PDA

View Full Version : Celtics and Jason Terry agree on deal - 3 years @ MLE (post 53)

joeystats
07-03-2012, 02:17 PM
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
Celtics are in final discussions on terms of a multi-year deal with Mavericks free agent guard Jason Terry, sources tells Yahoo! Sports.

https://twitter.com/#!/SpearsNBAYahoo

Keep in mind Celtics coach Doc Rivers said he wanted both Ray Allen & Jason Terry in this recent Yahoo! Sports story:

iam brett favre
07-03-2012, 02:22 PM
So this means Allen to Utah? Awesome.

justinnum1
07-03-2012, 02:23 PM
Damn! Boston is going to be nasty next year. It looks like they might get terry and allen.

justinnum1
07-03-2012, 02:24 PM
spears
Celtics are in final discussions on terms of a multi-year deal with Mavericks free agent guard Jason Terry, sources tells Yahoo! Sports.

Keep in mind Celtics coach Doc Rivers said he wanted both Ray Allen & Jason Terry in this recent Yahoo! Sports story:

if they get both boston is going to be really good

StarvingKnick22
07-03-2012, 02:24 PM
nice replacement for allen

Hawkeye15
07-03-2012, 02:25 PM
well, at least a player I despise is going to a team I don't like. Win/win for me, since I don't have to not like a team I was previously indifferent to for signing him.

Losoway
07-03-2012, 02:26 PM
Boston still cant beat the heat or the nets (if they get howard)

i think terry should have stayed with the mavs... his chemistry there was great

avrpatsfan
07-03-2012, 02:27 PM
nice replacement for allen
We may be getting Ray back too

Nikeman
07-03-2012, 02:27 PM
If Boston gets both Allen/Terry I will be mad!

That being said, if Ray Ray wants PT he won't be heading back because Rondo is a lock for 40 minutes at one guard slot,

then Avery Bradley, Terry, and Allen for the 2 guard?

Knick_Fever
07-03-2012, 02:28 PM
Damn! Boston is going to be nasty next year. It looks like they might get terry and allen.

This is why I said Boston will be good again next year, good draft, return of Green and Bradley, and if they got Terry. Like you said, Boston vs. Heat ECF again. And if the big three can stay healthy, with an improving Rondo, they can take it. But "health" is their biggest challenge.

justinnum1

Boston is going to be damn good next year, especially if allen returns

rondo
terry
allen
pierce
KG

damn...a bunch of heat killers on that team lol

NYMetropolitans

They came so close to beating the Heat this year :confused:. So why can't they perhaps try and succeed next year?

justinnum1
07-03-2012, 02:29 PM
They came so close to beating the Heat this year :confused:. So why can't they perhaps try and succeed next year?

With bosh out and injured? you would forget that

Slug3
07-03-2012, 02:30 PM
Would have some great wing players to close out games if they get both.

Knick_Fever
07-03-2012, 02:31 PM

Terry will have no problem fitting in with the celtics, his style allows him to adjust quickly, they're veterans, he'll come off the bench and be clutch, because thats what he is. Like I said earlier, good draft, return of Bradley and Green, a healthy Ray Allen and an improving Rondo makes the Celts dangerous.

avrpatsfan
07-03-2012, 02:31 PM
Bosh came back. But we never got Bradley, Green, or Wilcox back. It works both ways.

nicegoing
07-03-2012, 02:32 PM
Avery Bradley, Jason Terry and Ray Allen? I don't think Allen will sign there, he won't get as many minutes and will have a better chance to win elsewhere.

ewmania
07-03-2012, 02:33 PM
great pickup for boston... so whats the need for ray allen now since they want to prospect bradley

Knick_Fever
07-03-2012, 02:34 PM

Please stop using injuries as excuses! Ray Allen was working off one leg, Bradley and Green were out as well. Besides, the games were close, even with Bosh.

marj987
Boston is going to love Terry, clutch shot after clutch shot of ray Allen signs, god I'm going to miss terry.

Punk
Bosh came back. But we never got Bradley, Green, or Wilcox back. It works both ways.

Not when it comes to Heat fans. Obviously.

Nikeman
07-03-2012, 02:35 PM
Please stop using injuries as excuses! Ray Allen was working off one leg, Bradley and Green were out as well. Besides, the games were close, even with Bosh.

Ray Allen still played a fine series.. and Bosh is a star level talent which was out for Miami and someone who is arguably Miami's most important player.

justinnum1
07-03-2012, 02:35 PM

None of those guys are your 2nd most important player, and wade was injured too and needs surgery... Lets hope both teams are at full health next year in the ECF

justinnum1
07-03-2012, 02:36 PM

Then you cant use injuries as an excuse in the knicks first round loss.

Knick_Fever
07-03-2012, 02:39 PM
Ray Allen still played a fine series.. and Bosh is a star level talent which was out for Miami and someone who is arguably Miami's most important player.

Well he better turn into something more than "important" next season because Boston is looking real scary. They got an array of arsenal that they can play around with now.

NYMetropolitans
07-03-2012, 02:40 PM

I said ALMOST beat them, I didn't say SHOULD HAVE. I also said TRY to beat the Heat this year. Stop trying to bait Knicks fans left and right I'm so tired of it. You know what's also hilarious? A lot of Heat fans were so scared when Bosh came back because they thought it might ruin the chemistry Wade/LeBron had created in the short time he was gone and then he comes back and does well and all of the sudden it's all hail Bosh. Please, give me a break. Congratulations on your trophy, really, but it doesn't give you an excuse to run around these forums acting like 1. you're better than everyone else and 2. like a troll. Something I've seen you do time and time again.

Giannis94
07-03-2012, 02:42 PM

seriously? You got some white stiff from europe and if they get Dwight they have 2 stars (Dwight and Deron) and 2 sold role players in Wallace and JJ. All teams will have to do is to play physical, which a team like Boston can exploit. A team with 4 players is going to wear down easily......

Knick_Fever
07-03-2012, 02:42 PM
Then you cant use injuries as an excuse in the knicks first round loss.

You're right, but maybe we could've pushed 6 at best.

joeystats
07-03-2012, 02:43 PM
Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine
Reply Retweet Favorite ·More
But source stresses that Terry will go back to Mavs to give them chance to counter before finalizing three-year deal, believed to be at MLE

justinnum1
07-03-2012, 02:45 PM
Well he better turn into something more than "important" next season because Boston is looking real scary. They got an array of arsenal that they can play around with now.
For sure, boston has always been scary to me.

But source stresses that Terry will go back to Mavs to give them chance to counter before finalizing three-year deal, believed to be at MLE

Interesting, maybe just using boston as leverage, i hope terry goes there tho, increases miami's chances at getting allen

Nikeman
07-03-2012, 02:46 PM

Boston is scary if they get both Terry and Allen

If they get Terry and Miami snags Allen, its even

Ty Fast
07-03-2012, 02:46 PM
i would be shocked if ray ray goes back

Htownballa1622
07-03-2012, 02:47 PM
well, at least a player I despise is going to a team I don't like. Win/win for me, since I don't have to not like a team I was previously indifferent to for signing him.

This is exactly how i feel.

Slug3
07-03-2012, 02:48 PM

Terry just wants Cuban to dish out more money. Maybe if deron doesn't go to Dallas he will.

justinnum1
07-03-2012, 02:49 PM
Terry just wants Cuban to dish out more money. Maybe if deron doesn't go to Dallas he will.

I was thinking the same thing, dallas is losing out on everyone lol, they might not be a playoff team next year.

LTBaByyy
07-03-2012, 02:50 PM
Rondo/Bradley
Allen/Terry
Pierce/Green
Garnet/Sullinger
Steinsma/Melo

That team is a 2 seed!!!! Sick! :clap:

Wade n Fade
07-03-2012, 02:50 PM
Miami is getting Ray Allen. Who wants to play behind Terry and Bradley? If he wants a ring, he goes to Miami, simple as that. He needs to hurry up and sign here already. I don't want to get Crawford or some other person as much. Forget Rondo, Ray. Rondo is just annoying and immature, albeit talented player. Not worth the character issues.

Hawkeye15
07-03-2012, 02:52 PM

If Cuban didn't re-sign JJ freakin' Barea, arguably the greatest PG in the NBA, why would he bother matching Terry?

justinnum1
07-03-2012, 02:53 PM
Rondo/Bradley
Allen/Terry
Pierce/Green
Garnet/Sullinger
Steinsma/Melo

That team is a 2 seed!!!! Sick! :clap:

damn, that is pretty sick.

What is bostons cap looking like? if they use the mle on terry i thought they get a hard cap at 74mil and they still need to sigh green, pietrus, and allen if they keep him

Punk
07-03-2012, 02:53 PM
LOL If Allen wants a ring he could stay in Boston. You know...The team that was close to facing OKC?

LTBaByyy
07-03-2012, 02:54 PM
Bradley/Terry/Green/Sullinger/Melo is a line up better than some lottery teams

Have that coming off your bench is deadly

popo85
07-03-2012, 02:56 PM
Good move Boston if he doesn't end up back in Dallas.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-03-2012, 02:57 PM
damn, that is pretty sick.

What is bostons cap looking like? if they use the mle on terry i thought they get a hard cap at 74mil and they still need to sigh green, pietrus, and allen if they keep him

It would be at 50 million or so. Peaches definitely wants to be back. I wouldn't be surprised if he took the minimum. They've got Bird rights to all of the players you mentioned as well.

justinnum1
07-03-2012, 02:59 PM
LOL If Allen wants a ring he could stay in Boston. You know...The team that was close to facing OKC?

Honestly, after miami won this year and knows what it takes to win i would be shocked if we didn't make it back to the finals for the next few seasons. maybe dwight going to brookyln can derail it

Delusional
07-03-2012, 03:00 PM
Something tells me that Boston will manage Jason Terry and Ray Allen. That team is going to be loaded in the backcourt this year.

BigBongTheory
07-03-2012, 03:00 PM

I don't really see how you could say that, given next year a healthy Ray Allen, a healthy Avery Bradley, Garnett, Rondo, and Pierce all back, and other additions like Fab Melo and now possibly Jason Terry. They did take the Heat to game 7 without Bradley, A version of Ray Allen who wasn't half himself and without Terry.

AnthonyTyrael
07-03-2012, 03:01 PM

...but that's all the would have done after getting there.

Miami to finals = champion Miami
Boston to finals = champion OKC

ryang
07-03-2012, 03:05 PM
I dont know what kind of heat fans said they were worried that bosh coming back would hurt the team but it certainly wasnt me or anybody else I know.. That being said good for boston but me personally im not scared of boston at all.. Do they have a good team?? sure but so do we and terry isnt the difference.. same goes for wilcox and bradley **** even green.. When they beat us ill be scared but until they do screw em.. We are the better team.. If you feel different good for you but we have taken the east 2 years in a row (beating the celtics both years) and are coming of an nba championship...

Slug3
07-03-2012, 03:05 PM

But they didn't win. You don't get rings for almost winning. If that was the case they would have one from the year Perkins got injured.

ryang
07-03-2012, 03:06 PM
I don't really see how you could say that, given next year a healthy Ray Allen, a healthy Avery Bradley, Garnett, Rondo, and Pierce all back, and other additions like Fab Melo and now possibly Jason Terry. They did take the Heat to game 7 without Bradley, A version of Ray Allen who wasn't half himself and without Terry.

philly took boston to 7 games.. should we fear them as well?/ just sayin we did win the series right?? 2 years in a row right??

lakers4sho
07-03-2012, 03:10 PM
So i'm assuming delonte west's recruiting skills did not work here?

johnnyswimm
07-03-2012, 03:10 PM
I really can't understand why the heat fans would really insist that if bosh was there it would of been different. Wade is playing with an injured knee and god knows what else. What about the fact that an aging boston team with I believe an average age of 30 yrs old and we didn't have Allen at his best and Bradley was out. What if we had those pieces? The heat wouldn't of been in the championship. We had no decent c and we had a injured sg starting. Don't worry unless the heat make a move then i think they wont be back. And here we go with the nets im sorry to tell you it's not going to work they won't have a team by the time these trades are done.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-03-2012, 03:11 PM
Terry signs...

Celtics & free agent G Jason Terry have reached agreement on 3-year deal paying mid-level exception, sources tell Y! http://yhoo.it/LWayfI

black1605
07-03-2012, 03:13 PM
Damn, nice pickup for Boston.

ryang
07-03-2012, 03:15 PM
I really can't understand why the heat fans would really insist that if bosh was there it would of been different. Wade is playing with an injured knee and god knows what else. What about the fact that an aging boston team with I believe an average age of 30 yrs old and we didn't have Allen at his best and Bradley was out. What if we had those pieces? The heat wouldn't of been in the championship. We had no decent c and we had a injured sg starting. Don't worry unless the heat make a move then i think they wont be back. And here we go with the nets im sorry to tell you it's not going to work they won't have a team by the time these trades are done.

you cant understand why we feel we would have beaten boston again like we did?? 2 years in a row.. We can go around in circles on this but why bother?? we won AGAIN 2 years in a row... If you beat us the year before youd have an argument but give it up bro.. When boston beats us in the playoffs let me know...

justinnum1
07-03-2012, 03:15 PM

:laugh2:

pacfan189
07-03-2012, 03:16 PM
The heat were without bosh pretty much the whole celtics series. That was a blow. If the heat sign Marcus Camby, getting ray allen would be nice, but its not essential.

zB_#85
07-03-2012, 03:17 PM

I wouldn't be so sure about this...

Especially if they get Allen back you are looking at a team that took the Heat to 7 games last year adding Avery Bradley, Jason Terry, Jared Sullinger, and Fab Melo to this year's playoff run (provided health doesn't screw them).

Sadds The Gr8
07-03-2012, 03:17 PM
good pickup for them.

ryang
07-03-2012, 03:18 PM
old teams have to deal with injurys from time to time just sayin.. and bradley is not feared around here.. does battier scare you?? i mean he has a ring and plays good d as well oh and he can shoot a 3.. bradley is a rookie right?? yea put em on a healthy wade.. i know im scared lmao.. sorry boston but you have to beat us to have a arguement on how your better.. or maybe thats just me..

Jays Claw
07-03-2012, 03:18 PM
Good move for Boston. Now if they could somehow get Allen back, and avoid any major injuries throughout the course of next season, I can see them finishing 3rd behind Miami and Chicago as well as making a deep run in the post-season.

Slug3
07-03-2012, 03:19 PM
Terry signs...

Celtics & free agent G Jason Terry have reached agreement on 3-year deal paying mid-level exception, sources tell Y! http://yhoo.it/LWayfI

So much for using Boston to get more money from Dallas. Still want to know how Allen feels. I mean there were reports he wanted to start or get a lot of playing time. But there was also Doc saying Allen wanted to come of the bench.

avrpatsfan
07-03-2012, 03:20 PM
Good move for Boston. Now if they could somehow get Allen back, and avoid any major injuries throughout the course of next season, I can see them finishing 3rd behind Miami and Chicago as well as making a deep run in the post-season.
If the Bulls don't get Rose back soon, I could see us finishing second behind the Heat.

fadedmario
07-03-2012, 03:22 PM
The Celtics are going to be old. But Danny Ainge has put them into a position to keep competing. Good sign in my opinion.

Jarvo
07-03-2012, 03:23 PM
Terry sucks ! :laugh2: I just dislike him so damn much. But I think this will maybe push Ray to not comeback.

Chacarron
07-03-2012, 03:24 PM
Nice deal for the Celtics.

justinnum1
07-03-2012, 03:26 PM
Boston is def 2nd in the east now

Jarvo
07-03-2012, 03:27 PM

They're old still and like every year someone is probably going to get hurt *I hope not* I think Boston should try and rebuild now.

Delusional
07-03-2012, 03:27 PM
old teams have to deal with injurys from time to time just sayin.. and bradley is not feared around here.. does battier scare you?? i mean he has a ring and plays good d as well oh and he can shoot a 3.. bradley is a rookie right?? yea put em on a healthy wade.. i know im scared lmao.. sorry boston but you have to beat us to have a arguement on how your better.. or maybe thats just me..

Wade vs. Bradley - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34gviEcQCOA

Did you forget that one? Bradley sent Wade packing with a big smile on his face.

Nobody said Boston was better than Miami at this point but the moves they are making are getting them prepared to deal with you guys late in the postseason.

still1ballin
07-03-2012, 03:28 PM
Well at least Dallas is not in contention anymore. For now

DoMeFavors
07-03-2012, 03:29 PM
Miami , Brooklyn,Celtics best 3 in east

bucketss
07-03-2012, 03:29 PM

last two games were blowouts

justinnum1
07-03-2012, 03:30 PM

Did you forget that one? Bradley sent Wade packing with a big smile on his face.

Nobody said Boston was better than Miami at this point but the moves they are making are getting them prepared to deal with you guys late in the postseason.

Cool, we will just have to wait and see. Injury concern will be an issue with the celtics. a lot of their guys are old

If brooklyn gets dwight, if not then nets and knicks will fight it out for that 3rd spot

avrpatsfan
07-03-2012, 03:32 PM
Bradley pretty much shut down Wade last time he faced you guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ1xz-7OVh4

avrpatsfan
07-03-2012, 03:33 PM

Beat me to it haha

avrpatsfan
07-03-2012, 03:33 PM

I liked the little flop by Wade there.

ryang
07-03-2012, 03:35 PM

like i said one or 2 plays in the REGULAR SEASON doesnt scare me or any heat fan.. get prepared all you want it doesnt mean your gonna win.. show me paul pierce doing that to lebron.. i know he has but did that stop lebron from scoring 40+ on him?? nice play bradley it was by far the highlight of his career... id put up youtube clips of you getting knocked out the playoffs the past 2 years but im pretty sure you have seen it..

fadedmario
07-03-2012, 03:35 PM

:facepalm:

ryang
07-03-2012, 03:37 PM
I liked the little flop by Wade there.

so how much do you love paulpierce and his flops?? or rondo acting like he got hit in the head.. lmao... good signing none the less and i hope you make it back to face us next year.. i wont act like you guys and say oh if rose was healthy you wouldnt even have made it to the ecf..:eyebrow:

justinnum1
07-03-2012, 03:37 PM
Bradley pretty much shut down Wade last time he faced you guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ1xz-7OVh4

if wade was avg 30 a game in the playoffs i would agree, bradley would have had an impact, but wade was awful. with a healthy wade and bosh i dont think they series goes past 5.

this conversation is useless tho, we will just have to wait till june next year and hope both teams are at full health

avrpatsfan
07-03-2012, 03:38 PM
this conversation is useless tho, we will just have to wait till june next year and hope both teams are at full health
Well said.

DoMeFavors
07-03-2012, 03:39 PM
:facepalm:

East is weak, bulls won't have rose , pacers might lose hibbert, and every other team isn't as good as the nets

avrpatsfan
so how much do you love paulpierce and his flops?? or rondo acting like he got hit in the head.. lmao... good signing none the less and i hope you make it back to face us next year.. i wont act like you guys and say oh if rose was healthy you wouldnt even have made it to the ecf..:eyebrow:
I hate it. Flopping should be an automatic technical in my opinion. But that's for another thread.

Punk
Good addition by Boston. They're serious this year.

ryang
07-03-2012, 03:40 PM
are people really talking about the nets?? really?? dont you have to win something before you talk?? is this jersey or brooklyn talking non sence?? good stuff i guess we will see.. i guess lopez and joe jhonson got you hyped

avrpatsfan
07-03-2012, 03:42 PM
are people really talking about the nets?? really?? dont you have to win something before you talk?? is this jersey or brooklyn talking non sence?? good stuff i guess we will see.. i guess lopez and joe jhonson got you hyped
If they get Howard, they'll be a legit team.

Bornknick73
Damn....I had Terry on my X-mas list. Hes a helluva player off the bench and very clutch.

Young2Kinsler
Well at least Dallas is not in contention anymore. For now

For now...as in a week or 2. Mark Cuban is our owner, he's always going to do something to try to make us competitive. Whether that plan works or not is another story.

Dade County
07-03-2012, 03:44 PM
So Bradley can shut down Wade.... smh

Wade love the haters and the doubters...

still1ballin
For now...as in a week or 2. Mark Cuban is our owner, he's always going to do something to try to make us competitive. Whether that plan works or not is another story.

I agree. If Dallas doesn't sign or trade key players this offseason, I can't see how can Dirk can carry this team on his back

ryang
If they get Howard, they'll be a legit team.

maybe against your team.. but not against the heat.. they might be legit but last i checked they havent got dwight.. and joe jhonson well i wont even get started.. good luck nets.. hopefully you can get past chicago , boston or new york.. i dont think they will even with dwight..

DoMeFavors
07-03-2012, 03:45 PM
Can someone explain to me why this crackhead isn't banned yet?

Banned for posting something you disagree with?

avrpatsfan
07-03-2012, 03:46 PM
maybe against your team.. but not against the heat.. they might be legit but last i checked they havent got dwight.. and joe jhonson well i wont even get started.. good luck nets.. hopefully you can get past chicago , boston or new york.. i dont think they will even with dwight..
Yeah, there's no chance the Heat ever lose again.

Toastyy
07-03-2012, 03:49 PM
Whyy?? Your not gonna win, stop signing these old guys trade them why they have some value, by the time this contract is up they will have a team of Juwan Howard's, give up and rebuild its getting sad

thekmp211
07-03-2012, 03:50 PM
boston is going to have one hell of a backcourt. really like this move.

justinnum1
07-03-2012, 03:52 PM
This feels like 2010 when boston looked stacked(especially with bigs) and were favorites but they had a ton of injuries throughout the year. If boston can stay healthy they will be legit contenders

ryang
07-03-2012, 03:55 PM
Yeah, there's no chance the Heat ever lose again.

until we lose in the east id say so.. expecially if were talking nets.. and boston.. new york is gonna be tougher then boston this year IMO.. but you guys keep your hopes up.. dont let heat nation get you down.. lebron does have to retire one day and youll be waiting.. lmao

avrpatsfan
07-03-2012, 03:55 PM
This feels like 2010 when boston looked stacked(especially with bigs) and were favorites but they had a ton of injuries throughout the year. If boston can stay healthy they will be legit contenders
Agreed. It's a big if though. But I think it's good risk.

bcc
07-03-2012, 03:56 PM

Bosh was back for game 5,6 & 7 and his return was likely the difference in the series. Avery Bradley and Jeff Green did not play at all.

greg_ory_2005
07-03-2012, 03:58 PM
Nice signing. I guess the old guys are trying to make one more run at it.

avrpatsfan
07-03-2012, 04:00 PM
Bosh was back for game 5,6 & 7 and his return was likely the difference in the series. Avery Bradley and Jeff Green did not play at all.

Regards,
People that actually watched the ECF.
Well said.

robdog_5
07-03-2012, 04:04 PM
Biggest issue is getting Allen back now. The Cs can play with 3Gs and run with Rondo, Bradley/Terry and Allen at times or terry, Bradley and Ray so mins will be there and if Doc has a better bench good chance he limits ray, pp and KGs mins most of yr

CityofTreez
07-03-2012, 04:07 PM
Banned for posting something you disagree with?

Banned.

For not checking into the Smackdown Hotel!

Rivera
07-03-2012, 04:10 PM
damn nice pickup

rondo
bradley/jet
pierce
sully
kg/fab melo

hopefully boston can resign: ray ray/jeff green/brandon bass/pietrus/and the sextisma

that would give them:

rondo
bradley/ray ray/the jet
pierce/pietrus
green/bass/sully
kg/stiesma/melo

looking real good

bostncelts34
07-03-2012, 04:13 PM
Rondo
Bradley/Terry
Pierce/Green
Green/Sullinger
KG/Melo

Sign back some of the following guys like Pietrus,dooling,wilcox,bass,stiemsma and possibly Ray and thats a good squad with great depth

b@llhog24
07-03-2012, 04:19 PM
old teams have to deal with injurys from time to time just sayin.. and bradley is not feared around here..

Well he should be seeing as in games where he gets above 25 mins Wade averages, 17.5ppg on about a 39% from the field. Although its only two games its not unreasonable to think that Bradley could've been a factor in the series.

does battier scare you?? i mean a rookie right?? yea put em on a healthy wade.. i know im scared lmao.. sorry boston but you have to beat us to have a arguement on how your better.. or maybe thats just me..

Battier sucked for most of the year, until the finals but most sports fans have selective memory.

like i said one or 2 plays in the REGULAR SEASON doesnt scare me or any heat fan.. get prepared all you want it doesnt mean your gonna win.. show me paul pierce doing that to lebron.. i know he has but did that stop lebron from scoring 40+ on him?? nice play bradley it was by far the highlight of his career... id put up youtube clips of you getting knocked out the playoffs the past 2 years but im pretty sure you have seen it..

Well obviously you can't stop superstars in Lebron and Wade, what you can do however is try to put them in the most inefficient positions you can and force them to spots were they're weakest at. Did it work? No but that doesn't means that Paul Pierce didn't play his *** off on D. Although I'd agree showing a video of Bradley blocking Wade to say he would've been a factor is kind of stupid imo.

Ironic. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT-I8jQDQ7c)

Corey
07-03-2012, 04:21 PM
If we resign the rest of our guys:

Rondo, Terry, Dooling
Bradley, Ray, Moore
Pierce, Green, ,Pietrus
Bass, Sullinger, JJ
KG, Stiemsma, Melo

I can't imagine someone signing Dooling for more than the min. Pietrus could sign for the min as well.

That is a team I'd be optimistic about.

Celtics have bird rights on bass and Ray.....and Stiemsma is an RFA.

They can get them all.

Hawkeye15
07-03-2012, 04:24 PM
going to be a small backcourt for Boston.

ryang
07-03-2012, 04:26 PM
Well he should be seeing as in games where he gets above 25 mins Wade averages, 17.5ppg on about a 39% from the field. Although its only two games its not unreasonable to think that Bradley could've been a factor in the series.

Battier sucked for most of the year, until the finals but most sports fans have selective memory.

Well obviously you can't stop superstars in Lebron and Wade, what you can do however is try to put them in the most inefficient positions you can and force them to spots were they're weakest at. Did it work? No but that doesn't means that Paul Pierce didn't play his *** off on D. Although I'd agree showing a video of Bradley blocking Wade to say he would've been a factor is kind of stupid imo.

Ironic. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT-I8jQDQ7c)

ok break this down.. the celtics have lost to the heat in the playoffs 2 years in a row.. bradley playing d on wade in the REGULAR SEASON is not the same as the PLAYOFFS... i really dont care.. we are the champs and the celtics have to beat us for me to fear them.. is that good enough? ill take battier over bradley.. who looks like a rookie who cant stay healthy.. excuse me if i dont apologize for the celtics injuries... healthy not healthy doesnt matter to me we have beat them 2 years in a row.. fair enough...

b@llhog24
07-03-2012, 04:27 PM
ok break this down.. the celtics have lost to the heat in the playoffs 2 years in a row.. bradley playing d on wade in the REGULAR SEASON is not the same as the PLAYOFFS... i really dont care.. we are the champs and the celtics have to beat us for me to fear them.. is that good enough? ill take battier over bradley.. who looks like a rookie who cant stay healthy.. excuse me if i dont apologize for the celtics injuries... healthy not healthy doesnt matter to me we have beat them 2 years in a row.. fair enough...

Good analysis.

SportsFanatic10
07-03-2012, 04:32 PM
i'd be shocked if allen goes back to boston now. come to south beach ray!

Corey
07-03-2012, 04:35 PM
i'd be shocked if allen goes back to boston now. come to south beach ray!Why would that shock you? The Celtics have his bird rights.

thekmp211
07-03-2012, 04:38 PM
going to be a small backcourt for Boston.

besides kobe, who are they ill equipped to defend? both positions have been trending smaller and quicker for years, minus the freaks of nature rose and westbrook that are just about unguardable with today's rules.

justinnum1
07-03-2012, 04:39 PM
Why would that shock you? The Celtics have his bird rights.

True, but i would think minutes would be an issue unless bradley plays the point.

Slug3
07-03-2012, 04:41 PM

and if Allen does not go back JT is still a great pickup.

SteBO
07-03-2012, 04:42 PM
From being dangled in trades for two consecutive years, to being replaced by Avery Bradley, and now this......I think Allen feels a bit disrespected. Just my opinion. No shame in both sides though. It's business......

kjoke
07-03-2012, 04:46 PM
Great for the Celtics. The only thing is.... How long will this go on for the Celtics? They haven't shown signs of getting old, but it will eventually have to happen.

SportsFanatic10
07-03-2012, 04:50 PM

i don't think allen will want to go back now that terry is there. it likely diminishes his role on the team. and like stebo said i think hes feeling disrespected even more now after the trade attempts and bradley situation. i also heard ray and rondo don't get along the best but of course thats just hearsay. also i saw doc rivers backed off his statement that "its a stretch to see him somewhere else" in his latest interview.

just my opinon though.

kjoke
07-03-2012, 04:52 PM
Probably the only one who thinks this makes Allen to Celtics MORE likely.

SteBO
07-03-2012, 04:53 PM
How so?

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-03-2012, 04:53 PM
From being dangled in trades for two consecutive years, to being replaced by Avery Bradley, and now this......I think Allen feels a bit disrespected. Just my opinion. No shame in both sides though. It's business......

I don't get why people are making it a huge deal that Bradley replaced him as a starter. After Ray came back from his injury he said he would let Avery start because he knew it was best for the team.

rockbottom2010
07-03-2012, 04:54 PM
how is ray allen going to play if terry and bradley gonna eat up all the minutes.....allen is gonna be a heat....thats why the celtics did this.....and eventually the celtics are interested in mayo....i wanna see what danny ainge is doing...hes definitely waaay over the cap

robdog_5
07-03-2012, 04:54 PM
Terry helps there chances to win big and that's important to Ray, KG and Doc are the reason he will likely come back

Corey
07-03-2012, 04:55 PM
True, but i would think minutes would be an issue unless bradley plays the point.

Terry is fully capable of being the primary backup ball handler.

Rondo - Terry
Bradley - Allen

SteBO
07-03-2012, 04:56 PM
I don't get why people are making it a huge deal that Bradley replaced him as a starter. After Ray came back from his injury he said he would let Avery start because he knew it was best for the team.
That's fine, but deep down there's a chance he wish it didn't go down like that. Besides, from what I've heard, he wants a ring and a "significant" role on the team. I don't know how that happens now....unless Doc can mix and match somehow.

EDIT: What Corey said. Who knows at this point.....

robdog_5
07-03-2012, 04:57 PM
how is ray allen going to play if terry and bradley gonna eat up all the minutes.....allen is gonna be a heat....thats why the celtics did this.....

If Allen leaves it will be for clippers and not heat. Honestly though Boston can play 3GS a lot, teams are playing smaller and smaller and it wouldn't be a surprise to see Rondo, Terry/Bradley with Ray on court at the same time occasionally.

TheNumber37
07-03-2012, 04:58 PM
Celtics get really good if they can keep allen too. Terry can play the PG at times to give Rondo a rest and can play the 2 when he has to.

kjoke
07-03-2012, 05:00 PM
How so?

Why do you think he would come to Miami? It's certainly not of the minutes or money. It's for to win a championship, and regardless of the position, the Celtics have gotten stronger, and energy in the club house feels like they can win it all. There's no reason to come to Miami, especially if the Celtics can offer the same chances and more money.

b@llhog24
07-03-2012, 05:03 PM
That's fine, but deep down there's a chance he wish it didn't go down like that. Besides, from what I've heard, he wants a ring and a "significant" role on the team. I don't know how that happens now....unless Doc can mix and match somehow.

EDIT: What Corey said. Who knows at this point.....

Then why would he go to Miami?

rockbottom2010
07-03-2012, 05:04 PM

are you kidding me....get ur facts straight....ray allen was pissed off that bradley was starting instead of him...this may be the reason why he may be out...plus bradley is the future......and not only that kg and pp are still starters...so this insults ray allen....

justinnum1
07-03-2012, 05:05 PM

he can play behind wade, miami plays lineups without a PG and allen could get 22-26min a game. Also allen would close games, but he would probably close games anywhere.

Miami gives him the best shot at a ring and a good amount of playing time imo.

He would be the celtics 7th man(terry would be their 6th man) and miami's 6th man

rockbottom2010
07-03-2012, 05:05 PM

they will give him what he wants.....they are gonna put wade at pg and allen at sg

ryang
07-03-2012, 05:06 PM

because our rotation starts at the 7 min mark of the 1st quarter.. chalmers comes out so ray would be in.. unless someone beleives mike miller (cant stay healthy) or j.jones would get those minutes over ray.. i dont see that happening... maybe lebron could actually get a break also.. that be nice

justinnum1
07-03-2012, 05:06 PM

Rondo - Terry
Bradley - Allen

Terry probably wants close to 20minutes a game at least, and rondo is the celtics offense. Terry is going their to play with rondo, not back him up.

SteBO
07-03-2012, 05:07 PM
Why do you think he would come to Miami? It's certainly not of the minutes or money. It's for to win a championship, and regardless of the position, the Celtics have gotten stronger, and energy in the club house feels like they can win it all. There's no reason to come to Miami, especially if the Celtics can offer the same chances and more money.

Primary backup SG? :shrug: But that's because I'm not really sold on Mike Miller coming back, so take that for what it's worth. I'm not saying he isn't going to go back to Boston; he very might be for the reasons you both stated (kjoke moreso). But I don't think Ray Allen loves the idea of fighting for minutes with Bradley, Terry, and Green. If he goes back to Boston, I'll gladly eat crow. Miami has other options they can explore......

johnnyswimm
07-03-2012, 05:08 PM
you cant understand why we feel we would have beaten boston again like we did?? 2 years in a row.. We can go around in circles on this but why bother?? we won AGAIN 2 years in a row... If you beat us the year before youd have an argument but give it up bro.. When boston beats us in the playoffs let me know...

Ok, im not complaining they beat us. What I'm saying is that bosh was not the reason. And yes I do understand both teams were at "loss" with ailments they faced, but the celtics with a healthy bradley and Allen would of took the game. Allen one if the best ft shooters was shooting 70 % from the ft line. Not because he is getting old because he did have an injury. But be it as it may I would bet that the heat don't repeat or even get to the championship when you can raise 16 like we have then you have an argument.

Marshallp22
07-03-2012, 05:09 PM
Most of you are missing the point. If celtics sign jason terry this should spell the end of a Ray Allen return. Jason Terry basically takes over ray ray role with them. Jason Terry has come off the bench most of his career, he has no problem with that. There was reports that Allen was upset with that role. He has never played sf, why start this late in his career? jET is a SG not PG. Celtics will probably sign a vet pg to back up rondo and be done with free agency.

rockbottom2010
07-03-2012, 05:10 PM
Primary backup SG? :shrug: But that's because I'm not really sold on Mike Miller coming back, so take that for what it's worth. I'm not saying he isn't going to go back to Boston; he very might be for the reasons you both stated (kjoke moreso). But I don't think Ray Allen loves the idea of fighting for minutes with Bradley, Terry, and Green. If he goes back to Boston, I'll gladly eat crow. Miami has other options they can explore......

thats what im sayin...i totally forgot about green...and i believe james jones will retire too.....

rockbottom2010
07-03-2012, 05:11 PM
Most of you are missing the point. If celtics sign jason terry this should spell the end of a Ray Allen return. Jason Terry basically takes over ray ray role with them. Jason Terry has come off the bench most of his career, he has no problem with that. There was reports that Allen was upset with that role. He has never played sf, why start this late in his career? jET is a SG not PG. Celtics will probably sign a vet pg to back up rondo and be done with free agency.

allen only played at the 2 his whole career...he aint comin back.....

bagwell368

Rondo - Terry
Bradley - Allen

That's a powerful lot of money to spend on a player that will play 12 minutes a game (just at PG only). Terry will be a tweener, and Ray will not be signed.

Rondo 34 min Terry 10 min
Bradley 32 min Terry 12 min
4th/5th guard: 8 min

kjoke

Don't get me wrong, I would love for him to come to Miami. Hell this might be the case of the Celtics knowing Allen was leaving, and had to get Terry quickly.

thekmp211
07-03-2012, 05:13 PM
rivers will have the luxury of playing guys who are hot and playing match-ups game to game. the minutes will balance out, terry is a great compliment to bradley. hopefully we can get ray ray in the fold otherwise we need a big wing.

NYMetros
07-03-2012, 05:13 PM
Terry's more of a PG in my opinion than a SG. This in no way means Ray definitely isn't coming back IMO. Terry's a capable ball handler and can bring the ball up the floor. I don't see why Ray and him can't play together.

I think Danny is trying to acquire a bench of
Terry
Allen
Green
Sullinger
Melo/Stiemsma

Probably would be one of the best benches in the league.

GoneGuru
07-03-2012, 05:14 PM
10 pages for jason terry? i mean hes a great signing for boston, but really?

ryang
07-03-2012, 05:14 PM
Ok, im not complaining they beat us. What I'm saying is that bosh was not the reason. And yes I do understand both teams were at "loss" with ailments they faced, but the celtics with a healthy bradley and Allen would of took the game. Allen one if the best ft shooters was shooting 70 % from the ft line. Not because he is getting old because he did have an injury. But be it as it may I would bet that the heat don't repeat or even get to the championship when you can raise 16 like we have then you have an argument.

were you alive for any of them besides 08??

to the rest of your post you are saying what ifs no?? we beat you the past 2 seasons.. i agree with you that those losses were huge but bosh was a bigger loss.. our team is built on 3 guys.. when one of those go down we cant be as good as we are.. like i said earlier this can go on and on but it wont get anywhere... we won the past 2 years and i dont see that changing.. if you do congrats bro but ill beleive it when it actually happens..

If i said the bulls would have knocked you out before the ecf would you agree (if rose was healthy) i mean thats the arguement were having.. also alls I heard last year was 3-1 celtics 3-1 bulls what happened? this year it was oh rose, ray, bradley ect.. then it was any team out of the west was gonna destroy us.. i heard okc was gonna kill us.. what happened.. oh yea the refs.. we won regardless so lets move on

NYMetros
07-03-2012, 05:16 PM

The Celtics have 17 championships.

ryang
07-03-2012, 05:18 PM
hes counting the 16 you won before he was born

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-03-2012, 05:21 PM
First of all i'd like to say Boston looks dangerous next year. I have them as meeting the HEAT in the ECF again.

But holy ****, shut up already about the fact that Boston took the HEAT to 7 with injuries. We had injuries to! Not only the fact that Boston played us for four games without Bosh, but Wade's injury was a lot more significant than everyone thought. He clearly didn't look himself the ENTIRE playoffs other than those 6 disgusting halves against Indy. It was a good series and you guys lost, stop talking about hypotheticals because its over now.

We'll meet again next year and battle it out again.

BigBongTheory
philly took boston to 7 games.. should we fear them as well?/ just sayin we did win the series right?? 2 years in a row right??

Your logic isn't all there, but whatever you like to think, I also like how you have yourself included in the championship run of this past season, and the finals appearance from the previous season.

justinnum1
That's a powerful lot of money to spend on a player that will play 12 minutes a game (just at PG only). Terry will be a tweener, and Ray will not be signed.

This is what i think is the most likely scenario.

Allen still might resign, but if they do in fact sign terry i think that really decreases the chances that allen returns.

It looks like it might come down to clippers and miami.

clippers can probably offer 3yr-15mil and miami can offer 3 yr 9mil

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-03-2012, 05:22 PM
Terry's more of a PG in my opinion than a SG. This in no way means Ray definitely isn't coming back IMO. Terry's a capable ball handler and can bring the ball up the floor. I don't see why Ray and him can't play together.

I think Danny is trying to acquire a bench of
Terry
Allen
Green
Sullinger
Melo/Stiemsma

Probably would be one of the best benches in the league.

Even without Allen thats a good bench. Btw are they not getting Bass back?

ryang
07-03-2012, 05:24 PM
Your logic isn't all there, but whatever you like to think, I also like how you have yourself included in the championship run of this past season, and the finals appearance from the previous season. In bold for your leisure.

Glad you like it.. I say we if you dont for your team then congrats.. when I say heat im talking about my team,my city ect ect.. glad you enjoy it tho...

BigBongTheory
07-03-2012, 05:26 PM

Well, trying to have a rational conversation with someone is hard to do at times on this site, but that's just me. And when I brought up Boston, I'd rather you know I dislike Boston much. Specially due to the fact I'm a Laker fan. Boston got better today, when you get better you have more of a chance to win, when you have more of a chance to win, sometimes you land in the finals, and that's pretty much all it means.

BigBongTheory
07-03-2012, 05:27 PM
Glad you like it.. I say we if you dont for your team then congrats.. when I say heat im talking about my team,my city ect ect.. glad you enjoy it tho...

It's whatever floats your boat I understand though, many do it. I even tend to slip from time to time, and then I remember, I'm not in the gym, they have my time, money, and support, but my sweat isn't on their floor. It's the Lakers championship, and my championship memory.

ryang
07-03-2012, 05:35 PM
Well, trying to have a rational conversation with someone is hard to do at times on this site, but that's just me. And when I brought up Boston, I'd rather you know I dislike Boston much. Specially due to the fact I'm a Laker fan. Boston got better today, when you get better you have more of a chance to win, when you have more of a chance to win, sometimes you land in the finals, and that's pretty much all it means.

like i said there is not much to say.. we won AGAIN.. did they get better?/ yea but thats not what i was responding to.. I also beleive we are still the better team and just beacuse they signed terry doesnt mean I have to change my opinion.. what are you on?? try reading from first post to last.. if you skip a bunch you get confused at what i was really trying to say..

ryang
07-03-2012, 05:36 PM
It's whatever floats your boat I understand though, many do it. I even tend to slip from time to time, and then I remember, I'm not in the gym, they have my time, money, and support, but my sweat isn't on their floor. It's the Lakers championship, and my championship memory.

hey good for you.. I know my sweat isnt on the floor lmao but just because i write we instead of them doesnt mean i think i wear a heat jersey...

Corey
07-03-2012, 05:41 PM

Doc has maintained that he wants Terry and Allen for the past week.

Vee-Rex
07-03-2012, 05:43 PM
like i said there is not much to say.. we won AGAIN.. did they get better?/ yea but thats not what i was responding to.. I also beleive we are still the better team and just beacuse they signed terry doesnt mean I have to change my opinion.. what are you on?? try reading from first post to last.. if you skip a bunch you get confused at what i was really trying to say..

I think what people are saying in this thread that Boston has a shot. I haven't seen anyone say, TEH CELTICS RR TEH BETTA TEAM DEN DA HEAT!

Chill out. The Heat will still be the team to beat, they just aren't invincible like some Heat fans make them out to be.

/end thread about discussing the heat

ryang
07-03-2012, 05:45 PM
I think what people are saying in this thread that Boston has a shot. I haven't seen anyone say, TEH CELTICS RR TEH BETTA TEAM DEN DA HEAT!

Chill out. The Heat will still be the team to beat, they just aren't invincible like some Heat fans make them out to be.

I dont fee WE are invincible either.. your right congrats on the signing boston...

DitchDat
07-03-2012, 05:45 PM

Dude I just want to say one thing, because this has been bugging me. Congrats on the title, I don't like LeBron but the title is well deserved.

However, I do want Heat fans to keep in mind:
The Heat were pushed to the brink (3-2 at one point!) by a Boston team
- playing without last year's trade prize Jeff Green coming off the bench
- playing without starting center Jermaine O'Neal and backup big man Chris Wilcox
- with top reserve No. 2 Brandon Bass (the other one being Jeff Green) and No.3 Avery Bradley in the starting lineup, thus reducing the bench to a hobbled Ray Allen (who required surgery), newcomer Mickael Pietrus (who required surgery) and hurt D-League big man Greg Stiemsma

While it is true that KG's shift to center and AB's insertion in the lineup revitalized the C's, I am 100% sure that

Rondo, Ray, Pierce, KG, JO, Green, Bass, Bradley, Wilcox, Dooling, Stiemsma
>>>> Rondo, Ray, Pierce, KG, Bass, Bradley, Pietrus, Stiemsma

I think it's great for LeBron, the Heat and Heat fans that Miami won the championship, and I'm not taking away from the amazing accomplishment of beating the Thunder in 5 games (something I don't think the Celtics could have done, I admit that), but if the Heat ran into the Celtics at full strength, there's no way that they would have even advanced to the Finals.

I am not stating this because I want sympathy for the Celtics or anything like that, but I do want everyone to know that it is highly impressive how far the Celtics got yet again.

Just wanted to get this out of my system.

ryang
07-03-2012, 05:46 PM
Doc has maintained that he wants Terry and Allen for the past week.

of course he does.. i would to...

ryang
07-03-2012, 05:49 PM
Dude I just want to say one thing, because this has been bugging me. Congrats on the title, I don't like LeBron but the title is well deserved.

- playing without starting center Jermaine O'Neal and backup big man Chris Wilcox
- with top reserve No. 2 Brandon Bass (the other one being Jeff Green) and No.3 Avery Bradley in the starting lineup, thus reducing the bench to a hobbled Ray Allen (who required surgery), newcomer Mickael Pietrus (who required surgery) and hurt D-League big man Greg Stiemsma

While it is true that KG's shift to center and AB's insertion in the lineup revitalized the C's, I am 100% sure that

I think it's great for LeBron, the Heat and Heat fans that Miami won the championship, and I'm not taking away from the amazing accomplishment of beating the Thunder in 5 games (something I don't think the Celtics could have done, I admit that), but if the Heat ran into the Celtics at full strength, there's no way that they would have even advanced to the Finals.

I am not stating this because I want sympathy for the Celtics or anything like that, but I do want everyone to know that it is highly impressive how far the Celtics got yet again.

to the people who are saying nobody said the celtics were a better team if healthy.. and this kid isnt the first in this thread.. The heat and there fans apologize to the celtic team and fans on not being healthy.. now apologize that we werent either.. 2 years in a row.. let me know when that changes..

justinnum1
07-03-2012, 05:51 PM

Congrats, you pushed miami without bosh and wade with a knee that needs surgery. You had no answer for lebron at all.

I give all the respect in the world to the celtics. i said they were a bigger threat to miami last year than a healthy bulls team.

To say miami would have lost to a full strength celtics team is one of the dumbest things i have read on here. But if thats what you believe cool. Celtics would not have won more than one game if miami was 100% healthy, see, that sounds pretty dumb too.

Were boston's 2nd and 3rd best players injured/playing less than 100%? Nope, nothing was wrong with rondo or KG. If celtics were as good as you are saying they are they would have beat miami with bosh and wade injured

BigBongTheory
07-03-2012, 05:52 PM

I don't feel he understands this though, All I said is Boston got better. There isn't much more to say, I'm not going to ramble on about the ****ing Boston Celtics.

ryang
07-03-2012, 05:53 PM
who cares.. we won.. yes i said we.. i hope this signing means ray ray is coming to miami..

ryang
07-03-2012, 05:54 PM
I don't feel he understands this though, All I said is Boston got better. There isn't much more to say, I'm not going to ramble on about the ****ing Boston Celtics.

dude read... i didnt just start making it up... but who cares really.. you keep going and going.. I responded to people like the kid above.. if you cant understand that then how can you judge my posts..

thekmp211
07-03-2012, 05:55 PM
This is what i think is the most likely scenario.

Allen still might resign, but if they do in fact sign terry i think that really decreases the chances that allen returns.

It looks like it might come down to clippers and miami.

clippers can probably offer 3yr-15mil and miami can offer 3 yr 9mil

LAC could use him the most honestly. i think ya'll are gonna get shard and frankly that makes more sense imo. i just don't see allen taking this the right way, he left w a sour taste in his mouth after the season for reasons related to playing time.

DitchDat
07-03-2012, 05:55 PM
to the people who are saying nobody said the celtics were a better team if healthy.. and this kid isnt the first in this thread.. The heat and there fans apologize to the celtic team and fans on not being healthy.. now apologize that we werent either.. 2 years in a row.. let me know when that changes..

Lol I don't need your apology nor will I give you mine. But I at least want Heat fans to know that they were damn lucky that the Celtics have had so many injuries. (I know that our team structure - age - factors into this, but you have to admit that we've had our fair share of bad luck). Other teams have had injuries too, and I'm not taking anything away from champions - if you win it, you win it, no matter what - but I'm sick and tired of how the Celtics are being dismissed by so many people. The Celtics team that you saw in the playoffs (Which got ridiculously close to the Finals) was a watered-down injury-decimated version of the team that we could have had.

I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but that's just what it is.

ryang
07-03-2012, 05:57 PM
Lol I don't need your apology nor will I give you mine. But I at least want Heat fans to know that they were damn lucky that the Celtics have had so many injuries. (I know that our team structure - age - factors into this, but you have to admit that we've had our fair share of bad luck). Other teams have had injuries too, and I'm not taking anything away from champions - if you win it, you win it, no matter what - but I'm sick and tired of how the Celtics are being dismissed by so many people. The Celtics team that you saw in the playoffs (Which got ridiculously close to the Finals) was a watered-down injury-decimated version of the team that we could have had.

I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but that's just what it is.

I agree with you.. but I dont beleive they would have won.. You also saw a banged up wade who needed surgery and bosh dealing with an adominal strain.. id say m.miller but he is a glass house... the year before rondo got hurt that was huge to.. i agree i just dont feel they would beat us thats all..

DitchDat
07-03-2012, 06:03 PM
Congrats, you pushed miami without bosh and wade with a knee that needs surgery. You had no answer for lebron at all.

I give all the respect in the world to the celtics. i said they were a bigger threat to miami last year than a healthy bulls team.

To say miami would have lost to a full strength celtics team is one of the dumbest things i have read on here. But if thats what you believe cool. Celtics would not have won more than one game if miami was 100% healthy, see, that sounds pretty dumb too.

Were boston's 2nd and 3rd best players injured/playing less than 100%? Nope, nothing was wrong with rondo or KG. If celtics were as good as you are saying they are they would have beat miami with bosh and wade injured

Health is something you can't control and I know that no team is ever 100% healthy, but you do understand that a "healthy" Celtics team would have had:
- the all-time 3-point king Ray Allen fully effective
- Jermaine O'Neal and Chris Wilcox playing minutes instead of Stiemsma and Hollins
- former 5th overall pick Jeff Green coming off the bench?

ryang
07-03-2012, 06:04 PM
we do realize but none of those people scare us.. besides ray ray anyways.. j.oneal?? wilcox?? sounds like turiaf and joel anthony lmao

DitchDat
07-03-2012, 06:05 PM
I agree with you.. but I dont beleive they would have won.. You also saw a banged up wade who needed surgery and bosh dealing with an adominal strain.. id say m.miller but he is a glass house... the year before rondo got hurt that was huge to.. i agree i just dont feel they would beat us thats all..

That's all I wanted to hear. :clap: Unfortunately injuries are a big part of the game. No excuses.

corky831
07-03-2012, 06:06 PM
I hate how the heat fans say how bosh and wade were injured during the series but don't mention he fact pierce..ray ray...Bradley...green....and Wilcox were all injured during the series as well....I find that too be quite significant

avrpatsfan
dude read... i didnt just start making it up... but who cares really.. you keep going and going.. I responded to people like the kid above.. if you cant understand that then how can you judge my posts..
I like how you refer to him as a kid (obvious insult) but you don't seem to grasp proper punctuation and grammar.

justinnum1
Health is something you can't control and I know that no team is ever 100% healthy, but you do understand that a "healthy" Celtics team would have had:
- Jermaine O'Neal and Chris Wilcox playing minutes instead of Stiemsma and Hollins

Ok. Miami still wins that in 6, maybe 5 if both teams were 100% healthy imo.

When was the last time boston has a fully healthy team in the playoffs? 2008? There is a trend here... And the fact that they are all a year older...

Like I said, hopefully both teams are as healthy as possible next june when we meet.

Nikeman
07-03-2012, 06:07 PM

Allen definitely still had in impact in the series.

I am not score of JO/Wilcox at all....

Jeff Green would make an impact sure, but not nearly as big as having a healthy D-Wade (top 3-5 player), and the Heat's best big man and a top 15 league player. Jeff Green isn't even top 50, and Wilcox and JO like top 250.....

ryang
id rather have joel and turiaf personally.. j.oneal sucks and wilcoxs isnt even worth a responce... jeff green was healthy the year before and wasnt oneal?? for the playoffs anyways.. who cares bro you guys lost take it like a man.. in 04 or 05 the heat went to the ecf shaq was hurt u.d. was hurt wade was hurt ect ect does hostory remember that?? i know you dont

avrpatsfan
we do realize but none of those people scare us.. besides ray ray anyways.. j.oneal?? wilcox?? sounds like turiaf and joel anthony lmao
Jeff Green doesn't worry you?

avrpatsfan
07-03-2012, 06:08 PM

When was the last time boston has a fully healthy team in the playoffs? 2008? There is a trend here... And the fact that they are all a year older...

Like I said, hopefully both teams are as healthy as possible next june when we meet.
2010 and we made it to game 7 of the Finals. Then again, they never had to play the big 3 Heat.

justinnum1
LAC could use him the most honestly. i think ya'll are gonna get shard and frankly that makes more sense imo. i just don't see allen taking this the right way, he left w a sour taste in his mouth after the season for reasons related to playing time.

Jamal crawford is meeting with clippers right this second are clippers rumored to offer him a 3/15mil deal right now. So who knows if ray will be going there.

ryang
I like how you refer to him as a kid (obvious insult) but you don't seem to grasp proper punctuation and grammar.

im 30 and my daughter is making noise.. didnt realize this was english class.. its a forum jackoff..

justinnum1
07-03-2012, 06:10 PM

I just dont know about jeff green, he seems pretty soft to me. Its been a while since i even seen him play, he was awful for boston in the playoffs last year. PLus he is a tweener, he wont be able to guard lebron or bosh either. I could be way off, like i said its been a little while since i seen him play.

ryang
07-03-2012, 06:11 PM

He didnt do anything last year to us in the playoffs.. So why worry now that he is hurt.. Is my grammar good enough for you to read and comprehend it?? I sure hope so..

DitchDat
07-03-2012, 06:11 PM

So O'Neal and Wilcox instead of Stiemer and Hollins does not change a thing? That's a bit short-sighted. It would have put KG at PF and Bass on the bench (where we could have used his scoring). The dynamics changes entirely.

O'Neal/Wilcox/KG/Bass/Stiemsma > KG/Bass/Stiemsma/Hollins

Just saying.

ryang
07-03-2012, 06:12 PM
Can someone tell me when was the last time jeff green did anything meaningful?? I really dont know..

ryang
07-03-2012, 06:13 PM
So O'Neal and Wilcox instead of Stiemer and Hollins does not change a thing? That's a bit short-sighted. It would have put KG at PF and Bass on the bench (where we could have used his scoring). The dynamics changes entirely.

O'Neal/Wilcox/KG/Bass/Stiemsma > KG/Bass/Stiemsma/Hollins

Just saying.

oneal sucked 5 years ago when we had him.. He is utterly useless.. and if you expect him to be healthy well thats on you.. when was the last time he was healthy? for more then a week.. Like I said youd be better but it doesnt mean you would have won.. You have to beat us to gain our respect in conversations such as these..

avrpatsfan
07-03-2012, 06:14 PM
He didnt do anything last year to us in the playoffs.. So why worry now that he is hurt.. Is my grammar good enough for you to read and comprehend it?? I sure hope so..
Big deal. He wasn't well incorporated into the system (Doc isn't very good at doing that midseason), he's a quality player.

im 30 and my daughter is making noise.. didnt realize this was english class.. its a forum jackoff..
You insulted someone by calling them a "child", which is ironic. That's all.

I just dont know about jeff green, he seems pretty soft to me. Its been a while since i even seen him play, he was awful for boston in the playoffs last year. PLus he is a tweener, he wont be able to guard lebron or bosh either. I could be way off, like i said its been a little while since i seen him play.
Jeff Green is 6-9 235, so he can guard Lebron. That's probably the most important part of his game is that he could help Pierce out on Lebron.

But you're right, we still need to see if he can come back in his old form.

ryang
07-03-2012, 06:15 PM
For instance if you beat us the year before and then lost this year with all those injurys we would understand.. But you didnt it has been 2 years in a row.. Get healthy and try again next year.. If we beat you for a 3rd straight year what will you say then?? im just sayin its pointless..

avrpatsfan
07-03-2012, 06:15 PM
Can someone tell me when was the last time jeff green did anything meaningful?? I really dont know..
He averaged 15 and 6 on a Thunder team with Durant and Westbrook. I'd say that's slightly meaningful...

ryang
07-03-2012, 06:16 PM
I said kid because the conversation was one that would lead me to beleive he was young.. Understand?

DitchDat
07-03-2012, 06:16 PM

Of course, I completely agree, the core is to old. I admit that, and I'm a Celtics fan. But they can still play, and with a little more help (which we unfortunately didn't have due to injuries), they would have been right there.

avrpatsfan
07-03-2012, 06:17 PM
For instance if you beat us the year before and then lost this year with all those injurys we would understand.. But you didnt it has been 2 years in a row.. Get healthy and try again next year.. If we beat you for a 3rd straight year what will you say then?? im just sayin its pointless..
You beat us the last two times. Is that what you're trying to get out of us?

justinnum1
He averaged 15 and 6 on a Thunder team with Durant and Westbrook. I'd say that's slightly meaningful...

he was the 3rd option then...he will be like the 4th or 5th option on the celtics

Bottom line is we have yet to face each other at full health. Hopefully that changes next year.

avrpatsfan
I said kid because the conversation was one that would lead me to beleive he was young.. Understand?
I think you have things reversed in this situation.

SportsFanatic10
07-03-2012, 06:18 PM
i just googled ray allen and sports illustrated has an article 26min old titled "ray allen verbally committs to miami heat". i click on it and its been taken down however. i don't have twitter, anyone hearing anything about this on twitter?

ryang

but he was traded from there right? and how long ago was that?? This is to funny.. we are still arguing that boston if healthy for the past 2 years would not have lost 2 years in a row.. sour grapes to me

avrpatsfan
he was the 3rd option then...he will be like the 4th or 5th option on the celtics
And? He was suggesting that Green isn't a good player. Which isn't true. He's a pretty damn good player.

avrpatsfan
but he was traded from there right? and how long ago was that?? This is to funny.. we are still arguing that boston if healthy for the past 2 years would not have lost 2 years in a row.. sour grapes to me
Um, I'm not arguing that at all.

You know why he was traded? Because the Thunder needed inside help. Context my friend.

ryang
07-03-2012, 06:21 PM
dude i dont care we won.. I know why he was traded and it seems like okc got the better of that trade.. congrats on signing terry I would have taken him..

hugepatsfan
07-03-2012, 06:22 PM

BOS and MIA may have had similar stars 2 years ago, but both teams were very different even last year from what they were the year before. 2 years ago and this year aren't really related even in the slightest. The role players are pretty much entirely different and the ones that are the same are in very different places in their career.

ryang
07-03-2012, 06:23 PM
no kiddng.. that doesnt change the fact both years they lost to the heat in the playoffs..

ryang
07-03-2012, 06:23 PM
new players and all

avrpatsfan
07-03-2012, 06:24 PM
dude i dont care we won.. I know why he was traded and it seems like okc got the better of that trade.. congrats on signing terry I would have taken him..
You don't care about what? I conceded that you won and that injuries are not a great excuse.

And obviously the Celtics got the better end of the trade. We basically traded Perkins and Kristic (Perkins is not that good, and Kristic isn't either) for Jeff Green (great 6th man), Fab Melo (from Clippers first rounder), and a Bobcats second rounder next year (should be near the first round). I'd do that trade again, and again. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

ryang
07-03-2012, 06:26 PM
i was saying jeff green hasnt done anything for you yet perkins has for them... and when i said i dont care i ment lets drop it..

avrpatsfan
07-03-2012, 06:27 PM
i was saying jeff green hasnt done anything for you yet perkins has for them... and when i said i dont care i ment lets drop it..
I wonder why. Maybe because he had a heart condition. Yeah, that could be it. And if you don't care, stop responding.

hugepatsfan
no kiddng.. that doesnt change the fact both years they lost to the heat in the playoffs..

And the year before that MIA lost to BOS. Point being, what the **** does it have to do with anything? Last season's matchup is obviously somewhat relevant, but anything before that is a totally different story. The Heat themselves would tell you that they're totally different. Haslem and Miller weren't healthy two years ago - they are now. Battier wasn't on the team. Chalmers is much better today than he was 2 years ago. Joel Anthony seems to have regressed/been phased out. On BOS's side, pretty much the entire cast outside of Rondo, Pierce, and KG (maybe Ray) will be different from 2 years ago. There's very little connection from that series to the present. If BOS and MIA meet again, it's more part 2 to last year's series than a part 3. Both teams are in very different placed from that first matchup.

DitchDat
oneal sucked 5 years ago when we had him.. He is utterly useless.. and if you expect him to be healthy well thats on you.. when was the last time he was healthy? for more then a week.. Like I said youd be better but it doesnt mean you would have won.. You have to beat us to gain our respect in conversations such as these..

Really? I'm not trying to beat you at anything, I'm just trying to get my point across.

The "stuck in Year 5 of a 3-year project", old, injury-hobbled, makeshift Celtics took the almighty, super-athletic, spry "Year 2 of the Big 3 era" Miami Heat to 7 games and we NEED your respect? We should HAVE your respect. It's not about winning or losing, it's about how far Boston got with the condition (self-inflicted or not) the roster was in. This is not Your Big 3 vs My Big 3, there are too many years between them for that sort of discussion, this is about recognizing that those old Celtics you mock nearly knocked you divas out.

Again: the title is well-deserved, but don't say the Celtics were just a speed bump. They gave you everything you could handle. And they weren't even healthy.

justinnum1
07-03-2012, 06:29 PM
And? He was suggesting that Green isn't a good player. Which isn't true. He's a pretty damn good player.

yea, but im saying that those numbers were as a #3 option. If he is going to get 12-15 attempts a a game then i can see him putting up similar numbers, im just not sure what exactly his role will be or how he will play.

Nikeman
07-03-2012, 06:30 PM
Hey, to all my fellow HEAT fans, no need to argue about whats done with.

These "if" he was healthy, games are useless. The 2012 ECF are over with.

This thread is about Boston getting Jason Terry, so congrats to them, Terry certainly a great player and nice addition!

Boston fans as well,

No need to argue guys, the ECF is over.

Congrats on a great pick-up.

avrpatsfan
07-03-2012, 06:32 PM
yea, but im saying that those numbers were as a #3 option. If he is going to get 12-15 attempts a a game then i can see him putting up similar numbers, im just not sure what exactly his role will be or how he will play.
His looks will be better as a #4-5 option, can't see that as a bad thing.

hugepatsfan
07-03-2012, 06:33 PM

Green won't be the 3rd best player on our team next year, but his role as a scorer will be higher than his overall position. I mean, I think he'll probably outscore Rondo next year, but he won't be a better player. That does rank him as a higher scoring option than Rondo though. See what I'm saying.

Remember, Green will be a part of the second unit, not the starting lineup as he was in OKC. That means he won'te be playing w/ our other top scorers as much, creating more opportunities for him. I'd be surprised if he averaged less than 12 points per game next year, and that's not a huge drop off from the 15 he averaged in OKC. I think BOS will have Pierce at about 17-18 and then a glut of guys in the 10-15 range. We have a very different scoring structure than MIA.

justinnum1
07-03-2012, 06:33 PM
His looks will be better as a #4-5 option, can't see that as a bad thing.

True.

ryang
07-03-2012, 06:37 PM
I never called boston a speed bump.. Did they play us good?? yep but we won.. congrats on terry.. Sorry for all you injurys thats tough..

celtNYpatsHeels
07-03-2012, 06:41 PM
The injury excuse is BS. Every team in the NBA had to deal with injuries this past season except OKC IND and SA.

Yes the Celtics had injury problems but so did NY, MIA, CHI, both LAs, MEM, ORL both in the regular season and playoffs. Part of the game my friends

DraKo
07-03-2012, 06:41 PM
Gonna suck seeing JET in another uniform. :(

justinnum1
07-03-2012, 06:46 PM
The injury excuse is BS. Every team in the NBA had to deal with injuries this past season except OKC IND and SA.

Yes the Celtics had injury problems but so did NY, MIA, CHI, both LAs, MEM, ORL both in the regular season and playoffs. Part of the game my friends

okc lost maynor to acl

kdspurman
07-03-2012, 07:00 PM

SA lost Manu to a broken hand for more than 2 months fwiw

Alayla
07-04-2012, 04:49 PM

even the sixers had injury issues and Iggy was hurting in the celtics series

b@llhog24
07-04-2012, 06:48 PM
he can play behind wade, miami plays lineups without a PG and allen could get 22-26min a game. Also allen would close games, but he would probably close games anywhere.

Miami gives him the best shot at a ring and a good amount of playing time imo.

He would be the celtics 7th man(terry would be their 6th man) and miami's 6th man

Still doesn't scream "significant" to me. If he wanted to ride the bench he should stay in Boston.

they will give him what he wants.....they are gonna put wade at pg and allen at sg

Wade can't play pg defensively for a whole season.

justinnum1
07-04-2012, 06:59 PM
Still doesn't scream "significant" to me. If he wanted to ride the bench he should stay in Boston.

Wade can't play pg defensively for a whole season.

It's one thing to ride the bench for a future hall of famer, but to come off the bench behind bradley and split minutes with terry?

I would stack the odds like this

50% he returns to boston
35% he goes to miami
15% he goes to clippers.

And i agree, wade can not play pg for a whole season.

Blitzbolt
07-04-2012, 07:02 PM
The injury excuse is the worst people lie to them selfs and others.Injury's will always happen this post season the Clipps and NY fans use it the most.

Its really annoying I think only Portland fan's have the right to Bi c ht about injury's

YoungOne
07-04-2012, 07:15 PM
even the sixers had injury issues and Iggy was hurting in the celtics series

yeah... thats why he shot 128 % from deep against us...

samus
07-04-2012, 08:55 PM
damn!!!!

Jason "The JET" Terry

Another of my fave players of all time along with Garnett and Rondo and Pierce

Am i allowed to switch teams? I mean, im always playing with celtics on 2k12!

Just need Ak47 and my dream team complete haha jks... but not really

letsgobrownies7
07-05-2012, 01:42 PM
Reading this entire thread gave me a migraine lol.

DitchDat
07-06-2012, 08:03 AM
The injury excuse is the worst people lie to them selfs and others.Injury's will always happen this post season the Clipps and NY fans use it the most.

Its really annoying I think only Portland fan's have the right to Bi c ht about injury's

It's not an excuse though. Some Heat fans were a little too quick to dismiss Boston, which I think is unfair.

GoneGuru
07-08-2012, 06:08 PM
reading this entire thread gave me a migraine lol.

+1