PDA

View Full Version : NBA Fun Facts

xabial
07-03-2012, 12:03 AM
Wanted to have a thread with NBA fun facts, to see if I can learn something interesting I don't already know about NBA players.

I'll start:

-Randy Foye has a condition called Situs Inversus meaning his organs are reversed. This puzzling and intriguing condition occurs in just 0.01 percent of all people.

-Shaquille O' Neal has made One Three Pointer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ESK5miT7uE) in his entire 19 Year NBA Career. (See 0:16 of the Video)

-Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean-Jacques Wamutombo (known simply as “Dikembe Mutombo” to most) speaks seven languages fluently.

-The Spurs have only missed the playoffs 4 times since joining the NBA in 1976, and currently hold the record for most consecutive 50+ win seasons at 13. (Up to this Year)

-A.C. Green holds the record for most NBA games played by a virgin (1,192).

-During A.C Green's playing days, his teammates would frequently send women to tempt him to compromise his morals. Instead, Green would respond by calmly quoting scripture. Green is known as deeply religious and is well known for proclaiming that he began and ended his NBA career as a virgin.

-SHAQ scored 61 points on his birthday in 2000 (March 6)

-On Jan. 6, 2005, Rip Hamilton led his team in scoring, yet didn't make a field goal. All of his points were free throws.

-In 2004, "Da Bull" (Bulls mascot) was arrested for selling marijuana

-Wilt Chamberlain never fouled out of a single game through high school, college and the NBA.

-Steve Nash has a brother who plays pro soccer and Steve makes more money in one game than his brother does in an entire season.

-Wilt Chamberlain claimed to have had sex with 20,000 women.

-Vince Carter and Tracy McGrady are 3rd cousins with each other and were drafted by the same NBA team.

-Dwight Howards mother had 7 miscarriages before finally giving birth to Dwight!

Hope I was able to Teach you something interesting! You can look all this up if you don't believe me.

asandhu23
07-03-2012, 12:23 AM
I feel bad for Dwight's mom. :(

MintBerryCrunch
07-03-2012, 12:33 AM
I feel bad for Dwight's mom. :(

I know the one she finally gives birth to is a huge b****

llemon
07-03-2012, 12:50 AM
Wilt was ejected on two technical fouls in 1967.

After writing about his 20,000 conquests, he told a female buddy of his "what's one extra zero between friends".

asandhu23
07-03-2012, 12:55 AM

After writing about his 20,000 conquests, he told a female buddy of his "what's one extra zero between friends".

1. doesn't count as fouling out.

2. hearsay.

Cfrey
07-03-2012, 12:56 AM
In 1961 a man by the name of Jolly McRoger took off all his clothes, ran onto the court from the stands and started slapping his willy against Oscar Robertson.

nicegoing
07-03-2012, 12:56 AM
AC Green coulda learned a thing or two from Wilt.

llemon
07-03-2012, 01:01 AM

2. hearsay.

1) depends on your definition

2) everything Wilt said should be doubted.

Mr.B
07-03-2012, 01:01 AM
Shawn Bradley is REALLY, REALLY tall.

bucketss
07-03-2012, 01:04 AM
I know the one she finally gives birth to is a huge b****

Yep, and that ***** has his mother rich as **** so i doubt she gives a **** what people like you think lol ***** ***** lol im not even swearing im using asterisks for the hell of it

bucketss
07-03-2012, 01:07 AM

also vince and tmac were not drafted by the same team vince was drafted by gsw and later traded to Toronto while tmac was drafted by the raptors.

LakersIn5
07-03-2012, 01:14 AM
walton and kobe combined for 82 points in a game

b@llhog24
07-03-2012, 01:27 AM
Wanted to have a thread with NBA fun facts, to see if I can learn something interesting I don't already know about NBA players.

I'll start:

-Randy Foye has a condition called Situs Inversus meaning his organs are reversed. This puzzling and intriguing condition occurs in just 0.01 percent of all people.

-Shaquille O' Neal has made One Three Pointer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ESK5miT7uE) in his entire 19 Year NBA Career. (See 0:16 of the Video)

-Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean-Jacques Wamutombo (known simply as “Dikembe Mutombo” to most) speaks seven languages fluently.

-The Spurs have only missed the playoffs 4 times since joining the NBA in 1976, and currently hold the record for most consecutive 50+ win seasons at 13. (Up to this Year)

-A.C. Green holds the record for most NBA games played by a virgin (1,192).

-During A.C Green's playing days, his teammates would frequently send women to tempt him to compromise his morals. Instead, Green would respond by calmly quoting scripture. Green is known as deeply religious and is well known for proclaiming that he began and ended his NBA career as a virgin.

-SHAQ scored 61 points on his birthday in 2000 (March 6)

-On Jan. 6, 2005, Rip Hamilton led his team in scoring, yet didn't make a field goal. All of his points were free throws.

-In 2004, "Da Bull" (Bulls mascot) was arrested for selling marijuana

-Wilt Chamberlain never fouled out of a single game through high school, college and the NBA.

-Steve Nash has a brother who plays pro soccer and Steve makes more money in one game than his brother does in an entire season.

-Wilt Chamberlain claimed to have had sex with 20,000 women.

-Vince Carter and Tracy McGrady are 3rd cousins with each other and were drafted by the same NBA team.

-Dwight Howards mother had 7 miscarriages before finally giving birth to Dwight!

Hope I was able to Teach you something interesting! You can look all this up if you don't believe me.

I knew all the set in bold, but what do they mean by Randy's organs are reversed?

greg_ory_2005
07-03-2012, 01:31 AM
Vince and McGrady werent drafted by the same team. You liar.

Jumba
07-03-2012, 01:33 AM
His heart is on the right side. Along with everything else thats usually on the left side

nyknicks141
07-03-2012, 01:34 AM
I knew all the set in bold, but what do they mean by Randy's organs are reversed?

It means that the organs on the left side on his body are on his right. For example, his heart is towards the right side of his body rather than his left. Much like looking in the mirror.

Phenomenonsense
07-03-2012, 01:34 AM

Side of the body. His heart is on his right side, for example.

setman2000
07-03-2012, 01:51 AM
The first minority player in the NBA entered the league in 1947, an American born (Ogden, Utah) Japanese player that was drafted by the Knicks.

A.C. Green isn't actually a virgin, he's a "born again virgin" which meant he chose to not have premarital sex after he was baptized.

Kwame Brown has scars on his forearm from cigarrette burns given to him by his abusive father.

Bill Walton used to have a severe stuttering problem. He also once threw his shoe at the basketball during a game.

For 3 years from 2004-2007 Marquis Daniels was the highest paid player in the '03 draft class, ahead of Lebron, Wade, Melo, Bosh etc.

Josh Howard’s legs were so severely bowed as an infant that he underwent a procedure in which they were broken and reset so that they could grow straight.

Charlie Villanueva has three older brothers all named robert.

Hakeem Olajuwon decided to auction off his championship rings instead due to his Muslim religion forbidding him to keep them. (Muslim men aren't allowed to wear gold).

A Brown Bear really does ***** in the woods.

All of these fun facts are completely unsubstantiated and I have no idea if they are true, except for the bear.

bears88
07-03-2012, 01:59 AM
nice thread.

StarvingKnick22
07-03-2012, 08:42 AM
wilt Chamberlin in his career never played without 10+ rebounds.

StarvingKnick22
07-03-2012, 08:44 AM
Michael Jordan was born in Brooklyn.
Kwame brown was the first Highschool player to be selected 1st overall in the draft.

StarvingKnick22
07-03-2012, 08:45 AM
Blake Griffin is a professional Ping Pong Player.

KnickNyKnick
07-03-2012, 09:40 AM
walton and kobe combined for 82 points in a game

hah nice one.

and Dwight Howard took all the height and power from the previous 7 miscarriages.

StarvingKnick22
07-03-2012, 10:26 AM
hah nice one.

and Dwight Howard took all the height and power from the previous 7 miscarriages. thats really not funny:facepalm:

xabial
07-03-2012, 05:17 PM
Interesting Facts guys. Anything else?

knicksfan42
07-03-2012, 05:20 PM

Hearts on the right side when it should be on the left side. This is the way it is for all of his organs.

EDUTEXANS
07-03-2012, 05:41 PM
On Sept. 2, 1989, Markieff Morris (Phoenix Suns) and Marcus Morris (Houston Rockets) were born seven minutes apart in North Philadelphia. On June 23, 2011, the twin brothers and former University of Kansas standouts were chosen back-to-back, just seven minutes and 13 seconds apart, in the 2011 NBA draft, in Newark, N.J., about two hours away from their place of birth.

JasonJohnHorn
07-03-2012, 05:48 PM

I dunno... a technical foul is a foul, and two tech means you fouled out.

Moses Malone holds the record for most consecutive games without fouling out.

thekmp211
07-03-2012, 05:50 PM

like, his heart is on the right side of his chest, liver, appendix ect flipped. whacky stuff but i dont think it poses any serious health risks?i could also be completely wrong but i think that's what it is, remember reading about it when he was drafted.

thekmp211
07-03-2012, 05:51 PM
Blake Griffin is a professional Ping Pong Player.

!!!!

LAKERMANIA
07-03-2012, 05:51 PM
Side of the body. His heart is on his right side, for example.

Your sig literally made me laugh out loud :D