PDA

View Full Version : Nets PG Deron Williams Officially Declines Player Option

StarvingKnick22
06-28-2012, 11:06 AM
:clap:

By Stefan Bondy / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Published: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 11:30 PM
Updated: Thursday, June 28, 2012, 12:52 AM

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/deron-williams-officially-declines-option-brooklyn-nets-hit-free-agency-article-1.1103704#ixzz1z6IuUv7b
Bring on Mark Cuban!

On the same day it was revealed that Deron Williams didn’t pick up his one-year player option officially setting the stage for a Nets-Mavericks battle for the NBA’s most coveted free agent GM Billy King said he isn’t concerned about the impending phone call from a certain persuasive Mavs owner.

King’s source of confidence? Seventeen months of preparation and a new $1 billion arena.

“It doesn’t worry me because we’re prepared,” said King, who traded rebuilding pieces for Williams last February. “We’ve done our work, and the ultimate goal is to have Deron playing, opening the Barclays Center next season. And we haven’t wavered on that.”

Williams’ decision to not pick up the contract option by last week’s deadline was expected, considering he can now either command a five-year deal from the Nets or a four-year deal elsewhere.

The point guard wants to announce his intentions quickly after becoming a free agent on Sunday, preferring to avoid the type of face-to-face meetings that helped villainize the decisions of LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh two summers ago.

But Cuban, who dissected a championship team to make a run at Williams, won’t go down without a fight (or, as Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov once challenged Cuban with, “a kickboxing throwdown.”)

“It’s part of the process. Mark Cuban will call him,” King said. “At the end of day, Deron’s going to play here or he’s going to play someplace else. I think we’ve done everything, prepared everything. Everything is mapped out. He sees what we have. He sees what they have. And he’s got to make a decision."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/deron-williams-officially-declines-option-brooklyn-nets-hit-free-agency-article-1.1103704#ixzz1z6IRHwVS
Its about damn time :cool: so no more "Dwight goes to Brooklyn" :)

king4day
06-28-2012, 11:08 AM
As expected. I think he won't even play around with this. Come the 1st, he'll sign a max with the Nets and they move on.

seikou8
06-28-2012, 11:12 AM
whats the news we all knew he was going to dallas;)

JerseyPalahniuk
06-28-2012, 11:13 AM
Dude... this was expected last YEAR. This is why everyone had called him a "Free agent" - because he was going to opt out.

blastmasta26
06-28-2012, 11:13 AM
He could still sign a max deal with the Nets, no need to jump to conclusions about him leaving just yet.

BigCityofDreams
06-28-2012, 11:14 AM
As expected. I think he won't even play around with this. Come the 1st, he'll sign a max with the Nets and they move on.

That's what probably happens

xxplayerxx23
06-28-2012, 11:15 AM
Is the OP Serious? Deron said he was going to decline his Opition weeks ago. He will sign a max with Brooklyn

netsgiantsyanks
06-28-2012, 11:16 AM
we knew he'd decline the player option before the season started.

jd25213
06-28-2012, 11:24 AM
we knew he'd decline the player option before the season started.

We knew he would decline it when the Nets traded for him back in February of 2011.

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-28-2012, 11:27 AM
This thread is worthless.

justinnum1
06-28-2012, 11:29 AM
oh look, a knick fan trying to bait nets fans even tho deron can and probably will sign a max with the nets.

good try, good effort:facepalm:

D-Block21-Chito
06-28-2012, 11:33 AM
Close/ Pointless thread

IIISSKiLL
[QUOTE=JOhnnyTHaJet;22692595]This thread is worthless.[/QUOTE

Seriously why would anyone start this thread ?

NYKnickFanatic
oh look, a knick fan trying to bait nets fans even tho deron can and probably will sign a max with the nets.

Yup, that's exactly what he's trying to do.

I mean DWill already said he was going to opt out, that doesnt mean he cant re-sign with them.

OP fail.

ManRam
06-28-2012, 11:47 AM
This means literally nothing. It was a given he was going to opt out. Nets are still the favorites in all likelihood to re-sign him.

GiantsSwaGG
06-28-2012, 11:47 AM

Did you say that in the other thread when a,Nets fan.tried to bait Knicks fans?

Good try, good effort:facepalm:

GiantsSwaGG
06-28-2012, 11:49 AM
Anyway this isn't news

/thread

LongIslandIcedZ
06-28-2012, 11:53 AM
Something tells me the Nets and the Knicks are going to have a huge rivalry on this board if both teams are quality.

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-28-2012, 11:58 AM
Edit........

GiantsSwaGG
06-28-2012, 12:05 PM
Something tells me the Nets and the Knicks are going to have a huge rivalry on this board if both teams are quality.

I wouldn't be surprise if there's a brawl amongst the knicks& nets fans!

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-28-2012, 12:08 PM
I wouldn't be surprise if there's a brawl amongst the knicks& nets fans!

Realize that your impression of Nets fans (from this board) comes from 2 or 3 posters. They don't represent the rest of us.

I think you'd feel the same if there were a few knicks fans making themselves look like idiots.

DR_1
06-28-2012, 12:10 PM
Going to Dallas :dance:

GREATNESS ONE
06-28-2012, 12:16 PM
3-way trade to LA :p

LongIslandIcedZ
06-28-2012, 12:19 PM
Realize that your impression of Nets fans (from this board) comes from 2 or 3 posters. They don't represent the rest of us.

I think you'd feel the same if there were a few knicks fans making themselves look like idiots.

Their out there. I try to ignore them.

Stinkyoutsider
06-28-2012, 12:21 PM
The Nets will need to do more with putting talent around Williams for him to sign a deal. If the Nets don't do much, Williams won't sign. He's trying to win a championship and I think he would take a slight pay cut to get one.

I'm not sure he's going to Dallas unless the Nets give him no choice (no roster moves). He would have to team up with Dirk who's not in his prime anymore. Williams would have to hope Howard would take a pay cut to come to Dallas...

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-28-2012, 12:23 PM

good job, good effort:facepalm:

Agreed. I also fixed it for you;)

Dnovakovic099
06-28-2012, 12:24 PM

Oh, there is a fair share of horrible Knick posters. I mean look at this ****ing awful thread. Typical Knick fan ****. Gallo is the next Dirk, we gonna whoop the Bulls in the playoffs n are the only team that can beat heat LMFAO, (infact I bet some of these Knick fans probablu think they are the second best team in the east, and they just love to troll Bulls forums. Please Knick fans stop talking **** until your team actually does something on the court. Same goes for these few nets fans. Heat fans we all hate but have to listen to because well their team backed them up and won the chip.

netsgiantsyanks
06-28-2012, 12:41 PM

:nod: a huge rivalry in general.

netsgiantsyanks
06-28-2012, 12:42 PM
it's DoMeFavors that people don't like though, not even net fans. he has probably posted in the nets forum once.

KniCks4LiFe
06-28-2012, 01:14 PM

I can't even anymore, the OP just....:facepalm:

He's signing a max deal! This isn't unusual. Brooklyn is one of the few that can offer max deal and incentives, they can backload his contract and Deron isn't stupid. He sees young nucleus in Brooklyn, Dwight potentially in Brooklyn, if not Bynum next season, Dallas can't offer more than him playing w/ Dirk in his late 30's.

nate2usmc
06-28-2012, 01:29 PM
Oh look another Knicks fan making other Knicks fans look bad by baiting :facepalm:

Losoway
06-28-2012, 01:48 PM
lol i could have swore deron williams announced this last year

Htownballa1622
06-28-2012, 02:05 PM

something tells me both teams won't be quality :p

jk

again. jk for those who can't read.;)

GiantsSwaGG
06-28-2012, 02:36 PM

Agreed, you got classless Nets fans, and you got respectable Nets fans...samething with Knicks fans....besides two posters, nets fans rarely talk ****...Knicks fans however...ehhh!

GiantsSwaGG
06-28-2012, 02:38 PM
Oh look another Knicks fan making other Knicks fans look bad by baiting :facepalm:

I wouldn't consider him a knicks fans....just look at my sig

LongIslandIcedZ
06-28-2012, 03:22 PM
It's not like this thread is any less unnecessary than the writer that was reassigned to the Nets lol. Every one knew this was coming, now is the fun part, where will he sign?

waveycrockett
06-28-2012, 03:24 PM
It's not like this thread is any less unnecessary than the writer that was reassigned to the Nets lol. Every one knew this was coming, now is the fun part, where will he sign?

Yea the major difference is that nobody knew Howard Beck would walk from the Knicks to Nets!