PDA

View Full Version : Warriors On The Verge Of Signing F J.J Hickson

Monta is beast
07-02-2012, 01:06 AM
The Warriors are in the early stages of discussions for free agent big man J.J. Hickson, according to league sources.

Armed with a mid-level exception, the Warriors are seeking frontline help to play behind starters Andrew Bogut and David Lee. Hickson a 6-foot-9, 242-pounder figures to address the Warriors needs for athleticism, rebounding and some scoring.

The Warriors wanted to get Hickson after Sacramento waived him late season. But Portland claimed him off waivers, and Hickson averaged 15.1 points and 8.3 rebounds in 19 games with the Blazers.

But Portland opted not to extend Hickson a qualifying offer, which would have made Hickson restricted. But according to the Oregonian, Portland wanted to avoid the $5.9 million cap hold.

Portland still has interest in Hickson. Including the Blazers and Warriors, about six teams are in the mix for Hickson.

Golden State has also expressed intrigue in free agent big man Jordan Hill. The Warriors are also keeping tabs on center Kwame Brown, who played well for the Warriors before a torn chest muscle knocked him out for the remainder of the season.

http://www.ibabuzz.com/warriors/2012/07/01/warriors-begin-talks-for-j-j-hickson/

If we can trade Dorell Wright for a backup Point Guard or cap space so we can go out and sign someone like Kirk Hinrich, our roster would look nice.

Curry-Hinrich-Jenkins
Thompson-Rush
Barnes-Jefferson-Green
Lee-Hickson-Tyler
Bogut-Ezeli-Biedrins

asandhu23
07-02-2012, 01:07 AM
not gonna happen. warriors always get their name out there and then poof, nothing happens.

Monta is beast
07-02-2012, 01:10 AM
not gonna happen. warriors always get their name out there and then poof, nothing happens.

Not since Lacob bought the team.

Ashby
07-02-2012, 01:13 AM
I'm hoping GS gets him. That would mean there would be a bigger chance of Jordan Hill resigning with the Lakers.

popo85
07-02-2012, 01:15 AM
I'm hoping GS gets him. That would mean there would be a bigger chance of Jordan Hill resigning with the Lakers.

:) Yup. Hickson after going to Portland played very well, GSW now adds good frontcourt depth to the duo of Lee/Bogut.

LTBaByyy
Great move! He played great with Blazers

Don't know why the Blazers let him go so easily

rockets-fan

no thats usually the Rockets sadly...

VeejNasty
07-02-2012, 01:20 AM
This would be a great sign for them. I always thought he had a lot of potential, but teams keep passing him around like he's a third stringer. Anyone know of any attitude problems, or reasons why he hasn't been valued?

LakersMaster24
07-02-2012, 01:24 AM
Warriors forum?

Monta is beast
07-02-2012, 01:27 AM
Warriors forum?

No, this is relatively big news. He's a known player around the league.

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-02-2012, 01:30 AM
Aren't the Warriors after Jordan Hill as well?

THE MTL
07-02-2012, 01:36 AM
Just please dont over for him. I can see him getting like 10 million per year at the rate the market is going now

Monta is beast
07-02-2012, 01:41 AM
Aren't the Warriors after Jordan Hill as well?

Yuup

mp3
07-02-2012, 01:42 AM
I really wish we could have gotten Andre Miller...

tredigs
Just please dont over for him. I can see him getting like 10 million per year at the rate the market is going now

Shoot, if he plays like he did in his little stint in Portland he'd prove to be worth it. He'll probably see something like 3 years 20 million though.

daWarriorz21
I hope this happens!:D

topdog
07-02-2012, 02:33 AM
I'd take him for the MLE. I don't know many teams who that wouldn't be a good idea for.

greg_ory_2005
07-02-2012, 02:46 AM
He's a decent big. Would be a solid bench option.

Monta is beast
07-02-2012, 04:33 AM
I'd take him for the MLE. I don't know many teams who that wouldn't be a good idea for.

Yeah but he want's to play for the Warriors. He wanted to sign with us last year.

Heatcheck
07-02-2012, 10:58 AM
And this is who the cavs refused the amare trade for?

CB29
07-02-2012, 11:20 AM
If warriors want a backup pg they should acquire calderon from the raps and give us wright

Bob_at_york
07-02-2012, 11:24 AM
I am confused... where does it say that they are on the "verge"? Just sounds like they are showing interest.

Monta is beast
07-02-2012, 04:30 PM
I am confused... where does it say that they are on the "verge"? Just sounds like they are showing interest.

"Hard to envision" JJ Hickson signing with anyone but Warriors, according to source with knowledge of situation. Warriors thought they had landed Hickson after he was waived by Kings during season, will make serious push for him now in free agency.

http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/golden_state_warriors

KniCks4LiFe
07-02-2012, 04:34 PM
He would've fit great w/ the Knicks future.

mvb815
07-02-2012, 04:51 PM
i'm a little upset about this actually, hickson is a stud, i think at this point he has earned the chance to play starter minutes, not off the bench behind lee. he'd be fighting for 6 man minutes with rush and jefferson as well

Monta is beast
07-02-2012, 04:52 PM
Man I really love what Lacob is doing with this team. If we do end up getting Hickson, trade Dorell Wright for D.J Augustine.

Curry-Augustine-Jenkins
Thompson-Rush
Barnes-Jefferson-Green
Lee-Hickson-Tyler
Bogut-Ezeli-Biedrins

We literally have three possible 6th man of the year players on the bench (Augustine, Rush, & Hickson).

Monta is beast
07-02-2012, 04:54 PM
i'm a little upset about this actually, hickson is a stud, i think at this point he has earned the chance to play starter minutes, not off the bench behind lee. he'd be fighting for 6 man minutes with rush and jefferson as well

Well Lee would probably be playing 30 minutes a night with Hickson playing nearly 20. Those are good minutes.

Bob_at_york
07-03-2012, 09:12 AM
http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/golden_state_warriors

except the article you posted said other teams are expected to show interest. If they haven't gotten their offers in yet can any one really say for sure until he signs?

Arch Stanton
07-03-2012, 10:53 AM
And this is who the cavs refused the amare trade for?

The Cavs were hoping to save up all their chips for Juwan Howard. (Dumb Voice) "We gonna shock the world!"

black1605
07-03-2012, 11:02 AM
Man I really love what Lacob is doing with this team. If we do end up getting Hickson, trade Dorell Wright for D.J Augustine.

Curry-Augustine-Jenkins
Thompson-Rush
Barnes-Jefferson-Green
Lee-Hickson-Tyler
Bogut-Ezeli-Biedrins

We literally have three possible 6th man of the year players on the bench (Augustine, Rush, & Hickson).

I doubt we would be interested in Wright having just drafted two small forwards. In any event, Augustin is a restricted free agent. I wouldn't expect the Bobcats to match unless the offers are really low. Kemba will be the starter going forward, and Charlotte has expressed interest in signing a tall pass-first point guard to back him up, or start over him depending on who's available. Keeping Augustin and Kemba is a little redundant.

Anyway, Hickson would be a great pickup for Golden State. That gives them a great three man rotation of bigs. I would love sign him here, but I like what Golden State is building. If they can stay healthy, they'll be a lot of fun to watch.