PDA

View Full Version : CP3 still wants Knicks

waveycrockett
07-01-2012, 10:14 AM
Per Frank Isola of NY Daily News

Full disclosure this guy hates on the Knicks so it's probably legit

Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN

Lot of NBA execs believe Chris Paul is still hoping to find a way to get to the Knicks...won't happen this summer. Maybe next July

Chris Paul turned down an extension with the Clippers this weekend and will be a free agent next summer.

https://twitter.com/FisolaNYDN/status/219432677051334656

aussie
07-01-2012, 10:17 AM
He'll join back with the Hornets

waveycrockett
07-01-2012, 10:18 AM
He'll join back with the Hornets

I doubt it. They got Rivers and Gordon now.

king4day
07-01-2012, 10:19 AM
Knicks would need to clear cap to get him. He should re-up with the Clips. They're a talented team showing that they're trying. The fact that Odom wanted to go there shows they are an attractive destination.

Mr Costanza
07-01-2012, 10:19 AM
As a knick fan I am so over this. No way it can happen. Blah.

Jetsguy
07-01-2012, 10:21 AM
To bad we amnesty turiaf and not amare so we could actually afford him. No pieces for s&t.

KingsOfQueens
07-01-2012, 10:22 AM
Picking up Billup's option to amnesty him a few days later was the most idiotic thing ever.

We could've amnestied Amar'e and gotten Paul.

knicks=love
We never amnestied turiaf? What planet are you from?

yankeesown69
To bad we amnesty turiaf and not amare so we could actually afford him. No pieces for s&t.

We actually amnestied Billups in order to open up cap space for Chandler..

KingsOfQueens
07-01-2012, 10:23 AM
Knicks would need to clear cap to get him. He should re-up with the Clips. They're a talented team showing that they're trying. The fact that Odom wanted to go there shows they are an attractive destination.

Odom is a Kardashian now and just wanted to go to LA. He'd try out for the Dodgers if the Lakers or Clips didn't want him.

waveycrockett
07-01-2012, 10:23 AM
If they trade Chandler they could probably do it.

StarvingKnick22
07-01-2012, 10:24 AM
what we can do is trade amare to a team with cap space like NOLA for more cash sand a 2013 pick and sign CP3 in 2013

nycericanguy
07-01-2012, 10:24 AM

There's no way NY would be able to clear cap space for him, and no way they would do so even if they could without a guarantee.

That being said, NY might be able to make a decent trade offer for him if he tells the Clippers he's leaving next summer and requests a trade to NY. Knicks will finally have some contracts on their books to match up for a max player.

Lin
Fields
Shumpert

The rights to the 2 Greek players they have, who seem to be promising, especially Koutas. Plus whoever they pick in the 2013 draft.

Mr.B
07-01-2012, 10:25 AM
I don't think the fact that Chris Paul turned down an extension is any sign that he doesn't want to in LA. He just knows that he can get more money by waiting until next year. As a free agent some other team is going to offer him a max contract and the Clippers will be forced to match.

Slimsim
07-01-2012, 10:26 AM
Probably a deal for amare and lin for cp3

knicks=love
07-01-2012, 10:33 AM
cue the ridiculous knicks trade offers in 3, 2, 1...

meloman1592
07-01-2012, 10:34 AM
i love cp3 but as knicks fans...lets get over this

dtmagnet
07-01-2012, 10:34 AM
The Knicks moved on from Chris Paul, how has he not realized that?

Glen20
07-01-2012, 10:35 AM
Probably a deal for amare and lin for cp3

why would LAC take stoudemire when they already have blake griffin

KingsOfQueens
07-01-2012, 10:36 AM
The Knicks moved on from Chris Paul, how has he not realized that?

I don't know but if the best PG in the NBA wants to play for you, you gotta at least try to get it done.

KingsOfQueens
07-01-2012, 10:37 AM

Amar'e actually plays better as a C, but they have DeAndre Jordan there (now thats on overpaid player..all he does is dunk from feeds by Paul and block shots).

oak2455
07-01-2012, 10:38 AM
Give the Clippers Cano.... Oops wrong team:eyebrow:

Dade County
07-01-2012, 10:42 AM

smh.... you mean billups.

And if Cp3 wants to go to Ny, thats fine with me... I am not going to hate on a future free agent.

But he just needs to find out how is he going to get paid...:facepalm:

jimm120
07-01-2012, 10:45 AM
As a knick fan I am so over this. No way it can happen. Blah.

Amare plus Lin if Lin has a good year.

jimm120
07-01-2012, 10:45 AM

If anything, Amare would be Center. after last season, it showed that he's best at center.

DragonJaii
07-01-2012, 10:48 AM
keep dreaming

Knicks21
07-01-2012, 10:48 AM
Yeah dont want him, win with the core now or just blow it up, sick of free agency speculation.

If talks get serious I am going to disappear from PSD, especially the Knicks forum for several months.

meloman1592
07-01-2012, 10:51 AM
Yeah dont want him, win with the core now or just blow it up, sick of free agency speculation.

If talks get serious I am going to disappear from PSD, especially the Knicks forum for several months.

well said..the knicks have to stop with the circus b.s

Dankster
07-01-2012, 10:51 AM
Not surprising in the least bit, it's no secret him and Carmelo became pretty much best buds last offseason when they were traveling together overseas promoting the Nike brand.

Unfortunately, that's the way the league is being shifted---stars want to play with their buddies---Lebron with Dwade and Bosh, Dwight with Deron, etc.

I don't think it's as far fetched as it may seem. A lot of it, I believe, will be predicated on if Amar'e can come back to his form from 2011. If he can, he might actually hold some trade value to a team to clear up cap space to make a run at CP3.

No doubt in my mind that if Paul wants NY, than Melo would know about this and tell the higher ups CP3's intentions. Still it's a year away and a lot of things (and peoples minds,) can change by than.

dtmagnet
07-01-2012, 10:53 AM
Amar'e actually plays better as a C, but they have DeAndre Jordan there (now thats on overpaid player..all he does is dunk from feeds by Paul and block shots).

The salaries of Amare Carmelo and Chandler alone prevent you from ever having him on the squad. Not to mention a re-signed Lin and all your other players.

KingsOfQueens
07-01-2012, 10:59 AM
The salaries of Amare Carmelo and Chandler alone prevent you from ever having him on the squad. Not to mention a re-signed Lin and all your other players.

Oh of course. I was talking about in a scenario where we get rid of Amar'e, thats the only way. Although I'd actually like to have him on a team that includes Chris Paul.

Someone suggested getting ridding of Chandler, and move Amare to C, and while that would make a great deal of sense from an offensive standpoint, we have no defense and Paul and Chandler are close friends, and I imagine thats one of the reasons he hasn't taken NY off his radar.

GiantsSwaGG
07-01-2012, 10:59 AM
Not gonna happen

DR_1
07-01-2012, 11:02 AM
I don't know but if the best PG in the NBA wants to play for you, you gotta at least try to get it done.

Derrick Rose doesn't want to play in New York

NYsFinest
07-01-2012, 11:04 AM
Not this again....

KingsOfQueens
07-01-2012, 11:05 AM

I know. I was talking about the best PG in the NBA..Chris Paul.

oak2455
07-01-2012, 11:08 AM

Now he's not maybe when he comes back but now he's just another injured player

Sports Illustrator
07-01-2012, 11:09 AM
I haven't read Chris Paul saying anything about wanting NY. The reason why I think he declined the 3 years extension is because next summer he will be able to get a 5 year deal (at about $108 mil), so it looks like it could be more of a financial decision than anything else.

StarvingKnick22
07-01-2012, 11:15 AM
I haven't read Chris Paul saying anything about wanting NY. The reason why I think he declined the 3 years extension is because next summer he will be able to get a 5 year deal (at about $108 mil), so it looks like it could be more of a financial decision than anything else. no. he wanted to come to New york and got traded to L.A. He doesnt want to play on a team that he'll have to do all the work. the Knicks is where he wants to go and thats where he will go. no matter what, he will come to the Knicks. one way or the other.

Jint.
07-01-2012, 11:16 AM
:horse:

knicks=love
07-01-2012, 11:16 AM
no. he wanted to come to New york and got traded to L.A. He doesnt want to play on a team that he'll have to do all the work. the Knicks is where he wants to go and thats where he will go. no matter what, he will come to the Knicks. one way or the other.

my god, let it go.

RaiderKid318
07-01-2012, 11:21 AM
what we can do is trade amare to a team with cap space like NOLA for more cash sand a 2013 pick and sign CP3 in 2013

We wouldn't take him lol. Def not if we had to give up a pick. We are rebuilding and he would take time away from Davis which is just stupid. Never gonna happen.

StarvingKnick22
07-01-2012, 11:23 AM
my god, let it go. NEVER! i waited 3 freggin years for CP3 only to see him get traded to the hair clippers. HE WANTS TO CME HERE AND HE WILL! :mad:

ricomactaco
07-01-2012, 11:23 AM
no. he wanted to come to New york and got traded to L.A. He doesnt want to play on a team that he'll have to do all the work. the Knicks is where he wants to go and thats where he will go. no matter what, he will come to the Knicks. one way or the other.

Pretty sure this is sarcasm. :laugh2:

Gritz
07-01-2012, 11:26 AM
This isn't even worthy enough to be called bull.... this is dogs***

NY007
07-01-2012, 11:29 AM
Maybe the Knicks and Paul want this to happen but theres no way now. It's done, move the **** on.

popo85
07-01-2012, 11:31 AM
Hope NY gets him away from Flop city my 2nd fav team is Knicks.

LakersIn5
07-01-2012, 11:32 AM
cp3 to lakers
lowry, kmart to clippers
gasol to rockets

StarvingKnick22
07-01-2012, 11:41 AM
Pretty sure this is sarcasm. :laugh2:

:mad: no, its not

Rain City
07-01-2012, 11:44 AM
CP3 is a buster... always looking for the easiest route to a title... i bet he ends up in mia

xxplayerxx23
07-01-2012, 11:46 AM
LMAO For the MLE? LOL

97NYer
07-01-2012, 11:47 AM
There's no way NY would be able to clear cap space for him, and no way they would do so even if they could without a guarantee.

That being said, NY might be able to make a decent trade offer for him if he tells the Clippers he's leaving next summer and requests a trade to NY. Knicks will finally have some contracts on their books to match up for a max player.

Lin
Fields
Shumpert

The rights to the 2 Greek players they have, who seem to be promising, especially Koutas. Plus whoever they pick in the 2013 draft.

They can have Amar'e and Lin and a pick, nobody touches our Greeks or Shump

jrm2054
07-01-2012, 11:47 AM
he shouldn't have opted in :shrug:

xxplayerxx23
07-01-2012, 11:50 AM
CP3 is a buster... always looking for the easiest route to a title... i bet he ends up in mia

ok How much?

raiderfaninTX
07-01-2012, 11:57 AM
Per Frank Isola of NY Daily News

Full disclosure this guy hates on the Knicks so it's probably legit

Chris Paul turned down an extension with the Clippers this weekend and will be a free agent next summer.

https://twitter.com/FisolaNYDN/status/219432677051334656

Thats what it takes to prove there is truth in a story.

"Kobe bryant about to be traded to the pistons for a second round pick and a chrysler 300m " -ME

I hate the lakers so someone please make a thread about it because that trade rumor is true.

justinnum1
07-01-2012, 11:57 AM
:laugh2:

KniCks4LiFe
07-01-2012, 12:01 PM
i am soooooo over this.

Punk
07-01-2012, 12:03 PM
Lol, That's nice but It's too late for that Paul. Stay in Clipper land.

Maybe a Lin/Nash/Fields trade for Paul at the trade deadline but I doubt it.

knicks=love
07-01-2012, 12:05 PM
Lol, That's nice but It's too late for that Paul. Stay in Clipper land.

Maybe a Lin/Nash/Fields trade for Paul at the trade deadline but I doubt it.

when did we get nash..?

Yankeefan213
07-01-2012, 12:08 PM
God not this again... He isn't coming to New York, get over it people.

airforceones25
07-01-2012, 12:16 PM
Lolololololololololol

Punk
07-01-2012, 12:21 PM
when did we get nash..?

Assuming we sign & trade for him.

TheIlladelph16
07-01-2012, 12:29 PM
Amare plus Lin if Lin has a good year.

Unless the Clippers are absolutely sure that he is going to leave via free agency they would never trade CP3 for Amare's knees/contract and a PG who is so far a flash in the pan. Shumpert and Fields at least would have to be included somehow to even make that slightly enticing for LA. I'm sure they can get better offers than what the Knicks could offer though.

knicks=love
07-01-2012, 12:31 PM
Assuming we sign & trade for him.

well that's not happening. i can assure you that.

Dankster
07-01-2012, 12:35 PM
well that's not happening. i can assure you that.

Just wondering, are you somehow related to Grunwald or any of the Knicks front office brass?? Just curious to know, because you make such definitive comments on the general forum and the Knicks forum like you have the inside scoop on what's going to happen.

Making such "absolute" statements only makes you sound like a fool sir.

And if I remember correctly you didn't even know that was David RObinson in your sig, so I question your basketball knowledge greatly.

sharqstealth
07-01-2012, 12:36 PM
This is not happening... Let's stop the fantasies now...

knicks=love
07-01-2012, 12:40 PM
Just wondering, are you somehow related to Grunwald or any of the Knicks front office brass?? Just curious to know, because you make such definitive comments on the general forum and the Knicks forum like you have the inside scoop on what's going to happen.

Making such "absolute" statements only makes you sound like a fool sir.

And if I remember correctly you didn't even know that was David RObinson in your sig, so I question your basketball knowledge greatly.

:laugh: are you serious? what do we have to give to get nash? you wanna part with shumpert or lin? go ahead. then when nash retires and we have late round picks, you think a good enough PG will be able to run the offense? ok. i've heard multiple reports from an assortment of analysts saying that toronto, phoenix, and one other team are more likely rather than NY. i'm being real, rather than trying to have a pipe dream like the rest of the knicks fan base about every FA on this site.

edit: and if we don't get nash, how the hell do you expect to get cp3? i'd love to hear this one.

blastmasta26
07-01-2012, 12:41 PM
Lmao what? :laugh2:

Of course, anyone would love to have CP3, but it's just not feasible. They would have to get rid of Amare or Tyson and I don't see any trade that would free up cap.

onlythisfar41
07-01-2012, 12:47 PM
I just cant see it happening. Believe me I would be thrilled if it did, but its just not feasible.

fadedmario
07-01-2012, 12:48 PM
Yawn.

310Casper
07-01-2012, 12:51 PM
if he leaves the clippers after this upcoming season, the clippers will go back to another decade of purgatory and mediocrity. They can only land a guy like cp3 once in a decade, the better do everything they possibly can to keep him.

blastmasta26
07-01-2012, 01:09 PM
if he leaves the clippers after this upcoming season, the clippers will go back to another decade of purgatory and mediocrity. They can only land a guy like cp3 once in a decade, the better do everything they possibly can to keep him.
Blake Griffin can very well become a superstar, and Eric Bledsoe has some good potential as well. Their ceiling would be much lower without Paul for sure, but I don't think they would be too bad.

jiggin
07-01-2012, 01:10 PM
some players are just media whores...chris paul being one of them (or his agent wanting him to be).

me me me...even if its not my turn in the offseason spot light...please talk about me me me.

no thank you media whore.

sunnydayin'zona
07-01-2012, 01:51 PM
I don't think the fact that Chris Paul turned down an extension is any sign that he doesn't want to in LA. He just knows that he can get more money by waiting until next year. As a free agent some other team is going to offer him a max contract and the Clippers will be forced to match.

Clippers don't need to be forced to match a max contract. Paul not getting a max contract from whatever team he is on would be laughable

sunnydayin'zona
07-01-2012, 01:52 PM

If the Clippers' front court was Blake-Amare, you could score on them at will. That would be horrible defense. Not to mention, they do the same thing on offense. There would be no reason for that at all

thekmp211
07-01-2012, 02:15 PM
this will die within a week. LAC is the best place for him it's a no brainer.

if the clippers sign and trade him for anyone on the knicks besides melo chandler and shumpert i would donate to the charity for former clippers fans.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-02-2012, 02:29 AM
NEVER! i waited 3 freggin years for CP3 only to see him get traded to the hair clippers. HE WANTS TO CME HERE AND HE WILL! :mad:

lol

he wanted the lakers but stern vetoed it

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-02-2012, 02:31 AM
when did we get nash..?

lmao

Clippersfan86
07-02-2012, 03:26 AM
this will die within a week. LAC is the best place for him it's a no brainer.

if the clippers sign and trade him for anyone on the knicks besides melo chandler and shumpert i would donate to the charity for former clippers fans.

Bingo. Impressed that half of the Knicks fans in here used common sense. The ones that didn't gave me good laughs. You guys realize that this guy is extremely bad when it comes to reputation right? Same guy who last week tweeted that Melo said CP3 will remain with the Clippers he thinks and that CP3 is very happy.

Knicks fans... Melo spent a WEEK about two weeks ago training daily with Griffin, CP3 and other Clippers players and NBA players at the Clippers training facility. Should I make up a stupid rumor about how that means Melo wants to go to the Clippers? Stop living in fantasy land. Knicks already have a mess to sort through and the Clippers are already successfully building around CP3 and he's recruiting for the team big time. I'd say there is MAYBE a 20 percent chance he leaves next summer.

justinnum1
07-02-2012, 04:55 AM
Bingo. Impressed that half of the Knicks fans in here used common sense. The ones that didn't gave me good laughs. You guys realize that this guy is extremely bad when it comes to reputation right? Same guy who last week tweeted that Melo said CP3 will remain with the Clippers he thinks and that CP3 is very happy.

Knicks fans... Melo spent a WEEK about two weeks ago training daily with Griffin, CP3 and other Clippers players and NBA players at the Clippers training facility. Should I make up a stupid rumor about how that means Melo wants to go to the Clippers? Stop living in fantasy land. Knicks already have a mess to sort through and the Clippers are already successfully building around CP3 and he's recruiting for the team big time. I'd say there is MAYBE a 20 percent chance he leaves next summer.

let them dream

WickedBadMan
07-02-2012, 06:08 AM
Lol am I really reading Chris Paul for Amare and Lin proposals?

I'm 99% sure the Clippers would rather let him walk for NOTHING than take Amares contract and help Paul **** them, what planet do you think this is?

Badluck33
07-02-2012, 06:50 AM
NYK are fine with Lin.

LongIslandIcedZ
07-02-2012, 07:37 AM
Maybe if he wants to take the MLE

StarvingKnick22
07-02-2012, 08:14 AM
NYK are fine with Lin. WTF? are you telling me you would have Jeremy Lin over Chris Paul?:facepalm:

justinnum1
07-02-2012, 09:00 AM
He was the one piece that would have made Knicks contenders IMO. They need to do whatever it takes to get him.

HeaTxRipZz
07-02-2012, 09:08 AM
Will be close to impossible to get him if Melo isn't involved in the deal. We don't have the money to sign him outright and we have no Assets that comes close to CP3's value that we are willing to move.

If CP3 becomes a Knicks next year I will honestly be surprised but I'd welcome it for damn sure

GrumpyOldMan
07-02-2012, 09:18 AM
WTF? are you telling me you would have Jeremy Lin over Chris Paul?:facepalm:

Where did he say that? Nobody thinks Lin is better than Paul, but nobody over 15 who lives outside of NewYork thinks the Knicks can get Paul. The numbers dont work. Maybe they should try actually developing Shump, Fields and Lin. At some point the Knicks need to develop some of their own players instead of taking guys off other teams.

Punk
07-02-2012, 09:36 AM
This is still open? Lol

It's not happening, he didn't want to wat it it out and use his leverage to come here. We're not getting him unless he wants to take 3 million or less in the summer which is never happening.

Just re-sign and get paid in the summer.

Badluck33
07-02-2012, 09:39 AM
WTF? are you telling me you would have Jeremy Lin over Chris Paul?:facepalm:

WTF? In a uncapped NBA, yes absolutely.

With this new cba, the smart GMs/teams will be successful. :facepalm:

StarvingKnick22
07-02-2012, 10:02 AM
Where did he say that? Nobody thinks Lin is better than Paul, but nobody over 15 who lives outside of NewYork thinks the Knicks can get Paul. The numbers dont work. Maybe they should try actually developing Shump, Fields and Lin. At some point the Knicks need to develop some of their own players instead of taking guys off other teams.
have you ever heard of FREE AGENCY? He stated at Carmelo Anthony's wedding saying 'A cheers for Carmelo", *looks at Lebron,then back at Melo, says "And Maybe next year we'll be able to form our own big three in New York" :). (Request a trade soon after and gets traded to Clippers.) :facepalm:

LongIslandIcedZ
07-02-2012, 10:06 AM
There is a salary cap, they cannot get Chris Paul without giving up Amar'e. And if the Knicks are able to trade Amar'e, it certainly wont be for a player the caliber of CP3.

GrumpyOldMan
07-02-2012, 10:06 AM
have you ever heard of FREE AGENCY? He stated at Carmelo Anthony's wedding saying 'A cheers for Carmelo", *looks at Lebron,then back at Melo, says "And Maybe next year we'll be able to form our own big three in New York" :). (Request a trade soon after and gets traded to Clippers.) :facepalm:

FreeAgency??? The Knicks? Do you think CP3 should have to pay them money for the priviledge of playing with them? They could do a sign and trade I suppose, but the contracts just don't work to do it.

Evolution23
07-02-2012, 10:45 AM
stop it we are over this

GiantsSwaGG
07-02-2012, 10:49 AM
He's not going to be a Knick....close thread