PDA

View Full Version : Peter Vescey: Rob Hennigan screwed the Magic

waveycrockett
07-03-2012, 01:41 AM
Peter Vescey

RH is Rob Hennigan

Firing people: Easy. Trading DH: Clueless. Told Nets today he would not deal with them. Now asking, say sources, if something can be done?

Apparently RH thought Nets were bluffing about re other trades--acquiring JJ--which ate up most assets. Found out options aren't plural.

This is why u hire experience exec. You'd think Magic would've learned lesson when they hired GST community relations dope Otis Smith as GM

What happens now if Lakers don't want to deal Bynum? Even if they do, Magic remains vulnerable, in possession of rising FA center.

No way Magic takes contacts Rockets are trying to pawn off on them. Mavs trying to get Howard, too. No assets either.
Scola (30M for three), Martin (12.4 next season), Lowry (5.7M for two)...Magic must take at least two of these for deal to work

https://twitter.com/#!/petervecsey1
Teams are going to be low balling the hell out of them now.

fadedmario
07-03-2012, 01:42 AM
Yawn. Another Nets thread. Yay.

shep33
07-03-2012, 01:45 AM
Vescey is terrible. He just comes up with **** all the time. Just his own personal opinion with nothing ever to back it up.

waveycrockett
07-03-2012, 01:46 AM

Whats your team up to this offseason?

BallIsAll
07-03-2012, 01:55 AM
Vescey is terrible. He just comes up with **** all the time. Just his own personal opinion with nothing ever to back it up.

He threw numbers out there. He won't get good offers. The only offer could be Bynum if the lakers want to. The nets could have gave them brooks Lopez a first and more but he was being an idiot. Bluffing could backfire and it did.

fadedmario
07-03-2012, 01:58 AM

Being smart considering we have 30 million in 2013 to spend and one of the best young cores in the league.

I'm completely fine with where my team is at. I guess if mediocre is what you're shooting for - so be it.

There's a reason only a few different teams actually win NBA titles. Get it..

shep33
07-03-2012, 01:59 AM
No way Magic takes contacts Rockets are trying to pawn off on them. Mavs trying to get Howard, too. No assets either.
Scola (30M for three), Martin (12.4 next season), Lowry (5.7M for two)...Magic must take at least two of these for deal to work

He's making it sound as if Martin and Lowry have bad deals. Martin is an expiring, Lowry has a contract that NBA GM's love right now, the guy is an above average pg in my opinion.

MagicBucsSox
07-03-2012, 01:59 AM
He threw numbers out there. He won't get good offers. The only offer could be Bynum if the lakers want to. The nets could have gave them brooks Lopez a first and more but he was being an idiot. Bluffing could backfire and it did.

Lmaoooooooooooooo please say it again

Phenomenonsense
07-03-2012, 02:01 AM

We got to draft a player. That was pretty cool.

fadedmario
07-03-2012, 02:04 AM
I can't wait to see the day when there is actually Bucks, Bobcats, Wizards, Grizzlies, Raptors, Timberwolves, Cavs, Pacers, Jazz, Suns, and Kings threads in the NBA forum instead of 38 threads about the Lakers/Knicks/Nets/Heat.

blastmasta26
07-03-2012, 02:05 AM
lol

MagicBucsSox
07-03-2012, 02:05 AM
The funny thing. With nets fans is they're acting like they have a good offer and as soooooooon as a dumb trade to bk for Dwight happens they're gonna laugh at Orlando saying they raped us which they would. Gtfoh that be my last day as a magic fan.

blastmasta26
07-03-2012, 02:06 AM
I can't wait to see the day when there is actually Bucks, Bobcats, Wizards, Grizzlies, Raptors, Timberwolves, Cavs, Pacers, Jazz, Suns, and Kings threads in the NBA forum instead of 38 threads about the Lakers/Knicks/Nets/Heat.
What can you do man, big markets will tend to have larger fan bases. Thus, more attention.

setman2000
07-03-2012, 02:06 AM

Yeah! Only the Heat and Knicks can have multiple threads, that's all we really care about.

waveycrockett
07-03-2012, 02:07 AM

Been there, done that, got the shirt, burned it

waveycrockett
07-03-2012, 02:08 AM
Being smart considering we have 30 million in 2013 to spend

I'm sure you will guys will get a difference maker with it.......:rolleyes:

JesusWears24
07-03-2012, 02:08 AM

Thats not going to happen cause all those teams suck! And yes the grizzlies suck:facepalm:

fadedmario
07-03-2012, 02:11 AM
I'm sure you will guys will get a difference maker with it.......:rolleyes:

This post just shows your true ignorance.

I really shouldn't have to explain this but - Luxury tax is about to get a whole lot worse. Teams will be dumping players - FA isn't the only way genius.

Also, lol that you take a cheap shot at a 3-time Champion and the Nets have never done a thing but remain mediocre and a joke of a franchise.

waveycrockett
07-03-2012, 02:13 AM
Luxury tax is about to get a whole lot worse. Teams will be dumping players - FA isn't the only way genius.
http://www.mfk-bank.ru/r/1E97E5F1-B7F3-4DD9-8DDF-A8C472FD8668/prokhorov.jpg

*yawn*

xxplayerxx23
07-03-2012, 02:13 AM
lol @ the OP. Why start this? You act like Magic arent going to get a good offer

GiantsSwaGG
07-03-2012, 02:16 AM

Lol

310Casper
07-03-2012, 02:17 AM

Detroit. Boring.

GiantsSwaGG
07-03-2012, 02:17 AM
This post just shows your true ignorance.

I really shouldn't have to explain this but - Luxury tax is about to get a whole lot worse. Teams will be dumping players - FA isn't the only way genius.

Also, lol that you take a cheap shot at a 3-time Champion and the Nets have never done a thing but remain mediocre and a joke of a franchise.

:laugh:

DragonJaii
07-03-2012, 02:20 AM
So net fans are talking trash now after they signed joe johnson?

GiantsSwaGG
07-03-2012, 02:21 AM

The Nets just passed the Heat for best team in the east!

fadedmario
07-03-2012, 02:23 AM

Yup. He's the GOAT. Nevermind his contract either. He's worth twice that..

fadedmario
07-03-2012, 02:25 AM
Detroit. Boring.

Not as boring as your Lakers roster is. Welcome to the Lotto - you're just about there.

DoMeFavors
07-03-2012, 02:28 AM
Just got back from partying after I heard the news. Joe Johnson and Deron is the best backcourt in NBA and could probably be 2 to 5 seed. All you other fans talking trash are jealous WE ARE STACKED!!!

topdog
07-03-2012, 02:32 AM
The Nets had nothing special. Brook Lopez needs to stay healthy and then show he can rebound. Brooks is an interesting young SG and Morrow is a deadeye, but what exactly is exciting about that lot when it comes to trading the best center in the league?

I can only imagine deals start getting better when you figure that the Nets have no cap and so Dwight can't choose to sign with them next year.

topdog
07-03-2012, 02:34 AM
Thats not going to happen cause all those teams suck! And yes the grizzlies suck:facepalm:

It's not going to happen because PSD is filled with worthless homerish posters who would rather talk crap than basketball.

ThunderousDemon
07-03-2012, 02:35 AM

:violin:

fadedmario
07-03-2012, 02:36 AM
:violin:

Enjoy the lotto.

ThunderousDemon
07-03-2012, 02:39 AM
Enjoy the lotto.

Lotto? What is this lotto that you speak of?

DerekRE_3
07-03-2012, 02:40 AM

Sounds like your average sports journalism to me, especially on the national level.

DerekRE_3
07-03-2012, 02:41 AM

Should I start making Boogie threads now? I'd love nothing more.

fadedmario
07-03-2012, 02:42 AM

Do it!

DerekRE_3
07-03-2012, 02:47 AM
Do it!

I do Boogie, you do Monroe. We'll flip this forum upside down. Change all the rules.

YoungOne
07-03-2012, 02:47 AM
why is everybody bashing the nets for getting better?

Bruno
07-03-2012, 04:02 AM
LAL should offer Howard a one year extension. since he won't sign long term, just rent him for next season, and the season after, if he'll take a one year extension. even if he bails, he'd come off the books along with Kobe and Gasol and LAL would have all the cap space in the world. LAL should go big on a Howard rental to close out the Kobe era, then trust the FAs will flock to a Bryantless, Gasolless, Howardless LAL in 2015. although realistically, Howard would stay if he just inherited the franchise, id like to think.

Even if he bails after, that's 60 million coming off the books, give or take. Rajon Rondo, Tony Parker, LaMarcus Aldridge, Kevin Love, Marc Gasol and Tyson Chandler would all be unrestricted free agents (or have early termination options) in summer 2015.

LAL should make the trade, extension or not and just take the risk. Let this team go out with a bang and trust that FAs will come like they always have. they should go all out rather than drift in second round mediocrity until kobe hangs 'em up.

sunnydayin'zona
07-03-2012, 04:57 AM

Suns have a pretty active forum :) Also, give it a few days and you'll hear about Nash

Whomewhome
07-03-2012, 04:59 AM
why is everybody bashing the nets for getting better?
because they can't stand that a perennial losing team/bad team is becoming a threat.

It's sad. Look at the Clippers last years same thing happened.

Whomewhome
07-03-2012, 05:00 AM
Nets never really had threads in the main forum, well not since a long time :) now we are back!

StarvingKnick22
07-03-2012, 08:29 AM
:yawn:

yaswaggin
07-03-2012, 10:13 AM
Just got back from partying after I heard the news. Joe Johnson and Deron is the best backcourt in NBA and could probably be 2 to 5 seed. All you other fans talking trash are jealous WE ARE STACKED!!!

Lies.

1. You didn't go to a party

2. Westbrook/harden and Parker/Manu is better

3. More like 5-8 seed

4. Jealous? Actually we are happy, no more Dwight to nets

5. Stacked? Your starting PF would have been dropped from the team if kanye called up jay

RLundi
07-03-2012, 10:18 AM
Nets fans :laugh2:

*Superman*
07-03-2012, 10:29 AM
Yeah, Rob "screwed" the Magic when all he has literally done is draft two players and fire a few assistants.

D-Block21-Chito
07-03-2012, 10:30 AM
^ Keep dwight whatever... can't net fans be excited for having a decent team?

Vinylman
07-03-2012, 11:17 AM

shocking ... another NYC know it all saying Orlando is dumb :facepalm:

Peter Vescey is less credible than chrissy broussard and Rachel Bucher

Vinylman
07-03-2012, 11:23 AM
Lotto? What is this lotto that you speak of?

he speaks from experience... detroit fans are fundamentally experts on the lottery...

don't you remember the worse pick in the history of the NBA? Some guy named

DARKO

Can't wait for Dumars next genius move

GREATNESS ONE
07-03-2012, 11:34 AM
^ Hahahahaha I didn't want to say it. V-Man, you're a killer.

Go ahead and add the Lions in that too (until last year)

GREATNESS ONE
07-03-2012, 11:34 AM
^ Hahahahaha I didn't want to say it. V-Man, you're a killer.

Go ahead and add the Lions in that too (until last year)

Chill_Will_24
07-03-2012, 11:42 AM
IDK how i feel about the Nets getting all this coverage now. I guess we are officially a NY team now. However that also entails more DoMeFavors and Wavycricket in the main forum. Ill take the good with the bad i guess.

Chill_Will_24
07-03-2012, 11:57 AM
^ Keep dwight whatever... can't net fans be excited for having a decent team?

Get used to it. While i dont endorse the behavior of Nets fans like DoMeFavors i don't blame them for it. You rep what you sow and Nets fan endured a lot of trolling when the lost Kidd, when they won 12 games, when they missed on Wall, when they failed to sign any FA in 2010... all the way up to now. its been a long 5-6 years and now its our turn.

Like i said i dont endorse the trolling but i will not frown on mt fellow Nets fans for it. You troll while its down and they will troll you back when they rise back up. Its the way it works.

thephoenixson28
07-03-2012, 12:11 PM
The funny thing. With nets fans is they're acting like they have a good offer and as soooooooon as a dumb trade to bk for Dwight happens they're gonna laugh at Orlando saying they raped us which they would. Gtfoh that be my last day as a magic fan.

You don't really mean that.

Donuts365
07-03-2012, 12:20 PM

Cool story bro

Carey
07-03-2012, 12:37 PM
In the end i think Hennigan moves him to the Nets for the framework thats been discuss and the Nets get a 3rd team to take Duhon's deal and float them another young asset or 2. So no i dont think Hennigan has screwed the Magic at all.