PDA

View Full Version : Houston Rockets putting together S&T offer for Eric Gordon?

Punk
06-30-2012, 10:38 PM
Rumor:

Was just told that Houston is putting together an offer for Gordon S&T that centers around K.Martin and young players. Will allow Hornets to choose any 2-3 of the following if they are interested: Patterson, Lamb, White, Montiejunas, T.Jones. Doubt Hornets say yes, but they do like Martin. Either way, teams r going to go after Gordon and the Hornets will not get a discount this summer. Will have to pay max or close

twitter.com/hornets247

Deal or No Deal?

Glen20
06-30-2012, 10:39 PM
if dragic was part of the deal, i think they take it

justinnum1
06-30-2012, 10:40 PM
NO will hang up the phone pretty damn quick

dtmagnet
06-30-2012, 10:44 PM
I think NOLA is just going to match any offer.

DeRozan10
06-30-2012, 10:44 PM
id look into it if i was NO

JeffG20
06-30-2012, 10:46 PM
i dont think so, they seem to want to keep Gordon at all cost. but you never know.

Vinny642
06-30-2012, 10:46 PM
LOL you guys are kinda late with this. but I doubt we do this, it wouldnt make sense, if we are talking about a CORE why trade one of the core for some cap space(that wouldnt matter as far as getting good players) and some more unproven players messing up the young payers we are already developing

xxplayerxx23
06-30-2012, 10:47 PM
Yeah I dont think so, I like Lamb But Rivers is there. I think Lamb can score 15-18 A game at this level.

Glen20
06-30-2012, 10:47 PM
LOL you guys are kinda late with this. but I doubt we do this, it wouldnt make sense, if we are talking about a CORE why trade one of the core for some cap space(that wouldnt matter as far as getting good players) and some more unproven players messing up the young payers we are already developing

would you do it for scola and dragic and a pick?

North Yorker
06-30-2012, 10:48 PM
Lowry+Lamb+Martin for Gordon+ Vasquez seems like a good deal for the Hornets.

nolafan33
06-30-2012, 10:48 PM
No. Not even close.

The Hornets won't trade a potential superstar like Eric for cap space (which we have plenty of) and a bunch of mid first round players. Especially when we already have so many young players on rookie deals.

Glen20
06-30-2012, 10:50 PM
No. Not even close.

The Hornets won't trade a potential superstar like Eric for cap space (which we have plenty of) and a bunch of mid first round players. Especially when we already have so many young players on rookie deals.

lowry, martin and scola + 1st rounder?

Vinny642
would you do it for scola and dragic and a pick?

Nope, we dont need another guard, if we are going to convert Rivers into a PG, and Scola is not younger nor would he be part of our future.

JeffG20
i know gordon has his health issues but hes young and never had a serious injury. you keep him at all cost

Glen20
06-30-2012, 10:51 PM
Nope, we dont need another guard, if we are going to convert Rivers into a PG, and Scola is not younger nor would he be part of our future.

still not sold on rivers being a pg

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-30-2012, 10:52 PM
If I were the Hornets I'd look into it. Rivers is/should not be a PG. Try to do something with Gordon for Lowry and one of Jones/White/Lamb.

Vinny642
06-30-2012, 10:52 PM
People can say oh yeah we get more cap room.... but for what?!?! we already have a lot for next season, and a team with Davis-Gordon-Rivers is a lot more attractive than a team with just Davis-Rivers

Vinny642
06-30-2012, 10:53 PM

Lets not label it, lets just say Gordon and Rivers will be on the court at the same time.... they are both good ball handlers, and can get their own shot, and Gordon isn't a bad passer.

Glen20
06-30-2012, 10:53 PM
People can say oh yeah we get more cap room.... but for what?!?! we already have a lot for next season, and a team with Davis-Gordon-Rivers is a lot more attractive than a team with just Davis-Rivers

i dnno if you've seen rivers play, but he cannot run an NBA calibre offense

Vinny642
06-30-2012, 10:54 PM
If I were the Hornets I'd look into it. Rivers is/should not be a PG. Try to do something with Gordon for Lowry and one of Jones/White/Lamb.

Why trade Gordon for Lamb if Austin Rivers would be our SG(in your logic)

JeffG20
06-30-2012, 10:54 PM

maybe he is maybe he's not but he wasent drafted to ride the bench.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-30-2012, 10:55 PM
Why trade Gordon for Lamb if Austin Rivers would be our SG(in your logic)

Yeah I meant to leave him out. My bad.

xxplayerxx23
Id do lowry+Lamb and a future pick. Rivers wont be the pg IMO

Vinny642

He isn't going to be starting from day 1.... he will learn, Monty known Austin since he was a kid, trust me, Im sure he'd fit right in

koetravis
Lowry/Jones for Gordon.

JeffG20
06-30-2012, 10:56 PM

it is possible for players to develop you know. why write him off before he proves one way or another

Vinny642
06-30-2012, 10:58 PM
Honestly I just think Houston is desperate and looking to get a star... I am not worried that we will do this

Punk
06-30-2012, 10:58 PM

C'mon son.

You would really pass up on an offer of Lamb, White or Jones, Lowry, Martin for Gordon?

Lowry/Vasquez
Rivers/Lamb/Martin
White/Aminu
Davis

Is alot more attractive than Gordon alone and the cap space for the next few seasons will make them more attractive.

That is an OKC model team in the making.

Vinny642
06-30-2012, 11:01 PM
C'mon son.

You would really pass up on an offer of Lamb, White or Jones, Lowry, Martin for Gordon?

Lowry/Vasquez
Rivers/Lamb/Martin
White/Aminu
Davis

Is alot more attractive than Gordon alone and the cap space for the next few seasons will make them more attractive.

That is an OKC model team in the making.

Martin is 30 and expiring, he wouldnt be part of our future...
I dont like Lamb, from what I saw, he has a low work ethic and desire to get better, Lowry hasnt proven that much, he may be a one season wonder... so YEAH I would pass up on that

ramz.n
06-30-2012, 11:12 PM
i'd give gordon the max..hes young and hes already a proven scorer...he fills a position of need for the hornets that you cant just trade away for other projects that may fill other needs..you build around rivers, gordon, davis.

Glen20
06-30-2012, 11:21 PM
it is possible for players to develop you know. why write him off before he proves one way or another

oh trust me i hope he does well for New Orleans

dtmagnet
06-30-2012, 11:23 PM
People forget they traded Chris Paul to get Gordon, I don't think they'll let him go.

NYMetros
06-30-2012, 11:24 PM
Austin Rivers is NOT a PG. I watched a lot of him at Duke. He averaged 2.1 assists per game and 2.3 turnovers per game. He's a shooting guard who really loves to shoot.

JeffG20
06-30-2012, 11:25 PM
Austin Rivers is NOT a PG. I watched a lot of him at Duke. He averaged 2.1 assists per game and 2.3 turnovers per game. He's a shooting guard who really loves to shoot.

im not much on college ball but did he have any scoring threats besides him?maybe he had to shoot because of lack of options?

dtmagnet
06-30-2012, 11:27 PM
Rivers is a combo guard, aka a short shooting guard.

justinnum1
06-30-2012, 11:28 PM
im not much on college ball but did he have any scoring threats besides him?maybe he had to shoot because of lack of options?

yea, he had curry's brother

robdog_5
06-30-2012, 11:37 PM
Kevin Martin actually wouldn't be a bad deal considering his contract is up and if you feel rivers needs a yr before he can blossom he can keep the seat warm then you could fill the whole in the SF position later. Lowry and Royce White or Jones I would pull trigger

Glen20
06-30-2012, 11:37 PM

if you watched his draft video its quite obvious that he has a tendency to go for difficult shots when there are easier shots available
also, its quite obvious he often refuses to pass to the open man
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrbrarSldxo&feature=player_detailpage#t=315s

Cracka2HI!
06-30-2012, 11:43 PM
I would trade Gordon if was NO. He's really good but he isn't close to a max player. He is always injured. Last year was his worst year with injuries but he gets hurt every year and I don't think he has played a full season. If they can get Martin and 3 young guys from Houston I think they should do it.

Vinny642
06-30-2012, 11:46 PM
I would trade Gordon if was NO. He's really good but he isn't close to a max player. He is always injured. Last year was his worst year with injuries but he gets hurt every year and I don't think he has played a full season. If they can get Martin and 3 young guys from Houston I think they should do it.

Look at Gordon's injuries before you start the injury prone BS... each injury was unrelated to the last..... and last year, think about it.... the Hornets misdiagnose an injury.... seems fishy, i think we played it off so we can get a better draft pick, just saying

JeffG20
06-30-2012, 11:53 PM
Look at Gordon's injuries before you start the injury prone BS... each injury was unrelated to the last..... and last year, think about it.... the Hornets misdiagnose an injury.... seems fishy, i think we played it off so we can get a better draft pick, just saying

in all fairness we have misdiagnosed stuff before. our medical staff is slightly more competent then portlands.

Cracka2HI!
06-30-2012, 11:59 PM

What are you talking about? He has literally gotten hurt every year. Who cares if the injuries are related? How can you pay the max for a guy who isn't a max player coming off a season he played 9 games when he has never been healthy a full season?

sharqstealth
07-01-2012, 12:20 AM
if you watched his draft video its quite obvious that he has a tendency to go for difficult shots when there are easier shots available
also, its quite obvious he often refuses to pass to the open man
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrbrarSldxo&feature=player_detailpage#t=315s

New Orleans fans just stop listening to this troll... It's a waste of time.

rockets-fan
07-01-2012, 12:23 AM
I highly highly doubt N.O trades Gordon. I think they match any offer and turn down any trades. If they do a sign and trade though i think they would want Lowry more than Martin since Rivers is there. Maybe this:

Lowry + Scola(they showed interest last year in the Pau trade) + 1st Round pick.

or

Lowry + T.Jones + Martin and a first?

I dont know much about the salaries, but idk is that a plausible trade for both teams?

SouthSideRookie
07-01-2012, 01:34 AM
What are you talking about? He has literally gotten hurt every year. Who cares if the injuries are related? How can you pay the max for a guy who isn't a max player coming off a season he played 9 games when he has never been healthy a full season?

The red flags are clear, last thing the Rockets need is another player made of glass...pass!

Chronz
07-01-2012, 01:48 AM
Cant see NOLA accepting

Vinny642
07-01-2012, 01:54 AM
People dont get, when we made that Pau trade we were in a different mindset than now, we dont want your old garbage anymore, we are rebuilding....-___- so stop comparing our interests to last year before the eric gordon trade

MrfadeawayJB
07-01-2012, 01:58 AM
too much unproven talent there...but on paper it seems like a good idea. (assuming lamb and company become as good as projected)

Gritz
07-01-2012, 02:14 AM
Gordon is overrated

Vinny642
07-01-2012, 02:16 AM
Gordon is overrated

lol

rockets-fan
07-01-2012, 02:17 AM
People dont get, when we made that Pau trade we were in a different mindset than now, we dont want your old garbage anymore, we are rebuilding....-___- so stop comparing our interests to last year before the eric gordon trade

As much sense as your post makes, because it does... Your not part of the front office. And Lowry isnt "old garbage". Be reasonable.

BigBongTheory
07-01-2012, 02:24 AM
Everyone in the NBA is capable of getting the max anymore. Seriously think about it, Eric Gordon, getting a MAX. smfh.

rockets-fan
07-01-2012, 02:27 AM
Everyone in the NBA is capable of getting the max anymore. Seriously think about it, Eric Gordon, getting a MAX. smfh.

I completely agree with you. But thats what the NBA has come to. Injury prone players getting the max. Sure he has the talent but he hasn't shown max talent. But if thats what it takes to get houston more stars then so be it.

RaiderKid318
07-01-2012, 02:29 AM
Rivers is a combo guard, aka a short shooting guard.

Because 6-5 is short.

JeffG20
07-01-2012, 02:30 AM
just confirming what we suspected

https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/219312826349654016

RaiderKid318
07-01-2012, 02:32 AM
As much sense as your post makes, because it does... Your not part of the front office. And Lowry isnt "old garbage". Be reasonable.

He is talking about scola and Martin. Plus martin is all about scoring and no D we don't need him on our team. Monty already has work to do on Rivers' D as it is lol.

rockets-fan
07-01-2012, 02:34 AM
He is talking about scola and Martin. Plus martin is all about scoring and no D we don't need him on our team. Monty already has work to do on Rivers' D as it is lol.

Oh ok well I thought he meant Lowry since alot of Rockets fans had mentioned him.

RaiderKid318
07-01-2012, 02:34 AM
The hornets also don't plan on having a set PG EJ, rivers, and at times vas will all rotate at the PG position until we get a legit PG or one of them just settles in as a PG. In the end I see one of Rivers or EJ forcing the other out of NO in the future if one doesn't figure out the PG position.

RaiderKid318
07-01-2012, 02:36 AM
Oh ok well I thought he meant Lowry since alot of Rockets fans had mentioned him.

Naw I promise if a deal was made it would be centered around Lowry/Dragic and scola or Martin would be thrown in to off set the salaries if y'all are already high in cap.

topdog
07-01-2012, 02:44 AM
Gordon was the 7th pick in a very good draft and has played like it. Why give up quality for quantity?

I honestly don't understand his free agency tour and why NOLA doesn't just sit him down and lock him up.

RaiderKid318
07-01-2012, 02:50 AM
Gordon was the 7th pick in a very good draft and has played like it. Why give up quality for quantity?

I honestly don't understand his free agency tour and why NOLA doesn't just sit him down and lock him up.

Same reason we didn't play him when we could have this year. We are trying to get him for as cheap as possible. Second someone offers a max contract so will we and it will be over.

loublue22
07-01-2012, 04:34 AM
this just proves why it was dumb to draft Rivers in the first place

waveycrockett
07-01-2012, 07:33 AM

People said the same thing about Russell Westbrook in college. Austin Rivers is a smart player he can do it.

Glen20
07-01-2012, 07:44 AM
People said the same thing about Russell Westbrook in college. Austin Rivers is a smart player he can do it.

rivers is nowhere near the athlete that westbrook is.
Also, Westbrook is still a crap pg. he's a SG at heart.
rivers will not be able to replicate his scoring, nor does he have someone like Durant to make him look like a competent pg.

RaiderKid318
07-01-2012, 11:09 AM
this just proves why it was dumb to draft Rivers in the first place

Not really they took the BPA and it's at a position of no depth. Worst case scenario Rivers comes off the bench until he is ready to start in a harden type role. We are rebuilding not trying to win now, so stop acting like you know what's best for the hornets they took him for a reason.

RaiderKid318
07-01-2012, 11:12 AM
rivers will not be able to replicate his scoring, nor does he have someone like Durant to make him look like a competent pg.

Very VERY few players are the athletes that westbrook is, but rivers is far more intelligent and probably already has the best work ethic on the team. If anyone can handle a transition (which has been stated EJ will be the main PG with rivers as the main SG so this is null point) rivers can.

ManRam
07-01-2012, 11:22 AM
Gordon isn't going anywhere...unless they get a trade offer that's too good to refuse. This doesn't sound like that.

THey'll match anything he's offered...they have to.

Gritz
07-01-2012, 11:23 AM
lol

lolu

You're probably some nerd playing 2k12 thinking he will be a top 10 player because after a few seasons on the game his rating translates that way

waveycrockett
07-01-2012, 11:35 AM

Westbrook is a top-5 PG in this league wtf are you talking about? And the only reason a guy like Westbrook wont become a pass-first type is because he is borderline unstoppable at playing the game his way. Rivers wont be that way and can shoot much better than Westbrook.

I Rock Shaqs
07-01-2012, 11:38 AM
New Orleans fans just stop listening to this troll... It's a waste of time.

LOL people always say someone is trolling when the truth ain't good. Why do you think he went 10th and not 6th? he doesn't like to pass, he takes tough shots, also he has tunnel vision.

I Rock Shaqs
07-01-2012, 11:39 AM
lolu

You're probably some nerd playing 2k12 thinking he will be a top 10 player because after a few seasons on the game his rating translates that way

that's very specific, seems like you know a little too much about 2k, nerd.

Jint.
07-01-2012, 11:54 AM
Montiejunas, Lamb & Martin is fair