PDA

View Full Version : Scott Brooks signs 4 year extension

Glen20
06-30-2012, 10:14 PM
David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt
Thunder, Scott Brooks have agreed on basic terms of a new 4-yr deal; sides still working out details. Story up soon on http://NBA.com .

edit: still working out finer details

greg_ory_2005
06-30-2012, 10:16 PM
Well deserved. Looks like the players really like him.

Glen20
Well deserved. Looks like the players really like him.

yeh. he is a good coach. OKC fans won't admit it until they win though.

Vinny642
Good deal!

justinnum1
06-30-2012, 10:17 PM
oh..

Glen20
06-30-2012, 10:17 PM
Good deal!

but we don't even have the details yet :eyebrow:

Vinny642
06-30-2012, 10:21 PM
but we don't even have the details yet :eyebrow:

What details do you f'ing need??? Are you paying him? Does his contract affect the salary cap? NO so why does it matter?!?

It says 4 years.... thats the only # i care about....

just saying :p

Baller1
06-30-2012, 10:21 PM
****ing ********.

justinnum1
06-30-2012, 10:22 PM
****ing ********.

lets play guess the blocked out word;)

on a serious note, you have been pretty against this the whole time

GayForDirk
06-30-2012, 10:23 PM
He's a good coach.

Glen20
06-30-2012, 10:34 PM
What details do you f'ing need??? Are you paying him? Does his contract affect the salary cap? NO so why does it matter?!?

It says 4 years.... thats the only # i care about....

just saying :p

what if its 4 years for 100 million? :p

Glen20
06-30-2012, 10:34 PM
****ing ********.

hater :pity:

Cubby
06-30-2012, 10:36 PM
hater :pity:

He hates him because he's a ****ing terrible coach.

Glen20
06-30-2012, 10:37 PM

well we can agree to disagree

justinnum1
06-30-2012, 10:38 PM

Didn't hear people saying he was terrible when they won 4 in a row off the spurs.

Cubby
06-30-2012, 10:41 PM
Didn't hear people saying he was terrible when they won 4 in a row off the spurs.

That's because it had a little bit to do with Durant playing ****ing amazing. Harden played pretty well himself. Tell me a time where the Thunder ran a play. Tell me a time where Brooks ever made an adjustment.

Vinny642
06-30-2012, 10:43 PM
what if its 4 years for 100 million? :p

Then the dude is getting PAID

justinnum1
06-30-2012, 10:43 PM
That's because it had a little bit to do with Durant playing ****ing amazing. Harden played pretty well himself. Tell me a time where the Thunder ran a play. Tell me a time where Brooks ever made an adjustment.

Yea, lets forget that they ran into the best team in the league playing hot as ****. Nothing brooks could have done would have helped.

Is it brooks fault his players decided to **** the bed?

Glen20
06-30-2012, 10:46 PM

yeh you're right. Scott Brooks has never ever ran a play or made a single adjustment his entire tenure.

Cubby
06-30-2012, 10:47 PM
Yea, lets forget that they ran into the best team in the league playing hot as ****. Nothing brooks could have done would have helped.

Their team has good defenders. Harden is a good defender, Westbrook is a good defender, Serge is good, Kevin Durant is decent but on his way there, Perkins is good, Thabo is great. Why the **** do they suck defensively and never close out on shooters? What other explanation is there? That they didn't want it? That's ******** and you know it.

justinnum1
06-30-2012, 10:50 PM
Their team has good defenders. Harden is a good defender, Westbrook is a good defender, Serge is good, Kevin Durant is decent but on his way there, Perkins is good, Thabo is great. Why the **** do they suck defensively and never close out on shooters? What other explanation is there? That they didn't want it? That's ******** and you know it.

Because lebron finally played in the post, you either single cover him and he rapes you or you double him and he finds and open 3pt shooter. pick your poison.

miami just flat out beat them. OKC had no answers that miami woulnd't exploit

justinnum1
06-30-2012, 10:50 PM
yeh you're right. Scott Brooks has never ever ran a play or made a single adjustment his entire tenure.

that kid thinks he is a analyst lol

Cubby
06-30-2012, 10:55 PM
Because lebron finally played in the post, you either single cover him and he rapes you or you double him and he finds and open 3pt shooter. pick your poison.

miami just flat out beat them. OKC had no answers that miami woulnd't exploit

Miami was going to win that series anyways. Explain to me why they aren't good defensively?

The blueprint to beat the Heat is simple. If you stop Wade or Bosh and the role players and let LeBron rape you, you can win the game. OKC has the defenders to do it. It's the same thing some teams do with the Magic. Let Dwight go off if it means stopping the role players.

Cubby
06-30-2012, 10:56 PM
that kid thinks he is a analyst lol

He thinks he's better than everyone else.

justinnum1
06-30-2012, 11:00 PM
Miami was going to win that series anyways. Explain to me why they aren't good defensively?

The blueprint to beat the Heat is simple. If you stop Wade or Bosh and the role players and let LeBron rape you, you can win the game. OKC has the defenders to do it. It's the same thing some teams do with the Magic. Let Dwight go off if it means stopping the role players.

If its so simple why couldnt anyone do it?

Okc does not have the defenders to do it, if they did they would have.

Cubby
06-30-2012, 11:04 PM
If its so simple why couldnt anyone do it?

Okc does not have the defenders to do it, if they did they would have.

Because not every team has the pieces to do it, so they have to find another way. The Bulls tried to do it last year in the playoffs and it worked until Bosh started going off on us.

They definitely do have the pieces. Ibaka could cover Bosh and Thabo on Wade. Let LeBron go off and close out on shooters. Double Wade with Russell at points if necessary. The problem is that they left Perkins in there and he had no business on that floor. He simply wasn't quick enough or athletic enough to keep up with Bosh. That's why they lost. Mismatches did them in.

Glen20
06-30-2012, 11:08 PM
He thinks he's better than everyone else.

he's talking about you...

Cubby
06-30-2012, 11:10 PM
he's talking about you...

Yeah no ****.

Glen20
06-30-2012, 11:12 PM
Yeah no ****.

cute :love:

b@llhog24
07-01-2012, 04:06 PM
****ing ********.

:laugh:

Its easy to look like a good coach when your team is firing on all cylinders offensively, its the decisions that you make when you're faced with adversity to makes you a good coach. (I think Brooks is a decent coach if mainly because his ability to manage the egos of Durant, Westbrook, and Harden but they aren't really headcases in any event). Probably top 20 or something.

KD>Harden on defense.

It kind of is, its a coaches job to motivate his players, Brooks failed to do that in the finals. He also couldn't get Durant out of foul trouble and didn't utilize a known Miami Heat weakness (zone defense).