PDA

View Full Version : Report: Thunder looking to move up to draft Bradley Beal

Fresno
06-27-2012, 05:15 PM
The chances of a playoff team getting Beal are slim, but Finals runner-up Oklahoma City has invested quality time figuring out a way to get up high enough to land Beal.

Beal told ESPN.com Wednesday that Oklahoma City general manager Sam Presti told him during an interview in Chicago that he was interested in trying to move up to draft him. The Thunder's first-round pick isn't until No. 28.

"He told me he was going to decide what they're going to do and considered getting up there," Beal said.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8104507/florida-gator-bradley-beal-oklahoma-city-thunder-talked-moving-up

Wow. Im surprised Presti would tell him that.

We_need_players
06-27-2012, 05:16 PM
#28 and Harden??

Fresno
To get Beal, the Thunder would undoubtedly have to move James Harden, the NBA's Sixth Man of the Year. League sources said the Thunder wouldn't be able to avoid serious tax issues if they had to pay lucrative contracts to all four of their marquee players in Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, Serge Ibaka and Harden. The first two aren't going to be moved. But to trade Harden to a team such as Charlotte would be a risk for the receiving team since there is no guarantee Harden would sign a long-term deal beyond the one year remaining on his contract. Also, the Thunder would be disrupting a team that was three wins away from winning an NBA title.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8104507/florida-gator-bradley-beal-oklahoma-city-thunder-talked-moving-up

This would be a major move.

Charlotte would have a logjam at Guard if they did that deal, but Washington at #3 might make that move for Harden.

Wall + Harden would be an incredible young backcourt.

DaoudS
Harden and 28th?

Vinny642
06-27-2012, 05:18 PM
I think they may be trying to trade Harden

Raps08-09 Champ
06-27-2012, 05:18 PM
Don't do it. You'll **** up the dream mock scenario.

rocket
06-27-2012, 05:24 PM
28th and Harden to the Bobcats for the Second Pick.

Mr_Amaziing
06-27-2012, 05:27 PM
Wow! Didn't expect this to happen. Sefo + 28th pick for the #2 pick :)

Method28
06-27-2012, 05:29 PM
Harden on the.bobcats :confused: lame lol

justinnum1

lmao

Vinny642

Keeping Harden and getting Beal would be pure amazing for the Thunder, wow, if they got that, that'd be special

rocket

:laugh2:

DRose7
I would trade harden. Dudes been overrated, and this finals proved it. But seriously dumb for the bobcats, Harden? Hardly the player you wanna take, without a solid team put together.

gatkins11
06-27-2012, 05:32 PM

Haha good joke.

Joshtd1
Wonder if they would start him or have him in the same role as Harden since that's who I assume they would trade.

waveycrockett
Yeah I think Harden is a goner but this is ridiculous. Beal is an unknown and Harden played at an allstar level and still very young so OKC should ask for more back.

king4day
06-27-2012, 05:35 PM
**** yea! (if it happens)
Charlotte would certainly be on their way then.
As far as Washington making a play for the pick, it's a mega risk since they don't know who'd get who.

SiteWolf
06-27-2012, 05:36 PM
yes, James, your reward for all your hard work on a team making the west finals 2 years in a row and winning one?

You're a Bobcat

......just don't sound right

bucketss

:facepalm:

the unknown
Who says the bobcats are drafting heal .. a lot of people have heal 2-6 .. I see him being behind Robinson in most mock drafts

the unknown
06-27-2012, 05:37 PM
Beal*

Vinny642
06-27-2012, 05:37 PM
Guys...... Ronaldo didnt even kick in the PK loss to Spain....

king4day
06-27-2012, 05:38 PM
I would trade harden. Dudes been overrated, and this finals proved it. But seriously dumb for the bobcats, Harden? Hardly the player you wanna take, without a solid team put together.

I think most teams (including the Bulls) would spludge at the opportunity to possibly get Harden. Especially for an unknown draft pick. He'd be the building block they need to get off the ground.

Theyhateme459
06-27-2012, 05:42 PM
Harden… we don’t even know if he would sign an extension verses ridding it out until he becomes an UFA. Plus in all honestly I would prefer the #2 pick at the better salary vs Harden and a bunch of what would be late late 1st round draft picks.

In terms of rebuilding for the future and acquiring future draft picks other teams looking to move up has much more to offer.

king4day
06-27-2012, 05:43 PM
Who says the bobcats are drafting heal .. a lot of people have heal 2-6 .. I see him being behind Robinson in most mock drafts

Just like Washington and Cleveland, no one knows who's going to draft him. Charlotte has all the leverage. Since both washington and the Cavs want him, Charlotte will likely do all the talking here.

SiteWolf
06-27-2012, 05:47 PM
Harden… we don’t even know if he would sign an extension verses ridding it out until he becomes an UFA. Plus in all honestly I would prefer the #2 pick at the better salary vs Harden and a bunch of what would be late late 1st round draft picks.

In terms of rebuilding for the future and acquiring future draft picks other teams looking to move up has much more to offer.

nobody makes the trade w/o a working out a deal with him first

............ok, maybe Michael does

Badluck33
06-27-2012, 05:49 PM
Guys...... Ronaldo didnt even kick in the PK loss to Spain....

thats the coaches fault.

hes an idiot and should get the Andrés Escobar treatment

ichitownclowni
06-27-2012, 06:04 PM
And the Bulls expect to compete with these teams :laugh:

BSardogan
06-27-2012, 06:05 PM
How about Westbrook for 2nd, instead of Harden. Harden is the best playmaker on the Thunder anyways. Imagine:

Harden - Beal - Durant - Ibaka :drool:

That's some serious three-point shooting thread you've got going on there.

greg_ory_2005
06-27-2012, 06:06 PM
Why would you want Beal at SF and Durant at PF?

Davidgta1
06-27-2012, 06:07 PM
Goodbye harden

JoeDirt05
06-27-2012, 06:08 PM
does anyone else think it could be westbrook they are trying to trade analyst say beal could play the point :shrug:

Catfish1314
06-27-2012, 06:11 PM

James Harden is not even 23 years old. If anyone has some leeway for how they perform in the playoffs, it's babies like him.

does anyone else think it could be westbrook they are trying to trade analyst say beal could play the point :shrug:

Beal is in no way suited to play point guard and he's a long way from ever getting to that point. I watched his entire college career and ball handling/decision-making/passing are about the only three weaknesses to his offensive game. He's plenty unselfish, but the guy was designed to be an off-guard. Harden would be much better at point guard than Beal.

Is that a typo in the original post? It says Sam Presti, GM of the Oklahoma City Thunder, told Beal that Chicago is trying to trade up for Beal. I would love to see Beal in red and black, but how would Presti know the Bulls are trying to trade up for him?

BKLYNpigeon
06-27-2012, 06:12 PM
Stupid move... I think they could get more for Harden. OKC does not need to get any Younger or trade for an Unproven rookie. Beal could end up being just another Evan Turner.. Harden is on the Brink of becoming an allstar.

Davidgta1
06-27-2012, 06:13 PM
The thunder should just draft fab melo.

nyKnicks126
06-27-2012, 06:13 PM

First he would have to be a RFA to be a UFA.. So I don't know what you are talking about.. He still has one more season on his rookie contract, and then bobcats can match any contract as a RFA with other teams giving him offers...... I don't think Thomas Robinson at this point is better than James Harden.......

jailedgiantsfan
06-27-2012, 06:16 PM
there no guarantee its harden they r trying to trade but all this shows is that the thunder are being realists and realize theres NO WAY they can keep harden-ibaka-westbrook and durant...

JoeDirt05
06-27-2012, 06:18 PM
James Harden is not even 23 years old. If anyone has some leeway for how they perform in the playoffs, it's babies like him.

Beal is in no way suited to play point guard and he's a long way from ever getting to that point. I watched his entire college career and ball handling/decision-making/passing are about the only three weaknesses to his offensive game. He's plenty unselfish, but the guy was designed to be an off-guard. Harden would be much better at point guard than Beal.

Is that a typo in the original post? It says Sam Presti, GM of the Oklahoma City Thunder, told Beal that Chicago is trying to trade up for Beal. I would love to see Beal in red and black, but how would Presti know the Bulls are trying to trade up for him?

he meant he told beal at the chicago combine

BKLYNpigeon
Theres no need to mess around with the OKC core of players. they have another year until they really have to decide on what they should do with Harden. They were just in the NBA Finals. They just need to tinker with the team a bit.

SiteWolf

yeah, there's no way one GM who has no shot at drafting him without a trade would know another team who has no shot at him without a trade has interest in him, let alone have any logical reason to tell him that

nyKnicks126

If it's Westbrook the Thunder would have to get players back for him, and I am not sure how much under the cap the Bobcats are to get that contract..

mavwar53
This really wouldn't surprise me, they are not going to be able to pay, Durant, Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka, they would be taking a huge chance but its better than losing Harden for nothing.

SiteWolf
06-27-2012, 06:19 PM
Theres no need to mess around with the OKC core of players. they have another year until they really have to decide on what they should do with Harden. They were just in the NBA Finals. They just need to tinker with the team a bit.

Thunder need a big before they need another G

...and Perkins ain't it

nyKnicks126
06-27-2012, 06:20 PM
This really wouldn't surprise me, they are not going to be able to pay, Durant, Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka, they would be taking a huge chance but its better than losing Harden for nothing.

Yeah I agree. Beal is worth a chance, especially if it's for James Harden.

j-bay
06-27-2012, 06:23 PM
Anybody think that this is something the Bobcats are using to get better. You know have a team like Cleveland offer multiple picks to try and get some value because Beal's stock has rised up in the last few weeks

BSardogan
06-27-2012, 06:24 PM
Why would you want Beal at SF and Durant at PF?

If that's a response to me, which I assume it is, Harden would be the PG of that team, Beal at SG, Durant SF, Ibaka PF and then it's either Collison or Perkins at C.

Puts OKC's best playmaker at the point, gives them plenty of capspace for both Ibaka and Harden, and of course you have another potential tier-1 superstar added to that roster.

Catfish1314
06-27-2012, 06:24 PM
he meant he told beal at the chicago combine

Yeah I guess I got ahead of myself. It's phrased correctly; I just can't read.

BKLYNpigeon
06-27-2012, 06:25 PM
OKC can trade Harden to the Warriors strait up for the #7 and take Drummond if he fall to us! lol.

JoeDirt05
06-27-2012, 06:32 PM
Yeah I guess I got ahead of myself. It's phrased correctly; I just can't read.

haha happens to everyone ;)

albertajaysfan
06-27-2012, 06:52 PM
I think Charlotte are going to take Robinson. Considering they have a backcourt of Augustin, Walker and Gordon already I feel they will be more interested in him then Beal. But I guess stranger things have happened. It would not be a terrible choice by them IMO.

Either way I don't think Harden to the Bobcats makes sense for them. Where as Harden to the Wizards makes sense. They need more help in the backcourt right away then in the frount court.

But if I was OKC I would wait until Washington are on the clock to make the deal.

I just don't think this deal makes sense for Charlotte. Even if they want a guard I think Beal is a better choice for them.

aussie
06-27-2012, 06:57 PM
would turn harden into a 40PPG player...I hope the bobcats do this

Harden+28
for

Cal827
06-27-2012, 07:00 PM
I'm not hoping for the following at all, but just imagine (with all this hoopla from cleveland, washington and other teams) if Beal busts.

THE MTL
06-27-2012, 07:03 PM
Bobcats are the equivalent of NBA Hell. lol.

Punk
06-27-2012, 07:07 PM
I think Charlotte takes Robinson as a safe bet and Harden ends up in Washington for the #3 pick.

NickyNick
06-27-2012, 07:12 PM
this never mention charlotte wanting to do this, just the thunder trying to move up.....charlotte would want beal to build with

nicegoing
06-27-2012, 07:19 PM
Why would Charlotte want Harden! They just traded for Ben Gordon!

SeoulBeatz
06-27-2012, 07:21 PM
This just seems unfair.

Losoway
06-27-2012, 07:32 PM
these nuggas is crazy...i would not give up harden

get rid of ibaka please

alencp3
06-27-2012, 07:38 PM
Beal will never be as good as Harden. Fact.

chicago lulz
06-27-2012, 07:39 PM

Well that's just a poor assessment. Since it was their first time being in the Finals, I just don't see how you could use that as an argument as to why he's overrated.

Stunner
06-27-2012, 07:41 PM
Redd posted a rumor in the Bulls thread he said take it with a grain of salt though : Bulls get Harden , CHA get Deng and their coveted 1st round pick back, OKC get Beal

j-bay
06-27-2012, 07:42 PM
I think Charlotte takes Robinson as a safe bet and Harden ends up in Washington for the #3 pick.

No they would go with Beal, they wouldn't be able to afford harden with the contracts they took

Stunner
06-27-2012, 07:46 PM
Cha will take Robinson , Wiz will take Beal and OKC will keep Harden. OKC won't trade harden if they can't get Beal.

bucketss
06-27-2012, 07:53 PM
would turn harden into a 40PPG player...I hope the bobcats do this

Harden+28
for

:facepalm:

BKLYNpigeon
06-27-2012, 08:10 PM
Bobcats are the equivalent of NBA Hell. lol.

i could think of 5 other cities that i would not want to play for.

Baller1
06-27-2012, 08:27 PM
**** that... Beal will not be the player Harden is, please don't do this Presti.

smith&wesson
06-27-2012, 08:32 PM
WHY would okc do this ? they are messing with chemistry. the team is doing so well why f it up ? i dont get it.

i konw ibaka and harden are due for ext's .. its a no brainer to me trade perkins *** for a cheaper back up C. save the money and keep both ibaka and harden.

BKLYNpigeon
06-27-2012, 08:38 PM
OKC has until next season to make a decision on Harden. Theres no way to mess with the Core players on OKC. they were just in the NBA Finals.

they should just keep their 29th pick and get Fab Melo.

b@llhog24
06-27-2012, 09:15 PM
If that's a response to me, which I assume it is, Harden would be the PG of that team, Beal at SG, Durant SF, Ibaka PF and then it's either Collison or Perkins at C.

Puts OKC's best playmaker at the point, gives them plenty of capspace for both Ibaka and Harden, and of course you have another potential tier-1 superstar added to that roster.

Harden would get torched on the defensive end as a pg.

you are the cancer that makes this forum suck balls

:laugh:

soonabooma
06-27-2012, 11:55 PM
Have y'all watched Beal play? The kid is a killer. Obviously, not every great college player ends up being as good on the pro level, but this guy is well worth the risk. He plays lights out, played at a good program for a great coach. He can ball. If we can get him, I'd give up Harden to save the money, otherwise we'll find ourselves in the luxury tax very soon. There's nothing wrong with that, teams do it all the time and our owners are not hurting for money. But if that's not the direction we want to go in, then this could be a really good deal. Harden is a great player, don't get me wrong, but at this point the 4 most important guys on our team are Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka, and Sefolosha. Yes, I said it, Thabo Sefolosha, he's our clearcut best defensive player and you can't put a price tag on that. Harden is top notch, but a lot of guys can score points. I'll take my chances with Beal if we can get him.

papipapsmanny
06-28-2012, 12:07 AM
3 and Singleton for Harden and 28

Draft Quincy Miller with 28

Wall
Harden/Crawford
Ariza/Miller
Nene
Okefor

DR_1
06-28-2012, 12:12 AM
Redd posted a rumor in the Bulls thread he said take it with a grain of salt though : Bulls get Harden , CHA get Deng and their coveted 1st round pick back, OKC get Beal

Bulls would jump on that

MadBomber
06-28-2012, 12:35 AM

that will never happen.

STL Don
06-28-2012, 12:40 AM
Harden and 28th?

Maybe Harden + 28th for #3 + Booker/Seraphin.

I could see something like that happen.

Six-8-TheWizard
06-28-2012, 01:00 AM
I doubt Harden would stay with Charlotte. Harden would fit perfectly in Washington imo and is more likely to stay, but if there is risk for him to leave, then idk why they wouldnt just take Beal themselves if he was on the board

EvanTurner
06-28-2012, 01:03 AM
I can see why we would wanna trade harden, he totally folded and had no impact on the finals. He basically gave up, didnt play defense, didnt rebound didntscore

Hype
06-28-2012, 01:18 AM
The Bobcats could be dirty w/ the two rookies from last year paired w/ Deng and Gordon, back together again from the Bulls days. I think that threeway needs to go down! Beal on the Thunder would be madness

popo85
06-28-2012, 01:19 AM
NO. Harden to Chicago for Deng never.

BKLYNpigeon
06-28-2012, 01:29 AM
I can see why we would wanna trade harden, he totally folded and had no impact on the finals. He basically gave up, didnt play defense, didnt rebound didntscore

yeah...a 23 year old, 6th man of the year, isnt going to learn from that experience.

There no way you trade a proven player like Harden for the #2 pick unproven Beal. thats absolutely STUPID. you dont mess with the OKC chemistry unless you have to, they were just in the Finals.

papipapsmanny
06-28-2012, 01:34 AM
Maybe Harden + 28th for #3 + Booker/Seraphin.

I could see something like that happen.

yea me too, rather it be booker as a Wiz fan... actually both players have some potential

Hype
06-28-2012, 02:04 AM
Three - way
Harden and Tyrus Thomas to Wolves
Barea and no. 2 to Thunder
D Will + 28th (Thunder) to Bobcats

Sadds The Gr8
06-28-2012, 02:13 AM

looooooool

EvanTurner
06-28-2012, 11:54 AM
yeah...a 23 year old, 6th man of the year, isnt going to learn from that experience.

There no way you trade a proven player like Harden for the #2 pick unproven Beal. thats absolutely STUPID. you dont mess with the OKC chemistry unless you have to, they were just in the Finals.

You dont have a clue , harden is gone next year anyway so get rid of the choker now while you can. I dont care how old he is, he gave up like a *****. Thats either in,you or its not. Beal wont mess up our chemistry O o

DR_1
06-28-2012, 11:59 AM
Bulls get: Harden
Thunder get: Beal
Bobcats get: Deng, Picks 28 and 29

Stinkyoutsider
06-28-2012, 12:35 PM
Harden would probably average 25 a night playing for the Bobcats and would be the number 1 player on the team.

I can understand why OKC is doing this though. They know the only guy they can really let go is Harden so they'll try to use this draft to get a guy who can score in bunches like he can.

If I was OKC, I would move Kendrick Perkins instead of Harden. The problem is, I only think playoff teams would be interested in getting him. I'm not sure how much Perkins makes but I really would try to move him and see if I could get a free agent center for half the price and keep Harden.

I don't remember if NBA players can restructure their contracts like NFL players can, but if so, I would go up to Durant and Westbrook and ask them if they want to restructure so we can keep the group together. Put it on the players to make the change necessary to keep the team together as is...

mjm07
06-28-2012, 01:32 PM
Thunder should keep Harden.

ESPNChrisPalmer chris palmer
"It's championship or bust for the Thunder. Rookie shooting guard won't get them past Miami. "

Ty Fast
06-28-2012, 04:43 PM

then they can trade perkins for howard and fisher for d-will and move westbrook to sg
d12
ibaka
kd
westbrook
d-will

u would still lose to miami in the finals

Ty Fast
06-28-2012, 04:44 PM
Bulls get: Harden
Thunder get: Beal
Bobcats get: Deng, Picks 28 and 29

great deal for chicago

Sixerlover
06-28-2012, 04:47 PM
Three - way
Harden and Tyrus Thomas to Wolves
Barea and no. 2 to Thunder
D Will + 28th (Thunder) to Bobcats

:laugh2: D-Will isn't in the same stratosphere of value as Harden and Beal

RealLiveBear
06-28-2012, 05:10 PM
then they can trade perkins for howard and fisher for d-will and move westbrook to sg
d12
ibaka
kd
westbrook
d-will

u would still lose to miami in the finals

I don't know whats stupider saying those trades or that....