PDA

View Full Version : Hawks will trade Marvin Williams for Devin Harris?

*Silver&Black*
07-02-2012, 06:55 PM
It's all over Twitter right now and a Utah native on a Hawks forum posted a Salt Lake sports radio station reporting that this trade is almost completed.

First Joe's contract now Marvin's for Devin. Danny Ferry isn't playing around.

https://twitter.com/#!/mysportslegion

Iron24th
07-02-2012, 06:57 PM
Harris will be Teague's backup?

b@llhog24
If true the Jazz win this trade.

justinnum1
miami might have some competition in the southeast;)

*Silver&Black*
07-02-2012, 06:59 PM
Also looks like we are trying to sign Jonny Flynn.

Teague/Farmar/Flynn
Devin Harris/John Jenkins
??????/Stevenson
Josh Smith/Ivan/Williams
Al Horford/Zaza/Petro

GREATNESS ONE
07-02-2012, 07:00 PM
They weren't kidding about the fire sale !!!

YoungOne
07-02-2012, 07:00 PM
Also looks like we are trying to sign Jonny Flynn.

Teague/Farmar/Flynn
Devin Harris/John Jenkins
??????/Stevenson
Josh Smith/Ivan/Williams
Al Horford/Zaza/Petro

much work to do.

*Silver&Black*
07-02-2012, 07:01 PM
We got rid of the 2 bad contracts like it wasn't nothing and still have our 2 most talented players.

I doubt this is the end either. Smith is expiring so Ferry is meeting with him soon and either going to work something out or he is traded.

LTBaByyy
07-02-2012, 07:02 PM
He is saving so much money in these deals!!!!

Iron24th
07-02-2012, 07:03 PM
We got rid of the 2 bad contracts like it wasn't nothing and still have our 2 most talented players.

I doubt this is the end either. Smith is expiring so Ferry is meeting with him soon and either going to work something out or he is traded.

You should build on horford and teague.
Josh smith is probably the next to go.

joeystats
Teague + Smith to Lakers for Pau.... Ship It!

shep33
Going after Howard or rebuilding?

*Silver&Black*
There are also rumors of the Hawks pushing for Howard. Maybe Harris or Teague with Horford for Howard? Crazy.

ManRam
07-02-2012, 07:04 PM
MySportsLegion doesn't break news...he just reposts news.

Marc Stein announced it. It's legit.

@ESPNSteinLine: Hawks have agreed in principle to deal Marvin Williams to Utah for Devin Harris to shed even more $

YoungOne

makes sense, though not straight up

*Silver&Black*
Going after Howard or rebuilding?

Personally I love building through the draft, but I wouldn't be mad at a Howard/Josh Smith/ATL reunion.

KB-Pau-DH2012
ESPN's Marc Stein confirms it:

Just going online and on SportsCenter: Hawks have agreed in principle to deal Marvin Williams to Utah for Devin Harris to shed even more $

MiamiBoy77
07-02-2012, 07:05 PM

yea man i know washingtons getting good

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-02-2012, 07:06 PM
If the Hawks just got Devin Harris from the Jazz and Jordan Farmar from the Nets, I have a feeling Jeff Teague is gone.

Pau to ATL for J-SMoove and Jeff Teague.

ManRam
07-02-2012, 07:06 PM
Not sure if Atlanta is blowing it up (wise move) or saving up for Dwight (could be a very wise move). I like it either way...

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-02-2012, 07:07 PM
Devin Harris makes more money then Williams does next season....

justinnum1
Not sure if Atlanta is blowing it up (wise move) or saving up for Dwight (could be a very wise move). I like it either way...

dwight will be playing for the hawks next season.

ManRam
If the Hawks just got Devin Harris from the Jazz and Jordan Farmar from the Nets, I have a feeling Jeff Teague is gone.

There are reports that Farmar will just be bought out...not sure if they've been verified or not.

hawks4
07-02-2012, 07:08 PM
Wow! Thank you Danny Ferry! He may be the answer to Hawks fans' prayers since we've needed a new look for quite some time. I agree with YoungOne. We have much work to do, but I think Ferry is facing us in the right direction.

*Silver&Black*
07-02-2012, 07:09 PM
Either Teague/Horford for Howard

or

just wait until he is a free agent and we are the only ones with cap space.

Either way, looking like Hawks might get Howard now.

Iron24th
07-02-2012, 07:09 PM

They'll move harris or farmar to us before even thinking moving teague I think.

dhopisthename
07-02-2012, 07:10 PM

willaims has a player option next year I assume that is what the saving money part is

GThawks
07-02-2012, 07:10 PM

Lol no chance that happens. Awful trade for the hawks.

Vinylman
07-02-2012, 07:11 PM

a whole 200k...

Harris is expiring though

ManRam
07-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Farmar, Petro, Williams, Morrow and Harris are all expirings. They've effectively just freed up 29 million dollars of cap space for the 2013/2014 season. That's huge. They still have the amnesty clause too.

They will be HUGE players in next year's FA. Should be fun for ATL fans.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-02-2012, 07:12 PM
willaims has a player option next year I assume that is what the saving money part is

Ah didn't see that when I took a quick look. Sorry about that.

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-02-2012, 07:13 PM
They'll move harris or farmar to us before even thinking moving teague I think.

They can't package recently acquired players for another trade. Not allowed.

So by acquiring Harris and all those 5 Nets players, they can't be packaged with any other Hawks players.

I believe this how it goes. Someone please correct me if I'm off.

LA_Raiders
07-02-2012, 07:13 PM
Dang, Josh is next...

Punk
07-02-2012, 07:14 PM
Wow, Atlanta really is blowing it up

MiamiBoy77
07-02-2012, 07:15 PM
Lol what if Atlanta is realizing the only way to beat the HEAT is size so they are going REALLY big.

Teague
Jenkins
Smith
Horford
Howard

Iron24th
07-02-2012, 07:16 PM

So by acquiring Harris and all those 5 Nets players, they can't be packaged with any other Hawks players.

Not sure about this rule, but whatever, I said that to show you that teague will not be included in any deal for Pau, I'm pretty sure.

chrism8188
07-02-2012, 07:16 PM
Am I the only person that thinks devin harris is still good lol i wouldnt mind him as a backup PG i think he still got it even tho his stats arent crazy

Knick_Fever
07-02-2012, 07:17 PM

Man you're all over the place this time around, I remember when the Heat lost last year you were no where to be found. Hey I guess I can't blame you though, I would do the same thing.

*Silver&Black*
07-02-2012, 07:17 PM
Either next year:

Teague
Jenkins
Smith
Horford
Howard

Or trade Teague/Horford for Howard now, and sign CP3 or another PG next summer:

Chris Paul
Josh Smith
Dwight Howard

Gritz
07-02-2012, 07:18 PM
Hawks GM is a member of the taliban, he's blowing the team up

YoungOne
07-02-2012, 07:18 PM

since when?

DR_1
07-02-2012, 07:21 PM
Nice move Atlanta. I don't get it at all for Utah though :confused:

dhopisthename
07-02-2012, 07:22 PM
Am I the only person that thinks devin harris is still good lol i wouldnt mind him as a backup PG i think he still got it even tho his stats arent crazy

harris was awful to start the season last year for the jazz. if you put him on a team with shooters he can be decent.

Iron24th
07-02-2012, 07:23 PM

Mo Williams as starting PG is kind of weird.

dhopisthename
07-02-2012, 07:24 PM

they needed an sf and harris had about 1 good month last year besides that he was among the worst starting pg's in the league

NFLNBA
07-02-2012, 07:25 PM
Hawks doing it big something else is gonna happen to cause Harris and Teague are both starters so 1 of them is out the door and they keep Farmer as the back-up i would assume?

Also with the Hawks blowing it up like this and starting over there is no chance in hell there gonna take Gasol unless Gasol is expiring which he isnt

YoungOne
07-02-2012, 07:25 PM
jazz need a small forward, dont think marvin is the answer though

NFLNBA
07-02-2012, 07:27 PM
I really dont understand why the Hawks traded Williams for Devin though? Williams is still young and cheaper then Harris and they already have Teague as there starter! Something else is gonna happen

*Silver&Black*
07-02-2012, 07:28 PM
Jeff Teague, Al Horford, and a 1st round pick for Dwight Howard.

Anthony Morrow and Josh Smith being Howard's friend, and from Atlanta. Who has a better offer?

Ferry is the GOAT if he can pull this off.

Devin Harris
Anthony Morrow (shooter)
John Jenkins (shooter)
Josh Smith
Dwight Howard

Jarvo
07-02-2012, 07:29 PM
Howard is going to end up a Laker or Hawk.

nbrod
07-02-2012, 07:30 PM
Hawks blowing it up quick. Wonder who's next

Jarvo
07-02-2012, 07:30 PM
Marvin sucks anyway

*Silver&Black*
07-02-2012, 07:31 PM
We have enough cap next season to sign both Chris Paul AND Dwight Howard.

Vinylman
07-02-2012, 07:32 PM
I really dont understand why the Hawks traded Williams for Devin though? Williams is still young and cheaper then Harris and they already have Teague as there starter! Something else is gonna happen

yep

that is the nature of this 10 day period where you can make deals but not sign them...

probably another team getting involved in both this one and the Nets deal

gonna be a fun ride for the next week or so :D

DR_1
07-02-2012, 07:33 PM
they needed an sf and harris had about 1 good month last year besides that he was among the worst starting pg's in the league

Good move Utah :D

b@llhog24
07-02-2012, 07:34 PM
I may have heard wrong but isn't the Joe Johnson trade contingent on Dwill resigning?

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-02-2012, 07:37 PM
Jeff Teague, Al Horford, and a 1st round pick for Dwight Howard.

Anthony Morrow and Josh Smith being Howard's friend, and from Atlanta. Who has a better offer?

Ferry is the GOAT if he can pull this off.

Devin Harris
Anthony Morrow (shooter)
John Jenkins (shooter)
Josh Smith
Dwight Howard

Pau + 1st rd pick for JSmoove and filler (maybe Teague now that Nets have Farmar and Harris).

Bynum for Dwight.

Dwight plays in LA with Kobe and his buddy J-SMoove and creates the new dynasty.

So the answer to your question as to who has the better offer....

Lakers.

Chance to play with J-Smoove and chance at ring >>>>>> chance to play with legendary Anthony Morrow and irrelevance.

*Silver&Black*
07-02-2012, 07:39 PM
So the answer to your question as to who has the better offer....

Lakers.

Chance to play with J-Smoove and chance at ring >>>>>> chance to play with legendary Anthony Morrow and irrelevance.

Bro, shut up. Smith is on the Hawks, so nice try having Smith off the Hawks to make your comment. Lakers will be irrelevant when Howard is a Hawk.

reffahead
07-02-2012, 07:39 PM
Josh ain't going nowhere, we all felt as fans that Horford, Josh, and Teague are the true core of the team and Ferry is there with us.

nicegoing
07-02-2012, 07:41 PM
Smith will be gone next.

pebloemer
07-02-2012, 07:43 PM
Jazz have been waiting for this ever since Atlanta snagged Marvin on draft night!

BSardogan
07-02-2012, 07:46 PM
If Atlanta wants to save all the money they can, and Josh Smith is the next guy out, Houston would be their ideal trading partner...

Lowry has one of the best contracts in the entire league, makes like 5 million a year and is easily a top 8-10 PG. Extremely cap-friendly and he can contribute as an all-star point guard in the Hawk's future.

Kevin Martin is a nice piece to fit the roster after Joe Johnson left, makes around 11M but is an expiring, so he would be a good piece for a team that's looking to start from scratch.

Then there's a whole bunch of prospects that can be included in a trade, and since Josh Smith is the perfect example of a SF/PF tweener and Houston has like 30 guys on their roster that fit that description, you could easily work a deal involving someone to replace him. Patrick Patterson, Terrence Jones maybe?

Works for both, and I'd love it as a Houston fan.

b_russ
07-02-2012, 07:47 PM
Marvin sucks anyway

And Atlanta's going to love Harris...

phlp_bj
07-02-2012, 07:49 PM
jazz have mo now anyway

THE_FLASH_21
07-02-2012, 07:53 PM

Really with Utah having 4 PGs?? and with Mo Williams being better then him?? And with Utah needing a good wing?? And with the Jazz wanting to move Hayward to SG ?? Yea i dont get it either..:rolleyes:

Great trade for Utah.. Utah needed a good wing.. Harris was outplayed by all our backup PG last year..

reffahead
07-02-2012, 08:02 PM
Before Ferry was hired, Smith told the Hawks he wants to be traded to a franchise he considers to be more committed to winning a championship. There’s been no indication that Smith has changed his mind after Ferry’s hire, which does nothing to placate Smith’s desire to also play in what he believes to be a better sports market. Smith’s contract expires after next season.

Ferry said he plans to meet with Smith soon.

“I have talked to Josh, and we agreed to get together,” he said. “It was a positive conversation.”

Keep in mind this was before all this hoopla. Ferry wants Smith long term and Josh has already approved and excited for the future of the franchise. You guys will not get Smoove unless another superstar is returned.

The goods
07-02-2012, 08:14 PM

That'd be great maybe throw in artest and mcbob and whoever else they want to give us.

The goods
07-02-2012, 08:19 PM
It's funny that smith was the one who wanted to leave now he's the only one staying.

showtym24
07-02-2012, 08:28 PM
Yea hawks got farmar, harris, and teague now. Maybe ferry isnt done dealing..?

D-Will4Prez
07-02-2012, 08:31 PM
This is one of those trades that makes both teams better IMO. Harris is a great fit.

reffahead
07-02-2012, 08:35 PM
That'd be great maybe throw in artest and mcbob and whoever else they want to give us.

Ah we turned that offer down. Atlanta was open for Pau and Smith straight up but that ship has sailed past the titantic.

We have loads of money now. We haven't even used our amnesty or any of the exceptions.

nbrod
07-02-2012, 08:38 PM

If I were the hawks there would be no way I take metta back in that trade

D12 fan
07-02-2012, 08:45 PM
Hawks might be a trade partner for D12.I always said ATL could be a darkhorse.

Horford,Teague,1rd for D12

Harris
Morrow
Jenkins
Jsmoove
D12

Danny Ferry has Dwight childhood friends Jsmoove/Morrow and all 3 of them are from Atlanta they might be recruiting Dwight now.

5ass
07-02-2012, 08:47 PM
that deal was just a salary dump for the hawks i believe.

KobeOwnSU
07-02-2012, 08:51 PM
Hawks are going to get Dwight now, book it. I just hope it happens sooner rather then later because I am tired of all this hoopla.

29$JerZ
07-02-2012, 08:52 PM
Atlanta already deserves Exec of the year for finding dumb people to take on Joe J and Marvin and receiving a 1st rounder out of it.

shep33
07-02-2012, 09:01 PM

Harris
Morrow
Jenkins
Jsmoove
D12

Danny Ferry has Dwight childhood friends Jsmoove/Morrow and all 3 of them are from Atlanta they might be recruiting Dwight now.

So now if they don't win though, Smith and Howard can leave together as free agents.

In all truth, that starting lineup is not that great. Harris is not very good anymore, they don't have anybody to create off the dribble, and the bench is lacking. You'd have to think that Orlando might throw a bad contract their way too.

Playoffs, yes, but I mean that perimeter play is suspect at best. Nobody knows how good Jenkins is going to be right now, Morrow is a shooter but can't create for himself, and again Harris is not very good.

D12 fan
07-02-2012, 09:03 PM
So now if they don't win though, Smith and Howard can leave together as free agents.

In all truth, that starting lineup is not that great. Harris is not very good anymore, they don't have anybody to create off the dribble, and the bench is lacking. You'd have to think that Orlando might throw a bad contract their way too

Yeah that lineup is for this year,they will have money next year to go after Paul or another max player to add with Dwight/Jsmoove.

DeyAce
07-02-2012, 09:08 PM
Williams is a scrub and Harris isn't the same since he left jersey

reffahead
07-02-2012, 09:11 PM

Harris
Morrow
Jenkins
Jsmoove
D12

Child please, that ain't our lineup. Ferry has much bigger plans. We may tank to get a top ten pick this season and we own Houston's pick lotto protected as well. We'll have enough to sign Paul and Howard outright need be.

"Potential line up"

Paul - Teague
Morrow
Josh Smith
Al Horford
Dwight

The pick could be something special depending on how they want to play this season. Houston's pick is just gravy but they need to make playoffs for us to get so it's more likely a trading chip. Still have both exceptions to fill out roster.

Losoway
07-02-2012, 09:15 PM
the hawks got terrible this off season already

shep33
07-02-2012, 09:16 PM
Yeah that lineup is for this year,they will have money next year to go after Paul or another max player to add with Dwight/Jsmoove.

Well people are assuming that Paul would leave the Clips. He just got there, and they have a nice core going. I mean first year there with a bunch of young fellas and he got them to the 2nd round. We knock Blake, but he's still a 20 and 10 monster.

That Hawks team won't be good enough to compete with the top 4 teams out west imo. Probably a 2nd round exit at best. Lack of depth, inexperience at the 2 guard spot, and a Devin Harris who was arguably one of the worst starting pg's over the past two years.

*Silver&Black*
07-02-2012, 09:19 PM
the hawks got terrible this off season already

:confused:

Vinylman
07-02-2012, 09:22 PM
People are so stupid

Danny Ferry is a horrible GM... unfortunately for Nets fans Billy King is even worse

No one is gonna go play in ATL that doesn't have to... probably the worse place to go to an NBA game

CP3 to ATL LMFAO

Get real people ATL is dumping salaries so they can tank and get into the lottery

*Silver&Black*
07-02-2012, 09:27 PM
People are so stupid

Danny Ferry is a horrible GM... unfortunately for Nets fans Billy King is even worse

No one is gonna go play in ATL that doesn't have to... probably the worse place to go to an NBA game

CP3 to ATL LMFAO

Get real people ATL is dumping salaries so they can tank and get into the lottery

Lakers fan?

shep33
07-02-2012, 09:29 PM
I honestly don't care where he goes, just end this crap.

The only problem I see with Atlanta is that I believe Orlando will try and sell them on a bad contract or two. If that happens, then CP3 is out of the question for 2013.

D12 fan
07-02-2012, 09:30 PM
People are so stupid

CP3 to ATL LMFAO

You do know Atlanta was 1 of the teams CP3 was willing to go to last summer right?

CP3 is from the south NC,he spends most of his summer in the south.If ATL could get Dwight,they could be a option for CP3.I mean CP3 was even open to the idea of playing in his hometown for the Bobcats,Atlanta is not that far away from his home in Winston Salem.

All im saying is if your'e CP3 and you had to choose,im taken Dwight/Jsmoove.

Dwight/Jsmoove>Blake/Jordan

*Silver&Black*
07-02-2012, 09:31 PM
According to sources, Josh Smith has turned into lead recruiter trying to convince Dwight Howard to consider playing in Atlanta long term.
-Lang Greene

Vinylman
07-02-2012, 09:42 PM
You do know Atlanta was 1 of the teams CP3 was willing to go to last summer right?

CP3 is from the south NC,he spends most of his summer in the south.If ATL could get Dwight,they could be a option for CP3.I mean CP3 was even open to the idea of playing in his hometown for the Bobcats,Atlanta is not that far away from his home in Winston Salem.

All im saying is if your'e CP3 and you had to choose,im taken Dwight/Jsmoove.

Dwight/Jsmoove>Blake/Jordan

I know this is a forum and fundamentally a jerk off session but you guys are taking this to new heights... There is no way CP3 is leaving the Clippers to go to ATL... i don't care if he was originally from ATL... it ain't happening...

A guy who has been injury prone is not passing on that extra year of salary... not to mention that it is an extreme long shot that D12 gets traded to ATL... show me the last time a top 10 player in the league was traded within their own division... not to mention that Horford would hardly be the best deal available

Use some logic if you are gonna post some absurd scenario... CP3 is from winston salem so he will go to ATL as a FA :facepalm: You don't hear me arguing that D12's girl is in LA so he will end up there...

A Grand PSD jerk off session for sure :rolleyes:

D12 fan
07-02-2012, 09:51 PM
I know this is a forum and fundamentally a jerk off session but you guys are taking this to new heights... There is no way CP3 is leaving the Clippers to go to ATL... i don't care if he was originally from ATL... it ain't happening...

A guy who has been injury prone is not passing on that extra year of salary... not to mention that it is an extreme long shot that D12 gets traded to ATL... show me the last time a top 10 player in the league was traded within their own division... not to mention that Horford would hardly be the best deal available

Use some logic if you are gonna post some absurd scenario... CP3 is from winston salem so he will go to ATL as a FA :facepalm: You don't hear me arguing that D12's girl is in LA so he will end up there...

A Grand PSD jerk off session for sure :rolleyes:

Why are you so mad?It's just conversation.I personally think the Lakers are the best fit Kobe/Pau/D12 would be nasty in the West.

Vinylman
07-02-2012, 10:01 PM
Why are you so mad?It's just conversation.I personally think the Lakers are the best fit Kobe/Pau/D12 would be nasty in the West.

It is just hilarious to read all these delusional posts in this thread

Danny Ferry a good GM? :facepalm: The guy singlehandedly drove LBJ out of Cleveland with his poor roster management...

Hey Danny... you wanna trade JJ Hickson for STAT... nah, we good :facepalm:

People have short memories... it is hilarious

Again, explain to me how Orlando is gonna trade within the divsion for an undersized 5

Explain to me what CP3's incentive to switch locations is and restart with a roster of nobodies and in a division with the best team?

I am open to hearing a logical argument... just not stupid ****

Bravo95
07-02-2012, 10:05 PM
Tell Dwight to relax, let the Hawks tank this year like the Hornets, and you might end up with.

Chris Paul
Shabazz Muhummad
Andre Iguodala
Josh Smith
Dwight Howard

:speechless:

*Silver&Black*
07-02-2012, 10:09 PM
Tell Dwight to relax, let the Hawks tank this year like the Hornets, and you might end up with.

Chris Paul
Shabazz Muhummad
Andre Iguodala
Josh Smith
Dwight Howard

:speechless:

I'd rather not trade for Iggy. Plus where did Horford go in your line-up if Dwight signs as a free agent. And for Vinylman to not have a breakdown, I'll pull Paul from fake line-ups.

Teague
Shabazz (package both 1st rounders if we don't get the #1)
Smith
Horford
Dwight

we can then spend the other $15 million on a solid bench.

StarvingKnick22
07-02-2012, 10:10 PM
jazz clear winner

Vinylman
07-02-2012, 10:15 PM
jazz clear winner

yeah... ATL not getting a pick is kinda surprising

oh well, Danny Ferry is the man :rolleyes:

TMcC801
07-02-2012, 10:15 PM
Nice trade for the Jazz. Quietly building a top 5 team in the west imo

*Silver&Black*
07-02-2012, 10:21 PM
yeah... ATL not getting a pick is kinda surprising

oh well, Danny Ferry is the man :rolleyes:

Hater.

D12 fan
07-02-2012, 10:28 PM
Hater.

lol,you guys crazy.

Jumba
07-02-2012, 10:39 PM
The last time someone said Jazz was like on page 4

Jazz

Cano4prez
07-02-2012, 10:43 PM
To think this scrub was picked before CP3 and D-Will..

aussie
07-02-2012, 10:57 PM
Is this and JJ official yet?