PDA

View Full Version : Miami Heat just may have drafted a sleeper.

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-29-2012, 05:10 AM
Strengths:
*Inside-outside offensive game
*Moves well
*Effective high-post passer
*Good free-throw shooter

Weaknesses:
*Has to get stronger
*Needs to become more consistent

NBA projection:
Hamilton is in that second round- to undrafted category, but he has three things in his favor as he seeks to gain employment with an NBA team. One, he’s huge and mobile. That’s a rare combination. Two, he’s intelligent. Three, he’s not afraid to put in the time necessary to improve. He still has to get stronger and more assertive, but over the course of meeting with and working out for NBA teams, he’s likely to find a fan or two, just like former Kentucky big man Josh Harrellson did a year ago when he hooked on with the New York Knicks.

2011-12 Season:
Hamilton played just one season at LSU after transferring from Iowa State. It was expected that former LSU coach Trent Johnson could take advantage of Hamilton’s inside-outside skills, and he did just that; after two consecutive 20-loss seasons, the Tigers rebounded to 18-15 and a spot in the NIT. Hamilton earned second-team All-SEC honors while leading the Tigers in scoring, rebounding and blocked shots. Though he had one more season of eligibility remaining, Hamilton chose to pursue professional playing opportunities because he’s graduating and also getting married in the summer.

Key statistics:
12.9 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 0.9 apg, 1.7 tpg, 1.3 bpg, 30.0 mpg, .617 FG, .250 3PT, .781 FT

Cool statistic:
Hamilton finished 14th in the Southeastern Conference in scoring, ninth in rebounding, eighth in free throw percentage (78.1 percent, 107-137); ninth in blocked shots (1.3 bpg); and second in offensive rebounds (3.3 orpg).

Reminds me of:
Jeff Foster

What Insiders Say:
Former LSU coach Trent Johnson
“When he was at Iowa State, he rebounded and set a lot of screens. He wasn’t the focal point of the offense going through him. That’s no disrespect for their system. I have the utmost respect for coach McDermott. But Justin knew coming here we were going to go through him.
“For the first time in his basketball career, he was going to be asked to score, and feed from the post. Defensively, on the back line, he was a guy we could build our defense around, not just from the standpoint of blocking shots but as a guy who can take charges.”

What Outsiders Say:
Iowa State assistant coach T.J. Otzelberger
“He’s got a very interesting story. I still think he’s developing. You still know there’s some left in there. I’ve always thought that someday he could play in the NBA because of his size and character.”

setman2000
06-29-2012, 05:14 AM
Sounds like a great topic for the Heat forum!

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-29-2012, 05:15 AM
no no, this is the NBA forum, ill stick to here.

thanks tho!

smiddy012
06-29-2012, 05:17 AM
There's this thing, it's called the Heat forum... There's probably traffic there nowadays.

loublue22
06-29-2012, 05:18 AM
he sucks

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-29-2012, 05:18 AM
i prefer feedback from NBA fans, as well as heat fans.

just educating everyone.

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-29-2012, 05:19 AM
well if youre 2nd round, u most likely 'suck'

its about the ability to make urself better, which he has, and he already has an inside out game.

im sure he will be just fine if given the right push.

stawka
06-29-2012, 05:23 AM
Come on man. I was rooting for the Heat just as much as you guys were, but this **** has to stop. Leave the BS threads to the "other teams"

smiddy012
06-29-2012, 05:24 AM
i prefer feedback from NBA fans, as well as heat fans.

just educating everyone.

NBA fans visit team forums. This thread will be moved.

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-29-2012, 05:30 AM
its really not that a big deal. im discussing about a player that was drafted in the nba draft..

its the nba forum.. not sure why its a big deal. im puttin up analysis of the guy.. but lol if u wanna make it a big deal, and want the admins to move it, than whatever floats ur boat i guess.

CityofChaos
06-29-2012, 05:30 AM
So you decide to do research on a guy who you've never seen play collegiately, nor heard of prior to the Heat selecting him, and you blindly label him a "sleeper"based on the fact that your favorite team drafted him?

Monta is beast
06-29-2012, 05:31 AM
So you decide to do research on a guy who you've never seen play collegiately, nor heard of prior to the Heat selecting him, and you blindly label him a "sleeper"based on the fact that your favorite team drafted him?

:clap:

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-29-2012, 05:33 AM

ive been digging up research on the guy ever since he got selected.
i am not the only one labeling him a sleeper.
but hey, i guess you know better?

verdell1978
06-29-2012, 05:34 AM
Damn how do I become a General Manager on Pro Sports Daily so I can post anything on any thread????? SMFH

Monta is beast
06-29-2012, 05:34 AM
ive been digging up research on the guy ever since he got selected.
i am not the only one labeling him a sleeper.
but hey, i guess you know better?

No, but you know those scout guys, they know better.

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-29-2012, 05:36 AM
No, but you know those scout guys, they know better.

ughh, yeah, they do.

Monta is beast
06-29-2012, 05:37 AM
ughh, yeah, they do.

So tell me why he was drafted in the 2nd round bud?

naps
06-29-2012, 05:38 AM
Really? A true Heat fan will never create a thread like this on NBA forum. You are basically asking people to troll and bait. You are calling for more hate as if we don't have enough.

I am sure there is a story for every guy on this draft. Even the ones that left undrafted. This could easily be placed on Heat forum. Most of us Heat fans didn't know a penny about him until Heat drafted him so how would others know enough about him to even comment whether he'll be a steal or not? There is a reason why he fell that far.

I dearly hope a MOD move this to Heat forum.

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-29-2012, 05:39 AM
So tell me why he was drafted in the 2nd round bud?

he played for LSU. he has potential, with the right 'push' he can be a solid contributor.

Monta is beast
06-29-2012, 05:40 AM
he played for LSU. he has potential, with the right 'push' he can be a solid contributor.

So under the best case circumstances he will only be a contributer? You think that deserves it's own thread?

tcav701
06-29-2012, 05:42 AM
Anyone my favorite team drafts=Sleeper.

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-29-2012, 05:42 AM
So under the best case circumstances he will only be a contributer? You think that deserves it's own thread?

i am discussing a player's strengths and weaknesses.
if you want to discuss someone else, by all means go ahead.
just cos its about the miami heat, you want to make a big deal out of it.

not really sure what the commotion is..

you had 3 other options besides whining:
a. ignore
b. introduce another person who was drafted, and analyze strength and weaknesses.
or
c. debate further about the player.

i guess whining must be the cool thing to do.

Monta is beast
06-29-2012, 05:43 AM

you had 4 other options besides whining:
a. ignore
b. introduce another person who was drafted, and analyze strength and weaknesses.
or
d. completely challenge the meaning of this thread

d

Philapsychosis
06-29-2012, 05:57 AM
Guy will probably be a non factor, or maybe not......... That's about all anyone can tell you, what are you really looking for.

That picture in the OP's sig of Lebron cuddling the trophy is corny as hell though haha.

tcav701
06-29-2012, 06:03 AM

you had 3 other options besides whining:
a. ignore
or

No, I think you want to make a big deal about it because it's the Miami Heat. If the Jazz selected him, you wouldn't be talking about the pick.

a. Sure I guess we could ignore but I have a personal interest in debating homers, especially those that pretend to know **** about basketball when their team gets good.

b. There is an NBA Draft thread created for that very reason.

c. There is no debate, you are promoting a player your favorite team drafted. Your only arguments are speculation and hope.

3ballbomber
06-29-2012, 06:23 AM
no no, this is the NBA forum, ill stick to here.

thanks tho!
lol you post isn't wanted here :up:

Jay16
06-29-2012, 06:49 AM
Good to see the Heat haters are still hating. Thanx for posting info on our draft pick. As far as the rest of you ........."I'm sorry all I hear is blah blah blah I'm a hater"

ESaady
06-29-2012, 06:58 AM
Good to see the Heat haters are still hating. Thanx for posting info on our draft pick. As far as the rest of you ........."I'm sorry all I hear is blah blah blah I'm a hater"

Let's talk about the Golden State Warriors.

Monta is beast
06-29-2012, 07:07 AM

Did you say something?

king4day
06-29-2012, 07:08 AM
Had I caught this when it was first created I would have moved it to the Heat forum. The problem with creating threads like these is:

1. You run the risk of other team fans wanting to create the same topic idea for their 'sleeper stars' as well.

(see: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=735377 & http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=735368)

2. You're going to get fewer responses regarding your topic and more about how no one cares and how this should be in the Heat forum.

You'll find yourself defending the topic being created more than a discussion on it.