PDA

View Full Version : Nyjer Morgan gives a Reds fan a 'little push'

Jeffy25
06-27-2012, 06:49 PM
When he was chasing a foul ball today, he was reaching into the stands and a Reds fan deflected a ball he was reaching for.

Morgan gave him a 'small push' with this glove hand afterward and they exchanged a few words.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=22633469&c_id=mlb

Cub_StuckinSTL
06-27-2012, 06:54 PM
Heres an awesome thread....

Chucky Woods
06-27-2012, 06:54 PM
The media needs to get over this, nothing happened.
There just making something out of nothing.

long ball
06-27-2012, 06:55 PM
I couldn't watch the game.because.I was at.work but I saw one replay.

While the contact wasn't much and I'm sure didn't cause any harm to the fan that was completely inappropriate from Morgan.

He should and probably will face a suspension.

You just can't make contact with a fan like that.

OpenAvalin
06-27-2012, 06:56 PM
I think Nyjer Morgan and Aj Pierzinksi are the two most hated players. Deservingly so

northsider
06-27-2012, 06:58 PM
One guy in baseball I absolutely can't ****ing stand.

What a tool bag.

Jeffy25
06-27-2012, 06:58 PM
It's really nothing honestly, (gonna help make Reds fans hate him, and it adds to his list of things he has done) but still. You can't do that Morgan.

Chucky Woods
06-27-2012, 06:59 PM
I really don't mind Plush's antics much. But what pisses me off is when he doesn't know how many outs there are or what the pitch count is. Basic little league ****.

ichitownclowni
06-27-2012, 07:02 PM
It did not look like the fan meant any harm.

jbro732
06-27-2012, 07:03 PM
If it would have been nothing if he gave him a little push in the arm with the glove afterwards. Morgan opted for the face, that definitely wasn't taking the high ground. Try doing that to a stranger or someone at work. Doubt the reaction would be pleasant.

eibbor
06-27-2012, 07:06 PM
The fan did nothing wrong. What a douche. Yeah, it sucks, but be a professional, dude.

ESaady
06-27-2012, 07:07 PM
**** Nyjer Morgan. I hate him with a passion.

Pierzynski4Prez
06-27-2012, 07:08 PM
I think Nyjer Morgan and Aj Pierzinksi are the two most hated players. Deservingly so

What has AJ done in the last number of years that deserves hate? :confused:

giants73756
06-27-2012, 07:08 PM
The media needs to get over this, nothing happened.
There just making something out of nothing.

It's alright for players to push fans? :confused:

OpenAvalin
06-27-2012, 07:10 PM
The fan did nothing wrong. What a douche. Yeah, it sucks, but be a professional, dude.

Like your comment, LOVE your picture. House of 1000 Corpses baby

redbird89
06-27-2012, 07:11 PM
Nyjer Morgan punched a fan (and does other annoying stuff), Aroldis Chapman did somersaults, and Johnny Cueto kicked Jason LaRue in the face. I'm not sure which team to root against more, though statistically I have to root against the Reds this year. Morgan is more annoying than almost any other player in baseball, not because he is good, but because he does stupid stuff all the time.

MiamiBoy77
06-27-2012, 07:17 PM
**** yea!!!

TAC91
06-27-2012, 08:07 PM
Nothing new here. Nyjer is and will always be a little ***** that ain't worth a damn at baseball.

Ill21
06-27-2012, 08:18 PM
I would have done the same thing if I was Morgan

Rush
06-27-2012, 08:21 PM
Just another reason why I can't stand this little **** stain. ****ing prick.

Rush
06-27-2012, 08:23 PM

For what reason? The ball was in the stands and the guy would do what every fan would do, knock the ball out of his glove or try to catch it.

thefeckcampaign
06-27-2012, 08:38 PM
Law suit coming? Some lawyer has contacted that fan, I guarantee you that.

Jeffy25
06-28-2012, 01:39 AM

Push and yell at a fan for trying to catch a ball in the stands?

Chi StateOfMind
06-28-2012, 02:01 AM
It was in the stands so how is that the fans fault.

JNoel
06-28-2012, 02:52 AM
He is such a douche, I remember the sliding at home incident, purposely injuring Brett Hayes and then starting a fight the next day, he needs a year ban or lifetime imo

SportsNY
06-28-2012, 03:00 AM
Athletes should know better...

Vinny642
06-28-2012, 03:51 AM
I cannot stand Nyjer Morgan.... and dumb stuff like this is why, he is a little tool bag.

Jeffy25
06-28-2012, 05:23 PM
Nothing was better than when he got clothes-lined

jlohm1
06-28-2012, 05:30 PM
Nyjer Morgan punched a fan (and does other annoying stuff), Aroldis Chapman did somersaults, and Johnny Cueto kicked Jason LaRue in the face. I'm not sure which team to root against more, though statistically I have to root against the Reds this year. Morgan is more annoying than almost any other player in baseball, not because he is good, but because he does stupid stuff all the time.

not trying to change that topic, but that really depends who you ask. i say the most annoying player in baseball is Chris Carpenter. i don't think Morgan is too far behind though.

Jeffy25
06-28-2012, 05:34 PM
not trying to change that topic, but that really depends who you ask. i say the most annoying player in baseball is Chris Carpenter. i don't think Morgan is too far behind though.

What? For complaining that the baseballs in Cincy were not rubbed up enough?

long ball
06-28-2012, 07:18 PM
He is such a douche, I remember the sliding at home incident, purposely injuring Brett Hayes and then starting a fight the next day, he needs a year ban or lifetime imoto be fait the marlins hit him and then threw at him again in his next at bat. He's definitely the the only guy that would charge the mound in that situation.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
06-28-2012, 07:32 PM
thats my nyjer!!! haha

jlohm1
06-29-2012, 01:45 AM
What? For complaining that the baseballs in Cincy were not rubbed up enough?

the list goes on. every time he comes here and loses he has another excuse. the Reds aren't allowed to have smoke come out of the smoke towers anymore because he complained about it. he complains the mound wasn't right. he complained the baseball were too slick. he complained our lights were too bright. and also note that he will be the only pitcher complaining about it when he loses. even other Cardinal pitchers don't complain. and just the way he acts towards the Reds in general is just immature. when he pitches a bad game he just can't accept the fact he had a bad game and has to have an excuse.

PapaPilo00
06-29-2012, 10:45 AM
I hate him. Everytime I see or hear of him though I think of Tyrone Biggums because of his picture.

hawksd911
06-29-2012, 11:14 AM
Come on guys, whoever played baseball knows theyd almost do the same thing, I'd be pissed as **** ahha

whitesoxfan83
06-29-2012, 11:25 AM
Lol... that was nothing... based on the reaction in this thread I was expecting something.

That wasn't ****.

1hardcore
06-29-2012, 11:30 AM
**** Nyjer Morgan!!! He's having a ****** year !!! i'm soooooo happy...

NY_Heartbreak
06-29-2012, 11:37 AM
Law suit coming? Some lawyer has contacted that fan, I guarantee you that.

I can see that. The fan should claim emotional damages and that he can now never go back to a baseball game for fear of being attacked by over-aggressive testosterone junkies.

:laugh2:

Skippy15
06-29-2012, 12:36 PM
the list goes on. every time he comes here and loses he has another excuse. the Reds aren't allowed to have smoke come out of the smoke towers anymore because he complained about it. he complains the mound wasn't right. he complained the baseball were too slick. he complained our lights were too bright. and also note that he will be the only pitcher complaining about it when he loses. even other Cardinal pitchers don't complain. and just the way he acts towards the Reds in general is just immature. when he pitches a bad game he just can't accept the fact he had a bad game and has to have an excuse.

1. Umpire told Carpenter to wait till smoke cleared that was more a danger to the batter than the pitcher. 2. John Smoltz, a pitching legend, called the reds out on the balls not being rubbed right also. He's also far from the first player ever to dislike your stadium, what pitcher would, pop ups go oust of that place.

As far as the topic on hand, nyjer Morgan is a waste of a ball player and a tool

Brew Crew
06-29-2012, 01:07 PM
I will never be able to make sense of Morgan and the way he acts sometimes, especially given his crap season.

Jeffy25
06-29-2012, 03:13 PM
1. Umpire told Carpenter to wait till smoke cleared that was more a danger to the batter than the pitcher. 2. John Smoltz, a pitching legend, called the reds out on the balls not being rubbed right also. He's also far from the first player ever to dislike your stadium, what pitcher would, pop ups go oust of that place.

As far as the topic on hand, nyjer Morgan is a waste of a ball player and a tool

yup

Typically, baseballs are rubbed with mud before a game. By rule they must be rubbed down "so that the gloss is removed." In Smoltz's mind, however, the treatment was insufficient. And he felt it contributed directly to his six-run, five-walk, four-inning showing that was easily his worst since coming to St. Louis.

"I've been pitching a long time, and [those were] the worst baseballs I've ever pitched with in my life," Smoltz said. "The other guy [Cincinnati's Bronson Arroyo] was pitching with them too, so he did a nice job. But I mean, I walked [four] guys all year and then I walked five today. ... I had no feel for the baseball, and that's about the worst thing you can have as a pitcher when you're trying to make and rely on your pitches."

From MLB.com

And the complaint of Carpenter that the mound was to wet, he asked the grounds crew to solidify it more isn't a complaint. That's a pretty standard request after a rainy day. I can't think of any pitcher that would accept potentially getting hurt because the ground isn't solid enough. Carp has (and so have other pitchers) asked for this in Busch stadium before as well.

And form the post dispatch - Bernie Miklasz

Carpenter says home-plate umpire Tim Welke, who worked Sunday’s game, instructed him to wait until the smoke drifted away from the playing field. Carpenter is always impatient when he has to wait to resume pitching, so if Carpenter looked irritated out there, what do you expect? He’s about as intense as it gets.

All of this supposed 'whining' of Carpenter is all from the view of Marty Brennaman who has taken a huge exception to the Cardinals over the years, in particular Tony LaRussa. That's fine, but most Reds opinions on Carpenter are because MB is complaining about him. You will notice, Carpenter never once complained to the media or to any players about any of this.

I agree, he is firey. And he annoys even me sometimes because he can be too emotional. It's one of those guys you want on your team, and he annoys you if you compete against him.

But jlohm, your complaints about him, these specific one's...are fairly easy to defend.

redbird89
06-29-2012, 03:20 PM

Agreed. I think the whole "Whiny Birds" thing is blown out of proportion. The Cardinals, and Carpenter, don't complain that much. As Jeffy pointed out most of the complaints were legitimate.

I've heard that most Brewers fans dislike Nyjer Morgan. It's pretty bad when your own team's fans won't defend you.

To me, as a Cardinal fan the players who are the easiest to hate are Nyjer Morgan and Johnny Cueto, Morgan because he is just plain annoying, and Cueto because he kicked our backup catcher in the face with his cleats and seems to not care. Brandon Phillips is annoying at times, but at least he has the skills to back up what he says. Morgan does not.

Jeffy25
06-29-2012, 03:25 PM
Agreed. I think the whole "Whiny Birds" thing is blown out of proportion. The Cardinals, and Carpenter, don't complain that much.

I've heard that most Brewers fans dislike Nyjer Morgan. It's pretty bad when your own team's fans won't defend you.

One of the most interesting moments in the Cards/Reds 'rivalry' was a couple of years ago during the Molina/Phillips/Cueto scuffle.

I was watching that game at home, and I heard the Cardinals broadcasters, and saw the Cardinals points of view. When I was on PSD posting about what I saw and heard, I was shocked by what Reds fans were thinking based on what they thought and saw.

It was amazing how different MB illustrated the events. It was night and day different. No wonder Reds fans thought what they did. It's what MB thought.

redbird89
06-29-2012, 03:37 PM
I'm not really a fan of broadcasters who try to stir up controversy, which seems to be the case with Brennaman. I'm okay with broadcasters having an opinion, but Brennaman seems to go overboard with it. I'm not saying broadcasters all have to be vanilla, but it gets annoying when he is constantly saying bad things about the other team. Brennaman uses his tirades to stir up the fanbase, rather than just focusing on the game.

It seems like Brennaman is a love him or hate him type of broadcaster.

Jeffy25
06-29-2012, 03:43 PM
I'm not really a fan of broadcasters who try to stir up controversy, which seems to be the case with Brennaman. I'm okay with broadcasters having an opinion, but Brennaman seems to go overboard with it. I'm not saying broadcasters all have to be vanilla, but it gets annoying when he is constantly saying bad things about the other team. Brennaman uses his tirades to stir up the fanbase, rather than just focusing on the game.

It seems like Brennaman is a love him or hate him type of broadcaster.

And there are plenty of broadcasters like him.

The Hawk is easily the worst of them all IMO.

Horton of the Cardinals annoys me to no living end. He and Hrabosky can be such homers.

MB, I can't listen to. I can listen to Uecker though :)

NY_Heartbreak
06-29-2012, 03:56 PM
It really doesn't matter if a broadcaster instigates controversy in this case. A professional baseball player should not touch a fan unless he's making a play on the ball. You don't "give a fan a little push" because you're upset. That's all there is to it.

Alleyeson49
06-29-2012, 04:51 PM
Get used to it Nyjer. That's the perils of playing in another team's home ballpark. The fans have just as much right to the ball as he does when it crosses into the stands, and they're typically not getting out of the way unless it's to the benefit of their team. It's "let the best man win," and I'm glad a Reds fan wanted to grab a souvenir, plus keep one out away from the Brewers in their home stadium. If I'm in SF and the Giants are playing the Brewers, I want our fans doing the exact same thing as long as it's not interfering with the ball in the field of play. Morgan just got butt hurt because he didn't come down with the ball, and that the fan tussled with him for a second over it. Morgan took it personal, when it had nothing to do with him. Very immature move. Good job fan!

DaBear
06-29-2012, 05:11 PM
I can't stand this D-bag.

metsfaninSTL
06-29-2012, 05:12 PM
i hate morgan

Jeffy25
07-05-2012, 01:08 AM
I didn't know where else to put this, but I thought this Chris Volstad comment from their brawl a few years back was pretty funny.

In the sixth, though, Morgan became upset and immediately threw down his bat and charged the mound. Volstad tossed down his glove and Morgan connected with a left to the pitcher’s neck.

Marlins first baseman Gaby Sanchez then raced in and delivered a clothes-line hit to Morgan, who immediately tumbled to the ground. Players for both teams scuffled near the mound and then Pat Listach, the third base coach for the Nationals, joined the fray by piling on Volstad and possibly throwing a punch.

“Obviously, he’s not coming out there to talk,” Volstad said.

SACNYY
07-05-2012, 01:49 AM
I hate Morgan. Big mouth and he can never back it up. Dude sucks.

PapaPilo00
07-05-2012, 10:02 AM
I hate Morgan. Big mouth and he can never back it up. Dude sucks.

The best one was when Nyjer decided to tweet that the Cardinals were going to have to watch the playoffs at home last year in September and well... you know the rest

MetsFanatic19
07-05-2012, 11:03 AM
what a prick

SACNYY
07-05-2012, 11:54 AM
The best one was when Nyjer decided to tweet that the Cardinals were going to have to watch the playoffs at home last year in September and well... you know the rest

Exactly lol. Nice av too, Loved Cheechoo when he was a Shark.

PapaPilo00
07-05-2012, 12:15 PM
Exactly lol. Nice av too, Loved Cheechoo when he was a Shark.

In his year or so of prime now he is a Riverman with Peoria lol. Gotta love the Cheechoo Train!

PapaPilo00
07-05-2012, 12:23 PM
Man and I went to the Brewers/Cards NL Championship last year and took a funny screen shot of Nyjer's stats and they were flat lined at .000 It was too funny. We also got to heckle him a lot from the outfield. As much as I hate to say it but even though I hate people like that, it makes for great rivalries in the end.

Azzacadabra
07-05-2012, 02:56 PM
The **** biscuit will never learn. He's a undisciplined little boy.