PDA

View Full Version : Chris Paul "had Chauncey not got injured we was going to win the championship"

Ilovetosuckdip
06-27-2012, 12:44 PM
Chris Paul firmly believes that the Clippers would have won the NBA Championship this season if Chauncey Billups had not gotten injured. It's great to have confidence in your team, but to get swept in the second round to the Spurs and then make such a firm declaration is rather suspect.

“He knows my top priority right now is to make sure he’s back with us again next season,” said Paul, a special guest today at Chauncey Billups’ basketball camp at Parker Fieldhouse.

--------------------------------------

“I tell people all the time had Chauncey not got injured we was going to win the championship,” Paul said.

not only is cp3 horrible at english, but he really must be crazy if he thinks the clippers had enough talent to win last year. with or without billups, they had too many holes that needed to be filled in order to win

but on the bright side, he really seems to love his team and his teammates, and hopefully he resigns there
http://www.iamagm.com/news/2012/06/27/chris.paul.had.chauncey.not.got.injured.we.was.goi ng.win.championship

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-27-2012, 12:47 PM
Obviously CP3 was great at grammar in his school days:laugh2:

I think they still would've gotten eliminated by the Spurs but it would've been a more competitive series.

Jarvo
06-27-2012, 12:49 PM
They're lucky they got passed the Griz, CP3 must had been high saying that :laugh:

tbone2171
06-27-2012, 12:50 PM
Obviously CP3 was great a grammar in his school days:laugh2:

I think they still would've gotten eliminated by the Spurs but it would've been a more competitive series.

:laugh2: The only reason I was going to post in here.

nicegoing
06-27-2012, 12:52 PM
No you wasn't.

Cromedome
06-27-2012, 12:52 PM
Obviously CP3 was great a grammar in his school days:laugh2:.

Did you guys go to the same school?

DoMeFavors
06-27-2012, 01:00 PM
Thats a little bit to much Chris Paul you were in the 2nd round, only a couple guys can turn you into a championship after that and Billups aint one of them.

Ill21
06-27-2012, 01:04 PM
No way, too many holes in that team.

MadBomber
06-27-2012, 01:07 PM
i don't know what he's smoking but there's no way they were going to win the championship even with a healthy Billups.

STAT1
06-27-2012, 01:13 PM
We was.

TylerSL
06-27-2012, 01:14 PM
the Clippers are not even close to the Heat, so no, they wouldnt have won the title. They would still probably get swept by San Antonio, maybe take 1 game at home.

StinkEye
06-27-2012, 01:16 PM
We was gon' beat that Spurs lik we dun beat da Grizz! Tha Thunda woulda' bin easy wit Chauncey shuttin' down Westbrick.

Hellcrooner
06-27-2012, 01:20 PM
:violin::cricket::yawn:

TylerSL
06-27-2012, 01:20 PM
We was gon' beat that Spurs lik we dun beat da Grizz! Tha Thunda woulda' bin easy wit Chauncey shuttin' down Westbrick.

are you serious? I really cant tell....

StinkEye
06-27-2012, 01:24 PM
are you serious? I really cant tell....

I'd be trolling if I wasn't. :D

PleaseBeNice
06-27-2012, 01:24 PM
"we was"

PlezPlayDKnicks
06-27-2012, 01:26 PM
CliPPers vs Heat finals would've been a flop disaster . Bodies flying everywhere

Punk
He was right in the sense of them making the WCF Finals. When Billups was healthy, they were the 2nd seed. Once you get that high up, anything can happen but the championship? LOL, Atleast Clipper fans know he's staying.

Showtime Steve
Obviously CP3 was great a grammar in his school days:laugh2:.

Ha ha ha ha

sep11ie
06-27-2012, 01:27 PM
Obviously CP3 was great a grammar in his school days:laugh2:

Do you think taught IRONY there?

TylerSL
06-27-2012, 01:28 PM
I'd be trolling if I wasn't. :D

haha got me :D

daleja424
06-27-2012, 01:34 PM
no you wasn't.

+1

smith&wesson
06-27-2012, 01:40 PM
Billups makes them soo much better .. i could see them in the finals. i dont know if they would win but i can see them getting there.

GSWFanInLA
06-27-2012, 01:43 PM
lmao. They would've gotten swept by the Heat.

Lakers + Giants
06-27-2012, 01:44 PM
Heat were going to win regardless.

5ass
06-27-2012, 01:46 PM
Really not that farfetched at all

natelpete
06-27-2012, 01:54 PM
Really not that farfetched at all

I'm hoping that you are being sarcastic. :confused:

Baller1
06-27-2012, 01:59 PM
They still would've been eliminated my San Antonio.

Mr.SmackYoMama
06-27-2012, 02:02 PM
I tells yuh lyk dis heyah boi! They woulda done done it all if Billups healthy! No I knot seerius!

midwestmadman
06-27-2012, 02:12 PM
the same quote could be given and taken more seriously if it was Joakim Noah stating: "If D.Rose hadn't torn his ACL, and I didn't boarderline break my ankle the Bulls would have won the NBA Championship." these comments that players make after the fact are all just to spark attention to their team, or pump up their teammates. I dont discredit the talent they have on that team, but they are still a few pieces away from being a serious contender, and it starts on the defensive end.

Da Knicks
06-27-2012, 02:14 PM
CliPPers vs Heat finals would've been a flop disaster . Bodies flying everywhere

THIS!!:laugh2:

Vinny642
06-27-2012, 02:18 PM
Paul got ignorant in grammar when he went to LA, I don't remember him talking like that when he was with us.

naps
06-27-2012, 02:21 PM
Why is it so tough to say "We WERE" instead of "We was"?? So many others say it as well :facepalm:

On topic, CP3 is just being confidant even if it sounds delusional. You got swept and you think you would have any chance to beat the Spurs only if you had over the hill Billups? I am not even talking about the OKC and Heat.

StinkEye
06-27-2012, 02:29 PM
Why is it so tough to say "We WERE" instead of "We was"?? So many others say it as well :facepalm:

On topic, CP3 is just being confidant even if it sounds delusional. You got swept and you think you would have any chance to beat the Spurs only if you had over the hill Billups? I am not even talking about the OKC and Heat.

Confident, or making excuses?

The goods
06-27-2012, 02:33 PM
No you guys weren't sorry to bust your bubble. And talking like an idiot isn't cool Chris your a great player,and you went to college so act like it buddy.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-27-2012, 02:38 PM

Ha ha ha ha

Do you think taught IRONY there?

Good one:laugh2:

Hawkeye15
06-27-2012, 03:19 PM
absolutely not. Too many holes on the team still. They still need more scoring power on the wings, Blake's game has to get better, and they need some sort of offensive production out of their center. On top of that, they need better defense.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-27-2012, 03:20 PM
Dey woulda gone bust them Spurs ***.

Vinny642
06-27-2012, 03:23 PM
Dey woulda gone bust them Spurs ***.

LOL your sig is ****ing amazing

Davidgta1
06-27-2012, 03:33 PM
If some how they woulda beat the thunder the heat woulda destroyed them.

Method28
06-27-2012, 03:33 PM
Probably just a slip. Chris Paul does not speak that way. He is the current Vice President and future President of the nbpa, you think they let an individual with grammar like dis 2 be reprasentin'?? Nah son.

njnets
06-27-2012, 03:37 PM
They were playing really well when billups was healthy. I think they would have done better in te playoffs. Win it all though? Doubt it.

dtmagnet
06-27-2012, 03:53 PM
Thats almost english, but nice try Chris.

GSW Hoops
06-27-2012, 04:01 PM
If Kwame Brown hadn't been injured, the Warriors would have won the title.

Chronz
06-27-2012, 04:10 PM
It wouldve been awesome to have a team that was even remotely close to healthy. Couldve made some noise

Muttman73
06-27-2012, 04:10 PM
"we was"

who needs an education when you can shoot the rock

Method28
06-27-2012, 04:15 PM
Haha once again...that is NOT how he speaks.

Cracka2HI!
06-27-2012, 04:20 PM
I love his confidence in the team. Could care less about his grammer. He is much more successful than all of you so I'd steer clear of ripping him for something so meaningless in his life. I don't think he's correct on this one tho. I think we win 1 or 2 against the Spurs and probably would have had to play them regardless. I do think we would have won the division tho.

popo85
06-27-2012, 04:32 PM
no

ichitownclowni
06-27-2012, 04:35 PM
Can you blame him for being confident? Maybe a little much yes but I find no problem with being cocky.

StarvingKnick22
06-27-2012, 04:36 PM
Paul is getting to cocky

Shkelqim
06-27-2012, 04:41 PM
They have no inside presence. Chauncey couldn't help them.

Vinny642
06-27-2012, 04:48 PM
Paul is getting to cocky

That is what going to Los Angeles does't for you.... i remember a few years ago he got punked by Nate Robinson...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTXspXqswfA

Blitzbolt
06-27-2012, 04:48 PM
I saw the clipps in the playoffs 7 games and their biggest issue was the lack of coaching on and off the floor.

CP3 flop and flop and the other players follow his lead.They need a vet coach who stands up to CP3 and another vet player on the floor like Chauncey.CP3 is really good but he is VERY immature.

ChiSox219
06-27-2012, 04:51 PM
I saw the clipps in the playoffs 7 games and their biggest issue was the lack of coaching on and off the floor.

CP3 flop and flop and the other players follow his lead.They need a vet coach who stands up to CP3 and another vet player on the floor like Chauncey.CP3 is really good but he is VERY immature.

playoff Clippers very different than Billups Clippers were

Method28
06-27-2012, 05:12 PM
@Vinny

Man why are you still bitter. You guys got a good package and now have the #1 pick. A chance to.have a real team instead of a one man wrecking crew. Stop trying to trash Cp. He carried that team and city on his back for a long time.

Vinny642
06-27-2012, 05:17 PM
@Vinny

Man why are you still bitter. You guys got a good package and now have the #1 pick. A chance to.have a real team instead of a one man wrecking crew. Stop trying to trash Cp. He carried that team and city on his back for a long time.

Im not bitter lol, I know how he is, im not trashing him with lies, he has became more cocky for no reason, just because Blake Griffin is on his team, im happy with Gordon and Davis ^_^

When he was with the Hornets he wasn't as cocky, he wouldn't get involved with on the court arguments or anything. But he has retained his flopping skill :)

Method28
06-27-2012, 05:20 PM
@Vinny....

It's probably because.in NO he.didnt really.have much talent around him. The dude is under tremendous pressure under LA's microscope. It seems it was a win-win for bot the Clips and Hornets. That's pretty rare in that situation.

Vinny642
06-27-2012, 05:25 PM
@Vinny....

It's probably because.in NO he.didnt really.have much talent around him. The dude is under tremendous pressure under LA's microscope. It seems it was a win-win for bot the Clips and Hornets. That's pretty rare in that situation.

who is to say CP stays after this season?

Method28
06-27-2012, 05:27 PM
He seems to love it and the Clips are being very.active trying to surround.him with pieces.

I really don't see a better running mate that is young other than Howard either.

Vinny642
06-27-2012, 05:34 PM
He seems to love it and the Clips are being very.active trying to surround.him with pieces.

I really don't see a better running mate that is young other than Howard either.

For some reason I see him wanting to go to either the Lakers or the Knicks, especially the Knicks for some reason, and honestly, Blake is kinda of overrated now, i'd rather Kevin Love over Blake any day, especially when you have a big like Jordan, but I think what they do this season will be the deciding factor, but hey anything is possible.

Avenged
06-27-2012, 05:38 PM
Would have probably won some games against the Spurs for sure.. Don't think they would have won that series though. Also, Chris Paul & Blake were injured so hey, who knows? :shrug: I don't think they would have won the championship though.

Method28
06-27-2012, 05:46 PM
@Vinny...

I REALLY hope he does not go to the Knicks. Melo is a cancer and is a selfish player. Not a player to team with the top pg in the nba.

Love is better than Griffin but that doesn't mean Griffin isnt good. Ill take 20/10 55% fg for the year all day lol

if it wasnt for Jordan's contract....major players here :/

Vinny642
06-27-2012, 05:52 PM
@Vinny...

I REALLY hope he does not go to the Knicks. Melo is a cancer and is a selfish player. Not a player to team with the top pg in the nba.

Love is better than Griffin but that doesn't mean Griffin isnt good. Ill take 20/10 55% fg for the year all day lol

if it wasnt for Jordan's contract....major players here :/

Jordan's contract is one of those contracts that take away from getting a more need role player... but I think Love would fit better for the Clips because he can space out the defense, he is a better rebounder, and since Jordan is in the paint, why have two big men with little to none mid range game... but hey as long as there happy, they do them.

Now tomorrow is a big day for me and all of the New Orleans Hornet fans

Method28
06-27-2012, 05:58 PM
@Vinny

I completely agree. Well Jordan can still step it up and work on his.game. Hopefully he can improve his man d and get a baby jumper or sonething. He's still only like 23 or so.

Tomorrow is huge. What type of player do you see Davis as?

What to do with that #10 spot as well?

What do you think of that rumored Eric Gordon to Houston for their picks...would you pull the trigger in fear that Gordon is going to walk?

NYMetropolitans
06-27-2012, 06:08 PM
Why can't NBA players use the english language properly? Melo does the same ****. We was, we was, we was. You sound like a moron.

Vinny642
06-27-2012, 06:21 PM
@Vinny

I completely agree. Well Jordan can still step it up and work on his.game. Hopefully he can improve his man d and get a baby jumper or sonething. He's still only like 23 or so.

Tomorrow is huge. What type of player do you see Davis as?

What to do with that #10 spot as well?

What do you think of that rumored Eric Gordon to Houston for their picks...would you pull the trigger in fear that Gordon is going to walk?

Eric Gordon is a RFA so we'd have the option to match any offer for him, and we already stated we will match offers for him, so I know he is ours unless Demps wants to trade him, but he will be a Hornet.

Now AD is unique, he started out as a guard so he has quickness, vision, a jumper and then his growth spurt helped him become one of the best shot blockers in the NCAA ever, he broke the single season record in his freshman year, also he is only 19, and has a high motor and a good work ethic.

Experts and scouts are saying his low is a Marcus Camby type player and his highest ceiling is something around Kevin Garnett and Tim Duncan, so you know im excited, but I wanna see what happens with the 10th pick, we may trade down, we may just trade it, or we might draft someone, Austin Rivers, Kendall Marshall, Damian Lillard, and Meyers Leonard are names I keep hearing often.

StinkEye
06-27-2012, 08:06 PM
I still don't understand how you guys think what Chris said shows something about his confidence. It sounds more like excuses.

KB24PG16
06-27-2012, 08:13 PM
They was still gonna lose to the spurs and wouldve never gotten nick young who to some degree filled billups shoes

Kuya_Clive
06-27-2012, 09:22 PM
No Chris, you wasn't finna win a championship this year

jiggin
06-27-2012, 10:54 PM
Sorry, he summed up his intellect with his lack of proper English.

And people wonder why American's are stupid. Our celebrities don't even know how to properly use our language.

Sorry Paul...you are a moron.

TheNumber37
06-27-2012, 11:13 PM
I think they could've come out the west.

Cracka2HI!
06-28-2012, 01:11 AM

Why so bitter? You guys just got beat. Plain and simple. We we're the better team, especially when it counted down the stretch. The refs and our flopping did NOTHING for us. We had to beat you guys and the refs one game.

Cracka2HI!
06-28-2012, 01:14 AM
I still don't understand how you guys think what Chris said shows something about his confidence. It sounds more like excuses.If he was making excuses he would have used the legit injuries to Blake and himself. Did you hear either of them even talk about it?

They was still gonna lose to the spurs and wouldve never gotten nick young who to some degree filled billups shoes
We gave up nothing for Young we would have added him anyway. Butler was garbage at the time and Bobby Simmons was backing him up.

No Chris, you wasn't finna win a championship this year

Sorry, he summed up his intellect with his lack of proper English.

And people wonder why American's are stupid. Our celebrities don't even know how to properly use our language.

Sorry Paul...you are a moron.LOL! Yea he's a MULTI millionaire, but he is a failure in life because now people on the internet think he's dumb because he aint talk well. :facepalm:

STL Don
06-28-2012, 01:25 AM
Obviously he just REALLY wants to have Chauncey back to back him up at point and put in some more productive minutes at shooting guard.
I don't blame him for wanting him to return, he's still a great player to have coming off the bench and will only make the team better.

TheRunKiller
06-28-2012, 01:44 AM
lol @ chris paul

Clippersfan86
06-28-2012, 02:15 AM
People are so ignorant. WITH Billups the Clippers were the 2-3 seed the entire time pretty much and the number 1 offense in the NBA. People keep talking about how the Clippers got swept but don't mention how Spurs were coming off 8 or 9 days rest while Clippers were coming off a brutal, exhausting 7 game series.

Then you look at the fact that the Clippers top 5 players were ALL injured.

CP3 had a badly pulled groin that CLEARLY destroyed his game.
Griffin had a knee sprain which clearly hurt his explosiveness.
Butler had a broken hand where doctors wanted him to sit out for weeks.
Mo Williams had a shooting hand injury in which his shot was flat for playoffs.
Billups had the blown Achilles and wasn't playing.

Give the Clippers HEALTHY CP3+Griffin+Butler+Williams+Billups and they absolutely had a shot at the finals. OKC would have been a much better matchup than Spurs but still they could have beaten the Spurs.

TheRunKiller
06-28-2012, 02:49 AM
People are so ignorant. WITH Billups the Clippers were the 2-3 seed the entire time pretty much and the number 1 offense in the NBA. People keep talking about how the Clippers got swept but don't mention how Spurs were coming off 8 or 9 days rest while Clippers were coming off a brutal, exhausting 7 game series.

Give the Clippers HEALTHY CP3+Griffin+Butler+Williams+Billups and they absolutely had a shot at the finals. OKC would have been a much better matchup than Spurs but still they could have beaten the Spurs.

coulda woulda shoulda. **** happens

Clippersfan86
06-28-2012, 03:12 AM
coulda woulda shoulda. **** happens

Find me another contender or borderline contender that had it's 5 best players ALL with significant injuries in the playoffs. I doubt it's ever happened before. This isn't minor stuff... every single injury but Mo's would keep a player out at least 5-10 games during the regular season. Not making excuses at all but people are acting like Clippers healthy or not had zero chance but don't forget when healthy Vegas had them at the 3rd best title odds for first part of season.

This isn't just Clipper stans being delusional.

kblo247
06-28-2012, 05:13 AM
Had LO not been a mental wreck they would have won.
Had Pau have found his playoff nuts from years ago they would have won.
Had Zach not gotten injured they would have won.
Had the Spurs not had Manu out so long they would have won.

Ashby
06-28-2012, 05:35 AM
I still don't see the Clippers getting passed OKC. Not even sure if they could have won the series against the Spurs with Billups in the lineup.

show34
06-28-2012, 05:36 AM
Not sure if thats the truth but they wouldnt have been swept

Knicks21
06-28-2012, 05:54 AM

You want a 8 day break? Sweep the Grizzlies, you have no one to blame but yourself.

If every team was healthy all year around this year as a whole would be a completely different story. You cant blame not succeeding on injuries, its bad luck but its not an excuse.

kblo247
06-28-2012, 06:52 AM
ffs least the clips didnt have a b2b in the second round

RowBTrice
06-28-2012, 08:55 AM
lol OK Chris.

JC_
06-28-2012, 09:00 AM
If he hadn't gotten injured, Mr. Big Shot would have hit a 300 pointer to win them the championship

Knicks21
06-28-2012, 09:25 AM
Find me another contender or borderline contender that had it's 5 best players ALL with significant injuries in the playoffs. I doubt it's ever happened before. This isn't minor stuff... every single injury but Mo's would keep a player out at least 5-10 games during the regular season. Not making excuses at all but people are acting like Clippers healthy or not had zero chance but don't forget when healthy Vegas had them at the 3rd best title odds for first part of season.

This isn't just Clipper stans being delusional.

Chandler, Jeffries, Shumpert, Lin, Stoudemire, Davis to name a few.

Its bad luck.

Arguably Chicago suffered the worst, with Rose down the offense when to pits, they had no one who was a consistent threat on offense (deng injured).

StinkEye
06-28-2012, 11:31 AM
If he was making excuses he would have used the legit injuries to Blake and himself. Did you hear either of them even talk about it?

lolwut?

They did enough hobbling and cryfaces to remind us that they were "hurt." I just don't know how bringing up Chauncey's injury says anything about Chris Paul's confidence. Perhaps if he said "next year we'll have a healthy Chauncey, and we will win the Championship" that would show confidence (or delusion), but bringing up his injury in hindsight is just an excuse.