PDA

View Full Version : Will Dwight Become More Of A Villain Than Lebron?

kobes2good
07-02-2012, 02:03 AM
Dwight Howard recently told Yahoo sports that he wants to only be traded to one team (Brooklyn) and if he is traded to another team he will still become a free agent over next summer and join the nets. If that does happen that he gets traded then leaves for the nets will Dwight be more hated than Lebron?

Orlando Magic star Dwight Howard told Yahoo! Sports he will not re-sign with a team outside his preferred list that trades for him, and emphatically denied that he ever used the term "blackmail" to describe how Magic officials convinced him to waive his early termination option. Yahoo! Sports
ORLANDO MAGIC, TRADE, DWIGHT HOWARD | SHARE

As the Los Angeles Lakers, Houston Rockets and other teams prepare possible trade offers for him, Howard told Yahoo! by phone that, "There’s only one team on my list and if I don’t get traded there, I'll play the season out and explore my free agency after that." Howard wouldn’t specify the team, but multiple league sources believe that it is the Brooklyn Nets. Yahoo! Sports

mvb815
07-02-2012, 02:04 AM
sadly no

LAKERS 24/7
07-02-2012, 02:08 AM
If he was as good then maybe. Lebron has already redeemed himself in the eyes of many with his play this past season

Chronz
No because he does his dirty deeds behind closed doors and smiles in front of the camera.

sunsfan88
LeBron has a brain. Dwight doesn't.

Dwight didn't realize that if he didn't opt in this summer, he could have been a FA now.

LeBron isn't that stupid.

Cal827
07-02-2012, 02:11 AM
He obviously should for all of the crap he's put Orlando fans through

- Wanting out
- Tellling fans not to worry
- Demanding trades
- Calling out teammates
- Half-Assing it in some games
- Opting in, then basically saying to send him to NJ or else

But then again, he isn't the best player in the game so the general fan won't care as much.

C-Style
07-02-2012, 02:12 AM
Yes but that does not mean Lebron is no longer one.

Sactown
07-02-2012, 02:13 AM
Dwight isn't nearly the player Lebron is and wasn't nearly as tied to Orlando as Lebron was tied to Cleveland, so it's not even close to be honest

shep33
07-02-2012, 02:14 AM
He obviously should for all of the crap he's put Orlando fans through

- Wanting out
- Tellling fans not to worry
- Demanding trades
- Calling out teammates
- Half-Assing it in some games
- Opting in, then basically saying to send him to NJ or else

But then again, he isn't the best player in the game so the general fan won't care as much.

It's sad for me because I used to be a big fan of Howard. Now though, outside of Andray Blatche, I don't despise any other player more than Howard.

kobes2good
07-02-2012, 02:15 AM
Yea but just imagine if he leaves orlando and another team...

popo85
07-02-2012, 02:16 AM
LeBron didn't create so much drama for his team during the season nor get Brown fired.

jsthornton7
07-02-2012, 02:17 AM
Andray Blatche lol?

ombada
07-02-2012, 02:21 AM
he has put the magic through hell, but he is not nationally televising his departure from his home town team to pair up with two other superstars. He is up front about his wishes, and if anyone ever believed he wanted to stay in Orlando... well then i guess you've been fooled.

however if he is able to overturn the opt in and cause the Magic to get nothing back for him for jerking them around so much, i think he will be considered a pretty big villain in orlando.

NYMetropolitans
07-02-2012, 02:25 AM
Not more of a villan, but it's getting close. This whole thing just needs to end and it needs to be soon. Then onto the next story of someone who wants out from their team :facepalm: that's what "sports reporting" has become like these day for the NBA.

C-Style
07-02-2012, 02:26 AM
Yea but just imagine if he leaves orlando and another team...

PR nightmare

Cal827
07-02-2012, 02:36 AM
It's sad for me because I used to be a big fan of Howard. Now though, outside of Andray Blatche, I don't despise any other player more than Howard.

He was my favorite player until he did all of this crap. But At least I still got Andray Blatche. Gotta love a guy who's aspiring to be the next Eddy Curry :D... just keep him away from Butlers and Towels.

Raps08-09 Champ
07-02-2012, 02:37 AM
I'll be surprised if anyone gets more hated than Lebron does.

Il Mago50
07-02-2012, 02:44 AM
I don't think so for the simple fact that Dwight was never as loved as Lebron was. People were waiting on Lebron to become Jordan and he was probably the most popular athlete in sports. Dwight is just a very good player in comparison who is a little *****.

Spacolie716
07-02-2012, 02:56 AM
IMO, Yes for the fact he's been carrying on this charade for over a year now and he's being a total b***h about it. I just want this to end so I can stop hearing about it. Not to mention that after this trade happens, the Nets will have no bench and will still more in likely suck and get ran out in the first or second round of the playoffs.

8kobe24
07-02-2012, 03:12 AM
Lebron was a villain. Dwight is just a byotch.

Baller1
07-02-2012, 03:44 AM
He should, so I hope so.

naps
07-02-2012, 03:55 AM
He should but he won't. Howard is not even close to LeBron as a player and not even close be coveted as LeBron was.

Teams basically started clearing space for LeBron years before LeBron became a FA, there were billboards in the cities for LeBron, celebrity people from big cities including the president of the country has hoped on the media LeBron went to their fav teams.

With Howard none of that happened.

LeBron respected his contract by playing it out without creating a mess in his team. He did nothing wrong except may be hurting Cleveland's feeling by going on national TV but then again they would be hurt more or less anyway if he was leaving. And as for his defense, something good ($2.5mill for kids) came out of that TV program as well. So really LeBron didn't do anything close to what Howard has created throughout last year and the saga continues...STILL Howard won't be close to LeBron in terms of being a villain. LeBron is probably the most hated athlete of all time.

StarvingKnick22
07-02-2012, 10:05 AM
tthere were 2 threads on this and what happend to the Dwight Howard Thread

Raph12
07-02-2012, 10:18 AM
He already is to a lot of fans...

torocan
07-02-2012, 10:25 AM
Dwight's already at the top of the list.

Lebron was cocky and arrogant between his conference, 2/3/4 crap and such. However, Lebron is the best player on the planet and now he's got a ring to prove it. Doesn't mean I like the guy, but at least he backed some of it up this year.

Dwight's just acting like an immature jerkwad.

Dwight is worse by more than a bit at this point.

KnicksR4Real
07-02-2012, 10:28 AM
He should be

NYK|NYY
07-02-2012, 10:31 AM
The problem for me with Dwight is him having the benefit of watching Lebron mishandle the leaving of Cleveland and doing something on a similar level to Orlando. Like, I don't even know if this guy is even listening to anyone around him or is he getting terrible advice, the whole situation is crazy.

CB29
07-02-2012, 10:35 AM
I think dwights a bigger ******* than Lebron... Lebron was immature. Dwight's just being an arrogant prick. He doesn't want to lose money but he wants everything done his way. I have a decent amount of respect for Lebron but no respect for dwight howard.

SportsNY
07-02-2012, 10:37 AM
I don't think so. Howard doesn't consider himself "The Chosen One" or "The King." Dwight didn't set up an hour long announcement. LeBron will always be more hated, but Howard's becoming a clown.

NYK|NYY
07-02-2012, 10:45 AM
I don't think so. Howard doesn't consider himself "The Chosen One" or "The King." Dwight didn't set up an hour long announcement. LeBron will always be more hated, but Howard's becoming a clown.

I've moved towards hating Lebron because he is so great rather than hating him because he is a douche. Dwight has done nothing redeeming with how he's treated the Orlando front office, coaching staff and fans. He is an A-hole.

ohiotown
07-02-2012, 01:53 PM
but pg chris paul and c dwight howard gave there respective teams..... well advanced notice they wern't coming back to there respective teams. this gave and gives the team plenty of time to get a fair return for there super star to help them rebuild back into a great team again. now if the cavs got atleast a lottery pick ,like hornets or magic have or had a chance to get then it would be ok and no big deal.......if hornets got a lottery pick for chris paul,and no disrespect to chris paul. what you think would of been fair for argueably one of the best players to even come into the league...what would of been fair for cavs to recieve in fair trade value or anything other then 32 pick in the draft. heck he didn't want to play for ohio anymore,great fine but have enough respect and ethic to give notice on your job to your boss.

29$JerZ
07-02-2012, 01:59 PM
After LeBron horrid Decision spectacle and losing in the finals he pretty much fixed most of the animosity he had toward him IMO with his play this season and behavior. It also helps its officially 2'years that have gone by so the level of hate isn't so strong.

With Dwight he is literally making this a 2-3 yr circus by his own idiotic decisions and cluelessness about what accepting and ETO means. He is basically one more stupid comment away from being hated on IMO.

JNoel
07-02-2012, 02:15 PM
After LeBron horrid Decision spectacle and losing in the finals he pretty much fixed most of the animosity he had toward him IMO with his play this season and behavior. It also helps its officially 2'years that have gone by so the level of hate isn't so strong.

With Dwight he is literally making this a 2-3 yr circus by his own idiotic decisions and cluelessness about what accepting and ETO means. He is basically one more stupid comment away from being hated on IMO.

He's now said that he might play out the season with the Magic if they don't trade him, and then test free agency.

It seems like his story changes by the day