PDA

View Full Version : what happens after this era of basketball ends?

4 POINT PLAY LJ
07-03-2012, 06:31 PM
When I mean this era, I mean lebron, Carmelo, wade, bosh, Howard etc.

I see no real ballers coming out from the draft. Like, there is no heart or talent from these younger guys anymore.

Atleast when Jordan left you had : shaq, mcgrady, Kobe, Garnett etc.

Once Kobe leaves you have: lebron, Melo, wade, howard

Once lebron leaves, I really don't see any good players.

ink
07-03-2012, 06:34 PM
When I mean this era, I mean lebron, Carmelo, wade, bosh, Howard etc.

I see no real ballers coming out from the draft. Like, there is no heart or talent from these younger guys anymore.

Atleast when Jordan left you had : shaq, mcgrady, Kobe, Garnett etc.

Yeah, Durant's a stiff. ;)

celtNYpatsHeels
07-03-2012, 06:35 PM
Well those guys that you mentioned still have a good 7 year run so there is time.

But you have young guys like Durant Rose Love Westbrook Irving Davis Wall Cousins Monroe etc

And then the guys in college like Noel Muhammed Zeller

gbrl
07-03-2012, 06:36 PM
Yeah, Durant's a stiff. ;)

and that rose and westbrook suck

ink
07-03-2012, 06:37 PM
and that rose and westbrook suck

I actually find the new guard coming in to be more exciting.

WolvesJagsOs
07-03-2012, 06:42 PM
Love? Rose? Westbrook? Durant? Irving? Rubio? Wall? Maybe A.Davis. Plenty of young up and coming players.

Bigbadmoffo
A new One begins:p

bholly
LeBron's 27. Based on age, this is like asking what happens after the MJ era when it's still only 1990.

4 POINT PLAY LJ
07-03-2012, 06:43 PM
I actually think the only dominant players are going to be rose and durant.

And they don't even play with that much emotion, it drives me crazyyy

Hellcrooner
07-03-2012, 06:43 PM
Then it will come the Jonathan Barreiro era.

Jarvo
07-03-2012, 06:44 PM
Durant & Rose?

4 POINT PLAY LJ
07-03-2012, 06:45 PM
durant & rose?

only 2 superstars in the whole league after lebron.

Huntey
07-03-2012, 06:47 PM
This is a stupid thread. When the other guys retire (could still be 10+ years away from that) there will be more star players.

...It's just that they're 10-12 years old right now

dtmagnet
07-03-2012, 06:47 PM
We are already seeing new talent come in and light it up.

IVE GOT WOOD
07-03-2012, 06:48 PM
A new crop will come in to take their place and by then i think it will be flooded with more International players than it is today I look forward to it.

KaganRS
07-03-2012, 06:49 PM

For the current generation of players leaving around the same time as Lebron you forgot Chris Paul !

After Lebron - still Durant for about 5 years, Rose , Westbrook , Rondo , Williams.

are you talking about All stars , or Hall of Famers ?

avrpatsfan
07-03-2012, 06:49 PM
As if the NBA will ever be lacking for talent :rolleyes:

GrumpyOldMan
07-03-2012, 06:50 PM
I remember similar questions being asked after every era. The answer is always the same. As long as there is a great game there will be great players. It has always worked out. You just never know where it will come from. That's what makes it great IMO.

b@llhog24
Kyrie says hi.

4 POINT PLAY LJ
We are already seeing new talent come in and light it up.

Yea but there is that one guy that puts the NBA in the map. Only 2 players have done it so far lebron and Jordan

Bishnoff
07-03-2012, 06:52 PM

Beat me to it lol.

thekmp211
07-03-2012, 06:55 PM
i mean clearly you don't remember how risky KG was considered to be at the time he was drafted. almost no one thought durant would be better than greg oden. russell westbrook was a reach, OJ mayo > kevin love ect ect ect

KaganRS
07-03-2012, 06:57 PM
Kyrie says hi.

Knight says ..umm what

Huntey
07-03-2012, 06:57 PM
Yea but there is that one guy that puts the NBA in the map. Only 2 players have done it so far lebron and Jordan

Russell, Wilt, Kareem, Hakeem, Magic, shaq(!!) have all put the NBA on the map. The list is huge.

There will always be new stars coming into the league and new stars emerging. end of. close thread.

Bruno
07-03-2012, 06:58 PM
Durant, Love, Westbrook, Harden, Irving, Gordon, Rubio, Blake Griffin, and Derrick Rose are all born in 1988, or later. Andrew Bynum, 1987. The league will be fine.

The game will always move on. it's the way she goes.

SeoulBeatz
07-03-2012, 06:59 PM
only 2 superstars in the whole league after lebron.

There are plenty of exciting young players to carry the torch when Lebron is gone.

Durant, Rose, Blake Griffin, Love, Kyrie, Westy.

Players from this draft class could well develop into stars as well.

I'm assuming you haven't been watchin the league for a while, because you got to realize that a lot of superstars don't just come in and dominate from the start; you got to give them time to develop and there's an abundance of young talent in this league just waiting to break out.

4 POINT PLAY LJ
07-03-2012, 07:00 PM

Russell, Wilt, Kareem, Hakeem, Magic, shaq(!!) have all put the NBA on the map. The list is huge.

There will always be new stars coming into the league and new stars emerging. end of. close thread.

Okay let me ask you a question, who would you rather be : Russell, Wilt, Kareem, Hakeem, Magic, shaq

Or

Lebron or Jordan.

I'll wait.

ZamboniCub
07-03-2012, 07:07 PM
after lebron leaves, the nba will be a sad shell of its old self, basketball will die soccer will rise. david stern will never retire and try to move the nba to the moon, 50 foot hoops lazer guns oxygen suits moon shoes and alien sex. yup a sad day is coming.

rockbottom2010
07-03-2012, 07:07 PM
wat about anthony davis and mkg....don't forget those guys...then u have julius randle, jabari parker, and andrew wiggins, cody zeller, and jame mcadoo....oh it will get big down the road.....

4 POINT PLAY LJ
07-03-2012, 07:08 PM
after lebron leaves, the nba will be a sad shell of its old self, basketball will die soccer will rise. david stern will never retire and try to move the nba to the moon, 50 foot hoops lazer guns oxygen suits moon shoes and alien sex. yup a sad day is coming.

Agreed

JesusWears24
07-03-2012, 07:10 PM
Lebron never had an era.. It was Kobe's when he entered and now its Durants.

Huntey
07-03-2012, 07:13 PM
Okay let me ask you a question, who would you rather be : Russell, Wilt, Kareem, Hakeem, Magic, shaq

Or

Lebron or Jordan.

I'll wait.

Huh?

Who would I rather be? What's that got to do with it?

Those guys put the NBA on the map before Jordan did and guys will do it after Lebron has done it (there is still a draft every year right?).

And btw put Kobe up there too. He's helped make the game as popular as it is.

As for who i'd rather be... I'll be the guy who was the healthiest and happiest (and richest).

And like I said, you might not be seeing any star players come up, even though there is quite a few, but that's because the next Lebron might not even be in high school yet.

Bravo95
07-03-2012, 07:14 PM
wat about anthony davis and mkg....don't forget those guys...then u have julius randle, jabari parker, and andrew wiggins, cody zeller, and jame mcadoo....oh it will get big down the road.....
And Shabazz Muhammad has the defensive intensity to go with his offense also.

Six-8-TheWizard
07-03-2012, 07:14 PM

This. Its a continuous cycle

thekmp211
07-03-2012, 07:15 PM
Lebron never had an era.. It was Kobe's when he entered and now its Durants.

:facepalm:

GrumpyOldMan
07-03-2012, 07:15 PM
We have to remember what guys like Dirk and Yao Ming have done to globalize the game as well. Yao may not have lasted long, but he introduced billions of new fans to the NBA.

4 POINT PLAY LJ
07-03-2012, 07:20 PM
Nobody knew what the NBA was before Jordan my dude. When Jordan came out with his sneakers everybody wanted them.

When he did the shrug, everyone the next day, did it when they made a shot.

When he developed the fadeaway, everyone tried to mimic it (Kobe).

As for who would you rather be, who is the richest? Jordan

Happiest: depends
Healthiest: depends

4 POINT PLAY LJ
07-03-2012, 07:21 PM
We have to remember what guys like Dirk and Yao Ming have done to globalize the game as well. Yao may not have lasted long, but he introduced billions of new fans to the NBA.

Oo yea I never thought of that lol JEREMY LIN TO THE RESCUE

GrumpyOldMan
07-03-2012, 07:26 PM
Nobody knew what the NBA was before Jordan my dude. When Jordan came out with his sneakers everybody wanted them.

Lots of old people like me were very much aware of the NBA long before Jordan. Just because clips of Wilt and Russell aren't readilly available on Youtube doesn't dimminish their contributions to the game.
The Magic and the Lakers vs Bird and the Celtics battles in the 80's were every bit as big as Jordan and the Bulls in the 90's. I just get the feeling you weren't around for it.

ink
07-03-2012, 07:28 PM
When the draft class of 2003 is done the league may just improve.

SeoulBeatz
07-03-2012, 07:28 PM

Ever heard of magic and Larry?

LongIslandIcedZ
07-03-2012, 07:30 PM
I been scouting the Middle schoolers and high schoolers out there. The league is in trouble long term.

4 POINT PLAY LJ
07-03-2012, 07:30 PM
I guess I gotta respect my elders, if your that old.

ink
07-03-2012, 07:31 PM

:speechless:

Yeah even Bill Russell couldn't get directions to Boston Gardens. No one knew who the Celtics were. /sarcasm

Huntey
07-03-2012, 07:34 PM

Where you even there?

Yes Jordan made the game huge but the game was growing before he came along. It wasn't nothing. Local stars played for their colleges then moved onto the NBA or the ABA if they were good enough. Not only did people watch college ball, they watched the pro games too. In the mid 70's when they merged all the local stars were playing in one big league. Suprise, suprise, people watched that.

I don't know when the next Jordan is going to come along, but that doesn't mean there won't be one.

topdog
07-03-2012, 07:34 PM
Isn't there that Mormon kid in high school who is supposed to be the next Lebron? Anyway, that is the only thing I can think of you asking (who's going to be the next GOAT challenger) because their obviously are a ton of young stars (especially from the '08 draft).

beerman28
07-03-2012, 07:35 PM
Basketball is definately not what it use to be.. All of these players arent dominant like back in the day.. Theyre all about themeselves and getting rings and money.. They dont even seem to care about the whole thrill of the game drilling shots like reggie or jordan.. Going against the best.. These teams dont deserve the attention that was given to the nba back in the day.. Durant, kyrie, love, and tose seem to be the breath of fresh air.. Teams winning championships by driving lanes just to look for fouls reguardless if they make it or not make true fans sick.. conspiring to join or demanding trades to specific teams isnt part of this game.. I expect negative reactions from certian fans.. But true fans know what the old school nba was about..

fadedmario
07-03-2012, 07:37 PM
There will always be new players - lol - for all you know this year's rookies will be the best draft class ever. No one on here has a crystal ball.

gilly
07-03-2012, 07:47 PM
Current era > ??????????? > my son drafted into the league > Next Golden Era

4 POINT PLAY LJ
07-03-2012, 08:22 PM
I guess everyone is bill nighy the science guy in here huh?

rockbottom2010
07-04-2012, 12:10 PM
And Shabazz Muhammad has the defensive intensity to go with his offense also.

him and noel too...totally forgot to mention about them.....

to all the serious nba fans....they would know the future of the nba is gonna be brighter than ever.....this forum is pointless...nuff said.....

koreancabbage
07-04-2012, 12:18 PM
its the Andrew Wiggins era

Hangtime
07-04-2012, 12:23 PM
The Javale Mcgee era will begin and dominate these scrubs.

Hellcrooner
07-04-2012, 12:26 PM
Isn't there that Mormon kid in high school who is supposed to be the next Lebron? Anyway, that is the only thing I can think of you asking (who's going to be the next GOAT challenger) because their obviously are a ton of young stars (especially from the '08 draft).

The Next goat challenger will be an african kid that learns his basketball in an european league.

I Rock Shaqs
07-04-2012, 12:50 PM
Kyrie Irving is going to be big, Demarcus Cousins is going to be big, Andrew Bynum....smh, James Harden, even know he bugs me like crazy. that's all i can think off of the top of my head.

aztr0
07-04-2012, 01:05 PM
When this era of basketball ends, a new one will unfold. Very hard idea to grasp, I know.:facepalm:

aussie
07-04-2012, 01:07 PM
Davis and Rivers ;)

Frozenred
07-04-2012, 01:20 PM
This is a stupid thread. When the other guys retire (could still be 10+ years away from that) there will be more star players.

...It's just that they're 10-12 years old right now

Frozenred
07-04-2012, 01:21 PM

That is Jabari Parker. Out of Simeon in Chicago.

UPRock
07-04-2012, 01:26 PM
A new one begins.

thekmp211
07-04-2012, 01:30 PM
The Next goat challenger will be an african kid that learns his basketball in an european league.

LOLOLOL serge ibaka is going to challenge for the goat?

crooner...lmao. thanks for that.

but to that point there is some 10 year old kid playing basketball right now who will be better at that than any of us are at anything. so everyone just chill

koLohe2133
07-04-2012, 01:48 PM

but to that point there is some 10 year old kid playing basketball right now who will be better at that than any of us are at anything. so everyone just chill

See, I said something like that before. Except he was in a missile silo in china.... Then we got Yao Ming and you saw how that turned out!

slugger82685
07-04-2012, 01:49 PM
when this era ends......there will be a new era

Hellcrooner
07-04-2012, 01:51 PM

Not ibaka, he doesnt have the SKILL needed.

But there will be some other african with the BODY , the BRAIN, the SKILLS and that get the Euro fundamentals.

THink bout a dwight with a DUncans/Hakeem/Kobe BRains Dirk/pau/Manus Fundamentals.

Scary uh?

Hellcrooner
07-04-2012, 01:53 PM
also im sure there must be some american sensation in the H.S level right now i guess?

In spain we got a new "ricky" right now.....only that he is 14 6,7 ( projected to 6,9/6,10) that plays....go figure ......POINT GUARD.

superwill
07-04-2012, 02:14 PM
The second Jordan era will begin Marcus Jordan takeover coming soon

C_Mund
07-04-2012, 02:17 PM
Andrew Wiggins. As a Canadian that's all I can really think about.....

BlinkManJan02
07-04-2012, 02:25 PM
There are always going to be stars. Whenever an era ends a new one always begins. Even if it isn't as good as the previous one.

aLau10
07-04-2012, 02:28 PM
Basketball is forever changing, we cant expect basketball to ever go back to how it used to be even todays basketball cant be compared with back thens. I really find basketball to get less exciting, its all about one or two players on a single team that does everything, the level seems to be getting worse too. :(