PDA

View Full Version : The Demise of The Bulls Dynasty. Some Unknown (to younger generation) Details.

naps
07-03-2012, 04:53 AM
Take a look at this very interesting tape. Worth watching if you are a fan of the history of the game. Most people probably know the primary reason(s) but this tape contains some interesting details.

LINK (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpNIbxj9mH4).

naps
07-03-2012, 04:57 AM
Jerry Krause got most of the blame as he should but I think the real villain was the owner Jerry Reinsdorf. He could have stepped in and easily saved that team for few more years. Instead he dismantled the Bulls dynasty.

JordansBulls
07-03-2012, 08:17 AM
Yeah I have this video saved. Even the part where it mentions that we were going after Mcgrady.:)

StarvingKnick22
07-03-2012, 08:23 AM
thx. it explains much

ThunderousDemon
07-03-2012, 08:33 AM
Thanks for the video Naps.

BKLYNpigeon
07-03-2012, 08:34 AM
who cares.

the Bulls are already considered one of the best teams in the history of the NBA. move on.

ThunderousDemon
07-03-2012, 08:38 AM
who cares.

the Bulls are already considered one of the best teams in the history of the NBA. move on.

You see those people above you^. They care.

GrumpyOldMan
07-03-2012, 08:50 AM
Thanks for posting this. I really enjoyed watching it. I knew a bit of this, but learned a lot from it.

valade16
07-03-2012, 09:42 AM
You see those people above you^. They care.

:laugh:

But seriously, doesn't it seem like the absolute best of everything always has a tragic ending where they end before their time?

MJ Bulls dynasty
Shaq/Kobe Lakers
Magic/Bird/Thomas all getting injured/sick and retiring before our time.

Even outside the NBA - Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Guns N' Roses, Garth Brooks...

Wierd...

StinkEye
07-03-2012, 10:01 AM
I read The Jordan Rules. It made it seem like MJ was one pain in the *** for any GM. He had his hands on some of the deals that the Bulls made in those days. This seems a little unfair to Krause.

MrlooktheFup
07-03-2012, 10:29 AM
Wow great upload...couldnt help but laugh on the stories of jordan yelling from the back of the bus..

mRc08
07-03-2012, 11:50 AM
Good video not much new info for me.

The most interesting part was what KG stated about wanting to play in chicago, and how he could see how T-Mac wouldn't want to come if thats how they treated the best player in the game. It makes me wonder if that stereotype still exists (see lebron and 2 summers ago)? Do players still think that Bulls management is selfish, unloyal, egotistical, etc.?

Hellcrooner
07-03-2012, 12:02 PM
Michael Jeffrey had a good part of blame in bulss demise too when he threatened to leave if Pip was traded ( for younger stars).
But the main person to blame was Reinsdorf.

Chronz
07-03-2012, 12:10 PM
KG and Tmac knew what was up

Michael Jeffrey had a good part of blame in bulss demise too when he threatened to leave if Pip was traded ( for younger stars).
But the main person to blame was Reinsdorf.

Him threatening to leave didnt play a role in their demise, in fact that made their team better.

What I dont get is why wouldnt he just sign with Houston like Pippen or go to NY.

lilchuckdoubles
07-03-2012, 12:38 PM
I was young back then but I think it was in like 96 or 97 or something like that the bulls had a trade on the table with the celtics I think involving pippen, but it fell apart because mj threatened retirement.

I could be wrong about this but if my memory is right then who were the players the bulls would have been getting back for pippen?

Hellcrooner
07-03-2012, 12:44 PM
I was young back then but I think it was in like 96 or 97 or something like that the bulls had a trade on the table with the celtics I think involving pippen, but it fell apart because mj threatened retirement.

I could be wrong about this but if my memory is right then who were the players the bulls would have been getting back for pippen?

Sonics, they were taking back Shawn kemp.

lilchuckdoubles
07-03-2012, 12:46 PM
oooo I knew it was a green team lol.

JasonJohnHorn
07-03-2012, 01:15 PM
It's kind of sad the way things ended. I mean, that team just fell apart. If Jackson had stayed, they would have been together for another run. Management did not handle things as well as they could have, but this bit leaves a lot of stuff out. for example, the year the Bulls drafted Pippen and Grant, Jordan had apparently requested that they draft Joe Wolf instead (his former teammate at NC). Had they listened to Jordan on draft day, they may have never won a title.

Here's a clip of Jordan on Letterman where he says that season he was injured the Bulls didn't want him to play so they could get a high draft pick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7vxRSn_qqc

Hellcrooner
07-03-2012, 01:26 PM
It's kind of sad the way things ended. I mean, that team just fell apart. If Jackson had stayed, they would have been together for another run. Management did not handle things as well as they could have, but this bit leaves a lot of stuff out. for example, the year the Bulls drafted Pippen and Grant, Jordan had apparently requested that they draft Joe Wolf instead (his former teammate at NC). Had they listened to Jordan on draft day, they may have never won a title.

Here's a clip of Jordan on Letterman where he says that season he was injured the Bulls didn't want him to play so they could get a high draft pick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7vxRSn_qqc

Regarding Grant, Jordan was absolutely upset they traded his friend Oakley.
He hated that and always had it present, had they not won the first rings he would have flew as soon as he had been a FA because of it.

Me and Mr. T
07-03-2012, 01:42 PM
Grew up watching Michael at NC and instantly became a die hard Bulls fan because of it. Those years bring back a ton of great memories for me. A part of me is sad because I'd love to have had at least one more year of that team together. The other side of me knows that there is no better feeling than going out on top. Could they have won at least one more title? I think so, but unfortunately we'll never know. They will always be one of the greatest teams that ever played and I was lucky enough to see them in person a couple of times.

naps
07-03-2012, 01:50 PM
who cares.

A lot of people including yourself.

Heatcheck
07-03-2012, 03:35 PM
who cares.

I think the thread adds variety to the site, just because we cant bicker over it, doesnt make it irrelevant.