PDA

View Full Version : The Official Dwight Howard Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Nikeman
07-02-2012, 12:35 AM
I understand that he is the biggest name on the market,

But I see 4 DH 12 threads on the 1st page alone.

Can a mod please merge all the Dwight Howard threads here?

1) Dwight to LA
2) Philly+ GS Want Dwight
3) Charles on Dwight
4) Dwight appealing opt in
5) Jammer+ Dwight altercation
6) Magic Begin Trade Talk for Dwight..

Get the point?

Thanks!

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-02-2012, 12:37 AM
Great idea man

Nikeman
07-02-2012, 12:39 AM
Great idea man

Thanks bro,

I remember two year's FA when LeBron, Wade etc were FA's, and they each had their "official thread", so each twitter update for them didn't create a new thread.

Just trying to clear this cluster ****.

jmoney85
07-02-2012, 12:47 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--dwight-howard--i-ll-only-re-sign-with-one-team.html

As the Los Angeles Lakers, Houston Rockets and other teams prepare possible trade offers for him, Howard told Yahoo! by phone that, "There’s only one team on my list and if I don’t get traded there, I'll play the season out and explore my free agency after that."
Howard wouldn’t specify the team, but multiple league sources believe that it is the Brooklyn Nets.

ichitownclowni
07-02-2012, 12:50 AM
Thank god for this

Nikeman
07-02-2012, 12:51 AM
Now only if the mods obliged :D

BigCityofDreams
07-02-2012, 12:53 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--dwight-howard--i-ll-only-re-sign-with-one-team.html

smh

JeffG20
07-02-2012, 12:57 AM
i honestly hope he never wins a damn thing

King P
07-02-2012, 12:58 AM
Welp, Dwight has the leverage once again.

Nobody is going to trade for him now that he publicly came out and said this

Nikeman
07-02-2012, 01:01 AM
I feel like the Nets are doing everything possible to not have space to sign him..

A) Trading for JJ
B) Huge contract to GForce

ThunderousDemon
07-02-2012, 01:02 AM

I guess he's getting traded to the Nets. Oh well, nothing lost and nothing gained.

BigCityofDreams
07-02-2012, 01:03 AM

True but teams still contacted the Magic about a potential trade after a report came out stating he told to GM to trade him to the Nets.

NBA-GMaster
07-02-2012, 01:03 AM
I wish Commish Stern will give a punishment for Dwight's loud mouth..

shep33
07-02-2012, 01:06 AM
If Brooklyn gets Joe Johnson, there is no way Howard can sign there right? Am I missing something?

Avenged
07-02-2012, 01:07 AM
I will sticky this. Anything involving Dwight with a link still needs it's own thread. Any speculation or trade ideas will go here though.

King P
07-02-2012, 01:08 AM
True but teams still contacted the Magic about a potential trade after a report came out stating he told to GM to trade him to the Nets.
Yes, but he didn't come out and say that he only wants to play for the Nets.

Now he has. That makes a huge difference

BigCityofDreams
07-02-2012, 01:11 AM
^^^^^ True but we all knew that before. I guess this just makes it official.

jmoney85
07-02-2012, 01:13 AM
for the love of god work something out.... even if orlando doesnt like our package get a three way deal done or something... jesus christ I cant take this **** anymore

agureghian
07-02-2012, 01:21 AM
:facepalm:

Theschrems101
07-02-2012, 01:24 AM
I think Stern should tell the Nets he will rig the draft to give them the #1 pick next year if they publicly come out and say they dont want him

Allusion
07-02-2012, 01:31 AM
I think the Lakers should still go after Howard. I believe D12 is just not happy with his current team. Give him a year with the Lakers then he could and would probably completely change his mind about only signing with one team.

This is a what a "hurt" and angry player says right now. He wants out, once he has his team (Lakers) he will play a season and hopefully get far (finals or ring) and decide this is my best chance at winning. Plus the fans will love him.

BigCityofDreams
07-02-2012, 01:32 AM
I think the Lakers should still go after Howard. I believe D12 is just not happy with his current team. Give him a year with the Lakers then he could and would probably completely change his mind about only signing with one team.

This is a what a "hurt" and angry player says right now. He wants out, once he has his team (Lakers) he will play a season and hopefully get far (finals or ring) and decide this is my best chance at winning. Plus the fans will love him.

To big of a risk and through out the season the LA media would ask him if he is staying. It would be a huge distraction to the team.

Allusion
07-02-2012, 01:37 AM
Well. True, but i mean its Dwight Howard. Him and Kobe would be crazy. Bynum is good but imagine having howard with kobe. He would dominate even more then he already does. I know he would love the feeling of teams not on his nuts everytime he touches the ball.

I still believe give him a year with the lakers and he would resign.

Allusion
07-02-2012, 01:39 AM
Nets are trying to fill their cap. So if they do.. howard would have to suck it up. He wont be going to the nets.

BigCityofDreams
07-02-2012, 01:44 AM
Well. True, but i mean its Dwight Howard. Him and Kobe would be crazy. Bynum is good but imagine having howard with kobe. He would dominate even more then he already does. I know he would love the feeling of teams not on his nuts everytime he touches the ball.

I still believe give him a year with the lakers and he would resign.

I hear you loud and clear but boy it's so hard to do because if someone has their mind made up and won't budge the best salesmen in the world can't sell them on anything.

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-02-2012, 01:47 AM
To big of a risk and through out the season the LA media would ask him if he is staying. It would be a huge distraction to the team.

Nah, Kobe will protect Dwight and just tell the media to go **** off like he always does. That's why I love Kobe. He did it for Pau this yr with all the trade rumors, hell, he's even told the media to get off LeBron's sack after the whole Decision thing.

Kobe will make Dwight feel right at home.

BigCityofDreams
07-02-2012, 01:51 AM
He would try but it would still be an issue. LA needs Dwight to commit it can't happen any other way. It would be crazy for him to be traded to the Lakers n then walk next yr.

Donuts365
07-02-2012, 01:53 AM
remember nets still have amnesty clause to sign dwight later on if dont have cap room to get him

tnewkirk
07-02-2012, 01:53 AM
Nah, Kobe will protect Dwight and just tell the media to go **** off like he always does. That's why I love Kobe. He did it for Pau this yr with all the trade rumors, hell, he's even told the media to get off LeBron's sack after the whole Decision thing.

Kobe will make Dwight feel right at home.

finally an expert, people you gotta learn from this guy.

shep33
07-02-2012, 01:57 AM
remember nets still have amnesty clause to sign dwight later on if dont have cap room to get him

Still doesn't work. Unless they trade for Joe Johnson and amnesty him the following year lol.

Joe Johnson... the man with the 1 year $90 million contract

BigCityofDreams
07-02-2012, 01:57 AM

Didn't they amnesty Outlaw?

Allusion
07-02-2012, 02:00 AM
Nets aren't getting howard if they sign these FA. This being said if lakers get Howard. I honestly believe that he would stay. He wouldn't be going to any better team, he is going to be the face of one of the best franchises in history.

Lakers offer howard so much. In potential and winning. With kobe there howard would be a dumbass to become a media target again. They need to trade for him Howard would love to avoid the media targeting again... With him signing an ext with LA.

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-02-2012, 02:05 AM
Didn't they amnesty Outlaw?

Yes, we did.

Theschrems101
07-02-2012, 02:07 AM

To use amnesty clause a player must have been under contract with the team during the lockout. Petro is the Only player they can amnesty and he only makes 3.5 million

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-02-2012, 02:07 AM
Nets aren't getting howard if they sign these FA. This being said if lakers get Howard. I honestly believe that he would stay. He wouldn't be going to any better team, he is going to be the face of one of the best franchises in history.

Lakers offer howard so much. In potential and winning. With kobe there howard would be a dumbass to become a media target again. They need to trade for him Howard would love to avoid the media targeting again... With him signing an ext with LA.

Again I have to explain this, it is known around the league Dwight does not want to follow in the foot steps of Shaq. He wants to create his own legacy as well as be the #1 option.

He has denied signing an extension with the Lakers twice already, I think it has become clear he does not want to be in LA.

sunsfan88
07-02-2012, 02:10 AM
Why didn't Dwight opt out in February so he can become a FA now?

Donuts365
07-02-2012, 02:17 AM
i dnt get it nets offering their whole team for johnson how have no cap they will have 4 players signed if d will stay

Donuts365
07-02-2012, 02:18 AM
Didn't they amnesty Outlaw? you serious?

Donuts365
07-02-2012, 02:21 AM
billy king has got to be the worse gm ever i forgot about outlaw just to sign ****ing shawne williams why isnt he fired yet

Allusion
07-02-2012, 02:22 AM
Again I have to explain this, it is known around the league Dwight does not want to follow in the foot steps of Shaq. He wants to create his own legacy as well as be the #1 option.

He has denied signing an extension with the Lakers twice already, I think it has become clear he does not want to be in LA.

Again he already failed with his "own legacy" he needs to go to a contender with another superstar if he wants to win. He can continue one of the greatest legacy in history. Would be really stupid to pass up on the opportunity to play for the Lakers. He basically screwed the nets opting in his contract.

SouthSideRookie
07-02-2012, 02:22 AM

It depends if you actually believe the guy, seeing that he tends to talk from both sides of his mouth I wouldn't really believe anything he says. He showed his hand last trading deadline on what's really more important to him...actions speak louder than words.

Personally i don't really want him on the Rockets, I hope the Magic trade him to the highest bidder and not the "one team on his list", give him a big taste of reality Orlando.

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-02-2012, 02:25 AM
Again he already failed with his "own legacy" he needs to go to a contender with another superstar if he wants to win. He can continue one of the greatest legacy in history. Would be really stupid to pass up on the opportunity to play for the Lakers. He basically screwed the nets opting in his contract.

So going to Brooklyn and playing with DWill wouldnt be playing with a star? Being the face of the Brooklyn Nets wouldnt give him a chance to start his own legacy? I'm not sure what you're getting at here.

Allusion
07-02-2012, 02:27 AM
So going to Brooklyn and playing with DWill wouldnt be playing with a star? Being the face of the Brooklyn Nets wouldnt give him a chance to start his own legacy? I'm not sure what you're getting at here.

Well that is true that he would be playing with a star. My point is, if the nets get JJ and other to jam cap space. Means he has no way of going to that team. So other then the Nets and Lakers going to another team to "build" a legacy makes no sense.

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-02-2012, 02:34 AM
Well that is true that he would be playing with a star. My point is, if the nets get JJ and other to jam cap space. Means he has no way of going to that team. So other then the Nets and Lakers going to another team to "build" a legacy makes no sense.

Ill bring up a few of my former quotes about JJ to explain to you instead of just retyping it:

From everything I have put together from this, I think this trade is a bluff, a fabrication.

I think this is a way to put pressure on Orlando. Nets are the only team out their that can give them cap relief, a center, a promising young player, and picks. The Magics options are limiting by the day , especially with Houston out.

Both GMs aren't that stupid, if the Nets had an offer to take Johnsons contract I think the Hawks would do it in a minute, they'd free up space to give Josh Smith the Max, and add more youth to the team with a OJ Mayo and a FA SF.

This info maybe being leaked out on purpose, like the Melodrama stuff.

It makes more sense to me then limiting our space to do anything for the next 4 years.

And I think the Nets know Howard wants them, they're trying every angle they can to get full leverage, and Dwight is helping out as well.

LA_Raiders
07-02-2012, 02:38 AM
lol

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-02-2012, 02:39 AM
lol

Ah, tell us more.

C-Style
07-02-2012, 02:52 AM

Do you think this had something to do with it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrL11eDEHJc&feature=related

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-02-2012, 02:57 AM
Do you think this had something to do with it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrL11eDEHJc&feature=related

I believe Dwight had only been in the league for only a year at that point.

But anyway, no, its because he doesnt want to be in the shadow of Shaq.

shep33
07-02-2012, 03:26 AM
I believe Dwight had only been in the league for only a year at that point.

But anyway, no, its because he doesnt want to be in the shadow of Shaq.

Yeah I agree about him not wanting to be in Shaq's shadow. I mean people saying that it's because of "Kobe being a ballhog/bad teammate" just doesn't add up.

If he says he wants to play with the Nets, and the Nets only... well then he's also saying that he doesn't want to play with Lebron, Wade, Durant, Russy, Dirk, Melo, CP3, Love, and every other star in the NBA outside of Deron.

xnick5757
07-02-2012, 05:18 AM
Dwight Howard told Yahoo! Sports on Sunday that he would only re-sign with one team, and Adrian Wojnarowski writes that multiple sources believe that team is the Nets. Howard has demanded a trade and this puts the onus on any team that's interested in him to risk losing him after he plays out the final year of his contract. Of course, it's a power play to scare away other teams and land in Brooklyn, who is probably the favorite to land his services. The Magic can huff and puff about holding him or trading him to the highest bidder, but like the Nuggets with Carmelo Anthony they have no leverage -- and the Nets don't appear to be as stupid as the Knicks were, and Howard doesn't have the working relationship with the Magic that Carmelo did with Masai Ujiri.

Thought the part about the Knicks was funny

Chill_Will_24
07-02-2012, 07:45 AM
It depends if you actually believe the guy, seeing that he tends to talk from both sides of his mouth I wouldn't really believe anything he says. He showed his hand last trading deadline on what's really more important to him...actions speak louder than words.

Personally i don't really want him on the Rockets, I hope the Magic trade him to the highest bidder and not the "one team on his list", give him a big taste of reality Orlando.

This is the first time that Howard has ever been quoted as saying something like this. He never publicly demanded a trade or mentioned the Nets or even acknowledged his "list". Everything else was just crap from sources.

I think if you dont believe him now your in denial

StarvingKnick22
07-02-2012, 07:58 AM
thanks bro.

goshhhjosh
07-02-2012, 08:36 AM
This makes NBA players sound like a bunch of babies. They only want to go to certain teams, will only re-sign with one team, etc. Be thankful you're playing against the best competition on the planet and the fact that you're getting a crap ton of money to play a sport you supposedly love.

LongIslandIcedZ
07-02-2012, 08:46 AM
Golden State being willing to rent Howard is pretty huge. They can almost certainly make a better offer than NJ. Interesting at the very least.

tcav701
07-02-2012, 08:47 AM
I really dont understand why anyone other than Brooklyn thinks they have a shot here.

MagicBucsSox
07-02-2012, 08:53 AM
I really dont understand why anyone other than Brooklyn thinks they have a shot here.

I don't Understand ppl saying we have no leverage, we have ALL the leverage

MagicHero3
07-02-2012, 08:59 AM
I understand that he is the biggest name on the market,

But I see 4 DH 12 threads on the 1st page alone.

Can a mod please merge all the Dwight Howard threads here?

1) Dwight to LA
2) Philly+ GS Want Dwight
3) Charles on Dwight
4) Dwight appealing opt in
5) Jammer+ Dwight altercation
6) Magic Begin Trade Talk for Dwight..

Get the point?

Thanks!

OP is angry bc there arent 10 heat threads going on at the same time anymore... so he sees 5 Dwight threads immediately becomes jealous.

LongIslandIcedZ
07-02-2012, 09:03 AM
I don't Understand ppl saying we have no leverage, we have ALL the leverage

The only leverage I see that Orlando has is the ability to trade Dwight to a team that is just willing to rent him. The number of teams willing to rent him seems pretty low, and that gives Dwight a decent amount of leverage. Orlando has a little bit more leverage than Denver did with Melo because they'd be renting out Dwight for a year as opposed to half a year. It's just my opinion I guess, but I'd say Dwight has a majority of the leverage.

Punk
07-02-2012, 09:29 AM
Dwight Howard told Yahoo! Sports on Sunday that he would only re-sign with one team, and Adrian Wojnarowski writes that multiple sources believe that team is the Nets. Howard has demanded a trade and this puts the onus on any team that's interested in him to risk losing him after he plays out the final year of his contract. Of course, it's a power play to scare away other teams and land in Brooklyn, who is probably the favorite to land his services. The Magic can huff and puff about holding him or trading him to the highest bidder, but like the Nuggets with Carmelo Anthony they have no leverage -- and the Nets don't appear to be as stupid as the Knicks were, and Howard doesn't have the working relationship with the Magic that Carmelo did with Masai Ujiri.

Thought the part about the Knicks was funny
It's true. As much as PSD killed Carmelo for the Denver thing, he made sure that they got something in return and didn't mind waiting a year to rebuild the roster around him and Amare.

Dwight on the other hand doesn't care about what the Magic get. If he did, he should have taken the potential draft day trade to Houston and walk to Brooklyn or get traded their by this year's deadline.

He's made himself look worse than any star asking out of their franchise in ALL sports.

VinceCarter
07-02-2012, 09:43 AM
Ill bring up a few of my former quotes about JJ to explain to you instead of just retyping it:

Glad somebody else understands this JJ trade is just to put the pressure on Orlando.

Heatcheck
07-02-2012, 10:20 AM
LET HIM WALK!!

Put your money where your mouth is and leave 20+ Million on the table.
As much as people like to write it off like he'll make that in sponsorships or whatever, in the real world thats a SHITLOAD of cash.

You want what you want? well, we want what we want.

And life goes on, you have a ****** year (like the year they got dwight) and rebuild.

Badluck33
07-02-2012, 10:46 AM
Brian K. Schmitz ‏@MagicInsider
Dwight Howard tells Yahoo! he'll "play out season" so he can be a free agent and go to team he wants.

D-Block21-Chito
07-02-2012, 11:04 AM
^ That's out of yesterdays article on yahoo. Old repeated news

shep33
07-02-2012, 11:13 AM
Brian K. Schmitz ‏@MagicInsider
Dwight Howard tells Yahoo! he'll "play out season" so he can be a free agent and go to team he wants.

See this just contradicts his whole position. If he wants the Nets and Orlando doesn't deal him there and lets him walk, well then Brooklyn probably won't have the cap room to sign him outright. So then he'll likely have to choose another NBA team.

BigCityofDreams
07-02-2012, 11:17 AM
See this just contradicts his whole position. If he wants the Nets and Orlando doesn't deal him there and lets him walk, well then Brooklyn probably won't have the cap room to sign him outright. So then he'll likely have to choose another NBA team.

Broussard basically said the same thing. You can't make the Nets sit around for another yr and wait for Dwight.

shep33
07-02-2012, 11:20 AM
A league source said the Nets are determined "not to wait around" for a Howard deal to materialize, as they did in December and at the March trade deadline. CBSSports.com

A source close to the situation confirmed reports that Howard requested a trade yet again Friday, telling new Magic general manager Rob Hennigan that he wanted out during a meeting in Los Angeles. The source said the Magic are open for business on trade calls now, and various reports indicate that talks are heating up with the Hawks, Lakers and Nets. SI.com

League sources believe the Johnson-to-Brooklyn deal has a strong chance of happening in the next 48 hours. If it does, it just goes to show you that you can have any collective bargaining agreement you want -- there's still no substitute for having one of the richest men on the planet own your basketball team. CBSSports.com

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

EasternStar
07-02-2012, 11:29 AM
It's Brooklyn or Bust for Dwight and D-Will. (5)

celtNYpatsHeels
07-02-2012, 11:36 AM
I think that every NBA player needs to sit down and watch the Dream Team special and realize that the NBA and basketball in general needs to return to its glory days.

Every summer it is equally ridiculous. Its always superstar X is demanding a trade to team Y or team Z and if he doesnt get his way he will throw a sissy fit. NBA is in the *******

DRose01
07-02-2012, 11:41 AM
If that Joe johnson to the Nets happens in the next 48 hours as reported Dwight can start looknig for another city. Looks like Brooklyn won't wait on his flip-flopping. And he can't go back to Orlando this year to play out the season, he'll get eaten alive by the media and the fans day in and day out. Dwight has put himself into problems.

EasternStar
07-02-2012, 11:45 AM
If that Joe johnson to the Nets happens in the next 48 hours as reported Dwight can start looknig for another city. Looks like Brooklyn won't wait on his flip-flopping. And he can't go back to Orlando this year to play out the season, he'll get eaten alive by the media and the fans day in and day out. Dwight has put himself into problems.

I think by looking at these reports, the Nets are riling up the Magic to cave in and trade Dwight to Brooklyn now then later. If its true that Dwight will not re-sign with any team, Orlando would be forced to trade him and by the Nets re-signing D-Will and the JJ trade not happening, the Nets would be able to get Dwight by trade, just throwing it out there. (Hides)

Rain City
07-02-2012, 11:49 AM
I hope D Will signs with the Mavs.

I dont think i can find the words to describe how annoyed i am with D12.... His accumalative actions are way worse than Lebron's decision... He alone has probably turned people away from the NBA.

SiteWolf
07-02-2012, 11:58 AM
If all NBA fans were asked whether they like Howard as much now as 2 years ago, would any of them say yes?

I'm so sick and tired of a system that allows players to hold their teams hostage.

Dwight, who exactly do the Nets have that the Magic should want?

'I didn't say blackmail. I know what blackmail means. I'm still willing to blackmail the team that drafted me, but that's not what I call it' ...what DO you call it, Dwight?

DRose01
07-02-2012, 11:58 AM
I think by looking at these reports, the Nets are riling up the Magic to cave in and trade Dwight to Brooklyn now then later. If its true that Dwight will not re-sign with any team, Orlando would be forced to trade him and by the Nets re-signing D-Will and the JJ trade not happening, the Nets would be able to get Dwight by trade, just throwing it out there. (Hides)

As long as there are teams wlling to rent him for a year, the magic have the leverage not Dwight. And those other teams all have better packages than Brooklyn. I believe Orlando already turned down what Brooklyn had to offer earlier at the trade deadline. I just hope Orlando screws Dwight haha.

BigCityofDreams
07-02-2012, 12:03 PM
If all NBA fans were asked whether they like Howard as much now as 2 years ago, would any of them say yes?

I'm so sick and tired of a system that allows players to hold their teams hostage.

Dwight, who exactly do the Nets have that the Magic should want?

'I didn't say blackmail. I know what blackmail means. I'm still willing to blackmail the team that drafted me, but that's not what I call it' ...what DO you call it, Dwight?

Lopez, Brooks, and picks

lilchuckdoubles
07-02-2012, 12:05 PM
I think that every NBA player needs to sit down and watch the Dream Team special and realize that the NBA and basketball in general needs to return to its glory days.

Every summer it is equally ridiculous. Its always superstar X is demanding a trade to team Y or team Z and if he doesnt get his way he will throw a sissy fit. NBA is in the *******

I think(well I hope) that this is just this particular generation of players that are brats. The younger guys like Durant, Rose, Griffen, Love don't seem to be like this, where as guys like Lebron, Dwight and Carmelo just want everything handed to them.

Rain City
07-02-2012, 12:11 PM
I think(well I hope) that this is just this particular generation of players that are brats. The younger guys like Durant, Rose, Griffen, Love don't seem to be like this, where as guys like Lebron, Dwight and Carmelo just want everything handed to them.

throw CP3 into that 2nd group, dont buy the squeaky clean image, hes a primadonna

EasternStar
07-02-2012, 12:14 PM
As long as there are teams wlling to rent him for a year, the magic have the leverage not Dwight. And those other teams all have better packages than Brooklyn. I believe Orlando already turned down what Brooklyn had to offer earlier at the trade deadline. I just hope Orlando screws Dwight haha.

I don's see teams wanting to give up assets just renting Dwight and not re-signing him. That would be the worse for your franchise. Look at Carmelo in Denver, wanted Knicks, but Nets had better offer, but Anthony had power and that caused the Nuggets to give Melo what he wanted. If your Orlando, what would you want from your franchise? Letting Dwight go with NOTHING, or getting assets with a really good, healthy Lopez, rising talent Marshon Brooks, and draft picks, while getting rid of J-Rich or Hedo's contracts? YEAH, i thought so.

Tmath
07-02-2012, 12:21 PM
As much as Dwight is an *******, Magic should of traded him before the deadline last season. Dwight obviously always wanted to go to the Nets, Magic knew that, now Nets don't have all the assets they had last season so Magic are forced to take a lesser offer.

djohn2oo8
07-02-2012, 12:24 PM
I don's see teams wanting to give up assets just renting Dwight and not re-signing him. That would be the worse for your franchise. Look at Carmelo in Denver, wanted Knicks, but Nets had better offer, but Anthony had power and that caused the Nuggets to give Melo what he wanted. If your Orlando, what would you want from your franchise? Letting Dwight go with NOTHING, or getting assets with a really good, healthy Lopez, rising talent Marshon Brooks, and draft picks, while getting rid of J-Rich or Hedo's contracts? YEAH, i thought so.

Teams like the Rockets would do it because Dwight proved he blinked once by opting in, trade for him and dare him to take less money, he'll blink again and sign long term. The Nets have ZERO assets. Lopez is nothing but a soft ***** who averages 3 DRPG, lol being 7 ft and averaging just 3 defensive rebounds per game, he's soft and passive. The Nets no longer have room to tang on Hedo or J-Rich. Sorry bub.

EasternStar
07-02-2012, 12:25 PM
As much as Dwight is an *******, Magic should of traded him before the deadline last season. Dwight obviously always wanted to go to the Nets, Magic knew that, now Nets don't have all the assets they had last season so Magic are forced to take a lesser offer.

You can't tell me that the Nets can make a 3-team deal in order to get Dwight? Your just saying that because of think of an Orlando-nets only trade. I can see a T-Wolves or Bucks, Magic, and Nets deal that can send Dwight to Brooklyn this month or before the season starts in 3 months.

EasternStar
07-02-2012, 12:29 PM
Teams like the Rockets would do it because Dwight proved he blinked once by opting in, trade for him and dare him to take less money, he'll blink again and sign long term. The Nets have ZERO assets. Lopez is nothing but a soft ***** who averages 3 DRPG, lol being 7 ft and averaging just 3 defensive rebounds per game, he's soft and passive. The Nets no longer have room to tang on Hedo or J-Rich. Sorry bub.

Its better than getting nothing. Houston is not getting Howard. LOOK, they payed frigging Asik ***** load of $$$$$ like R.Kelly throwing money like paper. Lopez is better than average. He's not a great rebounder, but can improve in the coming years. If that's the case of J-Rich and Hedo's contracts, than so be it, we'll talk about other Magic players with Dwight not named Anderson, Davis, etc.

djohn2oo8
07-02-2012, 12:30 PM
You can't tell me that the Nets can make a 3-team deal in order to get Dwight? Your just saying that because of think of an Orlando-nets only trade. I can see a T-Wolves or Bucks, Magic, and Nets deal that can send Dwight to Brooklyn this month or before the season starts in 3 months.

lol with none of those teams having anything to offer Orlando.

djohn2oo8
07-02-2012, 12:32 PM
Its better than getting nothing. Houston is not getting Howard. LOOK, they payed frigging Asik ***** load of $$$$$ like R.Kelly throwing money like paper. Lopez is better than average. He's not a great rebounder, but can improve in the coming years. If that's the case of J-Rich and Hedo's contracts, than so be it, we'll talk about other Magic players with Dwight not named Anderson, Davis, etc.

8.3 mil per season. Overpaid, yes. But they're still determined to get Howard too. Houston has a better chance of landing Dwight and keeping him then the Nets do. And if Billy King trades for Joe Johnson, say bye bye to Dwight for good.

EasternStar
07-02-2012, 12:45 PM
8.3 mil per season. Overpaid, yes. But they're still determined to get Howard too. Houston has a better chance of landing Dwight and keeping him then the Nets do. And if Billy King trades for Joe Johnson, say bye bye to Dwight for good.

To me, the JJ situation is just to pressure Magic to trade Dwight. Houston, agree has better package, but I still don't think they get Dwight without Dwight signature on the paper on his next contract. Jeez, I've said this about 4 times now. Also, Dwight has made it clear that he'll re-sign with one team (if you didn't hear it on Yahoo!sports) that is The Brooklyn Nets.

EasternStar
07-02-2012, 12:46 PM
lol with none of those teams having anything to offer Orlando.
Players, draft picks, cap relief. U don't know that. I do believe if a Dwight trade to Nets happens, its a 3-team deal. (Hides)

djohn2oo8
07-02-2012, 12:57 PM
To me, the JJ situation is just to pressure Magic to trade Dwight. Houston, agree has better package, but I still don't think they get Dwight without Dwight signature on the paper on his next contract. Jeez, I've said this about 4 times now. Also, Dwight has made it clear that he'll re-sign with one team (if you didn't hear it on Yahoo!sports) that is The Brooklyn Nets.

I've made it clear as well. When Dwight was about to be traded at the deadline, he was going to Houston, they knew they'd have to convince him to resign then. But Dwight opted in because he wanted to be traded to the Nets and be able to sign a birds rights max extension, which he could not sign with the Nets because Houston would have held his bird rights. They believe, if he is traded to Houston, he will resign because that money means alot to him. If it didn't, then he would have opted out.

shep33
07-02-2012, 01:06 PM
Anybody see Henigan's interview just now? It's on NBA.com if you guys want to check it out.

He did acknowledge that D12 wants to be in Brooklyn, but when asked on a possible trade to Brooklyn, his answer was always the same: "We're going to do what's best for our franchise"

He said this like 8 times lol. This is going to be interesting.

MagicHero3
if we trade Dwight and Hedo doesnt go with him, i will FREAK OUT.

C-Style
Someone needs to post the new article from yahoo...

Magic's new GM, spoke about the situation, he said he told Dwight that he needs time to think about what he's telling him, he also goes on to say that he has to do whats best for the team moving forward.

EasternStar
07-02-2012, 01:08 PM
Anybody see Henigan's interview just now? It's on NBA.com if you guys want to check it out.

He did acknowledge that D12 wants to be in Brooklyn, but when asked on a possible trade to Brooklyn, his answer was always the same: "We're going to do what's best for our franchise"

He said this like 8 times lol. This is going to be interesting.

But "what's best for the franchise" is not going to be trading Howard without commitment to another team (which Dwight said Brooklyn face to face with Henigan). Its Brooklyn and all of U guys know it!

EasternStar
07-02-2012, 01:09 PM
if we trade Dwight and Hedo doesnt go with him, i will FREAK OUT.

I'll be celebrating if that deal happends. Love the sign by the Way. :cool:

C-Style
07-02-2012, 01:12 PM
Someone needs to post the new article from yahoo...

Magic's new GM, spoke about the situation, he said he told Dwight that he needs time to think about what he's telling him, he also goes on to say that he has to do whats best for the team moving forward.

shep33
07-02-2012, 01:12 PM
But "what's best for the franchise" is not going to be trading Howard without commitment to another team (which Dwight said Brooklyn face to face with Henigan). Its Brooklyn and all of U guys know it!

Reports are still out that G-State and Houston would do a Howard rental without a commitment.

EasternStar
07-02-2012, 01:13 PM
I've made it clear as well. When Dwight was about to be traded at the deadline, he was going to Houston, they knew they'd have to convince him to resign then. But Dwight opted in because he wanted to be traded to the Nets and be able to sign a birds rights max extension, which he could not sign with the Nets because Houston would have held his bird rights. They believe, if he is traded to Houston, he will resign because that money means alot to him. If it didn't, then he would have opted out.

Its was the Lakers. Dwight didn't want to, got scared, and opted-in. Man, this PSD war with u is tiring my fingers.:laugh2:

EasternStar
07-02-2012, 01:16 PM
Reports are still out that G-State and Houston would do a Howard rental without a commitment.

G-State is bluffing and they tried to do it last year. I doubt they do it. Houston, listen, they payed "The Turk" Asik $$$$$. Also, they could have traded the draft picks they had one week ago, but decide not to because, they know there not going to keep Dwight. So these reports have no legs to it.

ElChinoLatino
07-02-2012, 01:19 PM

Didn't they used their Amnesty Clause for Travis Outlaw?

C-Style
07-02-2012, 01:21 PM
Its was the Lakers. Dwight didn't want to, got scared, and opted-in. Man, this PSD war with u is tiring my fingers.:laugh2:

a Magic fan here on PSD(different thread) just told us it was Houston. Not sure where he got that from I thought it was the Lakers.

ck despo
07-02-2012, 01:22 PM
G-State is bluffing and they tried to do it last year. I doubt they do it. Houston, listen, they payed "The Turk" Asik $$$$$. Also, they could have traded the draft picks they had one week ago, but decide not to because, they know there not going to keep Dwight. So these reports have no legs to it.

All you keep saying is that nobody is going to trade for dwight because he said he only wants to go to BK. However, multiple sources from people who actually know what they are talking about are saying the Lakers, Rockets, and GS are still heavily interested in "renting" him and hoping he will resign. I'm gonna go ahead and trust ESPN more than you're claims that teams are "bluffing" just because you want him to go to BK. Sorry dude, but the Nets have nothing to offer.

djohn2oo8
07-02-2012, 01:24 PM
a Magic fan here on PSD(different thread) just told us it was Houston. Not sure where he got that from I thought it was the Lakers.

In March, the Rockets remained steadfast in their willingness to “rent” Howard and stayed involved in talks with the Magic. At the Toyota Center on trade deadline day after the dust cleared, I was told that Rockets GM Daryl Morey was the last one standing in the Howard chase. Weeks later I was informed that when Rockets front office personnel called it a night in the wee hours of the morning of the trade deadline, they believed they were going to land Howard later that day. The 6-foot-11 center reversed course and agreed to not exercise his opt-out clause to become a free agent, instead staying with the Magic for another year.

It wasn’t until this week that we could say it definitively — multiple sources tell ClutchFans that had Dwight not opted in, he was coming to Houston in a trade.

(If I could add here some speculation — while no one has told me this, it’s been my theory since the deadline that the Rockets nearing in on a trade for Howard may have played a role in Dwight’s decision to not opt-out and instead stay an extra year in Orlando. By being traded to a “rental” team like the Rockets at the deadline, any chance of getting the max years and max raises from a team on Howard’s preferred list would have been killed. He either would have to get that from Houston, or take less from someone else — sign-and-trades no longer give the best of both worlds, as they did under the old CBA. By staying another year in Orlando, Howard bought more time to work a trade to a team he chooses. End theory.)

http://rockets.clutchfans.net/2668/dwight-howard-houston-rockets/

Stinkyoutsider
07-02-2012, 01:25 PM
What are the Magic waiting for? Get this guy out of town! Take whatever you can get and start building the Magic up again. They need to also dump Hedo, Glen Davis, and Jason Richardson.

The Magic are bent on keeping a competitve team so they can pay those Amway Center bills but they insist on keeping a guy (Howard) who has told them in every way he can (without being the bad guy) that he's not going to come back.

tnewkirk
07-02-2012, 01:28 PM
dwight is soft, he should have been a man and not opted in, he would have been a fa right now signing with brooklyn. instead he gave up his freedom and now looks like a douche saying he wont resign anywhere else.

EasternStar
07-02-2012, 01:40 PM
All you keep saying is that nobody is going to trade for dwight because he said he only wants to go to BK. However, multiple sources from people who actually know what they are talking about are saying the Lakers, Rockets, and GS are still heavily interested in "renting" him and hoping he will resign. I'm gonna go ahead and trust ESPN more than you're claims that teams are "bluffing" just because you want him to go to BK. Sorry dude, but the Nets have nothing to offer.

It's G-State or Houston call. If they want to screw their franchise by giving their assets without Dwight re-signing there, then they don't know how to build teams. Its not my call, its my opinion and yes, I'm a Nets fan, NJ or BRK, it doesn't matter. I want Howard, by what it looks likes and what was in the past leads me to thinking the Nets will eventually land Dwight in trade or FA in 2013 "barring a trade for JJ".

EasternStar
07-02-2012, 01:42 PM
dwight is soft, he should have been a man and not opted in, he would have been a fa right now signing with brooklyn. instead he gave up his freedom and now looks like a douche saying he wont resign anywhere else.

When I heard that he did that in March, I was pissed out of my mind, now, I'm in a normal state. :)

SouthSideRookie
07-02-2012, 01:46 PM
This is the first time that Howard has ever been quoted as saying something like this. He never publicly demanded a trade or mentioned the Nets or even acknowledged his "list". Everything else was just crap from sources.

I think if you dont believe him now your in denial

Chill you really believe anything Dwight says, cmon you're better than that.

If reports are acurate about Morey talking to the Magic then im sure that he is banking on this, Dwight can say all he wants but like I said, actions speak louder than words. I honestly think if he was to be traded to the Rockets for example he would eventually change his tune and sign a long term deal. I do however think he would likely start *****ing again and become a distraction on wanting to go elsewhere once he has his deal inked.

Even if the Rockets sign Asik they can still trade for Dwight.

Dade County
07-02-2012, 01:52 PM

Why does it make him look like a "douche" because he doesn't want to sign with anyone else :confused:

Are you against players playing for who they want to play for?

tnewkirk
07-02-2012, 01:55 PM
Why does it make him look like a "douche" because he doesn't want to sign with anyone else :confused:

like i said he should have opted out and none of this would be happening.

EasternStar
07-02-2012, 01:56 PM
Chill you really believe anything Dwight says, cmon you're better than that.

If reports are acurate about Morey talking to the Magic then im sure that he is banking on this, Dwight can say all he wants but like I said, actions speak louder than words. I honestly think if he was to be traded to the Rockets for example he would eventually change his tune and sign a long term deal. I do however think he would likely start *****ing again and become a distraction on wanting to go elsewhere once he has his deal inked.

Even if the Rockets sign Asik they can still trade for Dwight.

If u paid Dalembert 6 million, I would agree with you, but paying Asik 8 MILLION! I just don't see it. If they really wanted Dwight, they should have trade more pieces and there draft picks while the draft was coming. Now, its unlikely.

ldawg
07-02-2012, 02:21 PM
Who is more responsible for this Howard tragic? Its common knowledge Howard wants out of Magic. Now like a school girl he could not make up is mind he went back and forth all year but it has been steady he wants out. I know it was hard or is hard for Magic to do that but it must be done. It should have been done at the dead line but instead they are back were the started and even worst they they let it went on way to long and had to fire one of the better coaches and the GM lost his job as well. Screwed up the whole organization. As for Howard he is still a pain in their you know what. Why dont they just trade him already. Players should not have all this power. There is no turning back at this point so just get it over with. Word out is he will be move in the next few weeks why not the next few days better yet hours. Good lord look at the offers and pic the best one so you can go into the season with a team. By the time you trade Howard all the players will be under contract. Howard must be right about you guys. You have been dancing around this music way to long. The music has already stop and the band has boarded the bus get off the dance floor. Build your team move on.

asandhu23
07-02-2012, 02:22 PM
tragedy?

Sadds The Gr8
07-02-2012, 02:23 PM
it became his fault when he opted-in like a ****in dumbass

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-02-2012, 02:30 PM
Its not unlikely houstons got the money and can use asik as a back up for one year if dwight stays trade him he is a valueable young center.... If dwight leaves well then you still have asik as a center

smiddy012
07-02-2012, 02:30 PM
DH tragic? Gosh PSD is the place where spelling and grammar go to die.

C_Mund
07-02-2012, 02:31 PM
He should have said that he had no intentions to re-sign with the Magic and either finished out his contract with Orlando or whoever they traded him to. You know, like a normal person.

PrettyBoyJ
07-02-2012, 02:35 PM
Im tired of hearing about Howard.. He brought this upon himself. He could have simply played out his contract and been a FA this summer

Dade County
07-02-2012, 02:36 PM
Their is a Howard thread.

JerseyPalahniuk
07-02-2012, 03:01 PM
ESPN, Twitter, NBA Forums

imagine what "drama" went down before social media began documenting every single whisper made from anyone within 5 relations of the player...

Phenomenonsense
07-02-2012, 03:02 PM
Their is a Howard thread.

Not sure if witty or just as dumb.

jmoney85
07-02-2012, 03:03 PM
it became his fault when he opted-in like a ****in dumbass

this

zB_#85
07-02-2012, 03:14 PM
I would say there is plenty of blame to go around, but his agent for sure should be fired.

If I'm an athlete, I am staying away from Dwight's agent lol. This guy didn't make himself any new clients with the way he's allowed Dwight to handle this! And even if he's been advising Dwight to do things and Dwights not listening, I'd quit when he signed the extension. That would have been last straw for me lol.

ck despo
07-02-2012, 03:16 PM

I think most of us are growing very tired of primadonna players thinking that they are entitled to doing whatever they want and going where ever they feel like. They are players. They are employed by teams, not the other way around. It's time that an organization took a stand and said, "ya know what, we don't care where you want to play. We are going to do what's best for us, and we could care less if it makes you happy or not." Not to mention that Dwight doesn't want to go to places that have already won championships, established dynastys, etc. because he knows he can't live up to his own hype. He doesn't wanna go to Houston because he will never live up to Hakeem. He doesn't wanna go to LA cause he will never live up to Shaq. He has the mentality of a scared little boy.

nbrod
07-02-2012, 03:19 PM
Howard. He should have let the magic trade him at the deadline

ldawg
07-02-2012, 03:19 PM
He was pretty stupid but he must have gotten the word on the secret that it rains gold in Brooklyn. Dude is to hell bent on going there he cant think clearly. Someone need to pimp slap this fool. But Tragic i mean Magic is dragging this out way to long now they are starting to go down the drain.

ldawg
07-02-2012, 03:23 PM
Not Only did Magic mess up their season last year they are about to repeat it. Right now they dont know how their team is going to look so they cant target players.

MagicHero3
07-02-2012, 03:26 PM
I cant believe Dwight said "only one team ill sign an ext with". That REALLY screws the Magic over on the different bidders for him. We should trade him to the worst team possible.... oh wait, he already requested a trade to brooklyn.

nbrod
07-02-2012, 03:28 PM

It makes him look like a douche because by saying he only wants to go to one team it makes other teams not want to trade for him. It completely screws over the magic because no one will offer anything good for him

sunsfan88
07-02-2012, 03:35 PM
That's a horrible poll.

Yes its Howard's fault but not for the reasons you mentioned.

Its his fault because he opted in when he could have done nothing and became a FA now. He didn't opt out and now he's being a lil b**ch about it.

Its his fault for opting in. Dwight signed a contract with Orlando and there's ABSOLUTELY NOTHING wrong with Orlando expecting him to honor it.

nate2usmc
07-02-2012, 03:40 PM
Dwight has sabotaged the Magic big time. He was better off playing out his contract or stuck to his guns of getting traded. He is an idiot.

That said, I don't get what's wrong with a player saying he will only sign an extension with a certain team or if he doesn't wanna stay with a certain team. How is that primadonna??!! What the hell happened to free will? I get it that these guys are millionaires but they still can't be crucified for doing what they want WHEN they are eligible to do so.

ldawg
07-02-2012, 03:43 PM
Yes he op in but it does not change the fact he wants to leave. He was pretty stupid for that. In the mean time Magic know he does not want to be there its their job to trade him and they should have rid themselves long time ago. They knew when he op in it was only going to prolong the drama. Dont forget after that coach and gm got fired I am sure that made things worst for Howard people saying its all your fault.

ldawg
07-02-2012, 03:48 PM
Howard op in his way out of Brooklyn.... Its pretty funny because dude could have been a free agent. Magic was pretty clever in getting what they wanted but the time is now to trade him. Net had a hard time winning games no way if i am magic i take back their trash.

jmoney85
07-02-2012, 03:49 PM
It makes him look like a douche because by saying he only wants to go to one team it makes other teams not want to trade for him. It completely screws over the magic because no one will offer anything good for him

he shouldnt be forced to sign an extension with a team that he doesnt want to be with cmon now

MagicHero3
07-02-2012, 03:51 PM
Howard is an idiot. What if he got traded to a team other than the Nets, and then made it to the finals by chance? obviously, he would sign an ext. so "saying" that he wont actually means NOTHING. I am just shocked that the only team he wants to sign an ext with happens to be one of the top 3 worst teams in the league right now. Shoot, i'd rather be traded to the Bobcats than the Nets.

jmoney85
07-02-2012, 03:53 PM
Howard is an idiot. What if he got traded to a team other than the Nets, and then made it to the finals by chance? obviously, he would sign an ext. so "saying" that he wont actually means NOTHING. I am just shocked that the only team he wants to sign an ext with happens to be one of the top 3 worst teams in the league right now. Shoot, i'd rather be traded to the Bobcats than the Nets.

clown post bro

tbone2171
07-02-2012, 03:55 PM
Not sure if witty or just as dumb.

:laugh2:

MagicHero3
07-02-2012, 04:08 PM
when otis decided to bring Hedo back, it was his fault. When he decided to reconstruct the team that made it to the finals, it was his fault.

MagicHero3
07-02-2012, 04:09 PM
clown post bro

i see you reached the maximum limit of your basketball IQ on this post, congrats! :clap:

D12 fan
07-02-2012, 04:09 PM
If Brooklyn trades for Joe Johnson they will be eliminated as a trade partner.I think Dwight will be forced to choose the Lakers over Hou,GS,Philly.

BigCityofDreams
07-02-2012, 04:11 PM

The Bobcats???? Because of MJ right

maddBat
07-02-2012, 04:12 PM
otis smith. imagine he took our original offer. pick. lopez. marshon/morrow?
could have been h.barnes. but he held too long n screwed us over so we paniced and traded 4 wallace. now they have less to choose from. :rolleyes:

jmoney85
07-02-2012, 04:14 PM
i see you reached the maximum limit of your basketball IQ on this post, congrats! :clap:

I lost brain cells reading your previous post.... you are just a mad magic fan that babbles

maddBat
07-02-2012, 04:14 PM
he should have said that he had no intentions to re-sign with the magic and either finished out his contract with orlando or whoever they traded him to. You know, like a normal person.

lol

MagicHero3
07-02-2012, 04:25 PM
I lost brain cells reading your previous post.... you are just a mad magic fan that babbles

lol im sorry that you lost brain cells, they must have been precious considering you probably dont have many in there already. maybe you should just ignore posts instead of baiting.

MagicHero3
07-02-2012, 04:27 PM
The Bobcats???? Because of MJ right

haha no, they have a younger squad, more potential for the future. MJ is proof great players dont make great GMs.

ManRam
07-02-2012, 04:27 PM
Both are at fault, but I place more of it on Dwight.

Sure, the team hasn't done enough the past few years to put a championship contending team around him, but the team was just that for a few years prior. They went all in to continue to get better in the short term, and then meant adding contract. That's now coming back to hurt them. Was it the right move? Probably not. But the only way to get back to the top really is to be a bit patient now. Dwight isn't patient, and that's his prerogative I guess. But how he's handled that has been piss poor.

Also, we don't know if SVG was fired because of Dwight or not...but that perhaps was handled poorly too. Martins at times has acted unprofessional.

It's hard to bring in a star when the key pieces to your championship runs (Lewis, Nelson, Hedo etc) are older and expensive. When you maintain a level of success that the Magic have (top 5 winningest team over the last 6 years) you aren't going to easily accumulate cheap young talent. Look at how OKC, Miami, Chicago even Boston etc. have reached the top: high draft picks and huge amounts of cap space. That was the Magic's formula too a long time ago (Howard #1 overall, big FA signings). They just peaked and now have to save face. It's not an overnight fix.

Dwight has every right to want to leave...it's just how he's handled it that's the problem. If you want to leave, so be it. Just do it in a normal/proper manner. This waffling, this team-chemistry killing and his earlier desire to play GM and act above the entire franchise were horrible. Just play out your contract, or if you want a trade ask for one and move on. The team doesn't have to respect that request...and he needs to realize that.

jmoney85
07-02-2012, 04:33 PM
lol im sorry that you lost brain cells, they must have been precious considering you probably dont have many in there already. maybe you should just ignore posts instead of baiting.

I wasnt baiting, I was calling you out for a terrible post....

Im pretty sure I have more brain cells than you since I have a BS in Computer Science and graduated with a 3.8 gpa

JPS
07-02-2012, 04:37 PM

I think most of us are growing very tired of primadonna players thinking that they are entitled to doing whatever they want and going where ever they feel like. They are players. They are employed by teams, not the other way around. It's time that an organization took a stand and said, "ya know what, we don't care where you want to play. We are going to do what's best for us, and we could care less if it makes you happy or not." Not to mention that Dwight doesn't want to go to places that have already won championships, established dynastys, etc. because he knows he can't live up to his own hype. He doesn't wanna go to Houston because he will never live up to Hakeem. He doesn't wanna go to LA cause he will never live up to Shaq. He has the mentality of a scared little boy.

What you are saying did happen the first 50 years of the league. Players have more power now. Good for them.

BigCityofDreams
07-02-2012, 04:39 PM
haha no, they have a younger squad, more potential for the future. MJ is proof great players dont make great GMs.

Great point.

I'm not a fan of some of their players tho: Henderson, Walker,

D12 fan
07-02-2012, 04:40 PM
I read somewhere that the Clippers might me emerging as another team Dwight might sign with.They said Bledsoe/Jordan/Butler for Dwight could be a possible deal.Can you imagine the Clippers with Dwight/Blake with Cp3 running the show.

MagicHero3
07-02-2012, 04:40 PM
I wasnt baiting, I was calling you out for a terrible post....

Im pretty sure I have more brain cells than you since I have a BS in Computer Science and graduated with a 3.8 gpa

lolol :clap: what a great final post ill ever have to read from this guy.

jmoney85
07-02-2012, 04:50 PM
lolol :clap: what a great final post ill ever have to read from this guy.

its ok ... you will be in witness protection when dwight leaves

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-02-2012, 04:50 PM
I read somewhere that the Clippers might me emerging as another team Dwight might sign with.They said Bledsoe/Jordan/Butler for Dwight could be a possible deal.Can you imagine the Clippers with Dwight/Blake with Cp3 running the show.

If Bledsoe, Jordan, and Butler could get it done then Brook Lopez, Marshon, picks, and cap relief CERTAINLY can.

MagicHero3
07-02-2012, 04:51 PM

I pray that the magic dont consider that deal at all. If hes goin to the Clips, you know Blake would be involved in that trade.

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-02-2012, 04:52 PM
David Aldridge:
Despite Dwight Howard's desire to go to Brooklyn, there's currently no Nets deal that interests Orlando, according to source. Story up soon. 3 minutes ago

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-02-2012, 04:54 PM

Butler is another horrible contract. They already have horrible contracts in Turk, Duhon, QRich and FatBaby. They don't want an old, aging, declining and injury prone bad contract.

Bledsoe is a nice piece, but Blake HAS to be part of the deal, or Orlando gets raped very ver very HARD!

MagicHero3
07-02-2012, 04:56 PM
David Aldridge:
Despite Dwight Howard's desire to go to Brooklyn, there's currently no Nets deal that interests Orlando, according to source. Story up soon. 3 minutes ago

if thats true, then looks like someone will be renting Dwight this season

BigDFan85
07-02-2012, 04:57 PM
Why bother to even trade for him now if he's only going to resign with one team, whoever it is. Just wait a year and get him for the 4 year $75 million max so if his back gives out you're not on the hook for 5 years $100 million.

DR_1
07-02-2012, 04:57 PM
Just send him to Milwaukee, that's punishment enough.

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-02-2012, 04:58 PM
if thats true, then looks like someone will be renting Dwight this season

Nah, he's staying with the team he gets traded to IMO. Once Nets re-sign DWill and GWall and trade for JJ, free agency to Brooklyn next summer is out of the question for Dwight.

EasternStar
07-02-2012, 04:59 PM
David Aldridge: 3 minutes ago

Orlando's people are such dicks. If they can get a deal with the Clippers, I think he'll go there.

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-02-2012, 05:01 PM
Orlando's people are such dicks. If they can get a deal with the Clippers, I think he'll go there.

In the Clipper deal, you either include Blake or no deal. That just doesn't make sense for Orlando. They already have bad contracts in Turk, Qrich, Duhon and Fat Baby. Why take on bad overrated contracts of Butler and DeAndre?

meloman1592
If he somehow gets to the clippers without them giving up blake, the clippers will dominate the west for the next 5 years...as in nobody will beat them...no not even okc

JOhnnyTHaJet
Nah, he's staying with the team he gets traded to IMO. Once Nets re-sign DWill and GWall and trade for JJ, free agency to Brooklyn next summer is out of the question for Dwight.

Since when is JJ to the Nets official? Everyone around here is acting like hes on our roster currently.

DRose01
07-02-2012, 05:02 PM
Ric Bucher was just on ESPNews and he said that if and when Deron Williams signs with the Nets, they'll pull the trigger on a Joe Johnson deal to show they are serious about building around Williams. that should end the Dwight to Brooklyn move.

ndfightirish12
07-02-2012, 05:11 PM
Ric Bucher was just on ESPNews and he said that if and when Deron Williams signs with the Nets, they'll pull the trigger on a Joe Johnson deal to show they are serious about building around Williams. that should end the Dwight to Brooklyn move.

nets just traded for joe johnson

JollyRanch
07-02-2012, 05:12 PM
Dwight is approaching Lebron territory (without the ring)

ndfightirish12
the nets also got to keep marshon brooks and gerald green

JOhnnyTHaJet
Ouch, guess I spoke too soon.

The deal is basically done, not sure how to feel about it.

The deal is Anthony Morrow, Jordan Farmar, Jordan Williams, Johan Petro, a signed-and-traded DeShawn Stevenson and the Rockets 2013 lottery protected first round pick.

for Johnson.

This could get interesting now. Supposedly Wallace still hasnt officially signed his deal, so while Dwight to Brooklyn looks grim, he could be packaged with Lopez, and Marshon.

DRose01
07-02-2012, 05:16 PM
Ouch, guess I spoke too soon.

The deal is basically done, not sure how to feel about it.

The deal is Anthony Morrow, Jordan Farmar, Jordan Williams, Johan Petro, a signed-and-traded DeShawn Stevenson and the Rockets 2013 lottery protected first round pick.

for Johnson.

This could get interesting now. Supposedly Wallace still hasnt officially signed his deal, so while Dwight to Brooklyn looks grim, he could be packaged with Lopez, and Marshon.

They are saying the magic aren't really interested in anything Brooklyn has to offer, but there is really no point in the Nets keeping Brooks now. Maybe flip him for a PF.

Deron
JJ
Wallace
PF
Lopez

Robbw241
07-02-2012, 05:24 PM
yahhhhh Dwight, sorry we can't have you here in BK. Enjoy Orlando :)

jrm2054
07-02-2012, 05:24 PM
Worst deal ever give up a first round pick and players for that contract for.someone who won't make us contenders I hate Billy king

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-02-2012, 05:25 PM
They are saying the magic aren't really interested in anything Brooklyn has to offer, but there is really no point in the Nets keeping Brooks now. Maybe flip him for a PF.

Deron
JJ
Wallace
PF
Lopez

Marshon would be an exceptional talent off the bench. He's instant offense. I wouldnt trade him right now at all. While this might not seem so great, having Green and Brooks coming off the bench (Marshon rotating at PG/SG Green rotating at SG/SF) really gives us a nice punch.

If the Nets can get a solid defensive center to back up Brook or starting PF, I would be really happy with this team even with Johnsons bad contract.

ndfightirish12
07-02-2012, 05:26 PM
Worst deal ever give up a first round pick and players for that contract for.someone who won't make us contenders I hate Billy king

we still have our first rounder marshon and gerald green...where do we lose here?

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-02-2012, 05:27 PM

That contract is bad, really bad, BUT Joe Johnson is still a good player. Giving up expiring's , and a 1st round pick that probably doesnt have a chance to be worth anything of value (Houston pick) in the next few years just might be worth it.

Our front court is very good.

NYK|NYY
07-02-2012, 05:58 PM
For Dwight: http://youtu.be/XIX0ZDqDljA

Rockets Fanatic
07-02-2012, 06:10 PM
Now that it looks like the Nets are out of it, where the hell will he play?

spreadeagle
07-02-2012, 06:11 PM
Lakers for Bynum makes tons of sense for both sides

310Casper
D league, rotting.

God, i hope.

waveycrockett
I still think Brooklyn if Lopez plays well and we move him for expirings. After that I would say LA makes sense.

SACNYY
07-02-2012, 06:12 PM
Charlotte. I wish.

Dade County
07-02-2012, 06:14 PM
One of these teams.... book it! lol
'
'
Minnesota
Dallas
76ers
Boston

Nikeman
So many new DH threads ughhh, please merge them....

310Casper
Im appalled at how many people say the lakers should trade for him even if he doesn't sign an extension.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-02-2012, 06:15 PM
Orlando still.

KB-Pau-DH2012
Should have put up a poll.

Iron24th
LA makes sense but it doesn't guarantee it will happen.

KB-Pau-DH2012
Im appalled at how many people say the lakers should trade for him even if he doesn't sign an extension.

Where is he going to next summer?

310Casper
07-02-2012, 06:17 PM

Anywhere but LA. Dwight wants his own team....until Kobe retires, LA isnt for Dwight. Losing the 2nd best center for 1 season of the 1st best center is idiotic.

JasonJohnHorn
07-02-2012, 06:18 PM
Any team that is willing to give up talented players for a one-year rental is just not thinking. And the one team he wants, which seems to be the Nets, don't really have anything to offer. Both Lopez and Humphries are free agents this season so they'd have to agree to a sign and trade if they wanted to move these two players, which neither player may want to do. I can't believe Howard is appealing his opt-in either. That is just rediculous. SMH.

D12 fan
07-02-2012, 06:22 PM
Dwight will be a Laker,I mean who else will have capspace next summer?

Method28
07-02-2012, 06:23 PM
That doesnt leave much. Maybe the Clips can get into play without offering cp or griff

Dade County
07-02-2012, 06:24 PM

:confused:

Lol no one really knows...

But by your past post, you still think that if L.A makes a trade for him, he will be forced to resign with the Lakers, because Nj is not an option anymore....smh

You are trying to assume that Howard has your logic; any team that trades for Howard is only getting rental... The Lakers are no different.

Ebbs
07-02-2012, 06:24 PM
D league, rotting.

God, i hope.

I wish

Rockets Fanatic
07-02-2012, 06:25 PM
Atlanta

Iron24th
07-02-2012, 06:26 PM
That doesnt leave much. Maybe the Clips can get into play without offering cp or griff

Without offering CP3 or Blake?
Do you mean Orlando is stupid?

spreadeagle
07-02-2012, 06:26 PM
I still think Brooklyn if Lopez plays well and we move him for expirings. After that I would say LA makes sense.

dude I know im the 1000th person to say this to you, but explain to me how you pay Wallace who makes 10, Deron makes 17, JJ makes 18, Howard even with a paycut takes what 15 mil...thats your ENTIRE salary cap filled right there, how are you going to sign the other 10 players u need to fill out the roster..if you can convince me how this is possible I nominate you for BK G.M

NYMetropolitans
07-02-2012, 06:28 PM
Lakers I think...now that Nets are supposedly out of it.

dsonLAL24
07-02-2012, 06:28 PM
All roads are leading to LA.

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-02-2012, 06:30 PM
:confused:

Lol no one really knows...

But by your past post, you still think that if L.A makes a trade for him, he will be forced to resign with the Lakers, because Nj is not an option anymore....smh

You are trying to assume that Howard has your logic; any team that trades for Howard is only getting rental... The Lakers are no different.

Not forced. But if Dwight comes here, with Pau and Kobe, the Lakers will win the title. Yes, MIami is tough, but I put my money on a KB-Pau-DH trio to win the Lakers 17th championship.

He wins a championship and experiences a Laker parade down Figueroa (we do it the best baby!), and buddy boy will want to retire a L.A. Laker!

JIDsanity
07-02-2012, 06:31 PM
Lakers have way to much leaverage right now. I'd bet Orlando is gonna wait it out again

D12 fan
07-02-2012, 06:32 PM
Clips could also be a option.

wayne29
to the lakers for bynum17 that will be fye!!!!

Iron24th
Not forced. But if Dwight comes here, with Pau and Kobe, the Lakers will win the title. Yes, MIami is tough, but I put my money on a KB-Pau-DH trio to win the Lakers 17th championship.

He wins a championship and experiences a Laker parade down Figueroa (we do it the best baby!), and buddy boy will want to retire a L.A. Laker!

Love your optimism, but it's a long way to go.

D12 fan
07-02-2012, 06:34 PM
People stop Dwight will not leave LA,where is he gonna go?Brooklyn will not have the cap space.

Dwight would be a fool if he left LA for Hou/GS/Philly/etc.

kingkenny01
07-02-2012, 06:36 PM
Some random team is going to get a good rental on dwight, magic are not not getting any value for him no bynum, no brook lopez sad.

DerekRE_3
07-02-2012, 06:37 PM
I don't care. I just want him to be unhappy about it.

LongIslandIcedZ
07-02-2012, 06:38 PM

Deron
JJ
Wallace
PF
Lopez

Marshon would be an exceptional talent off the bench. He's instant offense. I wouldnt trade him right now at all. While this might not seem so great, having Green and Brooks coming off the bench (Marshon rotating at PG/SG Green rotating at SG/SF) really gives us a nice punch.

If the Nets can get a solid defensive center to back up Brook or starting PF, I would be really happy with this team even with Johnsons bad contract.

Marshon Brooks seems tailer made as a 6th man. Its too early for me to bash this trade so I'm gonna let it play out first.

Mr Costanza
07-02-2012, 06:39 PM
He's the joke of pro sports right now but I'm sure there are 30 teams in the nba that would take him in with open arms.

MTL_123
07-02-2012, 06:39 PM
Nets.....Orlando is gonna cave and just send him to the nets

AIverson
07-02-2012, 06:44 PM
People stop Dwight will not leave LA,where is he gonna go?Brooklyn will not have the cap space.

Dwight would be a fool if he left LA for Hou/GS/Philly/etc.

That's the thing - Dwight is a fool! There's no telling what this dude is gonna do. He said he won't re-sign with any team other than the Nets and that he will just play out his contract and test free agency if not traded there. Offering Bynum would be a huge gamble on LA's part. If it were me, I wouldn't do that deal. It's just not worth it.

Gritz
07-02-2012, 06:45 PM
Orlando

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-02-2012, 06:50 PM
Marshon Brooks seems tailer made as a 6th man. Its too early for me to bash this trade so I'm gonna let it play out first.

In terms of instant offense, definitely, if he can develop some defense in the next few years he'd be Harden lite.

Teeboy1487
07-02-2012, 06:53 PM
D league, rotting.

God, i hope.

bringbackfredex
07-02-2012, 06:55 PM
Now that the big market of Brooklyn is out, don't be surprised if he ends up in Philadelphia. It's another big market, and it's a team who can give up the most out of anyone for him. If the new ownership can convince him to sign an extension, a package of Holiday/Iggy/Young is more than they would get from anyone else...

Structures
07-02-2012, 06:57 PM
Golden State, both LA teams, and Houston seem like the only places Howard could potentially end up this summer, via trade.

If he was traded to GS I dont see what's so bad about it. The bay area is nice and he could be the face of the franchise.

I dont think he would want to re-sign with the lakers (when you think lakers, you think Shaq/Kobe/Magic....) I doubt he wants that.

The clippers dont have the assets to get a deal done (unless Griffin is included). But out of all the teams he's been rumored to be traded to (other than the nets). I could see D12 signing and extension with the clippers. Obviously the franchise hasn't done anything significant....ever. So he could start fresh there.

Houston has a nice package but very unlikely he re-signs.

Dwight has brought this situation onto himself. All I know is that I want him traded so these rumors can stop until next summer at least.

jrm2054
07-02-2012, 06:57 PM
That contract is bad, really bad, BUT Joe Johnson is still a good player. Giving up expiring's , and a 1st round pick that probably doesnt have a chance to be worth anything of value (Houston pick) in the next few years just might be worth it.

Our front court is very good.

no way we wion a title with deron wallace and JJ we will be a 3-7 seed and out by the second round every year. Like i said earlier id rather lose deron not get JJ and suck till we build through the draft then be stuck where we are now for the next 6 years

jrm2054
07-02-2012, 06:59 PM
we still have our first rounder marshon and gerald green...where do we lose here?

no cap not a championship team doomed to playoffs with no rings for the next 5 years

koberulesall
07-02-2012, 07:03 PM
ITS SO FUNNY THAT THE LAKER HATERS ON THIS WEBSITE ARE SCARED TO SAY HES GOING TO LA LOL! SORRY LEBRON BUT IF THIS HAPPENS LOOKS LIKE YOUR STUCK WITH HALF A RING(half a season so its only half a ring like tim duncan has 4 1/2 rings get it?)

cbreezy34
07-02-2012, 07:04 PM
I say Philly.... its funny everyone still acts like were a joke yet we have more attractive young options then any of these other teams. Why the hell should the Magic care where he goes... they shoudl just be focused on getting the most young assets. The nets are virtually out now with Joe Johnson on the books... they have no tradeable assets.. the Lakers can trade Bynum but im not sure why that still hasn't happened.

justinnum1
07-02-2012, 07:07 PM
atlanta
windhorst
Considering Atlanta is home + friends Josh Smith & Anthony Morrow are Hawks, new option for Dwight Howard?

bringbackfredex
07-02-2012, 07:07 PM
I say Philly.... its funny everyone still acts like were a joke yet we have more attractive young options then any of these other teams. Why the hell should the Magic care where he goes... they shoudl just be focused on getting the most young assets. The nets are virtually out now with Joe Johnson on the books... they have no tradeable assets.. the Lakers can trade Bynum but im not sure why that still hasn't happened.

Like I said, it's a win for both sides because the Sixers want to put people in the seats and it's a big market for Howard to go to and not be hated like LeBron. Now that the only team he would sign an extension with is out, who knows what's going to happen. The Sixers just won't blow their team up for one year of Howard.

LTBaByyy
07-02-2012, 07:11 PM
"@RicBucher: Source: With Nets out of equation, Mavs go to top of Dwight Howard's wish list. No other teams - Lakers included - on it. For now."

dhopisthename
07-02-2012, 07:12 PM
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=736340

GREATNESS ONE
07-02-2012, 07:12 PM
LOL @ Bucher.

jrm2054
07-02-2012, 07:13 PM
hopefully deron go to make King look even worse

justinnum1
bucher? lmao

mavs have no assets.

ManRam
I mean, it makes sense.

Dallas has literally NOTHING to offer though. All they have are expiring contracts...and Dwight himself is an expiring contract. Can't see it happening.

Poor Dwight :laugh:

Vinylman
ric bucher :facepalm:

Ryan328
07-02-2012, 07:14 PM
Just read Dallas is the only team on Howard's list for now, but what can they give up for him?

Nikeman
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=736340

Dirk+Dwight=amazing front line fit, with Dwight owning the post and Dirk mid-range.

Pair a decent guard or two with them and they are right up there in the West.

Williams/Dwight/Dirk in the Big D?

lakerboy
Welcome to LA, Dwight :)

ThunderousDemon
lol

Pakman
Bucher is far from reliable. What can Dallas offer? Seriously? Dwight is as dumb as they come. He'd rather go to Dallas over LA. I don't get it.

amos1er
LOL @ Bucher.

^^

This.

Bucher is a joke...he is never right. Don't know how he still has a job.

*Silver&Black*
07-02-2012, 07:15 PM
Stop making up teams ESPN. Trying to make up news.

ThunderousDemon
Send his punk *** to the Bobcats already. :laugh2:

justinnum1
dwight is stuck. he will probably just end up going to the lakers or maybe atlanta

justinnum1
07-02-2012, 07:16 PM
Send his punk *** to the Bobcats already. :laugh2:

dwight for bismack

MiamiBoy77
07-02-2012, 07:16 PM
Stop making up teams ESPN. Trying to make up news.

this.

AYozzy
07-02-2012, 07:17 PM
Hawks fo shoooo

rwynyc
07-02-2012, 07:17 PM
^^

This.

Bucher is a joke...he is never right. Don't know how he still has a job.

Your signature is not even remotely funny. You should def change it

ThunderousDemon
07-02-2012, 07:19 PM
Via Jared Dudley

I don't wanna get in Dwight Howard's business but lol Why would you wanna play for the Nets over teams such as the Lakers,Bulls, and Mavs

Bigbadmoffo
07-02-2012, 07:20 PM
I mean, it makes sense.

Dallas has literally NOTHING to offer though. All they have are expiring contracts...and Dwight himself is an expiring contract. Can't see it happening.

Poor Dwight :laugh:

Will sign with Dallas and wait for Dwight next year.

*Silver&Black*
07-02-2012, 07:21 PM
You can tell ESPN is making this crap up. Dallas is losing out on Deron, oh wait, Dirk and Dwight? Yes! Let's run with that.

Don't want to face the facts that Magic will prob keep Dwight or he will now go to his hometown, freshly cap friendly, Hawks.

TheBatchelor213
07-02-2012, 07:22 PM
You guys can delete this post if you want but come on.....it makes sense, and it does not involve trading Blake.

With CP3 recently turning down the 3 yr 60 mill extension from the Clips its obvious his mind is on playing for the Knicks. Nobody leaves that much money on the table, especially risking injury, without having some secular motive to play elsewhere which begs the question.....why not swap the two stars? Howard for Paul? In doing so the Clippers could then turn around and orchestrate a sgn & trade for Nash featuring Deondre Jordan as the center piece and adding a potential first. Thats better then anything the Suns would get for Nash unless it was Nash himself resigning.

From the Magic standpoint they get a pick and a super star that they can then turn around and swap mid season if they so choose and from the Clippers standpoint.....they turn themselves into the team to beat in the NBA.

ThunderousDemon
07-02-2012, 07:22 PM
Will sign with Dallas and wait for Dwight next year.

Hey, it's Nostradumbass!!

djeller1139
07-02-2012, 07:23 PM
Atl

*Silver&Black*
07-02-2012, 07:23 PM
Chad Ford:

Prob best option RT @WindhorstESPN: Considering Atlanta is home + friends Josh Smith & Morrow are Hawks, new option for Dwight Howard?

amos1er
07-02-2012, 07:25 PM
Your signature is not even remotely funny. You should def change it

Everyone's a critic. :rolleyes:

ManRam
07-02-2012, 07:25 PM
Maybe because the two teams aren't talking about it :shrug:

I mean, LAC has pieces...but it makes sense why they wouldn't be interested. Unless they're CERTAIN Dwight will sign long term there, it's not at all worth it to trade assets for him.

Howard for Paul doesn't make sense either... because I assure you that one, probably even both, would decide not to sign long term for their new teams.

LT.CARDWISIE
07-02-2012, 07:26 PM
^Love the sig

Punk
07-02-2012, 07:27 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if It's true. This guy is the ultimate troll.