PDA

View Full Version : The Nets & Magic are discussing a trade

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

yankeesfan09
07-03-2012, 06:46 AM
Chris Broussard tweeted Sources: The Nets & Magic are discussing a trade that would send Dwight Howard to Brooklyn for Brook Lopez, Kris Humphies, Marshon Brooks and the Nets' first-round picks in 2012, 2014, 2016 & 2018....move would give Nets Big 3 of D-Will, Dwight & Joe Johnson.

https://twitter.com/#!/Chris_Broussard/

Update: Scratch Nets 2012 pick from potential trade.
Correction: Nets' picks that would be traded to Orlando would be 2013, 2015 and 2017, source says....

bholly
07-03-2012, 06:53 AM
So Humphries and Lopez would both S+T?

Picks would all have to be unprotected, although I suppose that might not matter much if they're Brooklyn's own picks.

MagicBucsSox
07-03-2012, 06:55 AM
This makes no sense, you can't trade RFA without there permission and can't trade back to back 1st rd picks, Wtf is this? And those picks with be pick #25 & up.NO VALUE. This cannot be true. If so I'm done with Orlando

MagicBucsSox
07-03-2012, 06:59 AM
Add to that Wallace,Howard Williams & Johnson is over the cap with 4 player unless they're taking Turk rich Duhon Davis too. This has to be a leverage bluff towards another team

Ps the picks are '13,'15 '17

Badluck33
07-03-2012, 07:17 AM
lol.

bholly
07-03-2012, 07:17 AM
I'm not sure I see how Orando prefer it over, say, Horford and Teague. Or whatever that possible Clippers package was. Or even a GSW package of some sort.
And I'm not sure I believe that Lopez and Humphries just S+T to Orlando, which wouldn't be looking like the best destination in the world after such a trade.
Something about this just doesn't add up.

MagicBucsSox
07-03-2012, 07:31 AM
@stevekylerNBA: For those just getting moving... Nets and Magic had "fruitful" discussions on Dwight Howard trade... nothing close but both sides talking..

Raps18-19 Champ
07-03-2012, 07:41 AM
I called that Howard to the Nets is still alive. :shrug:

C-Howard
PF-Kirilenko
SF-Wallace
SG-Johnson
PG-Deron

Raps18-19 Champ
07-03-2012, 07:42 AM
I called that Howard to the Nets is still alive. :shrug:

C-Howard
PF-Kirilenko
SF-Wallace
SG-Johnson
PG-Deron

netsgiantsyanks
07-03-2012, 08:08 AM
cool.

Cromedome
07-03-2012, 08:10 AM
Bruh story cool.

bholly
07-03-2012, 08:12 AM
Cap-wise, it checks out. The Nets would stay above the cap the whole way through the re-signings of DWill and Wallace, through the JJ trade, and through this. They'd just have to sign Lopez and Humphries and whoever else they send to Orlando for a combined ~$14,473,000 or more to make that trade work.

With DWill getting ~$17,178,000 (his max), Wallace getting ~$8.9m (which, with maximum raises, gives him the reported $40m over 4 years), JJ has ~$19,753,000, Brooks on ~$1,063,000 and Dwight on ~$19,536,000, they'd be at $66,430,000, so over the cap.

Add in 7 rookie minimums (7x$493,604 = $3,455,288) and that takes them to ~$69,885,000 as their cap figure, assuming they renounce all their other guys.

If the luxury tax is at $70.307m like last season (as expected), that puts the apron at $74.307m.

So they'll have two choices to fill out the roster:

1) Using the MLE ($5m) and the BAE ($3m), but then the apron level, $74.307m, becomes a hard cap, and they can't go over it for any reason. So they can only use the exceptions up to the point where filling the rest of the roster with minimum salary guys (ie they couldn't sign one guy for $5m and one guy for $3m, because that would take them above the apron, and they couldn't sign the rest of the guys they need for a full roster).

2) Using the mini-MLE ($3.090m), in which case the apron doesn't become a hardcap, but they're over the cap and can still only fill the roster out with minimum salary guys.

In short, they're going to have the cheapest bench possible.

AddiX
07-03-2012, 08:13 AM
2018 first rounder, lmao, this seems like a stretch... And w Wallace and Turk on then roster too? The Russian doesn't mind spending $ thats for sure.

oballerc75
07-03-2012, 08:14 AM
This all really depends on how the magic value Lopez and brookes, or are they looking to get back an all star for an all star and stay competitive? Or do they want to rebuild? I would really like to know what the magics intentions are with there future

ThunderousDemon
07-03-2012, 08:15 AM
Cap-wise, it checks out. The Nets would stay above the cap the whole way through the re-signings of DWill and Wallace, through the JJ trade, and through this. They'd just have to sign Lopez and Humphries and whoever else they send to Orlando for a combined ~$14,473,000 or more to make that trade work.

With DWill getting ~$17,178,000 (his max), Wallace getting ~$8.9m (which, with maximum raises, gives him the reported $40m over 4 years), JJ has ~$19,753,000, Brooks on ~$1,063,000 and Dwight on ~$19,536,000, they'd be at $66,430,000, so over the cap.

Add in 7 rookie minimums (7x$493,604 = $3,455,288) and that takes them to ~$69,885,000 as their cap figure, assuming they renounce all their other guys.

If the luxury tax is at $70.307m like last season (as expected), that puts the apron at $74.307m.

So they'll have two choices to fill out the roster:

1) Using the MLE ($5m) and the BAE ($3m), but then the apron level, $74.307m, becomes a hard cap, and they can't go over it for any reason. So they can only use the exceptions up to the point where filling the rest of the roster with minimum salary guys (ie they couldn't sign one guy for $5m and one guy for $3m, because that would take them above the apron, and they couldn't sign the rest of the guys they need for a full roster).

2) Using the mini-MLE ($3.090m), in which case the apron doesn't become a hardcap, but they're over the cap and can still only fill the roster out with minimum salary guys.

In short, they're going to have the cheapest bench possible.

D league bench?

StarvingKnick22
07-03-2012, 08:17 AM
why would Humpries and Lopez want to sign with the magic so orlando can trade dwight? both of them are RFA they cant be traded. cool story bro

Cano-Montero...
07-03-2012, 08:17 AM
hopefully this ends...

KnicksPain
07-03-2012, 08:20 AM
Somewhere in Cleveland Dan Gilbert is typing very hard in all caps.

ThunderousDemon
07-03-2012, 08:25 AM
Micheal Jordan talking to ESPN and his opposition to the Chris Paul trade

As a small market (owner) I'm very supportive of being able to keep your star player. That whole market is determined by that one individual. You want to make it very difficult for that guy to leave. Not that he can't leave, but to understand the circumstances if he does leave. -- Michael Jordan

Take out your type writer you whining little *****.

bholly
07-03-2012, 08:27 AM
Also, to add to what I wrote above, they'd be above the apron every year for the next 3 offseasons at least (as long as Howard, Williams, Johnson, Wallace are on the books), so they'd only be able to add one mini-MLE (just over $3m) guy per year, and after that it's rookies and draft picks only.

If I were them, and this trade were a real possibility, I'd be backing out of the JJ or Wallace deals pretty quick.

But I don't really think it's real - I just don't see any of Orlando, Lopez, Humphries going for it.

ndfightirish12
07-03-2012, 08:29 AM
i hope this happens just because yesterday everyone was bashing billy king for the jj trade...not looking so stupid now is he?

BigCityofDreams
07-03-2012, 08:29 AM
Also, to add to what I wrote above, they'd be above the apron every year for the next 3 offseasons at least (as long as Howard, Williams, Johnson, Wallace are on the books), so they'd only be able to add one mini-MLE (just over $3m) guy per year, and after that it's rookies and draft picks only.

If I were them, and this trade were a real possibility, I'd be backing out of the JJ or Wallace deals pretty quick.

But I don't really think it's real - I just don't see any of Orlando, Lopez, Humphries going for it.

So then why engage the Nets in discussions then. They are at least interested. Is this a smoke screen to get another team to budge?

The goods
07-03-2012, 08:30 AM
Those picks won't have any value and why send him to a team that he wants after all this drama,plus you can get a better offer from other teams that aren't in the east.

BigCityofDreams
07-03-2012, 08:32 AM
Those picks won't have any value and why send him to a team that he wants after all this drama,plus you can get a better offer from other teams that aren't in the east.

I don't get it but hey this thing has taken so many twists and turns who knows what's going to happen.

njnets
07-03-2012, 08:33 AM

if he wont extend with any other team, would those teams be willing to trade for him? bynum>howard because of a longer deal. one year of howard is not worth many years of bynum.

and your right about the picks. late 20s every other year is not that good value wise.

NYsFinest
07-03-2012, 08:36 AM
if he wont extend with any other team, would those teams be willing to trade for him? bynum>howard because of a longer deal. one year of howard is not worth many years of bynum.

and your right about the picks. late 20s every other year is not that good value wise.

Nets dont have any cap space for Dwight to be making such threats anymore

bholly
07-03-2012, 08:36 AM
So then why engage the Nets in discussions then. They are at least interested. Is this a smoke screen to get another team to budge?

No idea. Gotta do your due diligence, though.

The 'he'll only sign with the Nets so nobody else will take him' argument doesn't hold much water anymore. Brooklyn are capping themselves up with DWill and JJ and Wallace - he can't just sign there next season. Brooklyn have to trade for him or they aren't getting him. Other teams know that, and know that if they trade for them, even if he doesn't extend now, he won't have Brooklyn as an option a year from now, so they could convince him to stay.

BKLYNpigeon
07-03-2012, 08:37 AM
I dont think you can trade that many 1st round picks up to 2018.

nyKnicks126
07-03-2012, 08:38 AM
A team of Williams, JJ, Bojan Bogdanovic, Wallace at the 4, and Dwight..

That's one good team..

koreancabbage
07-03-2012, 08:39 AM
thats a lot of taxes to pay but I would jump on that Brooklyn bandwagon. New jerseys and probably the better NY team out there lol

nyKnicks126
07-03-2012, 08:39 AM
I dont think you can trade that many 1st round picks up to 2018.

Knicks did it with the Marbury trade in 2003, and we still owed Phoenix a pick in 2010.. Or was it for Eddy Curry in the Chicago trade.. Not sure.. but still.

AddiX
07-03-2012, 08:40 AM
I think espn is back there old tricks of making up nonsense again. Nope, I'm certain of it.

Let's not forget the 24/7 ridiculousness of melo/ bron, NBA free agency is a gold mine for espn's ratings, this is just the beginning.

xnick5757
A team of Williams, JJ, Bojan Bogdanovic, Wallace at the 4, and Dwight..

That's one good starting four

And absolutely no bench

SkipBaylessFan
Honestly, this trade is horrible. Would rather have cap space and let Dwight leave next season. Lopez is nothing special; a centre who averages 5 rebounds a game. Brooks is overhyped. And Hump is a solid if rather unspectacular player. No upside to this trade at all. Cap space and letting Dwight leave } proposed trade.

BigCityofDreams
07-03-2012, 08:41 AM
No idea. Gotta do your due diligence, though..

Good point have to at least explore all options.

nyKnicks126
07-03-2012, 08:42 AM
And absolutely no bench

Miami had the same problem.. But yes, you need a supporting cast to win it all.. and Miami got it's supporting class now..

Kidd will probably sign to the Nets.. and then unfortunately, all the other vet mini players will follow..

YashBoone
07-03-2012, 08:42 AM
This comes right after Chris Broussard was on Espn saying that he "knows there is abosolutely no way" dwight will go to Brooklyn...... What a ****ing joke that guy is.

nyKnicks126
07-03-2012, 08:44 AM
This comes right after Chris Broussard was on Espn saying that he "knows there is abosolutely no way" dwight will go to Brooklyn...... What a ****ing joke that guy is.

Yeah, he likes to play with emotions.. I remember LeBrons "decision" on TV. and he said he thinks LeBron will pick Miami, but the Knicks aren't out of the running yet.... He is what he is, a joke..

ThunderousDemon
07-03-2012, 08:45 AM
thats a lot of taxes to pay but I would jump on that Brooklyn bandwagon. New jerseys and probably the better NY team out there lol

:o

njnets
07-03-2012, 08:45 AM
the cap space argument does hold a lot of truth. i cant go against that. those teams would be risking alot though by putting all of their chips in to try and make him stay but the nets did the same thing with dwill. sometimes it works with teams, doing it, sometimes it doesnt. we'll see about dwill soon. other teams can offer a good package, better than the nets can, but will those teams be willing to give equal value to dwight for one year? im skeptical of it.

wouldnt be surprised though, he is the best center. guess we will see soon

AddiX
07-03-2012, 08:46 AM

Pretty much...

I'm pretty sure espn forces him to make up ridiculous rumors and trade scenarios for ratings. I'll never forget the melo fiasco, everyday was a new rumor, half the times Broussard would look at the camera you would tell he was completely full crap, and it looked like he didn't even want to say what he was saying.

That's just a theory of mine.

aussie
07-03-2012, 08:46 AM
it won't happen...maybe if the Magic got Jeff Bower as their GM but no not going to happen, Magic would be crazy to take this, so much better offers on the table...Bynum+...JSmoove+...Lowry+...Lopez is a terrible player, the Nets are better off with DWill, JJ and Crash instead of being greedy, can you imagine the bench they'd have to sign. They would have 4 players totaling to around 67M the hard cap is 84M so they'd have to sign minimum 8 players with 17M, better off keeping Lopez, Humpries and Brooks and all that talent coming through the next few years

ThunderousDemon
07-03-2012, 08:47 AM
Yeah, he likes to play with emotions.. I remember LeBrons "decision" on TV. and he said he thinks LeBron will pick Miami, but the Knicks aren't out of the running yet.... He is what he is, a joke..

Didn't he also say that Lebron was signing with the Bulls or was that Wade?

BringBackOakley
Honestly, this trade is horrible. Would rather have cap space and let Dwight leave next season. Lopez is nothing special; a centre who averages 5 rebounds a game. Brooks is overhyped. And Hump is a solid if rather unspectacular player. No upside to this trade at all. Cap space and letting Dwight leave } proposed trade.

Plus at least 3 future 1st round draft picks. That's definitely better than nothing.

waveycrockett
It's over guys. Get on board or get run over.

netsgiantsyanks
07-03-2012, 08:49 AM
it won't happen...maybe if the Magic got Jeff Bower as their GM but no not going to happen, Magic would be crazy to take this, so much better offers on the table...Bynum+...JSmoove+...Lowry+...Lopez is a terrible player, the Nets are better off with DWill, JJ and Crash instead of being greedy, can you imagine the bench they'd have to sign. They would have 4 players totaling to around 67M the hard cap is 84M so they'd have to sign minimum 8 players with 17M, better off keeping Lopez, Humpries and Brooks and all that talent coming through the next few years

lopez a terrible defensive player? you can argue that. terrible offensive player? absolutely not.

ThunderousDemon

What are you talking about?

xnick5757
Plus at least 3 future 1st round draft picks. That's definitely better than nothing.

3 very late first rounders

knicksfan42
07-03-2012, 08:50 AM
Posted in other thread by me:

I don't know what Nets fans are smoking, but the Magic hold a ton more leverage with Johnson and Wallace signing with the Nets.

The ONLY WAY DWIGHT BECOMES A NET IS THROUGH A TRADE WITH THE MAGIC. He can't sign there. Those alluding to the Melo trade forget that Melo could still sign as an FA during the offseason. Dwight would be unable to sign as an FA with the Nets now.

Now teams know that if they acquire Dwight through a trade there is a much smaller chance of him walking, because he cannot walk to the Nets. If he is traded to the Lakers right now, there is no chance he walks away in the offseason. None.

Dwight not being able to walk away to the Nets next offseason far out weighs any detriments of his douchey behavior.

Teams are now more likely to gamble on a Dwight rental.

Cano-Montero...
hope this ends today...

SkipBaylessFan

We're about to become a lottery team once again once Dwight leaves, so we'll have a couple seasons of lottery picks anyways. Nets' picks would be all low value if the Nets actually live up to the hype of putting Deron and Dwight together.

BigCityofDreams
07-03-2012, 08:51 AM
What are you talking about?

You didn't hear it's a done deal. Press conference at noon

BigBlueCrew
07-03-2012, 08:52 AM

He is what he is....a reporter for the "World Wide leader in sports"

He is doing his job...getting you to their site, just like he is doing with the Jeremy Lin story

oak2455
07-03-2012, 08:53 AM
Why if you're a restricted FA why sign and have no say where youre going ..... But it's ok for Diva Dwight to get his way?? Makes a ton of sense

nyKnicks126
07-03-2012, 08:53 AM
Didn't he also say that Lebron was signing with the Bulls or was that Wade?

Wade because of a family decision since his ex and kids live in Chicago

waveycrockett
07-03-2012, 08:54 AM

He is doing his job...getting you to their site, just like he is doing with the Jeremy Lin story

I love when people get mad at reporters. I mean i've been there but still it's silly.

koreancabbage
07-03-2012, 08:54 AM
however i like this move cuz Dwight will be the face of evil come next year. Lebron won't be the most hated man on earth now! =)

however this is ******** for Orlando, trading a superstar, let alone perennial allstar, to a team in the East, and will get a bunch of chump role players (Lopez will not be an star anymore- Monroe, Chandler, Hibbert(if he stays in the East), and Howard)

If you were Orlando, you wanna place Lopez in a spot where he can succeed (i.e. all-star appearances) but he isn't going to be that if Howard is still there in the East IMO lol

If anything you let Howard play out your season in Orlando and screw over Brooklyn cuz they can't offer anything to Dwight the max anymore. will Dwight take the bigger contract or play for much less money with all the players making big money?

ThunderousDemon
07-03-2012, 08:55 AM
Posted in other thread by me:

I don't know what Nets fans are smoking, but the Magic hold a ton more leverage with Johnson and Wallace signing with the Nets.

The ONLY WAY DWIGHT BECOMES A NET IS THROUGH A TRADE WITH THE MAGIC. He can't sign there. Those alluding to the Melo trade forget that Melo could still sign as an FA during the offseason. Dwight would be unable to sign as an FA with the Nets now.

Now teams know that if they acquire Dwight through a trade there is a much smaller chance of him walking, because he cannot walk to the Nets. If he is traded to the Lakers right now, there is no chance he walks away in the offseason. None.

Dwight not being able to walk away to the Nets next offseason far out weighs any detriments of his douchey behavior.

Teams are now more likely to gamble on a Dwight rental.

Interesting.....

waveycrockett
07-03-2012, 08:56 AM
Why if you're a restricted FA why sign and have no say where youre going ..... But it's ok for Diva Dwight to get his way?? Makes a ton of sense

Same way Knicks could sign and trade Landry Fields to PHX for Nash. It's only been talked about a million times here on WFAN/ESPN radio

nyKnicks126
07-03-2012, 08:56 AM

I went on ESPN today, and it said on the side Source: Howard traded to the Nets.. So I was pissed then they changed it to COULD

Lindystud36
07-03-2012, 08:57 AM
Awesome news for Brooklyn
And for all of you saying they will have no bench; dont worry when they are up by 20 points in every first quarter I can playin the second half

nyKnicks126
07-03-2012, 08:59 AM
Same way Knicks could sign and trade Landry Fields to PHX for Nash. It's only been talked about a million times here on WFAN/ESPN radio

The thing is Suns want Fields for 4 million plus.. and Fields would like the opportunity to also start for the Suns.. If he went to a different team I don't think he would get the opportunity.

justinnum1
07-03-2012, 09:00 AM
wow, nets looking like they will be the 2nd best team in the east.

oak2455
07-03-2012, 09:00 AM

Run over ??? tell Avery watch his back.... Ask Sloan and VanGundy.... Divas who go after coaches n franchises

BklynKnicks3
07-03-2012, 09:01 AM
y would orlando help the nets and howard when without them this cant get done because only way they can sign howard is if they get him in a trade and own his bird rights they are cap'd out

Whomewhome
however i like this move cuz Dwight will be the face of evil come next year. Lebron won't be the most hated man on earth now! =)

however this is ******** for Orlando, trading a superstar, let alone perennial allstar, to a team in the East, and will get a bunch of chump role players (Lopez will not be an star anymore- Monroe, Chandler, Hibbert(if he stays in the East), and Howard)

If you were Orlando, you wanna place Lopez in a spot where he can succeed (i.e. all-star appearances) but he isn't going to be that if Howard is still there in the East IMO lol

If anything you let Howard play out your season in Orlando and screw over Brooklyn cuz they can't offer anything to Dwight the max anymore. will Dwight take the bigger contract or play for much less money with all the players making big money?
No you are right. But Dwight doesn't need to sign anything this year. It would be Lopez and Humprhies who are doing the sign and trade, which is why it's complicated. First both have to agree to signs and trades. Then we would have to trade them knowing we are excing the cap (but under bird rights) then that would become DWIGHT space. and it would increase in 2013 when he does sign the contract.

THIS IS EXTREMELY COMPLICATED. I am trying not to get too excited but it's hard not too....Nets have never been even this close to relevancy ever.

BigBlueCrew
I went on ESPN today, and it said on the side Source: Howard traded to the Nets.. So I was pissed then they changed it to COULD

That's ESPN for ya.

nyKnicks126
07-03-2012, 09:02 AM
Looking back Melo was far more professional with his situation then this Diva Howard is..

aussie
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
For Nets-Magic to progress on a Dwight Howard deal, a 3rd team needed to take Kris Humphries in a sign-and-trade, league source tells Y!

waveycrockett
The thing is Suns want Fields for 4 million plus.. and Fields would like the opportunity to also start for the Suns.. If he went to a different team I don't think he would get the opportunity.
Really? He's said that? He could start in NY too lol.

I kid

At the end of the day it's about $$$

nyKnicks126
07-03-2012, 09:03 AM
y would orlando help the nets and howard when without them this cant get done because only way they can sign howard is if they get him in a trade and own his bird rights they are cap'd out

I think that the Magic can get far more better offers then this one..

1_team_1_dream
For Nets-Magic to progress on a Dwight Howard deal, a 3rd team needed to take Kris Humphries in a sign-and-trade, league source tells Y!

LakersIn5
i want dwight to be happy. i actually wanted him to be ufa so he can sign directly to the nets. as for the magic they should already take brook, brooks and hump. thats better than dwight leaving for nothing next year. and better than deandre, bledseo and butler.

driz
It's one heck of a boat load for Orlando to be receiving. Probably the best value they're going to get for 7 feet of cancer ailing their franchise. High picks or not, that's 3 additional first rounders spanned over 3-4 years. On top of that it's another legit 7-footer in the middle who can play in Lopez. An excellent rebounder/defender at the 4 in Humphries (regardless of how much he gets booed and TMZ headlines), and a good player in Brooks as well.

Not to mention a boatload of draft picks to lure some expiring deals or to use as other trade bait moving forward.

I'd be jumping all over it.

justinnum1
07-03-2012, 09:04 AM
Looking back Melo was far more professional with his situation then this Diva Howard is..

melo is a ***** too

waveycrockett

This is where the Hornets come in

njnets
Question now is who wants hump, of anyone? I'm curious to see the $ of that contract

HaruSoul
07-03-2012, 09:05 AM
This trade is horrible, if the Nets don't win it all next year with Dwight they will look like idiots for not waiting a year.

nyKnicks126
Really? He's said that? He could start in NY too lol.

I kid

At the end of the day it's about $$$

Yeah he did, because the Knicks had no other option.. JR. is always a energy player off the bench..

I don't know what he said.. but if you start in the NBA you get more of an opportunity and you get more money in the future as a result.

Whomewhome
no we would be capped out (With bird rights) because Lopez and Humphries sign and not DWIGHT. ... then we would flip those bird rights to DWIGHT because the total salaries will match within 10%.... and then in 2013 when he does have to sign his new contract we can sign him for more due to his bird rights being ours.

BigBlueCrew
This is where the Hornets come in

Why dont you call and talk them into it?

xnick5757
i doubt anything gets done, and here is why - Lopez cannot be traded if he signs an offer sheet with another team, even if the Nets match. Given what Asik got, and the shortage of centers on the market, some team will definitely offer him a contract.

also if anyone is wondering the 2013 nets salaries:

nets 2013 salaries

johnson - $21,466,718 (cannot be amnestied or stretched)
williams - $17,640,079* (cannot be amnestied, can be stretched [*estimated])
wallace - $10,000,000* (cannot be amnestied, can be stretched [*estimated])
brooks - $1,210,080 (cannot be amnestied or stretched)

51 mil committed

justinnum1
07-03-2012, 09:06 AM
relax knicks fans it might not happen.

LongIslandIcedZ
07-03-2012, 09:06 AM
I have a question for Magic fans. Would you guys prefer to make this trade and hover around the 9th/10th seed, or would you rather just tell Dwight to sit out the year and have a legit shot at the number 1 pick. I understand sitting a superstar down for the year is a little unconventional, but NJ isnt offering them much, and Dwight is being a huge ***. Maybe they should just tank and get a top draft pick. It's just an idea.

nyKnicks126
07-03-2012, 09:07 AM
melo is a ***** too

Just like the heat crying in the locker room after losing to the ****in bulls..

Bosh crying in the tunnel..

Wade and LeBron are actors..

Melo doesn't **** with the refs before the games like Wade to get calls.

BigBlueCrew
07-03-2012, 09:07 AM
relax knicks fans it might not happen.

We're very relaxed dude , what took you so long to get here and troll?

waveycrockett
07-03-2012, 09:08 AM
i doubt anything gets done, and here is why - Lopez cannot be traded if he signs an offer sheet with another team, even if the Nets match.

Nets will match whatever offer he gets. He'd be wasting his time and looking stupid when he comes back.

alistar
07-03-2012, 09:08 AM
Just like the heat crying in the locker room after losing to the ****in bulls..

Bosh crying in the tunnel..

Wade and LeBron are actors..

Melo doesn't **** with the refs before the games like Wade to get calls.

No, Melo just ****s with his whole team and the organization like Howard, demanding a trade while his team is in the middle of a playoff run.

Yunqn
07-03-2012, 09:09 AM
Getting joe johnson makes gerald wallace signing a wash..

I think they should trade wallace after the 2 month period when their able to trade bewly signed guys..

I think they shouldve persued kirilenko to play wallaces role.. It would be MUCH cheaper..

They would have no 4 man at all and a bunch of d leaguers.. Even if deron took less money and so did dwight..

Look at the heat.. They finally won it all , because of role players stepping up..

If it wasnt for shane battier one game , mario chalmers in another and then norris cole lighting a spark for a comeback and mike miller closing it in the finalee the heat would have lost..

You can sign two players who are almost as good as wallace who wants less moneyto play with brooklyn.. Kirilenko can fill in for wallace..

MagicBucsSox
@KBergCBS: Orlando GM Rob Hennigan also trying to engage the Hawks, Rockets, Lakers and possibly Mavs in Howard talks. Full-court press.

It's all a bait by Orlando thank god

xnick5757
Nets will match whatever offer he gets. He'd be wasting his time and looking stupid when he comes back.

if they match he cannot be traded

-Kobe24-TJ19-
if this somehow magically happens, Nets would absolutely **** on the Knicks

waveycrockett
07-03-2012, 09:10 AM
It's all a bait by Orlando thank god

denial

bholly

Yeah but then they couldn't trade him. The point is that if he gets a big offer somewhere, he's going to sign it, and either end up playing there or Brooklyn. Why would he choose to go to Orlando instead of that unless they're offering him the same amount? Maybe they will offer him as much, sure, but we'll have to see.

MrlooktheFup
Chris Broussard tweeted Sources: The Nets & Magic are discussing a trade that would send Dwight Howard to Brooklyn for Brook Lopez, Kris Humphies, Marshon Brooks and the Nets' first-round picks in 2012, 2014, 2016 & 2018....move would give Nets Big 3 of D-Will, Dwight & Joe Johnson.

https://twitter.com/#!/Chris_Broussard/

Update: Scratch Nets 2012 pick from potential trade.
Correction: Nets' picks that would be traded to Orlando would be 2013, 2015 and 2017, source says....

The magic should pull the trigger on this deal. Landing both Brooks and Lopez alone makes this a better deal then they can get anywhere else considering they would have to start rebuilding. The picks aren't going to be that great obviously but could be addition to future trades i guess.

The nets need to make this deal...Joe Johnson and Deron Williams (assuming he stays) isn't going to win you a ring.

justinnum1
i think this deal gets done by weeks end.

nyKnicks126
No, Melo just ****s with his whole team and the organization like Howard, demanding a trade while his team is in the middle of a playoff run.

....You don't know what you are talking about..

Howard had an "injury" that took him out of the playoffs.. Doctors said he could play but didn't..

Same goes for Bosh in 2009..

Davidgta1
07-03-2012, 09:11 AM
If this trade happens witch i don't think it will a team of Dwill Johnson Wallace and Dwight would dethrone the heat as the best in the east.

driz
I have a question for Magic fans. Would you guys prefer to make this trade and hover around the 9th/10th seed, or would you rather just tell Dwight to sit out the year and have a legit shot at the number 1 pick. I understand sitting a superstar down for the year is a little unconventional, but NJ isnt offering them much, and Dwight is being a huge ***. Maybe they should just tank and get a top draft pick. It's just an idea.

Have 4 HIGH paid players in your starting 5...including 3 All-Stars...and tank for a draft pick??? I'm guessing Jay-Z and the Russian Billionaire wouldn't see eye-to-eye on that dumb idea.

waveycrockett
if they match he cannot be traded

He's going to get the Max to make these salaries work why would he sign an offer sheet somewhere else? He'd still be a Net and he'd still be traded after the 6 month moratorium which I think ends in January.

RLundi
It's one heck of a boat load for Orlando to be receiving. Probably the best value they're going to get for 7 feet of cancer ailing their franchise. High picks or not, that's 3 additional first rounders spanned over 3-4 years. On top of that it's another legit 7-footer in the middle who can play in Lopez. An excellent rebounder/defender at the 4 in Humphries (regardless of how much he gets booed and TMZ headlines), and a good player in Brooks as well.

Not to mention a boatload of draft picks to lure some expiring deals or to use as other trade bait moving forward.

I'd be jumping all over it.

I'm starting to see the writing on the wall: that Dwight will probably still become a Net. Problem is, Orlando doesn't want Humphries. We'd need to get someone substantial back in a deal (point guard?) from whoever takes Humphries.

Another issue is we'd like to unload a bad contract or two but the Nets wouldn't be able to take back Turk or Duhon. So if Dwight still winds up in Brooklyn, Hennigan really has his work cut out for him.

nyKnicks126

Cool story man.. Maybe he would **** on the Lakers too, quit trolling.

waveycrockett
07-03-2012, 09:13 AM
Yeah but then they couldn't trade him. The point is that if he gets a big offer somewhere, he's going to sign it, and either end up playing there or Brooklyn.

ughh yeah we could still trade him it would just have to be after January I believe.

nyKnicks126
Still don't get why the Magic would want scraps from the Nets..

LongIslandIcedZ
Have 4 HIGH paid players in your starting 5...including 3 All-Stars...and tank for a draft pick??? I'm guessing Jay-Z and the Russian Billionaire wouldn't see eye-to-eye on that dumb idea.

Well insults aside, perhaps I mispoke, or you misinterpretted. I meant Orlando sitting down Dwight this year and tanking. Obviously NJ isnt going to tank for a good draft pick.

Whomewhome
i doubt anything gets done, and here is why - Lopez cannot be traded if he signs an offer sheet with another team, even if the Nets match. Given what Asik got, and the shortage of centers on the market, some team will definitely offer him a contract.

also if anyone is wondering the 2013 nets salaries:

nets 2013 salaries

johnson - $21,466,718 (cannot be amnestied or stretched)
williams - $17,640,079* (cannot be amnestied, can be stretched [*estimated])
wallace - $10,000,000* (cannot be amnestied, can be stretched [*estimated])
brooks - $1,210,080 (cannot be amnestied or stretched)

51 mil committed
I don't claim to know everything about the new CBA, but I can't say that I've seen that anywhere. Do you have a link? very interesting stuff?

justinnum1
07-03-2012, 09:14 AM

no question. would have to see how they play, but i think they would be 2nd or 3rd best team in the east.

YashBoone
07-03-2012, 09:15 AM

I love when people get mad at reporters. I mean i've been there but still it's silly.

He literally said last night "there is absolutely no way Dwight ends up with the nets now" then laughed about it....now all of a sudden he's on Espn saying he doesn't even want to consider Dwight in an Orlando uniform cause that's how confident he is.......

JOKE I TELL YOU.

waveycrockett
I don't claim to know everything about the new CBA, but I can't say that I've seen that anywhere. Do you have a link? very interesting stuff?
He's right if Lopez signs an offer sheet it would stop him from being traded for NOW but we would still match and he would still be traded on later in the season. Just delaying the inevitable.

driz
I'm starting to see the writing on the wall: that Dwight will probably still become a Net. Problem is, Orlando doesn't want Humphries. We'd need to get someone substantial back in a deal (point guard?) from whoever takes Humphries.

Another issue is we'd like to unload a bad contract or two but the Nets wouldn't be able to take back Turk or Duhon. So if Dwight still winds up in Brooklyn, Hennigan really has his work cut out for him.

I don't get why a franchise - losing a 20 rebound guy - wouldn't want a double double machine at the 4. I guess front offices have their own opinions on guys, but from a statistical stand point, with Lopez out most of last year Humphries threw down. From the Okur blunder to the end of the season, he was putting buckets up and pulling boards down night in and night out.

I understand wanting to unload bad contracts as well, but it doesn't seem feasible given the Nets situation. And based on how much you're already getting? Turn around and trade a package of picks with a bad contract for another good player. First round picks are often valued far higher than they're actually truly worth...and having 3 additional ones just dumped in your lap is nothing to laugh at.

xnick5757
He's going to get the Max to make these salaries work why would he sign an offer sheet somewhere else? He'd still be a Net and he'd still be traded after the 6 month moratorium which I think ends in January.

they would have to wait 1 year to trade him

KnicksPain
Somewhere in Cleveland Dan Gilbert is typing very hard in all caps.

So nobody found this funny? Hmm.

Well I guess everyone is too full to eat the poptarts I made for dessert.

effen5
Anyone have a reputable source not Chris Broussard? He's a ****in moron.

xnick5757
07-03-2012, 09:16 AM

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q43

If the team matches an offer sheet and retains their free agent, then for one year they cannot trade him without his consent, and cannot trade him at all to the team that signed him to an offer sheet. They also can't trade the player in a sign-and-trade transaction (see question number 88).

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q88

There is a rule that allows teams to re-sign their own free agents for trading purposes, called the sign-and-trade rule. Under this rule the player is re-signed and immediately traded to another team. This is done by adding a clause to the contract stipulating that the contract is null and void if the trade to the specific team is not completed within 48 hours. To qualify for a sign-and-trade, all of the following must be true:

The player cannot be a restricted free agent who has signed an offer sheet with another team (see question number 43).

BigBlueCrew
07-03-2012, 09:16 AM
He literally said last night "there is absolutely no way Dwight ends up with the nets now" then laughed about it....now all of a sudden he's on Espn saying he doesn't even want to consider Dwight in an Orlando uniform cause that's how confident he is.......

JOKE I TELL YOU.

Well not when he reports that Dwight is being traded to the Nyets :rolleyes:

RLundi
07-03-2012, 09:17 AM

Are you daft?

He's saying Lopez can't be traded after he signs the offer sheet, even if the Nets retain him. So Brooklyn wouldn't be able to include him in a deal for Dwight, at least not right away.

Davidgta1
Still don't get why the Magic would want scraps from the Nets..

Cuz no other team wants Dwight cuz he wont sign with them he's not worth the risk. The magc would rather have bynum or do a trade with the rockets but Dwight is really ****ing the magic over.

bholly
ughh yeah we could still trade him it would just have to be after January I believe.

And you think Orlando are going to wait until then? It likely isn't even the best deal now, they aren't going to wait until January for it. Especially because Orlando would just end up paying him whatever huge amount he signs for now anyway.

For this to happen, Orlando are going to have to be willing to pay as much as anyone else right now, and probably more in order to entice him to go to what isn't a great situation right now.

JDMVP
If Dwight does get traded to Brooklyn he would have single handlely made the ORLANDO MAGIC his biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttccchhhh

He screwed them
and his about to leave them without a good coach and over paid players

If im the magic there is no way im trading this fool to Brooklyn,
Im not saying trade him to LA but what im saying is trade him were in you can actually get a great assests

At this point you gotta make do what u feel is right for u
and taking an overpaid Brook Lopez is not the right offer for u

When u rebuild u wanna get Under the CAP

IM basically saying ORLANDO forget Dwight
Trade him were you actually get good assests

ambisme56
07-03-2012, 09:18 AM

Humphries has to be traded to a third team maybe Houston would want him for Scola.

Also, maybe if Nash signs with Toronto they would trade Calderon for Humpries.

Bobcats- Tyrus Thomas
Wizards- Andre Blatche
Golden State- Andris Biedrins, Richard Jefferson, Dorell Wright
Spurs- Dejwan Blair and Matt Bonner

Magic still have their amnesty they can use on Turk or Duhon or whoever.

waveycrockett
07-03-2012, 09:18 AM
Anyone have a reputable source not Chris Broussard? He's a ****in moron.

WojYahooNBA

justinnum1
07-03-2012, 09:19 AM
Well not when he reports that Dwight is being traded to the Nyets :rolleyes:

Is this your first NBA free agency? things change..

effen5
07-03-2012, 09:20 AM
WojYahooNBA

Thanks....Broussard is a moron and has no idea what hes talking about.

waveycrockett
07-03-2012, 09:21 AM
they would have to wait 1 year to trade him

yeah he'd look like moron when he came back here tho for screwing it up. Regardless he has already said he likes Orlando last season and wouldn't mind being traded there.

Whomewhome
07-03-2012, 09:21 AM
There is a reason we haven't from Dwill apparently he is willing to sign for less if we can pull this off! GO BILLY GO PROKY GO BROOKLYN GO NETS! GO DWILL GO EVERYONE This is better then ****ing Ecstasy

Broussard noted, Nets offer is "not bad." He added that Deron Williams has told the Nets he's willing to sign for less if necessary.

RLundi
07-03-2012, 09:22 AM
I don't get why a franchise - losing a 20 rebound guy - wouldn't want a double double machine at the 4. I guess front offices have their own opinions on guys, but from a statistical stand point, with Lopez out most of last year Humphries threw down. From the Okur blunder to the end of the season, he was putting buckets up and pulling boards down night in and night out.

I understand wanting to unload bad contracts as well, but it doesn't seem feasible given the Nets situation. And based on how much you're already getting? Turn around and trade a package of picks with a bad contract for another good player. First round picks are often valued far higher than they're actually truly worth...and having 3 additional ones just dumped in your lap is nothing to laugh at.

Humphries isn't bad but we already have Big Baby and plan on re-signing Ryan Anderson. We'd have no need or room for the will-be-overpaid Humphries. Plus this offer is bad anyway. The first round picks are USELESS, at best mid-20s each year. If LA is offering either Blake Griffin or Bynum (and that's a huge if) or if Houston or Atlanta want to re-engage, those ogfers would all be better than whatever Brooklyn is offering.

nyKnicks126
Cuz no other team wants Dwight cuz he wont sign with them he's not worth the risk. The magc would rather have bynum or do a trade with the rockets but Dwight is really ****ing the magic over.

No not really.. If the Magic trade Howard to a different team.. then next year the Nets don't have enough to offer Howard a competitive salary as FA.. Teams know this..

marj987
:sigh:

driz
Who the hell in their right mind WOULD trade for him and offer "assets" knowing he's said what he's said about not re-signing with anyone BUT the Nets??? You're going to trade away the future of your franchise to loan Dwight for one season and HOPE the headcase re-signs??

Not likely. Maybe Charlotte would do it. They'll do anything.

waveycrockett
07-03-2012, 09:23 AM
No not really.. If the Magic trade Howard to a different team.. then next year the Nets don't have enough to offer Howard a competitive salary as FA.. Teams know this..

teams aren't doing anything about it. Wonder why

bholly
07-03-2012, 09:24 AM

yeah he'd look like moron when he came back here tho for screwing it up. Regardless he has already said he likes Orlando last season and wouldn't mind being traded there.

He'd be earning a tonne on a team with DWill, JJ, and Gerald Wallace. I don't think he'd mind that much that he'd 'look like a moron'. The fans would be stuck with him and get back to cheering for him pretty quick.

Again, nobody's ruling out him wanting to go to Orlando, just saying they're going to have to entice him, and that price is likely going to be high given the market for bigs right now.

Jetsguy
I dont know if this is possible or what but I will just say that if a player wants to go to a team, and only that team there is pretty much nothing anyone can do about it.

If Howard wants the Nets as we are lead to believe and they want him, it will happen at some point.

nyKnicks126
Well if this goes through I take back what I said about how stupid the Nets organization is.... IF it goes through it's the biggest turn around of a franchise in NBA history..

Yunqn

If the nets arent offering much then how would the magic not be able to get the number 1 pick..moving dwight & clearing cap helps that ..

If the magic want the number 1 pick they should make the trade and start tanking but also developing and clearing cap..

brook lopez ,marshon brooks and green wouldnt help them win enough to fight for anything..ask nj

Nerlens noel anyone ?

nyKnicks126

We will see..

waveycrockett
Who the hell in their right mind WOULD trade for him and offer "assets" knowing he's said what he's said about not re-signing with anyone BUT the Nets??? You're going to trade away the future of your franchise to loan Dwight for one season and HOPE the headcase re-signs??

WOW FINALLlY SOMEONE GETS IT!!!!!!!!!!!

GOLD STAR AND STICKY THIS POST

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::c lap::clap:

jason17
07-03-2012, 09:25 AM
i want dwight to be happy. i actually wanted him to be ufa so he can sign directly to the nets. as for the magic they should already take brook, brooks and hump. thats better than dwight leaving for nothing next year. and better than deandre, bledseo and butler.

Lol you want him to be happy? he lives in orlando Florida and is the biggest star there and also has millions of dollars and is also recognized as this eras shaq. And you want him to be happy lol he doesn't deserve this .

Great player but he should be happy atleast he's been to a couple playoffs.

driz
07-03-2012, 09:25 AM
Humphries isn't bad but we already have Big Baby and plan on re-signing Ryan Anderson. We'd have no need or room for the will-be-overpaid Humphries. Plus this offer is bad anyway. The first round picks are USELESS, at best mid-20s each year. If LA is offering either Blake Griffin or Bynum (and that's a huge if) or if Houston or Atlanta want to re-engage, those ogfers would all be better than whatever Brooklyn is offering.

Big Baby is garbage, IMO. Not as good of a piece as Humphries. And Ryan Anderson came out of his shell last season, but I don't think he repeats that again. The Clippers are never dealing Blake Griffin anywhere. That guy is a marketing machine, and is the face of their budding franchise. The Lakers aren't unloading Bynum at the risk of a 1-year rental.

The picks may not be good in reality once they become players...but as trade value, they're tremendous. You know what caliber of a player you could land for those 3 picks themselves? Or Big Baby and 2 of them?

elledaddy
07-03-2012, 09:26 AM
The magic should pull the trigger on this deal. Landing both Brooks and Lopez alone makes this a better deal then they can get anywhere else considering they would have to start rebuilding. The picks aren't going to be that great obviously but could be addition to future trades i guess.

The nets need to make this deal...Joe Johnson and Deron Williams (assuming he stays) isn't going to win you a ring.

This deal isnt better than getting Horford and Teague from Atlanta

shep33
Yeah, if this goes through the Nets will be pretty good.

Probably the most expensive team ever lol. Proves that the new CBA doesn't mean anything when your team is owned by one of the richest men in the world.

nyKnicks126
Just get this done already.. It's pissing me off.

bholly
07-03-2012, 09:27 AM

Well the story this morning is that the Hawks, Nets, Lakers, Rockets, and Mavs are all talking to Orlando. Three of those teams (Hawks, Rockets, Mavs) have made big moves specifically to try and be able to get him, while one (the Nets) have made moves that have made it almost impossible to get him and said a day or two ago that he'd missed his chance.

So why do you say only one team is doing anything about it? Sounds like at least three teams, and maybe five if you include the Nets and Lakers.

nyKnicks126
Yeah, if this goes through the Nets will be pretty good.

Probably the most expensive team ever lol. Proves that the new CBA doesn't mean anything when your team is owned by one of the richest men in the world.

Well every NBA team still needs to obey the salary cap rules.

waveycrockett
Just get this done already.. It's pissing me off.

I'm sensing a convert!!!

RLundi
Humphries has to be traded to a third team maybe Houston would want him for Scola.

Also, maybe if Nash signs with Toronto they would trade Calderon for Humpries.

Magic still have their amnesty they can use on Turk or Duhon or whoever.

Scola would make no sense, but I like the sound of Calderon. But I don't think Humphries agrees to go to Toronto. All this is moot anyway because any trade involving Lopez or Humphries would have to be done around the trade deadline.

Also, Orlando used the amnesty on Arenas already.

justinnum1
This is great news. Miami will get some good competition in the east next year. As of now it was looking like only boston could beat them. Now maybe boston and the nets. good stuff.

C-Style
07-03-2012, 09:28 AM
Probably just to put pressure on the rest of the league to make better offers

nyKnicks126
07-03-2012, 09:28 AM
I really think that the Russian would give Deron and Dwight money under the table to come to Brooklyn for "less" so it fits..

nyKnicks126
07-03-2012, 09:29 AM
I'm sensing a convert!!!

Never.. Even if someone payed me..

bholly

Nobody has to trade the future of their franchise. They just have to trade more than Lopez, Hump, and some bad picks. That isn't that much at all. And the risk isn't nearly as big as you'd say - the one place he really wants to go would be ruled out, so you'd probably be the favourite to re-sign him.

LongIslandIcedZ
So if Orlando, by chance, moves Dwight to somewhere other than NJ, is he not able to go there as a FA?

waveycrockett
Well the story this morning is that the Hawks, Nets, Lakers, Rockets, and Mavs are all talking to Orlando. Three of those teams (Hawks, Rockets, Mavs) have made big moves specifically to try and be able to get him, while one (the Nets) have made moves that have made it almost impossible to get him and said a day or two ago that he'd missed his chance.

So why do you say only one team is doing anything about it? Sounds like at least three teams, and maybe five if you include the Nets and Lakers.

read

BigBlueCrew

Dude the guy is ********, let it go.

yanksrock
This would suck so bad!!

Yunqn
Shouldnt deron sign for the less..

If the mavs can only offer 75 at max and te nets can offer 100 ..

If deron wouldve thought about the mavs he would be taking less just to play there..

If the dwight stuff goes down or even if it doesnt why doesnt deron sign with the nets at the same max everyother team can give him at 75 and help the nets complete a team ..

Sign jason terry and jason kidd maybe .. And maybe resign okur at min and bring kirilenko ftom russia. And etc..

Could be something special if dwight an deron choose less but still max for others to play together

justinnum1
07-03-2012, 09:30 AM
This deal isnt better than getting Horford and Teague from Atlanta

that atl deal is probably predicated on dwight signing an extension.

bholly
07-03-2012, 09:31 AM
This is great news. Miami will get some good competition in the east next year. As of now it was looking like only boston could beat them. Now maybe boston and the nets. good stuff.

You've tried three times and nobody's biting. Stop trying to make this a conversation about how much competition Miami have. Say it once to make the point, sure, but don't say it three times to try and get others reacting. This is about other teams for now.

bholly
John Hollinger ‏@johnhollinger
This entire Howard-BKN scenario smells more like a threat from Orlando to Houston, LA, Dallas, et al, to get their best offer in stat.

Hoopin&Swoopin

Please get off your pedestal.

BigBlueCrew
07-03-2012, 09:32 AM

Is this your first NBA free agency? things cant change?

nyKnicks126
Dude the guy is ********, let it go.

Yeah. I think so too.

LongIslandIcedZ

But f Dwight is traded to a different team, then going to Brooklyn in the offseaosn is off the table. It makes the risk of trading for Dwight much less risky.

RLundi

Oh boy, Homer Alert.

If Dwight gets traded to a team other than the Nets, where is he gonna go in free agency next year? Is he gonna sit out forever until the Nets have cap space? No. He's gonna acquiesce and deal with the next best option. That could be the Lakers, Bulls, Rockets, Hawks, Mavs, who knows? But at that point, his leverage is SHOT and he'd HAVE to sign with someone other than the Nets.

Take off your homer glasses and see that.

Kenny
So if Orlando, by chance, moves Dwight to somewhere other than NJ, is he not able to go there as a FA?

No they wouldn't have any money. Thats why this is idiotic. Especially when yesterday it was reported they didn't like the Nets offer, Those picks are garbage too since they will all be late picks which you could buy from a team

bholly
read

read

Nobody has to trade the future of their franchise. They just have to trade more than Lopez, Hump, and some bad picks. That isn't that much at all. And the risk isn't nearly as big as you'd say - the one place he really wants to go would be ruled out, so you'd probably be the favourite to re-sign him.

Seriously, you aren't going to get this to happen by being delusional on here or trying to convince people or whatever. Just try to be objective and have an honest conversation, stop just looking for the arguments that support what you want.

shep33
07-03-2012, 09:34 AM
Well every NBA team still needs to obey the salary cap rules.

True, but I mean the luxury super-tax is about to hit the NBA. When they've acquired Dwight by trade, they'll still be able to sign people for the vets min.

Point is, Proky doesn't care.

HaruSoul
But f Dwight is traded to a different team, then going to Brooklyn in the offseaosn is off the table. It makes the risk of trading for Dwight much less risky.

:confused:, I'm sure the reason for this is posted in this thread somewhere. But I will admit that I am to lazy to search through 10 pages to find it. Can you give me a summary or a link to which post explains why he can't get traded?

waveycrockett

With Dwight promising to his free agency a team is going to give better than that? :facepalm:

Give me an example.

Theyhateme459
07-03-2012, 09:35 AM

We are just starting a rebuild process, I don't understand why Charlotte is always the joke around here... it's not like we have been making crazy moves the past year.

justinnum1
07-03-2012, 09:36 AM
hollinger
This entire Howard-BKN scenario smells more like a threat from Orlando to Houston, LA, Dallas, et al, to get their best offer in stat.

very possible

Whomewhome
How about Russian Rubles? They are worth a lot these days especially in Brooklyn

RLundi
Big Baby is garbage, IMO. Not as good of a piece as Humphries. And Ryan Anderson came out of his shell last season, but I don't think he repeats that again. The Clippers are never dealing Blake Griffin anywhere. That guy is a marketing machine, and is the face of their budding franchise. The Lakers aren't unloading Bynum at the risk of a 1-year rental.

The picks may not be good in reality once they become players...but as trade value, they're tremendous. You know what caliber of a player you could land for those 3 picks themselves? Or Big Baby and 2 of them?

You don't think Anderson repeats that based on what? Regardless of your take on Humphries, who's solid but very unspectacular, he nor Lopez can't be traded until during the season anyway, so this is all pointless.

And by the way, late first rounders are not worth much in NBA circles. That's why theyre thrown around so often. Ask the Lakers and Mavericks how valuable their picks are. They typically yield nothing unless we're talking about the Spurs.

waveycrockett
07-03-2012, 09:38 AM
hollinger

very possible

Hollinger is a professed Hawks homer, he has no inside info. He wants CP3 and Dwight in ATL.

ambisme56
I really think that the Russian would give Deron and Dwight money under the table to come to Brooklyn for "less" so it fits..

Can Proky put D-will and Dwight on his Metal Company's payroll in Russia and label them as "US embassadors" or something?

JOhnnyTHaJet
I...I don't even know how this is possible. But if somehow this goes down, ill be the happiest fan in the world.

waveycrockett
07-03-2012, 09:39 AM
How about Russian Rubles? They are worth a lot these days especially in Brooklyn

Or cocaine!

bholly
With Dwight promising to his free agency a team is going to give better than that? :facepalm:

Give me an example.

I gave a couple in another thread just before:

Houston were very widely reported to be willing to take a rental, and that was before the Nets ruled themselves out of signing him as a FA, so I think they'd still be keen.

Between Lowry, Martin (and his expiring), Scola, young guys like Patterson and Morris, all this year's draft picks (Lamb, White, Jones), rights to Motiejunas, and enough cap room to take back Hedo - I'm pretty sure they have the assets to put together a better package than the Nets if they wanted to.

Atlanta, too, with Teague and either Horford or Smith, and they especially would like their chance of keeping him given it's his home town.

Add a Dragic S+T to Houston. Also add teams like the Lakers and Bulls (Bynum or some package around Noah and Deng) that would be pretty confident of keeping him once Brooklyn are ruled out.
Also Dallas, who were his #1 a couple of days ago when Brooklyn seemed off the table - you don't think they'd be confident of keeping him?

LongIslandIcedZ
:confused:, I'm sure the reason for this is posted in this thread somewhere. But I will admit that I am to lazy to search through 10 pages to find it. Can you give me a summary or a link to which post explains why he can't get traded?

As I understand it, NJ can sign and trade for Dwight, although its very very slim chances. However, Dwight cannot sign there in the offseason as a free agent, because of financial reasons.

driz
Nobody has to trade the future of their franchise. They just have to trade more than Lopez, Hump, and some bad picks. That isn't that much at all.

I fear with Lopez being injured most of last year, guys have forgotten who or what he is. And apparently guys who average double-doubles just aren't squat anymore?? Humphries averaged 13.8 and 11, plus over a block per game. You tell me what team is putting together a better package without trading away their franchise??? ESPECIALLY with including THREE first round picks? Which - it's fine that you consider them garbage - but NBA GMs think a little differently.

Jroz
Laker Fans..get over to headquarters, make the FO trade Gasol for young pieces and picks, combine a few of those pieces and Bynum and take Howard already..come on!!

shep33
07-03-2012, 09:40 AM
I'm just mean, but I wouldn't trade him to where he wants to go lol.

HaruSoul
07-03-2012, 09:40 AM
As I understand it, NJ can sign and trade for Dwight, although its very very slim chances. However, Dwight cannot sign there in the offseason as a free agent, because of financial reasons.

He can't just go there for cheap? Or I could also see the Nets trading some players for a high draft pick or 2 to get some cheaper talent on the team.

bholly
07-03-2012, 09:42 AM
Nobody has to trade the future of their franchise. They just have to trade more than Lopez, Hump, and some bad picks. That isn't that much at all.

I fear with Lopez being injured most of last year, guys have forgotten who or what he is. And apparently guys who average double-doubles just aren't squat anymore?? Humphries averaged 13.8 and 11, plus over a block per game. You tell me what team is putting together a better package without trading away their franchise??? ESPECIALLY with including THREE first round picks? Which - it's fine that you consider them garbage - but NBA GMs think a little differently.

NBA GM's don't like late first round picks much either. They prefer early 2nds.

waveycrockett
I gave a couple in another thread just before:

Add a Dragic S+T to Houston. Also add teams like the Lakers and Bulls (Bynum or some package around Noah and Deng) that would be pretty confident of keeping him once Brooklyn are ruled out.
Also Dallas, who were his #1 a couple of days ago when Brooklyn seemed off the table - you don't think they'd be confident of keeping him?

Wow HOU is going to give up all that to see Dwight walk next summer. Daryl Morey will be hitting an unemployment line near you.

Deng by himself is not better than Nets deal.

Lakers aint giving up Bynum without a commitment he stays....which he wont give

Dallas has garbage. Maybe Orlando is interested in bringing VC back lol.

bholly
There isn't great enthusiasm within Magic that the Nets have the ability to make the most appealing offer for Dwight Howard, sources tell Y!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
Cool story man.. Maybe he would **** on the Lakers too, quit trolling.

:confused:

They would be as good as Miami

Theyhateme459
07-03-2012, 09:43 AM

Is still pretty risky regardless. Even if he can not go to the nets, if he does not agree to an extension he will still more than likely go into next season as a FA and go to the place he wants (minus the Nets) so that team can still lose him.

If he knows the only way he can get to Brooklyn now is via trade, he may even have some negative feelings towards the team that trades for him and ruins his chances. Is just A LOT of risk to give up assets for, especially the way Dwight has been lately.

shep33
Laker Fans..get over to headquarters, make the FO trade Gasol for young pieces and picks, combine a few of those pieces and Bynum and take Howard already..come on!!

Laker fan here. Honestly I don't want Howard on the Lakers. I'm fine with Bynum, Howard has gone from one of my favorite players to my most hated ever.

jmoney85
im baffled that the magic think they should get something significant for dwight howard.... that ship has sailed a long time ago... you're not gonna get good value for a headcase that has made up his mind on where he will sign an extension

*Superman*
This is like a Plan C at best, the whole "talks" is just for more leverage.

KnicksPain
Hollinger is a professed Hawks homer, he has no inside info. He wants CP3 and Dwight in ATL.

He has a favorite team? I seriously thought he just teams and hoped only bad things happened all the time lol. I should make a twitter and spam him with Hawk hate for no reason :p

black1605
So far, this is true: Orlando hasn't seen an offer from any team that it believes is enough to seriously consider trading Howard now.

Not surprised.

RLundi
Wow HOU is going to give up all that to see Dwight walk next summer. Daryl Morey will be hitting an unemployment line near you.

If Dwight walks, where is he gonna go?

BigBlueCrew
07-03-2012, 09:44 AM

haha, yeah im sure he is.

Im sure Ive heard that idiotic statement before

nyKnicks126

Good! The new GM of the Magic won't bite on his first trade.. especially one with the Nets. It would look pretty bad..

I know there are teams out there that have MUCH better offers.

D12 fan
If this goes through im smelling a Brooklyn vs Miami ECF for the next 5yrs.

Dwill
Joe
Wallace
Kirlenko
Dwight

Thats almost a allstar team.

driz
Some other franchise is going to trade away the majority of their talent, and find themselves with a 7-foot tall back ache for most of the season.

This guy is the worst of the worst, and I don't put it past him to pout his way through a trumped up injury season.

Hoopin&Swoopin
07-03-2012, 09:45 AM
:confused:

They would be as good as Miami

So phrase it that way then...

waveycrockett
07-03-2012, 09:45 AM
If Dwight walks, where is he gonna go?

If Dwight walks, what you gunna get?

nyKnicks126
07-03-2012, 09:46 AM
I remember Adrian Wojnarowski also said Melo to the Nets is a done deal..

RLundi
im baffled that the magic think they should get something significant for dwight howard.... that ship has sailed a long time ago... you're not gonna get good value for a headcase that has made up his mind on where he will sign an extension

Spoken like a true homer.

Where will Howard sign next year then? Right now, he has no leverage to say he'll only sign with one team because he can't do so with the Nets. What's he gonna do, sit out until Brooklyn gets cap space?

nyKnicks126
So phrase it that way then...

Exactly

ATX
How could Orlando trade Howard to Brooklyn for that garbage when Houston has a much better offer out there. Besides wouldn't they prefer to trade him out of the East?

bholly

1) Houston wouldn't be giving up all that, they'd just need to package a few of those assets for it to be better than the Brooklyn deal, and they wouldn't be doing it just for him to walk - they'd be expecting they could convince him to stay. It's widely known they're willing to do a rental.

2) I didn't say anything about Deng by himself. Not sure why you made that comment.

3) Again, I think teams like LAL would be newly confident that they could keep him. Where would they be afraid of him running off to? Seriously, tell me. If the Lakers traded Bynum for him, where do you think he'd sign in the offseason? You just said Dallas have nothing. Who else does he like more than the Lakers?

HaruSoul
07-03-2012, 09:47 AM
I remember Adrian Wojnarowski also said Melo to the Nets is a done deal..

So what you're saying is Dwight to the Knicks? :D

nyKnicks126
07-03-2012, 09:48 AM
So what you're saying is Dwight to the Knicks? :D

No..... Just saying that Adrian Wojnarowski isn't right half the time.. Plus he hates the Knicks. and it has been proven in his articles.

yanksrock
07-03-2012, 09:49 AM
Well insults aside, perhaps I mispoke, or you misinterpretted. I meant Orlando sitting down Dwight this year and tanking. Obviously NJ isnt going to tank for a good draft pick.

Probably misinteretted

jmoney85
07-03-2012, 09:50 AM
Spoken like a true homer.

Where will Howard sign next year then? Right now, he has no leverage to say he'll only sign with one team because he can't do so with the Nets. What's he gonna do, sit out until Brooklyn gets cap space?

the nets would be able to get cap space in a heart beat

*Superman*

I'd take a #1 pick over paying for the contracts of Lopez and Humphries.

shep33
1) Houston wouldn't be giving up all that, they'd just need to package a few of those assets for it to be better than the Brooklyn deal, and they wouldn't be doing it just for him to walk - they'd be expecting they could convince him to stay. It's widely known they're willing to do a rental.

2) I didn't say anything about Deng by himself. Not sure why you made that comment.

3) Again, I think teams like LAL would be newly confident that they could keep him. Where would they be afraid of him running off to? Seriously, tell me. If the Lakers traded Bynum for him, where do you think he'd sign in the offseason? You just said Dallas have nothing. Who else does he like more than the Lakers?

I don't think he enjoys being in Shaq's shadow though. Also, Atlanta becomes a legit option. Cap room, a good draft pick, Josh Smith. Possibility of getting Cp3 and Dwight together. More than anything I just don't trust Howard. He's absolutely bonkers upstairs.

HaruSoul
No..... Just saying that Adrian Wojnarowski isn't right half the time.. Plus he hates the Knicks. and it has been proven in his articles.

I was kidding :facepalm:

BigBlueCrew
07-03-2012, 09:51 AM

Id pay for Hump if Kim K came in the deal :clap:

*Superman*
07-03-2012, 09:52 AM

He is going to say anything to make it seem like destiny brought BK and Dwight together, don't sweat it.

waveycrockett

3) Again, I think teams like LAL would be newly confident that they could keep him. Where would they be afraid of him running off to? Seriously, tell me. If the Lakers traded Bynum for him, where do you think he'd sign in the offseason?

1)He's not committing to the Lakers and Lakers wont deal Bynum without an extension from Dwight. Nix them off the list.

2)Bulls aren't dealing Deng or Noah for Dwight without an extension for Dwight. Nix them off the list

3) Rockets would be pretty much wasting picks and young players cause Dwight def not staying there. And he will bring his circus there.

driz
Remember when the Nets were trying to sell Lebron on Brooklyn? They had a team of financial analysts prove to him that a move to the biggest market in the world would turn him into a billionaire by the time his contract was done.

Who's to say he doesn't sign in Brooklyn for less on his contract, being sold that by being in that market his money will still come? Just a thought.

cheddar08
Most likely leverage for other teams, Dwight really screwed his trade value by saying he won't sign an extension outside of Brooklyn. The Magic need some type of leverage in trade talks and this gives them a little.

*Superman*
07-03-2012, 09:53 AM

Well, now that you mentioned it...Rob better be working those phone lines.
;)

waveycrockett
07-03-2012, 09:53 AM

Yeah cause that worked so well for the bobcats

RLundi
07-03-2012, 09:54 AM

Jeez, it's such a chore to have a simple, non-hostile conversation with you.

It isn't about the Magic. If Dwight doesn't get traded to the Nets, he has to settle for another team. He can't play the 'I'll only sign with the Nets card' anymore because he literally will be out of that option. No teams on his list wull have cap space so he'll have to settle for probably whoever trades for him. If LAL or Atlanta or Chicago trades for him, he will sign an extension with them because he has nowhere else to go, besides Charlotte.

Do you understand that?

driz
07-03-2012, 09:55 AM

Poor Charlotte fans.

koreancabbage
07-03-2012, 09:55 AM
i would just let him walk or trade him for one piece from a team in the West, why double-screw yourself in this situation.

You actually don't screw yourself if you don't trade him to NJ cuz I think Orlando has already made up its mind in rebuilding after this fiasco.

here's my take LOL
TRADE HIM FOR PAU GASOL and 1st's. Gasol > Lopez

nyKnicks126
07-03-2012, 09:56 AM
I was kidding :facepalm:

I don't know, you are a Nets fan so.. You never know.. :facepalm:

waveycrockett
He can't play the 'I'll only sign with the Nets card' anymore because he literally will be out of that option. No teams on his list wull have cap space so he'll have to settle for probably whoever trades for him. If LAL or Atlanta or Chicago trades for him, he will sign an extension with them because he has nowhere else to go, besides Charlotte.

Do you understand that?

Whose to say Nets dont get $14 Million under the cap and he takes a pay cut?

He wants to get to Brooklyn like a druggy to a crack house. Understand that?

oak2455

She's hot but man does she get around:0

RLundi
07-03-2012, 09:57 AM
the nets would be able to get cap space in a heart beat

When did you start following the NBA? This summer? You have no clue how a salary cap works, either that or you lack common sense.

With Wallace, D-Will and JJ, the Nets are gonna be capped out for YEARS.

Being a homer is bad in itself, but there's nothing worse thsn being a clueless homer.

koreancabbage
Remember when the Nets were trying to sell Lebron on Brooklyn? They had a team of financial analysts prove to him that a move to the biggest market in the world would turn him into a billionaire by the time his contract was done.

Who's to say he doesn't sign in Brooklyn for less on his contract, being sold that by being in that market his money will still come? Just a thought.

tell that to Melo and Stoudemire then.

it isn't happening. Lets be honest- if he is acting like this to begin with, what makes you say he doesn't want it HIS way and you know he'll start *****ing again, this time for money.

*Superman*

I'd love to see the team with a 2% chance get the #1 again.

oak2455
07-03-2012, 09:58 AM

He can't handle the Disney media Imagine NY??!:speechless:

jmoney85
07-03-2012, 09:59 AM
When did you start following the NBA? This summer? You have no clue how a salary cap works, either that or you lack common sense.

Being a homer is bad in itself, but there's nothing worse thsn being a clueless homer.

you obviously dont know billy king lol...

he can trade brook lopez for picks and use those picks to send geforce or JJ's contract away

D12 fan
07-03-2012, 10:00 AM
Knicks fans are praying this deal doesn't happen lmao.

bholly
[/B]

I don't think he enjoys being in Shaq's shadow though. Also, Atlanta becomes a legit option. Cap room, a good draft pick, Josh Smith. Possibility of getting Cp3 and Dwight together. More than anything I just don't trust Howard. He's absolutely bonkers upstairs.

Yeah, but I dunno. I think we sort of care more about those things than the players do. When he's in the bright lights of LA, and playing with Kobe and Pau and whatever, I think he forgets all about that and just enjoys it.

He is going to say anything to make it seem like destiny brought BK and Dwight together, don't sweat it.

I know, but it's funny.

1)He's not committing to the Lakers and Lakers wont deal Bynum without an extension from Dwight. Nix them off the list.

2)Bulls aren't dealing Deng or Noah for Dwight without an extension for Dwight. Nix them off the list

3) Rockets would be pretty much wasting picks and young players cause Dwight def not staying there. And he will bring his circus there.

It's confusing when you change the numbers of the questions, but I'll go with your new numbers.

1+2) You keep saying saying that as if it means something. How do you know where he'd extend? All it takes is for the Magic to say 'we aren't trading you to Brooklyn, they haven't got enough' and we'll find out pretty quick where else he'd extend. It's totally possible LAL and/or Chicago would be high on that list - we've already heard both before, and both have been interested and are top teams. Makes perfect sense. He gets more money for getting traded and extending or re-signing than for walking in FA. Once he knows the Brooklyn dream is gone, he isn't going to refuse an extend+trade to his next few choices and end up somewhere worse just because he's sad about it.

3) So? It's been said again and again that Houston are willing to take the gamble. It doesn't matter if you think they'd end up losing it. They're widely reported to be willing to take it, and that's all it takes.

waveycrockett

Since you know so much please tell us the cap hit of those 3 next season AND what the salary cap will be set at.

Oldmantrash
07-03-2012, 10:01 AM
Yeah but then they couldn't trade him. The point is that if he gets a big offer somewhere, he's going to sign it, and either end up playing there or Brooklyn. Why would he choose to go to Orlando instead of that unless they're offering him the same amount? Maybe they will offer him as much, sure, but we'll have to see.

Two reasons

He's great friends with Ryan Anderson, and he's a Disney nut.

I don't think Lopez is the issue, it's if Orlando wants to do it.
I have my doubts,

I personally think Lopez is a good player, and would heve no problem going into next year with him as our starting center.

koreancabbage

he can trade brook lopez for picks and use those picks to send geforce or JJ's contract away

NOT HAPPENING with this new salary cap. noone wants JJ or Wallace

HaruSoul
I don't know, you are a Nets fan so.. You never know.. :facepalm:

I'm actually a Knicks fan, I want the Nets to be competitive though.

RLundi

I expected that line of thinking from jmoney, but not you. Up to this point, I had you pegged as a lowly homer, but I still respected you as knowledgeable but you've proved the complete opposite with this post.

You honestly don't understand the Nets will be capped out for years and won't have any money to sign free agents until JJ's deal expires? Do you not know their financial situation? JJ + D-Will + Wallace + Lopez means the Nets won't be free agency players in a while.

I'm shocked you don't understand that.

bholly
07-03-2012, 10:03 AM

Everyone with a calculator.

Seriously, the odds of that happening are so low, you really think teams are going to not trade for him because of fear of a one in a million shot?

29$JerZ

Do you know anything about CAP?
Joe J is almost $20 million alone.
Crash will be $10 Million.
Deron will recieved a max contract.
You still have Brooks who will cost 1 million.
I've heard NJ wants to keep Gerald Green. That's more money.
The rest of the rosters accounts for Cap holds per spot.
Did you forget about Humphries needing an extension as well as Brook who will likely receive a 10 million per year deal?
Unless Deron and Dwight both take a huge cut Dwight to nj is not happening.

NBA-GMaster
Hmmm.. salary cap failed.. but WTH the owner can pay millions in their luxury tax..
S&T Lopez ($12M) & Humphries ($9M) and Brooks plus 4 1st rd picks (2013,2014 ,2016 and 2017) for Howard and Duhon

waveycrockett
07-03-2012, 10:04 AM
1+2) You keep saying saying that as if it means something. How do you know where he'd extend? All it takes is for the Magic to say 'we aren't trading you to Brooklyn, they haven't got enough' and we'll find out pretty quick where else he'd extend. It's totally possible LAL and/or Chicago would be high on that list - we've already heard both before, and both have been interested and are top teams. Makes perfect sense. He gets more money for getting traded and extending or re-signing than for walking in FA. Once he knows the Brooklyn dream is gone, he isn't going to refuse an extend+trade to his next few choices and end up somewhere worse just because he's sad about it.

His own words, his own words. He will only extend with 1 team said Dwight Howard, anyone else he will hit free agency. Lakers and Bulls wont trade those pieces without a commitment.

If HOU wants to gave away pieces to the ORL charity when Dwight dips, get embarrassed like Orlando in the process they could do that.

jmoney85
07-03-2012, 10:04 AM

you ever hear of trading assets for salary relief?

oak2455
07-03-2012, 10:05 AM
Did you forget about Humphries needing an extension as well as Brook who will likely receive a 10 million per year deal?

But but but Espn said it would :facepalm:

Chill_Will_24
This makes no sense, you can't trade RFA without there permission and can't trade back to back 1st rd picks, Wtf is this? And those picks with be pick #25 & up.NO VALUE. This cannot be true. If so I'm done with Orlando

:laugh2:

waveycrockett
wong, back loaded deal.

Derons MAX will be at 17.5 and whose to say he doesn't take less?

Salary cap will go up.

Lopez, Brools and Gerald Green easily could be dealt for expirings.

koreancabbage
07-03-2012, 10:06 AM
you ever hear of trading assets for salary relief?

not happening in Brooklyn's case- noone is taking firsts for big contracts now with 1st rounders. esp with the salary cap hit on any team that goes over the cap.

GiantsSwaGG
07-03-2012, 10:07 AM
wong, back loaded deal.

Derons MAX will be at 17.5 and whose to say he doesn't take less?

Salary cap will go up.

Lopez, Brools and Gerald Green easily could be dealt for expirings.

Ahhhh don't you realize you have to take Turk contract back!

RLundi
07-03-2012, 10:07 AM

Unbelievable.

You just started following the NBA yesterday. That has to be the only rationale I can conceive.

bholly
07-03-2012, 10:08 AM
His own words, his own words. He will only extend with 1 team said Dwight Howard, anyone else he will hit free agency. Lakers and Bulls wont trade those pieces without a commitment.

If HOU wants to gave away pieces to the ORL charity when Dwight dips, get embarrassed like Orlando in the process they could do that.

Of course he says that - it's his #1 choice and he's trying to force his way there. I think we've learned by know his word isn't exactly solid.
You really can't believe that he'd stick to that even after the Brooklyn dream dies. If he gets the choice between being traded to some team like Houston that you claim he hates, or going to a top team like Chicago and extending - you really think he's going to refuse Chicago and end up in Houston just because he is upset about the Brooklyn dream dying? Do you honestly believe that?

*Superman*
Since you know so much please tell us the cap hit of those 3 next season AND what the salary cap will be set at.

Back to the Nets and why they are out for Howard in straight-up free agency next summer: If Williams signs a max contract, they will have $50 million on the books for 2013-14 to just three players, Williams, Wallace and Johnson. Once they fill the roster, they will be over the cap, which is expected to land around $60 million or $61 million for 2013-14. That means Brooklyn will have no space to sign Howard (or Andrew Bynum, or any star player) in free agency..

oak2455
Ahhhh don't you realize you have to take Turk contract back!

Wait til the smoke clears....... JJ says hiiii