PDA

View Full Version : Rockets prepared to offer Omer Asik $8 million annually

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-01-2012, 12:10 AM
johnhollinger John Hollinger
RT @KCJHoop: Hearing Rockets prepared to offer Omer Asik in the $8 million range annually.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-01-2012, 12:11 AM
No one is going to match that. Well, no one should match that.

spreadeagle
id say no more then 6....Rockets now have 9 bigs in there rotation if this goes dwn lol

justinnum1
damn

KniCks4LiFe
07-01-2012, 12:12 AM
WTH Houston?

koetravis
Eh. That's better than the DeAndre Jordan signing..

Raps18-19 Champ
I think he can post similar Gortat numbers.

Six-8-TheWizard
07-01-2012, 12:15 AM
If they get him for that then thats pretty good considering Deandre got something like 11 mill didnt he?

Procision
07-01-2012, 12:17 AM
Hopefully the Bulls can work out a sign and trade.

Punk
07-01-2012, 12:17 AM
Chicago won't match that.

DR_1
07-01-2012, 12:20 AM

This.

LTBaByyy
07-01-2012, 12:22 AM
He posted 3 pts and 5 reb and gets a 8 mil per year ?

Rockets are so desperate. Now they have like 10 back ups in their front court

Asik, Scola, Parsons, Morris, White, Patterson, Jones, Brockman, Leuer,

Vinny642
07-01-2012, 12:24 AM
lmfao wow

Cano4prez
07-01-2012, 12:24 AM
:laugh2:

Procision
07-01-2012, 12:25 AM
Chicago fans aren't really surprised by this, rumors are a few teams were really looking at offering him a package like this. Wouldn't be surprised to Bulls decide to match and try to trade him later on before the 11 mil per starts. Best case is a sign and trade for lee or lowry.

Nikeman
07-01-2012, 12:25 AM
Seriously?

Dude hasn't done **** in this league.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-01-2012, 12:26 AM
Chicago fans aren't really surprised by this, rumors are a few teams were really looking at offering him a package like this. Wouldn't be surprised to Bulls decide to match and try to trade him later on before the 11 mil per starts. Best case is a sign and trade for lee or lowry.

Yeah no way in hell you get Lowry in a S&T for Asik.

Procision
07-01-2012, 12:27 AM
There's more to the game than just offense, Asik is already one of the best defensive centers in both the post and pick and roll. Teams are also banking on his potential so he can be atleast respectable on offense.

DeyAce
07-01-2012, 12:27 AM
lol that much for omer

koetravis
07-01-2012, 12:28 AM
Maybe a sign and trade for Martin? But I don't really know how the new CBA works.

Procision
Yeah no way in hell you get Lowry in a S&T for Asik.

Not just Asik would be in the deal. Either one would be a good fit in Chicago though.

Vinny642
In NBA 2k12 I signed him 2 million a year

lamar2006
man imagine what Dwight will demand 50+ million and Bynum will command 30+. Asik is worth no more than 3 million. what has he done? NADA.

PatsSoxKnicks
07-01-2012, 12:29 AM
There's more to the game than just offense, Asik is already one of the best defensive centers in both the post and pick and roll. Teams are also banking on his potential so he can be atleast respectable on offense.

This. A lot of the others in this thread are ignorant

As you said, if the Rockets or whoever signs him can develop him offensively, he'd be a respectable Center in the league. He's still young and is already one of the better defensive bigs in the NBA (best kept secret: he's better defensively than Noah)

Cubby
07-01-2012, 12:32 AM
This. A lot of the others in this thread are ignorant

As you said, if the Rockets or whoever signs him can develop him offensively, he'd be a respectable Center in the league. He's still young and is already one of the better defensive bigs in the NBA (best kept secret: he's better defensively than Noah)

I don't know man. Top 10 on SportsCenter is pretty legit.

LTBaByyy
07-01-2012, 12:34 AM
Asik plays against back ups when he is in the game

And key word: Centers, there is only 2 elite ones the rest are just good

8 mil per year for 3 pts and 5 reb????

Turiaf posted the same numbers

RC3
07-01-2012, 12:35 AM
Omer Asik is one of the most overrated big men in the history of the NBA. Stupid media and their "experts" makes it seem like the bulls have twin towers with noah and asik.

Davidgta1
07-01-2012, 12:35 AM
Damn

fadedmario
07-01-2012, 12:39 AM
The Bulls are going to take a step back next year. This is how it starts. Players that seem meaningless start getting paid elsewhere and it hurts team chemistry.

It happened with us when Okur left after our championship. Plus Rose hurt on top of the team starting to dismantle.

Linkels
07-01-2012, 12:40 AM
LOL this guy ^^

Sinestro
07-01-2012, 12:40 AM
Sign and trade perhaps?

fadedmario
07-01-2012, 12:42 AM
LOL this guy ^^

Truth hurts..

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-01-2012, 12:42 AM
Adrian Wojnarowski:
After Houston tonight, Blazers GM Neil Olshey will meet with Chicago center Omer Asik and make him an offer, sources tell Y! Sports. 1 min ago

koetravis
07-01-2012, 12:43 AM
Blazers already took Leonard! It's not fair if they get both. lol

justinnum1
07-01-2012, 12:43 AM
The Bulls are going to take a step back next year. This is how it starts. Players that seem meaningless start getting paid elsewhere and it hurts team chemistry.

It happened with us when Okur left after our championship. Plus Rose hurt on top of the team starting to dismantle.

totally agree

woj
After Houston tonight, Blazers GM Neil Olshey will meet with Chicago center Omer Asik and make him an offer, sources tell Y! Sports.

mightybosstone
07-01-2012, 12:44 AM
As a Rockets fan, I love this move and I hope this happens. The Rockets have been desperate for a legit 7-footer since Yao went down and to get a young, defensive-minded 7-footer locked up for four years is worth spending a little extra. Especially when you consider the Rockets have one of the best cap situations in the NBA.

I think it could likely be a sign and trade. The Bulls have shown a lot of interest in Courtney Lee in the past. Could it be a swap of the two RFAs? Or what about Kevin Martin? If I had to put money on it, I'd say it's a Lee/Asik swap.

Nikeman
07-01-2012, 12:45 AM
As a Rockets fan, I love this move and I hope this happens. The Rockets have been desperate for a legit 7-footer since Yao went down and to get a young, defensive-minded 7-footer locked up for four years is worth spending a little extra. Especially when you consider the Rockets have one of the best cap situations in the NBA.

I think it could likely be a sign and trade. The Bulls have shown a lot of interest in Courtney Lee in the past. Could it be a swap of the two RFAs? Or what about Kevin Martin? If I had to put money on it, I'd say it's a Lee/Asik swap.

Use that cap on better players bro

@ 8 mill per year I think Kaman could be had.

Sinestro
07-01-2012, 12:47 AM
If the Bulls match I want Noah gone no waaaaaay should we spend that much on two centers

koetravis

Kaman would help us now. And the Rockets arent winning a ship next year. Asik would be better for Rockets.

Bulls_fan90
Truth hurts..

I'm sure we'll take a step back until Rose gets healthy. But our reserves could beat Detroit so I'm not too concerned.

Either way we can just sign and trade Asik. Bulls won't lose him for nothing. I'm not even a fan of him, I'd love to trade him for Lee.

fadedmario
07-01-2012, 12:51 AM
I'm sure we'll take a step back until Rose gets healthy. But our reserves could beat Detroit so I'm not too concerned.

Either way we can just sign and trade Asik. Bulls won't lose him for nothing. I'm not even a fan of him, I'd love to trade him for Lee.

We'll win a title before the Bulls do. You guys haven't done **** since Jordan.

mightybosstone

Kaman is a piece of **** and provides no value on the defensive end, which is what the Rockets need. It's also obvious that the team is trying to develop a young core, so Kaman wouldn't really help that whatsoever. Also, the Rockets have the inside track to bringing back Camby.

Nikeman
Kaman would help us now. And the Rockets arent winning a ship next year. Asik would be better for Rockets.

Kaman is 4 years older yes, but Asik is offensively incapable and hugely overrated.

Cubby
07-01-2012, 12:52 AM
Truth hurts..

Yeah, I'm sure a guy whose only true purpose is to alter shots leaving means our team will be "dismantled." What a joke.

shep33
07-01-2012, 12:53 AM
What?

Bulls_fan90
07-01-2012, 12:55 AM

Jimmies have been rustled.

Also Detroit should probably take a look at Asik, do you have any cap space? Drummond will most likely bust.

popo85
07-01-2012, 12:58 AM
No one is going to match that. Well, no one should match that.

Exactly but since D.Jordan got that much sadly every other big will ask for it, Gortat then should get 10 mill.

Procision
07-01-2012, 12:58 AM

good luck with that, going to be a tough year in Detroit with the Bears being better than the Lions, Bulls even without rose better than the pistons and the White Sox winning the central.

ewmania
07-01-2012, 12:59 AM
haha ehhh

Ezio
07-01-2012, 01:05 AM
Gilbert provision. Can't get more than 5 mil for the first 2 years. Good luck paying a guy who can't catch 11 mil a year afterwards.

Fly
07-01-2012, 01:06 AM
Take that **** and run Omer, no way you'll get anything better than that. Bum

WickedBadMan
07-01-2012, 01:06 AM
Jimmies have been rustled.

Also Detroit should probably take a look at Asik, do you have any cap space? Drummond will most likely bust.

You aware brah?

fadedmario
07-01-2012, 01:10 AM
good luck with that, going to be a tough year in Detroit with the Bears being better than the Lions, Bulls even without rose better than the pistons and the White Sox winning the central.

:laugh:

TEXASTITAN
07-01-2012, 01:14 AM

Lowry is a top 10 pg with a cheap contract you are delusional if you think you have a shot in hell of getting him 4 Asik via trade. Well overpay at 11mill per year before that ever happens I can assure you. I mean at least try and be realistic about any potential trade.

Bulls_fan90
07-01-2012, 01:19 AM
You aware brah?

;)

JNA17
07-01-2012, 01:25 AM
3 points and 5 boards gets you 8 mill in the NBA?....

Can I play? lol

Dade County
07-01-2012, 01:27 AM
I can't wait for the next CBA.... smh

Owners & GM's

chitownbears89
07-01-2012, 01:27 AM
Lowry is a top 10 pg with a cheap contract you are delusional if you think you have a shot in hell of getting him 4 Asik via trade. Well overpay at 11mill per year before that ever happens I can assure you. I mean at least try and be realistic about any potential trade.

Yes, its going to happen. Lowry is going to fill in nicely in Rose's absence.

Chronz
07-01-2012, 01:28 AM
He posted 3 pts and 5 reb and gets a 8 mil per year ?

Rockets are so desperate. Now they have like 10 back ups in their front court

Asik, Scola, Parsons, Morris, White, Patterson, Jones, Brockman, Leuer,

You think you have a better grasp on Asik's statistical contributions than Daryl Morey? LMFAO

If you want to bash the move, using outdated stats that no one in the business uses wont help you.

Procision
07-01-2012, 01:30 AM

I agree that it won't just take Asik but i don't thing its as bizarre as you think. There's a reason why teams are lining up for Asik.

Vinylman
07-01-2012, 01:33 AM
Morey...

proving he is a genius one role player at a time...

I feel bad for Houston fans... likely another 9th place finish in the west

bears88
07-01-2012, 01:33 AM
Thats wayyy too much !!!!

Beantownsboss
07-01-2012, 01:34 AM
Lmao and ppl were saying 11 mil for kg is dumb. Wow just wow

Monta is beast
07-01-2012, 01:34 AM
Morey...

proving he is a genius one role player at a time...

I feel bad for Houston fans... likely another 9th place finish in the west

Asik is not a role player. Dude is a beast on defense and he can rebound. Not all players have to score.

Vinylman
07-01-2012, 01:35 AM
Eh. That's better than the DeAndre Jordan signing..

what deal isn't?

rationalize much?

Vinylman
07-01-2012, 01:37 AM
Asik is not a role player. Dude is a beast on defense and he can rebound. Not all players have to score.

where did i say he had to score?

it is about value... he is a horrible value at that price...

and sorry, but he is a role player... his role is defense... he is not a complete player... hence the term ROLE player

Lakers + Giants
07-01-2012, 01:37 AM
IF they really are that desperate then let's make this happen.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7gt3swb

FreakaNashur
07-01-2012, 01:38 AM
overpriced.

Chronz
07-01-2012, 01:39 AM
Asik plays against back ups when he is in the game

And key word: Centers, there is only 2 elite ones the rest are just good

8 mil per year for 3 pts and 5 reb????

Turiaf posted the same numbers

Ugh, your statistical analysis is baffling. Compare the advanced stats of Turiaf and Asik.

lol @ Key words. You think people are saying hes a good defender because he can only guard his position? Does the term DEFENSIVE ANCHOR mean anything to you?

The extent to which he helps the Bulls off the bench and how little the team drops off with him in the lineup hints at tremendous defensive influence. You can try to discount it all you want but studies have hinted that a bench player is more likely to play better as a starter than he does off the bench. Think Gortat.

D1JM
07-01-2012, 01:40 AM
3 points and 5 boards gets you 8 mill in the NBA?....

Can I play? lol

yeahh........... i think there is more to basketball than just those raw stats

Chronz

What makes you so sure Kaman is better than Asik?

Mile High Champ
I can't believe all the people that are so ignorant of Asik's true value. He is the defensive force in the middle for the bulls, not Noah. Unlike Noah, Asik defends the post extremely well and does not get eaten up one on one on the block. I think the bulls should try and unload Noah if possible and keep Asik in the fold as it would best serve their defense and team going forward.

It is just laughable that people are looking at his rebounds and points as justification for why he is not worth 8 million when in reality his synergy numbers more than support it.

Mosesmoreno#1
07-01-2012, 01:43 AM
Asik's per 48 stats are nice...too bad he only played 10-15 a game. Don't know how he's gonna get all that playing time with all those bigs down in Houston. But glad he's gonna get some cash. The Turkish hammer and asik and destroy is pretty darn impressive on D. But has the worst butterfingers in the league. And can't shoot a lick on the free throws especially when the bulls needed him to hit those against Philly in the playoffs.

D1JM
07-01-2012, 01:44 AM
I can't believe all the people that are so ignorant of Asik's true value. He is the defensive force in the middle for the bulls, not Noah. Unlike Noah, Asik defends the post extremely well and does not get eaten up one on one on the block. I think the bulls should try and unload Noah if possible and keep Asik in the fold as it would best serve their defense and team going forward.

It is just laughable that people are looking at his rebounds and points as justification for why he is not worth 8 million when in reality his synergy numbers more than support it.

ehh. noah gets eaten up alive when he tries to help out his teammate(boozer mainly) Asik isnt in the floor with boozer that much, so he doesnt get exposed that often. Asik is usually in the floor with Taj, who doesnt really need that much help on the defensive end

hatcap
07-01-2012, 01:45 AM
How does this impact Ilyasova's value ??????

cubbies7177
07-01-2012, 01:46 AM

wow... you just dont get it. they are trying to get younger and develop talent. clearly they think highly of asik.. why would they go after a player - who is better now - but won't help them when they are actually competitive.

im not some expert, but i feel like a lot of you guys are missing the point.... we know how desperate houston has been for height. They want young height or elite height.... kaman is neither. he's old and decent offensively. Asik is young, raw as *****, and has incredible defensive potential (once he gets the petty fouling under control)

comparing asik to r turiaf is absolutely INSANE. turiaf has no potential. asik does.

Vinylman
07-01-2012, 01:47 AM

i don't disagree that he plays great D in the post... the reality is the post is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things... did you see who was in the post in the finals? is that gonna change? not likely...

If that is how houston wants to spend their money fine but it doesn't get them any closer to beating the top 4 teams in the west...

MrfadeawayJB
07-01-2012, 01:49 AM
:facepalm:

He is way overpaid. Reminds me of the new Eric Dampier or Brendan Haywood with that contract.

Silent
07-01-2012, 01:50 AM

i was thinking the same thing

D1JM
07-01-2012, 01:52 AM
i was thinking the same thing

Lee would be a guy that Thibs would like

asmarks18
8 million? Is Houston nuts?

bears88
I hope our GM is thinking the same thing a S&T with the rockets.

Mile High Champ
07-01-2012, 01:54 AM
ehh. noah gets eaten up alive when he tries to help out his teammate(boozer mainly) Asik isnt in the floor with boozer that much, so he doesnt get exposed that often. Asik is usually in the floor with Taj, who doesnt really need that much help on the defensive end

I disagree with this. Where Noah truly gets abused is against the post up. He is a great help defender and Boozer certainly appreciates that.

Noah being unable to defend his check on the block has nothing to do with helping out Boozer. We are looking strictly at one one post defense here. Asik truly shines overall as the most complete defender between him and Noah. Sure his sample size is small but he is playing anything but garbage minutes in games. Yes his offense needs a lot of work but I would much rather have Asik in the middle for 8 million than Noah for 11.3 million.

D1JM
07-01-2012, 01:54 AM
8 million? Is Houston nuts?

Very good Defensive 7 foot centers don't grow on trees.

mRc08
07-01-2012, 01:55 AM
You can have him for 8, ive seen his whole career and as a homer will tell you thats too much. Good defender, yes, awful offensive player, yes. He can't catch a basketball. I like him for his hustle, defense, etc, but I wanna see my 8 mil do more for me than that.

Vinny642
07-01-2012, 01:56 AM
Very good Defensive 7 foot centers don't grow on trees.

So doesnt 8 million

bears88
07-01-2012, 01:56 AM
My top dollar with Asik is a 4 or 5 per year, but not 8. This is desperation from the rockets imo.

popo85
07-01-2012, 01:57 AM
:facepalm:

He is way overpaid. Reminds me of the new Eric Dampier or Brendan Haywood with that contract.

Its buyer beware with unproven bigs bad contracts-
2004 Erick Dampier
2005 Kwame Brown
2005 Jerome James
2008 Andris Biedrins
2011 DeAndre Jordan

Hawkeye15
07-01-2012, 01:57 AM
well, that is overpaying him, but he is a good player. Great defender who is smart and can hold his own offensively in a nice system.

ArmLaker
07-01-2012, 01:58 AM
im sure i can average 2 points and an assist in the NBA. Can I get the vet's minimum? i don't mind 1.3 mill a year :)

Vinylman
07-01-2012, 01:59 AM
This guy averages around 13-14 minutes a game... can someone explain to me how he is ever playing against a starting 5... not trying to be a dick but what... maybe 2-3 minutes a game at the most...

again... i think he is a good role player but $8 million is terrible value for a guy who turns 26 in 3 days... at least with a guy like DeAndre Jordan he will only be 26 turning 27 when his contract ends.

Mile High Champ
07-01-2012, 02:00 AM
i don't disagree that he plays great D in the post... the reality is the post is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things... did you see who was in the post in the finals? is that gonna change? not likely...

If that is how houston wants to spend their money fine but it doesn't get them any closer to beating the top 4 teams in the west...

Come on man. Most irrelevant? Who won the title last year backed up by a powerful 2-3 zone with Tyson Chnadler in the middle? I am sorry but you are very far off the ball if you think the post is irrelevant and especially from a defensive stand point. That cant be the case when you have some of the most talented centers in the west in Bynum, Gasol, Cousins, Jefferson etc. It is crucial that you find players that can protect the rim and also defend some of the players I Just listed if your team hopes to be successful. Lebron was embarrassed in the finals when he went up against a good defensive team anchored by an elite defensive center.

mRc08
07-01-2012, 02:00 AM
I think most would agree this is simply more than he is worth. 5 or maybe even 6, but like others have said, 8 mil a year seems like desperation. I don't think the bulls are matching this.

D1JM
07-01-2012, 02:04 AM
I disagree with this. Where Noah truly gets abused is against the post up. He is a great help defender and Boozer certainly appreciates that.

Noah being unable to defend his check on the block has nothing to do with helping out Boozer. We are looking strictly at one one post defense here. Asik truly shines overall as the most complete defender between him and Noah. Sure his sample size is small but he is playing anything but garbage minutes in games. Yes his offense needs a lot of work but I would much rather have Asik in the middle for 8 million than Noah for 11.3 million.

That's the problem though. Once asik has to get outside the paint, he tends to get in foul trouble and fast. Asik is superior in defending the paint, but not every play goes through it. Thibs isn't the type of coach that plays a certain guy because he has the bigger contract, he plays the guy that will help him win. If he needs a stop against a penetrating team asik is in the game.

TheWhiteMamba
07-01-2012, 02:05 AM
Way to much for Omer. I hope the Bulls FO isnt dumb enough to match. Hopefully they can work out a S&T for Lee though.

D1JM
07-01-2012, 02:08 AM
So doesnt 8 million

That's why guys like Sam Bowie or oden are taken over guys like Jordan and durant. Nba values bigs.

Vinylman
07-01-2012, 02:11 AM
Come on man. Most irrelevant? Who won the title last year backed up by a powerful 2-3 zone with Tyson Chnadler in the middle? I am sorry but you are very far off the ball if you think the post is irrelevant and especially from a defensive stand point. That cant be the case when you have some of the most talented centers in the west in Bynum, Gasol, Cousins, Jefferson etc. It is crucial that you find players that can protect the rim and also defend some of the players I Just listed if your team hopes to be successful. Lebron was embarrassed in the finals when he went up against a good defensive team anchored by an elite defensive center.

Dallas's defense was awesome in the finals... no doubt about it... but that isn't what won the series... go back and look at some of those shooting percentages for Dallas... absolutely off the charts...

Miami scored more than enough points to win that series... it was their D that failed to stop an unbelievable shooting performance by Dallas...

People need to get over the Dallas-Miami series... it was the perfect storm (ie Detroit 2004).

As for Asik, again it is about value and $8 million is a joke quite frankly...

It is gonna be fun to watch the Houston fiasco unfold...

LakersMaster24
07-01-2012, 02:12 AM
Season Age Tm Lg G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
2010-11 24 CHI NBA 82 0 989 2.8 5.1 .553 0.0 0.0 2.7 5.3 .503 4.1 7.1 11.1 1.2 0.7 2.0 2.3 5.6 8.3
2011-12 25 CHI NBA 66 2 971 2.9 5.8 .506 0.0 0.0 1.7 3.8 .456 4.7 8.3 13.0 1.2 1.1 2.5 2.5 4.5 7.6
Career NBA 148 2 1960 2.9 5.5 .529 0.0 0.0 2.2 4.6 .484 4.4 7.7 12.0 1.2 0.9 2.3 2.4 5.0 8.0

Per 36 minutes stats.

13 RPG ! :speechless:

D1JM
07-01-2012, 02:15 AM
Season Age Tm Lg G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
2010-11 24 CHI NBA 82 0 989 2.8 5.1 .553 0.0 0.0 2.7 5.3 .503 4.1 7.1 11.1 1.2 0.7 2.0 2.3 5.6 8.3
2011-12 25 CHI NBA 66 2 971 2.9 5.8 .506 0.0 0.0 1.7 3.8 .456 4.7 8.3 13.0 1.2 1.1 2.5 2.5 4.5 7.6
Career NBA 148 2 1960 2.9 5.5 .529 0.0 0.0 2.2 4.6 .484 4.4 7.7 12.0 1.2 0.9 2.3 2.4 5.0

Per 36 minutes stats.

13 RPG ! :speechless:

And he actually had a down year. I know as a bulls fan I'll rather work a sign and trade for him though

85BearsDefense
07-01-2012, 02:15 AM

oh the fans on PSD... so funny at times

Chronz
07-01-2012, 02:46 AM
I can only hope he accepts the Rockets deal over Minny

IversonIsKrazy
07-01-2012, 02:58 AM
Hopefully Bulls can work out a S&T for one of their guards (Lee, Lamb, or Martin)

effen5
07-01-2012, 03:17 AM
And he actually had a down year. I know as a bulls fan I'll rather work a sign and trade for him though

Too bad he can't play 36min hell I don't think he can play 25 min

reemy
07-01-2012, 03:58 AM
Moreyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!11!!!!!

NoahH
07-01-2012, 04:19 AM
Nice to see that that is what 3ppg and 5rbs gets you. I can't believe this...

DerekRE_3
07-01-2012, 04:52 AM
Thats insane

naztrack
07-01-2012, 04:53 AM
THE BULLS are getting weaker.....YESSSSS!!!!1

Monta is beast
07-01-2012, 04:58 AM
Come on Bulls match! Then trade Noah to someone in the Eastern Conference!

sunsfan88
07-01-2012, 04:59 AM
This just made me realize that Gortat has the BEST contract in the NBA...

49GiantWarriors
07-01-2012, 05:00 AM
he's a pretty good actor he falls to the floor with such authority. Good for the Rockets but that's too expensive for a B-list actor

Cubby
07-01-2012, 05:33 AM
Asik is a luxury, not a necessity. People need to realize this and if we can get a S and T for Lee then we more than make up for his loss in my opinion.

lavilevi23
07-01-2012, 06:13 AM
LMAO 8 mil

Jarvo
07-01-2012, 08:19 AM
Damn give me a jersey quick ! So I can get paid scoring and rebounding like him.

Glen20
07-01-2012, 08:27 AM
THE BULLS are getting weaker.....YESSSSS!!!!1

:laugh:

justinnum1
07-01-2012, 08:43 AM
Asik is a luxury, not a necessity. People need to realize this and if we can get a S and T for Lee then we more than make up for his loss in my opinion.

he was your best defensive big against miami. and insurance for an injury prone front court.

ImDaBaron
07-01-2012, 09:33 AM
he was your best defensive big against miami. and insurance for an injury prone front court.

Which is why I think the Bulls will match if the offer is 8 million(still dont know if they offered that or not).

dtmagnet
07-01-2012, 10:41 AM
Asik is legit, with more minutes he can shine.

astrosmaniac
07-01-2012, 11:34 AM
I think most would agree this is simply more than he is worth. 5 or maybe even 6, but like others have said, 8 mil a year seems like desperation. I don't think the bulls are matching this.

But that's the point. He's a RFA, so you HAVE to overpay to get him. If it was just 5 mil a year I'm sure Chicago would be willing to math no problem.

And for the people thinking they'll S&T him for lee, it wot happen. For the first part both are RFA so I don't even know of that's possible, but secondly we are overpaying to pry him away. We'd rather give up the cap space (most cap in the league) than talente players in a trade