PDA

View Full Version : Lakers GM, Mitch Kupchak "looking to hit home run"

dnewguy
06-29-2012, 11:58 AM
We'll try to hit a home run. We always try to hit a home run.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-la-mitch-kupchak-well-try-to-hit-a-home-run-20120628,0,4444251.story

With the new collective bargaining agreement, the days of big market teams hitting home runs are just about over. What could Kupchak be alluding too? I can't see a trade that will put them over OKC unless they somehow get JJ Barea for Matt Barnes. But not to piss anyone off I still believe the Lakers are better off with Gasol/Bynum and a team player like Andre Iguodola plus they can sign Steve Nash ....well, that means they will have to amnesty Kobe....that's the only home run I see here.

Your thoughts?

ChongInc.
06-29-2012, 12:04 PM
Could, but won't.
Should, but shorn't.

Dade County
06-29-2012, 12:06 PM
Not happening.... the League already F'ed them over.

Cp3 should be a Laker right now...smh

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-29-2012, 12:09 PM
This is why the lakers are one of the greatest franchises. We only trade if we rape/hit a home run lol.

That separates us from the franchises like Knicks and some other who trade for the sake of trading.

GREATNESS ONE
06-29-2012, 12:18 PM
Meh. All talk for now until we see some results, it's just all a bunch of hot air.

thephoenixson28
06-29-2012, 12:20 PM
Is west still GM of the grizzlies.

Hawkeye15
The Lakers should be patient this summer. I know they want to move Gasol, but they really need to be patient, and try and get Sessions back on board next week.

MickeyMgl
http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-la-mitch-kupchak-well-try-to-hit-a-home-run-20120628,0,4444251.story

With the new collective bargaining agreement, the days of big market teams hitting home runs are just about over. What could Kupchak be alluding too? I can't see a trade that will put them over OKC unless they somehow get JJ Barea for Matt Barnes. But not to piss anyone off I still believe the Lakers are better off with Gasol/Bynum and a team player like Andre Iguodola plus they can sign Steve Nash ....well, that means they will have to amnesty Kobe....that's the only home run I see here.

Your thoughts?

My thoughts are that a Gasol trade is unlikely to produce a homerun. A double, at best. I hope he's talking about a Bynum blockbuster.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-29-2012, 12:21 PM
Meh. All talk for now until we see some results, it's just all a bunch of hot air.

well at least he's trying:shrug:

I dont mind if Mitch comes up with another highway robbery.

Da Knicks
06-29-2012, 12:23 PM
This is why the lakers are one of the greatest franchises. We only trade if we rape/hit a home run lol.

That separates us from the franchises like Knicks and some other who trade for the sake of trading.

SHUT U MOUTH!!!:mad:

BigCityofDreams
06-29-2012, 12:23 PM
The Lakers should be patient this summer. I know they want to move Gasol, but they really need to be patient, and try and get Sessions back on board next week.

Let's say they stand pat what type of moves could they realistically make at the end of next season?

shep33
06-29-2012, 12:24 PM
Doesn't mean much until it happens

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-29-2012, 12:24 PM

no

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-29-2012, 12:25 PM
SHUT U MOUTH!!!:mad:

Tell me any good trade that the knicks have done recent years

lakerboy
06-29-2012, 12:26 PM
I have the utmost confidence with Mitch Kupchak. I love how our FO is always very patient. We will get it done!

ThePooH_1_
06-29-2012, 12:32 PM
Deron Williams signs with LA, trade Bynum for Howard and Gasol for Smith, to me that sounds like a MONSTER homerun...

Dwill/Sessions
Kobe
?
JSmoove
Howard

BKLYNpigeon
06-29-2012, 12:34 PM
Lakers will be fine. they just have to Trade Gasol for some pieces. Nothing will put them over the top.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-29-2012, 12:37 PM
Deron Williams signs with LA, trade Bynum for Howard and Gasol for Smith, to me that sounds like a MONSTER homerun...

Dwill/Sessions
Kobe
?
JSmoove
Howard

vet min lol?

Lakers + Giants
06-29-2012, 12:37 PM

Have to agree here. The way we're reportedly shopping gasol makes us look ****in desperate. If that's the case another team is gonna end up hitting a HR on us. Watch us get raped in a deal because we're desperate. :sigh:

Hawkeye15
06-29-2012, 12:39 PM
Let's say they stand pat what type of moves could they realistically make at the end of next season?

I don't mean stand pat. Gasol's value will only go down with the way Brown doesn't use him correctly, and the Lakers are still in salary cap hell after next year if they stand pat. I mean be patient, and let the best offers come in.

Hawkeye15
06-29-2012, 12:41 PM
Have to agree here. The way we're reportedly shopping gasol makes us look ****in desperate. If that's the case another team is gonna end up hitting a HR on us. Watch us get raped in a deal because we're desperate. :sigh:

well, he does allude at the end of the article in the OP that he thinks they are capable of winning a ring with the current group, but the front office became transparent in their attempts to move Gasol, so I agree they have lowered his value themselves.

BigCityofDreams
06-29-2012, 12:45 PM
I don't mean stand pat. Gasol's value will only go down with the way Brown doesn't use him correctly, and the Lakers are still in salary cap hell after next year if they stand pat. I mean be patient, and let the best offers come in.

Oh ok I misunderstood what you said.

NYK4L
06-29-2012, 12:49 PM
That's his problem right there. This is Basketball Mitch, no homeruns ;)

310Casper
06-29-2012, 12:55 PM

Dwill/Sessions
Kobe
?
JSmoove
Howard

yea bro, we're gonna have a 100 million dollar salary cap

Deron will sign a fat long term deal with the Nets next week, its time to move on, just like we did after the cp3 veto.

ivylleague1'
06-29-2012, 01:08 PM
I have the utmost confidence with Mitch Kupchak. I love how our FO is always very patient. We will get it done!

There is no player out there that can upgrade the Lakers significantly except the Maestro Allen Iverson, but Lakers may not be fast enough to get him. It takes a very intelligent GM to get Iverson. Is Mitch intelligent enough ???

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-29-2012, 01:10 PM
I thought we already hit the home run by trading with Dallas to get Odom........(Darius Odom) and a qualifying offer to Darrius Morris. :shrug:

Gritz
06-29-2012, 01:11 PM
If Mitch wants to hit a home run he better start taking roids and try to get stern drunk for a full 24 hours

ThunderousDemon
06-29-2012, 01:16 PM
The home run he's talking about is getting rid of the scrubs that are Blake, Murphy, and McRoberts.

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-29-2012, 01:18 PM
The home run he's talking about is getting rid of the scrubs that are Blake, Murphy, and McRoberts.

Well, Murphy isn't even on a contract right now, he's an UFA, so we don't have to worry about him.

But yes, we have to get rid of those 2 bums in Blake and McBob. If we can shed MWP's salary as well, that'd be amazing.

Lakeshow24KB
06-29-2012, 01:23 PM
Well, Murphy isn't even on a contract right now, he's an UFA, so we don't have to worry about him.

But yes, we have to get rid of those 2 bums in Blake and McBob. If we can shed MWP's salary as well, that'd be amazing.

But I would really like to keep MWP.

310Casper
06-29-2012, 01:28 PM

:facepalm:

Lakeshow24KB
06-29-2012, 01:37 PM
:facepalm:

:confused: he's one of the only ones that play with killer intensity and toughness. Plus he's defense is still pretty good. Plus, if Kobe says he relies on him then you know it's a really good thing.

Gritz
06-29-2012, 01:38 PM
Artest is a gangsta

Cali4rnia
06-29-2012, 01:39 PM
trade gasol for josh smith & jeff teague if not get kirk.. get beasley with the amnesty.

Jeff teague or kirk
kobe
beasley
smith
Bynum

it be really hard to beat this team.

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-29-2012, 01:41 PM
:confused: he's one of the only ones that play with killer intensity and toughness. Plus he's defense is still pretty good. Plus, if Kobe says he relies on him then you know it's a really good thing.

Yes, but his boneheaded elbow against Harden made us work even harder against Denver without him, and we never got into the flow with Artest back in the lineup when we went up against OKC in the next round. OKC was far and away the better team, but we would have put up a better fight if Artest was in the mix and we had a little bit of better chemistry. He cost us in some ways. And he's a nutjob and his offense sucks now. There's no Phil Jackson to keep him in check. Durant abused him this yr, and LeBron is beginning to do the same now against him. He's useless, old and taking up cap space.

Get rid of him!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-29-2012, 01:43 PM

this

doesnt he have a PO, he should opt out and sign for less:)

BrandoCommando
06-29-2012, 01:48 PM

The logo works for the Warriors.

shizzle09
06-29-2012, 02:02 PM

Odom?

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-29-2012, 02:04 PM
Odom?

I don't usually say this about the Heat, but cool sig man. I always like pics with players posing with a championship trophy in each arm. Just looks really awesome.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-29-2012, 02:04 PM
Odom?

That was a salary dump after the CP3 veto, which would have been one of the greatest trades ever.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-29-2012, 02:05 PM
The logo works for the Warriors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKUOB8MN4Kc

Lakeshow24KB
06-29-2012, 02:17 PM
Yes, but his boneheaded elbow against Harden made us work even harder against Denver without him, and we never got into the flow with Artest back in the lineup when we went up against OKC in the next round. OKC was far and away the better team, but we would have put up a better fight if Artest was in the mix and we had a little bit of better chemistry. He cost us in some ways. And he's a nutjob and his offense sucks now. There's no Phil Jackson to keep him in check. Durant abused him this yr, and LeBron is beginning to do the same now against him. He's useless, old and taking up cap space.

Get rid of him!

Fair enough...

JasonJohnHorn
06-29-2012, 03:06 PM
The Lakers, so long as they keep Sessions, don't really need to make any roster changes to contend. What they need to do is make a coaching change. I don't know why they brought Brown in. He's a great defensive coach, but if his time in Cleveland proved anything, it is that he cannot run a championship offence.

Bringing Phil Jackson back should be the only home run they need to hit. Moving Gasol is going to hurt this team. He is their glue guy.