PDA

View Full Version : Goran Dragic NOT returning to HOU

waveycrockett
07-03-2012, 12:28 PM
. EyeOnBasketball Report: Goran Dragic will not return to Rockets, Suns could offer $8-$9 million per year http://t.co/TDxBuxiI

Mark stein also reported

black1605
07-03-2012, 12:30 PM
As Wojo pointed out:

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
So Phoenix trades Goran Dragic AND a 1st pick for Aaron Brooks in 2011, and now wants to pay Dragic between $8M-$9M per year to return? Wow.

KB24PG16
07-03-2012, 12:31 PM
Lolz suns

waveycrockett
07-03-2012, 12:32 PM
So they went from having 2 great PG's to no PG's. Nice job Morey. Now go get Dwight.

Fresno
07-03-2012, 12:32 PM
Phoenix has the worst owner in the NBA. Robert Sarver :facepalm

They make absolutely no sense in the moves they make.

The only team who can throw away their cap space as soon as they get it.

waveycrockett
07-03-2012, 12:33 PM
As Wojo pointed out:

Id laugh if HOU had to resign Brooks

Fresno
07-03-2012, 12:33 PM
So they went from having 2 great PG's to no PG's. Nice job Morey. Now go get Dwight.

"Great" is an overstatement for Lowry & Dragic as PG's.

waveycrockett
07-03-2012, 12:35 PM
"Great" is an overstatement for Lowry & Dragic as PG's.

There were a faction of people actually saying they were both as good as DWILL last week.

Hawkeye15
07-03-2012, 12:36 PM
does this necessarily mean Dragic won't take an offer from Houston for roughly the same though? I don't see where Dragic or his agent has said, "no to Houston".

LakersIn5
remember when dragic took a shat on the spurs?

Punk
Lol So, Dragic is gone and Lowry is pissed at the fact they let him wow them for 20 games and forgot what he did for them in the last 2-3 years.

Good job, Morey.

Fresno
07-03-2012, 12:40 PM
There were a faction of people actually saying they were both as good as DWILL last week.

Wow.

:pity:

Fresno
07-03-2012, 12:41 PM
Lol So, Dragic is gone and Lowry is pissed at the fact they let him wow them for 20 games and forgot what he did for them in the last 2-3 years.

Good job, Morey.

Lowry is pissed because he had a terrible season under McHale.

Point Blank.

He didn't care at all when he backed up Aaron Brooks as he won the Most Improved Player and was being hyped as Houston's new "Franchise Player".

waveycrockett
07-03-2012, 12:42 PM
does this necessarily mean Dragic won't take an offer from Houston for roughly the same though? I don't see where Dragic or his agent has said, "no to Houston".

The article clearly says that is exactly what happened. They are nowhere close to a deal it says and decided its not going to work it says.

waveycrockett
07-03-2012, 12:43 PM
Lowry is pissed because he had a terrible season under McHale.

Point Blank.

He didn't care at all when he backed up Aaron Brooks as he won the Most Improved Player and was being hyped as Houston's new "Franchise Player".

Huh? Lowry was terrific last year under McHale he just doesnt like him.

Hawkeye15
07-03-2012, 12:44 PM
The article clearly says that is exactly what happened. They are nowhere close to a deal it says and decided its not going to work it says.

8 days until signings. I have watched countless free agency periods, decisions aren't made on July 3rd usually.

nbrod
07-03-2012, 12:46 PM
Sucks to be Houston right now

LTBaByyy
07-03-2012, 12:47 PM
Didn't Suns just draft Marshall?

I think he is more talented than people give him credit for

RC3
07-03-2012, 12:48 PM
Houston has a nice team. If they had a superstar, they would have been elite. A lot of good role players.

Nica
07-03-2012, 12:49 PM

Agreed. How the Sarver Suns have destroyed their franchise with incredibly poor re: cheap moves ( Johnson, dealing Rondos rights, Shaq fiasco, Marion , Stat etc)is just plain shocking.
They have gone from a wildly entertaining brand of basketball to team that is reeling from poor decisions. The loyalty that Nash displayed to the city, fans and organization was amazing in light of the stinginess of the franchise.
I wonder if Colangelo has any money/ interest left in whats left of his Suns ?

waveycrockett
07-03-2012, 12:51 PM
8 days until signings. I have watched countless free agency periods, decisions aren't made on July 3rd usually.

Well apparently the Rockets low balled him and his people got up and.left. Never seen two sides come back from that in july.

Chronz
07-03-2012, 12:56 PM
I agreed with this part of the article

It should be noted that Rockets GM Daryl Morey has had phenomenal sense of when to match offers and when to let guys walk away. He doesn't keep players much past when they're useful or past what they're worth.

Dragic played well but Lowry is better and making less, if he ends up losing both then the Rockets will finally do what they should have done years ago, TANK TIME

Hawkeye15
07-03-2012, 12:59 PM
Well apparently the Rockets low balled him and his people got up and.left. Never seen two sides come back from that in july.

well, Morey has shown the ability to gauge a players worth well enough for me to get behind. Outside the Martin acquisition, which has run its course, he rarely signs a guy to a deal he ends up regretting later. But this does force them to think long and hard about moving Lowry.

king4day
07-03-2012, 01:01 PM
Agreed. How the Sarver Suns have destroyed their franchise with incredibly poor re: cheap moves ( Johnson, dealing Rondos rights, Shaq fiasco, Marion , Stat etc)is just plain shocking.
They have gone from a wildly entertaining brand of basketball to team that is reeling from poor decisions. The loyalty that Nash displayed to the city, fans and organization was amazing in light of the stinginess of the franchise.
I wonder if Colangelo has any money/ interest left in whats left of his Suns ?

I am pretty sure an early/mid 20's pick isn't expected to turn out a superstar. Plus, I had heard a while back that the Suns had no plans to draft Rondo had they kept that pick.
That said, no Suns fan will argue how Sarver has negatively impacted this franchise.

Htownballa1622
I bet goran wants to play for the nets since everyone wants to join them :rolleyes:

I'm being sarcastic btw.

waveycrockett
I agreed with this part of the article

Dragic played well but Lowry is better and making less, if he ends up losing both then the Rockets will finally do what they should have done years ago, TANK TIME

Dragic out played Lowry when he started not to mention they have to trade lowry now. Just stupid on.Morey

Htownballa1622
07-03-2012, 01:02 PM
On topic,. If goran wants 10 mil a year and Morey thinks that's too much, let him walk and we can finally tank :)

waveycrockett
07-03-2012, 01:02 PM
well, Morey has shown the ability to gauge a players worth well enough for me to get behind. Outside the Martin acquisition, which has run its course, he rarely signs a guy to a deal he ends up regretting later. But this does force them to think long and hard about moving Lowry.

Luis Scola Much?

Trevor Ariza?

This guy is not above giving out bad deals.

thekmp211
07-03-2012, 01:03 PM
this is probably a sign that lowry is staying.

and lowry was great until he got hurt, then struggled, it happens to the best of them.

Chronz
07-03-2012, 01:04 PM
Dragic out played Lowry when he started not to mention they have to trade lowry now. Just stupid on.Morey

What did Morey do? He was suppose to foresee a players coach clashing with Lowry?

And if he doesnt think Dragic is worth the money then its that simple. Dragic outplayed a Lowry who was recovering from injury. Hes not the better player tho.

Lowry is equally productive and FAR better defensively. Dragic ran the offense better, Lowry spearheaded the defense better. Ill take the guy with the cheaper contract and try to make it work, if not. TANK

Htownballa1622
07-03-2012, 01:05 PM
What did Morey do? He was suppose to foresee a players coach clashing with Lowry?

And if he doesnt think Dragic is worth the money then its that simple. Dragic outplayed a Lowry who was recovering from injury. Hes not the better player tho.

Lowry is equally productive and FAR better defensively. Dragic ran the offense better, Lowry spearheaded the defense better. Ill take the guy with the cheaper contract and try to make it work, if not. TANK

This:dance:

Chronz
07-03-2012, 01:07 PM
Luis Scola Much?

Trevor Ariza?

Yea but he corrects those mistakes once they run their course.

Ariza was a great investment, once it became clear he couldnt live up to the expectations he turned him into Courtney Lee. The other team gave up a promising rookie in Collison for Ariza, thats much worse.

Scola was abit overpaid but he was an 18-8 player before last year. Thats not grotesque at the time

sep11ie
07-03-2012, 01:07 PM
Wavey, report on your own team.

Hawkeye15
07-03-2012, 01:09 PM
Luis Scola Much?

Trevor Ariza?

Scola's deal isn't bad, he makes what you would pay an above average starting PF to produce 16-8.

Ariza was flipped for Courtney Lee after one bad season, Morey got out from under his deal for a younger, cheaper talent immediately.

eternal slumber
07-03-2012, 01:10 PM
this doesn't make sense for the Suns, they've just drafted Marshall. Suns might have been better off trying to rebuild, save cap space and play the season through. get better pick for next year, develop young players and maybe spend the cap space for some big time free agents next summer.

thekmp211
07-03-2012, 01:15 PM
dragic should go to toronto if/when they lose out on nash. suns...i don't even know what they're about.

smith&wesson
07-03-2012, 01:21 PM
i wish the raps would back out of the nash thing and just try to go after one of lowry or dragic. both can be pretty dam good pg's.

Jarvo
07-03-2012, 01:46 PM
Damn Rockets :facepalm:

StarvingKnick22
07-03-2012, 01:51 PM
to the jets

AI4MVP
07-03-2012, 01:52 PM
pllllllllllllllllllease BRING GORAN BACK TO PHOENIX!

UPRock
07-03-2012, 01:59 PM
WTF is wrong with Phoenix, they just drafted Marshall.

HouRealCoach
07-03-2012, 02:03 PM
Dragic to the Jazz

FarOutIos
07-03-2012, 02:09 PM
Doesn't make sense for him to go to houston... I would like to see him come to my kings. But not at $8-$9 million. I think he is a little overvalued right now...

Gritz
07-03-2012, 02:15 PM
Lol

b@llhog24
07-03-2012, 02:20 PM
He should go to the Jazz.

KingsMadness44
07-03-2012, 02:32 PM

Do you know who the Maloofs are????

jsthornton7
07-03-2012, 03:25 PM
Dragic is ********... turning down 8.9m a year lol

fadedmario
07-03-2012, 03:28 PM
Dragic can ball man. He's a player to watch this upcoming season.

sunsfan88
07-03-2012, 04:36 PM
Hey people, remember when drafted Nash...traded him to Dallas then signed him back and he won b2b MVPs?

Suns drafted Dragic....traded him to yet another Texas team (Houston) and now we may sign him back....

Delusional
07-03-2012, 05:42 PM
Come back to the desert Dragic...

5ass
07-03-2012, 06:02 PM
Hey people, remember when drafted Nash...traded him to Dallas then signed him back and he won b2b MVPs?

Suns drafted Dragic....traded him to yet another Texas team (Houston) and now we may sign him back....

remember when the suns were stupid enough to trade him in the first place for aaron brooks?

Toastyy
07-03-2012, 06:06 PM
good theyre over loaded in point guards they need some more post players... lol jk

John Walls Era
07-03-2012, 06:09 PM

Thats the Reading Comprehension by NBA forum members.

sunnydayin'zona
07-03-2012, 06:29 PM
remember when dragic took a shat on the spurs?

Yeahhhhhh! :D

Since it looks like we're losing Nash, I'm totally cool with bringing Dragic back.

Also note to anyone here...if I remember correctly, it was a different FO who traded Dragic for Brooks. But I could be wrong

Huntey
07-03-2012, 06:37 PM
As Wojo pointed out:

We'd have to pay the guy anyway so it's not soooo bad :bang:

Huntey
07-03-2012, 06:43 PM
remember when the suns were stupid enough to trade him in the first place for aaron brooks?

Aaron Brooks was the right move at the time; we needed scoring off the bench to try and push for the play-offs, Dragic was playing like garbage. Why not get the former MOP who can be a huge scoring threat over a guy who was turning the ball over 5 times a game and ruining the offensive flow.

I wasn't completely for the trade but you can see why the Suns did it. It was a bad trade in hindsight but was the right move at the time.