PDA

View Full Version : So did the Heat strike out on finding a big man in the draft?

bearadonisdna
06-30-2012, 03:35 PM
And unlikely to sign one in free agency.
Is it too early to say they struck out in their never ending search for a big man?

greg_ory_2005
06-30-2012, 03:37 PM
Why'd they trade Moultrie?

justinnum1
06-30-2012, 03:39 PM
Bosh will most likely be there center going forward...did a fine job vs chandler and KG

bearadonisdna
06-30-2012, 03:40 PM
Why'd they trade Moultrie?

IDK.

They are in the luxury tax and maybe didnt want to pay his salary.

I really dont know.

justinnum1
06-30-2012, 03:44 PM
i was pissed they passed on PJ3, but thinking about it, they will be favorites for the title next year, and since we didnt have a first round pick next year, we now have phillys so probably between 15-20 pick in next years draft.

thekmp211
06-30-2012, 03:48 PM
unlikely? did FA start yet?

i think they will get a camby type and like justinuum said bron/bosh 4/5 was devastating. bron being bron makes it possible.

they just need to ditch joel caveman anthony for a real back up big. and if they sign ray ray why tinker any more than that?

alistar
06-30-2012, 03:49 PM
I don't even think their searching for one

KnickNyKnick
06-30-2012, 04:00 PM
lol not sure how they can strike out on anything this off season. they are the team to beat. but im sure they will attract proven vets

DeyAce
06-30-2012, 04:02 PM
In like every mock draft they got Festus and when he fell to them I thought that was going to be the pick for sure

kjoke
06-30-2012, 04:09 PM
Hopefully, Haslem can get it going again, if that happens:

for the REGULAR season

Chalmers
Wade
Lebron
Bosh
Joel/Halsem

then for the playoffs Joel gets kicked out and we roll with a smaller lineup like this year.

Plus the Heat might be able to get something out of Pittman, Varnado, Curry. Probably not, but any contribution would probably be only for the regular season

justinnum1
06-30-2012, 04:11 PM
miami had 2 or 3 guys they wanted, they didnt get them and instead of being stuck with a guaranteed contract+lux tax on that, they got John Doe in the 2nd round and a nice little pick next year that could be used as trade bait.

Chronz
06-30-2012, 04:11 PM
From what Ive read, that Moultrie guy wouldve been a good fit for them.

StarvingKnick22
06-30-2012, 04:13 PM
ITS THE MIAMI Heat. they dont need another player they're goood with what they have. and plus they might get Kaman

justinnum1
06-30-2012, 04:15 PM
ITS THE MIAMI Heat. they dont need another player they're goood with what they have. and plus they might get Kaman

we are not getting kaman

Chronz
BTW I still believe in Curry becoming a bench scorer for them.

kjoke

I REALLY liked him. I think with the diminishing talent at the center position, a tall skilled PF is the next best thing. Wish we kept him, and I would be more furious if we didn't win the championship. I think it comes down to the fact if you think he would be a rotation player for the HEAT already?

I hate that we are targeting old centers (or what people want) like Camby. I love young talent then a one year rental.

fadedmario
06-30-2012, 04:21 PM
PJIII or Moultrie were both top 15 type talents.

topdog
06-30-2012, 04:38 PM

His high motor and athleticism would have fit in great in Miami. Just when you think you've caught a break and are going to get a rebound, there comes Moultrie flying in! :p

The money part seems dumb to me. As they said on the draft telecast: you won't find much cheaper of a contract than a draft pick. It would have cost about $1M and have gone to $2M by the end of the deal.

Fnom11
06-30-2012, 04:51 PM
People keep blowing this money thing out of proportion. The Heat are about to sign a 100m dollar a year contract for their TV rights, similar to the Lakers. These contracts are made specifically for the luxury tax.

kozelkid
06-30-2012, 04:51 PM
BTW I still believe in Curry becoming a bench scorer for them.

You're better than that.

Either way, not keeping Moultrie was a major blunder on their part. They just continue to struggle when it comes to drafting. And while it may not better that much in the near future with their lack of depth, they certainly aren't doing any favors in extending their big 3's careers without suitable backups for them.

Gibby
06-30-2012, 04:52 PM
i was pissed they passed on PJ3, but thinking about it, they will be favorites for the title next year, and since we didnt have a first round pick next year, we now have phillys so probably between 15-20 pick in next years draft.

do you know if that pick is lottery protected?

justinnum1
i really hope curry is not on this team.

justinnum1
do you know if that pick is lottery protected?

it is, but philly will be a playoff team...pick will prob be 15-20

Slug3
06-30-2012, 05:08 PM
Miami went through chandler, Hibbert, KG and Perkins. Honestly I don't think we need a big man as much as everyone says.

Blitzbolt
06-30-2012, 05:15 PM
I'm sure some Vet C will sign for cheap just to get a ring.

justinnum1
06-30-2012, 05:17 PM

for sure

Chronz
06-30-2012, 05:26 PM
You're better than that.

Either way, not keeping Moultrie was a major blunder on their part. They just continue to struggle when it comes to drafting. And while it may not better that much in the near future with their lack of depth, they certainly aren't doing any favors in extending their big 3's careers without suitable backups for them.

hah, definitely a long shot, but a Bulls fan doubting Curry doesnt have any sway on me, especially if hes on Miami.

The guy is 30 years old, that not ancient by bigman standards, is it really unfathomable for him to regain some of that scoring touch and have some kind of impact off the bench? Im not expecting much, just 14 minutes of decent inside scoring, Spo says hes a project and getting in shape, but I wouldnt be surprised if they just cut him next year.

And agreed on the draft move, I dont get the point of not taking a flier on any prospect that fills a need that late in the draft.

kozelkid
06-30-2012, 05:41 PM
hah, definitely a long shot, but a Bulls fan doubting Curry doesnt have any sway on me, especially if hes on Miami.

Fair enough. But seeing firsthand just how lazy and uninspired he is, couple with absolutely no desire to play defense or rebound the ball, gives me enough confidence that he'll likely be cut. That and even Miami fans view him as garbage.

The guy is 30 years old, that not ancient by bigman standards, is it really unfathomable for him to regain some of that scoring touch and have some kind of impact off the bench? Im not expecting much, just 14 minutes of decent inside scoring, Spo says hes a project and getting in shape, but I wouldnt be surprised if they just cut him next year.

He can maybe be a decent scorer, but given his AWFUL defense and rebounding, I can't see a team like Miami that prioritizes defense first, have any desire to play him.

The guy just has no desire to be good: never did and never will.

Glen20
06-30-2012, 06:48 PM
dw we have curry ... :sad2:

Glen20
06-30-2012, 06:48 PM

yeh shaq :pray:

GayForDirk
06-30-2012, 10:30 PM
Yes, but it's okay.

Glen20
06-30-2012, 10:34 PM
Yes, but it's okay.

LOL nice username