PDA

View Full Version : Sixers and Warriors pursuing Dwight Howard as well

cbreezy34
07-01-2012, 11:05 PM
david pingalore ‏@pinglocal6
Heard from #nba insiders #magic dealing with #lakers #sixers #warriors #rockets on potential trades for @DwightHoward
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

Miami Heat ‏@IAmHeatNation
The #Sixers and #Warriors have also reached out to the #Magic about possible trade for Center Dwight Howard. #TradeTalk
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

tredigs
07-01-2012, 11:08 PM
Warriors? Highly doubt that. Got this guy named Andrew Bogut now.

Let's just stop with the Dwight Howard nonsense. Pick a team already; I really don't care where this douche goes.

gbrl
07-01-2012, 11:11 PM
doubt he'd sign an extension in philly

D12 fan
07-01-2012, 11:12 PM
Dwight will be a Laker,he's not signing with Philly,GS,Houston.

Avenged
07-01-2012, 11:17 PM
Every team should make it known they are interested. You never know, seeing as how fickle Dwight is, he might even say he will sign long term for a certain team.

Eagles4Life13
07-01-2012, 11:18 PM
Dwight will be a Laker,he's not signing with Philly,GS,Houston.

I highly doubt he will go to LA. I heard or read somewhere he does not want to play second hand to Kobe.

D12 fan
07-01-2012, 11:19 PM
I highly doubt he will go to LA. I heard or read somewhere he does not want to play second hand to Kobe.

Yeah but he has no leverage,either play with Kobe or rot in Philly,Hou,GS.

Chucky Woods
07-01-2012, 11:19 PM
If he goes to Philly, I doubt he signs a extension.
He will just Chamberlain them for L.A. or Brooklyn

49GiantWarriors
07-01-2012, 11:24 PM
I'm on the edge on if we should pursue Dwight because they are going to ask for Bogut and Thompson/Barnes. They would need to take Beans or Jefferson. He is most likely not going to stay here but if for some reason he signs an extension I don't want him to ask for trade requests notstop and asking to stay and then get traded again. He is bipolar and it would be very annoying. I don't want that on our team. He will ruin our franchises future. If he does come over hopefully his diva attitude gets behind him.

allknowing
07-01-2012, 11:24 PM
Lakers aren't getting him cause Bynum is not worth a better Dwight. And the Lakers won't add Gasol with Bynum, and take back the horrible contract in Hedo, which Orlando will demand. And no matter what he says, Dwight is not gonna walk away from the likes of whatever team he is dealt to, to take a MLE offer ( At best )..like a team like the Lakers, or Nets can offer him cause by next year, they will both be over the cap. Philly can offer the best deal cause not only can they deal a All-Star in Iggy....but likely a young up & comer in Thad Young, and Brand's final year contract while taking back Hedo in a trade. Neither the Lakers or Nets can offer that.

RowanJournalist
07-01-2012, 11:26 PM
I don't want Dwight, because I doubt we can keep him long term. If we could somehow lock him up, I'd be all for it, but after the trade, our roster would be stripped..

pd7631
07-01-2012, 11:29 PM

"rot in Philly"?

In case you haven't heard, the Sixers are one of the most historically significant franchises in league history(3rd most wins, 3rd most playoff appearances). We also have a great coach, new owners who have made it clear that they will stop at nothing to build a winner, and loads of young talent.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-01-2012, 11:29 PM
Don't matter if bynum ain't as good as dwight ... A dwight for bynum deal isn't gonna get turned down by otown cause there isn't a better deal imo

RowanJournalist
07-01-2012, 11:31 PM
"rot in Philly"?

In case you haven't heard, the Sixers are one of the most historically significant franchises in league history(3rd most wins, 3rd most playoff appearances). We also have a great coach, new owners who have made it clear that they will stop at nothing to build a winner, and loads of young talent.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

allknowing
07-01-2012, 11:32 PM
Don't matter if bynum ain't as good as dwight ... A dwight for bynum deal isn't gonna get turned down by otown cause there isn't a better deal imo

A deal for Iggy & Thad Young & Nikola Vucevic and a 1st rounder is far far better then a brittle Andrew Bynum son. Add to the fact that the Sixers could not only take back Hedo's bad deal, but Glen Davis bad deal as well. The Lakers can't offer that cause they don't have the expiring contracts or talent.

shep33
07-01-2012, 11:34 PM
If I'm the Warriors, I don't do it. They'll ask for Bogut, Barnes and Thompson in all likelihood

pd7631
07-01-2012, 11:35 PM
A deal for Iggy & Thad Young & Nikola Vucevic and a 1st rounder is far far better then a brittle Andrew Bynum son. Add to the fact that the Sixers could not only take back Hedo's bad deal, but Glen Davis bad deal as well. The Lakers can't offer that cause they don't have the expiring contracts or talent.

I'd imagine that if Dwight were to agree to sign an extension with us, it would only be if Iggy stayed.

RowanJournalist
07-01-2012, 11:35 PM
The Sixers have the pieces. If they pull off a deal and amnesty Brand's ridiculous contract, they'd have enough to offer Dwight a crazy extension.

Edit: Never mind. I'm an idiot. I was thinking Brand would be on the books next year

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-01-2012, 11:36 PM
"rot in Philly"?

Yes, but you haven't won a title in almost 30 yrs and have made only 1 finals appearance since your last title in 83 and that's because you had prime Iverson leading the Sixers in the weak east.

shep33
07-01-2012, 11:39 PM

I mean essentially Philly becomes Orlando then. Jrue and Evan will be the only good players left on that team. I don't think a trio of Jrue, Evan and Dwight will convince Howard to stay in all truth. Then what are the Sixers left with? The terrible contracts of Big Baby and Hedo?

Philly is better off as is imo.

allknowing
07-01-2012, 11:39 PM
Remember, as their own unrestricted free agents, the Sixers can also agree to sign & trade Hawes and Lou Williams to the Magic as well as Iggy, Thad, ect. No way can the Lakers come close to matching that.

Pakman
07-01-2012, 11:40 PM
"rot in Philly"?

Yes, but you haven't won a title in almost 30 yrs and have made only 1 finals appearance since your last title in 83 and that's because you had prime Iverson leading the Sixers in the weak east.good post.

Shkelqim
07-01-2012, 11:41 PM
The Sixers would be sick Jrue, ET and D12. It would be cool to pull it off

shep33
07-01-2012, 11:42 PM
Remember, as their own unrestricted free agents, the Sixers can also agree to sign & trade Hawes and Lou Williams to the Magic as well as Iggy, Thad, ect. No way can the Lakers come close to matching that.

Who says Hawes and Lou Williams want to go to Orlando?

pd7631
07-01-2012, 11:42 PM
Yes, but you haven't won a title in almost 30 yrs and have made only 1 finals appearance since your last title in 83 and that's because you had prime Iverson leading the Sixers in the weak east.

I'm not sure what you're going for here. Does any of what you said change what I said? No.

allknowing
07-01-2012, 11:43 PM
Nelson walked away, the Magic would LOVE to have Lou Williams in a trade for Dwight, along with a Iggy, a replacement Center in Hawes and multiple future 1st round picks. Oh, but Andrew Bynum and his 14 knee surgeries is better ( Sarcasm )

D12 fan
07-01-2012, 11:44 PM
The Sixers would be sick Jrue, ET and D12. It would be cool to pull it off

Really Jrue/Turner/Dwight is not beating Miami,Boston,Indiana.

KKell2507
07-01-2012, 11:44 PM
Philly has one of the best chances trade wise in working out a deal for Howard that the Magic would like as well. Only problem with Philly is if Dwight Howard would be willing to sign longterm. No way Philly does the deal without getting a signature on an extension. Trade wise though they can offer as good as the Magic is going to get.

Any combination of:
Andre Iguodala
Jrue Holiday
Thaddeus Young
Evan turner
Nik Vucevic
Lavoy Allen
Mo Harkless
Arnett Moultrie
Elton Brand(expiring contract to take back Orlandos bad contracts)
Cap Space(so money doesnt have to be even)
Picks

No one can offer a choice of 7 guys that are 23 or younger, an all star, a BIG expiring contract, or picks like the Sixers can. If Dwight agrees to extend and the Magic dont ask for an entire roster trade, I think a deal can very easily get done between the two. Howard signing extension is a BIG BIG if though.

pd7631
07-01-2012, 11:45 PM
Nelson walked away, the Magic would LOVE to have Lou Williams in a trade for Dwight, along with a Iggy, a replacement Center in Hawes and multiple future 1st round picks. Oh, but Andrew Bynum and his 14 knee surgeries is better ( Sarcasm )

Orlando may love to have him, but Lou is a FREE agent. If he doesn't want to play in Orlando, he's not agreeing to a sign and trade.

allknowing
07-01-2012, 11:47 PM
Orlando may love to have him, but Lou is a FREE agent. If he doesn't want to play in Orlando, he's not agreeing to a sign and trade.

True but why wouldn't he ? You know Lou only opted out cause he wants more money...said to be in the starting range os 6 to 7 million....less then what Nelson was going to make. But Lou has way more ability. No other team out their has the cap space or wantingness to give Lou more then that anyways.

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-01-2012, 11:49 PM
Jru, Iggy, Thad and 2 first round picks. Anything less than that and Orlando gets raped.

Punk
07-01-2012, 11:49 PM
I lol'd reading this for some reason.

Monta is beast
07-01-2012, 11:50 PM
If I'm the Warriors I would offer Bogut, Wright, & Thompson/Barnes. No way we give up both Thompson and Barnes, absolutely no way. And Howard would have to sign at least a three year extension.

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-01-2012, 11:53 PM
I'm not sure what you're going for here. Does any of what you said change what I said? No.

Yes, because Mo Cheeks, Moses, Julius and coach Cunningham aren't sprinting onto the court to help Dwight get a title.

49GiantWarriors
07-01-2012, 11:54 PM
You can't add players in a sign and trade with the free agent

pd7631
07-01-2012, 11:56 PM
Jru, Iggy, Thad and 2 first round picks. Anything less than that and Orlando gets raped.

And if that were what it took for Orlando to accept, Dwight would never sign an extension because we'd be left with nothing.

Turner
Brand(18mil expiring)
Harkless
Vucevic
1st round pick

for

Dwight
Turkoglu

I think that's fair for both sides. Orlando gets a few good young players, a future pick, and cap relief.

allknowing
You can't add players in a sign and trade with the free agent

Yes you can, if they are your own free agents, and you haven't renounced their rights.

BigBongTheory

Bynum is the best fit and best player Orlando could get for Howard yes, One could even say Bynum could do more offensively than Howard in Orlando, Could be far-fetched, but Bynum as a 2/3 option averaged 19ppg 12reb, Bynum would be a great fit for Orlando. With or without the increased offensive production.

pd7631
07-01-2012, 11:57 PM
Yes, because Mo Cheeks, Moses, Julius and coach Cunningham aren't sprinting onto the court to help Dwight get a title.

Again, this still does not change what I said.

DaddyCool
07-01-2012, 11:57 PM
Igoudala, Thad Young, Vuvecic, all the 1st rounders imaginable for Dwight and the Bass trade exception.

Amnesty Brand. Sign Deron!?!?

I wish. :(

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-02-2012, 12:04 AM
If I'm the Warriors I would offer Bogut, Wright, & Thompson/Barnes. No way we give up both Thompson and Barnes, absolutely no way. And Howard would have to sign at least a three year extension.

Bogut klay and wright and that's with dwight signing? HAHAHAHA LMAO

Worst deal ever lol that's a bad deal on a rental ..it would take the whole warrriors roster to make it even if dwight got traded there and agreed to extend lol

O and dwight never would agree to extend there so your whole post was super pointless

jrm2054
07-02-2012, 12:07 AM

how does he have no leverage he can walk at the end of the season no matter what happens. I he is traded to LA he just wont sign a extension and they wont trade for him with no extension

Monta is beast
07-02-2012, 12:07 AM
Bogut klay and wright and that's with dwight signing? HAHAHAHA LMAO

Worst deal ever lol that's a bad deal on a rental ..it would take the whole warrriors roster to make it even if dwight got traded there and agreed to extend lol

O and dwight never would agree to extend there so your whole post was super pointless

Your tripping If you think your getting more. Bogut is a top 5 Center, Thompson is one of the best young players in the league, and Wright has an expiring contract. We could add Jeremy Tyler & Draymond Green, but nothing more.

Curry-Jenkins
Rush-FA
Barnes-Jefferson
Lee-FA
Howard-Ezeli-Biedrins

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-02-2012, 12:14 AM
Bogut would be a top 5 center WOULD BE. If he wasn't injuried every year so no your wrong... Wrigh sucks and yea klay is good big deal... That's a good rental maybe but with dwight extended? Your nuts says dwight would extend anywhere we traded him that deal would be close to if not dead last...

The deal that teams like okc lakers hawks bulls kings could put together if dwight would extend would blow that bs of yours outta the water... Get real

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-02-2012, 12:16 AM
I'm basing my arguement of the fact you said that deal was IF he would extend with y'all lol number one he never would number 2 we could get double the talent and cap reilef is 20 other deals if dwight were to extend anywhere ...

As a rental your deal is ok that's it... With dwight signing? Its a joke

LA_Raiders
07-02-2012, 12:19 AM
Come on now. Orlando is going to take Bynum. a young talented C is a no brainer...

shep33
07-02-2012, 12:21 AM
Philly and Gstate are in a great positions moving forward. I'm sure Philly can get a nice package for Iggy, including a good pick, so why trade for Howard and take on bad contracts for a year of an unmotivated and perhaps injured Dwight Howard?

Brand is a huge expiring contract, and Iggy can perhaps get you another lottery pick.

As for Gstate, I love their potential with a Curry, Klay, Barnes, Lee and Bogut lineup. That's gonna be a fun team to watch (always are). Why give up any of those guys, who all seem like they'd want to be there for a Howard rental?

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-02-2012, 12:22 AM
I hope so better then these warrior fan clown offers

Trueblue2
07-02-2012, 12:23 AM

Wouldn't Hawes and Williams have to agree to go to Orlando for that to work? You can't just sign and trade a UFA to a team without them being on board with it.

Ashby
07-02-2012, 12:29 AM
Wouldn't Hawes and Williams have to agree to go to Orlando for that to work? You can't just sign and trade a UFA to a team without them being on board with it.

Would you be able to sign them with the intention of not trading them and then two weeks later, decide to trade them? Or is there some kind of rule against that?

dtmagnet
07-02-2012, 12:30 AM
Would you be able to sign them with the intention of not trading them and then two weeks later, decide to trade them? Or is there some kind of rule against that?

You can't trade newly signed free agents until about 2 months into the season.

Ashby
07-02-2012, 12:32 AM
You can't trade newly signed free agents until about 2 months into the season.

Oh I see. But you're able to sign and trade them upon their agreement, right? Thanks for the response by the way :)

Trueblue2
07-02-2012, 12:32 AM

New CBA prohibits newly signed free agents from being traded for a certain amount of time after their signing (forgot exactly how long). I think last year you were allowed to trade new free agents around the all star break.

EDIT: and yea if they want to go to the team you're S&T'ing to you can still sign and trade.

ManningToTyree
07-02-2012, 12:41 AM
I'd hate to see it, but Dwight would be a perfect fit for the sixers. A deal centered around Iggy Might get it done :shrug:

goalie
07-02-2012, 12:41 AM
Any deal with philly would include at least 2 more likely 3 of Jrue, Evan and Thad, plus picks and one of their young bigs.

Lou Williams isn't worth anything in a sign and trade. Besides, no teams need to sign and trade to add Lou when he isn't a max player and there are teams with cap room. Spencer Hawes is someone ORL could take back, but as salary not as player value.

This deal would be all of PHI's best young players.

Iggy would stay, they wouldnt trade vets for Dwight. ORL would want the youth or theres no reason to talk to Philly.

That's too steep for PHI considering Dwight would be miserable and leave.

But, if it were to happen the Sixers could Amnesty Brand, Sign Deron, trade for Dwight and have something like:

5-Dwight
4-Lavoy Allen
3-Iggy
2-Meeks
1-Deron
6-Lou

I'm sure that threesome could attract a better 4 and 2, not to mention vets for the bench like Grant Hill possibly.

This will never happen, and I don't need it to happen as a Sixer fan. But anything is possible and if these other teams are being linked then theres something there. Hopefully its just to help ORL force Dwight to expand his list. They shouldn't have to get hosed with a bad package to make him happy.

EvanTurner
07-02-2012, 01:09 AM
We dont need howard we have a good thing brewing here with young great tllent, one game from the efc sowhy blow up the roster for howard? When he gets herre we wont have nothing around him!. Ill pass I like our team. We will mke a couple more moves but not,howard

sixer04fan
07-02-2012, 01:40 AM
I'm sorry fellow Sixers fans, but wake up and smell the roses. Dwight will never sign an extension in Philly.

I love the idea that the Sixers are making calls for him and showing an interest in obtaining superstars, but beyond that it's a huge waste of time to even consider this as a legitimate possibility.

YouAreSoWrong
07-02-2012, 02:12 AM
the easy way out is to say that dwight will never sign an extension with philly...but i feel like no one has given valid enough reasons to prove that to be extremely valid...

A deal like iggy, thad, vucevic could prob be enticing...or at least something to tweak to make work.

Jrue
Turner
Harkless
Moultrie
Howard

aint bad...got money to spend...might even be able to trade jrue and moultrie or jrue and harkless for a proven 3 or 4 and pick up deron williams

deron williams
evan turner
maurice harkless
josh smith
dwight howard

or

deron williams
evan turner
rudy gay
Arnett Moultrie
Dwight Howard

Jrue and Harkless/Moultrie for either Josh Smith or Rudy may work...sheds cap...gives atlanta a good pg and u could put jrue at the 2 for griz...jus spittin ideas but i definitely dont think its IMPOSSIBLE nor VERY POSSIBLE...id say 30% likelihood we COULD get howard...not will

C-Style
07-02-2012, 02:18 AM
Bynum is the best player the Magic can possibly get in return. fact

Ashby
07-02-2012, 02:21 AM
the easy way out is to say that dwight will never sign an extension with philly...but i feel like no one has given valid enough reasons to prove that to be extremely valid...

A deal like iggy, thad, vucevic could prob be enticing...or at least something to tweak to make work.

Jrue
Turner
Harkless
Moultrie
Howard

aint bad...got money to spend...might even be able to trade jrue and moultrie or jrue and harkless for a proven 3 or 4 and pick up deron williams

deron williams
evan turner
maurice harkless
josh smith
dwight howard

or

deron williams
evan turner
rudy gay
Arnett Moultrie
Dwight Howard

Jrue and Harkless/Moultrie for either Josh Smith or Rudy may work...sheds cap...gives atlanta a good pg and u could put jrue at the 2 for griz...jus spittin ideas but i definitely dont think its IMPOSSIBLE nor VERY POSSIBLE...id say 30% likelihood we COULD get howard...not will

That trade for Howard seems more plausible than Jrue + rookie for Josh Smith or Rudy Gay...and even moreso, DWill signing with the Sixers. Getting Howard is already a stretch.

Ashby
07-02-2012, 02:23 AM
Bynum is the best player the Magic can possibly get in return. fact

I wonder what's more important to Orlando, getting the best player in return or getting the best package. Because Bynum + fillers is probably not the best package.

C-Style
07-02-2012, 02:25 AM
I wonder what's more important to Orlando, getting the best player in return or getting the best package. Because Bynum + fillers is probably not the best package.

How many players out of that package are gonna turn out to be better than Bynum?

jmoney85
07-02-2012, 02:26 AM
How many players out of that package are gonna turn out to be better than Bynum?

they dont have to be better than bynum lol ... but a young player with tremendous upside like marshon brooks sounds better than someone like devin ebanks lol

shep33
07-02-2012, 02:32 AM
You know what's weird? Andrew Bynum is only a year older than Marshon Brooks

Ashby
07-02-2012, 02:34 AM

Chances are, none haha. But assuming Philly is willing to part with whatever previous posters have suggested or the Rockets parting with all their newly acquired rookies + basically anything Orlando wants excluding Dragic. Those packages are pretty good IMO.

I still think they go with Bynum, but I obviously have no experience with running a team and having to think about all the variables that come in to play haha. And I guess it doesn't help that I'd want to see Howard in a Lakers jersey either.

Ashby
07-02-2012, 02:36 AM
they dont have to be better than bynum lol ... but a young player with tremendous upside like marshon brooks sounds better than someone like devin ebanks lol

Although Marshon Brooks has a tremendous upside, Brooks + Brooks still isn't as good a package as Bynum + Ebanks in my eyes.

C-Style
07-02-2012, 02:41 AM
Chances are, none haha. But assuming Philly is willing to part with whatever previous posters have suggested or the Rockets parting with all their newly acquired rookies + basically anything Orlando wants excluding Dragic. Those packages are pretty good IMO.

I still think they go with Bynum, but I obviously have no experience with running a team and having to think about all the variables that come in to play haha. And I guess it doesn't help that I'd want to see Howard in a Lakers jersey either.

I hear ya, I honestly don't care where he lands, as long as is not Brooklyn..ppl like him don't deserve to get what they want.

jmoney85
07-02-2012, 02:43 AM
Although Marshon Brooks has a tremendous upside, Brooks + Brooks still isn't as good a package as Bynum + Ebanks in my eyes.

lopez is a top 5 center (I dont give a **** what people say) and brooks will be a top 5 SG in the future

C-Style
07-02-2012, 02:45 AM
lopez is a top 5 center (I dont give a **** what people say) and brooks will be a top 5 SG in the future

Not that many great Centers...nothing to brag about.

jmoney85
07-02-2012, 02:52 AM
Not that many great Centers...nothing to brag about.

not bragging just stating facts

and marshon WILL be a stud

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGoWQsv4TdQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfEGbyK_T1A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIaDQ2t5gAQ

Ashby
07-02-2012, 03:04 AM

Yeah, I see your side of it. But the way I see it, if I were to start a new team, would I rather have Bynum + fillers or Brook Lopez + Marshon Brooks. I'd take the former.

jmoney85
07-02-2012, 03:06 AM
Yeah, I see your side of it. But the way I see it, if I were to start a new team, would I rather have Bynum + fillers or Brook Lopez + Marshon Brooks. I'd take the former.

also take into consideration that bynum is also a headcase lol

YouAreSoWrong
07-02-2012, 03:37 AM

Dwight Howard
Andrew Bynum
Tim Duncan
Greg Monroe
Marc Gasol
Tyson Chandler
Joakim Noah
Al Jefferson
Roy Hibbert

these guys should be considered ahead of or tied with B. Lopez at worst case...

If you said top 5 scoring centers thats different...his defense is awful and his rebounding isnt overwhelming...especially for a 7 footer

Rain 816
07-02-2012, 04:08 AM
He only wants Brooklyn so y is everyone wasting thier time....smh

Monta is beast
07-02-2012, 04:32 AM
Dwight Howard
Andrew Bynum
Tim Duncan
Greg Monroe
Marc Gasol
Tyson Chandler
Joakim Noah
Al Jefferson
Roy Hibbert

If you said top 5 scoring centers thats different...his defense is awful and his rebounding isnt overwhelming...especially for a 7 footer

Andrew Bogut?

SeoulBeatz
07-02-2012, 04:35 AM
Andrew Bogut?

I second that. Andrew Bogut is a top 3-5 C when healthy.

We_need_players
07-02-2012, 04:37 AM
Dwight Howard
Andrew Bynum
Tim Duncan
Greg Monroe
Marc Gasol
Tyson Chandler
Joakim Noah
Al Jefferson
Roy Hibbert

Greg Monroe :clap::clap::clap:

is a top 5 center

PocketKings
07-02-2012, 04:42 AM
D12 - Bynum - MG - Tyson Chandler
Hibbert, Al Jeff, Monroe, KG (he'd be #5 if you consider him a center which we should since that is what he played a majority of the season and saw his best production there) and TD all have a legit argument for that #4/5 center spot.

If Bogut is healthy, he's in that discussion, but I want to see it first. Brook isn't a top 5 center and I'd be hard pressed to even call him a top 10 center. He's a top 5 SCORING center, but not a top 10 center in the game.

jerryred
07-02-2012, 05:23 AM
1.Dwight Howard
2. Andrew Bynum
3. Marc Gasol
4. Roy Hibbert
5.Tyson Chandler

oballerc75
07-02-2012, 05:36 AM
I think this all comes down to what Orlando has planned for the future and present. If they are trying to stay relevant in the East, they would happily accept Bynum, because he is the BEST player the Magic can get back for D12. If they want to completely rebuild, Houston would be the best match for them as they can offer picks, young players, cap relief. 76'rs package is a joke, no chance the Magic even contemplate it.

We_need_players
07-02-2012, 06:11 AM
I think this all comes down to what Orlando has planned for the future and present. If they are trying to stay relevant in the East, they would happily accept Bynum, because he is the BEST player the Magic can get back for D12. If they want to completely rebuild, Houston would be the best match for them as they can offer picks, young players, cap relief. 76'rs package is a joke, no chance the Magic even contemplate it.

but they would loose Bynum as well, so it probably wouldn't be the best deal

MagicBucsSox
07-02-2012, 08:42 AM
@Chris_Broussard: source says Golden State still willing to trade for Dwight Howard without having commitment from him beyond next season.

See, this is to all the fools "oh Orlando has no optiOns but Brooklyn" kick rocks

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-02-2012, 09:03 AM
People keep saying how bogut would be a top 5 center if he was healthy but guess what? He isn't he never is so he isn't a top 5 center its that simple...he could be and when healthy is plays like one but with how much he is hurt and out he isn't.

I'm sure greg oden could be a top 5 center to someday but we know how that turned out

Yunqn
07-02-2012, 09:10 AM
I realllllllyyyy hope dwight doesnt go to where he wants..

Why isnt everyone noticing that other players like carmelo , chris paul and et have no complaints about going to someone elses team?

Even when people say lebronis the most self centered athlete he had to go to someone who dominated the city and brought them their first championship ever and with another star in bosh..

Dwight is the most self centered athlete in the league .. He wants to play with a passing point guard who gets no hype .. Dwight doest even have a list of the clippers or anything .. Just b.k .. Lol people have no idea of how self centered this is becoming about one guy trying to build his brand and it has nothing to do with basketball titles..just mvp like accolades.

Yunqn
07-02-2012, 09:16 AM

See, this is to all the fools "oh Orlando has no optiOns but Brooklyn" kick rocks

They have tonsssss of options .. It was just a matter of the new / old front offices trying to convince him to stay and not having enough time to deal him at the deadline..

But hes gone this offseason.. Orlando would be better moving on then dwight now..hes bringing that franchise down

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-02-2012, 09:21 AM
I realllllllyyyy hope dwight doesnt go to where he wants..

Why isnt everyone noticing that other players like carmelo , chris paul and et have no complaints about going to someone elses team?

Even when people say lebronis the most self centered athlete he had to go to someone who dominated the city and brought them their first championship ever and with another star in bosh..

Dwight is the most self centered athlete in the league .. He wants to play with a passing point guard who gets no hype .. Dwight doest even have a list of the clippers or anything .. Just b.k .. Lol people have no idea of how self centered this is becoming about one guy trying to build his brand and it has nothing to do with basketball titles..just mvp like accolades.

I like this guy he is a realist sees it how it is. And the best past and its so true is the line where he says "its about one guy trying to build his brand and it has nothing to do with basketball NOTHING its about fame and movies and shoe deals he doesn't care about winning

MagicBucsSox
07-02-2012, 09:22 AM
BrOussard says its the ppl around him that have him forcing his way to Brooklyn

Anon
07-02-2012, 09:24 AM
People keep saying how bogut would be a top 5 center if he was healthy but guess what? He isn't he never is so he isn't a top 5 center its that simple...he could be and when healthy is plays like one but with how much he is hurt and out he isn't.

I'm sure greg oden could be a top 5 center to someday but we know how that turned out

Yep. A lot of people on here were saying the same thing about Yao Ming a few years ago.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-02-2012, 09:33 AM
Yea I heard dwights intercircle are running the show feagan even said dwight hadn't even gone through him for any advice or info