PDA

View Full Version : Broussard: Nets say "Dwight BLEW it in march"

MagicBucsSox
07-02-2012, 06:02 PM
@Chris_Broussard: Source on Nets moving on from possibility of getting Dwight: "Dwight blew it in March'' when he waived opt-out clause.

I think I speak for the Orlando fan base alwhrn I say
Ahahahahahahahajahahahahahajahahahahahajahahahahah ahahahahaahahjahahahahaahahhahaha

@Chris_Broussard: Nets, of course, would've preferred to get Dwight, but Magic refused to engage in trade talks. Source: 'They didn't want to dance with us.' Hennigan gave Dwight the one finger salute

LongIslandIcedZ
07-02-2012, 06:02 PM
Send him to Charlotte

JollyRanch
07-02-2012, 06:03 PM
Orlando is going to do what's in their best interests; not what's in DH's best interests.

I don't know Orlando's thinking but they may be looking at a certain center in LA...

ManRam
07-02-2012, 06:04 PM
I laughed out loud. I mean, he kinda did.

Poor guy...not really though. I'd feel bad for him if he didn't handle everything so poorly. But he's now dicking himself over. I think the word for that is "karma" ;)

Iron24th
07-02-2012, 06:04 PM
This drama is getting funny finally lol

nycericanguy
07-02-2012, 06:05 PM
The Nets had been involved in discussions to acquire disgruntled center Dwight Howard from the Orlando Magic but sources told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard that the Magic front office "didn't want to dance" with the Nets.

Now ORL really has ZERO reason to trade him to NJ since they can't threaten to sign him next year.

Which really opens up the bidding as teams can be more aggressive now knowing DH can't bolt to BK after the year.

black1605
07-02-2012, 06:06 PM
Send him to Charlotte

I'd be happy to punish him for a year in Charlotte, as long as it's for Thomas, Diop, and Carroll. Then he's free to go on his way, and we shed garbage.

310Casper
07-02-2012, 06:07 PM
Well its prettty much a given that dwight will still be traded soon. No way Orlando starts the season with him

1) His trade value would be very low come the trade deadline mid-season, since he'd then only be a half-season rental
2) they can still get a nice package for him right now from weaker teams willing to use him as a rental, knowing he wont re-sign anyway

Orlando MUST trade him soon, his trade value gets smaller and smaller by the day once the season starts. No way they keep him and let him walk for nothing.

The Lakers and other interested teams have even more leverage now and can ask for more in return, knowing that Dwight is 100% not going to BK anymore, he wont re-sign w/ anyone else = orlando is getting more desperate now

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-02-2012, 06:07 PM
hahahahahahhahahahahha

Absolutely deserved it.

Dade County
07-02-2012, 06:08 PM
Howard F'ed up... Old news!

He will be a free agent next year like he wants.... and he gets to hand pick his team (yes he might have to take a little less). For those fans that think Howard will be forced into a corner if he is traded to your team (laker/Houston/76ers/Warriors/...ect fans...smh)

Get real.

dalton749
07-02-2012, 06:08 PM
Now he can come to toronto and play with nash

D12 fan
07-02-2012, 06:09 PM
Broussard said look at Lakers/Mavericks as Dwight next destination.

torocan
07-02-2012, 06:09 PM
We also shouldn't rule out the "piss off the owner" factor.

Dwight's a good player, but the kind of people that OWN a sports team aren't exactly pushovers.

You dick them around long enough, and they just might be willing to eat some $$$ JUST to show you who holds the purse strings.

Heck, if I was an Owner and Dwight was on my team, I might trade him anywhere EXCEPT the Nets JUST to make a Point....

"I'm a Billionaire. You're a snot nosed kid who pounds a Rock. Who the F do You think you are.... oh right, congratulations. You're now NOT a Net...."

310Casper
07-02-2012, 06:10 PM
Broussard said look at Lakers/Mavericks as Dwight next destination.

The sky is blue

Nikeman
07-02-2012, 06:11 PM
I honestly don't trust all these ESPN reporters, especially "douchard". I remember during the 2010 FA he had 500 different reports on Bron, Wade, etc etc

smith&wesson
williams
johnson
wallace
humphries
lopez

i think they will be fine with out howard.

rocket
The sky is blue

It's actually red

MagicBucsSox
07-02-2012, 06:14 PM
Ahahahahahahaha mavericks have less than BK to offer haahahahahah

RLundi
07-02-2012, 06:16 PM
:laugh:

Winner!

Slug3
07-02-2012, 06:16 PM
Winfer if D will ends up in Dallas over this.

LakersA's49ers
07-02-2012, 06:19 PM
i hope they trade dwight to the worst team imaginable for him. like charlotte, or utah, or some team that has no "market" to hld his airheadness

aztr0
Can't feel bad for Dwight. He was stupid to opt-in and now he'll have to deal with it.

Yunqn
williams
johnson
wallace
humphries
lopez

i think they will be fine with out howard.

They should find a way to get josh smith and snt others to match the salary..
Or even include brook and find a way to get kaman..

Deron
Joe johnson
Gerald wallace
Josh smith
Brook Lopez or Chris kaman. Is a situation idnt see how deron would pass up along with 25 million ..and being in new york opening a new arena as "the guy"

More-Than-Most
07-02-2012, 06:21 PM
I love the Magic for sticking it to him

njnets
07-02-2012, 06:22 PM
im happy the nets moved on. i really wanted dwight howard, but if its not gonna happen, you cant sit around and do nothing when you have to make some moves to improve the team.

BKLYNpigeon
07-02-2012, 06:25 PM
the Magic and Howard actually screwed themselves, its a lose lose situation. Howard for signing the opt in clause and wasting another year of his career and Orlando for not trading him earlier to get max value for him.

Now, the Magic will be lucky to get anything of Value for him.

kenzo400
07-02-2012, 06:28 PM
Well its prettty much a given that dwight will still be traded soon. No way Orlando starts the season with him

1) His trade value would be very low come the trade deadline mid-season, since he'd then only be a half-season rental
2) they can still get a nice package for him right now from weaker teams willing to use him as a rental, knowing he wont re-sign anyway

Orlando MUST trade him soon, his trade value gets smaller and smaller by the day once the season starts. No way they keep him and let him walk for nothing.

The Lakers and other interested teams have even more leverage now and can ask for more in return, knowing that Dwight is 100% not going to BK anymore, he wont re-sign w/ anyone else = orlando is getting more desperate now

He wouldn't neccesarily be a half-season rental. Seeing as how Nets are moving on and wouldn't have the cap space to sign him next year then he will have to go elsewhere. That could very well be the team that Orlando trades him to initially. If anything his value has gone up now, seeing as how he is screwed out of going to NJ.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-02-2012, 06:30 PM
Dunno how ya think we won't get anything for dwight... Before teams would low balls us in fear he would leave for bk .. now they can trade for him and know bolting for bk isn't an option so teams like lakers and clippers and whoever else wants to can start the bidding ... If he can't run for bk after then his more valueable now then he was before

KobeOwnSU
07-02-2012, 06:31 PM
Now with the Nets outta the picture, the Magic have little leverage which means I would like to see the Lakers offer a package centering around Gasol. That could allow the Lakers to then flip Bynum somewhere else for a couple pretty good players.

lakersiznumber1
07-02-2012, 06:31 PM
good 4 nets dwight doesnt deserve to play for the lakers magics should trade him to the kings and take cousins and tyreke:clap:

netsgiantsyanks
07-02-2012, 06:33 PM
he really did.

GREATNESS ONE
07-02-2012, 06:35 PM
^ Tyreke and Cousins would be a steal but if I was Orlando I would get a package around Bynum. Bynum is better offensively and if you give the big man his own team, you'll see him come into his own and become even more dominant.

BigCityofDreams
07-02-2012, 06:35 PM
Now with the Nets outta the picture, the Magic have little leverage which means I would like to see the Lakers offer a package centering around Gasol. That could allow the Lakers to then flip Bynum somewhere else for a couple pretty good players.

Any Laker package for Howard starts with Bynum.

Teeboy1487
07-02-2012, 06:38 PM
Serves this idiot right.

Kucka
07-02-2012, 06:39 PM
I just can't wait for this whole Dwight situation to be done with. It has been dragged out way too long.

24/7 All Day
07-02-2012, 06:39 PM
.. but he was BLACKMAILED guize

nbrod
07-02-2012, 06:42 PM
Karma's a *****

KobeOwnSU
07-02-2012, 06:44 PM
Any Laker package for Howard starts with Bynum.

The Hawks just trade Joe Johnson's contract, anything can happen!:D

*Superman*
07-02-2012, 06:44 PM
**** Dwight, I am ashamed to even have this username anymore.

:pity:

strahan92osi72
07-02-2012, 06:46 PM
I'd laugh if Dwight and Deron team up in Dallas and Brooklyn opens up with Joe Johnson. LOL.

C-ross12
07-02-2012, 06:49 PM
Unfortunately in todays age you have to cater to superstars. Both sides are to blame for this IMHO. Magic should have said "Please sign an extension with us." If he didn't want to, they should have traded him. Its really as simple as that. Instead both parties light-footed around, making everyone looked stupid.

GREATNESS ONE
07-02-2012, 06:49 PM

:laugh2: I know we've had our differences but that was just too funny bro !!!

raptor fan
07-02-2012, 06:51 PM
I see how this screws Howard, but I don't see how this has any benefit for the Magic. Howard can still determine where he ends up, and he doesn't have to agree to any extension with any team that that the Magic want to trade him to. Keeping this in mind, teams are still going to hesitate giving up a ton of assets, just to have Howard leave at the end of the season. Also, it takes away one suitor for Dwight, so the Magic have one less team to potentially trade with.

Howard should just keep quiet, and just sign with whatever team he wants at the end of the season. Whatever team that ends up dealing for him would probably lose him for a couple of picks or something in a S&T (similar to the deals with Miami for Bosh and Lebron).

MagicBucsSox
07-02-2012, 06:53 PM
Unfortunately in todays age you have to cater to superstars. Both sides are to blame for this IMHO. Magic should have said "Please sign an extension with us." If he didn't want to, they should have traded him. Its really as simple as that. Instead both parties light-footed around, making everyone looked stupid.

Wtf u talkIng about Orlando always wanted a extentsion fool

uptownfan
07-02-2012, 06:57 PM
I'd laugh if Dwight and Deron team up in Dallas and Brooklyn opens up with Joe Johnson. LOL.

The Joe Johnson deal is contingent on Williams re-signing with the Nets. No Deron = No Johnson

EDIT: Looks like it's changed.

But sources close to the process said Monday that the Nets have changed their stance and are preparing to go through with the trade whether or not Williams commits to Brooklyn.

Gritz
07-02-2012, 07:02 PM
This is Guts

netsgiantsyanks
07-02-2012, 07:03 PM
if the nets go through with the trade if d-will bolts, :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: will be my reaction.

lakerboy
07-02-2012, 07:04 PM
the Magic and Howard actually screwed themselves, its a lose lose situation. Howard for signing the opt in clause and wasting another year of his career and Orlando for not trading him earlier to get max value for him.

Now, the Magic will be lucky to get anything of Value for him.

It's a win win for Los Angeles though :D:D:D:D fingers crossed!!

ne3xchamps
07-02-2012, 07:04 PM
good for him. D12 is becoming more of an *** bag every day.

Gritz
07-02-2012, 07:06 PM

haha

C-Style
07-02-2012, 07:23 PM
@Chris_Broussard: Source on Nets moving on from possibility of getting Dwight: "Dwight blew it in March'' when he waived opt-out clause.

@Chris_Broussard: Nets, of course, would've preferred to get Dwight, but Magic refused to engage in trade talks. Source: 'They didn't want to dance with us.'

Ric Bucher @RicBucher

Source: With Nets out of equation, Mavs go to top of Dwight Howard's wish list. No other teams - Lakers included - on it. For now.

lol

strahan92osi72
07-02-2012, 07:26 PM
More like the Nets blew it by panicking and trading for JJ. Also, this isn't the smartest thing to say since Deron isn't a lock to resigning with them. If Deron goes to Dallas the Nets will be kissing Dwight's ***** trying to get him to join JJ.

C-ross12
07-02-2012, 08:02 PM
Wtf u talkIng about Orlando always wanted a extentsion fool

Fool? What? Obviously they wanted an extension. Dwight didn't want one obviously. Deal him and move one, instead of dragging out this drama fest.

showtym24
07-02-2012, 08:06 PM
lol

Haha marion for dwight? Then he'd have another thing in common with shaq.

LA_Raiders
07-02-2012, 08:07 PM
send him to charlotte

x2

numba1CHANGsta
07-02-2012, 08:18 PM
How many times must we post this "it's not where Dwight wants to go it's where the Magic want him to go" Dwight will NOT go to DAL, they have noo assets that attract the Magic, best offer and only offer and the smartest offer to accept is to the Lakers for Bynum

_Supreme_
07-02-2012, 08:25 PM
Dwight will be so pissed off now that he plays out next year wherever and signs with Miami for the MLE next offseason.

:smoking::smoking::smoking:

mjt20mik
07-02-2012, 08:26 PM
I hope they just trade him to a terrible team.

_Supreme_
07-02-2012, 08:27 PM
How many times must we post this "it's not where Dwight wants to go it's where the Magic want him to go" Dwight will NOT go to DAL, they have noo assets that attract the Magic, best offer and only offer and the smartest offer to accept is to the Lakers for Bynum

That is not quite true, because if Dwight says he will leave after next season a lot of teams will not touch him.

Avenged
07-02-2012, 08:28 PM
Well, now that the Nets are out of the running, Dwight has the option to shut up and stay a Magic.. or sign elsewhere.

Karma's a *****.

_Supreme_
07-02-2012, 08:33 PM
I have to say it is funny.

He saw Lebron leave for the city he wanted to go to, after that he saw Melo force his way to where he wanted to go to, and then he saw Chris Paul force his way out to a better place.

And then he tried to do the same thing, but went along about it in such a freaking dumb manner that everything has now seemingly gone down the crapper for him :laugh:

smiddy012
07-02-2012, 08:39 PM
I hope to god Orlando doesn't trade him and lets him walk after next season, the awkwardness between Orlando and DH would be legendary whether he plays or not.

dtmagnet
07-02-2012, 08:58 PM
I love this, suck it Dwight.

noodle
07-02-2012, 09:01 PM
$50 says Dwight becomes a Net. Then the Nets will have their "three".

effen5
07-02-2012, 09:03 PM
That is not quite true, because if Dwight says he will leave after next season a lot of teams will not touch him.

And I'm sure a lot of teams still will.

NFLNBA
07-02-2012, 09:21 PM
^ Only 1 team has agreed on the 1 year rental without a commitment and thats the Rockets.

Lowry
Scola
Martin

If im the Magic take it and move on thats the best deal your gonna get because Lakers are not dealing Bynum without a commitment and the Warriors are not sending the package with Curry without commitment. Rockets are only destination for him. Magic have to trade him before season starts.

StarvingKnick22
07-02-2012, 09:22 PM
i just think the basketball gods hate the nets

FOBolous
07-02-2012, 09:25 PM

just say that by "superman," you mean Shaq

waveycrockett
07-02-2012, 09:35 PM
^ Only 1 team has agreed on the 1 year rental without a commitment and thats the Rockets.

Lowry
Scola
Martin

If im the Magic take it and move on thats the best deal your gonna get because Lakers are not dealing Bynum without a commitment and the Warriors are not sending the package with Curry without commitment. Rockets are only destination for him. Magic have to trade him before season starts.

The Rockets aint giving that up for a rental of Howard. Especially since they signed Oseik.

BcEuAbRsS
07-02-2012, 09:40 PM
Still wouldn't mind the Bulls making a run at him... Worst case senario, Howard won't resign and the Bulls then have cap space to rebuild again...

DR_1
07-02-2012, 09:54 PM
I honestly don't trust all these ESPN reporters, especially "douchard". I remember during the 2010 FA he had 500 different reports on Bron, Wade, etc etc

:clap: Post of the day right here!

IBleedPurple
07-02-2012, 10:57 PM
This is pretty funny, must say

Cal827
07-02-2012, 11:04 PM
If this is really true then:

HAHAHAHAHA :laugh:

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Cracka2HI!
07-02-2012, 11:07 PM
The Nets are 100% right and should move on. How can anyone believe Dwight will ever be happy? I'm sorry but opting in and then immediately demanding a trade, then saying you were "blackmailed"...allegedly...C'mon man!

fadedmario
07-02-2012, 11:21 PM
lol -Dwight has turned into the biggest joke in the NBA. He will be mocked and booed wherever he plays next year. He's overrated too. Can't wait to see him fail.