PDA

View Full Version : Celts want allen back badly

We_need_players
07-01-2012, 09:48 AM
Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard
Source: Celtics willing to double (in terms of $) Heat offer to Ray Allen. Will give 2 years/$12 million. Heat can offer only $3 mill a yr

StarvingKnick22
07-01-2012, 09:50 AM
knicks can offer 5 mil

justinnum1
Damn

^he isn't going to the Knicks

Glen20
wow...
thats a crapload of money

Blitzbolt
07-01-2012, 09:52 AM
Grizzlies also offer him 5mil for 4 years 20mill.

I wonder what he is gonna do.

Glen20
07-01-2012, 09:54 AM
hell prolly resign with boston

We_need_players
07-01-2012, 09:55 AM
Grizzlies also offer him 5mil for 4 years 20mill.

I wonder what he is gonna do.

Why would he go to a pretender? and not a contender?

waveycrockett
07-01-2012, 09:56 AM
wtf are the celtics doing? That team is mad old just rebuild already

Blitzbolt
07-01-2012, 09:56 AM
Why would he go to a pretender? and not a contender?

more cash but yea its very unlikely.

DeadMemories
07-01-2012, 09:59 AM
Re-sign Ray! Don't go to the evil heat!

nycericanguy
07-01-2012, 10:03 AM
I don't get why Ray wants to go to MIA.

He's supposedly not happy about Bradley starting in BOS, but Ray isn't going to start in MIA either.

And as Nash said, its one thing for a vet to go to a contender to put them over the top, but going to a team that's already won without you is just sort of bandwaging on for a title.

Ray could start on NY, LAC & MEM. those I would understand if he wants to start.

lavilevi23
07-01-2012, 10:08 AM
They can keep his old *****
Gimme Jason Terry or J.R Smith.

YoungOne
07-01-2012, 10:14 AM
6 mil. is not badly...

NSJ
07-01-2012, 10:29 AM

Lol you'd love to have ray on your team

Sports Illustrator
07-01-2012, 10:29 AM
Now that it looks like Garnett will stay in Boston, I think it is also very likely that Ray Allen will stay and especially since they can offer more money than Miami. At this point, it looks like his decision has come down to choosing between Miami and Boston even though he'll have to come off the bench for both teams.

Mr. Baller
07-01-2012, 10:31 AM
Come to Miami Ray Ray!

BALLER R
07-01-2012, 10:31 AM
Just be loyal and stay in Boston.

Glen20
07-01-2012, 10:33 AM

we should eliminate free agency

lavilevi23
07-01-2012, 10:39 AM
Celtics got no chance against Miami with another year for their dinosaurs

Celtic AL
07-01-2012, 10:40 AM
as a c's fan i want jason terry instead of Allen!

looka09
07-01-2012, 10:47 AM
Thats too much..

X12Celtics3
07-01-2012, 10:55 AM
I don't think its that bad. What the Heat can offer is too low, and if Memphis is really offering 4yrs/20 million then that's too long. This offer pays him slightly more than Memphis, but its more team friendly because its shorter and will expire at the same time as Pierce's gigantic contract (I believe).

SteBO
07-01-2012, 11:55 AM
I think Ray Allen going back to Boston has been solidified after hearing this.....Jason Terry should probably be the Heat's next option, but I kinda feel he's using us as leverage to extort more $$$ out of Cuban's pocket.

BALLER R
07-01-2012, 11:58 AM
we should eliminate free agency

I'm saying that because he won with them. They just need to add a couple more pieces and they could win another one before he retires.

justinnum1
07-01-2012, 11:59 AM
Allen ain't leaving. He's gonna have his season ended by Miami for a 3rd str8 year lol

Heater4life
07-01-2012, 12:09 PM

I agree, theres no better feeling than staying true to an organization.......and being dangled as trade bait at the deadline.

As great as the C's organization is, business is business.

Heater4life
07-01-2012, 12:09 PM
I would love Ray in a Heat uniform. I just dont see it happening.

SteBO
07-01-2012, 12:13 PM
I would love Ray in a Heat uniform. I just dont see it happening.
I thought it was over the minute KG re-signed for the money he got. They feel like they have another legit shot at the title now after what they saw from KG last year, and I don't blame them really. Avery Bradley, Chris Wilcox, and Jeff Green are all good players.....and all of them were absent last year during the playoffs. Not saying they would've beaten the Heat, but I can't lie, they're good options to have on a team.

I Rock Shaqs
07-01-2012, 12:25 PM
I think this might possibly be the worst free agency ever, for over-paying people,

heatfan03
07-01-2012, 01:03 PM
I don't get why Ray wants to go to MIA.

He's supposedly not happy about Bradley starting in BOS, but Ray isn't going to start in MIA either.

And as Nash said, its one thing for a vet to go to a contender to put them over the top, but going to a team that's already won without you is just sort of bandwaging on for a title.

Ray could start on NY, LAC & MEM. those I would understand if he wants to start.

I think its a bit different when your not starting behind a 1st ballot hall of famer :clap:

Knick_Fever
07-01-2012, 01:15 PM
Damn

^he isn't going to the Knicks

I agree, but with Boston doubling up the offer, no way he goes to the Heat either.

hugepatsfan
07-01-2012, 01:19 PM
I think if BOS w/ KG and PP still wants him, it'll be tough for him to turn those guys down after all they've been through to go to MIA. BOS does seem like probably the closest group of guys in the NBA. I think deep down he knows MIA means another ring or 2 for him and BOS probably doesn't, but it isn't like he's chasing his first one.

Corey
07-01-2012, 01:21 PM
Ugh. I love Ray, but I wish the Celtics rebuilt when they had the chance.

Knick_Fever
07-01-2012, 01:21 PM

Thats what they said this year and they pushed them to the limit. Remember, Rondo isn't one of those dinosaurs. They also had a good draft and probably will sign someone significant.

SteBO
07-01-2012, 01:23 PM
Ugh. I love Ray, but I wish the Celtics rebuilt when they had the chance.
I agree. It should've happened a few years ago after they lost to the Lakers, but I think Ainge has convinced himself that this is still a championship level team.

We_need_players
07-01-2012, 02:18 PM
Sources confirm Memphis has offered full midlevel to Ray Allen for 2 yrs. Bos willing to pay 2 yrs/$12 mill, tho no offer made yet.

We_need_players
07-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Allen weighing 3 factors in decision: 1 - chances of competing for title; 2 - role on team; & 3 - money offered

Miami can pay $3 mill/yr. ATL, Dallas and Los Angeles Clippers also interested in Ray Allen.

raptor fan
07-01-2012, 02:44 PM
Since he already won a championship, he should probably just stay in Boston, and take the additional money. I guess Boston's going to try and milk whatever they can out of Garnett, Allen, and Pierce before they retire.

justinnum1
07-01-2012, 02:46 PM

Thats what they said this year and they pushed them to the limit. Remember, Rondo isn't one of those dinosaurs. They also had a good draft and probably will sign someone significant.

Let's forget bosh was out. And no. Bradley doesn't make a big difference because wade played like **** anyways.

faridk89
07-01-2012, 02:56 PM
Ray and Nash to toronto!!!

Knick_Fever
07-01-2012, 02:56 PM
Let's forget bosh was out. And no. Bradley doesn't make a big difference because wade played like **** anyways.

Bradley doesn't make a big difference? That's an outrageous statement bro that guy is a stout defender. He definitely will present Wade with problems.

SteBO
07-01-2012, 02:59 PM
Bradley doesn't make a big difference? That's an outrageous statement bro that guy is a stout defender. He definitely will present Wade with problems.
Wade didn't play well that entire series anyway, so that point is moot. That's what justin is saying. Point is that Bradley's impact on Boston isn't as big as Bosh's for the Heat. There's really no way around that.....

justinnum1
07-01-2012, 03:00 PM

Wade could not have played any worse. He was injured and they were doubling him

We will see next year when they meet in the ecf again.

Delusional
07-01-2012, 03:03 PM
Ray is going back to Boston. They will give him the most, he can compete with Bradley to start, and he will be a solid contributor regardless of being the starter or the 6th man.

Knick_Fever
07-01-2012, 03:12 PM
Wade didn't play well that entire series anyway, so that point is moot. That's what justin is saying. Point is that Bradley's impact on Boston isn't as big as Bosh's for the Heat. There's really no way around that.....

How could you possibly make that statement without seeing the kid play? Who knows how much difference Bradley would've made in comparison to Bosh's? And if you're going to say that Wade didn't play well all series (obviously because of injury) you have to equally agree that Allen didn't play well because of the same reason.

justinnum1
07-01-2012, 03:14 PM

How could you possibly make that statement without seeing the kid play? Who knows how much difference Bradley would've made in comparison to Bosh's? And if you're going to say that Wade didn't play well all series (obviously because of injury) you have to equally agree that Allen didn't play well because of the same reason.

Like i said. We will find out next season when they meet again in the ecf.

SteBO
07-01-2012, 03:20 PM
If I haven't seen him play, i wouldn't have made that statement. I've seen plenty of him, all year (league pass), and in turn I was able to form my own opinion. We agree on Allen. Moving on......

Knick_Fever
07-01-2012, 03:20 PM
Fair enough, but not if my Knicks meet you there first, lol. Hey I gotta rep my team, right?

ryang
07-01-2012, 03:33 PM
I love all the injury talk.. we beat the bulls and celtics in 5 last year and we beat okc in 5.. Does anybody realize that the bulls and celtics would have been crushed by OKC? if not well i dont know what to tell you.. Let me know when chicago or boston beats the HEAT in a playoff series.. until then cry elsewhere

Blitzbolt
07-01-2012, 03:51 PM
I love all the injury talk.. we beat the bulls and celtics in 5 last year and we beat okc in 5.. Does anybody realize that the bulls and celtics would have been crushed by OKC? if not well i dont know what to tell you.. Let me know when chicago or boston beats the HEAT in a playoff series.. until then cry elsewhere

I agree the injury CARD is use by P#$$!S cough Knicks fans cough

310Casper
07-01-2012, 04:07 PM
wow, so garnett and allen possibly staying. celtics are just asking for purgatory heaven for the next 3 years. everyone else is getting better, they're just aging and getting worse

bearadonisdna
07-01-2012, 04:12 PM

Who cares how the heat beat boston two years ago?

They just recently took the HEATs 7 games. And the Heat covet one of their players. So they aint looking too bad considering they actually had a draft.

And im not a boston fan.
And if Boston can u take u the heat 7 games, a bulls team whos younger and some say more talented, definately could stand a chance.

ryang
07-01-2012, 04:18 PM
Who cares how the heat beat boston two years ago?

They just recently took the HEATs 7 games. And the Heat covet one of their players. So they aint looking too bad considering they actually had a draft.

And im not a boston fan.
And if Boston can u take u the heat 7 games, a bulls team whos younger and some say more talented, definately could stand a chance.

not sure if your joking?? bosh was out.. he came back and we won... we beat boston the past 2 years.. not 2 years ago..:facepalm: and the last time I checked there not getting any younger.. and ray allen would have a bigger impact on the heat then boston.. as far as chicago goes until they beat us im not afraid of them or thankful rose went down... again until one of those 2 teams beat us in the PLAYOFFS dont expect me to apologize for there injurys or expect them to beat us... get a grip dude they (boston and chicago) are 2nd and 3rd best in the east let me know when that changes...

Jonathan2323
Boston has no chance if the HEAT are fully healthy plus they will be an year older.

ryang
and I never said they dont stand a chance but they are both the underdog until proven otherwise...

Im_in_Mia_bish
07-01-2012, 04:27 PM
here's a thought to the celtics crybabies.

- miami heat rely on scoring from 3 players.

1. lebron
2. wade
3. bosh

without bosh, they were playign against a 2/3 heat team. infact, if bosh wouldnt have returned for the series, i woulda put it 1 1/2/3 because wade was injured.

so 2/3. and still heat beat them.

im sorry but in what world is avery bradley, and a 'healthy' allen 1/3 of boston's production?
they rely 1/2 of their offense on 'Hondo'
1/4 on KJ. 1/8 on paulina and the rest on everyone else.

Boston Celtics in no way, are better than the miami heat. end of discussion.
celtic fans and their franchise want a banner or medal for taking the heat to 7 games tho.

NO.

bearadonisdna
07-01-2012, 04:28 PM
not sure if your joking?? bosh was out.. he came back and we won... we beat boston the past 2 years.. not 2 years ago..:facepalm: and the last time I checked there not getting any younger.. and ray allen would have a bigger impact on the heat then boston.. as far as chicago goes until they beat us im not afraid of them or thankful rose went down... again until one of those 2 teams beat us in the PLAYOFFS dont expect me to apologize for there injurys or expect them to beat us... get a grip dude they (boston and chicago) are 2nd and 3rd best in the east let me know when that changes...

The point is that the East closed the gap on the Heat.

And if either of those teams beat the heat in the playoffs, the running of your mouth will cease cuz u wont have anything left to say.

Federal Reserve
07-01-2012, 04:29 PM
Ray Allen is nothing more than a spot up shooter at this point of his career. Allen can't dribble, drive, create offense or make great passes. I would argue that Steve Novak is more valuable because of how much cheaper his contract is.

ryang
07-01-2012, 04:30 PM
nothing can be said anymore.. argue all you want but boston and chicago have not beat the heat in the playoffs and from the look of things thats not changing... argue injurys all you want.. they were healthy a year ago and lost they werent healthy this year and lost.. both = an L..just sayin

ryang
07-01-2012, 04:32 PM
The point is that the Eats closed the gap on the Heat.

And if either of those teams beat the heat in the playoffs, the running of your mouth will cease cuz u wont have anything left to say.

1: what????

2: why?? it hasnt worked for you... they have both lost the past 2 seasons and your still talking injury..

now go stick your head in the sand and cry... HEAT>boston.. HEAT>chicago... how can you argue that?? its really ******** and sad..

bearadonisdna
07-01-2012, 04:40 PM
[/B]

1: what????

2: why?? it hasnt worked for you... they have both lost the past 2 seasons and your still talking injury..

now go stick your head in the sand and cry... HEAT>boston.. HEAT>chicago... how can you argue that?? its really ******** and sad..

I havent mentioned injuries once. sorry u lose little guy.

Slug3
07-01-2012, 04:53 PM
The point is that the East closed the gap on the Heat.

Heat just won the championship less then 2 weeks ago. No one has closed any gap really since then.

bearadonisdna
07-01-2012, 05:00 PM
Heat just won the championship less then 2 weeks ago. No one has closed any gap really since then.

Thats not exactly what im saying bro.
But considering teams have added 1st round talent via the draft,

and the heat havent,

is that really an accurate statement?

ryang
07-01-2012, 05:02 PM
you think chicago and boston are a few rookies away from beating us?? and i dont lose you are making **** up as u go... the HEAT ARE A BETTER BASKETBALL TEAM then either of them.. i guess we will prove it again this year...

ryang
07-01-2012, 05:07 PM
you have your opinion thats fine.. but until chicago or boston takes down the back to back eastern conference champs and the nba champions they are not as good as the HEAT period.. you sound more and more like a wishful thinker..

bearadonisdna
07-01-2012, 05:22 PM
you have your opinion thats fine.. but until chicago or boston takes down the back to back eastern conference champs and the nba champions they are not as good as the HEAT period.. you sound more and more like a wishful thinker..

It sounds like u have trouble distinguishing fact and opinion.
Anyways i gotta to go.

THE MTL
07-01-2012, 05:37 PM
Celtics keeping that team in tact. And maybe adding a piece in free agency. That team can still compete and between Bradley, Allen, and JEFF GREEN they werent healthy last season. I'd like to see what a full Celtics squad can do.

masTOR_shake1
07-01-2012, 05:56 PM
if the raps sign nash, they could make a play for allen.
nash
derozan
valenchunis
bargnani
allen with ross, kleza, ed davis, amir johnson and bayless off the bench.

not a bad team, probaby a 6-7 seed in the east imo

corky831
07-01-2012, 06:47 PM
Gotta love those 2010 heat fans....

Slug3
07-01-2012, 06:52 PM

Glad to know you have only been a NY fan since 2010 as well.

LA_Raiders
07-01-2012, 07:10 PM

lol, agree

ryang
07-01-2012, 07:11 PM

you guys really gotta come up with something else... im 30 and have been watching the heat since 88.. you were in diapers probably... Heat > celtics... that is all

Jarvo
07-01-2012, 07:12 PM
Come to the Spurs :) matter as **** wtf are we gonna do this offseason !

LA_Raiders
07-01-2012, 07:13 PM
Allen should go back to Bos. More money and he is building a legacy on the team...

Big 3 last stand...

Blitzbolt
07-01-2012, 07:16 PM
1.Ray joins the Heat and plays Mike Miller role wins another ring.
2.picks the celtics and Keeps the Dino Era in Boston.

Heat fans will come out winning either way.

bagwell368
07-01-2012, 09:26 PM
Celtics keeping that team in tact. And maybe adding a piece in free agency. That team can still compete and between Bradley, Allen, and JEFF GREEN they werent healthy last season. I'd like to see what a full Celtics squad can do.

The big 3 will never make it through a regular season and playoffs healthy this year or next. The Celts don't even have Green under contract, and Bass opted out. The Celts are destined to be 3rd seed in the East at best, or as low as 7th if the injury bug hits and out in 1 or 2 rounds.

justinnum1
07-01-2012, 09:31 PM
celtics made their offer, its not going to change, what is allen taking so long for? i think he is holding up other teams and will just return to bosotn in a week.

celtics fans, ow much cap space would they have if they gave allen that 2/12 deal?

IIISSKiLL
07-01-2012, 09:32 PM

J.R. Smith ? Nahhhhh the Knicks can keep his ***

justinnum1
07-01-2012, 09:33 PM
lmao

allen>>>>smith

IIISSKiLL
07-01-2012, 09:36 PM
Why should Ray Allen stay in Boston ? They will sign him this year to try and get a trade out of it regardless.. He should go to New york, Miami, or the Clippers and finish his career

justinnum1
07-01-2012, 09:37 PM
Why should Ray Allen stay in Boston ? They will sign him this year to try and get a trade out of it regardless.. He should go to New york, Miami, or the Clippers and finish his career

its hard to leave a contender that was one game from the finals, to join another contender and take less money doing so...

its just a real unique situation. whatever he does would be understandable

Green_Monster
07-01-2012, 09:59 PM
celtics made their offer, its not going to change, what is allen taking so long for? i think he is holding up other teams and will just return to bosotn in a week.

celtics fans, ow much cap space would they have if they gave allen that 2/12 deal?

Not much cap. I think we had 10-13 Mill after signing KG.

We still have to resign Green, Stiemsma, Dooling, Pietrus, +.

If Garnett wanted another championship run, he should of taken less money.

Also, why can't the Celtics be championship contenders next year? (Not saying that to you). They came close to beating the Heat without Bradley, Green, Wilcox, and O'Neal.

justinnum1
07-01-2012, 10:11 PM
Not much cap. I think we had 10-13 Mill after signing KG.

We still have to resign Green, Stiemsma, Dooling, Pietrus, +.

If Garnett wanted another championship run, he should of taken less money.

Also, why can't the Celtics be championship contenders next year? (Not saying that to you). They came close to beating the Heat without Bradley, Green, Wilcox, and O'Neal.

I think they will be in the ECF next year, i just dont think they will beat miami;)

but looking forward to seeing ou guys next june