PDA

View Full Version : Minor News Thread (28 June 2012)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

House
06-29-2012, 12:00 AM
Kicking a new thread off...

Seattle4Ever
07-01-2012, 03:02 PM
According to The Sports Xchange's Len Pasquarelli, "even some people in his corner" privately question whether Tarvaris Jackson is capable of elevating his play at age 29.
In other words, even T-Jack's closest supporters question if he'll ever emerge as more than a backup-caliber player. Pasquarelli reports that news of Jackson receiving first-team snaps to open Seahawks camp "generated mixed reactions" both inside and outside the Seattle organization. Jackson will open camp as the starter, but he's very likely to be overtaken by Matt Flynn in preseason.

Good news, in my opinion.

furmat60
07-01-2012, 08:34 PM
Good news, in my opinion.

I agree. If anything happens to anyone who starts, I know that we'll have a good backup. Whether that will be TJack, Flynn, or even Wilson. QB position isn't going to get any worse. If all else fails and we BOMB this next season, then we can draft Barkley.

Seattle4Ever
07-01-2012, 08:49 PM
Barkley, Flynn, and Wilson would be a bit much. I wonder what'd happen with that QB situation.

We'll never be that bad, though. Our defense will be top 5.

ztilzer31
07-02-2012, 08:31 PM
I agree. If anything happens to anyone who starts, I know that we'll have a good backup. Whether that will be TJack, Flynn, or even Wilson. QB position isn't going to get any worse. If all else fails and we BOMB this next season, then we can draft Barkley.

I don't think even with Josh Portis as QB we'd be bad enough for Barkley. Too many worse teams, and we have too much talent. If Flynn doesn't work out Wilson will be next in line.

mikebrez bears/
07-03-2012, 02:26 AM
Hey guys. Do you think the hawks have any FA targets they will go after between camp and preseason?

Seattle4Ever
07-03-2012, 02:47 AM
Hey guys. Do you think the hawks have any FA targets they will go after between camp and preseason?

Not any big names, I wouldn't think. The rest of FA's will probably be depth, backups, filler.

Carroll has been known to turn over the roster (200+ roster changes or however many) but he's over that since our team is much more stable now.

Simple answer: No people have been rumored that we're chasing that I can recall. News has been slow for Seahawks PSD.

FWBrodie
07-03-2012, 02:47 AM

They'll probably make a bazillion roster moves before the season.

FWBrodie
07-03-2012, 02:51 AM
We'll have about 46 tryouts by guys not on the roster. Some random veteran will make the team, several random undrafted free agents will hang around and probably play. We'll cut a QB and a veteran that no one expected, maybe two.

mikebrez bears/
07-03-2012, 05:32 AM
:sigh: same at home. The Seahawks are such an interesting team, not to many big holes to fill. Maybe some depth signings? I sure hope Flynn breaks out.

Seattle4Ever
07-03-2012, 02:09 PM
We'll have about 46 tryouts by guys not on the roster. Some random veteran will make the team, several random undrafted free agents will hang around and probably play. We'll cut a QB and a veteran that no one expected, maybe two.

Yeah pretty much.

:sigh: same at home. The Seahawks are such an interesting team, not to many big holes to fill. Maybe some depth signings? I sure hope Flynn breaks out.

I am so excited about our team. Our defense has only gotten better and added much more depth, but our offense has taken a step forward also. We need to watch injuries.

seahawks509
07-05-2012, 02:57 AM
Not Seahawks related, but wasn't sure were to put this. But I heard that Sacramento Kings plan to stay fell through and they could be moving next year. Top of the list was Seattle, could you imagine that? Tyreke Evans, Cousins, Fredette, Isaiah Thomas, and Thomas Robinson. That's gonna be a good young talented team pretty soon.

Seattle4Ever
07-05-2012, 04:02 AM
Holy **** I would love that team. I heard about this.

Seattle4Ever
07-08-2012, 01:46 AM
I forgot Antonio Bryant was getting a tryout. He was in the RealRobReport vid.

House
07-08-2012, 12:51 PM
I forgot Antonio Bryant was getting a tryout. He was in the RealRobReport vid.

I doubt he'll stick. He has some real conditioning to do. He's a fearless WR who could come in and send BMW packing.

I'm excited about our WR corp and I think the breakout player is going to be Kris Durham

Seattle4Ever
07-08-2012, 02:00 PM
I doubt he'll stick. He has some real conditioning to do. He's a fearless WR who could come in and send BMW packing.

I'm excited about our WR corp and I think the breakout player is going to be Kris Durham

It'd be real nice if he could come in and play like he did before his injuries.

FWBrodie
07-08-2012, 03:31 PM
If he's just decent it would be a shame to give PT of all our young guys away to him. I guess he doesn't necessarily have to be a starter to make the team though.

House
07-11-2012, 12:23 AM
Should me invest a pick on this kid?
http://www.fieldgulls.com/2012/7/10/3149628/Josh-gordon-seahawks-workout-supplemental-draft

Seattle4Ever
07-11-2012, 04:37 AM
It depends on what pick we'd take him at.

It'd be a good excuse to get rid of BMW and Obo though. Preferably Obo.

FWBrodie
07-11-2012, 06:11 PM
http://mynorthwest.com/?nid=577&a=9943715&p=1034&n=John%20Clayton%20Show

Former exec Softli tells Clayton he believes Wilson will be the starter by the 2013 season if not sooner.

ztilzer31
07-12-2012, 12:54 PM
http://mynorthwest.com/?nid=577&a=9943715&p=1034&n=John%20Clayton%20Show

Former exec Softli tells Clayton he believes Wilson will be the starter by the 2013 season if not sooner.

From what I've heard, the Seahawks plan on waiting a year on Wilson. He had great mini camps, but he still needs to learn the playbook. If you look at recent Carroll interviews he doesn't outright say it, but he definitely makes it seem like it's down to a two man race.

I think he could definitely take it next year though. Even though he's extremely smart, and capable I think ANY QB (including RG3 and Luck) should sit a year. Get comfortable ya know? The way fans are nowadays he'll get booed out of town for one poor season. Especially this year when expectations are so high. I don't think he'll see a start all season. Tarvaris will be kept one more year at the #2, and Wilson will take control (of either the back up or starting job) next season.

Seattle4Ever
07-12-2012, 02:21 PM
I'd be extremely satisfied with Flynn starting one season, Wilson taking the reins next year, and having Flynn back him up. Flynn is more than capable of being a good backup.

Ideally: Wilson-Flynn-Portis

FWBrodie
07-12-2012, 03:22 PM
Well, they kind of need to find out what they have so they know whether or not they need to go all in for a QB in next year's draft.

Seattle4Ever
07-12-2012, 09:15 PM
Well, they kind of need to find out what they have so they know whether or not they need to go all in for a QB in next year's draft.

Also, the need to figure out whether they're going with Flynn or Wilson soon, because they need to get them all of the first team reps. Or at least majority.

I'm assuming T-Jack doesn't stay first string. That would be a catastrophe, to me.

FWBrodie
07-13-2012, 05:01 PM
Per KJR Mike Williams has been released by the Seahawks.

NC_RaiderFan5
07-13-2012, 05:07 PM
Mike Williams - WR - Seahawks
Seahawks released WR Mike Williams.
Williams' release comes just four days after the Seattle Times postulated his roster spot was up in the air. Still rehabbing from a gruesome late-season leg injury, Williams was set to count $3.6 million against the cap after catching just 18 passes for 236 yards in 12 games in 2011. The move is good news for Ben Obomanu and Deon Butler, who now have one less body to compete with. Although Williams' 2010 comeback made for an excellent story, he should draw scant interest in free agency heading into his age-28 campaign.

Seattle4Ever
07-13-2012, 05:41 PM
Didn't expect this, but I'm actually pretty glad it happened. He played extremely poorly last season.

Now the only WR I don't really want/care for to make the roster is Obo :shrug:

NateyB24
07-13-2012, 06:09 PM
:sigh: One of my Fav. Seahawks over the last few seasons i hope this means lockette the Rocket is making a very good impression.

I hope he finds a new home some were that doesn't have a guy like Tarvaris Jackson throwing the football.

Seattle4Ever
07-13-2012, 06:10 PM
What Natey said.

Seattle4Ever
07-13-2012, 06:18 PM
https://twitter.com/Seahawk_Talk/status/223891376918630400

https://twitter.com/Seahawk_Talk/status/223891382643859456

Obo could be next.

FWBrodie
07-13-2012, 06:20 PM
Jackson wasn't his problem, he was his problem. I've been expecting this move since the season ended. He's lazy, period. Just take a look at his fat face and you have everything you need to know. Football became a priority for one season and then he relapsed to the same lazy guy he always was last season, and with his injury he just wasn't going to have it in him to put the work in to stay in shape.

Old, injured, and out of shape players get cut in Seattle. The writing was on the wall. Thanks for 2011, it was a fun year. Too bad you stopped caring.

NateyB24
07-13-2012, 06:23 PM
https://twitter.com/Seahawk_Talk/status/223891376918630400

https://twitter.com/Seahawk_Talk/status/223891382643859456

Obo could be next.

I doubt it Obo is a solid 3rd or 4th WR with special teams capabilities Mike Williams was pretty much just a WR didn't have any other value.

Seattle4Ever
07-13-2012, 06:32 PM
Jackson wasn't his problem, he was his problem. I've been expecting this move since the season ended. He's lazy, period. Just take a look at his fat face and you have everything you need to know. Football became a priority for one season and then he relapsed to the same lazy guy he always was last season, and with his injury he just wasn't going to have it in him to put the work in to stay in shape.

Old, injured, and out of shape players get cut in Seattle. The writing was on the wall. Thanks for 2011, it was a fun year. Too bad you stopped caring.

I agree for the most part. I disagree on behalf of T-Jack not even looking his way. Yes, he got fat. Yes, he got lazy. Yes, his route running was subpar. But it's hard to catch it when your QB doesn't even bother to see if you're wide open :shrug:

Anyways, this should have been done awhile ago.

ccg34
07-13-2012, 06:42 PM
I was expecting big things from BMW. I loved the idea of having the twin towers at wide receiver. Too bad it didn't work out. Injuries as well as T Jack made him really look worse than he really is.

ztilzer31
07-13-2012, 06:42 PM
I hope we're not considering having Obo and Butler as #2. I guess Obo isn't that bad, but I don't like butler anywhere but as a 3rd or 4th WR.

ccg34
07-13-2012, 06:43 PM
Maybe he comes back cheap like Trufant.

FWBrodie
07-13-2012, 06:55 PM
I'd be shocked if both Obo and Butler made the team. Pete Carroll likes his players to have something about them that is an advantage. Height, speed, explosion, power, length, hops, things like that. Butler has the speed. Obo has, well nothing special. Obo has the special teams, but we have such a fantastic group of backup DB's I wonder how important Obo would be anyway. He had some extremely costly drops last year, coaches don't forget those. I wouldn't be shocked if both were eventually let go though.

Rice
Tate
Baldwin
Durham
Lockette
Butler
Obomanu
Bryant
Tuinei
Bates

I'd say top 5 are in. The rest will battle for one spot. Bates and Tuinei are PS candidates if they don't make the team.

Vinny642
07-13-2012, 06:57 PM
I wish Big Mike the best for wherever he goes.

FWBrodie
07-13-2012, 06:58 PM
I agree for the most part. I disagree on behalf of T-Jack not even looking his way. Yes, he got fat. Yes, he got lazy. Yes, his route running was subpar. But it's hard to catch it when your QB doesn't even bother to see if you're wide open :shrug:

Anyways, this should have been done awhile ago.

Jackson looked his way. Not as much as Matt when BMW was our only guy most of the time (remember it was Williams, Obo, and Stokely 123 that year). Seemed like every contested opportunity Williams had he didn't come up with the ball. He certainly wasn't getting open much so he's got to catch those. He wasn't. I don't blame Jackson.

FWBrodie
07-13-2012, 07:01 PM
Another thing is that Winslow can spread out wide in redzone situations and be that big possession guy (not that Williams was ever a redzone factor).

Seattle4Ever
07-13-2012, 07:29 PM
I'd be shocked if both Obo and Butler made the team. Pete Carroll likes his players to have something about them that is an advantage. Height, speed, explosion, power, length, hops, things like that. Butler has the speed. Obo has, well nothing special. Obo has the special teams, but we have such a fantastic group of backup DB's I wonder how important Obo would be anyway. He had some extremely costly drops last year, coaches don't forget those. I wouldn't be shocked if both were eventually let go though.

Rice
Tate
Baldwin
Durham
Lockette
Butler
Obomanu
Bryant
Tuinei
Bates

I'd say top 5 are in. The rest will battle for one spot. Bates and Tuinei are PS candidates if they don't make the team.

I agree. I don't really care if Obo can play special teams, honestly :shrug: he's on the roster to be a WR, not a ST player.

Maybe Bryant can be a wildcard and earn a spot. I really like our WR situation.

House
07-13-2012, 07:44 PM
I had a feeling BMW was gone. IMO, Kris Durham will lineup #2 opposite Rice with Baldwin in the slot.

FWBrodie
07-13-2012, 08:07 PM
The injury to the ankle had little to nothing to do with his release. According to the trainers and what I could get from Carroll, Mikes weight coupled with last years performance were enough to get him released. Too many times, Mike would just quit on a route, decreasing his stats and (apparently) making it hard for Jackson to want to throw the ball in his direction. Right now, Mike is not in the shape he needs to be in to play at the NFL level.

Mike, when asked said he was not surprised by his release, and had been expecting it for some time. The Hawks made the move early enough for him to maybe catch on with another team, if his ankle heals well enough.

This now leaves big questions at the receiving position. Butler, Baldwin, Lockette and Tate are really going to have to shine if Seattle is to not become a one deminsional team. Rice will be double teamed where ever and when ever possible, so we really need a star to emerge. If we dont have one, we need to buy one.

So who's out there in Free Agency?
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=114&f=1936&t=9144351

Seattle4Ever
07-13-2012, 08:10 PM
Durham could be the best wide receiver on our team excluding Rice in a couple years.

FWBrodie
07-13-2012, 08:29 PM
Fantastic Russell Wilson interview (http://www.wralsportsfan.com/ncsu/audio/11304069/). It's on the radio back home and he's kind of back in his comfort zone away from the NFL spotlight so you kind of get a different side of him than most of the other cookie-cutter interviews in Seattle. He gives some candid observations of the northwest, the Seahawks, and coach Carroll, and he even defends the weather.

FWBrodie
07-13-2012, 08:33 PM
So could Baldwin or Tate really.

I think that's what it came down to. Why expend all the effort it would take to babysit Mike and keep him motivated when we've got all this young talent so hungry to get on the field and show what they can do.

Doug Baldwin says he'll approach every season like he did last year, as if he's an UDFA desperate to make the team. Mike obviously doesn't have that in him. Never get comfortable.

furmat60
07-13-2012, 09:02 PM
Can't say I didn't see it coming. I expect Obo to be released as well. He is nothing special and he had too many drops last season. Plus, I like Butler a lot lol.

NateyB24
07-14-2012, 02:36 AM
I agree. I don't really care if Obo can play special teams, honestly :shrug: he's on the roster to be a WR, not a ST player.

Maybe Bryant can be a wildcard and earn a spot. I really like our WR situation.

Actually being a ST's contributor is a very good thing you aren't just taking up one spot for one role you can do two things which is valuable.

Seattle4Ever
07-14-2012, 02:44 AM
Actually being a ST's contributor is a very good thing you aren't just taking up one spot for one role you can do two things which is valuable.

Yeah but what's the point if he doesn't bring much to the table on offense? It'd be one thing if he was a versatile player, but he's nothing special honestly.

NateyB24
07-14-2012, 04:02 AM
Yeah but what's the point if he doesn't bring much to the table on offense? It'd be one thing if he was a versatile player, but he's nothing special honestly.

I think he is a pretty good #3 receiver not somebody i want as my #1 though.

ztilzer31
07-14-2012, 12:34 PM
I'd be extremely satisfied with Flynn starting one season, Wilson taking the reins next year, and having Flynn back him up. Flynn is more than capable of being a good backup.

Ideally: Wilson-Flynn-Portis

I'm not sure about that. We'll have to see what Flynn is capable of this season. I like Wilson too, but Flynn could very well be a perfect fit. Unless Flynn plays like utter trash, or gets injured I don't see Wilson playing this season or next. He was a 3rd round pick. He has a lot of talent, and he's smart, but this is the NFL. He's got a lot of learning to do.

House
07-14-2012, 03:42 PM
Fantastic Russell Wilson interview (http://www.wralsportsfan.com/ncsu/audio/11304069/). It's on the radio back home and he's kind of back in his comfort zone away from the NFL spotlight so you kind of get a different side of him than most of the other cookie-cutter interviews in Seattle. He gives some candid observations of the northwest, the Seahawks, and coach Carroll, and he even defends the weather.

I liked the interview. This kid could be our blessing!

Seattle4Ever
07-14-2012, 05:38 PM
Which is what we did.

Baldwin likely will play the slot. We need someone opposite of Rice.

House
07-14-2012, 05:40 PM
Kris Durham will be our #2 and we'll still have our TWO TOWERS!!!

Seattle4Ever
07-14-2012, 06:00 PM
Oh that'd be nice. Never thought about that.

Durham has been clocked as low as 4.36 (Pro Day), and typically recorded as 4.43. And he's 6'5" with a 36" vertical. He's a freak.

House
07-14-2012, 06:12 PM
Oh that'd be nice. Never thought about that.

Durham has been clocked as low as 4.36 (Pro Day), and typically recorded as 4.43. And he's 6'5" with a 36" vertical. He's a freak.

I think that would be awesome. When Durham was drafted, he was referred to as "Williams' insurance". With Williams gone, he could walk in immediately.

FWBrodie
07-15-2012, 09:03 AM
Lavasier Tuinei looks like a serious redzone weapon (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__6dwDilIl4&feature=colike). 6'5" and ran a 4.5, he has good hands and fantastic body control. I think he's going to make it tough for Obo or Butler to make this team. I'm excited.

FWBrodie
07-15-2012, 09:17 AM
At 6-foot-4 1/2 and 222 pounds, Tuinei provides a massive target. In three seasons, he caught 108 passes for 1,212 yards and 12 touchdowns. As a senior, he had career highs in receptions (48), yards (599), touchdowns (10) and average (11.2 per reception). He closed his career by being named the Rose Bowl’s top offensive player after riddling Wisconsin for eight catches for 158 yards and two touchdowns.

Tuinei is projected to be an undrafted free agent, according to NFL scout Dave-Te Thomas. His physical attributes, however, are highly intriguing and easily could move him into Day 3. Among receivers in this draft who are at least 6-foot-3, Tuinei boasts:

— The fourth-fastest 40, at an average of 4.52 seconds at his pro day.

— The second-longest broad jump, at 126 inches.

— The fastest three-cone drill at 6.71 seconds, a figure that would have ranked third among all receivers at the Scouting Combine.

— The second-fastest 20-yard shuttle at 4.12 seconds.

On an Oregon offense that ran the ball 62 percent of the time, Tuinei made the most of his opportunities. Of the 15 touchdown catches by the Ducks’ receivers, Tuinei hauled in 10 of them.

“I just feel like I didn’t get the opportunities like they did,” Tuinei said of the draft’s other big receivers. “Coming from an offense that ran it (62) percent of the time, the opportunities were limited. I just tried to make plays as much as I could whenever the ball came my way.” http://gnb.scout.com/2/1180923.html
His dad, Van Tuinei, was an NFL player.

House
07-15-2012, 10:45 AM
Lavasier Tuinei looks like a serious redzone weapon (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__6dwDilIl4&feature=colike). 6'5" and ran a 4.5, he has good hands and fantastic body control. I think he's going to make it tough for Obo or Butler to make this team. I'm excited.

http://gnb.scout.com/2/1180923.html
His dad, Van Tuinei, was an NFL player.

I am hearing he could be the "surprise" guy. When he was signed, there were talks about him becoming a "TE-convert" and then we traded for Winslow. Hopefully he makes a push and sticks around. May the best guys win and make this team better

seasun62
07-15-2012, 11:34 AM
I had a feeling BMW was gone. IMO, Kris Durham will lineup #2 opposite Rice with Baldwin in the slot.

I think, in Pete Carroll's mind, that would be the ideal scenario. Durham brings a dynamic weapon that could be very deadly given the single coverage he'll certainly see.

Seattle4Ever
07-15-2012, 02:18 PM
Durham is taller and his 40 was faster :shrug:

I'm glad we have a lot of bodies at WR that are talented. We have depth.

ztilzer31
07-16-2012, 01:23 AM
Durham is taller and his 40 was faster :shrug:

I'm glad we have a lot of bodies at WR that are talented. We have depth.

No matter how talented they are, we still have little to no experience at the WR position. We need a veteran IMO. T.O. anyone? Lol JK.

I definitely wouldn't count WR as a strength though. We're average at best at that position IMO.

Rice-Needs to be healthy

BMW- Fat and gone

Obo- Average

Butler- Below Average

Lockette- Talented but unproven.

Baldwin- One good season doesn't mean he'll be good this one too. Although he's smart so I doubt he'll fall off.

Durham- Talented, but unproven

That's a **** load of ???? I think. We need a veteran IMO.

Seattle4Ever
07-16-2012, 02:44 AM
You forgot Tate, and Butler is not below average.

Bates and Tuinei also.

NateyB24
07-16-2012, 11:54 AM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=114&f=1936&t=9144351

Isn't that by just some forum poster though? In my opinion he was cut more due to the injury he suffered he hasn't been able to practice at all.

Makes me wonder if the FO didn't think he was going to stay healthy or be able to start and WR is our deepest position.

Weight could be the issue though i did see a video on the Real Rob Report where he didn't look like he was in real good shape but i would like to see something more official before jumping to that conclusion.

clang7777
07-16-2012, 12:27 PM
From what I've heard, the Seahawks plan on waiting a year on Wilson. He had great mini camps, but he still needs to learn the playbook. If you look at recent Carroll interviews he doesn't outright say it, but he definitely makes it seem like it's down to a two man race.

I think he could definitely take it next year though. Even though he's extremely smart, and capable I think ANY QB (including RG3 and Luck) should sit a year. Get comfortable ya know? The way fans are nowadays he'll get booed out of town for one poor season. Especially this year when expectations are so high. I don't think he'll see a start all season. Tarvaris will be kept one more year at the #2, and Wilson will take control (of either the back up or starting job) next season.

You're right, in most towns... Not Seattle though; we have the be one of the sofest sports towns in the country. :rolleyes:

ztilzer31
07-16-2012, 01:02 PM
You forgot Tate, and Butler is not below average.

Bates and Tuinei also.

That's just an IMO. I haven't liked Butler for awhile. He's fast with subpar hands IMO. I really don't know where to put Tate. He's had spot of good things to come, but he's yet to show consistency. I just wouldn't call it a strength.

I don't know anything about Phill Bates and Tunei. They're undrafted free agents, and I don't think there's even a guarantee they'll make the team. I don't want to grade them before I see them play in the NFL.

Seattle4Ever
07-16-2012, 03:33 PM
Actually, weird that you say consistency is a problem with Tate.

He didn't drop one ball deemed "catchable" the whole entire season in '11. Only WR in the league to do it. It is a smaller sample size (35), but Obomanu had 45 catchable balls and he dropped 8. Devin Hester had LESS (30), and dropped 4.

This wasn’t exactly the biggest surprise in the world as Tate has only dropped one ball (Week 13 versus Carolina in 2010) since entering the league. His perfect Drop Rate score just adds to our feeling (he scored a +5.2 for his receiving) that Tate’s playing time in 2012 needs to replicate the end to his 2011, and not the beginning.

FWBrodie
07-16-2012, 04:36 PM
I think Tate is on the brink of a major breakout season.

Seattle4Ever
07-16-2012, 04:54 PM
I think so too.

FWBrodie
07-16-2012, 05:04 PM
He's fat, lazy, old, and injured. Pete Carroll got through to him and got him to give a **** for one season. After that, Mike went back to the laziness that has followed him throughout his career. With an injury making staying in shape more difficult, you just knew he wasn't going to put in the extra effort it was going to take. We've got a bunch of guys who don't need to be babied and pushed every step of the way. Mike knew it was coming, he knew he'd gained weight and played poorly last season. In Pete Carroll's locker room either you're in or you're not.

furmat60
07-16-2012, 08:40 PM
I think Tate is on the brink of a major breakout season.

Oh hell yes. He's finally got his route running down. He's going to have a helluva year this year.

ztilzer31
07-17-2012, 12:25 AM
Actually, weird that you say consistency is a problem with Tate.

He didn't drop one ball deemed "catchable" the whole entire season in '11. Only WR in the league to do it. It is a smaller sample size (35), but Obomanu had 45 catchable balls and he dropped 8. Devin Hester had LESS (30), and dropped 4.

I meant consistency in production not dropped balls. By that I mean he doesn't string together a lot of good games in a row. Maybe if he earns the #2 spot he'll show what he can really do. He didn't seem to be targeted too much last season in the first place.

SEAbeliever
07-17-2012, 01:46 AM
He'll be back, just not at the same salary on his contract. They pulled this for cap insurance, because why? Why the hell not? If you aren't pulling your weight, you don't get to hold any in turn...Survival of the fittest, it's a beautiful universal truth.

Good call, Pete, you crafty bastard!

Seattle4Ever
07-17-2012, 03:19 AM
I meant consistency in production not dropped balls. By that I mean he doesn't string together a lot of good games in a row. Maybe if he earns the #2 spot he'll show what he can really do. He didn't seem to be targeted too much last season in the first place.

I thought he produced a good amount for what his role was :shrug:

ztilzer31
07-17-2012, 12:26 PM
I thought he produced a good amount for what his role was :shrug:

Yeah. He made plays where they counted. I'll have to look at some of last years games again when I get some time. See how his route running has progressed because he wasn't very good at the beginning of his career. Getting picked on by Sherman and Browner for a year must make you a pretty strong player/guy considering both of them like to talk a lot during practice, and they're both great corners. If he's still on the team, and still in the mix he has to of gotten better.

ztilzer31
07-17-2012, 12:31 PM
I don't think he's old or injured, but if he came in out of shape he shouldn't be playing football anymore

NateyB24
07-17-2012, 01:48 PM
Besides the injury that's just speculation though i don't want to judge a guy without something offical saying his weight is what got him cut because he hasn't been able to practice at all with the leg injury.

FWBrodie
07-17-2012, 04:55 PM
Tate's hands. (http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d824a8074/Week-13-Can-t-Miss-Play-A-Golden-catch)
TD, nice little route. (http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d8248637a/QB-Jackson-to-WR-Tate-15-yd-pass-TD)
YAC (http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d82529fab/Tate-won-t-go-down)
TD vs SF (http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d8222417d/A-TD-for-Tate)
Punt return. (http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d821edf48/Special-Tate)
Slot, Baldwin outside. (http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d821edc75/Tate-s-golden-reception)

FWBrodie
07-17-2012, 05:02 PM
This is a Bilitnikoff Award winner, with strong hands, an extremely low center of gravity that makes him very hard to tackle, and 4.4 flat speed. We knew he was raw as a route runner, and found out he was probably a little immature as well, but after two seasons, several flashes of his upside, and consistently turning his opportunities into production, it's time for him to put it all together. I think he's our future kick/punt returner, a guy who can be counted on to make tough catches, a gimmicky guy that can be involved in a lot of ways, and probably our best big play threat. Earlier in the offseason I predicted 8 TD's for Tate this year.

FWBrodie
07-17-2012, 05:04 PM
Look at his face. He's fatter. He was awful last season. That isn't speculating.

Seattle4Ever
07-17-2012, 05:21 PM
He runs like a RB once the ball is in his hands, and he represents our big play threat.

House
07-17-2012, 08:43 PM
I see Golden Tate playing a similar role to Percy Harvin. Hopefully he puts it all together this season!

Seattle4Ever
07-17-2012, 09:24 PM
Exactly. They're comparable but Harvin is more proven. More explosive. Migraines, though.

ztilzer31
07-18-2012, 01:16 PM
He does make a good point though Brodie. There hasn't been an official weight brought in by the Seahawks (although I don't recall anytime where a team reported someone weight when releasing them). This could of been more to do with his laziness on the football field, and the fight that happened a few weeks ago. I heard he wasn't in the greatest shape, but he definitely didn't look like he did for Detroit or Oakland.

FWBrodie
07-18-2012, 07:46 PM
The Seahawks were ranked the world's 25th most valuable sports team in Forbes top 50. The 49ers were 26th, booyah.

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mli45ikdf/25-seattle-seahawks-2/#gallerycontent

House
08-01-2012, 02:37 AM
John Carlson injured in Vikings practice... I hope its nothing that keeps him out
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/31/john-carlson-suffers-sprained-mcl-in-vikings-practice/

NateyB24
08-03-2012, 06:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2tKQVQSNRA

Saw this on the main forum and thought it was pretty funny Marshawn when he was a HighSchooler lol.

House
08-04-2012, 10:16 PM
Robert Gallery retired today. Wish he could've stayed healthy for us. Releasing him was a great idea.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/04/robert-gallery-retires/

House
08-05-2012, 12:37 PM
No rumors or anything, but with Greg Childs going down for the year, the Vikings will more than likely be looking for WR help. Trade Obomanu for a late rd pick?
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/05/vikings-confirm-two-torn-patellar-tendons-for-greg-childs/

NateyB24
08-05-2012, 02:22 PM
I really don't care who get's that last spot i am a fan of either Obo or Butler but it seem's like every year Obo has been thought of as a guy who is going to get released and he doesn't just find it funny.

ztilzer31
08-06-2012, 11:53 AM
Seahawks released Antonio Bryant today, and also are taking a look at TO. I think that proves we aren't happy with the talent/experience at the WR position right now.

D1JM
08-10-2012, 06:43 PM
Robinson: "Very explosive. He is a guy that can run sideline to sideline. He's learning. He's still a young guy learning how to get off blocks in the National Football League. But he is going to be another special player one day. I call him a baby Patrick Willis because I hadn't seen a linebacker move like that since Pat."

Reporter: "Really?"

Robinson: "I mean, it's the truth. I've been against both of them. He's fast, he's explosive and again, just the way he slips blocks and it seems like he is always going toward the ball. He's not worried about getting blocked. He's learning. Obviously, he is still young. But he definitely has the ability."

link (http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/71125/ex-49er-sees-baby-patrick-willis-in-seattle)

NateyB24
08-11-2012, 12:49 AM
link (http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/71125/ex-49er-sees-baby-patrick-willis-in-seattle)

I would like to see it on the field first lol but it was pretty funny 49er fans weren't to happy about this were mad at Sando.

Burleson81
08-11-2012, 02:51 AM
And apparently he's a fan of the Lakers and Raphael the Ninja Turtle. :D

http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-player/Bobby-Wagner-Camp-life-NBA-analyst-Turtle-Power/13ed7532-c71c-4e0c-96a1-74c0b0e9728d

jej
08-11-2012, 03:35 AM
Is Ruud still with us? If so, what's his role? Backup? OLB?

NateyB24
08-11-2012, 10:54 AM
Is Ruud still with us? If so, what's his role? Backup? OLB?

Yes he is still with the team don't know what role he will play though.

Seattle4Ever
08-11-2012, 01:41 PM
Ruud will compete for the MLB job and if he doesn't get it, expect him to get a Matt McCoy type role, with more snaps in sub packages.

seahawks509
08-11-2012, 06:26 PM
Hey what are the odds that Tyrann Mathieu slips down to the 2nd 3rd round now that he got kicked off and is going to a smaller school and we grabbing him? He would add so much more to our secondary. That's if he decides to leave this year.

Seattle4Ever
08-11-2012, 06:33 PM
There's a chance he doesn't even get drafted. I heard Honey Badger failed 7 drug tests.

seahawks509
08-11-2012, 11:26 PM
There's a chance he doesn't even get drafted. I heard Honey Badger failed 7 drug tests.

DAMN, what a waste. He has amazing talent. He's not great in coverage but he can make plays. That sucks for him.

Seattle4Ever
08-12-2012, 01:00 AM
I'd most certainly take a flyer on him.

shen
08-15-2012, 01:25 PM
http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2012/08/15/morning-links-is-jackson-trade-bait/

I don't know how much we could get for him. I only see 3 teams where he is an upgrade at starter. Though I see 13-15 teams he would be upgrade at #2 QB. Prob be a late round pick like 6 or 7.

ccg34
08-15-2012, 02:02 PM
We should just release or trade T Jack as soon as possible. I remember last year PC and JS were complaining how T Jack was jerked around and how he was mishandled. I think it is better just to release him and let him catch on with a different team. He played solid and took a beating in the early weeks as a Seahawk. He has done nothing wrong here. He has handled this competition professionally. Let him go. We are screwing him over. If you are afraid he might go to the Cards, then your confidence in this team is very low.

House
08-15-2012, 07:50 PM
We should just release or trade T Jack as soon as possible. I remember last year PC and JS were complaining how T Jack was jerked around and how he was mishandled. I think it is better just to release him and let him catch on with a different team. He played solid and took a beating in the early weeks as a Seahawk. He has done nothing wrong here. He has handled this competition professionally. Let him go. We are screwing him over. If you are afraid he might go to the Cards, then your confidence in this team is very low.

He's not being jerked around... He underperformed and like many of is can agree upon, the offense has outgrown him. We have the opportunity to muster something up for the guy. May not be much, but something is better than nothing.

His *****ing and complaining about playing time/reps was within his own grasp.

shen
08-21-2012, 02:09 AM
This is not really news but as we don't have a off topic thread good as place as any.

Anyone else notice the drastic increase in snaps that starters are getting in preseason? most years starters get a series or two, most starters in league are starting entire half's this year. Anyone think it is coaches trying to compensate for reduced practices?

Burleson81
08-21-2012, 03:13 AM

Seahawks is a classy and professionally run team. Yet this is still a business. Rumors say they are looking to trade TJack. If so, why not get compensation, it's their right to do so with any player under contract.

NateyB24
08-22-2012, 03:15 PM
Schneider: "Golden Tate has had his best camp since we've been with him. He's learned more football. He's a better route runner." #SEAHAWKS

http://twitter.com/AdamSchein/status/238324639506522112

Schneider: "This is not about Matt Flynn right now. This is about Russell Wilson forcing the issue. He's been dynamic." #SEAHAWKS

http://twitter.com/AdamSchein/status/238321666944536576

FWBrodie
08-22-2012, 03:44 PM
Beautiful quotes.

NateyB24
08-22-2012, 07:15 PM
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/526109_10150985667646722_1168414207_n.jpg

Sidney Rice back in practice and expected to play Friday.

https://twitter.com/IanKJR/status/238406292480327680

NateyB24
08-22-2012, 07:38 PM
I saw pictures of Flynn in practice today but i heard he didn't throw because of a "tired arm" on KJR is he upset that he isn't getting the job? I have never heard of a QB having a tired arm before.

FWBrodie
08-22-2012, 10:00 PM
I saw pictures of Flynn in practice today but i heard he didn't throw because of a "tired arm" on KJR is he upset that he isn't getting the job? I have never heard of a QB having a tired arm before.

I have.

NateyB24
08-22-2012, 10:50 PM
I have.

Ahh i see thanks i have heard of older guys being kept from practice so they don't tire there arm out but never really seen it with the younger QB's.

FWBrodie
08-23-2012, 02:10 PM
Man, Baldwin had surgery on his hammy. Bet Butler makes the team now for sure.

NateyB24
08-23-2012, 03:42 PM
Matt Flynn didn't practice again because of a tired arm can we trust him to play during the regular season if he is going to suffer from this??

shen
08-23-2012, 04:13 PM
I think they just using that as reason why he not getting snaps. Either that or he has a very serious issue we don't know about. No chance a QB should have issues after just 2 preseason games of 4 yard passes.

shen
08-23-2012, 04:14 PM
Hell I need shoulder surgery and even I would be fine after the two games he has had.

ccg34
08-23-2012, 05:40 PM
If Russell gets named the starter, I could see Flynn getting traded. He will be unhappy here. He left GB so he could be a starter. He wants that opportunity to be a franchise qb. Maybe he told Schneider to try to move him if he doesn't get the job. They don't want to risk his health like T Jack.

furmat60
08-23-2012, 10:32 PM
Wilson will NOT be the starter this year. I can guarantee it. There is no way he will throw in a rookie QB in there when we have Flynn.

FWBrodie
08-23-2012, 11:41 PM
I have no idea how you could possibly say that. You're acting as if Flynn is an established player. The Dolphins are starting a QB who became a QB two years ago over two very experienced veterans. Wilson was a decorated 4-year starter who set the NCAA record in passing efficiency. Flynn started one season at LSU and has two NFL starts. That claim is way overboard.

shen
08-24-2012, 12:28 AM
Wilson will NOT be the starter this year. I can guarantee it. There is no way he will throw in a rookie QB in there when we have Flynn.

Not even if Wilson is better? If so then he is not the right coach.

shen
08-24-2012, 12:40 AM
Man, Baldwin had surgery on his hammy. Bet Butler makes the team now for sure.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawksblog/2018979076_clarification_o_1.html?syndication=rss

Not surgery, just had blood drawn.

FWBrodie
08-24-2012, 12:15 PM
Captains. The players will vote on the captains for the regular season. But it’s up to Seahawks coach Pete Carroll to determine the captains for each preseason game.

“Those are kind of randomly selected at the last second, when I remember to do it,” Carroll said.

But the honor still means a lot to those randomly selected, last-minute selections.

Against the Titans in the preseason opener, former Titans defensive lineman Jason Jones was a co-captain, along with veteran linebacker Leroy Hill, Pro Bowl fullback Michael Robinson and Heath Farwell, who led the league in special teams tackles last season.

“It meant a lot. Actually, it was my first time being a captain,” said Jones, who played the previous four seasons with the Titans. “I told coach Carroll after the game and before the game that I appreciate that. Going up against my old team, that meant a lot to me. It was cool.”

Against the Broncos last week, former Broncos kicker Steven Hauschka joined center Max Unger and nose tackle Brandon Mebane at midfield for the pre-game coin toss.

“It’s always nice to go out there and do the coin toss,” said Unger, who won it by calling tails which allowed the Seahawks to defer taking the kickoff until the second half. “Tails never fails.

“It was awesome.”
http://blog.seahawks.com/2012/08/23/thursday-in-hawkville-calling-all-captains/
Pete Carroll sure knows how to build his guys up.

With Alan Branch (knee) and Jones (knee) watching, rookie Greg Scruggs got some work as the three-technique tackle with the No. 1 defensive line.

Interesting that Scruggs got the first look at 3 tech over Howard or even McDonald.

jej
08-24-2012, 12:35 PM
Who do you think the caps will be? I'd say starting QB, Red, and maybe Farwell? Jon Ryan?

Burleson81
08-24-2012, 01:27 PM
What was that movie where they sent the whole team out to call the coin toss?

jej
08-24-2012, 01:39 PM
Remember the titans? I don't know.

NateyB24
08-24-2012, 03:38 PM
I thought Jones was sick so it was a knee injury?

FWBrodie
08-29-2012, 11:45 AM
KJ Wright just said he'd bet his paycheck that Bruce Irvin gets 10 sacks this year.

shen
08-29-2012, 01:13 PM
I will take that bet. Not because I doubt his talent but 10 sacks is a lot and he has Clemons ahead of him.

NateyB24
08-29-2012, 02:26 PM
I have seen people freaking out about this not on this forum or anything but what they have to realize is that Pete isn't throwing the kitchen sink at anyone until the regular season and Jason Jones has been out which i think will make a huge difference.

I have also seen some compare him to Curry all the athleticism but doesn't know how to use it and that is dumb i have seen Irvin in the backfield causing havoc just hasn't gotten to the QB yet.

The coaching staff does need to tell Irvin to stop trying to bull rush tackles though use your speed and get around them.

shen
08-29-2012, 02:36 PM
I read an article other day about Irvin and people making bad assumptions because lack of sacks or tackles. Talking about how tackles are misleading at best case.

NateyB24
08-29-2012, 02:56 PM
I read an article other day about Irvin and people making bad assumptions because lack of sacks or tackles. Talking about how tackles are misleading at best case.

Yea, I think QB pressures are more important could lead to an errant throw pick 6 to Earl Thomas.

FWBrodie
08-29-2012, 03:34 PM
As a d end his job is more to turn plays inside than to make tackles. A sack this week would be nice though.

ztilzer31
08-29-2012, 08:36 PM
I think Bruce needs to develop a move to the inside. Whether its a spin move after starting to the outside or whatever. He can't expect to get the edge every time on good tackles in the NFL. He'll tear up the nobodies, but he'll need to develop a second move if he wants to be a premier rusher.

I don't have a problem with Bull rushing as long as he uses his speed to get the tackle off balanced first. He just hasn't seemed to put it together quite yet, but we knew going into the pick that he was a very athletic special talent that needed to be coached up. Even Bruce knew that.

jej
08-29-2012, 10:52 PM
Peter King picked him for DROY.

Seattle4Ever
08-30-2012, 02:11 PM
^ Yeah I saw that.

House
09-02-2012, 02:07 PM
Kris Durham just signed on to DET's PS. I wish him well, really had high hopes for him
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/02/kris-durham-joins-lions-practice-squad/

ztilzer31
09-16-2012, 02:10 PM
Just throwing this out there, but Mario Williams looks like crap.

House
09-18-2012, 12:27 AM
We apparently signed a CB today... My guess is he'll spend time in the NB spot

Seattle4Ever
09-18-2012, 01:42 AM
Danny Gorrer. Sounds like a good pickup.

Boozerguy47
09-18-2012, 06:47 AM
Why would be see time in the Nickel package? Something wrong with Tru?

House
09-18-2012, 09:42 AM
Why would be see time in the Nickel package? Something wrong with Tru?

From what ive read on the guy, Gorrer is very fluid. Trufant looked to get beat off the line quote a few times and ET/Kam bailed him out a few times.

He could also have been signed due to Maxwell getting hurt.

Boozerguy47
09-18-2012, 06:48 PM
I can't find any updates on Thurmond. Anyone hear anything? I assume that his broken leg from last season is still not fully healed...

kyuss275
09-18-2012, 11:40 PM
Lumpkin was released today to make room for Danny Gorrer.

Lockette and Allen Bradford were released from the practice squad.

Former hawks Kellen Winslow and Dion Branch were both signed by the Patriots today.

Seattle4Ever
09-19-2012, 12:10 AM
I don't even really care for Bradford.

jej
09-19-2012, 07:34 PM
Why Lockette tho?

NateyB24
09-19-2012, 10:11 PM
Why Lockette tho?

Poor route running although the bigger thing might be that he wasn't catching footballs like the first 3 days of camp.

Baller1
10-02-2012, 12:36 PM
On a positive note, Beast Mode leads the league in rushing after the first quarter of the season.

Seattle4Ever
10-02-2012, 09:23 PM
Really? Wow.

shen
10-02-2012, 11:43 PM
Yup. I noticed and was more then a little irked that people are more interested in fighting over our QB then talk about something positive.

NateyB24
10-03-2012, 01:30 AM
Yup. I noticed and was more then a little irked that people are more interested in fighting over our QB then talk about something positive.

I just hate when somebody wants to focus the blame on the QB when Caroll said it himself "It's not just one guy".

Would be different if this was T-Jack who couldn't lead a 4th Quarter comeback and continuously throw 50 feet over guys head but it isn't Wilson has been good enough in my opinion.

Boozerguy47
10-09-2012, 02:45 AM
Our defense has only given up 54 points through five games.

jej
10-09-2012, 09:21 AM
We are #1 defense in YPG too

ztilzer31
10-15-2012, 04:15 PM
Man. Another fan stabbed at a Niners game. What a bunch of morons.

Boozerguy47
10-15-2012, 04:54 PM
Wow... Some people just need to be shipped the hell out of this country.

ztilzer31
10-16-2012, 12:38 AM
This is part of the reason I hate the 49ers.

shen
10-16-2012, 07:19 AM

This is why I think we need to start removing teams from California not adding. Worst sports state by a mile.

kyuss275
10-16-2012, 10:24 AM

Pathetic. Sadly i will probably never make it to candlestick park to see a game because of these occurrences. Don't think i could enjoy the game knowing that at any minute i might get shanked.

FWBrodie
10-16-2012, 09:27 PM

Agreed. I was just talking my buddy out of going down there for the game and this happens. What a bunch of disgusting hoodrats. How humiliating it must be to be associated with that.

FWBrodie
10-16-2012, 09:28 PM
This is why I think we need to start removing teams from California not adding. Worst sports state by a mile.

By 100 miles.

Baller1
10-18-2012, 12:41 AM
What would you guys offer for Bowe?

Boozerguy47
10-18-2012, 03:51 AM
What does his current contract look like? If he only has one year I wouldn't offer more than maybe a third or fourth rounder.

House
10-19-2012, 12:51 AM
What does his current contract look like? If he only has one year I wouldn't offer more than maybe a third or fourth rounder.

Hes on a 1-yr Franchise tender of $9.5M. Id offer a conditional 3rd for him pending a 3-4yr/deal

Baller1
10-19-2012, 01:58 AM
Hes on a 1-yr Franchise tender of $9.5M. Id offer a conditional 3rd for him pending a 3-4yr/deal

I'd definitely be cool with that.

Boozerguy47
10-23-2012, 04:33 AM
What in the world happened to the Thurmond thread?

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll called it a "bonus Monday" practice as his players returned from a weekend off with fresh legs.

Following the session inside team headquarters in Renton, Carroll assigned his team to watch "Monday Night Football" between the Lions and Bears. Seattle plays at Detroit on Sunday, and Carroll believes there is value getting an introduction to the opponent through the television broadcast. The Seahawks also face Chicago this season.

Cornerback Walter Thurmond's long journey back from a broken leg is nearly complete. The former Oregon Duck is eligible to come off the team's physically unable to perform list. Thurmond practiced Monday and told reporters afterward he is eager to have coaches trust him enough to play on Sunday.

Carroll said guard John Moffitt practiced but wasn't sure whether his knee injury had progressed enough to play this week. Receiver Doug Baldwin was held out of the workout with an ankle injury.

http://mynorthwest.com/292/1778982/Seahawks-Thurmond-hopes-to-play-Sunday

Baller1
10-23-2012, 12:02 PM
I think House merged it into the Miscellaneous Thread.

House
10-29-2012, 10:20 PM
With the WR corps banged up, we could be looking at some roster changes. I'd be good with either Jermaine Kearse or Deon Butler

http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawksblog/2019555913_seahawksfacinguncertaintyatwidereceiver .html

House
11-06-2012, 12:30 AM
I forgot to mention this the other day. Lasavier Tuinei has been added to the Practice Squad to replace Jermaine Kearse. This kid has good size/speed (6'4", 220lbs/4.5). When we originally signed him as an UDFA, rumors were he could be used as a TE. I hope he does well and gets to see the field. I know it was only one game, but Kearse didn't do crap other drop a pass for an EASY 1st down.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/press/article-1/Seahawks-Add-Tuinei-to-Practice-Squad/56bf7189-b68f-49e1-86a6-8ec484424bb1

FWBrodie
11-06-2012, 01:21 AM
Great news.

Baller1
11-06-2012, 01:24 PM
As of right now, we're a wildcard team.

House
11-07-2012, 12:09 AM
Charly Martin was released today. More than likely for the activation of Thurmond.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/06/seahawks-release-charly-martin/

ccg34
11-07-2012, 04:20 AM
He played well in the preseason but he has been a nonfactor the whole year.

TeamSeattle
11-07-2012, 02:39 PM
Hmm was it for the activation of Thurmond? I thought it was because we signed Kearse up, but oh well maybe this will be for the best.

House
11-07-2012, 09:30 PM
Hmm was it for the activation of Thurmond? I thought it was because we signed Kearse up, but oh well maybe this will be for the best.

We have one open roster spot and its for Thurmond. Last week our roster was full. We then made 2 moves:

1. Placed Obomanu (WR) on IR and signed Kearse (WR)
2. We released Gorrer (CB) and signed Person (OT)

We released Martin (WR) to make room for Thurmond (CB). We typically only carry 3 OTs, but w/ Carpenter out w/ a concussion and Omiyale missing practice, we needed an additioal OL. I think things will remain quiet for a while. I have heard Tuinei was brought onto PS to get familiar with playbook and he could see the 53-man at some point

House
11-07-2012, 10:00 PM
Thurmond activated...
http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawksblog/2019631205_thurmond07.html

NateyB24
11-08-2012, 12:43 AM
Interesting that Kearse is still on the roster and Martin got put on the PS they must see something in Kearse that they like.

TeamSeattle
11-08-2012, 12:50 AM
Interesting that Kearse is still on the roster and Martin got put on the PS they must see something in Kearse that they like.

Well Sidney Rice was on tape saying he has the best hands of the WR core, so that might be a reason. I also heard he does really well in practice, its just in-game moments where he messes up. He seems to be trying to move before he catches the football; as its similar to when a player in basketball turns it over because they took their eyes off the ball.

FWBrodie
11-10-2012, 06:36 PM

You have to sign someone to the 53-man for a minimum of 3 weeks according to Mike Rob.

NateyB24
11-10-2012, 06:41 PM
You have to sign someone to the 53-man for a minimum of 3 weeks according to Mike Rob.

Oh i see thanks i was just wondering because he dropped a pass right on the money like he did a lot at UW.

Young Hunter
11-11-2012, 09:38 AM
Oh i see thanks i was just wondering because he dropped a pass right on the money like he did a lot at UW.

I only remember him being targeted twice, with one being that drop. Not much data on him yet. Seems like if he's going to drop perfect passes from Russell Wilson he'll fit right in with our other recievers.

House
11-11-2012, 12:55 PM
Here's an interesting stat... Okung has been penalized 10 times this year, but has given up 0 sacks.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/11/okung-emerges-in-year-three/

shen
11-11-2012, 09:02 PM
Here's an interesting stat... Okung has been penalized 10 times this year, but has given up 0 sacks.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/11/okung-emerges-in-year-three/

Several penaltys have been complete BS. However he is still best LT in the league when comes to protection. Ware and Cole had nightmares about him last year.

House
11-11-2012, 09:09 PM
Several penaltys have been complete BS. However he is still best LT in the league when comes to protection. Ware and Cole had nightmares about him last year.

Penalties that would negate a potential sack are acceptable in my eyes. A sack yields a loss of down and yardage. I get so PISSED when Giacomini gets a penalty though. Its usually a stupid unsportsman-like after a big play and negates it.

shen
11-11-2012, 09:15 PM
The 49ers he got called for offside what twice? both times he either did not do it or was reacting to 49er.

Burleson81
11-12-2012, 05:49 PM
What are the odds Cutler recovers from his concussion to play against the Niners this week?

Seattle4Ever
11-12-2012, 06:30 PM
I don't know, probably not good. Players with concussions usually sit out a game or two. Alex Smith is concussed too, though. That'd be great if Cutler played and Smith sat out.

furmat60
11-12-2012, 11:23 PM
I don't know, probably not good. Players with concussions usually sit out a game or two. Alex Smith is concussed too, though. That'd be great if Cutler played and Smith sat out.

It would be even more awesome if both sat out for a few weeks, yet the Bears still managed to win, then lose to us with Cutler still out. :D

House
11-12-2012, 11:50 PM
I am so glad we didn't sign him to a contract...
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/12/falcons-cut-ray-edwards/

Seattle4Ever
11-12-2012, 11:50 PM
Good point Furmat! :laugh:

ztilzer31
11-14-2012, 07:17 PM
It's crazy how this team is a top 5 team at home and then a bottom tier team on the road. I know the 12th man is big, but I think a lot of that is how young we are. We should at least make the playoffs this year with this talent... Beyond that is just bonus, but I want at least 1 playoff game.

shen
11-15-2012, 01:29 PM
http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2012/11/15/how-do-you-like-em-now-mel/

God's I hate this douche. He can't even just say "I was wrong" he does not have to say "I am a pretentious douche who knows nothing about football" like I want but at least admit to being wrong.

Seattle4Ever
11-15-2012, 10:30 PM
Kiper cannot evaluate talent.

House
11-15-2012, 11:58 PM
Mel Kiper is so far from right, he's left.

The guy is a Pompous clown. Opinions are like buttholes, everyone has one and his stinks. Lol

That dude NEVER admits to being wrong and for that reason, I ignore him

furmat60
11-16-2012, 05:00 AM
Mel Kiper is so far from right, he's left.

The guy is a Pompous clown. Opinions are like buttholes, everyone has one and his stinks. Lol

That dude NEVER admits to being wrong and for that reason, I ignore him

Yeah, **** Kiper. I loved it when Kiper and Gruden got in an argument on draft day when we were taking Wilson. Gruden said he would prove everyone wrong and that we stole him in the draft, and Kiper said he was nothing more than a project and could never be a starter.

Haha, funny how **** works out, huh?

NateyB24
11-16-2012, 05:46 PM
This is why i like Mayock he gives you the positives and negatives unlike the guys on ESPN who are just all negative when you don't go with what they think you should.

The only guy i can stand on Draft day on ESPN is Gruden thats about it can't really stand Kiper Jr. or MCcshay.

NateyB24
11-16-2012, 05:50 PM
“And Certainly Irvin, to see how he continues to play. Right now he’s one dimensional. He’s on the field only in pass-rush situations. So we’ll how he develops. So I think the jury is still out to see how they’ve done, but they’ve gotten a lot of numbers. They’ve gotten a lot of guys who have made the team, a lot of guys who have competed and given them some production. So right now, it’s a little better than I thought it would be.”

Read more here: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2012/11/15/how-do-you-like-em-now-mel/#storylink=cpy

I really don't see whats wrong with drafting a pure pass rusher isn't todays NFL all about throwing the football? Situational Pass Rushers have become valuable especially when your playing the Bradys and the Rodgers.

shen
11-16-2012, 05:54 PM
Read more here: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2012/11/15/how-do-you-like-em-now-mel/#storylink=cpy

I really don't see whats wrong with drafting a pure pass rusher isn't todays NFL all about throwing the football? Situational Pass Rushers have become valuable especially when your playing the Bradys and the Rodgers.

It was Kipers way of saying he over reacted and was wrong without admitting it.

alexander_37
11-16-2012, 05:57 PM
It was Kipers way of saying he over reacted and was wrong without admitting it.

It's Kipers way of still being a moron.

Burleson81
11-18-2012, 04:50 PM
I should be cheering for Detroit over Green Bay? Or Green Bay over Detroit? :confused: Stupid bye week!

TeamSeattle
11-18-2012, 07:15 PM
I should be cheering for Detroit over Green Bay? Or Green Bay over Detroit? :confused: Stupid bye week!

Yea sometimes I hate that the Seahawks are in the NFC. Now we have TB tied with us for the second wildcard. We just have to keep winning every week from here on out.

FWBrodie
11-18-2012, 10:51 PM
This is why i like Mayock he gives you the positives and negatives unlike the guys on ESPN who are just all negative when you don't go with what they think you should.

The only guy i can stand on Draft day on ESPN is Gruden thats about it can't really stand Kiper Jr. or MCcshay.

Mayock and Greg Cosell are the guys I go to for scouting.

FWBrodie
11-18-2012, 10:53 PM

Well we can damn sure cheer for the Bears tomorrow night.

furmat60
11-18-2012, 11:54 PM
Well we can damn sure cheer for the Bears tomorrow night.

It's going to hurt me, but I have to.

alexander_37
11-19-2012, 12:46 PM
Marshawn Lynch has eight carries with two or more players missing tackles on him, which is the most in the league.

On average, the 49ers have averaged 3.2 yards before their runner is contacted, thanks to a great run-blocking line. That is the highest rate in the league.

Imagine if we could build a line that good :drool:

Baller1
11-19-2012, 04:16 PM
Marshawn Lynch has eight carries with two or more players missing tackles on him, which is the most in the league.

On average, the 49ers have averaged 3.2 yards before their runner is contacted, thanks to a great run-blocking line. That is the highest rate in the league.

Imagine if we could build a line that good :drool:

Marshawn would legitimately average around 6 yards per carry.

alexander_37
11-19-2012, 04:32 PM
Marshawn would legitimately average around 6 yards per carry.

We need to bring in an Iupati style road grater

Okung
Carpenter
Unger
Mauler
average tackle not named Breno who doesn't get penalized often.

would be decent.

FWBrodie
11-19-2012, 09:06 PM
I disagree. We need to continue developing Moffitt and Breno.

Baller1
11-19-2012, 09:08 PM
I'm on the fence about Breno. His penalties sometimes are just ****ing unbearable.

FWBrodie
11-19-2012, 09:15 PM
Depth would be a wise choice.

Burleson81
11-20-2012, 01:55 AM
Damn Bears! Looks like we shall just have to beat the Niners ourselves. :D

shen
11-20-2012, 02:11 AM
I knew the 49ers would win. Marshall just is not same WR without Cutler and the 49ers are better without Smith.

Burleson81
11-20-2012, 03:07 AM
I knew the 49ers would win. Marshall just is not same WR without Cutler and the 49ers are better without Smith.

Let's hope the Saints can do better.

TeamSeattle
11-20-2012, 01:33 PM
I don't want to wish injury on any player but here's to me wishing we play the Bears with Jason Campbell as the starting QB.

FWBrodie
11-20-2012, 01:57 PM
I don't want to wish injury on any player but here's to me wishing we play the Bears with Jason Campbell as the starting QB.

I'll do it for you. Break your leg Jay.

FWBrodie
11-20-2012, 04:29 PM
Aaron Curry was cut today by the Raiders. HAHAHAHAHAHA

Baller1
11-20-2012, 06:49 PM

What an absolutely ****ing bust. Sucks to know we took him 4th overall.

TeamSeattle
11-20-2012, 09:01 PM
@Liz_Mathews
#Seahawks rookie Winston Guy had been suspended the next four games for violating NFL's policy on performance enhancing substances.

@Seahawks
Rookie safety Winston Guy suspended four games http://t.co/1dLoEtIG

Winston man you idiot, no wonder he couldn't even remember Romney's name on tha last realrobreport. You gotta be smarter than that.

FWBrodie
11-20-2012, 09:27 PM
Haven't seen that Guy on the field since like week one anyway.

Burleson81
11-21-2012, 12:02 AM

I remember last year when that Raider's fan was coming in here and saying Curry is a stud for them. I wonder what happened.

I also remember there was a debate whether Curry being overtly religious made him soft as a defensive player.

I think he just lacked football instincts.

shen
11-21-2012, 01:32 AM
Raiders fans over reacted. If watch the film he sucked for them even worse then he did for us. He completely missed tackles and was a huge liability. Only time he did something they cheered was when he injured a Chargers lineman which was pathetic and irritating on there part. He sucked last year, he sucked this year, he had injury issues and they would have had to pay him over 3mil next season so they cut him now.

alexander_37
11-21-2012, 11:39 PM
Kaepernick is now starting for the niners.

House
11-22-2012, 12:39 AM
With Winston Guy on the 4-game suspension list, Charly Martin has been activated to the 53-man roster... Yay

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/21/seahawks-promote-charly-martin-to-active-roster/

FWBrodie
11-22-2012, 02:43 PM
Yeah. I'm a fan.

FWBrodie
11-22-2012, 03:46 PM
Aaron Curry ‏@AaronCurry51

No longer a raider! On to my next venture! Expanding Gods territory

God will continue work wonders in my life! Focused on His purpose!!!

Need to go sign up for direct deposit! Still collecting a check #victorious

I always sit back and be like "man God got this"

This dude is a head case. What a tool.

shen
11-22-2012, 10:54 PM
Explains all those missed tackles, he expected God to do it for him.

Seattle4Ever
11-23-2012, 12:37 AM
:laugh:

House
11-23-2012, 01:29 PM
Our conditional pick we receive this year for Curry will more than likely be a 6th or 7th now. Damn him!

Seattle4Ever
11-23-2012, 07:20 PM
Better than nothing. I'm just glad he's gone now.

House
11-27-2012, 11:38 PM
Josh Portis was cut from the PS today.
http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2012/11/27/seahawks-cut-qb-portis-from-practice-squad/

ccg34
11-27-2012, 11:57 PM
Roy Lewis anyone. How is he doing?

FWBrodie
11-28-2012, 12:32 AM
Ouch. I'll miss Portis.

House
11-28-2012, 02:16 AM
Roy Lewis anyone. How is he doing?

He's on the IR.

Seattle4Ever
11-28-2012, 03:32 AM
Portis will be back. It will help once/if Flynn is gone.

Baller1
11-28-2012, 04:20 AM
Awww, I like Portis. Hope you're right S4E.

ccg34
11-28-2012, 04:30 AM
Portis is a luxury imo. We already got a good backup and a qbotf. He is not a big loss.

Boozerguy47
11-28-2012, 07:32 PM
Yeah, no point in holding onto Portis, especially since Wilson is just as young.

shen
11-29-2012, 03:18 PM
Anyone want McClain? I mean just last year he was talked about as a top LB and now new regime is sending him packing.

Seattle4Ever
11-29-2012, 09:45 PM
I've heard he's been playing like ****. He was playing really good, but I've seen a bunch of tweets from very credible people that say he's been probably THE worst starting MLB in the league.

Boozerguy47
11-29-2012, 09:56 PM
I saw some footage of him on ESPN today. Pretty horrendous.

Baller1
11-30-2012, 04:15 AM
I'd say it's worth a shot. I mean, obviously the talent is there... If we got him back up to speed, we'd be looking at KJ, Wags, and him for a long time.

Doubtful, but I wouldn't mind giving him a shot.

Can he play OLB?

shen
11-30-2012, 12:27 PM
Well he has been terrible this year but has new coach, regime, ownership, direction, scheme. Several starters got cut or traded for no other reason then hit reset button. Does no one think he finally just got depressed for having to play for the Raiders? If Pete can get true McClain it would be nice to have.

Baller1
11-30-2012, 02:19 PM
Doesn't matter anyway, looks like it was just a suspension anyway.

Baller1
12-03-2012, 12:18 AM
Any of you guys ESPN Insiders? There's an article called "How Dangerous Are the Seahawks?", and I really wanna read it.

Seattle4Ever
12-03-2012, 01:36 AM
I feel like Furmat gave us a free code to try it out for a month. I think he might be.

furmat60
12-03-2012, 05:00 AM
I feel like Furmat gave us a free code to try it out for a month. I think he might be.

Sadly, I am not :( Google "ESPN 1 month free trial" and you should be able to find a code easily :)

NateyB24
12-03-2012, 06:47 AM
RT @ESPN700Hans: Bronco Mendenhall could leave BYU. My source says 60% chance. Coaches of interest: Darrell Bevell,Ken Niumatalolo,Andy Reid

https://twitter.com/ScottEnyeart/status/275416297590910976

Interesting i wonder if we would pay Bevell enough to stay remember Tom Cable hand picked Bevell or had a say in it at least they should cross Andy Reid off that list though some NFL team will give him a shot if he is fired to much success.

Seattle4Ever
12-03-2012, 02:13 PM
If it isn't broke, don't fix it.

Pay Bevell.

alexander_37
12-03-2012, 08:45 PM
If it isn't broke, don't fix it.

Pay Bevell.

A trip to the gas chamber.

Seattle4Ever
12-03-2012, 10:28 PM
The lid is off. Our offense is working fine.

House
12-03-2012, 10:58 PM
I live in SoCal and something was mentioned on the radio today.

The question was posed about Norv Turner's future in SD and if he was fired, an OC might be something several teams would look at him as.

Here it is... IF Bevell were to leave, thoughts on Turner?

Seattle4Ever
12-03-2012, 11:25 PM
He's put out quality offenses on the field before.