PDA

View Full Version : Ric Bucher reports that Jason Kidd will follow D-Will

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-30-2012, 03:03 PM
The NBA on ESPN ‏@NBAonESPN
Source: Deron Williams to meet with Nets and Mavs on Monday -

Mike Mazzeo ‏@MazzESPN
Also, as has seemed apparent, Bucher reports Kidd will pick whatever team D-Will picks and back him up ‪#Nets‬

jrm2054
06-30-2012, 03:04 PM
this was known already pretty much

KB-Pau-DH2012
Ric Bucher: You have seen the last of Kobe Bryant in a Lakers uniform.

- Circa 2007

NYG 2000
Hope they have fun in Dallas

justinnum1
06-30-2012, 03:07 PM
Congrats nets fans
Nets can pay Kidd a lot more than the mavs can

njnets
06-30-2012, 03:24 PM
i was late on this too. didnt know that this process was official.

i wonder how much kidd will ask for as the backup as well.

DeyAce
06-30-2012, 03:29 PM
I wonder if both go to the nets

VinceCarter
06-30-2012, 03:29 PM
If he [Kidd] asks too much then don't sign him....simple. Nets need to be smart going forward.

Il Mago50
06-30-2012, 03:31 PM
Is a team of Kirilenko, Dwight, Deron and Kidd a contender?

oak2455
06-30-2012, 03:32 PM
Will he beat his wife again ? Or will she beat him...

heyman321
06-30-2012, 03:37 PM
Is a team of Kirilenko, Dwight, Deron and Kidd a contender?

No, but Dirk, Dwight, and Deron are.

bryan71023
06-30-2012, 03:37 PM
D-Will To Meet Nets, Mavs Monday

This is going take some time. Ric Bucher reports that Deron Williams will meet with representatives of the Nets and Mavericks on Monday as he decides on where he will play next season. Although there is no deadline for Williams to make up his mind, he has said he would like to have things out of the way before the opening of Olympic tryouts Friday.

He cannot sign a contract until July 11 but it's expected that he will make up his mind and announce it this week, perhaps by July 4, Wednesday.

Bucher indicates as well that Jason Kidd will follow Williams wherever he goes. "Another source with business ties to both Kidd and Williams says that the two already have decided to play together for the Nets next season. However, multiple sources say Williams is still torn about his decision," Bucher reported.

In tweets, John Hollinger said he believes that if it is a package deal, then it's likely to be the Nets since Brooklyn can pay Kidd more than Dallas. However, Chris Broussard, quoting "sources", wrote the Nets point guard Williams "is not planning to visit or meet with any teams once the league allows clubs to begin recruiting players."

Netsdaily.com

asmarks18
06-30-2012, 03:39 PM
Congrats nets fans
Nets can pay Kidd a lot more than the mavs can

The Mavs will have enough to offer Williams a max contract and then have nearly 9 million dollars to spend after that, so how can the Nets offer more? Neither team is going to pay him a cent over 4 million for next season and it will likely be a 1 year deal regardless of the team they choose.

justinnum1
06-30-2012, 03:40 PM
i would be shocked if they dont play for the nets. Cuban really ****ed up.

Tanakid777
06-30-2012, 03:40 PM
So we're double ****ed. That's just cute

HaruSoul
06-30-2012, 03:45 PM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8116596/2012-nba-free-agency-deron-williams-meet-brooklyn-nets-dallas-mavericks-reps-monday-source-says

asmarks18
06-30-2012, 03:45 PM

Not really. Wish we still had Chandler of course, but Barea, Stevenson and Butler are easily replacable. He has his backup plans in place to make us at the very least better than last season. Lots of other guys out there who can help us be a better team. Deron isn't the only one.

justinnum1
06-30-2012, 03:46 PM
Not really. Wish we still had Chandler of course, but Barea, Stevenson and Butler are easily replacable. He has his backup plans in place to make us at the very least better than last season. Lots of other guys out there who can help us be a better team. Deron isn't the only one.

Outside gordon, who is another star that cuban can get?

dwill would have made the mavs contenders, maybe they throw 10mil per year at nash

asmarks18
06-30-2012, 03:48 PM
We likely wouldnt get a star, just try to surround Dirk with really good players at every position on the court. Which is the forumula we won a championship with.

bryan71023
06-30-2012, 03:59 PM
If DWill resigns with the Nets then the Mavs will go hard after Nash even if it's for 2 years

Mr.B
06-30-2012, 03:59 PM
Outside gordon, who is another star that cuban can get?

dwill would have made the mavs contenders, maybe they throw 10mil per year at nash

Well you mentioned 2 possibilities for the Mavs if they don't get Deron. Nash or Goran Dragic would be good signings. The Mavs could actually go after both Dragic and Eric Gordon. If Toronto amnesties Calderon in order to clear cap space for Nash then he's another option.

gatkins11
06-30-2012, 04:00 PM
So, if going to the Nets is such a sure thing, then why is he meeting with Dallas on Monday?

If his mind is truly made up, that would be like meeting with an adoption agency even though you know you definitely don't want to adopt a child.

justinnum1
06-30-2012, 04:02 PM
We likely wouldnt get a star, just try to surround Dirk with really good players at every position on the court. Which is the forumula we won a championship with.

i dont know if that can happen again tho. with the new CBA and what not.

asmarks18
06-30-2012, 04:02 PM
Good post, Gatkins

justinnum1
06-30-2012, 04:03 PM
Well you mentioned 2 possibilities for the Mavs if they don't get Deron. Nash or Goran Dragic would be good signings. The Mavs could actually go after both Dragic and Eric Gordon. If Toronto amnesties Calderon in order to clear cap space for Nash then he's another option.

gordon is restrcited, and most likely NO will match and mavs will tie up 14mil in cap for 3 days waiting on NO to match.

nash
mayo
wallace
dirk
kaman

is a pretty nice unit, not sure that gets past OKC tho.

Chronz
06-30-2012, 04:03 PM
D-Will is doing what Kidd did for Zo, getting him one last fat check. Maybe Kidd settles for less, I dunno but this is pretty cool of them.

Thats a great combo, Kidd may be nothing more than an overrated Vet at this point but hes an adequate backup.

justinnum1
06-30-2012, 04:04 PM
So, if going to the Nets is such a sure thing, then why is he meeting with Dallas on Monday?

If his mind is truly made up, that would be like meeting with an adoption agency even though you know you definitely don't want to adopt a child.

why did wade meet with all the teams he did?

asmarks18
06-30-2012, 04:05 PM
i dont know if that can happen again tho. with the new CBA and what not.

When we amnesty Haywood, which we will. We will have roughly 33 million dollars to spend. Are you saying we cant sign 3 or 4 quality players with 33 million dollars? It can be done my man. Mavs are going to be competitive next year at the very least. If I can guarantee one thing... It's that Mark Cuban will never put a losing team out on the court, at least in the Dirk era.

StarvingKnick22
06-30-2012, 04:06 PM
damn. really wish he could come to the knicks

JerseysFinest
06-30-2012, 04:07 PM
@Gatkins, not saying Deron won't go to Dallas or anything, but this logic could be applied to any of the big time free agents of recent memory. LeBron met with teams like Chicago, New York, and Jersey but he had it in his mind that he was going to Miami. Wade met with Chicago and everyone assumed he would want to go back home and team up with Derrick Rose and bring his home team a championship, but he stayed in Miami.

KniCks4LiFe
06-30-2012, 04:07 PM
you can lock it up now. IMO Kidd's retiring a Nets. He's backing up D-Will. They got the PG spot shored up. Kidd will take a discount. He knows where he's at in his career.

justinnum1
06-30-2012, 04:09 PM
When we amnesty Haywood, which we will. We will have roughly 33 million dollars to spend. Are you saying we cant sign 3 or 4 quality players with 33 million dollars? It can be done my man. Mavs are going to be competitive next year at the very least. If I can guarantee one thing... It's that Mark Cuban will never put a losing team out on the court, at least in the Dirk era.

What im saying is i dont think they can get guys that were as good as they had in 2011...

tyson chandler played like the 2nd best center that year...will they be able to get a top 5 center in FA this year?

Of course the mavs will be competitive, i just dont think they will be title contenders unless dwill decides to play there.

but like i said.

a lineup of

nash
mayo
wallace
dirk
kaman

would be fun to watch.

marj987
06-30-2012, 04:11 PM
Kidd is a trolling douche if Deron goes to the Nets.

KniCks4LiFe
06-30-2012, 04:11 PM
that's something no one has thought of, what if Cuban compensates Nash?

asmarks18
06-30-2012, 04:12 PM
I would be down with Nash and Kaman if they both agreed to 2 year deals or less. I have no interest in Mayo at all to be honest. Wallace would be just a waste of money because Marion basically does everything Wallace can but only has 2 years left on his contract. Wallace will be looking for at least a 3 year contract and higher than mid level money. He is only 29.

justinnum1
06-30-2012, 04:16 PM
i thought marion was a FA, then ya, just keep him but he is getting paid to much

KniCks4LiFe
06-30-2012, 04:18 PM
Kaman and Nash would have them competing. Ppl forgot how good Kaman was before the Clips + inj. + contracts.

Kaman hits his FTs, blocks, is a good rebounder, passer. Nash does everything but defend.

llemon
06-30-2012, 04:21 PM
Kaman and Nash would have them competing. Ppl forgot how good Kaman was before the Clips + inj. + contracts.

Kaman hits his FTs, blocks, is a good rebounder, passer. Nash does everything but defend.

Kaman is also injured quite a bit.

KniCks4LiFe
06-30-2012, 04:23 PM
Kaman is also injured quite a bit.

I know. I didn't say it'd be a homerun for them.

shep33
06-30-2012, 04:29 PM
Why on Earth would Deron want to come back out west if he's wanting to win a title?

The easier road is through the east. Yeah you play Miami, but you might as well take your shot against them in the ECF. The West powers will still be good for a few more years (OKC, Spurs, Lakers, Clips, Grizz, etc.), while teams like NOH, Minny, Sacramento, and Gstate are on the rise.

Stay out east and try to atleast give Miami a run for it's money.

Young2Kinsler
06-30-2012, 04:32 PM

Cuban did not **** up whatsoever. I've said it a million times. Whether we wind up with Deron or not, these were the right moves for our franchise last offseason.

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-30-2012, 04:32 PM
Kidd is a trolling douche if Deron goes to the Nets.

Yeah he'd be such a douche going back to a place where he had the best part of his career... How stupid of him. If he went to the Mavs though he'd be an amazing recruiter.

Get real.

justinnum1
06-30-2012, 04:33 PM
Cuban did not **** up whatsoever. I've said it a million times. Whether we wind up with Deron or not, these were the right moves for our franchise last offseason.

most likely cost them another ring last year.

Young2Kinsler
06-30-2012, 04:38 PM

Absolutely not. Any Mavs fan who thinks that team could have repeating is lying to themselves. Dallas caught lightning in a bottle at exactly the right time.

All we would have done is ruin our financial flexibility for the next 4-5 seasons

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-30-2012, 04:38 PM

They wouldnt have got past the Thunder.

Robbw241
06-30-2012, 04:39 PM
I would love this. Kidd played his heart and soul out for the Nets and spent most of his career here. It was unfortunate that he left on bad terms but this would be a great way for all parties to right the wrongs.

Tanakid777
06-30-2012, 04:41 PM

doubt it

marj987
06-30-2012, 04:45 PM
Yeah he'd be such a douche going back to a place where he had the best part of his career... How stupid of him. If he went to the Mavs though he'd be an amazing recruiter.

Great real.

You mean "Get real"?

For a year Kidd has said countless number of times that bring him HERE with Dallas. Now he's saying he's going wherever Deron goes?

KniCks4LiFe
06-30-2012, 04:46 PM
I would love this. Kidd played his heart and soul out for the Nets and spent most of his career here. It was unfortunate that he left on bad terms but this would be a great way for all parties to right the wrongs.

that's all I was thinking. I'm thinking it's a gift to those die-hard Nets fans. Mavs fans you got your 'ship 2 yrs. ago. Jason Kidd when he retires it will be as a Net. His name was made as a NJ Nets, frankly I wouldn't be shocked if even RJ and K-Mart wants to go there to finish thier career. RJ has a plyr. opt right?

marj987
06-30-2012, 04:47 PM
But I won't be mad if they both go there though. You win some you lose some. All I know is Cuban will make the Mavs better than the Nets.

KniCks4LiFe
06-30-2012, 04:50 PM
He has alot of cap space and money to burn once kidd leaves.

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-30-2012, 04:51 PM
You mean "Get real"?

For a year Kidd has said countless number of times that bring him HERE with Dallas. Now he's saying he's going wherever Deron goes?

Autocorrect.

And to me, it seems as though Dallas told Kidd they don't want him back, that could clearly change his mind to then follow Deron to Brooklyn. I just don't think its so absurd for Kidd wanting to come back to a place that embraced him so well.

marj987
06-30-2012, 04:55 PM
Autocorrect.

And to me, it seems as though Dallas told Kidd they don't want him back, that could clearly change his mind to then follow Deron to Brooklyn. I just don't think its so absurd for Kidd wanting to come back to a place that embraced him so well.

Agreed.

LTBaByyy
06-30-2012, 04:59 PM
The Mavs can't even talk to Deron until 12:01 AM July 1st

Of course the Nets are going to have the edge until Monday because they can talk to him and do stuffbefore July 1st

Some of you people over overreact

Mr.B
06-30-2012, 05:17 PM

Get real.

I would bet that winning a title for the team that drafted him is by far a greater moment in his life than anything he did in New Jersey. He will always be known as a champion for the Mavericks not the Nets.

With that being said I still think that both Deron and Kidd will sign with the Nets. With the Mavs having around $33 mil in cap space Goran Dragic would be a good addition (younger version of Nash). Make a play for Eric Gordon and IF New Orleans decides to match then they can bring a guy like C.J. Miles (also from Dallas) fairly cheap. If they do after Nash I would give him anything more than a 2 year deal.

llemon
06-30-2012, 05:34 PM
I would bet that winning a title for the team that drafted him is by far a greater moment in his life than anything he did in New Jersey. He will always be known as a champion for the Mavericks not the Nets

Not sure that's true.

THE MTL
06-30-2012, 05:45 PM
Are they butt buddies or something lol. I think Jason Kidd owes it to the Nets to come back there.

Mr.B
06-30-2012, 05:48 PM
Not sure that's true.

He's said during interviews that next to having his kids winning a title was the best experience he's ever had. Also according to this video he would love to play 2-3 more years with the Mavs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoJMOpdSXjo&feature=player_detailpage

Mr.B
06-30-2012, 05:49 PM
I think Jason Kidd owes it to the Nets to come back there.

How do you figure that? They're the ones that traded him for Devin Harris.

THE MTL
06-30-2012, 05:50 PM
How do you figure that? They're the ones that traded him for Devin Harris.

He requested a trade. And then said during that year's allstar game interview that he would want to be in Dallas (while still a Net)

llemon
06-30-2012, 05:53 PM
He's said during interviews that next to having his kids winning a title was the best experience he's ever had. Also according to this video he would love to play 2-3 more years with the Mavs.

What does that have to do with the way Kidd will be remembered?

And now Kidd wants to play with Deron for 2-3 more years.

Ebbs
06-30-2012, 06:15 PM

how? Pretty sure we still got a ring. That's all I care about.

Mr.B
06-30-2012, 06:26 PM
What does that have to do with the way Kidd will be remembered?

And now Kidd wants to play with Deron for 2-3 more years.

Well as of today he won't be remembered for winning a title with the Nets.

And who says he doesn't want to play with DWill in Dallas?

llemon
06-30-2012, 06:31 PM

I'm sure Dallas fans think of the role player that helped Mavs win a Title, as well they should.

I know that Net fans remember him as the player that turned around a horrible team and LEAD them to 2 straight Finals appearances vs. teams I'm not sure Dallas 2011 champs could have beat. Nets were the most exciting team in the NBA to watch the first 3 years Kidd was a Net.

The rest of the NBA fans will have to speak for themselves.

And the media seems to be saying that Kidd wants to back up Deron on whichever team Deron signs with.

That doesn't sound like he prefers Mavs.

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-30-2012, 06:33 PM

The way I see it, since they're declaring themselves as a package deal, Dallas doesn't want Kidd, they'd rather sign youthful role players. Coming to the Nets achieves what they both want, money and a chance to win.

And yes I know all you fans think the Nets can't win, but with DWill, role players, and hopefully the resurgence of Lopez , they can be a playoff team easily.

Mr.B
06-30-2012, 06:33 PM
I'm sure Dallas fans think of the role player that helped Mavs win a Title, as well they should.

I know that Net fans remember him as the player that turned around a horrible team and LEAD them to 2 straight Finals appearances vs. teams I'm not sure Dallas 2011 champs could have beat. Nets were the most exciting team in the NBA to watch the first 3 years Kidd was a Net.

The rest of the NBA fans will have to speak for themselves.

You underestimate how Dallas fans view Jason Kidd. I personally became a baskeball fan because of the Three J's.

netsgiantsyanks
06-30-2012, 06:34 PM
let the best team win.

Mr.B
06-30-2012, 06:35 PM
The way I see it, since they're declaring themselves as a package deal, Dallas doesn't want Kidd, they'd rather sign youthful role players. Coming to the Nets achieves what they both want, money and a chance to win.

And yes I know all you fans think the Nets can't win, but with DWill, role players, and hopefully the resurgence of Lopez , they can be a playoff team easily.

Who said Dallas doesn't want Kidd? Mark Cuban and Donnie Nelson have said the exact opposite. Plus he's one of Dirk's best friends.

llemon
06-30-2012, 06:36 PM
You underestimate how Dallas fans view Jason Kidd. I personally became a baskeball fan because of the Three J's.

You're a Mavs fan, right?

marj987
06-30-2012, 06:36 PM
I want Kidd to come back.

marj987
06-30-2012, 06:37 PM
let the best team win.

Lol shut up you know dwill is a net.

Mr.B
06-30-2012, 06:38 PM
You're a Mavs fan, right?

Yup, have been since 1993.

netsgiantsyanks
06-30-2012, 06:40 PM
Lol shut up you know dwill is a net.

i really don't :shrug: i'm definitely hoping for the best which is him and kidd joining brooklyn, but preparing for the worst, which is him jetting and us being left with crap.

popo85
06-30-2012, 06:40 PM
Brooklyn.

llemon
06-30-2012, 06:41 PM
Yup, have been since 1993.

So you should think of Kidd as a Mav.

Not everyone is a Mavs fan. Many NBA fans will remember Kidd in his prime.

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-30-2012, 06:41 PM
Who said Dallas doesn't want Kidd? Mark Cuban and Donnie Nelson have said the exact opposite. Plus he's one of Dirk's best friends.

Jason Kidd has shown no signs of wanting to be back with the Mavs and also I doubt he will take minimum to play with the Mavs, I believe he even said so. You guys don't have enough money to sign both. Even if you amnestied Haywood it wouldn't make your team better.

I just honestly don't see how it could all work out. I'm still concerned about the Mavs chances, but again it all just doesn't make sense.

netsgiantsyanks
06-30-2012, 06:42 PM

and i bet half of the nets fan base became basketball fans because of kidd & k-mart. i did.

llemon
06-30-2012, 06:44 PM
and i bet half of the nets fan base became basketball fans because of kidd & k-mart. i did.

I became a Nets' real fan because of Rick Barry. Then Julius locked me in.

heyman321
I want to see them both go to the Bobcats just to shock everyone in the league.

waveycrockett
[QUOTE][/ Deron Williams will meet with both the Nets and Mavericks on Monday before deciding on which team to sign with, according to a source.

Jason Kidd will join Williams on whichever team he chooses, according to sources.

Kidd recently purchased a home in East Hampton, according to a source.

A source with business ties to both Williams and Kidd said the two have already decided to play together with the Nets.

Williams hopes to decide officially by July 7 when the Olympic team begins practice. [QUOTE]

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-30-2012, 06:46 PM

As did I, I grew up with Kidd ,Kittles, RJ, and Martin.

I know Kidd as a Net, the captain.

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-30-2012, 06:46 PM
I think DWill should just resign with Brooklyn, J-Kidd as his backup, and Orlando just has to stop messing around and hold Dwight hostage. Just trade him to Brooklyn for Lopez, Marshon, re-signed GWall and all the draft picks that the Nets go this yr with a 1st round pick.

Just do it already. His heart is in Brooklyn and no where else. Orlando should talk holding him hostage and just look towards the future. They are responsible themselves for all of this and getting bad contracts etc.

netsgiantsyanks
06-30-2012, 06:47 PM
I became a Nets' real fan because of Rick Barry. Then Julius locked me in.

i said half, grandpa. :p

justinnum1
06-30-2012, 06:47 PM
how? Pretty sure we still got a ring. That's all I care about.

if your content with just one, than yea. he did a great job.

waveycrockett
06-30-2012, 06:49 PM
[ Deron Williams will meet with both the Nets and Mavericks on Monday before deciding on which team to sign with, according to a source.

Jason Kidd will join Williams on whichever team he chooses, according to sources.

Kidd recently purchased a home in East Hampton, according to a source.

A source with business ties to both Williams and Kidd said the two have already decided to play together with the Nets.

Williams hopes to decide officially by July 7 when the Olympic team begins practice.

We Golden Baby and Farmar opted in!!

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-30-2012, 06:56 PM

I wont believe a thing until I here if from Deron himself. Don't get too overhyped, we're Nets fan, these things happen to us.

And Farmar opting in sucks, I don't want that 4.25 mil for a 3rd string PG.

llemon
06-30-2012, 06:57 PM
i said half, grandpa. :p

I'm a Union man, and seniority counts.

llemon
06-30-2012, 06:58 PM

Have a link on Farmar opting in?

waveycrockett
06-30-2012, 07:00 PM

Per daily news

RT @NYDNInterNets Jordan Farmar confirms "I opted in."

JOhnnyTHaJet

Couple of Nets writers are confirming it on Twitter. Not sure if its really true but who knows. We need to trade him ASAP.

Young2Kinsler
Why would he be setting up meetings if his mind is already decided?

If he stays in NJ, so be it, he must enjoy only having to play 82 games a year.

Blitzbolt
06-30-2012, 07:01 PM
Stay in the East PLZ.

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-30-2012, 07:04 PM

Due diligence.

And we moved to Brooklyn, we are the Brooklyn Nets.

llemon
06-30-2012, 07:05 PM
Per daily news

RT @NYDNInterNets Jordan Farmar confirms "I opted in."

You are right. Just read it.

justinnum1
06-30-2012, 07:05 PM

:laugh:

why did wade visit NY and chicago?....yea

Mr.B
06-30-2012, 07:06 PM
Jason Kidd has shown no signs of wanting to be back with the Mavs and also I doubt he will take minimum to play with the Mavs, I believe he even said so. You guys don't have enough money to sign both. Even if you amnestied Haywood it wouldn't make your team better.

I just honestly don't see how it could all work out. I'm still concerned about the Mavs chances, but again it all just doesn't make sense.

They actually will have plenty of money to sign both (about $33 mil once Haywood is amnestied). And Kidd already took less money to stay with Dallas after his first year back so I don't see why he wouldn't do it again. He knows Cuban would pay him fair market value for a backup PG. Also just because he bought a house in the Hamptons doesn't mean that he's automatically signing with the Nets. First off, the Hamptons is not Brooklyn. Second a ton of pro athletes that don't play for any of the local teams call Dallas home because it's a great place to live (as I'm sure the Hampton's is).

Mr.B
06-30-2012, 07:13 PM

That doesn't really make any sense. So you're saying because Wade decided to stay with the Heat that DWill is going to decide to stay with the Nets? If you're going to use that argument then why did Labron visit the Heat and eventually sign with them? Because he wanted to play with another superstar right? Because he was tired of being the only superstar in Cleveland and needed another star player to improve his chances of winning a title right? Well in Dallas DWill will have a chance to play with another superstar. Maybe he's also tired of being the only star with the Nets and wants to improve his chances of winning a title by signing on with the team that already has an established star just like Labron did.

My point is that one has nothing to do with the other. Every person is different.

dtmagnet
06-30-2012, 07:15 PM

Nets had D-Will last year, 22 wins. You're hardly "golden" even if he stays...

dtmagnet
06-30-2012, 07:16 PM

Because if Lebron and Bosh didn't sign in Miami he would have booked it to Chicago.

justinnum1
06-30-2012, 07:17 PM
That doesn't really make any sense. So you're saying because Wade decided to stay with the Heat that DWill is going to decide to stay with the Nets? If you're going to use that argument then why did Labron visit the Heat and eventually sign with them? Because he wanted to play with another superstar right? Because he was tired of being the only superstar in Cleveland and needed another star player to improve his chances of winning a title right? Well in Dallas DWill will have a chance to play with another superstar. Maybe he's also tired of being the only star with the Nets and wants to improve his chances of winning a title by signing on with the team that already has an established star just like Labron did.

My point is that one has nothing to do with the other. Every person is different.

Someone made the comment "why would dwill meet with other teams if his mind is already made up"

i made the comment " why did wade meet with NY and chicago?"

....lebron met with miami because he was switching teams, how would it have looked if lebron met with every team but miami then chose miami? its obvious miami big 3 colluded to play in miami years before...

also, a lot of these guys want to feel wooed and be recruited. i stand by my initial comment that i would be shocked if dwill is not playing in brooklyn next year.

justinnum1
06-30-2012, 07:18 PM
Because if Lebron and Bosh didn't sign in Miami he would have booked it to Chicago.

considering the plan to play in miami was made long before summer of 2010, you point is useless. all wade did is **** tease the bulls hardcore, bosh too for that matter.

i remember that night where wade and bosh went back for their second meeting:laugh:

i was worried, not gonna lie, but seeing how it all played out they were always going to sign in miami. bulls fans thought they had them that night.

Mr.B
06-30-2012, 07:23 PM
....lebron met with miami because he was switching teams, how would it have looked if lebron met with every team but miami then chose miami? its obvious miami big 3 colluded to play in miami years before...

So maybe DWill is meeting with Dallas because he plans on switching teams. And maybe Kidd, Dirk, and DWill colluded to play with Dallas and he's just teasing the Nets hardcore like you said Wade did to Chicago since you seem to think he's copying Wade.

waveycrockett
06-30-2012, 07:23 PM

Also had a 20 ppg center out the entire year. You mad

justinnum1
06-30-2012, 07:24 PM
So maybe DWill is meeting with Dallas because he plans on switching teams. And maybe Kidd, Dirk, and DWill colluded to play with Dallas and he's just teasing the Nets hardcore like you said Wade did to Chicago since you seem to think he's copying Wade.

Maybe, but i dont think so.

llemon
06-30-2012, 07:25 PM

You do realize we lost our starting Center, who is a very good scorer, for all of last season, and he was replaced with a banger (Sheldon) and possibly the worst player in the NBA (Petro).

And I would also hope that you realize that the Nets are hoping Lopez is healthy for the '12-'13 season.

Mr.B
06-30-2012, 07:26 PM

So he has a better shot at winning a title with an injury prone center than he does with a former league MVP and NBA Finals MVP?

justinnum1
06-30-2012, 07:27 PM
So he has a better shot at winning a title with an injury prone center than he does with a former league MVP and NBA Finals MVP?

dirk is 34 and entering his 15th year...not a lot left

dtmagnet
06-30-2012, 07:27 PM

Believe me, the Nets are the last team that will ever make me mad. And I'm sure Brook Lopez would have carried you to an extra 14 wins to get the eighth seed, he's so awesome.

Mr.B
06-30-2012, 07:31 PM
Believe me, the Nets are the last team that will ever make me mad. And I'm sure Brook Lopez would have carried you to an extra 14 wins to get the eighth seed, he's so awesome.

I thought he was saying that if Brook Lopez was healthy all year they would have beaten the Heat and would have beaten OKC to win the title. Everyone here (other than Mavs fans) seems to think that DWill and Brook Lopez is a better combo than DWill and Dirk.

waveycrockett
06-30-2012, 07:32 PM

He never missed a game before that his entire career.l Its not like he is Amare.

waveycrockett
06-30-2012, 07:33 PM

He carried us to 12 wins by himself 2 years ago. Like i said u mad.

marj987
06-30-2012, 07:33 PM
I know you Nets fans haven't had a break with not having a superstar in years, but do you have to be so annoying, yeah it's looking like he's going to BK, but youre acting he's locked and your "having your way with him" (no pun intended), like can you just go ahead and suck his dick while you're at it?

waveycrockett
06-30-2012, 07:36 PM
I know you Nets fans haven't had a break with not having a superstar in years, but do you have to be so annoying, yeah it's looking like he's going to BK, but youre acting he's locked and your "having your way with him" (no pun intended), like can you just go ahead and suck his dick while you're at it?

Lol

Mr.B
06-30-2012, 07:38 PM

I still don't see how adding 12 wins to their record last year gets them past the Heat.

dtmagnet
06-30-2012, 07:40 PM

Yeah, I'm furious.

waveycrockett
06-30-2012, 07:41 PM
I still don't see how adding 12 wins to their record last year gets them past the Heat.

99.999% of teams this year dont look like they getting passed Miami. Doesnt mean u stop building

Young2Kinsler
06-30-2012, 07:47 PM
Due diligence.

And we moved to Brooklyn, we are the Brooklyn Nets.

Brooklyn, New Jersey same thing.

Still a below average, close to bottom feeder team and franchise.

I'm not trying to bash on the Nets for no reason, but even with Lopez last year that team STRUGGLES to make the playoffs in the east.

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-30-2012, 07:51 PM

Realize its only a select few Nets fans.

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-30-2012, 07:55 PM
Brooklyn, New Jersey same thing.

Still a below average, close to bottom feeder team and franchise.

I'm not trying to bash on the Nets for no reason, but even with Lopez last year that team STRUGGLES to make the playoffs in the east.

Brooklyn and Jersey the same thing? I dont think you have ever visted the area. I'm born and raised in NJ, I love NJ, it gets a bad rap, but Brooklyn is incredible.

Having Lopez last year would of made us better than Philly. Realize that half our team was hurt, it wasnt JUST Lopez, many seem to forget that.

The Nets as of late have not been good but in no way are they a bottom feeder franchise. We have been to the finals, have been in the playoffs a great portion of our existence, honestly I just think you're talking out of your ***.

dtmagnet
06-30-2012, 08:03 PM
Half the Raptors team was hurt including their best player, they managed to finish with one more win than the Nets. I also don't believe you would be better than Philly if Lopez played.

LTBaByyy
06-30-2012, 08:05 PM
dirk is 34 and entering his 15th year...not a lot left

He averaged 21 points on a lock out season and he was out of shape

Deron averaged 21 on a lottery team with scrubs and he was healthy in his prime

Give it up. Dirk will average 20 until he retires, he is a shooter not a player that needs his athletic ability

justinnum1
06-30-2012, 08:06 PM

Give it up. Dirk will average 20 until he retires, he is a shooter not a player that needs his athletic ability

He is declining, lowest shooting % in last 6 years. even looking at his splits...

JerseyPalahniuk
06-30-2012, 08:08 PM

I'm not sure how the "lock out season" doesn't apply to Deron hahaha but Deron averaged 21 and 8 assists on a team whose primary scorer (Brook Lopez) played only 5 games (2 of the 3 games he played over 30 minutes he scored 28 against Boston and 38 against Dallas). After that injury Deron was double teamed for a significant portion of the season but still was able to score just as many points as a player whose MAIN skill set is in scoring.. not bad at all

llemon
06-30-2012, 08:11 PM
I'm not sure how the "lock out season" doesn't apply to Deron hahaha but Deron averaged 21 and 8 assists on a team whose primary scorer (Brook Lopez) played only 5 games (2 of the 3 games he played over 30 minutes he scored 28 against Boston and 38 against Dallas). After that injury Deron was double teamed for a significant portion of the season but still was able to score just as many points as a player whose MAIN skill set is in scoring.. not bad at all

Deron was playing pro basketball during the lockout

JerseyPalahniuk
06-30-2012, 08:12 PM
Deron was playing pro basketball during the lockout

Yes I know that. Thank you.

LTBaByyy
06-30-2012, 08:12 PM
He is declining, lowest shooting % in last 6 years. even looking at his splits...

Hahaha that's funny because Deron Williams has had the worst shooting both years with the Nets than any of his seasons with Jazz

Is he on the decline too? You make no sense

justinnum1
06-30-2012, 08:13 PM
Hahaha that's funny because Deron Williams has had the worst shooting both years with the Nets than his whole career!

Is he on the decline too? You make no sense

what does this have to do with dwill?

but i'll bite. Is deron williams playing on a playoff team? Is dwill 35 and entering his 15th season? Exactly.

raiderposting
06-30-2012, 08:15 PM
dwill/dirk/dwight will beat the thunder

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-30-2012, 08:16 PM
Half the Raptors team was hurt including their best player, they managed to finish with one more win than the Nets. I also don't believe you would be better than Philly if Lopez played.

The Nets were the most injured team in the NBA, for the last month or more we ran with a D sqaud team, no Wallace or DWill. And you clearly are under rating Brook.

effen5
06-30-2012, 08:16 PM

Actually you're 100 percent right. Dirk doesn't need athletic ability, he can just flat out shoot and he'll be avging a decent number until he retires.

But players like Wade who doesn't have a consistent jump shot....their careers are going to end shorter than Dirks....I mean look at Wade in the playoffs...hes starting to decline.

waveycrockett
06-30-2012, 08:19 PM

You continue to show u have no idea what ur talking about. Now DANCE !*****!

Losoway
06-30-2012, 08:19 PM
my gut is saying they coming to brooklyn

justinnum1
06-30-2012, 08:20 PM
im'a do the LT

:dance:

2012 NBA champs

Six-8-TheWizard
06-30-2012, 08:26 PM
Ric Bucher: You have seen the last of Kobe Bryant in a Lakers uniform.

- Circa 2007

:laugh2:

EasternStar
06-30-2012, 08:35 PM
Its Brooklyn or bust for Dwight and D-Will. (3)

llemon
06-30-2012, 08:40 PM

Define 'injury prone player', then give us a comprehensive list of those players.

I really don't expect you to do that, because that list would disprove your theory.

Young2Kinsler
06-30-2012, 09:07 PM
what does this have to do with dwill?

but i'll bite. Is deron williams playing on a playoff team? Is dwill 35 and entering his 15th season? Exactly.

How many of those 15 has Dallas been in the playoffs? Team Winning %? Times the franchise was below .500? Now go count NJ.

Right.

Mr.B
06-30-2012, 09:18 PM
Actually you're 100 percent right. Dirk doesn't need athletic ability, he can just flat out shoot and he'll be avging a decent number until he retires.

But players like Wade who doesn't have a consistent jump shot....their careers are going to end shorter than Dirks....I mean look at Wade in the playoffs...hes starting to decline.

Exactly! Dirk's game is not played above the rim. His game has always been based on technique and his ability to shoot the ball which he will have until the day he retires. Two perfect examples of each type of player are Vince Carter and Ray Allen. Once Carter's athletic ability left him he hasn't nearly the same player he was whereas Ray Allen can still shoot lightsout. Now like Ray Allen, Dirk's game will start to slip at some point but he has at least 3 more years at his current level. Within the next 3 years (like 2014) the Mavs have as much shot at landing another "big fish" as the Nets do at landing Dwight Howard next year.

waveycrockett
06-30-2012, 09:19 PM
Exactly! Dirk's game is not played above the rim. His game has always been based on technique and his ability to shoot the ball which he will have until the day he retires. Two perfect examples of each type of player are Vince Carter and Ray Allen. Once Carter's athletic ability left him he hasn't nearly the same player he was whereas Ray Allen can still shoot lightsout. Now like Ray Allen, Dirk's game will start to slip at some point but he has at least 3 more years at his current level. Within the next 3 years (like 2014) the Mavs have as much shot at landing another "big fish" as the Nets do at landing Dwight Howard next year.

Dirk himself said he told Dwill he has 2 years left in the tank gtfo

Mr.B
06-30-2012, 09:20 PM
Define 'injury prone player', then give us a comprehensive list of those players.

I really don't expect you to do that, because that list would disprove your theory.

Prone to injury, the only person on that list that matters is Brook Lopez.

Mr.B
06-30-2012, 09:21 PM
Dirk himself said he told Dwill he has 2 years left in the tank gtfo

Since everyone on these boards is obsessed with links I would like to see one where Dirk said that.

THE MTL
06-30-2012, 09:21 PM
Deron Williams and Dirk dont even compliment each other. Dirk doesnt need a PG like that. He creates for himself and is more of a ball stopper. He isnt athletic or anything like that. And he is old.

Dirk and Deron have no future. I would give them a max of 2 years and that involves competing with such teams on the rise like OKC, Memphis, and Clippers.

Mavericks should have kept that championship team together and they could have ran it back but instead they'll get shut out in free agency!

justinnum1
06-30-2012, 09:26 PM
How many of those 15 has Dallas been in the playoffs? Team Winning %? Times the franchise was below .500? Now go count NJ.

Right.

lets disregard who they have been playing with. anyways

Brooklyn and Atlanta are engaged in talks on a possible Joe Johnson trade, sources tell Y! Nets plan would be to pair with Deron Williams.

so...

Chill_Will_24
06-30-2012, 09:29 PM
Well this confirms it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sruQJ12PsI

Deron is staying!

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-30-2012, 09:29 PM

Right.

Been to the playoffs 16 times compared to the Mavs 18. Mavs all time win percentage is 49% compared to the Nets 44% all time. And under 500 the Mavs had 14 seasons compared the the Nets 23 (Nets did have 4 more seasons in the NBA).

While the Mavs are better in each category its not THAT far off.

And what does this have to do with Dirk? Dirk is a great player, but clearly is declining.

Chill_Will_24
06-30-2012, 09:31 PM

so...

omg please be joking.... the Nets trade their pick that could have gotten them Drummond, Barnes etc. and now wanna trade for the worst contract in the NBA?

justinnum1
06-30-2012, 09:34 PM
omg please be joking.... the Nets trade their pick that could have gotten them Drummond, Barnes etc. and now wanna trade for the worst contract in the NBA?

wtf are you talking about? i am saying dwill has had trash around him ever since he has been in brooklyn. Are you disagreeing with that? lol

Glen20
06-30-2012, 09:41 PM
this is cute.

Chill_Will_24
06-30-2012, 09:41 PM
wtf are you talking about? i am saying dwill has had trash around him ever since he has been in brooklyn. Are you disagreeing with that? lol

I was referring to the quote about them trading for JJ

Mr.B
06-30-2012, 09:42 PM

so...

You guys do realize that by adding Joe Johnson's mega contract and maxing out DWill there will be no way they could trade for Howard right?

justinnum1
06-30-2012, 09:44 PM
I was referring to the quote about them trading for JJ
oh, yea thats pretty dumb, but if it means they can keep dwill they will probably do it, or they can be trying to put pressure on orlando to trade dwight.

You guys do realize that by adding Joe Johnson's mega contract and maxing out DWill there will be no way they could trade for Howard right?

yea

Chill_Will_24
06-30-2012, 09:45 PM
oh, yea thats pretty dumb, but if it means they can keep dwill they will probably do it, or they can be trying to put pressure on orlando to trade dwight.

yea

i dont see how that affects ORL in any way but ok

Mr.B
06-30-2012, 09:48 PM

Doesn't affect Orlando at all. They will still trade Howard it just won't be to the Nets. Howard will like be headed to LA.

justinnum1
06-30-2012, 09:49 PM

if NJ is the only team dwight will sign an extension with...

GayForDirk
06-30-2012, 10:25 PM
I hope they both come to Dallas.

justinnum1
06-30-2012, 10:27 PM
broussard
I just spoke with @DeronWilliams by telephone. He denied reports that he and Jason Kidd have decided to play for the same team.

marj987
06-30-2012, 11:04 PM
broussard

Omg, who cares? Their probably trolling again, damn I'm ready for this **** to be over with. It's making my head hurt.

justinnum1
06-30-2012, 11:10 PM
Omg, who cares? Their probably trolling again, damn I'm ready for this **** to be over with. It's making my head hurt.

you do.

if you dont than just skip over it. it will all be over soon.

Glen20
06-30-2012, 11:20 PM

it's just beginning
enjoy the ride