PDA

View Full Version : Was David Stern's Attitude Towards the Fans and NBA World in the Draft Unacceptable?

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-29-2012, 04:01 AM
I noticed on 2 separate instances when he praised the Miami Heat like it was the biggest thing since sliced bread.

He began the draft by congratulating the Miami Heat on winning the NBA Championship. I think he was there to present them the trophy last Thursday, so why the need to adulate them again. I don't recall any draft in previous years where he started off congratulating the team that won the title.

And then secondly, when the Miami Heat made their selection, he emphatically stated. The NBA Woooorld Champion Miami Heat select.....

He's never done that before for any team. Is it me or did anyone catch this.

I have no problem with the Miami Heat. My problem is with David Stern. I think the way he showed favoritism towards one team was a slap in the face of all NBA fans. And he kept playing to the crowd like he was some sort of heel in the WWE or something.

It was ridiculous, he was showing resentment towards the fans with pauses and blank stared to the screen, favoritism, emphatic expressions, sarcasm etc.

Did you guys as NBA fans find this disrespectful. Because I sure as hell did.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I can't wait until Adam "Sexy" Silver is the next Commish. Sure, he may be Stern's *****, but he just doesn't seem like a hateable guy like Stern.

Lakeshow24KB
06-29-2012, 04:07 AM
Amen.

shen
06-29-2012, 04:08 AM
He showed resentment because every fan was standing screaming and booing at him any time he came out. He knows he is the most disliked comish ever. He knows many many fans dream of his death with great joy. It is finally getting to him, my only hope is he has a mental break down soon and get hospitalized and forced out.

bholly
06-29-2012, 04:08 AM
Oh man, you're really grasping at straws here for things to criticize. He was good humoured and had a bit of fun with it in a totally acceptable way. There's absolutely nothing wrong (and nothing out of the norm) with mentioning the recent championship and refer to the champions as such. Absolutely zero problem with any of it.

BcEuAbRsS
06-29-2012, 04:09 AM
If people hate Stern and think the league is rigged then why watch? Cause you love it *****es... Now shut up...

shen
06-29-2012, 04:09 AM
For the record I have no problem with how he acted at the draft, if it had been me I would have gotten off stage and beaten crap out some the fans. Kept moving from fan to fan till they all shut the f up.

Method28
06-29-2012, 04:10 AM
Doesn't every comish announce the champs pick like that? Seems normal to me.

Of course he's going to congratulate them on the intro. Basic etiquette.

Kyben36
06-29-2012, 04:12 AM
if david stern and lebron james were on the same flight, I would have serious temptations to do something that might put me in jail.

loublue22
06-29-2012, 04:13 AM
I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure he does that every year.

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-29-2012, 04:18 AM
I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure he does that every year.

See I never paid attention to that as much, but with the crowd being so resentful towards him and all the **** Stern has pulled these last couple of yrs since 07, when that whole Donaghy thing broke out, it may have clouded my judgement and perception.

If that's the case and he does announce the champions in every draft....

THEN SORRY NBA FANS! MY BAD!

LeMarcus
06-29-2012, 04:20 AM
if david stern and lebron james were on the same flight, I would have serious temptations to do something that might put me in jail.

lol

eibbor
06-29-2012, 04:20 AM

Yeah, can't blow dudes on a plane.

Ebbs
06-29-2012, 04:21 AM
If people hate Stern and think the league is rigged then why watch? Cause you love it *****es... Now shut up...

This.

cheaptrikz
06-29-2012, 04:23 AM
Lol he was milking the crowd especially when he was announcing heats pick, he paused and showed that ugly grin. He played heel really good.

hornetsfansydne
06-29-2012, 04:27 AM
The only problem I have is adding world champions in that sentence.... Miami won the NBA not the world champs so why refer to them as such? I know the NBA is the best league in the world (but the Euroleague is getting better) but that still doesn't make them world champs, to be a world champion you need to win the world championships, the reason we have them!

IIISSKiLL
06-29-2012, 04:33 AM

:no::no::no::no::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

naps
06-29-2012, 04:36 AM

THIS.

It's pretty funny how Lakers fans never had any problems with Stern when Lekers won half the titles last decade. Now that they couldn't land CP3 all of a sudden he's the villain.

Oh and Miami Heat winning the title makes people grasping for straws...keep reaching...reaching, reaching, and reaching for reasons...LAME.

naps
06-29-2012, 04:38 AM

:laugh2:

Sssmush
06-29-2012, 04:38 AM
rigged

Sssmush
06-29-2012, 04:40 AM
when Miami wins, it's almost like NY won, because that's where they vacation. It's like LA fans get excited when San Diego Chargers or SF 49'rs go to the Super Bowl.

Miami is just a spicier version of NY on the East Coas, so it's natural that Stern would be slightly more excited. He's like saying "look, the East coast has a chance, and it isn't Boston."

naps
06-29-2012, 04:41 AM
The only problem I have is adding world champions in that sentence.... Miami won the NBA not the world champs so why refer to them as such? I know the NBA is the best league in the world (but the Euroleague is getting better) but that still doesn't make them world champs, to be a world champion you need to win the world championships, the reason we have them!

Except they call world champions EVERY year. Well, it's a problem when it's attached to Miami Heat though. Can't stay consistent with the Heat because they are unfairly good.

jam
06-29-2012, 04:56 AM
When you reach his level of power, corruption and depravity, those boos sound like music to your ears. He's done a great job protecting the interests of the corporations which keep him afloat. He's been a great foot soldier, a "made" guy so to speak.

Let's be more specific. What drives this guy? He's a white jewish liberal with a deeply felt, but often condescending sense of paternalistic loyalty to "his" black players. He wants to help them, but has no faith in the intelligence of these "child like" black athletes.

He must steer and decide their fates. David S. carefully monitors the opinions of the masses, as decided by ratings, attendance figures and revenue. He is willing to fix games, decide series outcomes, strategically place refs towards desired outcomes and so on.

All of this is in the interest of the players primarily, and the owners secondarily. He wants to make sure the owners have a reasonable opportunity to earn a profit but his heart is always with the players: he WANTS them to profit enormously; he revels in the acceptance of these athletes by the american media and cultural mainstream.

And he is willing to do anything in his power towards that end. Ironically then David Stern is both wicked and selfless; a unique mix in today's pro sports terrain.

DerekRE_3
06-29-2012, 04:58 AM

You would masturbate on a plane? Jesus.

Champology
06-29-2012, 05:41 AM
Sterns a jag and his league is fixed been watching for 30 years its fixed...WWE comment was right on....

thenaj17
06-29-2012, 05:57 AM

Thank you! Some Americans seem to think they ARE the World!

Granted if they played all the best teams around the World, they'd probably still win but a bit of humility and acknowledgement for life outside the U.S. for once would be nice

tcav701
06-29-2012, 06:07 AM
The NBA Champions have been called the world champions every year.

However, it is a pretty ignorant statement and may be better unsaid.

tredigs
06-29-2012, 06:13 AM
All the dudes in NY at the draft were maliciously giving it to him. He gave a couple not-so subtle jabs back.

I loved it.

tredigs
06-29-2012, 06:15 AM

Granted if they played all the best teams around the World, they'd probably still win but a bit of humility and acknowledgement for life outside the U.S. for once would be nice

It is the top league in the world - bar none - and non-debatable. Beyond that, ~98% of the best players from any other country either aspire to or DO play in the NBA, so it has merit.

I don't think it's as xenophobic a statement as you'd like it to be.

episodenone
06-29-2012, 06:19 AM
I noticed on 2 separate instances when he praised the Miami Heat like it was the biggest thing since sliced bread.

He began the draft by congratulating the Miami Heat on winning the NBA Championship. I think he was there to present them the trophy last Thursday, so why the need to adulate them again. I don't recall any draft in previous years where he started off congratulating the team that won the title.

And then secondly, when the Miami Heat made their selection, he emphatically stated. The NBA Woooorld Champion Miami Heat select.....

I have no problem with the Miami Heat. My problem is with David Stern. I think the way he showed favoritism towards one team was a slap in the face of all NBA fans. And he kept playing to the crowd like he was some sort of heel in the WWE or something.

It was ridiculous, he was showing resentment towards the fans with pauses and blank stared to the screen, favoritism, emphatic expressions, sarcasm etc.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I can't wait until Adam "Sexy" Silver is the next Commish. Sure, he may be Stern's *****, but he just doesn't seem like a hateable guy like Stern.

nothing rigged about the league except maybe the blocked chris paul trade.

otherwise stern's megalomania of refusing to turn over the nba to someone new is simply shameful and pathetic.

he needs to go off to pasture with the rest of the cattle.

he has overstayed his welcome and needs to be deposed. maybe he can run for congress :speechless:

3ballbomber
06-29-2012, 06:30 AM
When you reach his level of power, corruption and depravity, those boos sound like music to your ears. He's done a great job protecting the interests of the corporations which keep him afloat. He's been a great foot soldier, a "made" guy so to speak.

Let's be more specific. What drives this guy? He's a white jewish liberal with a deeply felt, but often condescending sense of paternalistic loyalty to "his" black players. He wants to help them, but has no faith in the intelligence of these "child like" black athletes.

He must steer and decide their fates. David S. carefully monitors the opinions of the masses, as decided by ratings, attendance figures and revenue. He is willing to fix games, decide series outcomes, strategically place refs towards desired outcomes and so on.

All of this is in the interest of the players primarily, and the owners secondarily. He wants to make sure the owners have a reasonable opportunity to earn a profit but his heart is always with the players: he WANTS them to profit enormously; he revels in the acceptance of these athletes by the american media and cultural mainstream.

And he is willing to do anything in his power towards that end. Ironically then David Stern is both wicked and selfless; a unique mix in today's pro sports terrain.
this is probably more accurate than what people may think.

JasonJohnHorn
06-29-2012, 06:43 AM
Stern has been doing this for too long. We need somebody new in there. Does this guy think he's the pope or something? He's going to hold onto the title until he dies?

BcEuAbRsS
06-29-2012, 06:48 AM
Why does Stern need to go? This sport is more watched and loved than ever. I'd say he's doing just fine.

LongIslandIcedZ
06-29-2012, 07:07 AM
He trolled the fans

Kinkotheclown
06-29-2012, 07:34 AM
He showed resentment because every fan was standing screaming and booing at him any time he came out. He knows he is the most disliked comish ever. He knows many many fans dream of his death with great joy. It is finally getting to him, my only hope is he has a mental break down soon and get hospitalized and forced out.

:laugh: :clap:

Holy ****! This was the first thing I read. Thanks It is going to be a good day

hornetsfansydne
06-29-2012, 07:36 AM
Except they call world champions EVERY year. Well, it's a problem when it's attached to Miami Heat though. Can't stay consistent with the Heat because they are unfairly good.

I don't have a problem with the Heat winning, I have a problem with the NBA champions being called world champions every year. If there was a basketball version of the Champions League (or whatever the top clubs from around the world championship is called - I don't follow Soccer that much) then I could understand it a bit more but to me WORLD champs means international teams not club teams

loublue22
06-29-2012, 07:40 AM
this is probably more accurate than what people may think.

No it's not, and you are a complete moron if you believe it.

hornetsfansydne
06-29-2012, 07:44 AM
It is the top league in the world - bar none - and non-debatable. Beyond that, ~98% of the best players from any other country either aspire to or DO play in the NBA, so it has merit.

I don't think it's as xenophobic a statement as you'd like it to be.

The NBA is the best league in the world for that particular style of basketball that is played in the NBA - ISO and high pick and rolls that are 95% of the plays. But the Euroleague is the best league in the world for TEAM play, in my opinion. Europe plays a completely different style of game to the US which is why a lot of them struggle when they first come over and some leave to go back, look at Navarro and Garbajosa amongst others.

xabial
06-29-2012, 08:06 AM

Really? The last time a World Championships for Basketball was held, it was won by a United States Team filled with NBA players.

So Many NBA Stars got invited but Rejected a chance to Join the USA Team to instead choose to "Rest". That team eventually Won the 2010 World Championship of Basketball and it wasn't even the best Talent the U.S had to offer.

The ignorance about Americans Being ignorant...

speakerboxx
06-29-2012, 08:07 AM
Oh man, you're really grasping at straws here for things to criticize. He was good humoured and had a bit of fun with it in a totally acceptable way. There's absolutely nothing wrong (and nothing out of the norm) with mentioning the recent championship and refer to the champions as such. Absolutely zero problem with any of it.

I agree...this thread is reaching...seriously...If you had the guy I understand but this is over the top...

AddiX
06-29-2012, 08:55 AM
David stern is a genius, he's a beast in the business world and knows damn well what he's doing.

Miami is the best thing for the NBA since sliced bread, they are the bad guy of the NBA, they are Floyd mayweather, the guy you tune into to watch and hope he loses. Miami heat = big $ for NBA. Stern knows how to milk it.

David tern is essentially the chicken man from breaking bad, on then outside he seems like a cornball, in the business world, and in the NBA, stern is a feared man.

CavsYanksDuke
06-29-2012, 09:00 AM
Ridiculous thread. Ever heard of a sense of humor? The guy knows we hate the Heat. Why not poke the bear if you're him? The fans boo him no matter what he does, so he probably does relate to LeBron lol.

warfelg
06-29-2012, 09:15 AM
In the last two years we have had two drafts with two commissioners with two wildly different outcomes.
NBA:
Stern talked back to fans, stared at them, and even prodded a few. He was kind of being an arrogant douchbag about the whole thing.

NFL:
Say what you will about Gooddell. But in the beginning he made one comment: "I want football too" then went on with business as usual. Never waited to announce any picks after that. Ignored the chants and boo's. Handled it like a classy guy.

There in lies my problem with Stern. He thinks he's above the fan. In his mind he's better than us. And it's like he views the fans like they are a bunch of thugs like the players. He stresses that games need to be family friendly. Well they always have been aside from the prices.

Stern should have been classy, ignore the fans taunts, and just announce the picks. No need to sit there and stare at the fans.

I pray that the owners realize quickly how arrogant this guy has become.

MonroeFAN
06-29-2012, 09:16 AM
The guy was being heckled all night long, and kept his composure, and was congratulating a team that won the championship. I see nothing wrong with what he did.

GiantsSwaGG
06-29-2012, 09:20 AM
**** him

pebloemer
06-29-2012, 09:25 AM

Well said.

Ty_Lawson
06-29-2012, 09:26 AM
Really? The last time a World Championships for Basketball was held, it was won by a United States Team filled with NBA players.

So Many NBA Stars got invited but Rejected a chance to Join the USA Team to instead choose to "Rest". That team eventually Won the 2010 World Championship of Basketball and it wasn't even the best Talent the U.S had to offer.

The ignorance about Americans Being ignorant...

So what you want to say is that if Spain win next World Championship of Basketball(not really possible) and then Barcelona or Real win Euroleague then they are World Champions? Bi*** please!! You have to beat rest of the world (which i guess they would by 30+ pts,every team) so you can call yourself World Champion..America isn't a WORLD,America is America!!!Why would we call it World then? Why just dont call it America maybe??Or maybe lets call this plannet America??

GiantsSwaGG
06-29-2012, 09:27 AM
if david stern and lebron james were on the same flight, I would have serious temptations to do something that might make all of us messy and sticky

Fixed!

sixer04fan
06-29-2012, 09:33 AM

This. He was just having fun with the crowd. It was totally fine. I enjoyed it honestly.

And this is coming from someone that HATES the Heat.

YeaDat
06-29-2012, 09:33 AM
As much as i don't like that dick head, he was within his rights.

knicks4life33
06-29-2012, 09:35 AM
he does it ever year. he congratulates the winning team b4 the first pick bro how do you not remember this .always does this b4 the first pick

LongIslandIcedZ
06-29-2012, 09:36 AM
I thought there were a few picks where he was acting a little weird before the pick. And I do think the way he announced the World Champion Miami Heat was definitely a shot at the people constantly booing him. But other than that I have no problem with him congratulating the Heat, they did win the championship.

CELTICS4LYFE
06-29-2012, 09:40 AM
How else are you supposed to act with thousands of people booing you? I thought he handled it well.

aztr0
06-29-2012, 09:42 AM
Uhhhh, didn't even notice. If it bothered you, you need to take a walk outside.

dnewguy
06-29-2012, 09:52 AM
didn't think he went far enough......why wasn't Pat Riley by his side?

Heatcheck
06-29-2012, 09:52 AM
The NBA is the best league in the world for that particular style of basketball that is played in the NBA - ISO and high pick and rolls that are 95% of the plays. But the Euroleague is the best league in the world for TEAM play, in my opinion. Europe plays a completely different style of game to the US which is why a lot of them struggle when they first come over and some leave to go back, look at Navarro and Garbajosa amongst others.

Your style of play is irrelevant, you play to your strengths.
The bottom line is we'd KILL any team they put in front of us by dream team margins.

there is a reason their best players, come HERE to play, and our developmental players, players coming off serious injuries, players not good enough to get drafted and late 30 somethings go over there to extend their careers

pacofunk64
06-29-2012, 09:57 AM

LOL, that is ****ing awesome but 100% right.

Stern has a bit of arrogance, maybe swag, and people don't like it. I gotta admit I was a bit annoyed but yet still laughed my *** off.

Heatcheck
06-29-2012, 09:58 AM
So what you want to say is that if Spain win next World Championship of Basketball(not really possible) and then Barcelona or Real win Euroleague then they are World Champions? Bi*** please!! You have to beat rest of the world (which i guess they would by 30+ pts,every team) so you can call yourself World Champion..America isn't a WORLD,America is America!!!Why would we call it World then? Why just dont call it America maybe??Or maybe lets call this plannet America??

your almaking a fuss about nothing. calling it them the world champions is marketing like everything else. its done to draw attention to the brand and make people feel like they are watching something that important, and it just stuck. Its like the world series for baseball.

Besides, if you know they'd probably blow all the other teams out by like 30, why get so heated about it? maybe if it was close.

whitemamba33
06-29-2012, 10:09 AM
lol

So people nearly riot when David Stern says it's not a lock that Miami wins the championship, and try and use it as evidence that Stern hates Miami, and now he's being critisized for favoring them too much?

A lot of people at PSD need to look in the mirrors, that's all I'm going to say

netsgiantsyanks
06-29-2012, 10:15 AM

you're going to do a few "tricks" for money?

Hawkize31
06-29-2012, 10:18 AM

No. The NBA, NFL, MLB, or NHL champions are referred to as World Champions. Its been that way for a long time.

And Stern does that beacue people hate it, and people pay to watch things they hate. $$$ is all that matters.

bucketss
06-29-2012, 10:33 AM

seriously, is this the level we have reached now?

MagicHero3
06-29-2012, 10:36 AM

very professionally made signature there :facepalm:

I Rock Shaqs
06-29-2012, 10:38 AM
Omg seriously people just like to complain about something stop whining i thought it was actually pretty funny, the best part was when Adam silver came out and tried to hype the crowd up like he was the good guy, reminded me of WWE lolz

nothappyinut
06-29-2012, 11:03 AM
Nothing to see here folks. Just a bunch of whiny adolescents crying over spilt milk. To cry about being called world champions is one of the lamest argument I've ever read.

(pssst hey everyone crying about David stern and miami being called world champs I'm not sure you realized this through all your tears but you need to pull your skirt down, your vag is showing)

Showtime Steve
06-29-2012, 11:12 AM
He plays the role of villain better than LeBron...

But seriously he knows his is pretty much God and can do whatever he want with the NBA. All those people that swore off it because of the lockout, how many of them held that up??

ThadOchocinco
06-29-2012, 11:12 AM
All this shows is that David Stern watches wrestling. When you're a heel, you're supposed to needle the people who don't like you. I'm no Heat fan, but I would throw that in the fans' faces every chance I got. That's the point.

Chronz
06-29-2012, 11:24 AM
Totally unacceptable, Im with you OP. Why not refer to the Lakers as NBA champs of all time? If hes not sucking them up there is something wrong with the NBA.

KingPosey
06-29-2012, 11:25 AM
For the record I have no problem with how he acted at the draft, if it had been me I would have gotten off stage and beaten crap out some the fans. Kept moving from fan to fan till they all shut the f up.

You would have only gotten to 2. The first would have beena girl, so ill give you that. You can beat girls.

Ladies Man
06-29-2012, 11:28 AM
He's a crook thats why. I know LeBron is a great player. He has skill. But when he drives to the lane all it takes is a little contact. When Rondo drives and gets smacked in the face by Wade, its okay... Yea this happens a lot and I know the refs are human but mistakes like that should not be made. Is the league rigged? Maybe not to that extent. Does Stern favorite teams? I think so.

Rentzias
06-29-2012, 11:32 AM
The NBA: what an awful business model, what with all its fans, merchandise, etc. Way to mess this up Stern. Should've left it the way it was in the 70s.

GREATNESS ONE
06-29-2012, 11:37 AM
when Miami wins, it's almost like NY won, because that's where they vacation. It's like LA fans get excited when San Diego Chargers or SF 49'rs go to the Super Bowl.

Miami is just a spicier version of NY on the East Coas, so it's natural that Stern would be slightly more excited. He's like saying "look, the East coast has a chance, and it isn't Boston."

:puke:

ink
06-29-2012, 11:39 AM

This.

Ridiculous thread.

The guy was getting booed and he remained light-hearted about it. Big deal.

chicago lulz
06-29-2012, 12:20 PM
Laughed at the interactions between the fans and Stern. Very entertaining. Then everyone was cheering for Silver. Entertaining draft.

Gritz
06-29-2012, 12:30 PM
Get outside more. You felt his behavior was unacceptable as if you're paying his bills, you wasn't even there lol

BcEuAbRsS
06-29-2012, 12:31 PM
very professionally made signature there :facepalm:

It's a joke dude...

BKLYNpigeon
06-29-2012, 12:39 PM
It doesnt matter what the fans think about Stern he wont lose his job. The owners Love Stern (except Lakers). The League has never been more popular and they're making a lot of Money.
Stern > Bud Selig

smith&wesson
06-29-2012, 12:47 PM
he was just feeding the crowd. he did thank the fans for their incredible enthusiasm. i dont feel he "disrespected" anyone at all.

they were booing adam silver just as much as stern. by the way silver is just a mini stern. i dont understand how you can hate one and like the other when they are fully on the same page.

shen
06-29-2012, 12:59 PM
You would have only gotten to 2. The first would have beena girl, so ill give you that. You can beat girls.

really? :facepalm:

TylerSL
06-29-2012, 01:02 PM
lol this isnt nothing. He only did this because the crowd was booing him, so he gave them a reason to boo him. They were being very rude. I understand that people dont like him, but there were times he had to stop and let the crowd quiet down before he talked. Sure he did it to piss of the crowd more, but they were very rude, and when he talked about Miami the way he did it was just to piss those people off. Which is somewhat amusing IMO.

TylerSL
06-29-2012, 01:06 PM

wow. So let me get this straight. You are mad at Stern for calling the champs, champs 1 week after they won???? Because thats what it sounds like.......

Also he wasnt pausing to show resentment, he wasnt saying anything because he wasnt going to talk over their boos. I think it was amusing the way he did that because the crowd was very rude. They even delayed the draft at times.

TylerSL
06-29-2012, 01:16 PM
I mean, the NBA Draft is supposed to be an honorable event. Fans boo the Comish and delay the draft. Fans get boo when their team picks the wrong player (Knicks). Seriously what if that Greece player was watching? The fans were very rude, and I was atcually shocked that they went that far with their hate for Stern.

TylerSL
06-29-2012, 01:45 PM
you're going to do a few "tricks" for money?

it was funny the first time, but now everybody and their grandmother is doing it....

Arch Stanton
06-29-2012, 01:47 PM
No Stern is funny. I like Jim Rome but I also liked how Stern put him in his place. stern>Bud Selig

shizzle09
06-29-2012, 02:09 PM

:facepalm: disgusting post

Pens_fan_21
06-29-2012, 02:18 PM
Nope...looked like a fun night for a guy who got boo's all night - he wasn't rude...I'm still not getting what you are talking about really...Bitter maybe? ;)

iam brett favre
06-29-2012, 02:21 PM
Are you ****ing serious? Every commissioner at every draft announces the champion....as the champion.

new york blue
06-29-2012, 02:24 PM
Get a life.

cheddar08
06-29-2012, 02:27 PM
This is a joke right? Everyone now openly knows the NBA is rigged. CP3 blunder , right into the Hornets landing the #1 overall? Funny.

cheddar08
06-29-2012, 02:27 PM
Stern deserved worse.

Gritz
06-29-2012, 02:34 PM

This is the worst post I've ever read online...today

bearadonisdna
06-29-2012, 02:51 PM
"We should be handing out Oscars, not MVPS"

-Stern

ThunderousDemon
06-29-2012, 03:06 PM
Omg seriously people just like to complain about something stop whining i thought it was actually pretty funny, the best part was when Adam silver came out and tried to hype the crowd up like he was the good guy, reminded me of WWE lolz

You should never take someone serious if they use,"OMG", in a sentence and especially if they begin their sentence with it.

NYtilIdie
06-29-2012, 03:09 PM
No because I don't give a ***k about something this little.

ThunderousDemon
06-29-2012, 03:11 PM
No because I don't give a ***k about something this little.

Yet you commented on the subject.

Leach11
06-29-2012, 03:13 PM
The NBA section on PSD is becoming an absolute joke because of the ridiculous threads that continue to be made. I don't like Stern, but how can you criticize the guy for his actions last night? He was getting the **** booed out of him and he handled it completely fine.

And these Stern conspiracies are getting out of hand. Use your brain, do you really think that he could pull off what some of you guy's are claiming he is doing in today's age of social media? It's absolutely absurd. The guy has made the league soft and less enjoyable to watch, but there is no way that he's fixing games and getting away with it.

naps
06-30-2012, 02:57 AM
Totally unacceptable, Im with you OP. Why not refer to the Lakers as NBA champs of all time? If hes not sucking them up there is something wrong with the NBA.

X1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000...

I am damn sure he was fine when Stern was congratulating Lakers during the draft nights in all those Lakers ship years. But may be a walk outside would help instead of creating this piece of **** if congratulating the world champions bothered so much.

Supa
06-30-2012, 03:37 AM
Block Lakers trade - checked

Hornets get #1 Pick - checked

Miami winning championship - checked

Fan cheering for Stern - opps ...

---

Miami Heat
06-30-2012, 03:40 AM
jesus you kobe fanboys are pathetic

the miami heat are the nba champs....get over it!

naps
06-30-2012, 04:09 AM
Block Lakers trade - checked

Hornets get #1 Pick - checked

Miami winning championship - checked

Fan cheering for Stern - opps ...

---

Exactly, what better the Kobephiles could ever contribute in life as a whole instead of trolling and being pathetic postures of Homo sapiens...

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-30-2012, 05:15 AM
I'm so glad I made this thread. :dance:

:moon: :moon: :moon: :silly:

new york blue
06-30-2012, 05:44 AM
It is a better thread than one of the idiotic conspiracy threads that has Stern fixing games or rigging the lottery.

TylerSL
06-30-2012, 08:30 AM
It is a better thread than one of the idiotic conspiracy threads that has Stern fixing games or rigging the lottery.

thats not saying much tho......

Laker Legend42
06-30-2012, 08:47 AM
I think he does that every year. Lakers fans never hear it because we never have any picks.:rimshot:

blastmasta26
06-30-2012, 10:41 AM
I mean, the NBA Draft is supposed to be an honorable event. Fans boo the Comish and delay the draft. Fans get boo when their team picks the wrong player (Knicks). Seriously what if that Greece player was watching? The fans were very rude, and I was atcually shocked that they went that far with their hate for Stern.

Lol Knick fans always do that. It's almost inevitable.

KingPosey
07-03-2012, 05:53 AM
really? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
I win. since face palms instantly mean I am smarter than you, and automatically discredit any posts I win because I had 2 and you had 1.

Wray77
07-03-2012, 06:44 AM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

cheddar08
07-03-2012, 10:46 AM
Hornets had a 13% chance to get the #1.

koreancabbage
07-03-2012, 10:51 AM
yeah, can't blow dudes on a plane.

lol

LA_Raiders
07-03-2012, 10:55 AM
He is an *******, He is praising his own creation the Miami Cheat... If he would have allowed the CP3 trade, i would have been very different...

gbrl
07-03-2012, 12:43 PM
He is an *******, He is praising his own creation the Miami Cheat... If he would have allowed the CP3 trade, i would have been very different...

so you are mad because stern didnt allow you to rape the hornets