PDA

View Full Version : Lamar Odom And Mo Williams Traded.

MetroMan
06-28-2012, 08:53 PM
ESPNChrisPalmer chris palmer
Report: Lamar Odom to the Clippers. Mo Williams to the Jazz. (Dallas Morning News)

MetroMan
06-28-2012, 08:58 PM
http://www.nba.com/2012/news/06/28/three-team-trade.ap/?ls=iref:nbahpt2
Lamar Odom is headed back to Los Angeles for a second chance with the Clippers and Mo Williams will be reunited with the Utah Jazz, a person with knowledge of the deal said Thursday night.

shep33
06-28-2012, 09:43 PM
So do the Clips take on Odom's 8-9 mill?

Punk
06-28-2012, 09:46 PM
Good trade. Keep building around Paul/Griffin.

KingBossLAL4L
06-28-2012, 09:50 PM
Pointless to comment

Mr.B
06-28-2012, 09:50 PM

I believe they do.

Cracka2HI!
06-28-2012, 09:54 PM

Yes but his contract is a wash with Mo. It didn't make sense to try to create cap space. They have exceptions on a few player they want to keep and to keep those exceptions would have just tied up the cap room. This is a good move, it locks up Odom and keeps them from having to use the MLE on him. No that Odom is in the fold, I expect Chauncey, Nick Young and Reggie Evans to be re-signed. The team would still have the MLE and BAE(if it still exists) to round out the roster. First good thing that has happened this offseason.

shep33
06-28-2012, 09:57 PM
I believe they do.

I don't like it for the Clips then in all truth. You don't know what your going to get out of Odom, I mean K-Mart can be more productive. You do know that Mo can shoot the ball, and score 13-14 ppg.

NBAFANATIC136
06-28-2012, 11:13 PM
Bad trade for the clippers, the Mavs are happy they get to dump a huge peice a **** who has no heart when not playing in LA

Cracka2HI!
06-28-2012, 11:14 PM
^ I like the deal. Mo was expendable. Bledsoe needs more minutes. We had to find a big that can hit a damn free throw! Odom isn't great but they won't go hacka-a-Odom. I think he will rebound in a big way. He's a diva. He's getting everything he and more importantly his wife wants if this trade goes through. More importantly he is in a contract year. I doubt he makes the Olympic team but that is good motivation too. He should be motivated this year. If the Clippers got a 6-10 6th man of year candidate for a 6' 6th man of the year candidate it's a really good trade!

WSUJJ
06-28-2012, 11:28 PM
Bad trade for the clippers, the Mavs are happy they get to dump a huge peice a **** who has no heart when not playing in LA

LA clippers............................

harlequin018
06-28-2012, 11:37 PM
LA clippers............................

LA Clippers play in LA??

Gritz
06-28-2012, 11:42 PM
Look at all the deletions lol

WSUJJ
06-28-2012, 11:43 PM
Yes...........

OutOfTHEBLUE
06-28-2012, 11:47 PM
It's a high risk, high reward move for the Clips IMHO.

As a Lakers fan I love LO and I hope he does well...just not against us.

Tanakid777
06-28-2012, 11:50 PM
ALL HAIL THE ALIEN OVERLORD XENU!!! (Cleveland Brown voice). But yeah, good riddance

Losoway
06-29-2012, 02:23 AM
watch ODOM play like the odom on the lakers

people just need to realize he did not wanna play for dallas . simple

pd1dish
06-29-2012, 02:38 AM
id rather have Mo. Lamar seems unstable and just a liability at times. and, frankly, i dont like his game too much. at least with Mo you get a great backup PG coming off the bench that can provide offense.

GREATNESS ONE
06-29-2012, 02:54 AM
Lol Avenged cleaned house.

I have mixed feelings about the trade.

Depending on what Odom the Clippers get, this deal might make a lot of sense for all teams.

theheatles
06-29-2012, 09:08 AM
LAC/MIA 2013 Finals

Chacarron
06-29-2012, 08:03 PM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-clippers-odom-20120629,0,7827656.story

With Mo Williams finally deciding Friday to exercise his $8.5-million contract option, the Clippers and Dallas Mavericks were able to agree to a four-team trade that will bring Lamar Odom back to the Clippers team that drafted him in 1999.

Williams will go to Utah and the Jazz will send the Mavericks a trade exception when the deal becomes offical, probably later today, said sources who were not authorized to speak publicly on the trade.

The Clippers will send the rights to their second-round draft pick, Furkan Aldemir, to the Houston Rockets as part of the deal.

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-29-2012, 08:11 PM
What's funny is that Mavs traded Chandler to the Knicks to get a TPE and that TPE was traded to the Lakers for Lamar Odom. That TPE will most likely expire in December.

But the Nets traded a TPE to Utah for Mehmet Okur, and now that TPE is going to Dallas so that Utah gets Mo and Clippers get Lamar.

Dallas lose a TPE to acquire Lamar, and now they gained a separate TPE to get rid of Lamar.

And in this process, they will have dealt with both LA teams, the Lakers and Clippers, for the soft mental case that is Lamar Odom. :laugh2:

Chronz
06-29-2012, 08:43 PM
Damn I missed the barrage of insults. Anyways, if Odom is even 70% of what he used to be, this is a big win for us. Good gamble I guess, but if hes done then we sold early.

Bruno
06-29-2012, 08:48 PM
i called mo williams for lamar odom last year before he was traded to dallas.

LAL needed a PG, LAC needed front court depth.

bummer for Laker fans, but this trade was inevitable. their contracts and personal situations just fit too well for the two of them to not be traded for each other.

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-29-2012, 08:52 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8113523/lamar-odom-traded-los-angeles-clippers-mo-williams-utah-jazz-four-team-trade

Lamar Odom will try to revitalize his career right back where he started.

The Dallas Mavericks traded Odom to the Los Angeles Clippers in part of a four-team trade Thursday.

The Clippers send guard Mo Williams to the Utah Jazz. Utah will use the trade exception it created in the Mehmet Okur deal with New Jersey this past season to take on Williams' contract.

The Mavericks also will create their own trade exception worth $8.2 million by shedding Odom's contract without taking any salary back.

Dallas will also receive the draft rights to forward Tadija Dragicevic from Utah and cash considerations from the Houston Rockets. The Clippers will send he draft rights to second-round pick Furkan Aldemir to Houston as part of the deal.

Dallas will also receive the draft rights to forward Tadija Dragicevic from Utah and cash considerations from the Houston Rockets. The Clippers will send he draft rights to second-round pick Furkan Aldemir to Houston as part of the deal.

KB-Pau-DH2012
06-29-2012, 08:53 PM
double post

FarOutIos
06-29-2012, 08:54 PM
So what's the over/under on how many times Odom will show up at the lakers practice by mistake...?

rickshaw
06-29-2012, 09:02 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5szsvONBZ1rrb9qm.gif

jetsfan28
06-29-2012, 09:11 PM
For the Clippers, Odom is an obvious upgrade over what they had, and Bledsoe is a good player who can take Williams' minutes. With Billups possibly returning too, they'll be fine at guard. Great chance to take.

Obviously a great deal for Dallas, and the picks are just a bonus. The trade exception is a bit less than the one they used to acquire Odom, but still enough to get a quality player. Cap space and trade exceptions are always good.

Williams is a nice piece for Utah. If they didn't have anything better to do with the trade exception, then this is a nice deal for them.

Houston buys Aldemir for cash, nothing really to say there

Great deal for everyone

DR_1
06-29-2012, 10:01 PM
Dang missed the fireworks

Clippersfan86
06-29-2012, 10:18 PM
For the Clippers, Odom is an obvious upgrade over what they had, and Bledsoe is a good player who can take Williams' minutes. With Billups possibly returning too, they'll be fine at guard. Great chance to take.

Obviously a great deal for Dallas, and the picks are just a bonus. The trade exception is a bit less than the one they used to acquire Odom, but still enough to get a quality player. Cap space and trade exceptions are always good.

Williams is a nice piece for Utah. If they didn't have anything better to do with the trade exception, then this is a nice deal for them.

Houston buys Aldemir for cash, nothing really to say there

Great deal for everyone

Great post. BTW some cap "experts" on here have been badmouthing the flexibility of the Clippers and how they aren't going to be able to keep growing/building but this is a great piece on their financial situation from a Hoopsworld article by Pincus half hour ago.

"The Clippers have about $59 million invested in nine players including Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordan, Caron Butler, Ryan Gomes, Eric Bledsoe, Trey Thompkins, Travis Leslie (partially guaranteed) and Odom.

The most LA can pay to Young without using their MLE is $4.4 million. Billups can be paid up to maximum, far, far more than he’ll get. Paul wants Chauncey to return, a factor not to be overlooked. Foye can get up to $7.4 million via his Early Bird Rights.

The Clippers can also look to bring back Reggie Evans, Kenyon Martin and/or Bobby Simmons.

Ultimately expect the Clippers to spend up to the luxury tax threshold, expected to be $70.3 million this coming season. If the team amnesties Ryan Gomes ($4 million), LA could have enough to spend on Billups and either Young or Foye (depending on price for Randy). The Clippers would still have room to use both their MLE and their Bi-Annual Exception (BAE)."

Basically Clippers can bring back Young AND Billups, then still have MLE and BAE. So in great great shape for a newly formed, up and coming contender.