PDA

View Full Version : Hornets got a nice package for cp3 in the very end!(gordon, rivers, ant, kaman)

daboywonder2002
06-29-2012, 01:20 PM
if i had told you you could trade cp3 and david west for anthony davis, eric gordon, chris kaman, aminu, rivers. id say thats a pretty good deal.

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-29-2012, 01:23 PM
Don't forget the legendary Aminu!

310Casper
06-29-2012, 01:25 PM
The Kevin Martin/Scola/Odom/Dragic package would've been better. More proven and contender worthy.

We still dont know what kind of player Anthony Davis will be. He could either be good or great...there a lot of "good" players in the league. Same with Rivers....

GSWFanInLA
06-29-2012, 01:31 PM
The Kevin Martin/Scola/Odom/Dragic package would've been better. More proven and contender worthy.

We still dont know what kind of player Anthony Davis will be. He could either be good or great...there a lot of "good" players in the league. Same with Rivers....

Contender worthy? I'm not defending the veto but Eric Gordon/Rivers/Davis has way more potential to contend and is more attractive for fans.

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-29-2012, 01:31 PM
They won't make the playoffs in the Wild Wild West for the next few yrs, so might as well stockpile on those lottery picks.

Ezio
06-29-2012, 01:32 PM
if i had told you you could trade cp3 and david west for anthony davis, eric gordon, chris kaman, aminu, rivers. id say thats a pretty good deal.

Wait.

daboywonder2002
06-29-2012, 01:34 PM

no because that would have still been a good team. typical 7th and 8th seed in playoffs. basically nba purgatory. YOU DONT WANT THAT.

5ass
06-29-2012, 01:35 PM

ya right, that team is nowhere near contenders. They could make the play offs as a 6th seed and a 1st round exit at most.

5ass
06-29-2012, 01:35 PM

david west? he wasnt in the trade.

dhopisthename
06-29-2012, 01:36 PM

lol that team would be in the worst possible position. no young guys to get better and good enough to make a run at playoffs or make it

daboywonder2002
06-29-2012, 01:36 PM
They won't make the playoffs in the Wild Wild West for the next few yrs, so might as well stockpile on those lottery picks.

if they resign gordon and kaman, why not? to me, they're only a point guard away.

daboywonder2002
06-29-2012, 01:37 PM
david west? he wasnt in the trade.

right, but if they kept david west. they would have had more wins. more wins equals lower lottery pick

310Casper
06-29-2012, 01:37 PM
people are assuming anthony davis is a lock to be the next tim duncan and rivers is a lock to be the next ray allen already. lol.... Thats their max ceiling, understand its just a possibility. One or both could end up being a bust, or just average "good" players in their careers.

It'll be an interesting year, thats for sure. The Warrriors could make some noise this year too.

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-29-2012, 01:38 PM
if they resign gordon and kaman, why not? to me, they're only a point guard away.

Kaman was just a salary dump. They're not interesting in bring him back.

Their core is way too young to do anything significant. Gordon can't even stay healthy and he's only been in the league 3 yrs or so.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-29-2012, 01:40 PM
lol that team would be in the worst possible position. no young guys to get better and good enough to make a run at playoffs or make it

yeah, worst possibe position for sure

:rolleyes:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-29-2012, 01:41 PM

kaman sucks

he was a filler for the trade

5ass
06-29-2012, 01:42 PM
only laker fans think the houston trade was better, seriously get over it guys.

5ass
06-29-2012, 01:43 PM
right, but if they kept david west. they would have had more wins. more wins equals lower lottery pick

but they didnt trade david west he left in FA.

aussie
06-29-2012, 01:45 PM
DWest was never part of the deal, and was a UFA he was leaving no matter what...

Chronz
06-29-2012, 01:47 PM
Its definitely a better package than the 3-way deal they were going to settle for. Better to continue sucking and trying to build through the draft than have a core that isnt winning anything and locked up for a few years.

MagicBucsSox
06-29-2012, 01:54 PM
Lmao look at that haul, yet pad says Noah deng Gibson for Dwight, Bynum and crap etc. Dwight Bette evening back a haul of historic proportion

Ladies Man
06-29-2012, 02:11 PM
I don't know how good Rivers and Davis are gonna be but the Hornets are definitely going to be a team I'm going to watch next season.

king4day
06-29-2012, 03:06 PM

They would have been a little more competitive but knowing how Odom's season ended, we can scratch him off the team. If he won't play for a title contender like Dallas, no way he would in new Orleans.

In the end, there's no way to look at it other than, the Hornets made out like bandits in this trade. Most, if not all, casual fans would take their chances with Rivers and Davis over Martin, Scola, and Dragic.

Since the NBA is trying to sell the team, it worked out in the end. Benson doesn't buy this team had the LAL deal went through.

JDM
06-29-2012, 03:12 PM
Well I guess they're happy that Stern rejected that trade......

Brink182
06-29-2012, 03:23 PM
I do not like Rivers at all on this team. Did they draft him to be a back SG to Gordon? I am very skeptical as to Rivers playing PG when he averaged more turnovers than assists in college. You don't want a ball hog PG when you just drafted a big man that needs to be fed down low.

Just my opinion.

Mr.SmackYoMama
06-29-2012, 03:28 PM
kaman was just a salary dump. they're not interesting in bring him back.

their core is way too young to do anything significant. Gordon can't even stay healthy and he's only been in the league 3 yrs or so.

what???

Mr.SmackYoMama
06-29-2012, 03:29 PM
Lmao look at that haul, yet pad says Noah deng Gibson for Dwight, Bynum and crap etc. Dwight Bette evening back a haul of historic proportion

What??

alexander_37
06-29-2012, 04:08 PM
Kevin Martin/Scola/Odom/Dragic

Plus a filler is pretty much an 8th seed starting lineup.

alexander_37
06-29-2012, 04:09 PM

English please?

Shlumpledink
06-29-2012, 04:31 PM
They got the draft rights for davis in a trade? If they took the lakers package they would have drafted someone else first?

AntiG
06-29-2012, 04:34 PM

LOL no. Mediocre starters, if even a playoff contender, they'd be a 7 or 8 seed, and have their terrible contracts on the book and unable to sign anyone else in free agency. That trade offer was awful.

LakersMaster24
06-29-2012, 04:37 PM
How is Davis part of CP3 deal? Wasnt the Hornets pick used to draft him...not the Minny one that they got (Rivers)

hugepatsfan
06-29-2012, 04:38 PM

It wouldn't have made them a contender for anything other than getting stomped in the 1st round every year or just missing the playoffs until those guys expired. And then they'd be in the same position they are now. Making the trade w/ LA would have set NO back 5 years from where they are now.

Vinny642
06-29-2012, 04:58 PM
The OPs thread is weirdly written, technically we got Davis on our own, but the OP meant like in the matter of like one offseason, we lose CP3 and West and gain Gordon, Davis, Rivers, Aminu, and Kaman

beasted86
06-29-2012, 05:03 PM
Anthony Davis was their own pick... what are you talking about?

Vinny642
06-29-2012, 05:03 PM

Please tell me this is a joke, please... because if it isn't, then it may be one of the most ignorant things i've read recently..... one lets right now cut Odom out of that.... if he didn't wanna play for Dallas, what in the hell makes you think he'd wanna play with us???

And if our team was-
Jack-K Mart-Ariza-Scola-Okafor(i guess)

then we'd be able to make the postseason but lose early, that isn't a contending team at all, that is a team that has no future and no contending capabilities....

At least we got Gordon, Aminu and a pick in the real trade..... set us up good.

Mckphins
06-29-2012, 06:15 PM

yes but if they had cp3 they wouldnt of got a pick that early... get it?

Raps18-19 Champ
06-29-2012, 06:16 PM

Because Scola, Dragic, Martin and Odom takes them anywhere.

Sportfan
06-29-2012, 06:23 PM
Is everyone forgetting the Rajon rondo Avery Bradley Jeff Green and then #21 (Jared Sullinger) package? Easily better than the clips deal

waveycrockett
06-29-2012, 06:32 PM
people are assuming anthony davis is a lock to be the next tim duncan and rivers is a lock to be the next ray allen already. lol.... Thats their max ceiling, understand its just a possibility. One or both could end up being a bust, or just average "good" players in their careers.

It'll be an interesting year, thats for sure. The Warrriors could make some noise this year too.

You have no idea what your talking about.

waveycrockett
06-29-2012, 06:33 PM
Is everyone forgetting the Rajon rondo Avery Bradley Jeff Green and then #21 (Jared Sullinger) package? Easily better than the clips deal

Jeff Green? Seriously? Why even bring him up? And they probably wouldn't have had #21 cause they would of finished with a better record with CP3. Davis>>>>>RONDO

waveycrockett
06-29-2012, 06:34 PM

Had they gotten Scola, Odom, Kevin Martin no shot they get him

Vinny642
06-29-2012, 06:35 PM
You have no idea what your talking about.

yea the dude said austin rivers is the next ray allen???? terrible comparison

b@llhog24
06-29-2012, 06:47 PM

Even if they are just "average" players the Hornets have a shitload of cap-space and a guy name Eric Gordon, who I heard was pretty good.

kaman sucks

he was a filler for the trade

Finally someone else notices this. :nod: People talk about this guy as if he's a top 10 center or something.

An Rondo led offense with Rondo, Bradley, Ariza (Green is out), Smith and Okafor? :puke:

Vinny642
06-29-2012, 06:49 PM
Even if they are just "average" players the Hornets have a shitload of cap-space and a guy name Eric Gordon, who I heard was pretty good.

Finally someone else notices this. :nod: People talk about this guy as if he's a top 10 center or something.

An Rondo led offense with Rondo, Bradley, Ariza (Green is out), Smith and Okafor? :puke:

God that sounds sooooo amazing!!

AntiG
06-29-2012, 07:00 PM

If they had gotten the Houston package, no chance they end up with one of the worst records in the NBA, but fringe lottery instead. Basically they'd be salary capstrung and below average for years.

Vinny642
06-29-2012, 07:04 PM
If they had gotten the Houston package, no chance they end up with one of the worst records in the NBA, but fringe lottery instead. Basically they'd be salary capstrung and below average for years.

that sounds way better than having gordon aminu rivers and davis

daboywonder2002
06-29-2012, 07:36 PM
The OPs thread is weirdly written, technically we got Davis on our own, but the OP meant like in the matter of like one offseason, we lose CP3 and West and gain Gordon, Davis, Rivers, Aminu, and Kaman

right, its not techinically a trade. but without losing cp3 to trade and west via free agency. you dont get those players.

Vinny642
06-29-2012, 07:38 PM
right, its not techinically a trade. but without losing cp3 to trade and west via free agency. you dont get those players.

Exactly, but i understand where people are confused.

Chronz
06-29-2012, 07:40 PM
that sounds way better than having gordon aminu rivers and davis

So you would rather know your in the middle than have a chance at building something?

da ThRONe
06-29-2012, 07:41 PM

I am far from sold on Davis or Rivers hell Gordon injury situation scares the **** out of me. Even with all that I much rather be where we are than where that Rockets/Lakers deal would have put us.

Vinny642
06-29-2012, 07:44 PM
So you would rather know your in the middle than have a chance at building something?

It was sarcasm man :facepalm:

nolafan33
06-29-2012, 07:58 PM
Aminu has reportedly been making huge strides over the offseason, he's been working with Coach Monty on a daily basis.

Vinny642
06-29-2012, 08:06 PM
Aminu has reportedly been making huge strides over the offseason, he's been working with Coach Monty on a daily basis.

He looked good over the last few games of last season, and im glad to hear he has been putting in the work in the offseason.