PDA

View Full Version : Mavericks trade Tyler Zeller to Cavs for 24th, 33rd, 34th picks

LTBaByyy
06-28-2012, 09:20 PM
Just said on ESPN

@chadfordinsider Chad Ford
So to sum up Zeller to Cavs for Cleveland's 24, 33, 34 picks.

Mr.B
06-28-2012, 09:29 PM
I have a feeling it's about to get really ugly at the American Airlines Center this year.

BALKIS2K12
06-28-2012, 10:08 PM
yeah i feel sorry for the mavs man. they took another roddy beabouis pg with gereald green-itis

cubes sure loves them 6"4 pgs with low b-ball iq.

Ebbs
06-28-2012, 11:53 PM
So it was actually a great move but than we made stupid picks. If they drafted Perry + anyone else would have jumped for ****ing joy. They butchered their selections though.

Jenceman
06-29-2012, 12:26 AM
I like the move for the Cavs, they have some somewhat decent pieces that can grow around Kyrie.

NYG 2000
06-29-2012, 01:19 AM
I like the move for the Cavs, they have some somewhat decent pieces that can grow around Kyrie.

Agreed

drobe86
06-29-2012, 08:36 AM
I have a feeling it's about to get really ugly at the American Airlines Center this year.

:facepalm:Not at all... The NBA Draft means nothing. Unless you have a top 5 pick. The rest of these guys won't amount to anything in the NBA anyway. This isn't the NFL Draft where you can find talent in the mid-late rounds. Outside of the top 5 you may get a rotation player if that. Think about this, bums like Shane Battier were taken at 6, Shelden Williams was drafted at 5, Marvin Williams was drafted number 2. Darko was drafted number 2. The NBA Draft is pointless unless you're in the top 5.

Swashcuff
06-29-2012, 08:49 AM
:facepalm:Not at all... The NBA Draft means nothing. Unless you have a top 5 pick. The rest of these guys won't amount to anything in the NBA anyway. This isn't the NFL Draft where you can find talent in the mid-late rounds. Outside of the top 5 you may get a rotation player if that. Think about this, bums like Shane Battier were taken at 6, Shelden Williams was drafted at 5, Marvin Williams was drafted number 2. Darko was drafted number 2. The NBA Draft is pointless unless you're in the top 5.

This is the truth. Outside of the top 5 you only find BUMS like Amar'e Stoudemire, Manu Ginobili, Dirk Nowitzki, Paul Pierce, Shawn Marion, Tony Parker, Zach Randolph, Joe Johnson, Monta Ellis, Michael Redd, etc

An that's just a handful of the bums from the last decade +

In the NFL however you see guys like Jemarcus Russell going at #1 and you're always certain that they are going to be great right? :clap:

Your post is pointless. Their are HOFers who weren't drafted in the first round (Willis Reed, Dennis Johnson, Dennis Rodman, etc) so I honestly don't get what you're saying.

97NYer
06-29-2012, 08:51 AM
When the Mavs drafted Zeller I thought they were extremely fortunate that he had fallen to them and he would be their center of the future. I really don't understand trading him for 3 potential role players at best.

Heatcheck
06-29-2012, 12:35 PM

Really?

just in the 2nd round: Willis Reed, Manu, Monta Ellis, Rodman, Mo Cheeks, Danny Ainge, Hornacek, Hal Greer, Alex English, Ceballos, Rashard Lewis, Mark Price, Boozer, Arenas, Michael Redd, Jerome Kersey. Manute Bol, Rick Mahorn, Steve Kerr, Marc Gasol, Pj Brown, Nate Mcmillan, Antonio Davis, Doc Rivers, Van Exel, dennis Johnson, Kukoc, George Mcguinnis, K.C. Jones.

Corey
06-29-2012, 12:37 PM

:eyebrow:

netsgiantsyanks
06-29-2012, 12:44 PM

shane battier was far from a bum in his prime.

netsgiantsyanks
06-29-2012, 12:45 PM
he probably wanted zeller and is trying to hide it.

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-29-2012, 12:52 PM

........Good luck with that Brain Deficiency.