PDA

View Full Version : DWill Meeting with Dallas First

Mr.B
07-01-2012, 11:09 PM
I would say that this is very good news for the Mavs. If he was already dead set on signing with the Nets he wouldn't even give Dallas the time of day at this point.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/sources-dwill-to-meet-mavs-first-683088.html

justinnum1
07-01-2012, 11:15 PM
i would day it doesn't mean ****

gatkins11
07-01-2012, 11:16 PM
i would day it doesn't mean ****

Of course you would.

Avenged
Wade did this to Chicago. Could mean a lot or could mean nothing.

KingsOfQueens
Expected.

I hope I'm wrong but I think he stays with the Nets.

netsgiantsyanks
07-01-2012, 11:17 PM
it could mean that he's gone, or it could mean jack ****.

'in b4 he mad comments'

Dankster
^^I agree with Justin, especially knowing the interview is being conducted in New York. And the guy has been playing golf in the Hamptons with J-Kidd for the past week; there's just too many smoke signals currently to definitively know which team has the upper hand.

Metsboi69
I'd argue the second (and last) meeting is a better sign. Well see what happens, also Rick Carlyle and company are going to be in NY to see him, he aint going to Dallas.

Shareeb_omac2
07-01-2012, 11:19 PM
Who knows what is going to happen at this point. Brooklyn looks desperate with the Joe Johnson talks. Then again, all signs have pointed to him and Kidd going to play together with the Nets. I just don't think he truley knows yet. If he knew he was going to sign with the Nets he would just say it.

Shareeb_omac2
07-01-2012, 11:21 PM
I'd argue the second (and last) meeting is a better sign. Well see what happens, also Rick Carlyle and company are going to be in NY to see him, he aint going to Dallas.

Well it wouldn't make much sense to travel to Dallas and make the Nets come out there...

2 of the 3 parties involved are already in New York.

thekmp211
07-01-2012, 11:22 PM
whatever

LTBaByyy
07-01-2012, 11:50 PM
Saw that while the Mavs are meeting with D Will, the Nets will meet with Steve Nash before their meeting with Deron

Shareeb_omac2
07-01-2012, 11:55 PM
Carlisle also had dinner with Deron's ex-teamate/friend CJ Miles in New York today.

marj987
07-02-2012, 12:00 AM
He's going to brooklyn, meeting with the Nets second, is just a scary feeling, so I say he stays with the nets, but I don't really care though, cause if I could have a second favorite team, it would be the Nets.

Shareeb_omac2
07-02-2012, 12:03 AM
I think most people feel like he is leaning to the Nets but at the same time I think the Mavs are still a strong option. I doubt anything is set yet.

jrm2054
07-02-2012, 12:04 AM
i think it favors the nets he is doing dallas first to hear them out so he just dont meet nets and say signing.

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-02-2012, 12:27 AM
I think it favors neither team, DWill is hearing out the Mavs. If he is convinced enough by the end of the meeting, he'll go back and either hear out the Nets or tell the Nets he's a Mav.

If not he's a Net.

LA_Raiders
07-02-2012, 12:32 AM
Bad news for NY...

Whomewhome
07-02-2012, 01:25 AM
So far all the signs point to Brooklyn, this is merely a courtesy meeting to decline...

Max.This
07-02-2012, 01:31 AM
it all boils down to the future of Dwight. If Dwight is dealt to nets than Deron will most likely be a net. If not, then the best option for him is the mavs

waveycrockett
07-02-2012, 01:37 AM
He's going to brooklyn, meeting with the Nets second, is just a scary feeling, so I say he stays with the nets, but I don't really care though, cause if I could have a second favorite team, it would be the Nets.

Welcome aboard brother. If you know any Mavs or Knicks fans who need to be converted as well bring them along.

NBA-GMaster
07-02-2012, 01:50 AM
Hmm.. Dwill to Mavs and Dwight to Rockets.. GO TEXAS!!

marj987
07-02-2012, 04:50 AM
Welcome aboard brother. If you know any Mavs or Knicks fans who need to be converted as well bring them along.

I'm not bandwagoner I just really like the Nets, you can really say I'm a brook Lopez fan, BUT GO MAVS!

jd25213
07-02-2012, 09:17 AM
Hmm.. Dwill to Mavs and Dwight to Rockets.. GO TEXAS!!

You know Dwight has now come out and said there is only one team he'd play for. He wouldn't say who, but we know who it is ;)

kdspurman
07-02-2012, 09:34 AM
Doubt it means anything. I think he's just doing his due diligence.

VinceCarter
07-02-2012, 09:37 AM
Who knows what is going to happen at this point. Brooklyn looks desperate with the Joe Johnson talks. Then again, all signs have pointed to him and Kidd going to play together with the Nets. I just don't think he truley knows yet. If he knew he was going to sign with the Nets he would just say it.

The Joe Johnson talks are just to scare Orlando into dealing Howard to the Nets quicker. Because if the Nets went through with Johnson the package would be that much worse for Dwight AND we wouldn't be able to take back a contract like Hedo.

netsgiantsyanks
07-02-2012, 09:46 AM
The Joe Johnson talks are just to scare Orlando into dealing Howard to the Nets quicker. Because if the Nets went through with Johnson the package would be that much worse for Dwight AND we wouldn't be able to take back a contract like Hedo.

i ****ing hope it is.

ball4reel
07-02-2012, 10:05 AM
With the signing of G-Force and D Howard crying like a baby for BK, I would say its a good chance he is staying with the Nets...

ball4reel
07-02-2012, 10:07 AM
D-Will
Brooks
G-Force
Hedo
D Howard

Scary Team

StarvingKnick22
07-02-2012, 10:08 AM
he really needs to go to Dallas

king4day
07-02-2012, 10:08 AM
I think it would mean more if he visited them last. This will avoid the akwardness rather then him having to say, "ummm, now I need to evaluate my options".
Seeing Dallas first allows him to tell Cuban, "let me talk to the Nets now and then I'll decide".

I see no way he changes his mind, especially after hearing Dwights recent talks of still only wanting to come to the Nets and refusing to sign anywhere else.

D-Block21-Chito
07-02-2012, 10:15 AM
I think it would mean more if he visited them last. This will avoid the akwardness rather then him having to say, "ummm, now I need to evaluate my options".
Seeing Dallas first allows him to tell Cuban, "let me talk to the Nets now and then I'll decide".

I see no way he changes his mind, especially after hearing Dwights recent talks of still only wanting to come to the Nets and refusing to sign anywhere else.

Well said..

JerseyPalahniuk
07-02-2012, 10:28 AM

FINALLY a Mavs fan who isn't just bashing the Nets and their fanbase. I've always rooted for the Mavs because I've loved Dirk and after Kidd was traded to them they because one of my favorite teams just to see Kidd win that ring. From all these anti-Nets Mavs posters here though I started to strongly dislike them but I think it'll calm down after/if Dwill resigns. Good luck getting another big name free agent if Dwill doesn't go there!

Evolution23
07-02-2012, 10:34 AM
D-Will
Brooks
G-Force
Hedo
D Howard

Scary Team

Yeah really scary but I think you forgot that the Nets will have to trade more than Brook Lopez to make it happen.

Rockice_8
07-02-2012, 11:38 AM
he really needs to go to Dallas

Knicks fans are praying that BK doesn't have D-Will/Dwight next year cause they'll be the better team.

Shareeb_omac2
07-02-2012, 12:12 PM
So this should be going down soon right?

AnthonyTyrael
07-02-2012, 12:20 PM
FINALLY a Mavs fan who isn't just bashing the Nets and their fanbase. I've always rooted for the Mavs because I've loved Dirk and after Kidd was traded to them they because one of my favorite teams just to see Kidd win that ring. From all these anti-Nets Mavs posters here though I started to strongly dislike them but I think it'll calm down after/if Dwill resigns. Good luck getting another big name free agent if Dwill doesn't go there!

If not, he'll come by so or so, because of the schedule and because it's his "neighbourhood". Let's see where he's headed to but yeah, Brooklyn seems to be the winner from the very first minute. on I just don't hope that he met with us just for politeness.

drobe86
07-02-2012, 12:38 PM
My thing is if he's going to the Nets just say so... If he meets with the Mavs and waste our time, and then signs with the Nets that's pure douchebaggery. We're the Dallas Mavericks and we've won a championship without him. We don't need him. If it's about money then just sign with the Nets already. If it's about your legacy, and winning a ring then we're listening. But I assure you the Mavs will be fine with or without Deron Williams.

AnthonyTyrael
07-02-2012, 12:53 PM
That's right but it's not like Brooklyn is the worst place on earth. New franchise, new arena.... a nemesis and rivalry in the Knicks... it's not all bad. Of course, there's no beach, no Mickey Mouse and of course there are no hollywood hills... but come on. Just for earning your money and doing your job, it's a much better place then the one I'm working at.

oak2455
07-02-2012, 01:15 PM
Knicks fans are praying that BK doesn't have D-Will/Dwight next year cause they'll be the better team.

These two are a coaches dream:clap:

JerseyPalahniuk
07-02-2012, 03:44 PM
My thing is if he's going to the Nets just say so... If he meets with the Mavs and waste our time, and then signs with the Nets that's pure douchebaggery. We're the Dallas Mavericks and we've won a championship without him. We don't need him. If it's about money then just sign with the Nets already. If it's about your legacy, and winning a ring then we're listening. But I assure you the Mavs will be fine with or without Deron Williams.

Wow. How a ring gets to your head. So free agents aren't allowed to meet with teams they are interested in? SO mad now that he's leaning towards the Nets huh?

waveycrockett
07-02-2012, 03:49 PM
These two are a coaches dream:clap:

Phil Jackson's dream. They fit together well :D

marj987
07-02-2012, 03:55 PM
I love my Mavs, and Im a sideline nets fan, and I really like d will and the way he plays, I've been watching ever since his rookie year, so I would be happy wherever he signs, and like I said and Anthony said, I assure you, mark Cuban will find away to make this team a contender.

marj987
07-02-2012, 03:57 PM
And if Dwill signs with them Kidd is likey gone as well, and that's ok! Cause we can sign younger point guards, like Dragic, or maybe even Lin, resign Roddy, west or terry, and somehow sign Anthony Randolph, and that alone can make us 5th in the western conference. And I see a bright future in Jared Cunningham.

marj987
07-02-2012, 03:58 PM
So I'm not tripping.

Tabbert
07-02-2012, 04:01 PM
Wow. How a ring gets to your head. So free agents aren't allowed to meet with teams they are interested in? SO mad now that he's leaning towards the Nets huh?

The Mavs would love to build around Williams, but if he doesn't come here.. it wont cripple our franchise like it would the nets. The Mavericks will always be relevant in the NBA with the current front office and Mark Cuban as the owner. A ring gets to your head? not only has Dallas Won a Championship, but they have been a model of consistency and a 50 + win team for over a decade. The nets have never even come close to reaching the level that Dallas is on.

If Williams doesn't sign with Dallas, we still have a superstar on our roster. If Wlliams leaves the nets, your franchise is moving into a new Arena, New Branding, etc, etc, without a single superstar. So, why would Mavs fans be mad?

ldawg
07-02-2012, 04:06 PM
He is going to be a net