PDA

View Full Version : Nicholas Batum Offered Huge Contract By Wolves

Clippersfan86
07-01-2012, 05:37 AM
http://www.csnnw.com/pages/landingblazers?Batum-has-offer-from-Minnesota-and-meeti=1&blockID=733614&feedID=5212

45-50 mill a year, 4 years. In other words over 12 mill a year averaged out. MASSIVE overpay. Glad the lockout worked.....

JeffG20
07-01-2012, 05:40 AM
they can have him for that

aussie
07-01-2012, 05:41 AM
wow, He is meeting with the Hornets soon, we definitely will not give him that much :S

Method28
07-01-2012, 05:41 AM
I LOVE Batum's game....but wow

JoeDirt05
07-01-2012, 05:47 AM
Batum is good but not that good lol

loublue22
07-01-2012, 05:48 AM
he's young and projects to keep getting better

they need a wing, it's kind of like a future bet

b@llhog24
07-01-2012, 05:53 AM

Doubt he ever gets good enough to warrant that type of money.

faridk89
07-01-2012, 06:09 AM
that **** cray

aussie
07-01-2012, 06:13 AM
he'll probs decline on the TWolves, like Amar'e did

49GiantWarriors
07-01-2012, 06:13 AM
That's wild

Davidgta1
07-01-2012, 06:31 AM
Money money money money money!

odiz
07-01-2012, 06:51 AM
Batum is young and still improving. Hes extremely talented on both ends of the floor and he fits perfectly into the Wolves team. If you look at what a guy like Rudy Gay gets paid this contract doesnt seem too ridiculous. Considering what the market has been set at, Batum could definitely end up living up to that contract IMO.

SpeeMN
07-01-2012, 06:59 AM
Blazers are in our division. We either steal Batum from them for nothing but money, or make them overpay. Win Win for us. Getting to the salary cap is our goal this year, so spending money and adding a vet is priority one.

akia83
07-01-2012, 07:07 AM
Great move by the Wolves. 12M seems legit for the next olympic games MVP :)

AddiX
07-01-2012, 07:14 AM
He's a good talent, its probably to much money, but they need him badly, and history has shown that the Wolves aren't exactly a place where free agents are excited to go, so they need to show batum the $.

Wolves Have to make playoffs this year IMO, there fans have been as patient as possible, any longer and they won't be in Minnesota anymore, it already may be to late.

Yunqn
07-01-2012, 07:16 AM
Basically the wolves have no hope in derrick williams as a sf and with love there he will be a 6th man ..

The bulls should trade luol deng for derrick williams .. Perfect for both teams imo ..One Keeps wanting to improve that position at any cost and the other wants youth, star potiential and cheap pay at any position that reduces cap and gives hope for later

lavilevi23
07-01-2012, 07:43 AM
Holy ***** if its true

waveycrockett
07-01-2012, 07:46 AM
Anybody who watches Batum regularly knows this kid hasn't hit his peak yet. I think he ends up being worth it because he will be a terrific 2 way player. When he is on he reminds me of a smaller durant.

Jarvo
07-01-2012, 08:00 AM
T Wolves on them bath salts !

Slimsim
07-01-2012, 08:06 AM
this would be a good investment for the wolves

da ThRONe
07-01-2012, 08:09 AM
What are they going to do with the other 40 SF they currently have?

justinnum1
07-01-2012, 08:45 AM
eh, seems like a lot but wolves have money to burn

Raps08-09 Champ
07-01-2012, 08:47 AM
I went to the Blazers forum a couple of weeks ago and a couple of people said they'd willingly match $12 mil a year if a team offered that amount.

Smart by the Wolves. Make them overpay.

IndyRealist
07-01-2012, 08:51 AM
Regardless of lockout or CBA, you can't protect stupid GM's from themselves.

DR_1
07-01-2012, 08:59 AM
If I were Minny I'd go after Gerald Wallace instead. He's better and might be worth all this money.

justinnum1
07-01-2012, 09:03 AM
If I were Minny I'd go after Gerald Wallace instead. He's better and might be worth all this money.

:facepalm:

arkanian215
07-01-2012, 09:33 AM
0a

koreancabbage
07-01-2012, 10:25 AM
man so overpaid. and Gerrald Wallace got 24M for 3. makes Wallace's deal a STEAL

Hawkeye15
07-01-2012, 10:26 AM
Batum is young and still improving. Hes extremely talented on both ends of the floor and he fits perfectly into the Wolves team. If you look at what a guy like Rudy Gay gets paid this contract doesnt seem too ridiculous. Considering what the market has been set at, Batum could definitely end up living up to that contract IMO.

I literally just used that example. I would say Batum is at least as good a player as Gay, who makes $5 million a year more then the Wolves are offering Batum.

That being said, its for sure overpaying, but the Wolves either get a legit starting, two way player who can stretch the floor who is young to go with Love/Rubio/Pek, or they take a division opponent out of being serious players in free agency. Win either way for me.

Hawkeye15
07-01-2012, 10:28 AM

Why? He is on the decline, and will get just a few million less. Batum is on the incline and gives them another really good 3 point shooter.

Mr. Baller
07-01-2012, 10:30 AM
Why? He is on the decline, and will get just a few million less. Batum is on the incline and gives them another really good 3 point shooter.

This. Batum will be better then G. Wall very soon. It is an overpay but a smart move by Minny

Hawkeye15
07-01-2012, 10:32 AM
With Portland offering Hibbert the max, do they hesitate matching this?

cubbies7177
07-01-2012, 10:34 AM
He's a good talent, its probably to much money, but they need him badly, and history has shown that the Wolves aren't exactly a place where free agents are excited to go, so they need to show batum the $.

Wolves Have to make playoffs this year IMO, there fans have been as patient as possible, any longer and they won't be in Minnesota anymore, it already may be to late.

THIS. All these players are getting offered larger contracts than they deserve, but look at the teams offering - it's really hard to bring over good FAs without grossly overpaying. Batum would be an excellent piece for the TWolves.

Mile High Champ
07-01-2012, 10:34 AM
He has a meeting with the Raptors scheduled for this week. I am curious to see how much they offer him if they do indeed land Nash. Also my biggest concern with Batum is his defense. Last year he took a few steps back in his defensive play and intensity which is a big concern for me. His defensive slip was very noticeable at times and itlooks like teams are simplying ignoring that fact by offering him such a huge contract.

Mr. Baller
07-01-2012, 10:35 AM
With Portland offering Hibbert the max, do they hesitate matching this?

Possibly but I would think not.

dtmagnet
07-01-2012, 10:37 AM
Slight overpay but smaller markets have to do that in order to get their guy.

SportsNY
07-01-2012, 10:38 AM
Are you kidding me?! And everyone was saying $10 million a year for Gerald Wallace was overpaid? Shake-My-Head

Blitzbolt
07-01-2012, 10:42 AM
NO Batum is not close to Rudy Gay.Gay has done more in the past and most likely will do more in the future(just look at the stats).

But yes he is getting overpaid just like Danny Ranger and the Pacers.

Hawkeye15
07-01-2012, 10:43 AM
Are you kidding me?! And everyone was saying $10 million a year for Gerald Wallace was overpaid? Shake-My-Head

Batum is as good as Wallace, and even if you think he isn't yet, by the 2nd or 3rd year of these two players deals, Batum should easily be the better player.

You can't look at a deal and say its good or bad based on their level of play today, you have to look at what you think their level of play over the course of the deal will be. Crash will be in heavy decline by year 3 of this deal, Batum in his prime.

Hawkeye15
07-01-2012, 10:44 AM
NO Batum is not close to Rudy Gay.Gay has done more in the past and most likely will do more in the future(just look at the stats).

I did look at the stats. Batum was more efficient, and a better defensive player than Gay last season.

Jint.
07-01-2012, 10:47 AM
gave up on Derrick Williams after one year..?

Hawkeye15
Honestly I think Portland matches anyways, so whatever. Drives the price up on Batum and hurts their chances in FA.

Hawkeye15
gave up on Derrick Williams after one year..?

I am glad Derrick is losing weight and trying to become a SF, but he isn't one. At all.

popo85
07-01-2012, 11:34 AM
The summer of overpaying

Hawkeye15
07-01-2012, 11:34 AM
The summer of overpaying

that can be said of the last 12 years haha.

daboywonder2002
07-01-2012, 11:49 AM
i love it. first of all, its hard to bring free agents to minnesota. plus you have to overpay to force portland not to match. the wolves need wing players. this is a NEED. not a luxury. batum will be 27 when that contract is up. plenty of upside. whats not to like???

jrm2054
07-01-2012, 11:51 AM
I like the deal for the wolves

BALKIS2K12
07-01-2012, 11:55 AM
makes sense sign kevin loves replacement. i could see love on his way out for gasol now.

Angry Norwegian
07-01-2012, 12:01 PM
makes sense sign kevin loves replacement. i could see love on his way out for gasol now.

Jesus Christ.

BALKIS2K12
07-01-2012, 12:02 PM
hill/steinsma
batum/pek
gasol/dwill-word is adelman told him to lose weight this summer to play sf sweet.
someone for the mle
barea

championshi[ roster

Angry Norwegian
07-01-2012, 12:03 PM
Championshit roster.

John Walls Era
07-01-2012, 12:03 PM
Glad the new CBA solved the huge contract issue...

John Walls Era
07-01-2012, 12:04 PM
Championshit roster.

:laugh:

Well its not that bad. They have some good pieces.

Punk
07-01-2012, 12:08 PM
To be honest, that's what he was going to make on the market honestly.

Googilyotta21
07-01-2012, 12:11 PM
hill/steinsma
batum/pek
gasol/dwill-word is adelman told him to lose weight this summer to play sf sweet.
someone for the mle
barea

championshi[ roster

Greg Stainsma, Nicholas Bathroom, Championshit roster

fadedmario
07-01-2012, 12:13 PM
I like the Wolves. They'd be legit with him at the wing.

BALKIS2K12
07-01-2012, 12:14 PM
if we do sign batum it doesnt look good for love. bc word is adelman is going after both hill & steinsma for a 2 headed solid center rotation.

i dont see enough minutes for love at pf with batum here & kevin love is a horrible defensive center.

gasol can play the 3 awfully well just like dirk can too so it makes a whole lot of sense to trade love if we do sign batum. heck you could even send the lakers d-will too if you wanted too. bc we have budigner who is capable to backup gasol at the 3 spot.

shoot deshawn stevenson wouldnt be bad at the starting two if we get these guys.

D-Leethal
07-01-2012, 12:14 PM
They need to trade some assetst and get a more balanced roster. Too many tweeners at the same positions. And have they completely given up on Wes Johnson? That seemed to be a pretty terrible pick. But if they just drafted Williams #2 why do they need Batum? I know Batum is more of a perimeter threat but where do the minutes come from? Love playing the 5?

BALKIS2K12
07-01-2012, 12:16 PM
Greg Stainsma, Nicholas Bathroom, Championshit roster

steinsma is pretty bad *** shot blocker protects the paint pretty damn good. hill isnt bad either.

Hawkeye15
07-01-2012, 12:16 PM

are you even aware of what position any player you ever mention actually plays?

Hawkeye15
07-01-2012, 12:17 PM
if we do sign batum it doesnt look good for love. bc word is adelman is going after both hill & steinsma for a 2 headed solid center rotation.

i dont see enough minutes for love at pf with batum here & kevin love is a horrible defensive center.

gasol can play the 3 awfully well just like dirk can too so it makes a whole lot of sense to trade love if we do sign batum. heck you could even send the lakers d-will too if you wanted too. bc we have budigner who is capable to backup gasol at the 3 spot.

shoot deshawn stevenson wouldnt be bad at the starting two if we get these guys.

what on earth is wrong with you? Are you really this clueless when it comes to the Wolves or basketball in general?

5ass
07-01-2012, 12:18 PM

Lmao, i was thinking the same thing.

BALKIS2K12
07-01-2012, 12:18 PM
They need to trade some assetst and get a more balanced roster. Too many tweeners at the same positions. And have they completely given up on Wes Johnson? That seemed to be a pretty terrible pick. But if they just drafted Williams #2 why do they need Batum? I know Batum is more of a perimeter threat but where do the minutes come from? Love playing the 5?

read through the lines bro love is on his way out to la. he just doesnt fit here anymore. thats if we land batum.

d-will is now a sf according to adelman. so he'd prob be backing up gasol at the 3. why do you think adelman is going after 2 centers in free agency? he wants pek at the 4 spot backing up batum.

Hawkeye15
07-01-2012, 12:19 PM

Batum is a SG/SF, ie, a wing. Love is a PF. Not sure where the mix up is coming from.

Wes.Johnson.Sucks. Worst starting wing in the NBA last season. Eff him, let him rot on the bench unless he makes ridiculous improvements.

SteBO
07-01-2012, 12:19 PM
Did I really just read that Gasol can play 3? Really?

BALKIS2K12
07-01-2012, 12:20 PM
hawk will you become a lakers fan when love is traded bro?

I Rock Shaqs
07-01-2012, 12:20 PM
Lmao, do the wolves even need him?

Angry Norwegian
07-01-2012, 12:21 PM
And apparently Pek can play the 4. Batum too. Jesus.

Chronz
07-01-2012, 12:21 PM
Ive always liked Batum, this isnt a reach at all, standard 2 million overpay to get the other team to think twice about matching.

His defensive decline is upsetting but his offensive improvement negate that.

SteBO
07-01-2012, 12:22 PM
hawk will you become a lakers fan when love is traded bro?
Ricky Rubio
Wes Johnson
Nicolas Batum
Kevin Love
Pau Gasol (if they get him)

It's that simple to me...

Angry Norwegian
07-01-2012, 12:23 PM
Ricky Rubio
Wes Johnson
Nicolas Batum
Kevin Love
Pau Gasol (if they get him)

It's that simple to me...

Wes Johnson is AWFUL. It's a wonder that he's still in the league.

BALKIS2K12
07-01-2012, 12:25 PM
well according to hawk batum is our starting sg next season.

hill/steinsma
love/pek
budinger/dwill
batum/wes
barea/rubio

ragee
07-01-2012, 12:30 PM
Batum is a SG/SF, ie, a wing. Love is a PF. Not sure where the mix up is coming from.

Wes.Johnson.Sucks. Worst starting wing in the NBA last season. Eff him, let him rot on the bench unless he makes ridiculous improvements.

That's because Barea will play all position. The Wolves does not need players like Rubio and Love as long as they have Barea. The Wolves will win it all for the next decade because of JJB.

Anyway, good pick up for the Wolves if the Blazers don't match. I was kind of pissed when I saw this because I was hoping Batum could be part of our plan B if we don't get D-will. I really like that guy. He is a great wing defender who has a great offensive skill. He can still be pretty inconsistent at times but that could be corrected. He is still pretty young and could improve his game more.

ragee
07-01-2012, 12:32 PM
A bandwagon jumper, questioning Hawkeye's loyalty to the Wolves.

BALKIS2K12
07-01-2012, 12:32 PM
That's because Barea will play all position. The Wolves does not need players like Rubio and Love as long as they have Barea. The Wolves will win it all for the next decade because of JJB.

Anyway, good pick up for the Wolves if the Blazers don't match. I was kind of pissed when I saw this because I was hoping Batum could be part of our plan B if we don't get D-will. I really like that guy. He is a great wing defender who has a great offensive skill. He can still be pretty inconsistent at times but that could be corrected. He is still pretty young and could improve his game more.

your right we might not need love anymore if we sign hill & steinsma & batum. maybe we can then trade the lakers love for gasol.

Hawkeye15
07-01-2012, 12:36 PM
Ive always liked Batum, this isnt a reach at all, standard 2 million overpay to get the other team to think twice about matching.

His defensive decline is upsetting but his offensive improvement negate that.

I don't get his defensive decline. He was a tenacious prospect a couple years ago on that end, now not so much. Wonder what happened?

Hawkeye15
07-01-2012, 12:38 PM
well according to hawk batum is our starting sg next season.

hill/steinsma
love/pek
budinger/dwill
batum/wes
barea/rubio

When did I say that? Batum would start at SF, Budinger off the bench assuming the Wolves also add either Roy or Crawford.

Pek started at center this year. I know you were too busy zoned in on Barea to see the other 4 players that were on the floor, but I can't believe you missed that.

Why do you have your midget god starting over Rubio? Not happening dude.

rickshaw
07-01-2012, 12:39 PM
your right we might not need love anymore if we sign hill & steinsma & batum. maybe we can then trade the lakers love for gasol.

Then maybe Gasol can finally be the swingman at the 3 the wolves need. Trade Love and let Barea play PG and PF at the same time.

PG - Barea
SG - R.L. Steinsma
SF - Gasol
PF - Barea
C - Hill

Gasol shuts down Lebron in the Finals and Minny brings home Mr. Larry O'Brien.

Barea wins MVP and Finals MVP because Lebron said something nice about him once.

BALKIS2K12
07-01-2012, 12:46 PM
When did I say that? Batum would start at SF, Budinger off the bench assuming the Wolves also add either Roy or Crawford.

Pek started at center this year. I know you were too busy zoned in on Barea to see the other 4 players that were on the floor, but I can't believe you missed that.

Why do you have your midget god starting over Rubio? Not happening dude.

pek was a soft lil cupcake against big centers in the nba. he doesnt block shots either. hes a great 4 though that can score.

& yeah barea will be the starter opening day bc lil rickys noodle knee wont grow back in time.

jaax1979
07-01-2012, 12:58 PM
Gasol at the 3?

Trade Kevin Love?

Pssh!

Batum is an overpay but a good pickup for the Wolves if they get him (not likely). Maybe it is a possible precursor to a trade for Pau Gasol (need 3rd team to get salaries to work). Pau would be a great fit for that offense. Yes he's 32 and pricey, but for the next 2 years he'd be a terrific complement to Love and Rubio and along with Batum should be enough to make them contenders for the fourth or fifth seed in the West. Take your shot now while Love is still with the team.

Gasol/Pek
Love/Darko
Batum/Budinger
Johnson/Ellington
Rubio/Barea

Rivera
07-01-2012, 01:05 PM
read through the lines bro love is on his way out to la. he just doesnt fit here anymore. thats if we land batum.

d-will is now a sf according to adelman. so he'd prob be backing up gasol at the 3. why do you think adelman is going after 2 centers in free agency? he wants pek at the 4 spot backing up batum.

blastmasta26
07-01-2012, 01:06 PM
:laugh: about trading Kevin Love. He's the franchise player, they won't even consider trading him.

Anyway, after adding Budinger and presumably Batum, they need to move Beasley and free up some room for Derrick Williams.

jiggin
07-01-2012, 01:08 PM
don't know if the blazers will match 12 a year. I have heard that 11 a year was close to the max they would go...maybe they can arrange something in the same total dollar amount and go the added 5 years others can't offer.

Seems like they could fill the need with an equal producing player for less than 12 a year. Guess blazer brass is or has looked over that list already and know that.

Corey
07-01-2012, 01:12 PM

You must be trolling.

You cant possibly be that misinformed.

b@llhog24
07-01-2012, 01:26 PM
I went to the Blazers forum a couple of weeks ago and a couple of people said they'd willingly match $12 mil a year if a team offered that amount.

Smart by the Wolves. Make them overpay.

That's cause they're a bunch of homers who thinks he'll develop into some type superstar. :facepalm:

He's not worth the money, but he's better than Batum.

Batum ate Gay's lunch last season.

Agreed.

hill/steinsma
batum/pek
someone for the mle
barea

championshi[ roster

Championshit roster.

:laugh2:

Wes sucks which is kind of sad because I wanted him to show he was worth the 4th pick. :sigh as for Dwill he was drafted by the wrong team.

He knows JJ Barea plays Pg. :D

juggla53
07-01-2012, 01:31 PM
http://www.csnnw.com/pages/landingblazers?Batum-has-offer-from-Minnesota-and-meeti=1&blockID=733614&feedID=5212

45-50 mill a year, 4 years. In other words over 12 mill a year averaged out. MASSIVE overpay. Glad the lockout worked.....

guys like joe johnson, carlos boozer, elton brand, nene, and several other are making more who are already past their primes, yeah its a lot of money but atleast he still has a lot of upside and compared to some of those other guys its fairly reasonable

fadedmario
07-01-2012, 01:37 PM
lol at people talking a Kevin Love trade. #Pipe Dreams

Love is one of the best players in the NBA - the Wolves aren't trading him for a old-*** Pau Gasol.

ZamboniCub
07-01-2012, 01:51 PM
dont think blazers will match unless pacers match for hibbert if the Wolves get Batum all these dumb trade for gasol rumors can stop as they arent going to put 50+mill down for a batum love pau big three. pau makes less and less sence as rubio wont be good to go untill mid to late next season, if you watched last year, that means luke runs point which means -.500 record.

of course you could have jj run the point and be -.250

Hawkeye15
07-01-2012, 01:59 PM
:laugh: about trading Kevin Love. He's the franchise player, they won't even consider trading him.

Anyway, after adding Budinger and presumably Batum, they need to move Beasley and free up some room for Derrick Williams.

they let Beasley walk last night, and Williams is on rookie scale for 3 more years.

RandyRandy
07-01-2012, 02:02 PM
they let Beasley walk last night, and Williams is on rookie scale for 3 more years.

I think he was implying that the Wolves need to make room for Williams playing time not for cap.

thechom80
07-01-2012, 02:03 PM
"Bait so hard motha****as need to perma-ban me!!" - Balkis

Balkis posts out of his *** to get a reaction out of you. Don't bite that stupid ****.

Gators123
07-01-2012, 02:08 PM
Woah, thats a lot of money.

raptor fan
07-01-2012, 02:41 PM
grossly overpaid

WolvesJagsOs
07-01-2012, 02:50 PM
grossly overpaid

Grossly overpaid? No. Is it an overpayment if we do sign him? Yes, but it's sure as hell worth it, Gerald Wallace for example just got 4/40 and he is 33 yrs old, this guy is 23/24 with upside and is a good 2-way player.

Blazers#1Fan
07-01-2012, 02:55 PM
Grossly overpaid? No. Is it an overpayment if we do sign him? Yes, but it's sure as hell worth it, Gerald Wallace for example just got 4/40 and he is 33 yrs old, this guy is 23/24 with upside and is a good 2-way player.

Heres my take from a blazers fan its over paying he is inconsistent he has never been consistent wolves need to get off are players nuts not like theyll ever make the playoffs but batum is a alright 3rd option

Ill take Hibbert and whoever else we try to sign over batum if thats the price i rather get jeff green then pay bstum 12mill but i think we match

WolvesJagsOs
07-01-2012, 02:59 PM
Heres my take from a blazers fan its over paying he is inconsistent he has never been consistent wolves need to get off are players nuts not like theyll ever make the playoffs but batum is a alright 3rd option

Ill take Hibbert

Batum is a 23 year old that is a 2-way player that fills a need that we desperately need. We've been wanting him for the last 3 years or so.

It's not like we'll ever make the playoffs? Whatever you say man.

valade16
07-01-2012, 03:14 PM
As a Blazers fan I say it's a slight overpayment but he's certainly got enough talent to justify it if he keeps improving.

Last year it seemed like he had large periods where he didn't play with much intensity, which is why everyone is saying he had a down year defensively. He can still play D, it's getting him to want to, though I think part of that is the implosion of our team.

He can't really create his own shot, but he's good at moving without the ball and he's a streaky good shooter. Honestly, he is a great compliment wing for Rubio.

That being said I hope the Blazers resign him.

Sadds The Gr8
07-01-2012, 03:15 PM
Batum is so overrated on here.

Ebbs
07-01-2012, 03:27 PM
Doubt he ever gets good enough to warrant that type of money.

Agreed

CoffeeJanitor
07-01-2012, 04:08 PM
Wolves are overpaying because if they don't Blazers will just match. It's how RFA works guys.

cubfan23
07-01-2012, 04:10 PM

yeaah but if he does get better and better his final year of that deal he'll ***** about how he wants more money and then force a trade lol

KnickNyKnick
07-01-2012, 04:20 PM
lol more than KG?

GoPacers33
07-01-2012, 04:20 PM
Way to much

KingsOfQueens
07-01-2012, 04:25 PM
Lol I just read some of that kid Balkis' posts.

If you're reading this, Balkis..I strongly advise you to delete your PSD account.

dnl123
07-01-2012, 04:36 PM
It's a big contract, but players with his skill set and size always get big contracts even if they don't have great stats. Have you guys seen Rashard Lewis's contract? Sure he averaged 22 points a game but still! 6 years and 118 million! Teams always seem to overpay for big wing players.

MFFL==FML
07-01-2012, 04:37 PM

... Gerald Wallace is 29...

mavwar53
07-01-2012, 04:38 PM
He's better than Rashard Lewis ever was and we all know what he got.

LakersMaster24
07-01-2012, 05:19 PM
I am a big Batum fan, but I think 12mill is around 2-3 million too much.

greg_ory_2005
07-01-2012, 05:33 PM
Please don't let the Raptors offer him something like this. :pray:

topdog
07-01-2012, 06:06 PM
I am a big Batum fan, but I think 12mill is around 2-3 million too much.

$2-3M too much for what he's worth or factoring the overpayment necesssary to steal a RFA?

THE MTL
07-01-2012, 06:12 PM
With Gerald Wallace 10 mil per year, Omer Asik 8 mil per year, Batum 12 mil per year, Gordon eventual max deal........WHY WAS THERE A LOCKOUT!

The lockout was created because mid-tier guys I mentioned were making too much money and becoming HORRIBLE contracts, and now its even worse.

STUPID!

Oh well, what can u expect from a team that paid Darko Millic 20 million dollars.

Oefarmy2005
07-01-2012, 06:18 PM
I agree - it is 2-3 million too much - but that's what you have to do if you believe he fits the system - and I think he does.

To comment on Batum being another SF - he is more than capable playing SG - and like Hawkeye mentioned in the Wolves forum, is actually better at defending the opposing SG than SF.

As far as the Wolves' SFs go:
1) Wes Johnson - we all know this guy is a bust and has little chance to really figure it out
2) Derrick Williams - PF at this point - maybe will be a SF down the road.
3) Chase Buddinger - nice offensive wing that can play some SG - but is more of a rotation player at this point
4) Robbi Hummel - unlikely to make the team
5) Beasley - gone
6) Webster - most likely gone

So to sum that up, we would have Batum(if he doesn't play SG, which he very well may be if the Wolves pick him up, Buddinger, Williams and Johnson - that's 4 SFs and 2 of whom can play SG and one is more of a PF.

LA_Raiders
07-01-2012, 06:21 PM
WOW. Wolves were doing so good... Good luck with that heavy contract...

AddiX
07-01-2012, 06:22 PM
With Gerald Wallace 10 mil per year, Omer Asik 8 mil per year, Batum 12 mil per year, Gordon eventual max deal........WHY WAS THERE A LOCKOUT!

The lockout was created because mid-tier guys I mentioned were making too much money and becoming HORRIBLE contracts, and now its even worse.

STUPID!

Oh well, what can u expect from a team that paid Darko Millic 20 million dollars.

So true, the union was right all along, it was always the market that drove up the price, not the players and the agents.

and now the real max contract players, who are actually talented enough to earn those contracts are getting paid the same as guys who IMO are 2nd and 3rd tier players at best.

JNA17
07-01-2012, 06:22 PM
Way overpaid but this would make the Wolves a lot better.

Rubio-???-Batnum-Love-Pek that's a pretty damn good core.

BALKIS2K12
07-01-2012, 06:42 PM
lol@ everybody thinking rubio will come back as a superstar, dude played like flat out garbage for 2 straight months even way b4 he busted his plastic knee in half by kobes knee.

i can tell alot of you dont watch t-wolve games. dude was awful & pple were calling for him to be benched.

Oefarmy2005
07-01-2012, 06:43 PM
Way overpaid but this would make the Wolves a lot better.

Rubio-???-Batnum-Love-Pek that's a pretty damn good core.

I agree. Maybe not way overpaid, but overpaid by at least 25% - he is worth 8-9 for sure. The bottom line is, it's just like the draft, if you really like someone you have to draft them 4 even if he is projected to go at 9 - same with RFA, if you really want the player, you have to offer as much as it take for the original team not to match. Time will tell if he is worth it down the road, maybe not in league terms but for what he can do for the Wolves specifically, but today - he is definitely not worth it.

Oefarmy2005
07-01-2012, 06:45 PM
lol@ everybody thinking rubio will come back as a superstar, dude played like flat out garbage for 2 straight months even way b4 he busted his plastic knee in half by kobes knee.

i can tell alot of you dont watch t-wolve games. dude was awful & pple were calling for him to be benched.

I honestly thought this joker was banned. Can't wait 'till we trade Barea so you can go and get some other team's fans fed up.

WolvesJagsOs
07-01-2012, 06:54 PM
... Gerald Wallace is 29...

I ment at the end of his contract, my bad. My point is we are getting Batum in his prime.

Wolfman01
07-01-2012, 06:54 PM
Heard that the T-Wolves may have $20 million in cap space to spent in the free agency. Not suprise that the T-Wolves offered max money for a good player that is a excellent defender. Batum is flying into Minneapolis tonight and will meet with the T-Wolves official about a proposed offer sheet. If the T-Wolves and Batum comes to a agreement of a contract then I'm pretty sure Derrick Williams is most likely will be traded.

WolvesJagsOs
07-01-2012, 06:56 PM

STUPID!

A big 7 footer 5 M per if I remember right? That's right around what you can expect for a big man now a days dude.

Angry Norwegian
07-01-2012, 06:58 PM

You're absolutely nuts.

topdog
07-01-2012, 06:59 PM
lol@ everybody thinking Barea will come back as a superstar, dude played like flat out garbage for 2 straight months even way b4 he busted his plastic back in half by a pile of marshmallows.

We should deport him!

Wolfman01
07-01-2012, 07:03 PM

Rubio right now is a very bad shooter but other then that he is great all around. Hes a greater passer and also a very good defender as well. As years goes by I'm sure his shooting will get better also. I'm not sure why you are saying that he plays garbage basketball and fans were calling him to be benched. Your obvious making up things that aren't true. Rubio is the next Steve Nash or Jason Kidd in the league. Also it was his rookie season what do you expect from a rookie? Be superstar calibur the first year in your NBA? Theres so many players that took them many years before they start playing good basketball. If you don't recall everytime Ricky Rubio get's the ball all the T-Wolves fans in the Target Center always stand up.

topdog
07-01-2012, 07:03 PM
I agree. Maybe not way overpaid, but overpaid by at least 25% - he is worth 8-9 for sure. The bottom line is, it's just like the draft, if you really like someone you have to draft them 4 even if he is projected to go at 9 - same with RFA, if you really want the player, you have to offer as much as it take for the original team not to match. Time will tell if he is worth it down the road, maybe not in league terms but for what he can do for the Wolves specifically, but today - he is definitely not worth it.

With as much attention as Love, Pek and Rubio can draw; Batum may well put up some amazing numbers (if they don't match). Watching some video of him, he has a really sweet stroke from deep and understands he needs to be more consistent.

I think Wolves fans should go back through video of last year and count how many W-I-D-E OPEN jumpers Wes got in the corner and clanked off of the rim.

Ty Fast
07-01-2012, 07:34 PM

lol. no kidding hey........

Hawkeye15
07-01-2012, 08:27 PM

I watched all but 1 Rubio game, and I can tell you that you are dead wrong. Furthermore you are pointless to argue with, and I find you funny actually.

ElFuturoDeESPN
07-01-2012, 08:48 PM
The least you could do is spell his first name right, OP :facepalm:

DR_1
07-01-2012, 11:26 PM
:laugh: This thread is full of win

TheNumber37
07-01-2012, 11:42 PM
no way he will be able to play up to that value. 4 years 26 mil is more like it.

b@llhog24
07-02-2012, 12:05 AM
no way he will be able to play up to that value. 4 years 26 mil is more like it.

nicegoing
07-02-2012, 12:19 AM
Smgdh

iliketurtles24
07-02-2012, 12:22 AM
pek was a soft lil cupcake against big centers in the nba. he doesnt block shots either. hes a great 4 though that can score.

& yeah barea will be the starter opening day bc lil rickys noodle knee wont grow back in time.

What the **** did you watch last year. How was Pek a cupcake? that man is one of the strongest in the NBA. He doesn't have to block shots, he doesn't let his man get into the lane. He shut down Howard last year. God damit Balkis, really?

Oh yea, Rubio is better than jjb , no question.

Also, have you heard of signing backups... just because you sign a person does not mean they are going to start over your allstar player, let alone trade your allstar player because you signed a backup.

Red Hot Rolllin
07-02-2012, 12:24 AM
bird rights:D

topdog
07-02-2012, 12:54 AM
bird rights:D

Cap gets screwed if Batum signs on the 11th though. Blazers have a max of 3 days to do their deals if it's not true (I have seen conflicting reports on this) that offer sheets update cap holds i.e. Batum's cap hold goes from $3M to $12M.

reemy
07-02-2012, 01:20 AM

http://i.imgur.com/qdgYU.gif

Posted image, DGAF.

Trace
07-02-2012, 01:21 AM
Any chance that the Wolves can offer Gordon the max and Batum this contract?

That'll be a great core going forward.

WSUJJ
07-02-2012, 01:30 AM

Posted image, DGAF.

You my friend are a dumbass

Beantownsboss
07-02-2012, 01:38 AM
Gamble deal on that he will keep improving in the future, bad signing at the moment, but could change barring improvement by the player

reemy
07-02-2012, 01:41 AM
You my friend are a dumbass

Don't...Don't even do it you mindless drone

b@llhog24
07-02-2012, 01:46 AM

I'm not sure but damn

Rubio
Gordon
Batum
Love
Pek

:drool:

topdog
07-02-2012, 02:30 AM

Posted image, DGAF.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :puke: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Thank you :) You made my night.

thechom80
07-02-2012, 02:39 AM
Gif saved for future Balkis posts...

bmd1101
07-02-2012, 04:30 AM

Posted image, DGAF.

http://home.comcast.net/~driver7/headbang.gif

stickman rage

Oefarmy2005
07-02-2012, 10:52 AM
The first gif was really funny, the second one bmd1101 posted was disgusting.

SiteWolf
07-02-2012, 11:42 AM

I just don't see the Blazers not matching

zB_#85
07-02-2012, 01:28 PM
what am I missing? Batum is a nice player but a really big contract? GTFO. These middle of the pack teams always overpay decent players and wonder why they never break out. It's like they'd rather overpay a decent guy than strike out completely.

natelpete
07-02-2012, 01:34 PM

worst. post. ever.

If good for nothing else, at least your posts put a smile on my face. Thanks Jose

Blazers#1Fan
07-02-2012, 01:48 PM
I ment at the end of his contract, my bad. My point is we are getting Batum in his prime.

not really remember shawn Marion he plays like shawn marion in toronto if you think he puts you guys over then you my friend havent watched him

Please Dont Match Portland :pray: 12 mill for a inconsistent player who still doesnt have a killer instinct and which we've only seen gone off a few times maybe just sign Hibbert and Gerald Green(Same Player as Batum 1/4 the price a year older)

Hibbert/Leonard
LMA
G.Green
Matthews
Lillard

topdog
07-02-2012, 02:43 PM
what am I missing? Batum is a nice player but a really big contract? GTFO. These middle of the pack teams always overpay decent players and wonder why they never break out. It's like they'd rather overpay a decent guy than strike out completely.

Minnesota has wanted Batum for a couple years now and he has improved each year. I also saw somewhere that San Antonio wanted to offer him a similar amount if they could get the capspace to do so.

If you watched a Timberwolves game pre-injury (Rubio injury), you would see why Minny thinks Batum is the perfect fit. Rubio consistently got his wings open looks in the corner and they clanked 'em off the iron. Defensively, our wings were rather ineffective as well and Batum has the size to really harass the opposing guards along with Rubio. It's not as if Minny needs him to be a star - Love, Pek and Rubio just need an outside compliment.

BALKIS2K12
07-02-2012, 02:47 PM
rubio got the timberwolves blown out early in games bc he couldnt run the offense. it was barea who had the t-wolves offense clicking early. once teams figured out rubio he was crap & couldnt do shiat. plus now his knee is blown-out. it ownt be easy for him & barea right now has the upper-hand.

nicegoing
07-02-2012, 02:51 PM
rubio got the timberwolves blown out early in games bc he couldnt run the offense. it was barea who had the t-wolves offense clicking early. once teams figured out rubio he was crap & couldnt do shiat. plus now his knee is blown-out. it ownt be easy for him & barea right now has the upper-hand.
No he doesn't. Timberwolves sucked after Rubio went down.

AI4MVP
07-02-2012, 02:54 PM
The worst part about this(Balkis) is he is making me hate a player on my own team

nicegoing
07-02-2012, 02:55 PM
They must be related.

zB_#85
07-02-2012, 02:58 PM
Minnesota has wanted Batum for a couple years now and he has improved each year. I also saw somewhere that San Antonio wanted to offer him a similar amount if they could get the capspace to do so.

If you watched a Timberwolves game pre-injury (Rubio injury), you would see why Minny thinks Batum is the perfect fit. Rubio consistently got his wings open looks in the corner and they clanked 'em off the iron. Defensively, our wings were rather ineffective as well and Batum has the size to really harass the opposing guards along with Rubio. It's not as if Minny needs him to be a star - Love, Pek and Rubio just need an outside compliment.

yea I get what you're saying, I'm just concerned an overpay isn't worth it for what he'd bring. I'd rather have the free cap space than regret this 2 or 3 years from now if I'm Minny. I actually like Minny which is why I'd like to see them make smart moves. IMO they should have picked up Beasley and traded him for some value (better than letting him walk empty handed) and now it would be a questionable move to pay this dude that much.

BALKIS2K12
07-02-2012, 03:10 PM
what i find funny is these guys hate to listen to the facts.

all these guys will ever say is how many games did the t-wolves win when barea replaced rubio lol thats all they got. but they ignore the FACT that JJ BAREA played WITHOUT LOVE/RIDNOUR & MICHAELBEASLEY THATS BASICALLY THE WHOLE TEAMS SCORING LAST YEAR FOR BASICALLY MAJORITY OF HIS TIME REPLACING LIL RICKY. YET THE T-WOLVES OFFENSIVE SCORING WENT UP AFTER RUBIO GOT HURT LMFAO. THAT TELL YOU RIGHT THERE JJ CAN DO BETTER THAN RUBIO IF HE HAD THE WEAPONS LIL RICKY HAD DURING HIS TIME STARTING.

CMON GUYS LETS C YALL SPIN THIS ONE LOL. IM WAITING FELLAS.....

BKLYNpigeon
07-02-2012, 03:10 PM
Not completely outrageous, but at least he plays Defense.

im glad Portland is getting screwed over.

5ass
07-02-2012, 03:18 PM

Posted image, DGAF.

when he had the hammer i thought he was pulling out his dick.

rickshaw
07-02-2012, 03:43 PM

all these guys will ever say is how many games did the t-wolves win when barea replaced rubio lol thats all they got. but they ignore the FACT that JJ BAREA played WITHOUT LOVE/RIDNOUR & MICHAELBEASLEY THATS BASICALLY THE WHOLE TEAMS SCORING LAST YEAR FOR BASICALLY MAJORITY OF HIS TIME REPLACING LIL RICKY. YET THE T-WOLVES OFFENSIVE SCORING WENT UP AFTER RUBIO GOT HURT LMFAO. THAT TELL YOU RIGHT THERE JJ CAN DO BETTER THAN RUBIO IF HE HAD THE WEAPONS LIL RICKY HAD DURING HIS TIME STARTING.

In games Rubio played this season, the Timberwolves were 21-20 and had a chance to make the playoffs for the first time since 2004. Without him, the Timberwolves lost 20 of their final 25 games and finished last place in the Northwest Division.

With Rubio off the court, the Timberwolves were 7.1 points worse per 48 minutes. The Timberwolves offense wasn’t affected as much as their defense was without Rubio. They scored 1.4 more points and allowed 5.7 fewer points per 48 minutes with Rubio on the court.

Difference In Games Without Rubio
During 2011-12 Regular Season
RUBIO
Win percentage -.312
Points differential -8.7

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/tag/_/name/ricky-rubio

:cricket: :dance:

3XDouble
07-02-2012, 03:52 PM

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm:

twin4life
07-02-2012, 04:07 PM
Balkis would love JJ to bend him over.. lol

is Barea on Lebrons level yet?!

Agar81
07-02-2012, 04:09 PM
This guy has one of the most bizzarre infatuations with a player that I have ever seen...

topdog
07-02-2012, 04:57 PM
yea I get what you're saying, I'm just concerned an overpay isn't worth it for what he'd bring. I'd rather have the free cap space than regret this 2 or 3 years from now if I'm Minny. I actually like Minny which is why I'd like to see them make smart moves. IMO they should have picked up Beasley and traded him for some value (better than letting him walk empty handed) and now it would be a questionable move to pay this dude that much.

1.Cap for what though? It's useless to have cap if you can't get the players you want. Plus, the Wolves are going to have some extensions coming due and will lose cap retaining guys like Pekovic. Admittedly, I wasn't one clamoring for Batum a couple weeks ago, but the idea has grown on me now that I know we didn't acquire Beal... :o

2.There is no way the Wolves were going to give Beasley $8M. They can still work with him on a S&T if he's interested. They would have dealt him at the deadline, but the Lakers decided to be douches and tried to throw crap back the Timberwolves' way.

PurpleJesus
07-03-2012, 01:06 AM

who is the one not listening to facts? the facts are, that the wolves were more efficient offensively, and defensively with Rubio on the court.

And you talk about how Barea had to play without Love, which just simply is not a fact. Love went out April 11th, Barea became the starter March 18th. You say Barea didnt have the weapons that Rubio did, yet Barea had the same weapons around him...the biggest difference, is that when Barea was surrounded by the guys you claim he wasnt surrounded by, the Wolves lost all 6 of those games...Rubio with Love = 21-20, Barea with Love = 0-6.

CoffeeJanitor
07-03-2012, 01:12 AM
Balkis has to be a bit. Has to be.

ball4reel
07-03-2012, 01:27 AM
I wonder if Balkis Has A picture of Barea on his wall?

AddiX
07-03-2012, 01:32 AM
No reason to get personal just because you guys don't agree w the dude.

I don't agree w him either for thst matter, but I do agree Rubio is incredibly overrated. I saw a lot of good things from him, he's better than I thought he would be, but I saw a lot of god awful games where once the defense gave him certain looks, he looked useless.

Back on topic though, what's twolves plan if they don't get batum?

PurpleJesus
07-03-2012, 01:32 AM

He probably does...also, he is the founder, and sole member of PSD's JJ Barea fan group.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/group.php?groupid=379

Losoway
07-03-2012, 02:18 AM
:face palm:

JoeDirt05
07-03-2012, 02:21 AM

his wallet haha

thechom80
07-03-2012, 03:00 AM

I'm waiting for your first post that includes "facts".

Hawkeye15
07-03-2012, 08:39 AM

how on earth were you not reported in the Mavs forum last year? I find it impossible that your trolling made it this far. Though I will say, you are top notch at it.

Barea is a role player. Period. End of story. If he is your starter, you lose 80% of your games or more. He needs shooters around him to open up his drive due to being a poor shooter, can't make a simple entrance pass into a post player (might be the worst I have ever seen at this actually), and is a horrid defender who must be put on the weakest player on the other team, and even then he needs to resort to flopping to have a prayer in stopping him.

I love how you say "we" when referring to the Wolves. You were banned from that forum for trolling. You like no part of the Wolves outside your man crush, just stop posting all this nonsense and worship at the Church of Barea and chill dude.

Hawkeye15
07-03-2012, 08:40 AM

prove any of what you say. Any of it. Show us evidence. Because literally everything you say can be proven false.

Sota4Ever
07-03-2012, 10:50 PM
No reason to get personal just because you guys don't agree w the dude.

I don't agree w him either for thst matter, but I do agree Rubio is incredibly overrated. I saw a lot of good things from him, he's better than I thought he would be, but I saw a lot of god awful games where once the defense gave him certain looks, he looked useless.

Back on topic though, what's twolves plan if they don't get batum?

Incredibly overrated?? Let me hear why you think this???