PDA

View Full Version : Report: T'Wolves offering Derrick Williams for Pau Gasol

Fresno
06-29-2012, 01:49 PM
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) – The Minnesota Timberwolves are trying hard to land Spanish forward Pau Gasol.

If they have to part with the highest draft choice in franchise history after just one season, the Wolves appear ready to do it.

That much became clear leading up to the NBA draft on Thursday, when Minnesota offered Derrick Williams in hopes of landing the second pick from the Charlotte Bobcats to help get Gasol from the Los Angeles Lakers, two people with knowledge of the discussions told The Associated Press.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/story/2012-06-29/Pau-Gasol-Timberwolves-trade-lakers/55917028/1

Here we go.

Chronz
06-29-2012, 01:55 PM
I want this to happen out of sheer curiosity. D-Will next to Bynum/Dwight seems like a good pairing and the best way to find out what Williams has in him and if it fails then its awesome for Clipper fans.

On Minny's end, they would have the best frontcourt in the game with this move. I would love to see what the rotation would look like.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-29-2012, 01:55 PM
Mitch's reaction: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_ikRXBkkQc&feature=related

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-29-2012, 01:56 PM
Yeah, that's just not enough. No thanks Minnesota. They were trying to get MKG from Charlotte for Derrick Williams so they could trade him to us for Pau, but didn't happen.

Moving on...

rumor with no legs.

NOTHING IS EVER IMMINENT.

GSWFanInLA
06-29-2012, 01:58 PM
And a little advice Fresno:

You don't have to make a thread on every single rumor out there. Use your discretion and judgement. At the end, that's all these things are....

rumors with no legs.

But it's the offseason.. what the hell do you expect

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-29-2012, 01:59 PM
But it's the offseason.. what the hell do you expect

My whole point...

Nothing is imminent....especially with the Los Angeles Lakers FO.

LAKobeBryant
06-29-2012, 01:59 PM
not enough maybe beasly and derrick williams

310Casper
06-29-2012, 02:00 PM
Give us Love.

All you need is lovvvvve -Beatles

thechom80
06-29-2012, 02:01 PM
You want Love, give us Kobe....and Gasol.....and Bynum...lol

NYG 2000
06-29-2012, 02:02 PM
Lol, i they need a lot more than that if they hope to actually get him

Hawkeye15
06-29-2012, 02:04 PM
Williams would not be the only thing going out for Minnesota. SnT with Beasley, a future pick, and a filler like Ridnour for instance would go as well.

Trueblue2
06-29-2012, 02:06 PM
I want this to happen out of sheer curiosity. D-Will next to Bynum/Dwight seems like a good pairing and the best way to find out what Williams has in him and if it fails then its awesome for Clipper fans.

On Minny's end, they would have the best frontcourt in the game with this move. I would love to see what the rotation would look like.

I'd imagine it would start out with Love/Pau then go to Pau/Pek then to Love/Pek then Love/Pau to finish it out.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
not enough maybe beasly and derrick williams

beasley is trash

KB-Pau-DH2012
Williams would not be the only thing going out for Minnesota. SnT with Beasley, a future pick, and a filler like Ridnour for instance would go as well.

We don't want Ridnour. We already have Blake. And Beasley can be had without Gasol. Minnesota is set to acquire Jordan Hill for Beasley.

bigsams50
Gasol, Love, Pekovic? Thats a damn good rotation for Minny

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-29-2012, 02:07 PM
Gasol, Love, Pekovic? Thats a damn good rotation for Minny

No, if anything, they would lose Pekovic in the deal.

Eg714
06-29-2012, 02:08 PM

Maybe something like that could work but I would like to see the lakers try to get more of an impact player.

Hawkeye15
I'd imagine it would start out with Love/Pau then go to Pau/Pek then to Love/Pek then Love/Pau to finish it out.

basically. 96 minutes at PF/C over the course of the game. Pekovic is a C, period, but Gasol and Love can play either. It would give Minnesota the most dominant frontcourt in the NBA up front, they would simply need shooters, and for Rubio to bounce back quickly. I am afraid that won't happen unfortunately. Usually recovering from that injury wastes a good portion of a year even when you do start playing.

KobeOwnSU
Give us Williams, Beasley, Johnson, and a 1st for pau

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-29-2012, 02:09 PM
Give us Williams, Beasley, Johnson, and a 1st for pau

Again, Beasley can be had without giving up Pau. All they want for Beasley is Jordan Hill.

Plus, I don't want to trade Pau to a West Rival. Send him to a team in the East.

Hawkeye15
Maybe something like that could work but I would like to see the lakers try to get more of an impact player.

well, if they stand pat, they are again screwed next year, salary cap wise, with Gasol's value even lower. I assume it drops even more because Brown absolutely doesn't use Gasol properly, so he will have 2 straight years of regressing production. Futhermore, the big tax hits are coming, and the Lakers are the first ones in that line to get run over.

THE MTL
They got to do better than that. Derrick williams has shown some risky bust potential.

Hawkeye15
06-29-2012, 02:10 PM

Why would you want Pekovic? He can't do anything more than 4 feet from the rim, same as Bynum, and is up for a new contract after this year. You will end up taking on more salary by including him.

KobeOwnSU
06-29-2012, 02:11 PM
Again, Beasley can be had without giving up Pau. All they want for Beasley is Jordan Hill.[/QUOTE]

yes but then we can keep hill as well. Have a bench that would include hill, Beasley and Johnson

Gritz
06-29-2012, 02:12 PM
This is bs, like every other rumor

WolvesJagsOs
06-29-2012, 02:13 PM

Haha, i'm going to call a big BS on that. Pekovic is going no where.

tippa irie
06-29-2012, 02:20 PM
all these rumors keep popping up to keep these message boards alive. the Lakers have by far the most traffic and to keep the posters logging on they have to keep fresh bait. Im not buying it see you in october!!

shep33
06-29-2012, 02:27 PM
I'd consider an offer from Minny. I'm guessing LA would want them to take back a bad contract as well though. Maybe Steve Blake.

Gasol + Blake for Williams, Beas (S&t), Ridnour/Johnson (one of them), and a future pick?

Twins Fanatic
06-29-2012, 02:30 PM
Gasol is old,he'll be 32 going into next season, we don't want him in Minny.

Fresno
06-29-2012, 02:33 PM
Yeah, that's just not enough. No thanks Minnesota. They were trying to get MKG from Charlotte for Derrick Williams so they could trade him to us for Pau, but didn't happen.

Moving on...

rumor with no legs.

Of course, I understand that they are all rumors but you never know whether its just a pointless "rumor" or if there is something legit leading up to it. Some things come from left field and other things are rumored.

Thats why I always list it as a "Report:".

Yesterday I posted the article on the Clippers/Jazz/Mavs trade being rumored and now its reportedly close or already been completed in principle.

Chacarron
06-29-2012, 02:34 PM
Why would you want Pekovic? He can't do anything more than 4 feet from the rim, same as Bynum, and is up for a new contract after this year. You will end up taking on more salary by including him.

Bynum can shoot 3s! :p

Hawkeye15
06-29-2012, 02:36 PM
Gasol is old,he'll be 32 going into next season, we don't want him in Minny.

With 2 years left on his deal. He doesn't rely on athleticism for his game, he has been, and will continue to age well. A Love/Gasol/Pekovic frontcourt with Rubio, Barea, Budinger, and Jamal Crawford for instance, wins 50 games or even more possibly. We would simply overwhelm the majority of teams up front.

jtrinaldi
06-29-2012, 02:40 PM
I think Ersan for Williams would be a great trade for both teams. Bucks get good player, T-Wolves get a big guy who can launch 3's. This would be ideal for both sides

UPRock
06-29-2012, 02:49 PM
The Lakers want to rape Minny, and they're forgetting that Gasol is already 32 years old and in decline.

Trueblue2
06-29-2012, 03:05 PM
Would adding Barrea to the deal be out of the question?

reemy
06-29-2012, 03:11 PM
Would adding Balkis® to the deal be out of the question?

No, not at all.

fadedmario
06-29-2012, 03:13 PM

Moving on...

rumor with no legs.

lol - Pau is so over-valued by some Lakers fans on here.

broncosfan4eva
06-29-2012, 03:26 PM
Again, Beasley can be had without giving up Pau. All they want for Beasley is Jordan Hill.

Plus, I don't want to trade Pau to a West Rival. Send him to a team in the East.
?
Why Not take on Beasley in a trade for gasol if u can keep hill you make no sense bro

Hellcrooner
06-29-2012, 03:29 PM
lol - Pau is so over-valued by some Lakers fans on here.

its funnier to see how 1 third of the teams in the league have made offers for him, i mean they have pro gms and pro scouts and pro everything.

Yet the amateur fans say the Old/declining/soft ****.

dsonLAL24
06-29-2012, 03:34 PM
Mitch's reaction: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_ikRXBkkQc&feature=related

:laugh::laugh2:

AI4MVP
06-29-2012, 03:42 PM
Would adding Barrea to the deal be out of the question?

No. PLEASE take him. PLEASE

Hype
06-29-2012, 03:42 PM
Not a good trade for Minny, keep Williams. Gasol is poop.

Lakerfan32
06-29-2012, 04:45 PM
lakers get-derrick williams, michael beasly, kyle lowry, picks / lakers lose-pau and young potential(ebanks, glock, hill)

minn gets-scola, martin, one of Houston's yesterday picks / minn lose-williams, beasley

houston get-pau / houston lose-scola, lowry, martin, pick

Pau on Minnesota just makes them too tough to do for a team in your conference. Makes perfect sense for Minn to get pau though

Blitzbolt
06-29-2012, 04:46 PM
Sadly I don't who Derrick Willians is.

Wolves really need some TV games.

fresh prince
06-29-2012, 05:09 PM

That Hill for Beasley deal is still just a rumor. We should keep Hill if we can he is a solid big.

If Minny wants to throw in Beasley along with Williams for PAU to sweeten the pot then we SHOULD absolutely let them do it. Keep Hill find a PG and get to work.

thekmp211
06-29-2012, 05:20 PM

sounds very fair for a 32 year old all star. 2 young guys, a pick and a solid point guard who will compliment sessions well.

Hawkeye15
06-29-2012, 05:23 PM
sounds very fair for a 32 year old all star. 2 young guys, a pick and a solid point guard who will compliment sessions well.

I think it's fair honestly. The Wolves would have to sign a Jamal Crawford type still at the mid-level, but they have set themselves up to absorb Gasol's deal without hitting the luxury tax, and the Lakers would get Williams cheap, Beasley at a reasonable deal, a future 1st, and a nice backup for Sessions. Furthermore, everything they get in the deal could easily be flipped at a later point, ie, the Lakers have some flexibility financially compared to now.

RaiderLakersA's
06-29-2012, 05:28 PM
Call me when Brown has been let go. Until then, it doesn't matter what the Lakers do. It won't be a marked improvement.

NBAfan4life
06-29-2012, 05:31 PM
I would love it for the Lakers. We would get younger. For the hometown Wolves I don't know if I like it. I still think Williams will be a good player in this league.

Hawkeye15
06-29-2012, 05:32 PM
Call me when Brown has been let go. Until then, it doesn't matter what the Lakers do. It won't be a marked improvement.

Dude, I couldn't agree more. Obviously as someone who doesn't like the Lakers, I hope you keep Brown, but Gasol's regression last year has a ton more to due with ol' Mike Brown then it does with declining.

KobeOwnSU
06-29-2012, 05:34 PM
I'm almost to the point i don't care what Gasol gets traded for, just do it already. i'm tired of waiting and getting all these different rumors. Just trade him already!!!

KobeOwnSU
06-29-2012, 05:35 PM
Dude, I couldn't agree more. Obviously as someone who doesn't like the Lakers, I hope you keep Brown, but Gasol's regression last year has a ton more to due with ol' Mike Brown then it does with declining.

Yes, I agree completely with you. I think if Gasol remains with the Lakers it would be a good move to put him on the bench and allow him more time to work freely in the post because he would be on the court, more often then not, when Bynum isn't. What do you think?

Hawkeye15
06-29-2012, 05:39 PM
Yes, I agree completely with you. I think if Gasol remains with the Lakers it would be a good move to put him on the bench and allow him more time to work freely in the post because he would be on the court, more often then not, when Bynum isn't. What do you think?

or you could force Brown to go watch a 6th grade practice for tips on how to run an offense...

LakersMaster24
06-29-2012, 05:40 PM
dude, i couldn't agree more. Obviously as someone who doesn't like the lakers, i hope you keep brown, but gasol's regression last year has a ton more to due with ol' mike brown then it does with declining.

+1

LakersMaster24
06-29-2012, 05:42 PM
Good news is that Jim Buss said they are going to change up the offense and have Pau play closer to the basket, and that is wonderful wonderful news. Pau is not declining, Pau never needed athleticism to play, and the thing you lose when you decline is athleticism and explosiveness. You dont lose your soft touch in the post, shooting touch etc, and those are Pau's main skills.

97NYer
06-29-2012, 05:43 PM
Would take Pek, D Will and SnT of Beasley for Pau and maybe a 1st and cash

Mr_Jones
06-29-2012, 05:44 PM
These Laker rumors are SOOOOO boring

Nothing ever happens

AI4MVP
06-29-2012, 05:51 PM
I want this to happen so badly. But there have been so many Pau rumors that ended up not happening. Why should I believe otherwise with this one? One can only hope

5ass
06-29-2012, 06:08 PM
3 way trade
Minny gets Gasol+mcroberts, sends out Williams, Barea, Johnson, a future 1st, and Beasley.
Lakers get Howard, Wes Johnson, Barea, Beasley.
Orl. get Bynum, minny's future 1st, lakers future 1st, and Williams.

sounds good for every1.
Lakers get a good fit at PF in beasley. Johnson and Kobe are supposedly close, and Johnson has trained with Kobe before, so who better to groom him into a good player? The guy still has potential. Barea would be their starting PG and Howard at C obviously.

DieHardCubFan
06-29-2012, 06:24 PM
My reaction on this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

Chronz
06-29-2012, 06:27 PM
Yea on 2nd thought, I cant see the Lakers not insisting on Pek being a part of the trade.

John Walls Era
06-29-2012, 06:29 PM
I wonder how the Lakers responded to the T'Wolves offer.

shep33
06-29-2012, 06:31 PM
3 way trade
Minny gets Gasol+mcroberts, sends out Williams, Barea, Johnson, a future 1st, and Beasley.

sounds good for every1.
Lakers get a good fit at PF in beasley. Johnson and Kobe are supposedly close, and Johnson has trained with Kobe before, so who better to groom him into a good player? The guy still has potential. Barea would be their starting PG and Howard at C obviously.

Don't see why LA would do that. Bease isn't really a PF, Wes Johnson is not very good at basketball, I'm not convinced on Barea being a full-time starter, and Howard's back is a concern along with his unwillingness to re-sign.

I'd rather just keep Bynum and trade Pau for a decent package.

John Walls Era
06-29-2012, 06:32 PM
That much became clear leading up to the NBA draft on Thursday, when Minnesota offered Derrick Williams in hopes of landing the second pick from the Charlotte Bobcats to help get Gasol from the Los Angeles Lakers, two people with knowledge of the discussions told The Associated Press.

Did they really think the Bobcats were going to accept that? Wonder what they wanna offer now.

John Walls Era
06-29-2012, 06:33 PM
Don't see why LA would do that. Bease isn't really a PF, Wes Johnson is not very good at basketball, I'm not convinced on Barea being a full-time starter, and Howard's back is a concern along with his unwillingness to re-sign.

Bez, Wes Johnson and Williams are not Laker type starters. No one wants to pay money to watch any 1 of those 3 start on the Lakers. And if they're not starting, no point trading gasol.

shep33
06-29-2012, 06:43 PM
Bez, Wes Johnson and Williams are not Laker type starters. No one wants to pay money to watch any 1 of those 3 start on the Lakers. And if they're not starting, no point trading gasol.

I'd give Williams a shot at starting, if it doesn't work, just stick Jordan Hill in there. LA's greatest weakness last year was its lack of athleticism, shooting, and bench play. Worst bench in the NBA statistically. Even if you continue to start Ron, and let Bease and Wes/Ridnour (I actually prefer Ridnour in this deal) come off the bench, that would be a massive upgrade from Matt Barnes and Devin Ebanks (still way too raw).

Ridnour > Blake
Bease > Barnes

Those two guys also become the two best shooters on the Lakers right away. I dunno, I'd do this deal if Minny threw in a future pick or two.

5ass
06-29-2012, 06:44 PM

ofcourse both bynum and howard would have to agree to sign extensions first. I know wesley johnson sucks, but he still has the potential to be a good player. he wont be a starter, just a 20 mpg player.
Beasley he is a good fit at PF next to Howard, and anyway the Magic can add big baby to the trade if need be. Honestly i dont like Barea either, maybe Ridnour would be better?

The bolded part is ironic.

Kevj77
06-29-2012, 06:57 PM
Whatever LA does I hope it involves cheap contracts or contracts with no more than two years remaining and draft picks. What the Lakers really need to do is a Howard for Bynum swap. Then in two years the Lakers have major cap space with Kobe, Pau, MWP and Blake all expiring.

That would give them Howard and major cap space to sign a max contract player or two in 2014. That's how you reload without tanking for lottery picks. If they trade Pau LA has to make sure to keep their cap space low enough to go after max contract players in 2014. That is one reason I don't want to do a S&T involving Beasley.

I know the Lakers aren't title contenders right now, but they can stay competitive and keep a longterm rebuilding plan in place.

Hawkeye15
06-29-2012, 09:09 PM
Yea on 2nd thought, I cant see the Lakers not insisting on Pek being a part of the trade.

How does he possibly mesh with Bynum, when both are hovering within 5 feet of the rim at all times? Furthermore, the Lakers then need to give him a new deal if they plan on keeping him around, not something the Lakers seem interested in doing. I mean, they literally dumped Odom for no reason other then to start shedding salary. Why would a team so far over the cap take on a player that needs to be immediately re-signed at possibly double his salary?

Losoway
06-29-2012, 09:15 PM
lmao i mean this is a pretty good offer...the lakers be tryna trade first class scrubs for top players

taste of your own medicine

SeoulBeatz
06-29-2012, 09:19 PM
Iggy and Thad for D Will and filler.

Chronz
06-29-2012, 09:32 PM
How does he possibly mesh with Bynum, when both are hovering within 5 feet of the rim at all times?
Who says hes playing with Bynum?

Furthermore, the Lakers then need to give him a new deal if they plan on keeping him around, not something the Lakers seem interested in doing.
They wouldnt plan on keeping him.

I mean, they literally dumped Odom for no reason other then to start shedding salary.
You mean Odom didnt demand to be traded?

Why would a team so far over the cap take on a player that needs to be immediately re-signed at possibly double his salary?
Because its always better to collect assets?

Hawkeye15
06-29-2012, 09:36 PM
Who says hes playing with Bynum?

Then who is he playing with? The Lakers are going with a frontcourt of Williams/Pekovic, or Kobe throws a childish fit that makes his previous ones look weak sauce.

They wouldnt plan on keeping him.

Then why ask for him? To deplete the team they are sending Pau too I suppose?

You mean Odom didnt demand to be traded?

Lot's of players demand to be traded. They sent him away for literally nothing. Salary relief, nothing more. Otherwise why would they send him to the team that just kicked them in the teeth and won the title?

Because its always better to collect assets?

Fair enough. And unfortunately, I think Kahn may bite on it, presenting us the same problem we had last year to an extent, which is **** for backup bigs.

shep33
06-29-2012, 09:37 PM
ofcourse both bynum and howard would have to agree to sign extensions first. I know wesley johnson sucks, but he still has the potential to be a good player. he wont be a starter, just a 20 mpg player.
Beasley he is a good fit at PF next to Howard, and anyway the Magic can add big baby to the trade if need be. Honestly i dont like Barea either, maybe Ridnour would be better?

The bolded part is ironic.

Haha totally ironic. I'm not saying Howard is injury prone, but if we're going to get a rental I'd like him to be healthy at least.

I dunno, I honestly think the only way we get Howard will be for Bynum, and future picks. I really don't see Jim or Mitch giving up Pau as well, who is drawing a lot of interest from around the NBA.

Bynum already said he'd like to stay in LA long term, and with Kobe's reign in LA coming to a close, I think the Laker FO might buy into Bynum as the next face of the franchise, or the piece to handle the middle for years to come.

I just highly doubt this will ever get done unless it's basically a 1-for-1 swap. Howard is better than Bynum no doubt, but I think the Lakers are worried about getting burnt in the summer of 2013. I don't blame them either.

Teeboy1487
06-29-2012, 09:47 PM
I know this is unpopular, but I would be happy with Beasley, Derrick Williams, and filler (maybe Wesley Johnson). The Lakers need to get younger and add more depth. Minnesota wants to contend. Honestly, the Lakers are not contending with Bynum, Gasol, and Kobe. Those days are over.

I would love to see the Lakers get younger and start to rebuild the right way. Gasol as a 19-20 million dollar third option is way too much especially with the new cap kicking in next year.

I have always liked Williams. I loved the way he played when Love was out. I think he can be a nice complement to Bynum in the front court.

Cano-Montero...
06-29-2012, 09:53 PM
3 way trade

sounds good for every1.

really? would rather just trade pau to minny than this 3 way crap...

iamsteel
06-29-2012, 09:57 PM
Pau/McRoberts for Williams/Beasley/Webster would probably get it done.

1. It is known LA wants Gasol gone.
2. Gasol will be 32 next week with a huge contract.
3. It is known LA wants Beasley.
4. LA an cut Webster for a small price to shed some salary, or keep him
5. LA needs some youth badly
6. Williams has tons of potential with flashes of it shown last year.
7. Williams is from Bellflower, CA

Cano-Montero...
06-29-2012, 10:02 PM
How does he possibly mesh with Bynum, when both are hovering within 5 feet of the rim at all times? Furthermore, the Lakers then need to give him a new deal if they plan on keeping him around, not something the Lakers seem interested in doing. I mean, they literally dumped Odom for no reason other then to start shedding salary. Why would a team so far over the cap take on a player that needs to be immediately re-signed at possibly double his salary?

I think lakers would want him coz he will have 1 year left on that contract.. if we indeed trade pau to minny I expect them to include blake in the deal to be included..

My dream scenario would be something like this Pau and Blake for Williams, Pek, Webster or johnson, Beasley with a qualifying offer and future 1st..

we will only have pek for 1 year and beasley for 1 year.. at the same time we should not exercise johnson's team option next year and also williams if he continues to suck.. amnesty metta ...

with this deal we will only have kobe under contract after next year unless we resign sessions...

btw did minny extend a qualifying offer to beas? what about the team option on webster?

iamsteel
06-29-2012, 10:16 PM
And why is Gasol for Williams straight up not equal value? I would bet anyone they have the exact same stats next year.

Hawkeye15
06-29-2012, 10:17 PM
And why is Gasol for Williams straight up not equal value? I would bet anyone they have the exact same stats next year.

the CBA agreement says no to your proposal. The intelligent fan also says no to your second statement, unless Williams is playing for a doormat team. He isn't ready to be a 17-8 guy yet on a good team.

shep33
06-29-2012, 10:25 PM

Gasol as a 3rd option put up 17 and 10 when not utilized properly in Mike Brown's hideous offense.

He essentially became a jumpshooter with Bynum on the block

iamsteel
06-29-2012, 10:34 PM
Obviously they can't evenly swap them because of the contracts. But, if my statement comes even close to true, it would be even value because of the ages and contract sizes. Gasol is 11 years older and making four times what Williams makes. Williams also only played 21 minutes/game while Gasol played 37 minutes/game. Here are the stats per 37 minutes:

Gasol 17.4 pts 10.4 rbs
Williams 15.5 pts 8.3 rbs

With a year under his belt, and a bit of weight loss, Williams should be near Gasol's numbers next year.

Wolfman01
06-29-2012, 11:09 PM
Jordan Hill is a unrestricted free agent so the T-Wolves doesn't have to give up anything for Jordan Hill. Besides the Lakers are not likely to bring him back. T-Wolves can easily get Jordan Hill from the free agency. Derrick Williams, J.J. Barea, Wesley Johnson, and Darko Milicic for Pau Gasol. Lakers want young talented players and since Ramon Sessions option out of his contract to test free agency J.J. Barea should fill in the point guard position. Lakers may even bring back Ramon Sessions and have J.J. Barea be the 6th man.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/FreeAgents-12-13/nba-free-agents-2012-2013

Hellcrooner
06-29-2012, 11:15 PM
Obviously they can't evenly swap them because of the contracts. But, if my statement comes even close to true, it would be even value because of the ages and contract sizes. Gasol is 11 years older and making four times what Williams makes. Williams also only played 21 minutes/game while Gasol played 37 minutes/game. Here are the stats per 37 minutes:

Gasol 17.4 pts 10.4 rbs
Williams 15.5 pts 8.3 rbs

With a year under his belt, and a bit of weight loss, Williams should be near Gasol's numbers next year.

while gasol USED PROPERLY getting Touches IN THE POST should be back to nearing 20 and 10 in minnie.
Btw good luck to william trying to score more than 12 a game trapped between the Owners Son Pet and the Psycho shooter.

Cano-Montero...
06-29-2012, 11:31 PM
Jordan Hill is a unrestricted free agent so the T-Wolves doesn't have to give up anything for Jordan Hill. Besides the Lakers are not likely to bring him back. T-Wolves can easily get Jordan Hill from the free agency. Derrick Williams, J.J. Barea, Wesley Johnson, and Darko Milicic for Pau Gasol. Lakers want young talented players and since Ramon Sessions option out of his contract to test free agency J.J. Barea should fill in the point guard position. Lakers may even bring back Ramon Sessions and have J.J. Barea be the 6th man.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/FreeAgents-12-13/nba-free-agents-2012-2013

we dont have any interest on barea and his terrible contract...replace him with webster and a future 1st... I think LA would do it... or just take blake off our hands..

Gasol and blake for Williams, Webster, Wes and Darko... also rights to swap
1st round picks in 2013..

Chronz
06-30-2012, 12:20 AM
Then who is he playing with? The Lakers are going with a frontcourt of Williams/Pekovic, or Kobe throws a childish fit that makes his previous ones look weak sauce.
Backing up Bynum.

Then why ask for him? To deplete the team they are sending Pau too I suppose?
Because he can still help the team THIS YEAR and can be used as an asset going forward. There is simply no reason not to. I really dont see the upside to not bringing in a bigman this productive, look at it from both sides.

Lot's of players demand to be traded. They sent him away for literally nothing. Salary relief, nothing more. Otherwise why would they send him to the team that just kicked them in the teeth and won the title?
Players that demand to be traded usually get traded. They sent him away for a trade exception that they were trying to fill with Mo Williams. I sincerely hope your not trying to paint the picture that the Lakers are cheap. LOL