PDA

View Full Version : Jrue Holiday wants a max contract

Gators123
07-02-2012, 12:37 PM
:laugh2:

‏@SpearsNBAYahoo

Sixers guard Jrue Holiday added to USA select team roster. Holiday also is seeking a max contract extension from Sixers, source tells Yahoo!

thekmp211
07-02-2012, 12:38 PM
don't we all. i do like holiday though. not all that ridiculous considering roy hibbert is getting a max offer.

LongIslandIcedZ
07-02-2012, 12:39 PM
Nothing wrong with wanting it.

He just isnt going to get it.

Delusional
07-02-2012, 12:40 PM
LULZ

No way he's getting it.

SportsNY
07-02-2012, 12:41 PM
He must see himself as a superstar. I hope this is a joke.

Baller1
07-02-2012, 12:43 PM
Not happening.

Fly
07-02-2012, 12:44 PM
He is only 22 :shrug: I can't blame him for wanting one, with all the upside he has.

black1605
07-02-2012, 12:46 PM
Hilarious.

netsgiantsyanks
07-02-2012, 12:46 PM
'gets up and walks away'

Sadds The Gr8
07-02-2012, 12:47 PM
:facepalm:

310Casper
07-02-2012, 12:49 PM
This generation of nba players is ridiculous.

310Casper
07-02-2012, 12:52 PM
NBA and players union should come up with a new system where players are evaluated by their performance, skillset, contributions made to their teams and have a "max possible salary" individually made for each nba player. Once their contract is over, they get a new evaluation made then, and so on. This way players like Jrue cannot get max money since their evaluation wouldn't permit that.

The sad part about all this is that if Philly doesnt give him max money, some small market team probably will. Its the only way they can lure better guys

CavsYanksDuke
07-02-2012, 12:52 PM
It's hilarious that they may have to give him it.

thekmp211
07-02-2012, 12:54 PM
NBA and players union should come up with a new system where players are evaluated by their performance, skillset, contributions made to their teams and have a "max possible salary" individually made for each nba player. Once their contract is over, they get a new evaluation made then, and so on.

huh?

Eagles4Life13
07-02-2012, 12:56 PM
Max contract for what. I don't care if he has all the upside in the world or how old he is. Until he proves he deserves a max contract, forget it.

smith&wesson
07-02-2012, 12:57 PM
And if someone is stupid enough to pay him, he'll be laughing.

its not about what your worth. its about how much you can get out of these blood sucking leaches (owners)

310Casper
huh?

for example, if lebrons contract were up today he'd be evaluated today by a committee, which would then see that he's worth max money. He could then seek and get max money.

If Jrue were evaluated today by that same committee, they'd see that he's worth between 11-14 million/year. He'd then not be able to sign a max contract.

mavwar53
Good luck, he'll need it.

mavwar53
07-02-2012, 12:59 PM
for example, if lebrons contract were up today he'd be evaluated today by a committee, which would then see that he's worth max money. He could then seek and get max money.

If Jrue were evaluated today by that same committee, they'd see that he's worth between 11-14 million/year. He'd then not be able to sign a max contract.

That is one of the worst idea's I've ever heard of, each team has their own evaluation group, they decide what they are willing to pay a free agent, why would the NBA determine what a player can be payed.

Dade County
07-02-2012, 01:02 PM
smh...

Thats not going to happen.

310Casper
07-02-2012, 01:02 PM
That is one of the worst idea's I've ever heard of, each team has their own evaluation group, they decide what they are willing to pay a free agent, why would the NBA determine what a player can be payed.

Using your theory, will the sixers current evaluation group deem jrue worthy of a max contract, based on talent and what he brings to the table?

No.

Will they give him the money? Probably, since some other team might do it out of desperation.

That is why the current system is flawed. Guys can abuse their powers and pinch their teams for all their worth.

sixers247
07-02-2012, 01:05 PM
Ugh. At least this could mean this year he finally becomes a star?? Probably not but a man can wish.

Shareeb_omac2
07-02-2012, 01:05 PM
One day I could be a doctor... So you should pay me like one right now.

mania03
07-02-2012, 01:11 PM
NBA and players union should come up with a new system where players are evaluated by their performance, skillset, contributions made to their teams and have a "max possible salary" individually made for each nba player. Once their contract is over, they get a new evaluation made then, and so on. This way players like Jrue cannot get max money since their evaluation wouldn't permit that.

The sad part about all this is that if Philly doesnt give him max money, some small market team probably will. Its the only way they can lure better guys

its called a free-market

Stinkyoutsider
He's a good player but he's not a max player. I think he's in the range for $8 to $9 million a season right now. If he can perform better than he has and make an all-star team or 2, I think he'll be ready for $13 million a season.

Until then, can't give him anymore than 9...

mavwar53
Using your theory, will the sixers current evaluation group deem jrue worthy of a max contract, based on talent and what he brings to the table?

No.

Will they give him the money? Probably, since some other team might do it out of desperation.

That is why the current system is flawed. Guys can abuse their powers and pinch their teams for all their worth.

McGee said he wants max money right, lets see how that works out for him, guys that aren't deserving of Max money don't get it most of the time, sometimes teams overreact to a good year, sometimes teams think a guy is going to grow into something he never does but most of the times teams over pay but giving out Max money or even close to it for guys that are not even top 50 in the game today that's not going to happen. Jrue will probably get close to what Monta Ellis got 3 years ago, 5 years 55mil, an 11mil average, no where close to a max deal.

pebloemer
07-02-2012, 01:12 PM
Nothing wrong with wanting it.

He just isnt going to get it.

Nothing surprises me with NBA GM's anymore. I doubt he'll get it, but desperate managers do ridiculous things in free agency

RLundi
07-02-2012, 01:14 PM
If he gets it, what a pointless lockout.

thekmp211
07-02-2012, 01:17 PM

so you either want a free market, or a board of genius' telling basketball players how much their basketball skills are worth? that second option sounds ridiculous.

you do realize that marketability, chemistry and personal preference have as much say in the negotiating process as pure skill?

it's up to teams to scout smart and not shoot themselves in the foot with bad contracts and draft picks. players are entitled to get as much money as they can under the CBA, and it should stay that way.

the superstars of the league are STILL underpaid, because of the sheer revenue they generate on their own.

its called a free-market

yeah. this is what i think he wants, but again you don't REALLY want a free market in the NBA unless you are a fan of the big market squads.

knickerbockerny
07-02-2012, 01:21 PM

I'm not 100% certain but I do believe the new CBA does have max contract restrictions in place where you had to make a certain amount of all-star teams or all NBA teams to be eligible for max contracts.

But it is getting rediculous, that players who are not worth max contracts are being offered it or being discussed with max money, like Eric Gordon and Roy Hibbert. Both are good but not max players. On the other hand I guess that is what teams have to do to keep their players.

ManningToTyree
07-02-2012, 01:21 PM
Not yet Jrue. Maybe in a couple years. He does have some serious upside.

PhillyBoomerang
07-02-2012, 01:22 PM
Hes not that good... show me a 20ppg+and 7+ assist then we will talk..

ChicagoFan4Eva
07-02-2012, 01:25 PM
i want one too lmaoo

rickshaw
07-02-2012, 01:26 PM
So when's the next lockout

lakerboy
07-02-2012, 01:34 PM
Sorry Jrue, you aren't a center. There is almost a PG in every team. You are going to have to settle for $5-8M

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-02-2012, 01:44 PM
don't we all. i do like holiday though. not all that ridiculous considering roy hibbert is getting a max offer.

It's not ridiculous @ all... considering a talented big man, is scarce in the NBA and, key to a championship team. Not crazy that Hibbert was offerd max money @ all. You're team may think the same way you do, and decide not to pay him. And you'll pay for it later. Nowadays, even good roll players, for example, Paul Milsap, Wes Mathews, Jeremy Lin, Nic Battum, etc, are getting paid alot of money, cuz if you don't pay it, someone else will.

UPRock
07-02-2012, 01:49 PM
Now everyone wants a Max Contract LOL.

Vinylman
07-02-2012, 01:54 PM
NBA Free Agency is a joke because there is no compensatory system in place like NFL/MLB

Until the owners get that in place they will always be at the mercy of a stupid owner overpaying for a marginal talent

Not to mention that revenue sharing encourages **** teams to make bad decisions because there is no economic consequence to them.

driz
07-02-2012, 01:56 PM
Comparisons to Hibberts offers aren't valid. Write down the list of for legitimate 7-foot tall Centers playing at an elite level in the league. Then do the same for 6' and change point guards. I'm guessing one list is going to be considerably shorter.

Antipod
07-02-2012, 01:59 PM
Hahaha. Damn, i also want to bang Mila Kunis but all i get is my right hand . BUMMMMMER !!
:D :D :D

FriedTofuz
07-02-2012, 02:01 PM
Wow, this is all roy hibberts fault, I mean the blazers.

Losoway
07-02-2012, 02:03 PM
lmao

Ill21
07-02-2012, 02:04 PM
Why does every player think they deserve a max contract lol.

knicksfan42
07-02-2012, 02:05 PM
Comparisons to Hibberts offers aren't valid. Write down the list of for legitimate 7-foot tall Centers playing at an elite level in the league. Then do the same for 6' and change point guards. I'm guessing one list is going to be considerably shorter.

Hibbert isn't playing on an elite level. 12.8 and 8.8 isn't elite. There are only two elite centers in the league right now, Howard and Bynum everyone.

Ezekial
07-02-2012, 02:23 PM
Hibbert isn't playing on an elite level. 12.8 and 8.8 isn't elite. There are only two elite centers in the league right now, Howard and Bynum everyone.

That's the point.

knicksfan42
07-02-2012, 02:25 PM
That's the point.

Roy is still not worth a max contract.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-02-2012, 02:26 PM

Those are definatley, 1 and 2, but you need a good center, to build a champion. Tyson Chandler is getting paid, Noah's gettin paid, Nene's gettin paid. Cousin's, McGee, Hibbert, ALL gonna get big money. Whether they deserve it or not, that's a different topic.

mvb815
07-02-2012, 02:27 PM
i had him on my fantasy last season, his play warrents nothing near a max contract, in fact, i should get compensated for picking him so high and him underachieving so much.

topdog
07-02-2012, 02:30 PM

Yes it is all that ridiculous. A 7ft tall warm body gets you about $6M. If you're a starter, that goes up to about $10M and if you actual have real skill, well, that's the max.

As for PGs, they should play him Beyonce's "To the Left": we "could have another you in a minute."

torocan
07-02-2012, 02:35 PM
Holliday will get what he's worth regardless.

Each team assesses what they feel Holliday is worth, and they'll pay that. End of story.

It doesn't matter what WE think a player is worth, since that valuation is subjective.

It's like looking at a piece of Jewellery and saying that it's overvalued because the actual diamonds only cost X dollars. It doesn't matter because that's the price the market will bear.

Now whether that's good value or not can only be determined in the future. A player's performance, chemistry and marketing value are only realized once the actual season begins, otherwise it's all just a theoretical estimate by a bunch of suits in a room.

jtrinaldi
07-02-2012, 02:40 PM
Scal deserves the MAX over his bum as

JonnyBrav000
07-02-2012, 02:52 PM

What you are talking about would be nice if it could work, but it would just hurt the game. Guys would be out for themselves so much more, why pass the ball when you could score or why play defense when you could save your energy to score. Many players already think like this, but plenty more would if a system was in place to facilitate contract status. Not a good look for the league.

sunsfan88
07-02-2012, 02:52 PM
Why is giving Jrue Holliday a max contract a ridiculous thought but giving Roy Hibbert one isn't?

valade16
07-02-2012, 02:55 PM

Elite level?

1. Howard
2. Bynum

No Hibbert There

GiantsSwaGG
07-02-2012, 02:57 PM
Who?

Bruno
07-02-2012, 02:58 PM
so much max contract this, max contract that in the NBA these days. Max contract should be reserved for the leagues elite players. at MAX, were talking about the top 8-12 talents in the league. there aren't more than 12 players who deserve max money. but there are 30 teams who can offer them.

jrue holiday is a good player but he's no where close to commanding that kind of money in a point guard dominated league.

tcav701
07-02-2012, 03:29 PM
The simple rules of supply and demand explain why we should not compare Hibbert to Jrue salary wise.

b@llhog24
07-02-2012, 03:34 PM
Uhhh............. (http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/007/423/untitle.JPG)

Jint.
07-02-2012, 03:44 PM
I want one too

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-02-2012, 04:55 PM
what a joke