.

imagesrdecievin
07-04-2012, 07:25 PM
As a humble Nets fan that has seen many ups and downs - I am thrilled to see my team getting so much deserved attention. Billy King took an enormous gamble and made it pay off.

So far the worst (valid) criticism I have heard of this team is that it will be in "luxury tax hell". I love it. My owner is willing to pay what it takes to open Brooklyn as a contender.

The way the east is shaping up we are a top 4 team on paper. Obviously the games still have to be played - but we are a team to be wreckoned with now. That's all I can ask of ownership and the front office.

It's been a long time - but it feels good to be a Nets fan again!

Go Brooklyn!!!

ManRam
07-04-2012, 07:31 PM
As a humble Nets fan that has seen many ups and downs - I am thrilled to see my team getting so much deserved attention. Billy King took an enormous gamble and made it pay off.

So far the worst (valid) criticism I have heard of this team is that it will be in "luxury tax hell". I love it. My owner is willing to pay what it takes to open Brooklyn as a contender.

The way the east is shaping up we are a top 4 team on paper. Obviously the games still have to be played - but we are a team to be wreckoned with now. That's all I can ask of ownership and the front office.

Go Brooklyn!!!

Luxury tax hell doesn't impact the team on the court this year...

But it will prevent them from bringing in more pieces to keep the team where they want it to be. I don't think it's a problem right now, but 2-3 years from now in terms of personnel, it could be a real issue not worth playing off.

But yeah, Proky couldn't care less how much comes out of his pockets...even $50M or whatever is chump change to him. Dude is worth north of 10-13 BILLION dollars...

JerseyPalahniuk
07-04-2012, 07:38 PM

Go Brooklyn!!!

My thoughts exactly! We've had far too much negative attention by either being ignored, laughed at, or unfair criticism even after being the worst injury-plagued team of the year. I hope other Nets fans don't hype us up too much. I think we're a 3-5 seed now and with Dwight a 2-3 but all i want now is PLAYOFFS. It's been a long 5 years. I really had hoped Kidd would usher in our new era like last time though... (and I want Gerald Green back too bring just make Barclays Center EXPLODE with his dunks and high energy)

BigBlueCrew
07-04-2012, 07:40 PM
My thoughts exactly! We've had far too much negative attention by either being ignored, laughed at, or unfair criticism even after being the worst injury-plagued team of the year. I hope other Nets fans don't hype us up too much. I think we're a 3-5 seed now and with Dwight a 2-3 but all i want now is PLAYOFFS. It's been a long 5 years. I really had hoped Kidd would usher in our new era like last time though... (and I want Gerald Green back too bring just make Barclays Center EXPLODE with his dunks and high energy)

uh...you need to have a sit down with WaveyCrockett

onlythisfar41
07-04-2012, 07:58 PM

Well said.

netsgiantsyanks
07-04-2012, 08:03 PM
deron williams isn't a superstar? i'm no homer, but c'mon son.

timz-a-changin
07-04-2012, 08:11 PM
I like what the nets are doing. If they are able to get Dwight they are taking Turk also. Those aquisitions and being able to keep crash, imo puts them in front of the Heat.

Johnson may not be worth his contract in Atlanta, but Deron is arguably the best pg in the league and will make Johnson much better.

Deron
Johnson
Turk
Wallace
Dwight

fadedmario
07-04-2012, 08:14 PM

x2 Homer of decade

Toastyy
07-04-2012, 08:28 PM
For JJ I see your point, but deron a the poster child for superstar

imagesrdecievin
07-04-2012, 08:33 PM

I laughed hard at this.

And where is DoMeFavors? Did PSD pre-emptively ban him?