PDA

View Full Version : Nash to Knicks?

Pages : [1] 2

We_need_players
07-01-2012, 02:14 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Phoenix has expressed interest with Landry Fields as part of possible sign-and-trade package with New York for Steve Nash, sources tell Y!

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/219492851191529473

xxplayerxx23
07-01-2012, 02:15 PM
No way he doesnt go to tornto.

thekmp211
07-01-2012, 02:17 PM
No way he goes to tornto.

gotcha.

he is not going to toronto. he is going to a team that is already playoff ready.

waveycrockett
He will take a $20 Million discount to win a ring with teh knicks.....

FriedTofuz
knicks gtfo.

IndyRealist
Phoenix has expressed interest with Landry Fields as part of possible sign-and-trade package with New York for Steve Nash, sources tell Y!

It's sad that they're grasping at straws. Both players are unrestricted free agents. New York doesn't have the contracts available to put together a $36M deal like Toronto is offering. So Nash is supposed to take yet another paycut to help out the Suns?

Badluck33
07-01-2012, 02:18 PM
He won't go to Knicks and fight for minutes with Lin

xxplayerxx23
07-01-2012, 02:19 PM
gotcha.

he is not going to toronto. he is going to a team that is already playoff ready.

Came out wrong I meant, No way. He is going to tornto.

waveycrockett
It's sad that they're grasping at straws. Both players are unrestricted free agents. New York doesn't have the contracts available to put together a $36M deal like Toronto is offering. So Nash is supposed to take yet another paycut to help out the Suns?

It's the Knicks bro. He wont be able to resist a guaranteed ring.

knicks=love
the $36 mil deal is apparently a false statement. a deal was offered, but it's not that high.

i don't think nash is coming to NY because of the lack of assets we are willing to part with.

thekmp211

if the knicks were smart that would S&T lin plus fields for nash.

i really like lin, bu they are a win now squad and nash is obviously much better than lin.

BigBlueCrew
07-01-2012, 02:20 PM
I like Landry but hey if hes gotta go for Nash he's gotta go.

strahan92osi72
07-01-2012, 02:21 PM

i really like lin, bu they are a win now squad and nash is obviously much better than lin.

What happens when Nash retires? Nash is here for the now so Lin can develop his skills, but Lin is the definite future. The only way I'd consider trading Lin is if he's packaged with Amare, otherwise get lost.

IndyRealist
It's the Knicks bro. He wont be able to resist a guaranteed ring.

Guaranteed ring? K.

knicks=love

if they were smart they wouldn't include lin. lin needs a mentor to become better at his position. what happens after 2 or 3 years, nash calls it quits and hangs everything up? we don't have a PG and we're in another hole like we were in for awhile.

the_jon
07-01-2012, 02:22 PM
You know Nash has to agree to the extension with the Suns before he can actually be traded right?

BigBlueCrew
07-01-2012, 02:22 PM
Guaranteed ring? K.

He's a Knicks troll, disregard him

Avenged
07-01-2012, 02:23 PM
Knicks already have Lin, what happens to him if they get Nash? While Nash is great and better than him, he's also 38 years old and will be 39 half way through the season.

IndyRealist

I might be wrong, but I don't think you can sign and trade multiple players in the same deal.

NYG 2000
No way he goes to tornto.

gotcha.

1 playoff win in 15 years is playoff ready?

Good to know

knicks=love
Alan Hahn ‏@alanhahn
Knicks absolutely do not want to give up Shumpert. But, yes, if you add Landry to S&T scenario you can get close to $10M. Suns interested?

strahan92osi72
07-01-2012, 02:24 PM
if they were smart they wouldn't include lin. lin needs a mentor to become better at his position. what happens after 2 or 3 years, nash calls it quits and hangs everything up? we don't have a PG and we're in another hole like we were in for awhile.

+1. I can't believe this rumor though, why the he11 would the Suns want Fields? He is trash. If they want to take Landry Brick, errr I mean Fields, go right ahead.

xxplayerxx23
07-01-2012, 02:24 PM
Alan Hahn ‏@alanhahn
Knicks absolutely do not want to give up Shumpert. But, yes, if you add Landry to S&T scenario you can get close to $10M. Suns interested?

so they can offer Nash 10 million then?

knicks=love
07-01-2012, 02:25 PM

Good to know

that comment is irrelevant considering we didn't have the same team for *10 years*

marj987
07-01-2012, 02:25 PM
I hate it when Knicks fans hear news that they are in negotiations to get a Allstar player they feel the need to talk **** like they already own him.

knicks=love
07-01-2012, 02:26 PM
I hate it when Knicks fans hear news that they are in negotiations to get a Allstar player they feel the need to talk **** like they already own him.

who in hear is talking **** like we already have him? :eyebrow:

jimm120
07-01-2012, 02:27 PM

I don't think he'll go to NY.

Yes, NY has a starting gig (as any place he chooses does). And he also LIVES in NY whenever he's not playing basketball.... But I don't think it has enough money. Raptors are already offering him 3 years at $12 million each. No way Knicks can top that or get close enough.

strahan92osi72
Knicks already have Lin, what happens to him if they get Nash? While Nash is great and better than him, he's also 38 years old and will be 39 half way through the season.

The Knicks will be smarter than the Suns and hang onto their Goran Dragic. Lin will get plenty of minutes off the bench. He has star potential, but still has a lot to learn. A couple years under Nash will benefit him not hurt him.

waveycrockett
Alan Hahn ‏@alanhahn

So Nash will be guarding Wade I presume.

knicks=love
07-01-2012, 02:28 PM
Marc Berman ‏@NYPost_Berman
Source says Toronto's reported 3-year, $36M offer made to Steve Nash this morning is "false.''

FOBolous

Nash can be Lin's mentor. Nash can start the first season than move to the bench and let Lin take over the next season.

Punk
No thanks to Shumpert in the deal. PLEASE take Landry. I'm begging.

jimm120
07-01-2012, 02:30 PM

Lin wouldn't go in this deal. Lin would become the backup and considering that Nash is 38/39, Lin will be starting by next season.

Knicks can sign and trade for Nash and if Lin "gets mad and wants to bolt" because he's not starting, then the Knicks can still MATCH any offer Lin signs

PC
07-01-2012, 02:31 PM
No thanks to Shumpert in the deal. PLEASE take Landry. I'm begging.

If push comes to shove, I wouldn't hesitate for a second to include either Shump or Lin. Nash still has another 3 years or so and let's be honest, that's about how long our window is

thekmp211
07-01-2012, 02:32 PM
I might be wrong, but I don't think you can sign and trade multiple players in the same deal.

not sure. sounds right. if they do S&T they could just match lin and nash's deals i guess and use whoever as filler.

Good to know

lol. i'm not a knicks fan fyi.

they have a scorer, and a center, and some depth. they are much further along than toronto. or are they not?

re: lin i agree the dream scenario for NYK is keeping lin. but who else can the knicks give up that has any value without screwing themselves in the short term? pg's grow on trees in 2012.

NYG 2000

Good to know

that comment is irrelevant considering we didn't have the same team for *10 years*

Well with this current group you are 1-9 in the playoffs

Again, playoff ready?

xxplayerxx23
If push comes to shove, I wouldn't hesitate for a second to include either Shump or Lin. Nash still has another 3 years or so and let's be honest, that's about how long our window is

I love shump. IMO you dont give him up for nash.

nycericanguy

You have no idea what you're talking about.

If you S&T Fields along with Douglas and a couple of non guaranteed contracts NY has, they can pay Nash about $10m per.

Alan Hahn ‏@alanhahn

PC
07-01-2012, 02:34 PM
I love shump. IMO you dont give him up for nash.

We're all in at this point. Can't half *** it and can't have Shump hold up arguably the only deal that can make us legit contenders

strahan92osi72
07-01-2012, 02:35 PM

And then what do we rebuild with in 3 years, if Nash even DOES have that long? No way you trade Shump or Lin, those are your two building blocks when the Melo era is over.

Knick_Fever
07-01-2012, 02:36 PM
Im so glad that Phoenix is interested in Landry Fields, thats what I was hoping for. Overpay Fields and throw in the MLE and trade for Nash. Now you gotta deal. And now since the Toronto offer is false, the Knicks option now has some legs.

PC
07-01-2012, 02:37 PM
And then what do we rebuild with in 3 years, if Nash even DOES have that long? No way you trade Shump or Lin, those are your two building blocks when the Melo era is over.

We start from scratch. I'd rather have nothing and suck for a couple of years while picking up some really high picks rather than having Lin and Shump (who are nowhere close to being cornerstones) while being mediocre and picking up late lottery picks

strahan92osi72
07-01-2012, 02:38 PM
We start from scratch. I'd rather have nothing and suck for a couple of years while picking up some really high picks rather than having Lin and Shump (who are nowhere close to being cornerstones) while being mediocre and picking up late lottery picks

LMAO you know this based on what? 1 year? GTFO.

Punk
07-01-2012, 02:40 PM

No.

Shumpert/Tyson duo is what got us to a Top 5 defense. You add Nash, obviously the offense will shoot up to amazing rates. The goal should be to get Nash and keep Shumpert.

You add Nash and trade Shumpert that opens another hole at SG.

nycericanguy
07-01-2012, 02:40 PM
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
In ESPN sitdown Nash said he's eager to meet Mavs if they miss out on D-Will. But sources say TOR & NYK are his top two (no order) for now

jimm120
07-01-2012, 02:41 PM
Well with this current group you are 1-9 in the playoffs

Again, playoff ready?

Again, I just want to say...

2011 playoffs: Team was depleted because of the trade. Then Billups AND Amare went down. Only left Melo and...Toney Douglas....

2012 playoffs: Lin, Shumpert, and Davis were lost (yes, our 3 PG's). Amare punched and was out 1 game and the other 2 games had a HUGE, thick bandage that didn't allow him to shoot/catch. Oh, and jeffries was hurt. It was only Melo (again) and JR Smith.

That's the reason we were 1-8 in the playoffs these past two offseasons, not because we sucked.

knicks=love
07-01-2012, 02:42 PM
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
In ESPN sitdown Nash said he's eager to meet Mavs if they miss out on D-Will. But sources say TOR & NYK are his top two (no order) for now

you're lucky i got a text cause i was about to post this before you.

waveycrockett
In all seriousness if Knicks trade Shump for Nash they might have the worse perimeter defense in the NBA.

NYMetropolitans
Having trouble figuring out why PHX would be interested in this.

NYMetropolitans
07-01-2012, 02:43 PM
In all seriousness if Knicks trade Shump for Lin they might have the worse perimeter defense in the NBA.

Uh, what?

Punk

LOL

You really think we'll be rebuilding in 3 years? Tyson is 29, Melo is 28, Amare is 28. In three years, they will be in their early 30s.

You have got to be kidding.

BigBlueCrew
Uh, what?

thats what I was wondering???? How do the knicks trade Shump for Lin, haha

stupid Nets fans

knicks=love
07-01-2012, 02:44 PM
In all seriousness if Knicks trade Shump for Nash they might have the worse perimeter defense in the NBA.

in all seriousness, that's impossible.

Knick_Fever

Im sorry bro but this is absolutely the worst advice Ive heard of while on PSD for 5 years now. Lin and Shump now cornerstones? Were talking about a guy who came out of nowhere as a rookie and lead his team to 7 straight wins. And Shump, a guy who is rated top 10 in steals and one of the best defenders as a rookie. Wow dude you are way over your head with those ridiculous suggestions.

nycericanguy

Alan Hahn ‏@alanhahn

One more time, with feeling: I have zero indication that Iman Shumpert is a player the Knicks are willing to part with in this scenario.

PC
07-01-2012, 02:45 PM
LMAO you know this based on what? 1 year? GTFO.

If you truly believe that Lin and Shump are cornerstone pieces, I honestly don't know what else to tell you.

BigBlueCrew

Perhaps you should call Billy King and tell him to put the kibash on the Joe Johnson deal instead of worrying about the Knicks

waveycrockett
Uh, what?

Nash-??-Melo-Amar'e

That doesn't scare the crap out of you?

waveycrockett
07-01-2012, 02:46 PM
Perhaps you should call Billy King and tell him to put the kibash on the Joe Johnson deal.

I'm being serious my man. You guys will be giving up 100 points a game easy if you trade Shump for Nash. Shump is a terrific defender and Nash easily one of the worst.

$KnicksAndKobe$
He's not coming /=

KniCks4LiFe
So I'm the only one thinking that another team would/could offer better? If Fields lands you Nash, why wouldn't Chalmers? That and Cuban is just going to have no PG in Dallas?

PC
07-01-2012, 02:47 PM
No.

Shumpert/Tyson duo is what got us to a Top 5 defense. You add Nash, obviously the offense will shoot up to amazing rates. The goal should be to get Nash and keep Shumpert.

You add Nash and trade Shumpert that opens another hole at SG.

There's a hole at the SG regardless. Shump's out till January and with an ACL tear, he's not going to be at full strength at any point next season. If we do a S&T for Nash, we'll still have our MLE to go after a SG...

KniCks4LiFe
07-01-2012, 02:48 PM
Nash-??-Melo-Amar'e

That doesn't scare the crap out of you?

Are you serious, who they stopping? This isn't even the D'Antoni system, so it's not the same Nash.

justinnum1
So I'm the only one thinking that another team would/could offer better? If Fields lands you Nash, why wouldn't Chalmers? That and Cuban is just going to have no PG in Dallas?

It's going to take a lot more than fields to get Nash. Ny will need to send out 10 mil in salary

strahan92osi72
Im sorry bro but this is absolutely the worst advice Ive heard of while on PSD for 5 years now. Lin and Shump now cornerstones? Were talking about a guy who came out of nowhere as a rookie and lead his team to 7 straight wins. And Shump, a guy who is rated top 10 in steals and one of the best defenders as a rookie. Wow dude you are way over your head with those ridiculous suggestions.

Haven't you heard? Young budding stars have no time to develop their skills, they gotta be great right away or they're terrible. 22 year olds have to play like they will when they're in their prime years, or they're awful. They'll never be cornerstones unless they show it in their rookie year. I guess John Wall, who has so many holes in his game it's laughable, will never be a cornerstone player either, lol.

knicks=love

chalmers is a better fit for miami and nash doesn't really do anything for them. they're already champions, they don't really need more on that team. in dallas, i can assume kidd would go back if he liked the offer.

smood999
here's the situation outlined real quick...I'm skeptical but this is what it is....

Hahn: the Knicks could acquire a contract worth as much as $6 million in a trade by using Toney Douglas, Dan Gadzuric, and Jerome Jordan.

$4.1 million in salaries x 150% is worth $6.2 million.

Gadzuric and Jordan have non-guaranteed contracts that could both be waived free of charge.

Knicks can throw in $3 million in cash considerations.

the 3 mil pays for Douglas contract and Pho would have a mil extra...add Fields who the supposedly have interest in..and now the Knicks can offer Nash a contract at about 10 mil...

Punk posted Hahn discussing this in one of our threads on our Knick forum..

what's in it for Pho?..if they truly like Fields..they get him and $1 mil in cash for a player in Nash that they could lose for nothing...that and I'm sure Pho would want to do Nash favors as long as it doesn't hurt them..

king4day
07-01-2012, 02:49 PM

That's just reaching. You really think NY would make him compete for minutes? Lin would take Dragic's role when he was Nash's backup.

KniCks4LiFe
07-01-2012, 02:50 PM
It's going to take a lot more than fields to get Nash. Ny will need to send out 10 mil in salary

It's sad that the Heat fan is the only one thinking reasonably.

knicks=love
07-01-2012, 02:51 PM
That's just reaching. You really think NY would make him compete for minutes? Lin would take Dragic's role when he was Nash's backup.

and look at what dragic has become. i would love nash to come to NY, but i'll believe all of this when i see it.

KniCks4LiFe
07-01-2012, 02:52 PM
chalmers is a better fit for miami and nash doesn't really do anything for them. they're already champions, they don't really need more on that team. in dallas, i can assume kidd would go back if he liked the offer.

:laugh2:

Yo Miami fans, would you trade Chalmers for Nash?

waveycrockett
Are you serious, who they stopping? This isn't even the D'Antoni system, so it's not the same Nash.

Thats my point. That defense would get ripped to shreds every night. Only dude who even remotely defends is Tyson.

Knick_Fever
If you truly believe that Lin and Shump are cornerstone pieces, I honestly don't know what else to tell you.

Did you read the last message I submitted to you? 7 straight wins as a rookie / and considered one of the best perimeter defenders in the league already (lin and shump respectively). Those my friend are cornerstone pieces.

strahan92osi72
and look at what dragic has become. i would love nash to come to NY, but i'll believe all of this when i see it.

I think he also means the Knicks won't make the same mistake the Suns did and trade away Nash's heir apparent.

PC
LOL

You really think we'll be rebuilding in 3 years? Tyson is 29, Melo is 28, Amare is 28. In three years, they will be in their early 30s.

You have got to be kidding.

Chandler and Amar'e will actually be 30 when the season starts. Let's not forget both came out of HS and both have a history of injuries so the wear and tear has got to be significant. Hell, Amar'e showed significant signs of breaking down this season so let's not delude ourselves into thinking our window's that long.

thekmp211
07-01-2012, 02:53 PM
man knicks fans LOOOVE overrating their current players.

with this current roster, you trade jeremy effing lin for steve nash in half a heartbeat. shump too although he is a nice fit next to nash.

but like...do you ever want to win? or do you just want to sit on your hands and hope these good players become the superstars you think they will? lin will be lucky to make an ASG in his career and again i really like his game.

airronijordan
what's interesting is that if the Knicks sign and trade Fields, Shumpert, Gadzuric, Douglas for Nash then they can also offer a double digit salary to Nash and still save their MLE for Allen,Terry???

justinnum1

Honestly, no. And I live Nash. But rio is great for Miami and he has a lot more years ahead of him

NYMetropolitans
07-01-2012, 02:54 PM

Wow PC. I couldn't disagree with you any more.

knicks=love
what's interesting is that if the Knicks sign and trade Fields, Shumpert, Gadzuric, Douglas for Nash then they can also offer a double digit salary to Nash and still save their MLE for Allen,Terry???

that's a pipe dream and is less likely than nash coming here which is still unlikely.

nycericanguy

Yes, I was suggesting this an hour before the story broke...lol

But I doubt NY includes Shump.

KniCks4LiFe
man knicks fans LOOOVE overrating their current players.

with this current roster, you trade jeremy effing lin for steve nash in half a heartbeat. shump too although he is a nice fit next to nash.

but like...do you ever want to win? or do you just want to sit on your hands and hope these good players become the superstars you think they will? lin will be lucky to make an ASG in his career and again i really like his game.

WTF are you talking about?

You think Nash/Melo/Stat are going to the NBA Finals? Wake the **** up! the team is a puzzle that people are hoping works, but the main pieces don't fit!

Blitzace137

Why would the Knicks do that if the Suns would be willing to take only Fields and Maybe Douglas? How does trading Lin make them smart lmao :facepalm: Nash would mentor Lin and Lin would eventually take over

strahan92osi72
07-01-2012, 02:55 PM
Did you read the last message I submitted to you? 7 straight wins as a rookie / and considered one of the best perimeter defenders in the league already (lin and shump respectively). Those my friend are cornerstone pieces.

He better not believe John Wall is a cornerstone piece. People talk about Lin's turnovers, Wall is a TO machine. He can't shoot 3Pters, even 2 Pt'ers, or FT's. Not trying to bash Wall, I think he's a cornerstone player, but so are Lin and Shump without question.

knicks=love
07-01-2012, 02:55 PM

explain to me how you think nash is a better fit in miami with wade and lebron. go ahead.

KniCks4LiFe
07-01-2012, 02:56 PM
Honestly, no. And I live Nash. But rio is great for Miami and he has a lot more years ahead of him

I guess that answers that. :confused:

king4day
07-01-2012, 02:56 PM
here's the situation outlined real quick...I'm skeptical but this is what it is....

Hahn: the Knicks could acquire a contract worth as much as $6 million in a trade by using Toney Douglas, Dan Gadzuric, and Jerome Jordan.

$4.1 million in salaries x 150% is worth $6.2 million.

Gadzuric and Jordan have non-guaranteed contracts that could both be waived free of charge.

Knicks can throw in $3 million in cash considerations.

the 3 mil pays for Douglas contract and Pho would have a mil extra...add Fields who the supposedly have interest in..and now the Knicks can offer Nash a contract at about 10 mil...

Punk posted Hahn discussing this in one of our threads on our Knick forum..

what's in it for Pho?..if they truly like Fields..they get him and $1 mil in cash for a player in Nash that they could lose for nothing...that and I'm sure Pho would want to do Nash favors as long as it doesn't hurt them..

Suns fans know the return will be little if anything at all. If that's what we'd get, I'm fine with it.

PC
07-01-2012, 02:57 PM

You're looking at an extremely small sample size. I love Lin but if you think he can be the face of your franchise, you're not going to have a very good team. And a guy who's really only good for defense isn't a cornerstone player. How is he any different from guys like Tony Allen, Quinton Ross, etc.

thekmp211
07-01-2012, 02:57 PM
WTF are you talking about?

You think Nash/Melo/Stat are going to the NBA Finals? Wake the **** up! the team is a puzzle that people are hoping works, but the main pieces don't fit!

is it a 3 person sport or are you just mentally challenged?

nash/stat was an amazing combo that contended with the prime SAS teams. ad melo, a center like chandler and depth and yeah. i think they are a ****ing contender.

don't take it so god damn personally, you aren't the only NYK fan i was referring to.

knicks=love
07-01-2012, 02:58 PM
I guess that answers that. :confused:

exactly. how about know what you're talking about before you laugh at someone thinking you're right when you're clearly not. :facepalm:

strahan92osi72
07-01-2012, 02:59 PM

nash/stat was an amazing combo that contended with the prime SAS teams. ad melo, a center like chandler and depth and yeah. i think they are a ****ing contender.

don't take it so god damn personally, you aren't the only NYK fan i was referring to.

How would the Suns look with Dragic right now? A heck of a lot better that's for sure.

KniCks4LiFe
explain to me how you think nash is a better fit in miami with wade and lebron. go ahead.

B/c he can getaway w/ not playing D w/ that cast. They also run fastbreak offenses, rebound and open shots he would be taking, not Chalmers. The Knicks don't have that.

nycericanguy
Suns fans know the return will be little if anything at all. If that's what we'd get, I'm fine with it.

Yep, correct me if I'm wrong but I've read PHO is willing to S&T Nash where ever he wants to go out of respect for him. This would not be an "equal value" trade. They are not shopping Nash for highest offer.

Fields, Douglas & Cash is better than nothing, which is what PHO would get if Nash went to TOR.

NY also has the rights to a greek player they acquired from DAL.

PC
07-01-2012, 03:00 PM
Wow PC. I couldn't disagree with you any more.

I'm sorry but after witnessing the travesty that lasted for a decade, I'd rather be **** than mediocre.

thekmp211
07-01-2012, 03:01 PM
How would the Suns look with Dragic right now? A heck of a lot better that's for sure.

why? they need a scoring big man. a big athletic wing and depth that doens't include the likes of hakim warrick and freaking josh childress.

if you are going to try and blame the lack of success in phoenix on STEVE NASH of all people i will laugh at you all. day. every. day. marcin gortat and grant "i collect medicare" hill were his two best teammates. lol.

knicks=love
B/c he can getaway w/ not playing D w/ that cast. They also run fastbreak offenses, rebound and open shots he would be taking, not Chalmers. The Knicks don't have that.

lebron and wade need the ball to be effective.. and so does nash because he's a PG. there's only one ball that you can play with in a game.

NYMetropolitans
You're looking at an extremely small sample size. I love Lin but if you think he can be the face of your franchise, you're not going to have a very good team. And a guy who's really only good for defense isn't a cornerstone player. How is he any different from guys like Tony Allen, Quinton Ross, etc.

Come on man you know he has the potential offensively as well. He has improved his jumpshot since coming in the league, he has the ability to cut to the basket and occasionally has the ooo and aaaaah dunk, he's also a freak athlete. I'm sorry but he has a higher ceiling than Tony Allen or Quinton Ross.

strahan92osi72
I'm sorry but after witnessing the travesty that lasted for a decade, I'd rather be **** than mediocre.

We'd be only mediocre if you're claim about Lin and Shump are right, but you are way off.

Punk
07-01-2012, 03:02 PM
So just to make it clear, the Knicks S&T offer would be:

Toney Douglas
Jerome Jordan
Josh Harrellson (Most likely but not mentioned)
Balkman's cap hold
Dan Gadzuric
Landry Fields
3 million in cash

I'm sure to save Iman/Novak, they will throw in draft rights to our Greek prospects.

waveycrockett
07-01-2012, 03:02 PM
Your defense would be beyond putrid.

thekmp211
07-01-2012, 03:03 PM
Come on man you know he has the potential offensively as well. He has improved his jumpshot since coming in the league, he has the ability to cut to the basket and occasionally has the ooo and aaaaah dunk, he's also a freak athlete. I'm sorry but he has a higher ceiling than Tony Allen or Quinton Ross.

maybe ross is a stretch but TA has had plenty of stretches in his career where he scored the ball well. still doesn't make him a good scorer.

KniCks4LiFe

I'll tell you what, when you speak like a human being I'll answer you like one.

strahan92osi72
Your defense would be beyond putrid.

All the reports have said Shump is not in the deal, so your point is moot.

justinnum1
Knicks fans need to stop overrating their players. Phx is my going to sign and trade Nash for your trash.

waveycrockett

Toney Douglas
Jerome Jordan
Balkman's cap hold
Dan Gadzuric
Landry Fields
3 million in cash

I'm sure to save Iman/Novak, they will throw in draft rights to our Greek prospects.

In case you haven't noticed Fields is a Free Agent. Why would the Suns trade for him when they could just sign him out right without taking on all that other garbage?

knicks=love
07-01-2012, 03:04 PM

he is speaking like a human being..

Losoway
07-01-2012, 03:04 PM
nash is coming to the knicks . Book it

KniCks4LiFe
07-01-2012, 03:05 PM
lebron and wade need the ball to be effective.. and so does nash because he's a PG. there's only one ball that you can play with in a game.

Wade and Lebron are 2 of the best offensive players that move w/o the ball. It'd actually help them immensely since moving w/o the ball is thier strength.

DaoudS
lets say Nash does agree to go to NYK in a S&T for Fields and Shumpert. What is left on the roster? Where is the depth? What incentive does Nash have to go there?

waveycrockett
All the reports have said Shump is not in the deal, so your point is moot.

Really?????? 15 minutes ago

Marc Berman ‏@NYPost_Berman
Phoenix can sign Landry without sign and trade. #Knicks must give worthwhile piece to make Suns want to do something unless it is a favor.

KniCks4LiFe
07-01-2012, 03:06 PM
he is speaking like a human being..

I have this thing when a ******* insults me, I don't respond. It's my own thing.

NYMetropolitans
07-01-2012, 03:07 PM
Knicks fans need to stop overrating their players. Phx is my going to sign and trade Nash for your trash.

I've never responded to any of your posts, because frankly you're nothing but a troll...but stop it.

strahan92osi72
07-01-2012, 03:07 PM

I can't wait to see you're reaction if Nash does come though. You'll change your tune on him right away. My first bet would be on "who cares he's an old has been anyway."

thekmp211
07-01-2012, 03:09 PM

so you can facepalm and insult my posts but i'm not allowed to do the same?

fine by me. have a good one. :facepalm:

PC

His biggest drawback coming out was his shot selection. He did absolutely nothing offensively last year to dispel those worries. He barely shot 40% last year.

Look, I know a lot of Knicks fans are excited about him but we need to stop overrating our role players

Sadds The Gr8

one of the rare occasions where I agree with u.

waveycrockett
I can't wait to see you're reaction if Nash does come though. You'll change your tune on him right away. My first bet would be on "who cares he's an old has been anyway."

dude your defense would be god awful you better hope it doesn't happen.

justinnum1

I can't wait to see you're reaction if Nash does come though. You'll change your tune on him right away. My first bet would be on "who cares he's an old has been anyway."he will help the Knicks for sure. They would be a top 4 team in the east with him right behind Miami and Chicago

strahan92osi72
I've never responded to any of your posts, because frankly you're nothing but a troll...but stop it.

Yeah, I remember he was saying how the Knicks have no shot at Melo before the trade, then when it happened Melo is trash. I remember him talking about Lin having good passing skills when he was a FA, now he's trash. Now he's talking about how much he loves Nash while he's not a Knick. You watch, if Nash does come to the Knicks, he'll be trash too. Yeah he's a troll all right, but he's always good for a laugh.

KniCks4LiFe
07-01-2012, 03:10 PM
so you can facepalm and insult my posts but i'm not allowed to do the same?

fine by me. have a good one. :facepalm:

did I call you mentally challenged?

thekmp211
07-01-2012, 03:10 PM
can't wait for the press release LOLOL

strahan92osi72
07-01-2012, 03:11 PM
he will help the Knicks for sure. They would be a top 4 team in the east with him right behind Miami and Chicago

You're only saying that now because he's not here. If he does come here I can't wait to see the garbage you spew out of your mouth and type onto your keyboard. It's such a predictable pattern with you, everyone knows it too.

thekmp211
07-01-2012, 03:11 PM
did I call you mentally challenged?

do i REALLY think you are mentally challenged?

PSD vocab word of the day ---

HYPERBOLE

mvb815
07-01-2012, 03:12 PM
with news of chris paul not signing a contract extention why do knicks fans even want nash? it's not like you're going to win the title with him.

KniCks4LiFe
07-01-2012, 03:12 PM
do i REALLY think you are mentally challenged?

PSD vocab word of the day ---

HYPERBOLE

WTF did you write it then? for show?

justinnum1
07-01-2012, 03:13 PM
he will help the Knicks for sure. They would be a top 4 team in the east with him right behind Miami and Chicago

You're only saying that now because he's not here. If he does come here I can't wait to see the garbage you spew out of your mouth and type onto your keyboard. It's such a predictable pattern with you, everyone knows it too.

Let me guess. You think the Knicks are title favorites with Nash? Lol

PC
07-01-2012, 03:13 PM

Toney Douglas
Jerome Jordan
Balkman's cap hold
Dan Gadzuric
Landry Fields
3 million in cash

So basically a whole lot of **** rolled up together? Wishful thinking

strahan92osi72
07-01-2012, 03:14 PM

Never said that, they'll still need a good SG, but that's besides the point. You're anti-Knicks bias is the point. Stop trying to turn it around and twist words.

justinnum1
07-01-2012, 03:15 PM
[QUOTE=Punk;22738190]So just to make it clear, the Knicks S&T offer would be:

Toney Douglas
Jerome Jordan
Balkman's cap hold
Dan Gadzuric
Landry Fields
3 million in cash

So basically a whole lot of **** rolled up together? Wishful thinking[/QUOTE

You mean the suns won't take all The Knicks bad players for Steve Nash?

KingsOfQueens
07-01-2012, 03:16 PM

:laugh:

Lets hope so

AI
07-01-2012, 03:17 PM
Really?????? 15 minutes ago

We have Bird Rights for Fields so we could match and prevent Phoenix from signing him. Also, it has been previously reported that the Suns would accomodate Nash's wishes to go play for the team he wants.

So, if Nash chooses the Knicks, they will make it work as to repay Nash for his loyalty. This is not an "assets" trade for Phoenix although Fields and cash are both assets.

justinnum1

Never said that, they'll still need a good SG, but that's besides the point. You're anti-Knicks bias is the point. Stop trying to turn it around and twist words.

You guys have tiny Douglas to play the 2

Punk

If Nash goes to Toronto, Dallas or Brooklyn, Phoenix gets NOTHING. If they accept that deal they get Fields, rookie prospects and cap relief.

That's not wishful thinking, that's either taking something or getting nothing.

Angry Norwegian
07-01-2012, 03:19 PM

Toney Douglas
Jerome Jordan
Balkman's cap hold
Dan Gadzuric
Landry Fields
3 million in cash

God damn it, now I need to clean up the vomit off of my keyboard...

strahan92osi72
07-01-2012, 03:19 PM

You're just proving my point, stop with the trolling, like someone else said.

AI
07-01-2012, 03:20 PM
[QUOTE=PC521;22738365]

So basically a whole lot of **** rolled up together? Wishful thinking[/QUOTE

You mean the suns won't take all The Knicks bad players for Steve Nash?

Gadzurics contract is non-guaranteed as is Jordan's so Phoenix can waive them for free. Douglas is owed $2M but we would be giving $3M in cash considerations, so the Suns would save $1M in the deal, not to mention they get Fields which is the player they are interested in acquiring.

DaoudS
If Nash goes to Toronto, Dallas or Brooklyn, Phoenix gets NOTHING. If they accept that deal they get Fields, rookie prospects and cap relief.

That is quite inaccurate if you are saying that a S&T is only possible for the Knicks? Any team can make acquire Nash through a S&T if Nash chooses to.

knicks=love

toney douglas can't even play the bench the right way.

KniCks4LiFe
07-01-2012, 03:21 PM

Fields would be the only upside player they get.

Harrelson is mediocore version of Diaw
Jordan is garbage
Dougie...
the pick wouldn't be a lotto or even mid 1st rd.

NYMetropolitans
07-01-2012, 03:21 PM
His biggest drawback coming out was his shot selection. He did absolutely nothing offensively last year to dispel those worries. He barely shot 40% last year.

Look, I know a lot of Knicks fans are excited about him but we need to stop overrating our role players

He's just a rookie though! He has time to improve he just turned 22 for Pete's sake! I don't think I'm overrating Shumpert, I truly believe he as the potential to be all-defensive player and to be a great compliment offensively. As far as Lin, I'll continue to let his playing do my talking for me.

thekmp211
07-01-2012, 03:22 PM
WTF did you write it then? for show?

:clap:

yeah! for show! i like to have fun with morons who insult my logic and then get defensive when i clap back.

it's sunday fellas. don't take PSD so seriously today or ever for that matter.

KniCks4LiFe
07-01-2012, 03:24 PM
:clap:

yeah! for show! i like to have fun with morons who insult my logic and then get defensive when i clap back.

it's sunday fellas. don't take PSD so seriously today or ever for that matter.

that's why you're not getting a response to your question.:cool:

PC
07-01-2012, 03:24 PM

The Suns could sign Fields outright if they wanted to. And lets be honest, the rest of the guys couldn't even get off our bench; their ceilings are fringe rotational players.

Having to take on $4 million (presumably) for Fields and $2 million+ for TD doesn't qualify as cap relief. If our offer's that crappy, they'd rather have nothing so they can at least have the cap space to spend the money they wanted to

KnickFanSince91
07-01-2012, 03:25 PM
As much as I would love Nash on the team, it would be completely insane to give up Shump to do so. Regardless of where he ranks in the league, he's the best perimeter defender on the roster and our only hope at slowing down the Rose's, Westbrook's, Irving's and Wall's of the league.

It makes sense for Phoenix to take a flier on Fields because he thrives in the uptempo, D'Antoni style ball they play. It really comes down to whether or not Phx wants to do Nash a favor for being loyal to them or not.

I'm neither high nor low on this rumor but I can see how it makes sense for both sides. W/o the Sign and Trade, I wouldn't mind the Knicks going after Andre Miller and Foye.

Jroz
07-01-2012, 03:26 PM
God damn it, now I need to clean up the vomit off of my keyboard...

hahah..but seriously..if no other team is willing to give PHX anything and the Knicks are going to give them pieces that THEY want (seriously though who wants FIELDS?) than why wouldnt they.

Why PHX wants Fields is a different story, no one remind them how awful he is in the playoffs.

Losoway
07-01-2012, 03:26 PM
the knicks is never giving up shumpert...and you can not trade injured players i believe

we getting nash for peanuts

KnickFanSince91
07-01-2012, 03:27 PM

No...TD can't even play the 2 at this point. I'm thinking the Knicks will go after a PG and slide Lin back to his natural 2 spot until Shump is ready to go.

Jroz
07-01-2012, 03:28 PM
The Suns could sign Fields outright if they wanted to. And lets be honest, the rest of the guys couldn't even get off our bench; their ceilings are fringe rotational players.

Having to take on $4 million (presumably) for Fields and $2 million+ for TD doesn't qualify as cap relief. If our offer's that crappy, they'd rather have nothing so they can at least have the cap space to spend the money they wanted to

Can't the Knicks match anythng that PHX offers them though without affecting their cap space?..guess PHX can get Fields cheap if the do the deal with them?..or is that wrong hah

ryang
He's just a rookie though! He has time to improve he just turned 22 for Pete's sake! I don't think I'm overrating Shumpert, I truly believe he as the potential to be all-defensive player and to be a great compliment offensively. As far as Lin, I'll continue to let his playing do my talking for me.

Shump is bad offensively.. no way around it.. He can be an elite defender but thats not in stone... As far as lin goes well his play was great against medicore teams (yes i know u played the lakers). Then he was exposed.. I dont understand why knick fans feel they are so good :confused:.. Would nash be a great signing?? yes but he wont go to new york.. to much noise up there..

Blitzace137

The Suns owe Nash if he wants to come to the Knicks then he will be a Knick. The only players they have to keep from that list is Tony and Fields. And if Fields improves his jumper back to his rookie form he is a solid rotation guy people are really underrating Fields at this point he is not "TRASH" like everyone says he is.

Jroz
07-01-2012, 03:31 PM
the knicks is never giving up shumpert...and you can not trade injured players i believe

we getting nash for peanuts

both of your statements dont make any sense.

1. Yes, you can trade injured players lol

2. Nash already said that winning a championship isnt the end all and everything to him, he wants to go to a place he feels comfortable in, enjoys playing in, and financial considerations. Thats why these reports of Toronto and NY are surfacing, he clearly wants to either go home and get paid well to do it, or come to NY at a slight discount, but play where he currently loves to spend his time in and also have a possible chance of winning

NYMetropolitans
07-01-2012, 03:33 PM
Shump is bad offensively.. no way around it.. He can be an elite defender but thats not in stone... As far as lin goes well his play was great against medicore teams (yes i know u played the lakers). Then he was exposed.. I dont understand why knick fans feel they are so good :confused:.. Would nash be a great signing?? yes but he wont go to new york.. to much noise up there..

Did you also forget that game against the Mavs?? Or when he faced those "mediocre" teams he was facing a great PG basically every night...and yes he struggled against your beloved Heat, but oh wait THEY'RE THE NBA CHAMPIONS...also he's basically just a rookie...why aren't people patient anymore he's shown flashes of being great. Just because of stupid "Linsanity" with non-knicks and stupid Knicks fans alike people think we overrate Lin. We don't, well I don't at least...I think he has great potential is all I'm not labeling him to be a god or something.

ryang
07-01-2012, 03:36 PM
Did you also forget that game against the Mavs?? Or when he faced those "mediocre" teams he was facing a great PG basically every night...and yes he struggled against your beloved Heat, but oh wait THEY'RE THE NBA CHAMPIONS...also he's basically just a rookie...why aren't people patient anymore he's shown flashes of being great. Just because of stupid "Linsanity" with non-knicks and stupid Knicks fans alike people think we overrate Lin. We don't, well I don't at least...I think he has great potential is all I'm not labeling him to be a god or something.

fair enough... I just hear lin this and shump this all the time.. drives me nuts.. for the record the mavs sucked last year... I think lin can be great but he isnt there yet... see you next year.. with roses injury and the celtics on crutches i expect to see you in the playoffs again..

goose14741
07-01-2012, 03:37 PM
Knicks can offer10 mil a year if they include fields, toronto are supposedlyoffeeing 12 a year which is said to be false. Looks like knicks are in the same boat except, o ya, knicks have carmelo anthony, tyson chandler and amare, I say its 50/50 just cuz,toronto isin canada

Blitzace137
07-01-2012, 03:38 PM

Exposed? That Miami game is so overlooked at. He put up solid number against the Bulls, Spurs, Dallas, Lakers, Pacers, Sixers and just because he had "ONE" bad game against the best physical defense in the NBA all of a sudden he's exposed :facepalm:

roshan3ai
07-01-2012, 03:39 PM

:laugh2: Pretty much

meloman1592
07-01-2012, 03:40 PM
knicks gtfo.

u mad bruh?

NYMetropolitans
07-01-2012, 03:43 PM
fair enough... I just hear lin this and shump this all the time.. drives me nuts.. for the record the mavs sucked last year... I think lin can be great but he isnt there yet... see you next year.. with roses injury and the celtics on crutches i expect to see you in the playoffs again..

The one thing I won't forget from the Mavs game, it was the moment where I said "wow, this kid is the real deal". That 3 over Dirk, I was just in complete shock...that's where I knew....that I loved him. Lol jk, but seriously that's where I was convinced we had someone special that could turn into a great player.

ryang
07-01-2012, 03:46 PM
Exposed? That Miami game is so overlooked at. He put up solid number against the Bulls, Spurs, Dallas, Lakers, Pacers, Sixers and just because he had "ONE" bad game against the best physical defense in the NBA all of a sudden he's exposed :facepalm:

dude he really didnt play that great after that game... did you watch the same games as I did?? for the record your right he played well for 2 to 3 weeks then he played the HEAT a team youll have to get past to win anything.. So if your happy he plays well on a small stage then thats fine.. but until he plays well against a real team that makes me say he is really nothing special.. just sayin.. can he get better?? yea he can but until he does it for a full season he is nothing... he hasnt even played a playoff game yet.. dont crown em

meloman1592
07-01-2012, 03:47 PM
Any type of "nash to knicks" deal that doesn't include Shumpert is highway robbery. If the knicks pull that off, omg

Nycbball08
07-01-2012, 03:47 PM

True, I'll give up Lin in a heartbeat..

ryang
07-01-2012, 03:49 PM
The one thing I won't forget from the Mavs game, it was the moment where I said "wow, this kid is the real deal". That 3 over Dirk, I was just in complete shock...that's where I knew....that I loved him. Lol jk, but seriously that's where I was convinced we had someone special that could turn into a great player.

I agree that he has a chance to be great... I just want to see it thats all.. and like I said the door is wide open for the knicks to be a top 3 team in the east.. I hope you do so the old days come back minus the jordan part...

AfroThunderRule
07-01-2012, 03:49 PM
Something tells me if this does go down that Nash will be injured for the rest of the season within the first 10 games. >_<

Just the Knicks way. :(

Jroz
07-01-2012, 03:52 PM
Something tells me if this does go down that Nash will be injured for the rest of the season within the first 10 games. >_<

Just the Knicks way. :(

go home debbie downer

Punk
07-01-2012, 03:57 PM
Nash had a 7 turnover game against Miami this year. EXPOSED!

Anyhow, Lin won't be included considering the goal is to add Nash while keeping Lin/Novak to lead the bench mob.

Blitzace137
07-01-2012, 04:01 PM
dude he really didnt play that great after that game... did you watch the same games as I did?? for the record your right he played well for 2 to 3 weeks then he played the HEAT a team youll have to get past to win anything.. So if your happy he plays well on a small stage then thats fine.. but until he plays well against a real team that makes me say he is really nothing special.. just sayin.. can he get better?? yea he can but until he does it for a full season he is nothing... he hasnt even played a playoff game yet.. dont crown em

Trust me I'm not crowning him. I think Lin is a player with a high ceiling I never bought into that "Linsanity" nonsense ESPN was running. I just get mad when people say he was exposed because of one bad game not two or three but one bad game on the road none the less.

IMO Spurs, Bulls (with rose there for the Lin games) Lakers are "real teams" Miami is not the only real team in the NBA

Nobody played good after the Heat game because D'Antoni didn't know how to use our guys properly plus D'Antoni Melo Drama. But Lin still put up solid numbers of course his numbers are going to drop if you insert 2 "superstars" into the line up, anybody's numbers would drop.

They need chemistry like the Heats needed after year one to understand each others roles. Two things won't change Lin's court vision is obvious and he attacks the basket and finishes for a PG at an elite level IMO. Next year will be interesting.

kenzo400
07-01-2012, 04:01 PM
Knicks are not getting Nash. I'm pretty sure he would prefer to help out the young talent in Toronto then be on a first round exit team in NY.

oak2455
07-01-2012, 04:03 PM
Knicks are not getting Nash. I'm pretty sure he would prefer to help out the young talent in Toronto then be on a first round exit team in NY.

Toronto NBA champions I remember those guys:clap:

KniCks4LiFe
07-01-2012, 04:04 PM

Ok you can insult the players, the coaching and the team's progress all you want. You can even say all the Knicks are is talk, talk, talk. But I'll be ****ing damned if you're going to say we're not better than Toronto. :mad:

kenzo400
07-01-2012, 04:04 PM

Try to make some sense. Why don't you read my statement again instead of being a moron.

kenzo400
07-01-2012, 04:05 PM
Ok you can insult the players, the coaching and the team's progress all you want. You can even say all the Knicks are is talk, talk, talk. But I'll be ****ing damned if you're going to say we're not better than Toronto. :mad:

Where did i say that?

oak2455
07-01-2012, 04:06 PM
Try to make some sense. Why don't you read my statement again instead of being a moron.

Read it again...you're a ******* .... Enjoy the Leafs

NYKnicks4511
07-01-2012, 04:08 PM

Lol. Whoever says that Nash will want to go to Toronto to 'help out' the younger players is ********. Nash will go to T.O. for the money and his affinity for the city.

If Nash was about that ring, he'd try to force his way to the Knicks. Don't see that happening though. Lin is the future.

kenzo400
07-01-2012, 04:08 PM
Read it again...you're a ******* .... Enjoy the Leafs

In what part of that statement did i say that Toronto is better than NY. I said he would probably prefer to help out the young talent in Toronto. At no part in that statement did i say that they would be a winning team, fighting deep in playoffs

kenzo400
07-01-2012, 04:09 PM
Lol. Whoever says that Nash will want to go to Toronto to 'help out' the younger players is ********. Nash will go to T.O. for the money and his affinity for the city.

If Nash was about that ring, he'd try to force his way to the Knicks. Don't see that happening though. Lin is the future.

Lol, Knicks winning a ring. Now that is funny. If he was serious about a ring he would go to Miami. Not a first round exit in NY.

ryang
07-01-2012, 04:11 PM

not sure if your serious...

oak2455
07-01-2012, 04:15 PM
In what part of that statement did i say that Toronto is better than NY. I said he would probably prefer to help out the young talent in Toronto. At no part in that statement did i say that they would be a winning team, fighting deep in playoffs

You not good at telling stories you forgot you're ending how he wouldn't sign w a team that exits in the 1st round

KnickNyKnick
07-01-2012, 04:17 PM

:facepalm:

im sure he'd prefer? why? do you know him?

well, im pretty sure he would prefer to be in a possible contender than a no 1st round entrance team in TO.

kenzo400
07-01-2012, 04:18 PM
You not good at telling stories you forgot you're ending how he wouldn't sign w a team that exits in the 1st round

It's not my fault you insinuated that i meant that Toronto wouldn't be a first round exit. If that's what i meant i would have phrased it differently and said a team that can go deeper in the playoffs.

kenzo400
07-01-2012, 04:19 PM

well, im pretty sure he would prefer to be in a possible contender than a no 1st round entrance team in TO.

Well obviously we are both assuming. Neither of us actually know him personally :facepalm: As for the contender statement, i already commented on that. NY is not a contender no matter how much you believe them to be so.

onlythisfar41

Show me quote where a Knicks fan was talking **** and acting like we already have him. Go ahead, find me one quote.

Raps18-19 Champ
We offer Calderon.

infernoscurse
07-01-2012, 04:20 PM
i dont see the knicks winning a ring in the near future, i wish but the dynamics of the heat and thunder are above what ever match they can put up on the knicks roster.

knicks have talent but have many holes

ryang
07-01-2012, 04:20 PM

if he goes to toronto it will be because he wants to go home... toronto<knicks i agree... raptors will overpay him.. thats the only reason hed go there IMO

KnickNyKnick
07-01-2012, 04:21 PM
thats why theres a offseason.

kenzo400
07-01-2012, 04:21 PM
if he goes to toronto it will be because he wants to go home... toronto<knicks i agree... raptors will overpay him.. thats the only reason hed go there IMO

Why do you assume that Nash doesn't like helping out younger guys develop? He's stayed in Phoenix for quite a long time after they were no longer contenders for that very reason.

ryang
07-01-2012, 04:22 PM
i think its because he is 39..

ryang
07-01-2012, 04:23 PM
he has to want to win something by now no?

oak2455
07-01-2012, 04:23 PM
It's not my fault you insinuated that i meant that Toronto wouldn't be a first round exit. If that's what i meant i would have phrased it differently and said a team that can go deeper in the playoffs.

Why don't you read your first statement

smood999
07-01-2012, 04:26 PM
Unlikely to happen...but people are not understanding the parameter of the deal...

Gadzuric is non guaranteed..gets waived no penalty to pho

Jordan non guaranteed...gets waived no penalty to pho

Toney Douglas exp 2 mil...3 mil in cash takes care of that plus a mil left over

Fields..if Pho is already interested in him it would just be done as a favor to Nash

No the Knicks don't need 10 mil in contracts....it has to be within 150% of that

Pho would not be taking on junk as everyone will most llikely be released right away except Douglas and Fields since theyre non guaranteed contracts...Douglas gets paid for and Pho has $1 mil extra

What it comes down to is whether Pho is willing to do Nash a favor if he wants NY and acquire Fields that way instead of trying to sign him themselves...Fields is restricted and has early Bird Rights (Knicks can match)....it's either that or just let him sign somewhere and get nothing in return...

Get Nothing vs. Fields, $1 mil, and doing Nash a favor if he wants...

I don't think it'll happen, but Pho isn't trying to get anything for Nash that's the thing ppl are confused about when they say Pho doesn't want their trash...the trash is just unguaranteed contracts that can be cut with no penalty to the cap...in essence it's the same as getting nothing in return...

KnickNyKnick
07-01-2012, 04:26 PM
Well obviously we are both assuming. Neither of us actually know him personally :facepalm: As for the contender statement, i already commented on that. NY is not a contender no matter how much you believe them to be so.

thats why there is a offseason.m not denying that we have holes to fill. but what if the holes are filled solidly? do you realize the trio of chand/stat/melo

havent even had a full season? let alone training?

The knicks season was a disaster on and off the court. yet they managed to make the playoffs, and were only 10 games behind the heat considering those factors.

Jroz
07-01-2012, 04:33 PM
Unlikely to happen...but people are not understanding the parameter of the deal...

Gadzuric is non guaranteed..gets waived no penalty to pho

Jordan non guaranteed...gets waived no penalty to pho

Toney Douglas exp 2 mil...3 mil in cash takes care of that plus a mil left over

Fields..if Pho is already interested in him it would just be done as a favor to Nash

No the Knicks don't need 10 mil in contracts....it has to be within 150% of that

Pho would not be taking on junk as everyone will most llikely be released right away except Douglas and Fields since theyre non guaranteed contracts...Douglas gets paid for and Pho has $1 mil extra

What it comes down to is whether Pho is willing to do Nash a favor if he wants NY and acquire Fields that way instead of trying to sign him themselves...Fields is restricted and has early Bird Rights (Knicks can match)....it's either that or just let him sign somewhere and get nothing in return...

Get Nothing vs. Fields, $1 mil, and doing Nash a favor if he wants...

I don't think it'll happen, but Pho isn't trying to get anything for Nash that's the thing ppl are confused about when they say Pho doesn't want their trash...the trash is just unguaranteed contracts that can be cut with no penalty to the cap...in essence it's the same as getting nothing in return...

Great post, pretty much sums it all up. If PHX wants anything out of Nash leaving they can help him out, if they have no interest in Fields (which for some reason they apparently do) than they can say take a hike and let him walk to Toronto.

4GiantWarrior9
07-01-2012, 04:34 PM
this trade would be great for the Knicks and Nash...Lin will only get better if he stay's with the Knicks and can help Nash with fatigue

DeRozan10
07-01-2012, 04:40 PM
all the knicks fan on here cleary want Nash really bad.

It will be hilarious if he doesnt go to the Knicks. I can gurantee all these same posters will be saying they didnt want him, and he's too old, overpriced blah blah blah

javsvt
07-01-2012, 04:41 PM

It will be hilarious if he doesnt go to the Knicks. I can gurantee all these same posters will be saying they didnt want him, and he's too old, overpriced blah blah blah

Yeah, real hilarious......:rolleyes:

Jroz
07-01-2012, 04:44 PM
I wouldnt be that pissed..i'm just glad we have a few mil to play with and get to keep Lin and Novak...atleast we aren't starting TD at the point this year hahah

smood999
07-01-2012, 04:44 PM
Also, this isn't something Knick fans just made up out of the blue...it's not being reported by NY beat writers...it's mostly Stein and Woj...so you guys could give Knick fans a break.....what's being reported is that NY and Pho have discussed possible S&T for Nash and that Pho is interested in Fields and that the Knicks have no interest in giving up Shumpert...and Pho being interested in Fields is what allows the deal to be close to 10 mil...nothing that farfetched...that's all...it is def possible if that's what the Knicks and Nash want since it does not hurt Pho in anyway and slightly helps them which is better than Nash signing with Tor outright..

javsvt
07-01-2012, 04:45 PM
I wouldnt be that pissed..i'm just glad we have a few mil to play with and get to keep Lin and Novak...atleast we aren't started TD at the point this year hahah

Got that right, geez, I can't believe e dropped off that much. :confused:

smood999
07-01-2012, 04:46 PM

If it happens it would be a dream come true since NY would still have their MLE, BAE, Lin and Novak Bird Rights and JR for 2.9 if he chooses...if it doesn't I expected them to get someone like Felton, Camby etc...it's a plus but won't drive me crazy if it doesn't happen

Quietmoney
07-01-2012, 04:48 PM
Ive been reading all the post in here and can't believe how uneducated some of the posters are on basketball related matters. First of all, Nash is a free agent and the Suns are likely to lose him for nothing. If he is interested in going to the Knicks and they want anything the Knicks are willing to part with, then it's a done deal as long as they don't add any salary to the Suns payroll while Nash get around 10 mill in a sign and trade deal. This is not really a trade, just a way to compensate some things getting done. The Suns are the ones that really win because they get cap space and a player they wanted without adding to the cap.

kenzo400
07-01-2012, 04:49 PM
i think its because he is 39..

And he didn't think his window was closing when he was 35-36?

kenzo400
07-01-2012, 04:51 PM
thats why there is a offseason.m not denying that we have holes to fill. but what if the holes are filled solidly? do you realize the trio of chand/stat/melo

havent even had a full season? let alone training?

The knicks season was a disaster on and off the court. yet they managed to make the playoffs, and were only 10 games behind the heat considering those factors.

How are you going to fill these holes with no cap space? Nobody is going to take on Amare's contract. I'm not saying it's not impossible for Knicks to fill their weak spots, but i don't see any realistic way in which they can get more talent this off season.

xxplayerxx23
07-01-2012, 04:52 PM
I would not be mad if we didnt get Nash, Im not expecting to get him. If we do ill be thrilled if not move onto the next FA Pg

javsvt
07-01-2012, 04:52 PM
And he didn't think his window was closing when he was 35-36?

When you play as well as he does, even at his age, you think you can do it forever. Until numbers drop or a injury. He is stil a top PG in this league, even at 39.

kenzo400
07-01-2012, 04:54 PM
When you play as well as he does, even at his age, you think you can do it forever. Until numbers drop or a injury. He is stil a top PG in this league, even at 39.

I think he is a pretty logical person. I seriously doubt he thought he could play forever.

justinnum1
07-01-2012, 04:54 PM
Nash had a 7 turnover game against Miami this year. EXPOSED!

Anyhow, Lin won't be included considering the goal is to add Nash while keeping Lin/Novak to lead the bench mob.

SluggeR
07-01-2012, 04:57 PM
So if we got Nash, would ending games with Nash & Lin in the backcourt be conducive to winning?

Jroz
07-01-2012, 04:59 PM
How are you going to fill these holes with no cap space? Nobody is going to take on Amare's contract. I'm not saying it's not impossible for Knicks to fill their weak spots, but i don't see any realistic way in which they can get more talent this off season.

I dont think you have really done the research, if the Knicks can land Nash in a S&T for Fields and Douglas plus pieces than they get their man WITHOUT using the MLE..meaning they still get Lin, Novak, Nash + 3mil to play with on some veteran players

justinnum1
07-01-2012, 04:59 PM
So if we got Nash, would ending games with Nash & Lin in the backcourt be conducive to winning?

Talk about no defense

kenzo400
07-01-2012, 05:00 PM
I dont think you have really done the research, if the Knicks can land Nash in a S&T for Fields and Douglas plus pieces than they get their man WITHOUT using the MLE..meaning they still get Lin, Novak, Nash + 3mil to play with on some veteran players

First off, Nash has to agree to this. Second of all, i don't think just getting him and Lin will suddenly make them contenders.

javsvt
07-01-2012, 05:01 PM
I think he is a pretty logical person. I seriously doubt he thought he could play forever.

I hope you didn't take that literally.:facepalm:
What I meant is that at 35, he was still at the top of his game, no reason to think his window was closing.

oak2455
07-01-2012, 05:01 PM
Talk about no defense

Shouldn't you be with the 5 others at that Heat parade :)

justinnum1
07-01-2012, 05:02 PM
Talk about no defense

:dance:

Already was partying at liv last week

ewmania
07-01-2012, 05:03 PM

people don't get it, its not abt the money... if it was why dont he just stay in PHX because they want him back and they can pay him more

Nash wants to go somewhere he can help win a championship

beasted86
07-01-2012, 05:04 PM
I don't feel any way regardless of if Nash signs with New York or not, the only thing I find interesting and bring up all the time is this idea that the Knicks have changed from the D'Antoni era and are now a 'defensive team'

Like look at who they are trying to sign. Look at what Knick fans are excited about "We can keep Lin & Novak!!", "I'll be so glad if we sign Nash", "A small ball lineup with Nash, Lin, Novak, Melo, Amare would be so sick!!!". Like yeah, don't kid yourselves guys, you are still trying to outscore teams. Nothing wrong with that either, just hate when people are trying to paint the Knicks as a defensive team, that's all.

ewmania
07-01-2012, 05:05 PM
Talk about no defense

cool sig bro, but i don't think the world cares anymore

ewmania
07-01-2012, 05:08 PM
I don't feel any way regardless of if Nash signs with New York or not, the only thing I find interesting and bring up all the time is this idea that the Knicks have changed from the D'Antoni era and are now a 'defensive team'

Like look at who they are trying to sign. Look at what Knick fans are excited about "We can keep Lin & Novak!!", "I'll be so glad if we sign Nash", "A small ball lineup with Nash, Lin, Novak, Melo, Amare would be so sick!!!". Like yeah, don't kid yourselves guys, you are still trying to outscore teams. Nothing wrong with that either, just hate when people are trying to paint the Knicks as a defensive team, that's all.

.... under woodson we were a top 5 defensive team in the league... with the players we have now.... sometimes its not abt one guy being able to defend but how well a team can defend together

and last season nash defense had improved in PHX so who's to say he wont step up over here... you're just thinking negative bro

RonE Coleman
07-01-2012, 05:08 PM

Absolutely pointless post. Just look at the Defensive efficiency numbers for the Knicks last year before blabbering out nonsense. When you have a great defensive anchor like Chandler and an elite wing defender like Shumpert that can guard 1-3 on the opposing team you can mask the flaws of guys like Amare.

Your clueless but nice try.

kenzo400
07-01-2012, 05:09 PM
I hope you didn't take that literally.:facepalm:
What I meant is that at 35, he was still at the top of his game, no reason to think his window was closing.

Yes there was very good reason for him to think his window was closing. HE WAS 35! :facepalm:

xxplayerxx23
07-01-2012, 05:10 PM
There talking to felton if Nash passes :/ Not sure how I feel about that.

Angry Norwegian
^You're*

javsvt

With no PG, and a lot of turnovers, they were still a good defensive team. You know how many ties they woud turn the ball over and havevto get back on defense rightbaway. All you need is a few good defensive players sprinkled in to help the lack of defense from the players. and the have a few, starting with Chandler and Shump, we might need a few more, but it's a start. Also, now there pg has to play defense, Bibby was slow, and Baron was inconsistent. Nash would be great, Lin would help this also if he pays like he did for us this year.

ryang
07-01-2012, 05:12 PM

342,000.. but ok... dam knick fans everthing gets you going... hed be a great addition to your team tho and thats a fact.. we will see you again seeings how rose is hurt and boston is old.. good luck with nash signing with you.. not likely but poss...

javsvt
07-01-2012, 05:13 PM
Yes there was very good reason for him to think his window was closing. HE WAS 35! :facepalm:

Didn't you say Toronto was a better choice for him? If he thinks his window was closing, which I think it is now, not at 35, he would go straight to Toronto.

sunsfan88
07-01-2012, 05:15 PM
If the Knicks trade Shump and Fields (s&t) for Nash, then they can offer Nash a $10 million (annually) deal.

But question is, would NY do that?

ryang
07-01-2012, 05:15 PM
he is 39.. he either wants one final payday or a chance at competing... he is 39..

Mr Costanza
07-01-2012, 05:16 PM
The reporters can write what they want but this is a pipe dream. Seems like a transparent ploy to get more money/years out of another team.

ink
07-01-2012, 05:16 PM
Why would the Knicks need Nash just to hand off the ball to let Melo hold on to it?? I really don't get the fit here except that Nash lives in NYC in the off-season.

Mr Costanza
07-01-2012, 05:17 PM
If the Knicks trade Shump and Fields (s&t) for Nash, then they can offer Nash a $10 million (annually) deal.

I hope not...but it is the Knicks we are talking about

KingsOfQueens
07-01-2012, 05:19 PM

I don't know 1 Knick fan who has said that...maybe for a few a minutes of the game it'd be a sick lineup. And you'd have to agree, wouldn't you?

Just cause they're looking at guys who score and facilitate doesn't mean they can't play D.

Point is, Knick fans will tell you that Tyson Chandler has been our MVP and we love the defensive culture him and Shumpert bring to the floor and it rubs off on everyone else (maybe besides Amare).

We are a defensive team under Woodson and stats prove it. The Knicks went 18-6 under Woodson while scoring and playing defense. During that span, we only allowed over 100 points 4 times.

Just because they're looking at players that score and facilitate doesn't mean they can't play D. Woodson praises defense. The offense will work itself out.

RonE Coleman
07-01-2012, 05:21 PM

Not a chance they throw in Shump. Only a knicks beat writer brought that up as speculation. The guys like Stein and Woj have said PHX likes Fields. And nash is a UFA, PHX is is no position to make demands.

Jroz
07-01-2012, 05:21 PM
First off, Nash has to agree to this. Second of all, i don't think just getting him and Lin will suddenly make them contenders.

We wouldnt even have this conversation if Nash didnt want to come to NY, Nash has to want to come and tell PHX to please work with them (no guarentees hah) Agreed, not saying they are instant contenders, but atleast it would keep all of the current pieces there with the ability of now going into free agency with the ME we can offer, plus having all of the same players AND Nash now on the team..could be enticing for other players to want to come and play next to Nash Melo Stat Chandler and Lin

kenzo400
07-01-2012, 05:22 PM
Didn't you say Toronto was a better choice for him? If he thinks his window was closing, which I think it is now, not at 35, he would go straight to Toronto.

And he probably will sign with Toronto. He wasn't a free agent when he was 35 and was a very loyal player to Phoenix.

javsvt
07-01-2012, 05:31 PM
And he probably will sign with Toronto. He wasn't a free agent when he was 35 and was a very loyal player to Phoenix.

He was at 33, when he signed with Phoenix, and they made it pretty far in the playoffs. 33-35, not that far off. What I'm saying is now to start with a young team, who didnt make the playoffs last year, is not a option. Knicks might not win a chip, but they are closer than the Raptors.

sunsfan88
07-01-2012, 05:32 PM
Not a chance they throw in Shump. Only a knicks beat writer brought that up as speculation. The guys like Stein and Woj have said PHX likes Fields. And nash is a UFA, PHX is is no position to make demands.

With the Knicks we can make any demand we want :D

If the NY want him badly enough then they have to give us whatever we ask for or else we'll just let Nash sign with Toronto ;)

Jroz
07-01-2012, 05:40 PM

If the NY want him badly enough then they have to give us whatever we ask for or else we'll just let Nash sign with Toronto ;)

Yea that doesnt make sense...the only thing that does is if PHX wants a particular player that the Knicks have...for some reason they like Landry Fields..and have a chance to get him in Free Agency..problem is he is a RFA. If PHX really wants him regardless wherever Nash goes than it makes sense to THEM to make a deal with NY..Knicks let the league bid Landry (500k prob haha) no one wants him, Knicks sign him at the cheap, trade him to PHX and they get their player for cheap in return. They take back the other contracts, cut all of these guys that arent guarenteed money, and also can take Douglas with a 2mil a year contract which Knicks include 3 mil (2 to pay his stupid contract) 1 to hold on to OR they can say to NY screw you like you may imagine them to want to do, and offer Landry a 2-5 mil a year contract..Knicks say FU back and match PHX without messing with their salary cap and PHX doesnt get anything.

This is all based on PHX actually wanting to potentially sign Fields for some reason...not saying they want to..but they arent exactly in any position to demand any players from us..their player can just walk tomorow and they get nothing either way!

meloman1592
07-01-2012, 05:42 PM
If the suns want shump I'd rather let nash sign elsewhere

kenzo400
07-01-2012, 05:42 PM
He was at 33, when he signed with Phoenix, and they made it pretty far in the playoffs. 33-35, not that far off. What I'm saying is now to start with a young team, who didnt make the playoffs last year, is not a option. Knicks might not win a chip, but they are closer than the Raptors.

Yes, but i'm saying in the last three years. Phoenix management even offered to trade him to a contender and he refused out of loyalty. Plus, like i said before he is not likely to win a championship with the Knicks. Personally i think it's better for him to finish out his career in Canada than lose early on in the playoffs.

nyknicks141
07-01-2012, 05:43 PM

I hope you're not serious.

xxplayerxx23
07-01-2012, 05:43 PM
I dont want to give up shump for nash, **** it we arent getting him anyway so might as well move on to a different FA

Punk
07-01-2012, 05:47 PM
Why would the Knicks need Nash just to hand off the ball to let Melo hold on to it?? I really don't get the fit here except that Nash lives in NYC in the off-season.

Doesn't work that way. When Woodson took over, Melo played off the ball by cutting and finishing on fastbreaks created by Lin.

When he did hold the ball in the post, he created double teams which Nash would be able to knock down open 3s.

Nash will be obviously pick and rolling with Amare, Tyson.

Jroz
07-01-2012, 05:54 PM
Doesn't work that way. When Woodson took over, Melo played off the ball by cutting and finishing on fastbreaks created by Lin.

When he did hold the ball in the post, he created double teams which Nash would be able to knock down open 3s.

Nash will be obviously pick and rolling with Amare, Tyson.

PLUS I think Nash commands a little more respect on the court than Jeremy Lin does, can't we agree..If Nash comes to NY the offense is through him whether its going to be ran to a combination of screens and posting for Melo 70% of the time or if they go back to Nash & Stat pick and roll. Keep in mind Nash is one of the best shooters EVER (90-50-40 club in his sleep) imagine having Melo on the block and having Nash on the wing...just let somoene try to double Melo. Woodson may LOVE Melo and everything but Woodson also loves to win..thats kinda what he's supposed to be getting paid to do. He won't take a two time MVP and one of the best floor generals in the game and tell him to dump down to Melo in the block everytime..come on now

thekmp211
07-01-2012, 06:00 PM
so it's literally shumpert + lin > nash for knicks fans? age is just a number guys.

KnickNyKnick
07-01-2012, 06:02 PM
342,000.. but ok... dam knick fans everthing gets you going... hed be a great addition to your team tho and thats a fact.. we will see you again seeings how rose is hurt and boston is old.. good luck with nash signing with you.. not likely but poss...

yes alot gets us going. because most of us werent even born the last time they won a ring lol. we are the redsox of basketball. curse of the bulls and jordan :(

KniCks4LiFe
07-01-2012, 06:06 PM
Not that I believe it will happen. B/c this deal just seems bogus, we're going by hearsay from 1 source who hasn't been reliable over the yrs. But I just want to hear what this fanbase would say when Melo holds onto that ball after Nash gets it to him and holds it and holds it, then jab steps, jab step, fake, crossover to the left forces a fall away shot that clanks the rim instead of passing it off to the wide open Nash or whoever.

I just want to hear that reaction.

Or when Wade or whatever PG crosses Nash who's help defending again?

xxplayerxx23
07-01-2012, 06:10 PM
Not that I believe it will happen. B/c this deal just seems bogus, we're going by hearsay from 1 source who hasn't been reliable over the yrs. But I just want to hear what this fanbase would say when Melo holds onto that ball after Nash gets it to him and holds it and holds it, then jab steps, jab step, fake, crossover to the left forces a fall away shot that clanks the rim instead of passing it off to the wide open Nash or whoever.

I just want to hear that reaction.

Or when Wade or whatever PG crosses Nash who's help defending again?

Um melo doesnt miss a crossover to the left open mid range, NEXT QUESTION :D

Punk
07-01-2012, 06:11 PM
Anyhow, nobody is overly excited about it.

I'm really not. If he goes to Toronto, I'll be happy for him and the Raptor fans. If he comes to NY, I'll be happy. If he goes to Dallas, I'll be happy for him and Dirk.

beasted86
07-01-2012, 06:39 PM
With no PG, and a lot of turnovers, they were still a good defensive team. You know how many ties they woud turn the ball over and havevto get back on defense rightbaway. All you need is a few good defensive players sprinkled in to help the lack of defense from the players. and the have a few, starting with Chandler and Shump, we might need a few more, but it's a start. Also, now there pg has to play defense, Bibby was slow, and Baron was inconsistent. Nash would be great, Lin would help this also if he pays like he did for us this year.

Well there is no doubt the Knicks are a good offensive team, and adding Nash would make them even more lethal. But I do think at the end of the day the Knicks have 2.5 good defenders: Chandler, Shumpert, and Jeffries who doesn't play every night in the rotation only counting as .5 because of that. The overall makeup and identity of the team is not a "defensive team" because most of the other players don't bother putting in the effort we know they could. But definite credit is due to Chandler and coach Woodson for getting the best the Knicks have had in a while out of that roster.

StarvingKnick22
07-01-2012, 06:42 PM
knicks no-likey nash

StarvingKnick22
07-01-2012, 06:45 PM
in all seriousness, that's impossible.
i know right lol