PDA

View Full Version : Beasley. Detroit? Phoenix?

We_need_players
07-02-2012, 11:41 AM
Multiple reports indicate the Detroit Pistons have emerged as a potential suitor for free agent forward Michael Beasley. #freeagency -- Michael Scotto (@MikeAScotto)

A source said Phoenix and Detroit are among those pursuing small forward Michael Beasley. Minnesota declined to offer the former No. 2 pick a qualifying offer, making him an unrestricted free agent.

^ http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1zRvjMZci

Hype
07-02-2012, 11:58 AM
Great, so he goes from a growing team to a stagnant team or a team that's one year away or are currently starting year 1 of rebuilding mode. At least go to a contender.

Dade County
07-02-2012, 12:00 PM
I hope you have a great career Beasley!

HouRealCoach
07-02-2012, 12:09 PM
Monroe, Knight, Drummond, Stuckey, Maggette, Jerebko, That 7 Foot center, & Beasley would be a nice core to build around... but they need a coach that can put it together

mike 810
07-02-2012, 12:12 PM
Frank is the rite dude for the job.
Monroe, Knight, Drummond, Stuckey, Maggette, Jerebko, That 7 Foot center, & Beasley would be a nice core to build around... but they need a coach that can put it together

KnightnDaye
07-02-2012, 12:20 PM

Yea I actually really like frank, very intelligent guy and has really taken control over this team after kuester left us with a GIANT mess.

thekmp211
07-02-2012, 12:27 PM
the pistons sound good. big, versatile frontcourt.

Delusional
07-02-2012, 12:33 PM
I'm hoping the Suns don't get him. Too much trouble for what he's worth. They are better off saving their cap to land Dragic and Eric Gordon, then bring back Grant Hill.

SportsNY
07-02-2012, 12:41 PM
I think Beasley could end up in Phoenix. They are looking to get younger.

2_Trill
07-02-2012, 12:42 PM
As a piston fan I welcome Beasley into the fold, if the reports are true then we will have a pretty nice hand to start the season with

LionsFan..LOL
07-02-2012, 12:51 PM
I'd welcome him to Detroit for the right price.

mark1125
07-02-2012, 12:55 PM
If Dumars has learned a lesson from the Gordon and Villanuea deals, it would be a good fitfor the Pistons.

mark1125
07-02-2012, 12:56 PM
Great, so he goes from a growing team to a stagnant team or a team that's one year away or are currently starting year 1 of rebuilding mode. At least go to a contender.

Can't fault a guy from wanting to go to a situation where he will get playing time and a chance to increase his value.

smith&wesson
07-02-2012, 01:02 PM
he would be good in detroit

stuckey
knight
beasly
monroe
drummond

maggette 6th man.

Stinkyoutsider
07-02-2012, 01:07 PM
I hope he goes to a team where he can show his real value. For a guy with a few issues (everyone has these), he has a good deal of talent and could be a good scorer on a contending team.

SpeeMN
07-02-2012, 01:08 PM

stuckey
knight
beasly
monroe
drummond

maggette 6th man.

I like it. He will shoot a bunch, but he won't be as bad as maggette. Otherwise, the benching last year made him think about basketball the team sport, not the michael beasley sport. He actually can put up an above average shooting percentage while creating his own shot. I really want to know what the financials being discussed are.

RLundi
07-02-2012, 01:18 PM
Didn't the Pistons learn from Villanueva? :laugh2:

EasternStar
07-02-2012, 01:23 PM
Detroit would be a good team if they got Beasley. But, Beasley is a pot-head though. :smoking:

LionsFan..LOL
07-02-2012, 01:24 PM
Detroit would be a good team if they got Beasley. But, Beasley is a pot-head though. :smoking:

Well then he'd fit right in with the Lions lol

zB_#85
07-02-2012, 01:25 PM
:sigh: I want to see him in purple and gold under the tutelage of Kobe and Metta to hopefully realize his talents

Phenomenonsense
07-02-2012, 01:36 PM
Meh, with Drummond, we need high character, hard working guys. We have Kim English, Monroe, and Knight who all are reported as ridiculously hard workers. We don't need Beasley if it is at the expense of Drummond's future.

Blazers#1Fan
07-02-2012, 01:37 PM

stuckey
knight
beasly
monroe
drummond

maggette 6th man.

thats a solid team i think same level as the pacers

Black24Momba8
07-02-2012, 01:37 PM
:sigh: I want to see him in purple and gold under the tutelage of Kobe and Metta to hopefully realize his talents

I would like him on the Lakers :clap:

Blazers#1Fan
07-02-2012, 01:38 PM
Didn't the Pistons learn from Villanueva? :laugh2:

not even the same

driz
07-02-2012, 02:00 PM
Be-Easy has gotten such a bad rap. The dude is good. He's a potential 20-15 guy every night he gets the minutes. A bad fit for Minnesota is fine by me. I'm thinking DETROIT is much better suited to his personal tastes.

I've wanted him since the early stages of his rookie year. Consider, I believe and could be wrong, all Detroit has available is the MLE, signing a guy of his caliber and age at that price point is a slam dunk.

We_need_players
07-02-2012, 02:22 PM
i like the idea of Beasley to detroit, young solid core of players, we are the next thunder, :clap:

topdog
07-02-2012, 02:33 PM
Here we go again! Just when I thought Dumars was saved by the draft, he's going to screw it up.

topdog
07-02-2012, 02:36 PM
i like the idea of Beasley to detroit, young solid core of players, we are the next thunder, :clap:

I'm so tired of people saying this! (Not personal against you) Did OKC invent the idea of drafting players to fill a roster? I'm pretty sure that's what the draft was created for.

thekmp211
07-02-2012, 02:37 PM
Be-Easy has gotten such a bad rap. The dude is good. He's a potential 20-15 guy every night he gets the minutes. A bad fit for Minnesota is fine by me. I'm thinking DETROIT is much better suited to his personal tastes.

I've wanted him since the early stages of his rookie year. Consider, I believe and could be wrong, all Detroit has available is the MLE, signing a guy of his caliber and age at that price point is a slam dunk.

i agree he is undervalued but he also hasn't really improved during his time in the league. being picked after rose doesn't help.

still, he's got to be smarter on both ends of the court to really start living up to his potential. cause he was just as good as durant in college and has all the talent yet here we are.

JWO35
07-02-2012, 02:38 PM
Here we go again! Just when I thought Dumars was saved by the draft, he's going to screw it up.

Anything less than 7mil/yr I think he's worth the risk...

StarvingKnick22
07-02-2012, 04:15 PM
lol

mark1125
07-02-2012, 04:53 PM
lol

Great story. :clap:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-02-2012, 04:57 PM
Pistons are so stupid

Another overpayed jump shooting bum

mark1125
07-02-2012, 05:01 PM
Pistons are so stupid

Another overpayed jump shooting bum

A) He hasn't sgned wih anyone yet.

B) At what price do you deem it as stupid?

C) Not sure why a guy who was the #2 pick just a few seasons ago isn't worth the gamble for a team trying to get back into contention.

Not saying I think this is a world class move IF it comes to pass (which I don't think it will), but to call it stupdi without knowing anything about it seems like random bashing. Pistons need a guy to fill it up. He is a better option at this point than Prince, Austin Daye, etc.

topdog
07-02-2012, 05:21 PM
Anything less than 7mil/yr I think he's worth the risk...

I just feel like it's the same song and dance all over again with his "potential." He's thoroughly at his best when he's a chucker like Maggette, but that doesn't win your team games. Add that to having Stuckey as well and I just think personally that it will be disasterous.

A)
C) Not sure why a guy who was the #2 pick just a few seasons ago isn't worth the gamble for a team trying to get back into contention.

Wes Johnson was the #4 pick a few years ago. Do you want him? Most Wolves fans don't... It's more a matter of personalities and whether Beasley is worth the risk to a particular team. Detroit should be in full-on rebuild but Dumars just wants to re-tool. I fear the wrong approach is going to hurt the long-term future of a Monroe-Drummond based team.

fadedmario
07-02-2012, 06:41 PM
Legion Sports ‏@MySportsLegion

Report: The Detroit Pistons are in the "drivers seat" to land free agent forward Michael Beasley. #FreeAgency

mark1125
07-02-2012, 06:49 PM
I just feel like it's the same song and dance all over again with his "potential." He's thoroughly at his best when he's a chucker like Maggette, but that doesn't win your team games. Add that to having Stuckey as well and I just think personally that it will be disasterous.

Wes Johnson was the #4 pick a few years ago. Do you want him? Most Wolves fans don't... It's more a matter of personalities and whether Beasley is worth the risk to a particular team. Detroit should be in full-on rebuild but Dumars just wants to re-tool. I fear the wrong approach is going to hurt the long-term future of a Monroe-Drummond based team.

Again, you can't call it stupid until A) It actually happens and B) The details of the deal are revealed. If he is cheap enough, just about every team would give him a call.

As I said, I think it is a moot point as I don't see the Pistons getting him. Way too many players on the books so the only way it happens is if they amesty Villanueva a work a sign and trade to clear out some bodies.

fadedmario
07-02-2012, 06:51 PM
I actually wouldn't mind Beasley. We turned Chauncey, Rip, and Ben's careers around at one point. Maybe we can do the same with Beasley.

fadedmario
07-02-2012, 07:31 PM
Michael Scotto‏@MikeAScotto

Multiple reports indicate the Detroit Pistons have emerged as a potential suitor for free agent forward Michael Beasley. #freeagency

mdm692
07-02-2012, 07:32 PM
Legion Sports ‏@MySportsLegion

I seen that but suns sent babby, blanks and gentry to lure beasley and he is already scheduled to come to phx on wed. But whothe heck knows what's going on.

fadedmario
07-02-2012, 07:34 PM
Not too concerned either way. He may not even be someone either of our team's want. I would like to give him a shot (based on potential) - but he is not the most professional guy out there.

topdog
07-02-2012, 07:48 PM
Again, you can't call it stupid until A) It actually happens and B) The details of the deal are revealed. If he is cheap enough, just about every team would give him a call.

As I said, I think it is a moot point as I don't see the Pistons getting him. Way too many players on the books so the only way it happens is if they amesty Villanueva a work a sign and trade to clear out some bodies.

I'm not calling it "stupid." I think that sets the wrong tone. I just don't think it would be a good move for Detroit.