PDA

View Full Version : Harden overrated? I don't think so

Bring The Heat
06-28-2012, 12:08 PM
I'm a heat fan and let me tell you Harden is no scrub. I be hearing a lot of PSD users bashing this guy now after the finals! The guy won 6th man of the year and was playing at an all-star level throughout the whole season as well the playoffs, excluding the finals. He made some big shots for OKC especially that dagger three against the San Antonio Spurs.

He's only what 23 years old? He's still young and can only improve his game. After having a bad finals against Miami, arguably the best defense in the NBA... he is overrated and garbage? I disagree.. LeBron had a disappearance in the finals and he bounced back.

Granted he does annoys the hell out of me with all his flopping and acting. But with that being said he is a great player maker, high IQ player, good shooter and passer.

Anyone else agree here?

Hawkeye15
06-28-2012, 12:09 PM
Not sure who thinks he is overrated. I guess it depends on how you rate him. He is a top 4-5 SG in the NBA.

StarvingKnick22
06-28-2012, 12:26 PM
:facepalm:

NYK4L
06-28-2012, 12:27 PM
I'm a heat fan and let me tell you Harden is no scrub. I be hearing a lot of PSD users bashing this guy now after the finals! The guy won 6th man of the year and was playing at an all-star level throughout the whole season as well the playoffs, excluding the finals. He made some big shots for OKC especially that dagger three against the San Antonio Spurs.

He's only what 23 years old? He's still young and can only improve his game. After having a bad finals against Miami, arguably the best defense in the NBA... he is overrated and garbage? I disagree.. LeBron had a disappearance in the finals and he bounced back.

Granted he does annoys the hell out of me with all his flopping and acting. But with that being said he is a great player maker, high IQ player, good shooter and passer.

Anyone else agree here?

Does Lebron's floping and acting annoy the hell outta you too?

Baller1
06-28-2012, 12:29 PM
People have basically been crucifying him for his Finals performance, yet he's only 22 years old... Not sure how people can justify that. He's young, it happens. We was still arguably a top 2-3 SG last season.

DRose7
06-28-2012, 12:37 PM
Not sure who thinks he is overrated. I guess it depends on how you rate him. He is a top 4-5 SG in the NBA.

Kobe, Manu, Dwade, Paul Pierce Joe Johnson all better than Harden. He'll prolly be 6th

StarvingKnick22
06-28-2012, 12:41 PM
Kobe, Manu, Dwade, Paul Pierce Joe Johnson all better than Harden. He'll prolly be 6th

pierce is a SF

knicks4life33
06-28-2012, 12:42 PM

I rather have harden over manu, pierce and joe johnson!

He is younger then all of them and is just going to get better and his contract cant get worse then what joe johnson got offered.

Hawkeye15
06-28-2012, 12:42 PM

Manu missed most the season. Pierce? Nope, not anymore (he is a SF anyways). Joe Johnson absolutely not.

Wade
Kobe
Harden
Manu

king4day
06-28-2012, 12:44 PM
I think people were saying he was overrated in the thread about okc going after the #2 pick. He's not. Id trade the entire suns team for him

Hawkeye15
06-28-2012, 12:49 PM
I think people were saying he was overrated in the thread about okc going after the #2 pick. He's not. Id trade the entire suns team for him

I would give up anyone but Love for him for my Wolves.

STL Don
06-28-2012, 12:55 PM

Manu...maybe 2-3 years ago, Paul Pierce? not a sg; Joe Johnson..eh, same answer as Manu..only Kobe and Wade are considered 'better', as of now.

b@llhog24
06-28-2012, 01:29 PM

A ton of people do, but probably just primacy bias.

:eyebrow:

Rubio?

mvb815
06-28-2012, 01:31 PM

i would hope so, he's better than everyone on that team except love. pending derrick williams' success

nobody is overrating harden, he's been pretty steady minus his finals performance

NYKnickFanatic
06-28-2012, 01:33 PM

Pierce is a SF. Joe Johnson? :laugh2: Come on.

I would say Manu and Harden are about even.

Sota4Ever
06-28-2012, 01:45 PM

WHAT??? Rubio??

Showtime Steve
06-28-2012, 02:20 PM
Who says he is overrated? He just needs to ball more instead of worrying about all the "extra" shi he does. He doesnt need to talk trash or do the sneaky stuff other players do. I think at times he got caught up in that and stopped playing the ball that he can.

Fnom11
06-28-2012, 02:36 PM
People have basically been crucifying him for his Finals performance, yet he's only 22 years old... Not sure how people can justify that. He's young, it happens. We was still arguably a top 2-3 SG last season.

He's not better than Wade, Kobe, or Gorden. Top4 at best.

rocket
06-28-2012, 02:45 PM

Are you ****ing kidding me? :laugh2:

Swashcuff
06-28-2012, 02:59 PM
Those that have said he's overrated are basically those that live in the moment. He had a subpar 3 games in the NBA Finals as a 22 year old and has been crucified for it. Quite foolish in all honesty since he was quite easily a top 5 SG in the NBA this past season (#3 IMO) despite coming off the bench in almost every single game this past season.

Anyone saying he's overrated must have had a conversation with one of the handful of posters we have here that do overrate him.

Hawkeye15
06-28-2012, 03:01 PM
WHAT??? Rubio??

for Harden? I think I would.

SteveNash
06-28-2012, 04:48 PM
Harden pads his stats by going against other bench players, and flopping to the free throw line along with the rest of his team. A Top 5 SG should be able to carry a team, Harden is nowhere near that.

Bring The Heat
06-28-2012, 04:52 PM
Who says he is overrated? He just needs to ball more instead of worrying about all the "extra" shi he does. He doesnt need to talk trash or do the sneaky stuff other players do. I think at times he got caught up in that and stopped playing the ball that he can.

I agree.. he needs to mature a bit and like you said just concentrate on balling and not trying to get into other players heads... He's 22 years old, mad young so with time he will learn

Hawkeye15
06-28-2012, 04:53 PM
Harden pads his stats by going against other bench players, and flopping to the free throw line along with the rest of his team. A Top 5 SG should be able to carry a team, Harden is nowhere near that.

the SG position is weak in today's NBA. Seriously, name more then 2 SG's who can "carry" a team.

Bring The Heat
06-28-2012, 04:56 PM

For being 22 years old he shown mad potential. He is in the game in the 4th quarter when the other team has starters on the floor. Usually good things happen for OKC when he has the ball in his hands bc he tends to make the right play whether is pass or shoot

jrm2054
06-28-2012, 04:56 PM
Harden is not overrated at all he has allstar potential

SteveNash
06-28-2012, 04:59 PM
the SG position is weak in today's NBA. Seriously, name more then 2 SG's who can "carry" a team.

Kobe, Wade, Joe Johnson

Hawkeye15
06-28-2012, 05:06 PM
Kobe, Wade, Joe Johnson

Joe Johnson? Really? The perennial "I go to sleep when the playoffs start" Joe Johnson?

Point is, saying Harden can't carry a team doesn't mean he isn't a top 3-4 SG.

Mutombolievable
06-28-2012, 05:10 PM
Are you ****ing kidding me? :laugh2:

A bit of an overreaction. These two perennial all stars are currently better than Harden

SteveNash
06-28-2012, 05:16 PM
Joe Johnson? Really? The perennial "I go to sleep when the playoffs start" Joe Johnson?

Point is, saying Harden can't carry a team doesn't mean he isn't a top 3-4 SG.

When has Johnson gone to sleep?

Role players don't get top status no matter how weak the position is. Where would you rank Ryan Anderson?

Hawkeye15
06-28-2012, 05:21 PM
When has Johnson gone to sleep?

Role players don't get top status no matter how weak the position is. Where would you rank Ryan Anderson?

I would take James Harden anyday over Joe Johnson. We are talking a SG that has been given the "elite" tag without ever posting a PER of 20, with his level of play falling off the charts in all but one playoff year, when he was still in Phoenix.

So Manu Ginoboli was never a top caliber shooting guard to you I take it? Kevin McHale was never in the running for top PF's for you? By your definition, both of these are true, no?

Showtime Steve
06-28-2012, 05:23 PM

I agree.. he needs to mature a bit and like you said just concentrate on balling and not trying to get into other players heads... He's 22 years old, mad young so with time he will learn

Yup. I wish he went to a more mature team because his game is dope.

Jarvo
06-28-2012, 07:07 PM
Does Lebron's floping and acting annoy the hell outta you too?

Oh gosh, Harden almost flops more then Griffin. Lebron flops but nowhere near as much as those two

Jarvo
06-28-2012, 07:10 PM
Harden is overrated also to me